Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Some Royal wedding betting markets

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,962

RobD said:

Nearly 4 Million Bitcoins Lost Forever, New Study Says

http://fortune.com/2017/11/25/lost-bitcoins/

4 million at nearly $8.5k a pop, thats, starts counting on fingers...errhhhh.....a lot.

I was just lamenting the fact I didn’t mine more of the things when I first heard of it in 2011. :(
    Tulip growers must have said the same
    Heh, yeah. Tempted to cash out what I have now, but then again...
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

No Bank holiday

Well bugger that then. Bring back republicanism!any Cromwell’s in politics at the moment?
    If I were in Parliament I'd be the modern day Cromwell.

Take back control from the unelected Monarch.

We spend x million a week on the Royals, let's give that money to the NHS instead.
    In the spirit of national unity, we should invite the Obamas but make them stand at the back of the queue
  • Options
    First personal union between a monarchy and a republic? :D
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,599

Mr. L, never seen why a man would call his son after himself. .

It provides an outlet for unwanted monogrammed hankies.
  • Options
    Do you know the only man to be the King of the United Kingdom AND President of the United States?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,721

Mr. L, never seen why a man would call his son after himself. Occasional Americans calling themselves So-and-So III always just looks ridiculous.

The only sensible route in that situation is to excel at something to make your name to distinguish your self like publius Cornelius scipio africanus. Though I suppose the emperors ruined that by taking too much piss in copying the names of others.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

No Bank holiday

Well bugger that then. Bring back republicanism!any Cromwell’s in politics at the moment?

We spend x million a week on the Royals, let's give that money to the NHS instead.
    If you were the modern day Cromwell you’d for one not be the first one to lead the push toward republicanism, and you’d need to be a religious fanatic, so if you get the chance p,at it cool, that’s how you,ll end up on top - no, I meant literally, we’ve only known one dynasty of republican leaders, I feel at the least we’d need someone with that same last name. It’s how several presidential republics work today.
    I'm not really a religious fundamentalist except maybe on AV and people who like pineapple on pizzas.
  • Options

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

No Bank holiday

If you were the modern day Cromwell you’d for one not be the first one to lead the push toward republicanism, and you’d need to be a religious fanatic, so if you get the chance p,at it cool, that’s how you,ll end up on top - no, I meant literally, we’ve only known one dynasty of republican leaders, I feel at the least we’d need someone with that same last name. It’s how several presidential republics work today.
    I'm not really a religious fundamentalist except maybe on AV and people who like pineapple on pizzas.
    Modern times, I think that will meet the requirement now.
  • Options
    Sadly my browser will not let me see it - is twitter barred by the great firewall?
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,976
    edited November 2017
    Mr. kle4, or get a title added as per Quintus Fabius Maximus the Cunctator (it was his ancestor, the Quintus Fabius who was not chums with Lucius Papirius Cursor, who earnt the Maximus name).

Mr. Rentool, in that case an initial would suffice.

Edited extra bit: Mr. kle4, the text of the tweet is:
    "Prince Harry's kids will be Americans. What if one grows up to be president and is in line for the throne at the same time? Brits are playing long-ball here, but it's a smart move. They want America back and this is how they'll do it."
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Sadly my browser will not let me see it - is twitter barred by the great firewall?
    Here's what the tweet says

Prince Harry's kids will be Americans. What if one grows up to be president and is in line for the throne at the same time? Brits are playing long-ball here, but it's a smart move. They want America back and this is how they'll do it.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited November 2017
    kle4 said:

Yes...along with YouTube, Facebook, WhatApps, Skype ...

While, quite amusingly that despite gambling being banned, they are happy for you to view a website with betting in the name.
  • Options

kle4 said:

Prince Harry's kids will be Americans. What if one grows up to be president and is in line for the throne at the same time? Brits are playing long-ball here, but it's a smart move. They want America back and this is how they'll do it.
    Xie xie.

A pleasant night to all. More royal engagement news to prevent Brexit.
  • Options
    volcanopetevolcanopete Posts: 2,078
    Milk prices have just been hiked by 10%.The 99p or £1 4 pinter is now £1.09 or £1.10.Earnings growth however remains stagnant
  • Options
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Xie xie.

Perhaps Harry and Meghan could schedule their wedding for the day after Brexit.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124

A good day to bury bad news? Benefits freeze announced 20 minutes after the royal engagement.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/millions-benefits-frozen-tories-confirm-11596715

What's the bad news?
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,599

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Xie xie.

Perhaps Harry and Meghan could schedule their wedding for the day after Brexit.
    More likely the day May announced it will be a No-Deal Hard Brexit.
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, I previously missed your King/President question. As you know, that's modern history so recent as to be current events, so I'm afraid I would have to guess at an answer. George III would appear to be the most obvious option, though I suppose it could be as early as James I.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,952

Mr. Dean, once the current Dalai Lama dies things will become complicated. China passed a law roughly to the effect that reincarnation requires state approval. That sounds silly, except that the Dalai Lama is determined by reincarnation, so we may well end up with two, one approved by the Chinese state, and one not.

Indeed. There are currently 2 Panchen Lamas. One chosen by the Dalai Lama, one in China. One mysteriously disappeared.... Can you guess which one?
  • Options

Mr. Eagles, I previously missed your King/President question. As you know, that's modern history so recent as to be current events, so I'm afraid I would have to guess at an answer. George III would appear to be the most obvious option, though I suppose it could be as early as James I.

Nope, the only man to be both King of the United Kingdom and President of the United States is John Goodman.

He played King Ralph in King Ralph and President Glen Allen Walken in The West Wing.
  • Options

Nope, the only man to be both King of the United Kingdom and President of the United States is John Goodman.

He played King Ralph in King Ralph and President Glen Allen Walken in The West Wing.
    He prefers the title "King President" ;)
  • Options
    RobD said:

He prefers the title "King President" ;)
    I'd like the title of "His Excellency, King-President-Emperor for Life, Field Marshal VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of France"
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

kle4 said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Days like today bring out my inner republican. Time to find a nuclear shelter to sit out the next few days' fawning.

I like Prince Harry, and today's brought out my inner monarchist.
    :o... an updated avatar in the offing?
    Yup, just changed my profile pic to celebrate this momentous day.
    Oh you cheeky bugger.
    I'm in mourning too, this means Meghan Markle and Patrick J. Adams are leaving Suits.
    Good show, for the most part. If they are gone the show will have to as well, the whole premise is based around Mike’s journey and his relationships, even if others have their own stories too.
    There's a spin off featuring Jessica in the works.
    What's she manufacturing?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Yes. Find a VPN or enjoy not viewing the foetid contents of other peoples' brains.
  • Options
    Mr. Dean, yeah I remember reading about that. This may be why the Dalai Lama has said he thinks he might/should be the last one.

Mr. Eagles, I should've known better than to expect some sort of historical insight. *sighs*

Mr. D, in the past we have had a King Emperor, which is a pretty damned good title.
  • Options
    I have no idea why Donald Trump and Piers Morgan are such good friends...

PIERS MORGAN: Hearty congratulations, Harry, you picked a real keeper (even if your romance did destroy my beautiful friendship with the amazing Meghan Markle)
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    edited November 2017
    Corbyn fails to capitalise on Budget shambles.

https://twitter.com/AndrewSparrow/status/935187366960160769
  • Options

Mr. Dean, yeah I remember reading about that. This may be why the Dalai Lama has said he thinks he might/should be the last one.

Mr. Eagles, I should've known better than to expect some sort of historical insight. *sighs*

Mr. D, in the past we have had a King Emperor, which is a pretty damned good title.

Emperor is a good title? After all that bleating from Leavers about wanting to take back control of our borders and immigration?
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=icm&src=typd

Interesting first tweet there. Here's the one you are referencing (I think)

• Options

PIERS MORGAN: Hearty congratulations, Harry, you picked a real keeper (even if your romance did destroy my beautiful friendship with the amazing Meghan Markle)

Well Piers Morgan was one of the original purveyors of FAKE NEWS.
  • Options

Well Piers Morgan was one of the original purveyors of FAKE NEWS.
    It is quite incredible how that didn't finish his career.
  • Options
    RobD said:

dr_spyn said:

Something went wrong. Fat finger syndrome.
  • Options

Weren't the Hanoverian kings King-Electors, as they were also electors of the HRE? Or have I been playing too much EU4....
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    dr_spyn said:

Is that how ones ends up with dodgy stuff on parliamentary computers?
  • Options

Can't keep track of the royals. Do many people really care who this fellow Harry marries, apart from just nebulously thinking "That's nice"?

First dual ethnicity Royal is quite a novelty.
    Not the first - the Plantagenets were descended from the Emir of Al-Andalus (via the royal family of Castile and Leon)
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Mr. D, not sure, but the Holy Roman Empire was a very inaccurate title.

Mr. Charles, is that via John of Gaunt's children?

Edited extra bit: although now I come to think of it, didn't a Spanish royal family have a match a century earlier with... maybe Edward I? My memory fails me on the specifics.
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

Is that how ones ends up with dodgy stuff on parliamentary computers?
    for research purposes.
  • Options
    JonnyJimmyJonnyJimmy Posts: 2,548

Wrong.

Nigel Hawthorne in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amistad_(film) and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Madness_of_King_George
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,983
    RobD said:

dr_spyn said:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=icm&src=typd

That would leave the Tories comfortably as largest party on 302 seats to 276 for Labour.

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,378
    edited November 2017

Wrong.

Nigel Hawthorne in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amistad_(film) and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Madness_of_King_George
    Fake News. I shall perform an act of contrition for my error.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,189
    When Clarence House say spring 2018, do they mean astronomical spring or meteorological sping?
  • Options
    A May wedding would probably be reasonably sunny an April wedding more likely to bring the showers
  • Options
    My IQ test + av/Radiohead/pizza pre-selection to replace the deposit system for people wanting to stand for election is looking a better and better option every day.
  • Options
    JonnyJimmyJonnyJimmy Posts: 2,548

Wrong.

Fake News. I shall perform an act of contrition for my error.
    Kenneth Branagh has also played FDR and Henry V (King of England, not UK, I know..)
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

Difference between nuclear powered and nuclear armed though.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    I guess he means subs without nuclear weapons, but not good if he doesn't realise that.
  • Options
    But something deeper has been consuming Mr. Trump. He sees the calls for Mr. Moore to step aside as a version of the response to the now-famous “Access Hollywood” tape, in which he boasted about grabbing women’s genitalia, and the flood of groping accusations against him that followed soon after. He suggested to a senator earlier this year that it was not authentic, and repeated that claim to an adviser more recently.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/25/us/politics/trump-roy-moore-mcconnell-alabama-senate.html
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

But something deeper has been consuming Mr. Trump. He sees the calls for Mr. Moore to step aside as a version of the response to the now-famous “Access Hollywood” tape, in which he boasted about grabbing women’s genitalia, and the flood of groping accusations against him that followed soon after. He suggested to a senator earlier this year that it was not authentic, and repeated that claim to an adviser more recently.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/25/us/politics/trump-roy-moore-mcconnell-alabama-senate.html

He already admitted it was true on the record

He will apparently not campaign for Moore
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    RobD said:

Second

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_III_of_England
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    RobD said:

Weren't the Hanoverian kings King-Electors, as they were also electors of the HRE? Or have I been playing too much EU4....
    No, Hanover wasn't upgraded to a Kingdom until the Congress of Vienna of 1815, which was nine years after the final abolition of the HRE. In general, rulers of the HRE's constituent states weren't allowed the title of "King", as the only Kingdoms within the HRE were Germany itself, Italy (when the HRE extended into northern modern Italy), Bohemia and I think formerly Burgundy (but ICBW) and those were usually held by the Emperor anyway. When the Hohenzollerns decided to take a royal title based on Prussia-proper being outside the HRE they initially had to settle for just "King *in* Prussia" rather than "King *of* Prussia".
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Scott_P said:

He already admitted it was true on the record

He will apparently not campaign for Moore
    We know he admitted it, we all saw him say it, but that hasn’t stop trump arguing he never said something in the past. He is a walking talking contradiction machine.

But then maybe the (failing fake news) NYT is just making it up?
  • Options
    I see the Guardian - which normally ignores royal news on a matter of principle - is all over the Harry and Meghan story because she's mixed race.
  • Options
    Mr. 86, I suspect like Jessica Ennis-Hill, nobody normal will be fussed by that aspect of it.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

I see the Guardian - which normally ignores royal news on a matter of principle - is all over the Harry and Meghan story because she's mixed race.

But if she ever decides to become an explorer...
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,829
    I think the wedding will be held at Sugar Hut, Basildon. The guests will include Abi Titmuss, Katie Hopkins, Jodie Marsh, the Kardashians, and Donald Trump.
  • Options
    Light touchpaper and retire (or, in the case of an incompetent minister, be sacked):

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/935197169191129088
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,829
    kle4 said:

RobD said:

Mr. Royale, I'm not so sure about Trump getting an invite. If the future Princess Meghan doesn't like him, that's a big problem for him. And if Obama didn't get an invite, that's a recent precedent.

Plus the order, I think, of importance in guests is:
    British royalty
    foreign royalty
    British politicians
    foreign politicians

So Trump's a disliked member of the least prestigious category.

Put commonwealth politicians between the British and foreign ones, and he’s even lower down.
    Turnbull.....if he's still PM.......
    Robert Mugabe - he’s officially an elder statesman now.
    He'll be taking part in I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here.
  • Options

Light touchpaper and retire (or, in the case of an incompetent minister, be sacked):

Why do Brexiteers have so much contempt for Parliament?

Whither our sovereign Parliament?
  • Options

Mr. 86, I suspect like Jessica Ennis-Hill, nobody normal will be fussed by that aspect of it.

Indeed - "When Meghan weds Harry, Britain’s relationship with race will change forever", Afua Hirsch. No, it really won't.
  • Options
    This gives me such confidence in those charged with delivering Brexit

@bbclaurak: 2. Davis letter says tho they had no assurances from Cttee over what they would do with the info so haven’t included anything commercially sensitive or that would damage negotiations

We can't trust the committee not to leak it, so we took everything out

@faisalislam: Understand the Government has indicated to the Committee that there may still be negotiation-sensitive material in these 800-plus pages, and asked it to consult before any decision to publish more widely

Or not...
  • Options
    Iff David Davis is found in contempt of Parliament, resigning matter?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Mr. 86, ha. It's clickbait virtue-signalling bullshit. Quelle surprise.

Edited extra bit: hmm, 'clickbait' might not be quite right. But the rest is.
  • Options
    And this guy is an “even more global” embarrassment

@ParlyApp: .@BorisJohnson congratulates #harryandmegan and says their wedding will make the Royal Family “even more global”
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,710

I doubt the 58 impact papers exist. So unless civil servants burn the midnight oil writing them, MPs will just get abstracts. Dodgy dossier déjà vu.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    tlg86 said:

Indeed - "When Meghan weds Harry, Britain’s relationship with race will change forever", Afua Hirsch. No, it really won't.
    I hadn't realised from the way she looks that she was mixed race, despite my often-pointed-out-here xenophobia. The answer is, as you say, a resounding no, just as Obama proved nothing beyond the fact that a nice but ineffectual mixed-race guy is a nice but ineffectual mixed-race guy.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,710
    FF43 said:

I doubt the 58 impact papers exist. So unless civil servants burn the midnight oil writing them, MPs will just get abstracts. Dodgy dossier déjà vu.
    Which is the reason why the government was so reluctant to release them. Not because they would reveal our negotiating hand, or even because the contents were embarrassing. There weren't any contents.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,054
    FF43 said:

FF43 said:

Which is the reason why the government was so reluctant to release them. Not because they would reveal our negotiating hand, or even because the contents were embarrassing. There weren't any contents.
    But having told MPs that they exist and are very detailed, doesn't this reveal something else: David Davis has committed the cardinal sin of misleading the house.
  • Options

RobD said:

Second

You can't be a dual US-UK citizen can you?

The President must be a US citizen... can the King or Queen not be a British Citizen?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,378
    edited November 2017

RobD said:

Second

The President must be a US citizen... can the King or Queen not be a British Citizen?
    IIRC you can only stop being Monarch if you abdicate*, your citizenship is irrelevant.

Something to do with the 'heirs from your body' is irreversible and unchanging.

*Or die obvs.
  • Options
    Are we talking nuclear-powered/oil-powered or Trident/not Trident?
  • Options

RobD said:

Second

They passed an Act of Parliament to give the Electress of Hanover citizenship when it was thought she would become Queen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_Naturalization_Act_1705
  • Options

FF43 said:

FF43 said:

But having told MPs that they exist and are very detailed, doesn't this reveal something else: David Davis has committed the cardinal sin of misleading the house.
    No, since he told them they aren't receiving the full documents.
  • Options

Looking at the exchange on twitter it appears he was responding to questions about nuclear powered subs, not their weapons.

Hansard will clear it up in the morning
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,942
    Scott_P said:

This gives me such confidence in those charged with delivering Brexit

@bbclaurak: 2. Davis letter says tho they had no assurances from Cttee over what they would do with the info so haven’t included anything commercially sensitive or that would damage negotiations

We can't trust the committee not to leak it, so we took everything out

@faisalislam: Understand the Government has indicated to the Committee that there may still be negotiation-sensitive material in these 800-plus pages, and asked it to consult before any decision to publish more widely

Or not...

Could have all been done on Privy council terms if Starmer didn't want to make a party point out of it...
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

Looking at the exchange on twitter it appears he was responding to questions about nuclear powered subs, not their weapons.

Hansard will clear it up in the morning
    More importantly he seems to have got a pasting from the excellent Nia Griffith over not putting in a request for money prior to the budget

http://www.forces.net/news/new-defence-secretary-hot-water-after-failing-make-budget-requests
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    tlg86 said:

After Andrew married a ginger all taboos were broken.
  • Options
    OchEyeOchEye Posts: 1,469

Iff David Davis is found in contempt of Parliament, resigning matter?

If MP's were found to be in contempt by the Electorate, there wouldn't be that many left....
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I'm not a republican, but 15 minutes at the top of the Six O'Clock News seems a bit much.
  • Options
    OchEyeOchEye Posts: 1,469
    HYUFD said:

A May wedding would probably be reasonably sunny an April wedding more likely to bring the showers

Probably depends on when May goes for another walk in Wales and decides on another GE!
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

I'm not a republican, but 15 minutes at the top of the Six O'Clock News seems a bit much.

Better than boring Brexit bleating - that is old..
  • Options
    Finally a serious Irish politician.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/27/take-theresa-may-word-post-brexit-irish-border-issue-former/

"Ireland should take Theresa May “at her word” when she says the UK Government does not want a post-Brexit hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic, a former Taoiseach has said."

"Mr Ahern said he believed technology could be used to keep track of the majority of goods and therefore the creation of a hard border could be avoided."

• Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,202

Cyclefree said:

Days like today bring out my inner republican. Time to find a nuclear shelter to sit out the next few days' fawning.

Chill, Alastair. There is an "off" button on the radio/TV.

The nuclear bunker will be needed - along with all the dried and non-perishable food to be stored in there - in March 2019.

:)
    I hope March 2019 is a mistype. 18 months of inane grovelling would induce full blown infatuation with easeful death.
    I was thinking of Brexit Armageddon.......
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Davis is quite right too, what is to stop diehard Remainer MPs leaking commercially sensitive details to the EU or the press?
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,951

I believe that 'conventional' usually refers to the power plant, rather than weapons. So he is wrong since we sold the Upholders to the Canadians in the mid-1990s (though that deal hasn't worked out too well for them).

When it comes to weapons, 'conventional' and 'nuclear' becomes more complex; since both the Russians and the US had nuclear torpedoes that could be fired from conventional submarines, and any 'conventional' submarine that can fire cruise missiles could, in theory, fire nuclear-tipped missiles.

All AIUI.
  • Options
  • Options
    He's correct though - and Bertie Ahern agrees.

Nobody is falling for the EU and their puppet the ROI Tea- sock's bluster.
  • Options
    "He isn't marrying someone from an aristocratic family."

Well no, but neither have the three grandchildren of QE2 who have already married.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341

RobD said:

Second

Yes it’s absolutelt allowed, my wife and children are all dual UK-US citizens. ( I “only” have UK citizenship, though I could also get a Irish if the Brexit talks really go up the spout)
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    HYUFD said:

Davis is quite right too, what is to stop diehard Remainer MPs leaking commercially sensitive details to the EU or the press?
    Well Leave wanted to hand back control to our Sovereign Parliament (TM) so they presumably trust the MPs absolutely...
  • Options

Mr. D, not sure, but the Holy Roman Empire was a very inaccurate title.

Mr. Charles, is that via John of Gaunt's children?

Edited extra bit: although now I come to think of it, didn't a Spanish royal family have a match a century earlier with... maybe Edward I? My memory fails me on the specifics.

It was the same Spanish family (Castile and Leon) a few times...

Edward I, then JoG's 2nd wife and his sister in law.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754
    tlg86 said:

the BBC have been getting bombarded by viewers saying theyre sick to the back teeth of non stop Brexit reporting

( saturday review BBC )

maybe theyre getting worried about audience figures
  • Options
    edited November 2017
  • Options

I was always amused that Queen Victoria insisted on being made Empress of India so that her daughter (Empress of Germany) wouldn't outrank her...
  • Options
    BudGBudG Posts: 711
    HYUFD said:

But in the debate in the HoC, that argument was put forward as a reason not to release the reports and despite that, our elected politicians still voted in favour of release. What gives the right to David Davis to over-rule Parliament who made the decision to take that risk?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    dr_spyn said:
    "Two council officials have been suspended after almost 1,500 people could not vote in June's general election in a constituency that saw the successful MP win by just 30 votes."

I can't think of an example of senior Council Officials in charge of an election being suspended.
This discussion has been closed.