Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » September 2017 and Third Quarter Local By-Election Summary

13»

Comments

• williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,789
    Scott_P said:

@pollymackenzie: Just heard Brexhaustion on @BBCPM - have we not reached peak Brefix yet?

Not past its Brexpiry date?
  • foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Jonathan said:

"Ed Vaizey, a former minister, today became the first Tory MP to break ranks and said that "quite a few people are firmly of the view that she should resign" after her disastrous conference speech."

Why now?
    It wasn't her fault she had a cough or that the comedian got past security or that the set started falling to bits.
    No, but it is her fault that she needed a good conference to restore her reputation.
    Didn’t give me the impression of a good, i.e positive, confident, conference before the speech.
    She was seriously going nowhere. All the momentum was with Corbyn and she needed a game changing conference and a speech to wrap it up that put energy, hope and ideas back into her party while making the non-aligned voter give her and the party another look...
    Frog, prankster and Fs falling off aren't the reason she has failed to do that!
    When does Parliament reassemble? Is it Monday. If it is there’ll be a PMQ on Wednesday. Wonder what JC will make of it.
    I suspect Jezza will not mention it, and concentrate on policy.

For all his faults, he doesn't personalise politics, indeed he looks appropriately sheepish at the adulation.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950

Jonathan said:

"Ed Vaizey, a former minister, today became the first Tory MP to break ranks and said that "quite a few people are firmly of the view that she should resign" after her disastrous conference speech."

Why now?
    It wasn't her fault she had a cough or that the comedian got past security or that the set started falling to bits.
    No, but it is her fault that she needed a good conference to restore her reputation.
    Didn’t give me the impression of a good, i.e positive, confident, conference before the speech.
    She was seriously going nowhere. All the momentum was with Corbyn and she needed a game changing conference and a speech to wrap it up that put energy, hope and ideas back into her party while making the non-aligned voter give her and the party another look...
    Frog, prankster and Fs falling off aren't the reason she has failed to do that!
    When does Parliament reassemble? Is it Monday. If it is there’ll be a PMQ on Wednesday. Wonder what JC will make of it.
    Well I think we can be sure he will ignore completely the mishaps and focus on policy.

That this is pretty obvious is in itself bad for May and another plus point for Jezza.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,840

Scott_P said:

@pollymackenzie: Just heard Brexhaustion on @BBCPM - have we not reached peak Brefix yet?

Not past its Brexpiry date?
    Well, I'm Brexasperated with the whole malarkey.
  • JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,211

Scott_P said:

This is a revolt of the Remainer die-hards.

Instigated by BoZo...
    He's a current cabinet minister.

Doesn't mean he's not providing 'encouragement', mind.
    I’ve heard from reliable sources some of the ex cabinet ministers trying to oust Mrs May are Leavers.

They think she’s too weak and damaged to deliver a proper Brexit and will be bullied by the cabinet Remainers into giving a BINO.
    In which case I’d put Owen badgers-moved-the-goalposts Patterson firmly in the frame.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,840

Scott_P said:

Instigated by BoZo...

I’ve heard from reliable sources some of the ex cabinet ministers trying to oust Mrs May are Leavers.

They think she’s too weak and damaged to deliver a proper Brexit and will be bullied by the cabinet Remainers into giving a BINO.
    They really are bonkers about this. Of all the reasons to oust her!
  • JohnO said:

Scott_P said:

Instigated by BoZo...

In which case I’d put Owen badgers-moved-the-goalposts Patterson firmly in the frame.
    Indeed, and if I were to cough, my cough would sound suspiciously like Theresa Villiers.
  • rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,881
    But if Leavers are out to get TM - who do they want instead?

Surely they don't trust Boris - who at the very least took his time on declaring for leave side - and has a pro immigration, let's vote to leave to renegotiate past?
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    dixiedean said:

Scott_P said:

Instigated by BoZo...

They really are bonkers about this. Of all the reasons to oust her!
    Of course the main motivation behind any attempt to get rid of her will be revenge by Cameron supporters.
  • NEW THREAD

This discussion has been closed.