Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Latest ConHome party members’ survey finds no clear preference

SystemSystem Posts: 11,015
edited November 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Latest ConHome party members’ survey finds no clear preference for who should succeed Mrs. May

At some stage in the next 20 month or so the largely male and elderly membership of the Conservative party will vote on who should be the next Prime Minister – so we need to keep an eye on the regular ConHome surveys of party members.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,100
    23% other - that is hiding the next Leader.....
  • Options

+1
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,721
    I hope our civil servants are competent, as presumably with parliament and government paralyzed they are running the show right now.

But I like Other, he/she is what the country needs right now.
  • Options

murali_s said:

Scott_P said:
    Politics is truly broken. A people's revolution anyone?
    We had one,it was called the EU referendum and we won.
    Revolutions are often followed by further revolution.

(That said I don't think the EU vote was one, nor do I think another one is necessary)
  • Options
    Lol, Dermot Desmond being chased by the BBC about tax avoidance. The next day he fired off a letter to the reporter beginning with 'Are you a Rangers supporter?'.

Generally the narrative seems to have moved on from 'There's nothing crooked about using tax avoidance vehicles' to 'I am not avoiding tax by using these tax avoidance vehicles'.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    The stench of death surrounding this government is overwhelming, yet the zombie cabinet lurches on, necrotizing everything it touches
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    edited November 2017

Maybe not. Maybe they expressed likings for 23 other candidates @ 1% each. If the candidates names were known they would be between Leadsom and Green and that right-hand column would vanish.

In fact, given that John and JRM have values more than half the righthand column, if that column masks two candidates then then would likely score lower in the table.

That graph says that Boris and JRM are the candidates
  • Options

Lol, Dermot Desmond being chased by the BBC about tax avoidance. The next day he fired off a letter to the reporter beginning with 'Are you a Rangers supporter?'.

Generally the narrative seems to have moved on from 'There's nothing crooked about using tax avoidance vehicles' to 'I am not avoiding tax by using these tax avoidance vehicles'.

Inevitable. Most people will see it as crooked even if it is legal, so it's a losing fight to try to argue the point.
  • Options
    @DPJHodges: What does the fact Ministers can meet heads of state behind the PM's back with impunity do for her credibility in Brexit negotiations.
  • Options

Maybe not. Maybe they expressed likings for 23 other candidates @ 1% each.
    But someone within that 23% will be who they coalesce around. Basically, the messge is "skip a generation...."
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

The stench of death surrounding this government is overwhelming, yet the zombie cabinet lurches on, necrotizing everything it touches

A description like that is the only thing that makes the government look like it is doing ok, since it is so over the top, and half the things happening at present are not even only government issues.
  • Options

But someone within that 23% will be who they coalesce around. Basically, the messge is "skip a generation...."
    Sorry - I edited it and added some extras.....
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@DPJHodges: What does the fact Ministers can meet heads of state behind the PM's back with impunity do for her credibility in Brexit negotiations.

It makes no difference. She has none any more... :(
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,052
    Scott_P said:

Necrotizing Brexititis is a fatal condition that would afflict any government attempting to leave the EU on a slim mandate based on a false prospectus.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,914
    Scott_P said:
    The demand that we must effectively pledge fealty to Iran is a poor one by Thornberry.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,983
    Most likely it will be Davis v Rudd Tory MPs put to the membership, certainly if May goes before Brexit is completed.

I think Boris or JRM are more likely to take over in opposition as Tory leader than be the next PM.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

The demand that we must effectively pledge fealty to Iran is a poor one by Thornberry.

Too late

@DPJHodges: Important thing people missing with Boris/Zaghari-Ratcliffe blunder. He has now put his political future in the hands of a foreign state.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Scott_P said:
    Terrible for the family, but if his remarks do lead to an increase in her sentence, with his remarks the official reason, that surely would be a resignation offence.
  • Options

Is Kevin going to chuck his hat in the ring :) ?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

A description like that is the only thing that makes the government look like it is doing ok, since it is so over the top, and half the things happening at present are not even only government issues.

Please give us a comprehensive list of the things this Government has done, and not monumentally fucked up, this year...

I'll wait.
  • Options
    A small note (since I heard a politician fail on this one on R4)

Tax Avoidance is legal. You are not obliged to arrange your tax affairs to maximise tax paid.

Tax Evasion is illegal. You are required to pay the tax you owe. Any Tax Avoidance you have used or not used is not relevant. Whatever your tax is calculated as you MUST pay.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,189
    kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    Terrible for the family, but if his remarks do lead to an increase in her sentence, with his remarks the official reason, that surely would be a resignation offence.
    I wonder if they're upset because Boris has inadvertently told the truth...
  • Options

A small note (since I heard a politician fail on this one on R4)

Tax Avoidance is legal. You are not obliged to arrange your tax affairs to maximise tax paid.

Tax Evasion is illegal. You are required to pay the tax you owe. Any Tax Avoidance you have used or not used is not relevant. Whatever your tax is calculated as you MUST pay.

A neat enough distinction, until we made aggressive tax avoidance into evasion...
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    An interesting comparison in the US of left vs right in reaction to tragedies -

Exhibit A - a man using a pickup truck to mow people down in NYC is revealed to have been admitted on a Lottery visa, and having apparently brought a further 23 people in due to chain migration. At the first conservative mention of the need to review immigration policy, the lefties immediately opine that "this is not the time to politicize a tragedy."

Exhibit B - a man carrying an assault rifle and wearing body armor enters a church and kills over 25 people and injures many others. IMMEDIATELY the lefties invoke gun control in full cry. When questioned as to whether their suggested remedies would have stopped this particular crime they admit not. Yet they still push the same ideas at every opportunity - extended background checks etc.

The 'problem' for the lefties is that most of the US shootouts used legally obtained weapons.
  • Options
    There are only 2 people in the World who think Boris shouldn't resign immediately. And Boris might be both of them.
  • Options

Noted. But there is still 65% of the membership for somebody other than Johnson or Rees-Mogg. I still think new broom will win out. But much depends upon when the job becomes vacant on the Brexit time-line.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

kle4 said:

Please give us a comprehensive list of the things this Government has done, and not monumentally fucked up, this year...

I'll wait.
    Hi Scott, the list is below

---- list of the things this Government has done, and not monumentally f****d up ----

---- list ends ----
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

Scott_P said:

Necrotizing Brexititis is a fatal condition that would afflict any government attempting to leave the EU on a slim mandate based on a false prospectus.
    Thanks for pointing out the real issue with Scott.

Scott's number issue is brexit and how to stop it,if that means getting rid of this Tory government, so be it.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

The 'problem' for the lefties is that most of the US shootouts used legally obtained weapons.

That's exactly the point.

They want to make it harder to legally obtain weapons.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Scott_P said:

kle4 said:

I'll wait.
    I didn't say they were doing well, so no thanks. I said your, albeit amusing, over the top description is the only thing that makes them look like they are doing ok. Since you can read, you can presumably see that is saying they are not doing well, merely that your overdoing is the only think making it almost seem like it is.

And also that half the things happening now are not government only issues, which is true without saying the government is doing ok.

Perhaps save the indignant response for someone who is arguing the government has done great.

I'll wait.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    So why doesn't May sack Boris now?
  • Options
    FPT:
    kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    Hope we see this gain the kind of attention the ‘sex’ scandal has. How awful.

I hope it is not a real life Armando Ianucci show - as entertaining as his shows are, if there was even a 10% basis in fact in how horribly people in politics, elected or not, treat each other and underlings, it would be an absolute disgrace and I could not put up with it myself.
    Agreed. I don’t know how anyone could put up with such behaviour on a frequent basis.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,847
    edited November 2017
    https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/927559523761504257
    The Telegraph's Europe Editor backs the rather alarming take on a likelihood of a catastrophic no deal.
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092
    Tim_B said:

Exhibit A - a man using a pickup truck to mow people down in NYC is revealed to have been admitted on a Lottery visa, and having apparently brought a further 23 people in due to chain migration. At the first conservative mention of the need to review immigration policy, the lefties immediately opine that "this is not the time to politicize a tragedy."

Exhibit B - a man carrying an assault rifle and wearing body armor enters a church and kills over 25 people and injures many others. IMMEDIATELY the lefties invoke gun control in full cry. When questioned as to whether their suggested remedies would have stopped this particular crime they admit not. Yet they still push the same ideas at every opportunity - extended background checks etc.

What about the right? Did they have an entirely consistent stance on politicising tragedies, or were they just the inverse of the left?
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    I wonder if they're upset because Boris has inadvertently told the truth...
    A sackable offence if ever I heard one, in certain situations.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Hi Tim, could you please explain how the "right to bear arms" helped the victims in that church?
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,502
    The poll reminds me of this which show that a 'generic Democrat' would sweep to victory in the next Presidential election.
    Clearly the Tories need to elect none of the above as their next leader. Preferably a generic Conservative...
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,022
    edited November 2017
    Tim_B said:

Yeah, the big deal about mass shootings is how big a 'problem' it is for lefties.

Keep prayin'..
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Noted. But there is still 65% of the membership for somebody other than Johnson or Rees-Mogg. I still think new broom will win out. But much depends upon when the job becomes vacant on the Brexit time-line.
    After reading that I am having flashbacks of watching six-gilled sharks fighting over a decaying whale carcass on last night's Blue Planet. I cannot think why ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Scott_P said:

Scott's number issue is brexit and how to stop it,if that means getting rid of this Tory government, so be it.
    Except Corbyn will not stop Brexit or even commit to soft Brexit either.

His only hope on that score is the LDs holding the balance of power in a hung Parliament and perhaps with SNP support forcing Corbyn to stay in the single market in return for confidence and supply even if that means leaving free movement uncontrolled.

On current polling that is of course not impossible.
  • Options
    Gavin Williamson is perfectly placed as defence secretary to take over the FO.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

The trick, William Glenn, is not minding that it hurts.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Nigelb said:

The poll reminds me of this which show that a 'generic Democrat' would sweep to victory in the next Presidential election.
    Clearly the Tories need to elect none of the above as their next leader. Preferably a generic Conservative...

Many people are proud to stand up and say they have a vision, that they are the voice of change, and so on. I want to see someone bold enough to argue they are the epitome of generic, bland, middle of the roadness.

Crap, that was May, wasn't it?

Never mind - where is the most generic constituency, and who is the MP there?

Etc An old 538 article listed Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale and Tweeddale as the most nationally representative seat in the country, which is something, but not quite what I was looking for. Still, Mundell I guess.

A BBC article this year said Worcester was the most average place in the UK. So, some dude named Robin Walker. He looks generic.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

There are only 2 people in the World who think Boris shouldn't resign immediately. And Boris might be both of them.

I have 50 quid on him surviving till the end of the year :)
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092
    Scott_P said:

Tim_B said:

That's exactly the point.

They want to make it harder to legally obtain weapons.
    Yes, surely Tim's argument would make more sense if the weapons were illegally obtained.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

:smiley:
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Scott_P said:

The fact the honourable course is to resign has no bearing on what actually happens.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:

His only hope on that score is the LDs holding the balance of power in a hung Parliament and perhaps with SNP support forcing Corbyn to stay in the single market in return for confidence and supply even if that means leaving free movement uncontrolled.

The majority of labour MP's are in the remain camp ,so is the membership, he will do what these people tell him -free movement and all.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,847
    If Johnson were to "reverse ferret" on Brexit (perhaps, for eg, by coming out EFTA), the sheer chutzpah could carry him to Number 10.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,807
    Scott_P said:

kle4 said:

I'll wait.
    This government is incompetent and bereft of purpose. But, I would give it credit for cutting both unemployment and the public sector deficit.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,002
    59% Brexiteers - 17% Remainders. If Brexit is still not delivered, it's not easy to see how a Remainer can win, so is winning the Brexiteer primary among MPs tantamount to election? Last time, that was Leadsom, but she only lost reputation in the subsequent 12 months while narrow third-place Gove regained reputation, so are his chances being significantly understated at 25s or am I missing something? Is it so clear that he couldn't be top in the Leave leadership (Leavership) bracket?
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Pulpstar said:

Scott_P said:

The fact the honourable course is to resign has no bearing on what actually happens.
    Let's hope you're right :D
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Tim_B said:

What difference does that make? Dead is dead.

When is the US going to face up to the fact that it has a massive gun problem?
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,954
    FPT:

Maybe something big like Nissan walking would be the moment the country wakes up from this collective madness?

But that would mean that the EU has basically blackmailed us into submission. Which would imply the end of the UK as an independent country. I cannot even imagine all the consequences of that, but I don't think it will end well for any side.

Part of the problem is that the UK government made certain assurances to Nissan (and others) to avoid adverse events like this.

This, in turn, ties the hands of the UK negotiating team.

If we go back on our assurances in Nissan, then it increases the risk of something bad happening. And I don't think you can think of this as blackmail: this would merely be Nissan protecting their shareholders against a negative outcome - something they are morally bound to do.

If we honour our assurances to Nissan, then we find ourselves in a very weak negotiating position.

There is no good outcome to this puzzle. We already have a dangerously unbalanced economy, with a current account deficit, a government deficit, and the lowest savings rates in history. The biggest threat to Brexit has always been a nasty recession between now and exit day; how do we minimise the chance of that recession in the next two years?
  • Options
    @patrickkmaguire: Priti Patel must resign, says Shas Sheehan, the Lib Dem international development spokesperson. The final humiliation.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

He reminds me of a bond villain ;-)
  • Options

Tim_B said:

It has, and it seems to be content to continue on as they are, strange as it seems. Sure, there's outrage and those that are not content, but if the country were overwhelmingly outraged it would change direction, and no one seems to think that will happen.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:

The majority of labour MP's are in the remain camp ,so is the membership, he will do what these people tell him -free movement and all.
    He'll do what the majority of MPs tell him to do even though when they told him to go he told them to get stuffed. Not sure your logic is right there.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

The biggest threat to Brexit has always been a nasty recession between now and exit day; how do we minimise the chance of that recession in the next two years?

Revoke Article 50

The economic boost would be immense
  • Options
    So glad I kept on laying Boris Johnson as next Tory Leader/PM.

I told you he was shite that the MPs not the membership would go for him.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    It is time for us to revisit old memes and pronounce that "Theresa is cr*p" on a regular basis?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Have to wonder who Lewis Hamiltons accountants were. Everyone knows you can't reclaim VAT on new vehicles for private use :)
    Now if he'd bought a "second hand" jet from a business using them commercially...
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Pulpstar said:

Scott_P said:

I have £40...

so hang on in there BoJo...
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

rcs1000 said:

The biggest threat to Brexit has always been a nasty recession between now and exit day; how do we minimise the chance of that recession in the next two years?

Revoke Article 50

Amusing, except the question was about minimizing a recession between now and exit day, key word exit.
  • Options

It is time for us to revisit old memes and pronounce that "Theresa is cr*p" on a regular basis?

That would require enough people to believe the opposite to rebut it to keep it funny.
  • Options

You are TSE and I claim my 5 Euros :)
  • Options
    kle4 said:

That would require enough people to believe the opposite to rebut it to keep it funny.
    Theresa May is not crap, she's fecking awful
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Pulpstar said:

Scott_P said:

I have £40...

so hang on in there BoJo...
    I think Thornberry letter is too supine to Iran for sure
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Have to wonder who Lewis Hamiltons accountants were. Everyone knows you can't reclaim VAT on new vehicles for private use :)
    Now if he'd bought a "second hand" jet from a business using them commercially...

Damn it. I payed the VAT on my private jet.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Big_G seems willing to carry that torch for now
  • Options

kle4 said:

But we're the worst of all. We're enablers of crap.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

kle4 said:

Well there;s always one.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:

He'll do what the majority of MPs tell him to do even though when they told him to go he told them to get stuffed. Not sure your logic is right there.
    He won't rock the boat when the PM job is so close.

I hope he sticks to his anti EU stance that he had before the labour top job but the pressure from behind him will be immense for a very soft brexit(with freemovement )or another referendum.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,052
    kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

rcs1000 said:

Revoke Article 50

Amusing, except the question was about minimizing a recession between now and exit day, key word exit.
    Brexit is a fantasy. The biggest threat to it is reality.

For anyone who wants to protect 'Brexit', the best solution is to let it remain a dream. Ironically it's the Brexiteers who should be most keen on revoking Article 50 as soon as possible.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,370
    edited November 2017
    Jonathan said:

kle4 said:

I remember all the abuse I used to get when I warned Mrs May was crap, a Pound Shop Gordon Brown.
  • Options

You are TSE and I claim my 5 Euros :)
    :D
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Pulpstar said:

I suspect he will have to pay VAT. The real difficulty will be Apple. However the US and EU are big market places so there is some leverage available to government's here. The ability to take on MNCs is one strong argument in favour of institutions such as the EU tbh
  • Options
    edited November 2017

HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:

He won't rock the boat when the PM job is so close.

I hope he sticks to his anti EU stance that he had before the labour top job but the pressure from behind him will be immense for a very soft brexit(with freemovement )or another referendum.
    He came from a different place than most leaders, but in the end, like all politicians, he will sacrifice some of what he wants, even some big parts of it, in order to get other things he wants. He will bend and compromise on his principles to secure that.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:

37% of Labour voters voted Leave and a majority of Labour seats voted Leave.

If a weak Corbyn minority government is forced to leave free movement in place because of LD and SNP demands the UK stays in the single market a Tory Leaver opposition leader and UKIP will be licking their lips at all those Labour Leave voters now in play.
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    Jonathan said:

Pulpstar said:

I went to the Isle of man once , could I reclaim the VAT ?
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,261
    edited November 2017
    Jonathan said:

kle4 said:

"It's SHITE being a REMAINER! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the LEAVERS. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, were beaten in a referendum by wankers. Can't even find decent referendum opponents to be beaten BY. We're ruled by effete arseholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Jonathan, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference!"
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Tim_B said:

It has, and it seems to be content to continue on as they are, strange as it seems. Sure, there's outrage and those that are not content, but if the country were overwhelmingly outraged it would change direction, and no one seems to think that will happen.
    I have often considered that the best thing about the US is the 3,500 miles of ocean between me and it. I always had the amazing, fantastic, historical, tolerant, welcoming UK to live in. :+1: Now I just see that slipping away as the lunatics burn down the asylum.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:

Some of them may have changed their minds, but I would think the not inconsiderable numbers of LD leavers get annoyed at being lumped in with some other leavers (technically I was a LD leaver at the time, though I was never a party member or guaranteed supporter)
  • Options

Jonathan said:

kle4 said:

I remember all the abuse I used to get when I warned Mrs May was crap, a Pound Shop Gordon Brown.
    It is thanks to Mrs May we had a PM after Cameron and Osborne scarpered following their referendum defeat who is finally making some progress on a FTA and Brexit deal with the EU, that is unlikely to have occurred with Boris and Davis at the helm.
  • Options

kle4 said:

Tim_B said:

I have often considered that the best thing about the US is the 3,500 miles of ocean between me and it. I always had the amazing, fantastic, historical, tolerant, welcoming UK to live in. :+1: Now I just see that slipping away as the lunatics burn down the asylum.
    Well, you have Ireland I guess.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

kle4 said:

You over-valued her. Your financial reputation is, as a result, in tatters :D
  • Options

Jonathan said:

kle4 said:

Gordon Brown at least lost his first election :lol:
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,954
    Tim_B said:

Doesn't the Right have exactly the same issue in the US:

Exhibit A: let's change the immigration system!
    Exhibit B: let's not worry about guns!
  • Options

Jonathan said:

kle4 said:

Gordon Brown at least lost his first election :lol:
    Brown and his party came out of the election better.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,807
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:

If a weak Corbyn minority government is forced to leave free movement in place because of LD and SNP demands the UK stays in the single market a Tory Leaver opposition leader and UKIP will be licking their lips at all those Labour Leave voters now in play.
    There's been a shake out in support for Conservatives and Labour since then. Brexit supporters increasingly back the Conservatives, Remainers increasingly back Labour.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

kle4 said:

It is thanks to Mrs May we had a PM after Cameron and Osborne scarpered following their referendum defeat who is finally making some progress on a FTA and Brexit deal with the EU, that is unlikely to have occurred with Boris and Davis at the helm.
    Progress lol?

George didn't scarper, the PSGB fired him thinking she knew better than Dave and George about making net gains at a general election.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:

Some of them may have changed their minds, but I would think the not inconsiderable numbers of LD leavers get annoyed at being lumped in with some other leavers (technically I was a LD leaver at the time, though I was never a party member or guaranteed supporter)
    Most Labour voters who voted Leave did so because of immigration, if Labour reverse ferret on ending free movement those voters come into play, especially for UKIP even if not the Tories.

70% of LD voters voted Remain, more than the voters for any other party bar the Greens so their Leave voters are less significant.
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

kle4 said:

Well there;s always one.
    May personifies rectitude , which seems a good attribute in the current situation.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Bono owns a shopping centre in Lithuania. That's my main take away from today.

We know what fame and wealth gets you.
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

kle4 said:

Well there;s always one.
    May personifies rectitude , which seems a good attribute in the current situation.
    A fair point. She's lost her authority, and is stumbling around with a weak government, but on that at least she seems sound.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:

There's been a shake out in support for Conservatives and Labour since then. Brexit supporters increasingly back the Conservatives, Remainers increasingly back Labour.
    The general election did not really suggest that. In fact Labour made a net gain in Leave seats from the Tories precisely because Corbyn promised to end free movement.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

kle4 said:

Progress lol?

George didn't scarper, the PSGB fired him thinking she knew better than Dave and George about making net gains at a general election.
    She has made more progress in her talks with the EU than Dave and George ever did in theirs.
This discussion has been closed.