Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Tonight’s Brexit related news

Comments

• Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,946
    edited November 2017
    You can never have too much Angus.
    Not 'you' obviously.
  • Options
    nielhnielh Posts: 1,307
    kyf_100 said:

Scott_P said:

kyf_100 said:

days before the purdah period.

So the calendar is important

Steve Baker suggesting spending during the campaign
    Yes, thank you, I can read.

Just because one is within the letter of the law and the other isn't, doesn't mean that the £9m spent days before the campaign began, using the official branding of Her Majesty's Government, wasn't deeply unfair.

Remain did all they could to tie the leave campaign's hands behind their backs before the campaign even began.

The result? 52/48 :)
    What someone said earlier, pretty much. No side came out of this well.
    The Remain campaign was rubbish and I felt ashamed and humilliated to be part of it. It was about the worst political campaign of my lifetime, only surpassed by strong and stable the following year.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,955
    edited November 2017

RobD said:

Scott_P said:

AndyJS said:

BBC: Britain to lose seat on International Court of Justice for the first time since it was set up in 1946.

Another Brexit dividend...
    Was that really Brexit related? Sounds as though India's candidate had the backing of a big majority in the general assembly.
    It seems being an Overseas Aid Superpower isn't bringing the promised rewards.

We'll be losing the Presidencies of FIFA and the ICC next.
    How many millions did the UK give in aid while India were launching space satellites?
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956
    Scott_P said:

February 17 2016, 12:01am,
    The Times

A leading Eurosceptic campaign group is planning a “criminal” attempt to get around the £7 million referendum spending limits, leaked emails suggest.

A leading figure in Vote Leave, one of the two groups battling for official recognition to run the campaign for Britain to leave the European Union, told colleagues that his organisation has found a way “to spend as much money as is necessary to win”.

He said that Vote Leave, which he helps to oversee, hoped to get around the spending ceiling by using a series of front organisations.

Steve Baker, the co-chairman of Conservatives for Britain, wrote in an email that Vote Leave wanted to get around the limit by using front organisations.

“It is open to the Vote Leave family to create separate legal entities, each of which could spend £700,000: Vote Leave will be able to spend as much money as is necessary to win the referendum,” he said in an email sent on Saturday afternoon.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/brexit-groups-plot-to-break-campaign-spending-limit-k86qwrc7w

https://dominiccummings.com/on-the-eu-referendum/

See #22 - the Electoral Commission explicitly allowed us to do this.

There's a lot of interesting stuff in his blog about how we in Vote Leave won despite a massive money/power/resource disadvantage :)
  • Options

RobD said:

Scott_P said:
    I really hope not. Why should EU citizens have more rights than UK ones?
    Ardent Brexiteer alert.
    Um No. Just someone who believes in everyone being equal before the law. Obviously a concept that is alien to you - along with basic principles of democracy from what I have seen.
    Good of you to jump in.
    We've obviously reached the Tyndall shed, fractious insults from now on I guess.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,752

RobD said:

Scott_P said:

AndyJS said:

BBC: Britain to lose seat on International Court of Justice for the first time since it was set up in 1946.

Was that really Brexit related? Sounds as though India's candidate had the backing of a big majority in the general assembly.

Poor Scott still thinks we have a mission civilatrice for the rest of the world and that theyre just lining up to be patronised by plummy voices

• Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095

Scott_P said:
    If the EU hold out until Jan, it will be £80 billion...
    Or no pounds, no pence....
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,187
    I didn't realise that Theresa May said at the manifesto launch that she was launching "my manifesto."

Thoroughly arrogant.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

I didn't realise that Theresa May said at the manifesto launch that she was launching "my manifesto."

Thoroughly arrogant.

She was probably trying to give a Thatcher vibe.

Though as with many things Thatcher reality was rather different to the myth.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    If the EU hold out until Jan, it will be £80 billion...
    Or no pounds, no pence....
    Zero and WTO
  • Options

RobD said:

Scott_P said:
    Ardent Brexiteer alert.
    Um No. Just someone who believes in everyone being equal before the law. Obviously a concept that is alien to you - along with basic principles of democracy from what I have seen.
    Good of you to jump in.
    We've obviously reached the Tyndall shed, fractious insults from now on I guess.
    You make stupid comments and you get shot down for them. Not sure what you have to moan about.

In case you missed it I have posted throughout the day. If people make sensible comments, even if I don't agree with them then they get polite answers. If they behave like idiots they deserve all they get.

You can thank me later.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,935
    nielh said:

kyf_100 said:

Scott_P said:

kyf_100 said:

Just because one is within the letter of the law and the other isn't, doesn't mean that the £9m spent days before the campaign began, using the official branding of Her Majesty's Government, wasn't deeply unfair.

Remain did all they could to tie the leave campaign's hands behind their backs before the campaign even began.

The Remain campaign was rubbish and I felt ashamed and humilliated to be part of it. It was about the worst political campaign of my lifetime, only surpassed by strong and stable the following year.
    Strong and stable was awful but it did at least scrape most seats in the Commons, Remain actually lost
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,927
    nielh said:

kyf_100 said:

Scott_P said:

kyf_100 said:

Indeed. Neither side acquitted itself with grace. As I said on here the other day, I cast my vote for leave *despite* the leave campaign, not because of it.

http://davetrott.co.uk/2016/03/i-only-want-to-play-if-i-win/

This is a very good read on how participating in the democratic process used to be more important than winning. It's a shame that both sides seem to have lost sight of that in recent years.
  • Options

RobD said:

Scott_P said:

AndyJS said:

Poor Scott still thinks we have a mission civilatrice for the rest of the world and that theyre just lining up to be patronised by plummy voices

Bombardment by tweets instead of gunboats.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,609
    tlg86 said:

Thoroughly arrogant.

While that might well be the case, I kind of feel analysing every specific utterance people make for linguistic clues to their attitude is a game no one will come out well from if they are the subject.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Scott_P said:
    Ardent Brexiteer alert.
    As a famous man once said... I love democracy. :smiley:
    LOL.
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 926
    Caroline Lucas‏Verified account @CarolineLucas
    3m3 minutes ago

Can’t believe it. Labour - with some honourable exceptions - have just voted to effectively leave the EU customs union #Brexit
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

nielh said:

kyf_100 said:

Scott_P said:

kyf_100 said:

Strong and stable was awful but it did at least scrape most seats in the Commons, Remain actually lost
    Angela ran on strong and stable :-)
  • Options
    marke09 said:

3m3 minutes ago

Can’t believe it. Labour - with some honourable exceptions - have just voted to effectively leave the EU customs union #Brexit

Not sure why she would find that surprising.
  • Options

RobD said:

Scott_P said:
    Ardent Brexiteer alert.
    Good of you to jump in.
    You make stupid comments and you get shot down for them. Not sure what you have to moan about.

In case you missed it I have posted throughout the day. If people make sensible comments, even if I don't agree with them then they get polite answers. If they behave like idiots they deserve all they get.

You can thank me later.
    Aggressive & pompous sanctimony plus fractious insults, my cup runneth over!
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,999
    kyf_100 said:

This is a very good read on how participating in the democratic process used to be more important than winning. It's a shame that both sides seem to have lost sight of that in recent years.

We're participating in it now. The democratic process doesn't stop between elections.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

Thoroughly arrogant.

While that might well be the case, I kind of feel analysing every specific utterance people make for linguistic clues to their attitude is a game no one will come out well from if they are the subject.
    That wasn't a slip of the tongue. The plan was, make it all about T May v Jezza and it would be a walk in the park. Utterly stupid.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,894

Jonathan said:

Can anyone explain why for the last few weeks I've been seeing ' Big freeze imminent, snow on its way, Britain to be colder than Iceland, worst winter for decades ' headlines yet its above 10 deg C in the middle of the night ?

Sells papers
    Cold weather in winter shock!

Express usually does it about now.
    The article does have some great pictures of frost covered autumn sunrises though
  • Options
    just smacks of desperation that post

10,000 flights is simply rounding error at schipol or heathrow
  • Options
    Tens of thousands out of how many millions of movements?
  • Options
    marke09 said:

3m3 minutes ago

There are votes on the amendments tonight?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,232
    edited November 2017
    tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

Thoroughly arrogant.

That wasn't a slip of the tongue. The plan was, make it all about T May v Jezza and it would be a walk in the park. Utterly stupid.
    1) The polling at the time suggested it was a good idea

2) It was worked for the Tories in 2015, framing it as Dave v Ed

But I was in a very small minority at the time who was warning Mrs May was a bit crap and a pound shop Gordon Brown.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

I am not one of those who said Brexit would increase our International influence...

or voted for it
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

Thoroughly arrogant.

I didn't say it was a slip of the tongue, I said analysing peoples' language so minutely likely won't make anyone look good, and the point I was attempting to make was the few times it actually does indicate something rather than either a slip or someone over analysing are probably not worth the effort, not least because you only see it in retrospect anyway.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

Thoroughly arrogant.

The poster (there was only one!) that I saw in a farmers field was for Theresa May's Conservatives.

They really thought she was an asset.
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 926
    RobD said:

marke09 said:

3m3 minutes ago

There are votes on the amendments tonight?
    MPs now voting on amendment to exclude EU goods from new customs arrangements

Amendment defeated ayes 76 noes 311
  • Options
    Good for them, though I'm not sure why this is cause for despair on our part.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Tens of thousands out of how many millions of movements?
    from what I gather Joris Luyendijk is a table dancer at the Loose Zipper Night club in Amsterdam, I suppose he;s looking forward to some trade in future years
  • Options
    edited November 2017

tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

Thoroughly arrogant.

But I was in a very small minority at the time who was warning Mrs May was a bit crap and a pound shop Gordon Brown.
    Yes, but you leave it to everyone else to frame it as "who do you want to be PM on 9 June?"

Having May herself talking about "my manifesto" rather than "our manifesto" looks very poor.
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949

tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

Thoroughly arrogant.

Like with Clinton's campaign in November, the bitter truth is that a lot of evidence suggested it would work until it didn't. Easy to mock in hindsight, but when Corbyn had the worst leadership ratings ever (or near enough) and May excellent personal ratings can you really blame them?
  • Options
    edited November 2017

tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

Thoroughly arrogant.

The poster (there was only one!) that I saw in a farmers field was for Theresa May's Conservatives.

As TSE, never a fan, pointed out, it made some amount of sense at the time. Personally I found it a little surprising May seemed so popular, but there seemed evidence to back it up at the time, the decision to focus on her initially was not as stupid as hindsight makes it seem.
  • Options
    Good. Cancel the third runway along with HS2.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Scott_P said:

I am not one of those who said Brexit would increase our International influence...

or voted for it
    no youre just one of those who cant tell me what staying in the EU would mean

even when asked directly
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,927

kyf_100 said:

We're participating in it now. The democratic process doesn't stop between elections.
    If you read the article, it is a lament about how instead of understanding that other people have different perspectives that are equally valid, we instead choose to throw our toys out of the pram, get angry, and call the other side names like children in a playground, instead of respecting each other's right to hold differing opinions.

For some reason, I felt it was relevant.
  • Options
    kyf_100 said:

kyf_100 said:

If you read the article, it is a lament about how instead of understanding that other people have different perspectives that are equally valid, we instead choose to throw our toys out of the pram, get angry, and call the other side names like children in a playground, instead of respecting each other's right to hold differing opinions.

For some reason, I felt it was relevant.
    :)
  • Options

tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

Thoroughly arrogant.

probably all your non stop Osborne caterwauling crowded your warning out
  • Options
    RobD said:

Scott_P said:

AndyJS said:

I am confused as to why Britain should have a permanent member of the court anyway? The court has 15 members. Why is it that Britain should automatically be one of them continuously. As an example, Germany, Canada and Spain do not currently have seats. Nor do any of the Scandinavian countries. I don't see why there should be any assumption that certain countries should always have a seat.
  • Options

Tens of thousands of experts making dozens of flights each, and that is before the lobbyists.

Look on the bright side, less overcrowding in London or need for a third runway.
  • Options

RobD said:

Scott_P said:

AndyJS said:

I am confused as to why Britain should have a permanent member of the court anyway? The court has 15 members. Why is it that Britain should automatically be one of them continuously. As an example, Germany, Canada and Spain do not currently have seats. Nor do any of the Scandinavian countries. I don't see why there should be any assumption that certain countries should always have a seat.
    I don't think it was ever a permanent seat, which just goes to show the strength of the UK judiciary.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

Thoroughly arrogant.

As TSE, never a fan, pointed out, it made some amount of sense at the time. Personally I found it a little surprising May seemed so popular, but there seemed evidence to back it up at the time, the decision to focus on her initially was not as stupid as hindsight makes it seem.
    It did, the locals and Mayorals indicated a Labour shellacking.

And there was this kind of polling, showing Corbyn was electoral poison, with all voters, and in particular with older voters.

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2017/02/21/fifty-shades-of-grey-voters-corbyns-punishing-polling-with-older-voters/
  • Options

even when asked directly

I am not able to see the future. Can you?
  • Options

Tens of thousands of experts making dozens of flights each, and that is before the lobbyists.

Look on the bright side, less overcrowding in London or need for a third runway.
    So maybe 100,000 tops? Of about 100 million? As Alanbrooke said, a rounding error. ;)
  • Options

HYUFD said:

nielh said:

kyf_100 said:

Scott_P said:

kyf_100 said:

Angela ran on strong and stable :-)
    Again Merkel won most votes and seats, it was just the worst CDU voteshare since the 1940s
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Scott_P said:

even when asked directly

I am not able to see the future.
    Could have fooled me, given the certainty of every pronouncement.

The key is slip the word 'maybe' in and you can get away with anything, that's what I do :)
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

even when asked directly

I am not able to see the future. Can you?
    No, which makes it even more strange when you keep predicting what will happen post Brexit
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Scott_P said:

AndyJS said:

I don't think it was ever a permanent seat, which just goes to show the strength of the UK judiciary.
    Or the weakness of that of other countries.
  • Options
    Kinnock Jnr's face at the Exit Poll. Priceless.
  • Options
    RobD said:

So maybe 100,000 tops? Of about 100 million? As Alanbrooke said, a rounding error. ;)
    dont forget now that they dont have to cross that irritating bit of water, more of them can go by train :-)
  • Options

RobD said:

Scott_P said:
    Ardent Brexiteer alert.
    Good of you to jump in.

You can thank me later.
    I know it is not necessarily your fault that you are both rather dumb and consistently wrong in just about everything you write. But I do see it as a public service to point out your idiocy. Plus I get a great deal of satisfaction from it. It is akin to swatting flies.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

Thoroughly arrogant.

And there was this kind of polling, showing Corbyn was electoral poison, with all voters, and in particular with older voters.

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2017/02/21/fifty-shades-of-grey-voters-corbyns-punishing-polling-with-older-voters/
    The Tories actually increased their voteshare by 4% from the locals, it was just the LD voteshare collapsed by 11% from the locals with virtually all of that going to Labour. Labour also won the Liverpool and Manchester mayoral elections comfortably.
  • Options
    Lucy Powell showing why she is no long Shadow Education Secretary.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Sure, its another victory for Brexit.
  • Options

first thing I thought of

since successive govts cant actually build an airport extension less pressure on Heathrow
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Scott_P said:

AndyJS said:

No but certain commentators seem to think it should have been. And I really don't think our judiciary are any stronger than Canada's, or Germany's or Norway's.

• Options

RobD said:

Sure, its another victory for Brexit.
    It wasn't a battle since there's no way they would have stayed in a non-EU country.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,572
    tlg86 said:

And his wife telling what to say (and what not to say!).
  • Options
    @Jamin2g: John McDonnell just voted with the Tories. https://twitter.com/Peston/status/932723471427219456
  • Options

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

Thoroughly arrogant.

Corbyn offered the magic money tree to people who had been ignored before.

The Conservative manifesto aggravated as many people as possible.

Project Fear was discredited.

The LibDems and UKIP looked ridiculous.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

And his wife telling what to say (and what not to say!).
    Sounded like she was trying to come up with a spin for an upcoming leadership challenge. He knew that it was going to be happening, she didn't.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I like how this programme is saying Labour won seats 'previously thought hopeless' like Chris Ruane winning back Vale of Clwyd. In 2015 I was phoning for Jamie Davis in Vale of Clwyd and did not think the Tories had a hope of taking the seat then.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@Jamin2g: John McDonnell just voted with the Tories. https://twitter.com/Peston/status/932723471427219456

Much as I am pleased about it, I must admit I am also very surprised. I genuinely thought Corbyn had seen the way things were going in his party and would have voted for the amendment.

How did Starmer vote?
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,032
    tlg86 said:

Kinnock's wife however is very, very politically astute!
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Labour MPs vote in line with Labour Party policy. Outrageous.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

RobD said:

Scott_P said:

AndyJS said:

There's always been a belief that the roots of Common Law coupled with the high competence of British judges, and impartiality therein was a great thing to have on the ICJ and would/does set a great example to others.

Compare and contrast the most contentious political case ruled upon by the American and UK highest appellate courts in recent years.

The legally sound Article 50 judgment versus the legally and morally dishonest judgment of Bush v Gore.
  • Options

RobD said:

Scott_P said:
    Ardent Brexiteer alert.
    Good of you to jump in.

You can thank me later.
    I know it is not necessarily your fault that you are both rather dumb and consistently wrong in just about everything you write. But I do see it as a public service to point out your idiocy. Plus I get a great deal of satisfaction from it. It is akin to swatting flies.
    What a pompous & thin skinned chap you are.
    Unfortunately a PB type rather than a one off.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

yes but Brexit !

• Options

RobD said:

Scott_P said:

AndyJS said:

There's always been a belief that the roots of Common Law coupled with the high competence of British judges, and impartiality therein was a great thing to have on the ICJ and would/does set a great example to others.

Compare and contrast the most contentious political case ruled upon by the American and UK Appellate Courts in recent years.

The legally sound Article 50 judgment versus the legally and morally dishonest judgment of Bush v Gore.
    british lawyers indulging in autocoprophagy
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Paging Surbiton, seems Jezza is not as 'born again Europhile' as you were suggesting at the weekend!
  • Options
    ElliotElliot Posts: 1,516
    I'm by no means an ardent Brexiteer, but the ECJ having powers over UK residents with no reciprocity of a UK court having the same over Brits in the EU would be an outrage. I think the government would lose the faith of many people who are still sympathetic to them if they did that.
  • Options

RobD said:

Scott_P said:

AndyJS said:

Compare and contrast the most contentious political case ruled upon by the American and UK Appellate Courts in recent years.

I think it is rather unfair to draw a comparison between the UK and US courts as an example when I was talking about Germany, Canada and Norway. Do you genuinely think they are any less competent or independent than the UK judges? Canada also has roots in Common Law and I don't think they would be any less valuable as a member of the Court than the UK.

• Options
    Elliot said:

I'm by no means an ardent Brexiteer, but the ECJ having powers over UK residents with no reciprocity of a UK court having the same over Brits in the EU would be an outrage. I think the government would lose the faith of many people who are still sympathetic to them if they did that.

They are still ending free movement and leaving the single market and ending ECJ jurisdiction in most other areas. Though it may lose a few Tories to UKIP it may win back a few Remainers as well
  • Options

RobD said:

Scott_P said:

AndyJS said:

Compare and contrast the most contentious political case ruled upon by the American and UK highest appellate courts in recent years.

Oh well, the rest of world doesn't know what it's losing then. Just like Zimbabwe kicking out the evil colonialists.
  • Options
    Elliot said:

We do the same with The Judicial Committee of the Privy Council with twelve independent nations.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

yes but Brexit !

So does this mean Corbyn and McDonnell endorse leaving the single market and customs union. Big moment if so
  • Options

RobD said:

Scott_P said:

AndyJS said:

I think it is rather unfair to draw a comparison between the UK and US courts as an example when I was talking about Germany, Canada and Norway. Do you genuinely think they are any less competent or independent than the UK judges? Canada also has roots in Common Law and I don't think they would be any less valuable as a member of the Court than the UK.

Presumably there's plenty of worthy judges from many places who would be so valuable, and as long as our judiciary is top notch, surely one day we'll have a judge on there again.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Scott_P said:

yes but Brexit !

So does this mean Corbyn and McDonnell endorse leaving the single market and customs union. Big moment if so
    They have always said they ultimately would after a transition period, just deluded diehard Remainers refused to believe them.

If you want to stay permanently in the single market and customs union your only option is the LDs, Greens or SNP.
  • Options
    Sarah Champion is very good.
  • Options

RobD said:

Scott_P said:
    Ardent Brexiteer alert.
    Good of you to jump in.

You can thank me later.
    LOL. So now you have moved from railing against one individual to attacking a whole set of PB posters. And all because you are simply too ignorant and ill educated to make worthwhile comments on here. I can understand your overwhelming sense of inferiority but the answer to that is to stop making dumb posts rather than sulking when someone points out your deficiencies.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:

Paging Surbiton, seems Jezza is not as 'born again Europhile' as you were suggesting at the weekend!
    Jezza now a not-so-closeted Leaver.

Surprising that its a surprise to some. I still reckon he spoilt his Referendum vote by putting a cross against both.
  • Options

Elliot said:

We do the same with The Judicial Committee of the Privy Council with twelve independent nations.
    I'm guessing we should have a bit more independence in the world than some tiny Caribbean islands.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,946
    edited November 2017
  • Options
    Stephen Kinnock’s reaction was mine on GE night.
  • Options
    DruttDrutt Posts: 1,093

RobD said:

RobD said:

Scott_P said:

AndyJS said:

Or the weakness of that of other countries.
    In short, the UK's Greenwood was 9-5 up against India's Bhandari in the UN Security Council votes and about 120-70 down in the General Assembly. You need to win both and the UK was on the verge of trying to use the joint conference dispute mechanism, which would have swung it against Bhandari. But that mechanism is controversial, and might not even be lawful, and the UK pulled Greenwood's candidacy when it became clear that goose was cooked and stalemates would sour relations.

France, Sweden and Italy were, according to leaks, behind Greenwood. Fat use this EU membership is.
  • Options

RobD said:

Scott_P said:
    Ardent Brexiteer alert.
    Good of you to jump in.

You can thank me later.
    LOL. So now you have moved from railing against one individual to attacking a whole set of PB posters. And all because you are simply too ignorant and ill educated to make worthwhile comments on here. I can understand your overwhelming sense of inferiority but the answer to that is to stop making dumb posts rather than sulking when someone points out your deficiencies.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:

Jezza now a not-so-closeted Leaver.

Surprising that its a surprise to some. I still reckon he spoilt his Referendum vote by putting a cross against both.
    I agree, I highly doubt Corbyn actually voted Remain even if he did not vote Leave either so he can technically say he did not vote for Brexit himself.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:

yes but Brexit !

They have always said they ultimately would after a transition period, just deluded diehard Remainers refused to believe them.

If you want to stay permanently in the single market and customs union your only option is the LDs, Greens or SNP.
    Yes - but to vote for it really means labour support leaving the single market and customs union so where is their jobs first mantra
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Agreed.
  • Options

Elliot said:

I don't think the UK attached any conditionality on that. The other countries are free to cut their ties with that court at any time.
  • Options

RobD said:

Scott_P said:

AndyJS said:

I do agree that the Article 50 judgement was a god example of justice at work but there are certainly areas where UK law does seem to be seriously deficient at times. The libel laws that for so long made Britain libel capital of the world and the way in which the Family Courts are run are both areas which I do not think reflect well on our judicial system.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Elliot said:

They are still ending free movement and leaving the single market and ending ECJ jurisdiction in most other areas. Though it may lose a few Tories to UKIP it may win back a few Remainers as well
    Any deal should be reciprocal. Anything that isn't makes the UK clearly subservient to the EU. And what is to stop the EU giving out citizenship to British nationals so they can enforce their jurisdiction more widely?

I'm on record as saying the UK should be willing to pay more cash so I'm not a hardliner here, but this is a bridge too far.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

Agreed.
    +1
  • Options
    And yet, Labour will be still be seen among many as the ‘anti-Brexit’ party, while keeping a hold of Labour Leavers because of things like this. Hilarious.
  • Options
    Elliot said:

HYUFD said:

Elliot said:

Any deal should be reciprocal. Anything that isn't makes the UK clearly subservient to the EU. And what is to stop the EU giving out citizenship to British nationals so they can enforce their jurisdiction more widely?

I'm on record as saying the UK should be willing to pay more cash so I'm not a hardliner here, but this is a bridge too far.
    More money over ECJ jurisdiction any day.
This discussion has been closed.