Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » When will Mrs May announces her decision to stand down or be r

13»

Comments

• Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,940
    AndyJS said:

kyf_100 said:

However what London is becoming truly terrifies me. I read 'This is London' by Ben Judah recently (recommended by someone on here - I can't quite remember who though, sorry), and it makes me think I need to get out of this place sooner rather than later.

The city is dividing, stratifying, becoming more like a Dubai or Doha where you have the very rich and the very poor and very little in between, and also a great deal of stratification based on race. This is not a city I feel comfortable in any more - not because I'm afraid of hearing "foreign voices" on the tube, but rather because I feel deeply uncomfortable with the widening gulf between rich and poor and the ghettoisation of certain areas based on race/religion, as laid out in Ben Judah's book.

It might have been me who recommended the Ben Judah book. I definitely mentioned it on here, although others might have also done so.
    If so, then thanks. It was a real eye-opener. Yes, as others have said downthread it is a little lurid in places, but it has given me a much better insight into (and empathy for) the lives of others less fortunate who live in this city.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,610
    scotslass said:

Listen to the real FM, Kenny

says the amusing and informative pro indy website Scotland Goes Pop.

The Kenny in question is "devo or death" Farquarson who yesterday fell hook line and sinker for the fake Sturgeon parody site supporting Madrid over Catalonia

So Sturgeon is supporting Catalonia over Madrid?

Asking for a friend....
This discussion has been closed.