Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Alabama result are starting to trickle in…

13»

Comments

• Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    When he was just a 7 times loser, I despaired at how often the BBC invited Nigel Fucking Farage onto our screens, but just for today I would be happy to see him interviewed about the Alabama result, and his invaluable contribution to it...
  • AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    tlg86 said:

Asthmatics seem good at cycling. Perhaps I should have got into it when I was younger.

Yep. And so many elite athletes have attention deficit disorder and a thyroid problem also. By a massive coincidence, all these and asthma require a treatment of strong performance-enhancing drugs .....
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,234
    Roy Moore's brother on the election result...
    "It might not happen on this earth right now, but Doug Jones will pay for what he’s saying. And them Democrat people that’s out there and those Republicans in Washington. They’re going to have to answer to God.”
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,789

It's heading the same way in England with the political parties.
    For an Alabama Republican, that's a very poor result among White voters. You'd expect 80%+.
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,789
    kle4 said:

Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

Splendid rezult - and hopefully for their sakes the Republicans will learn the lesson all parties get reminded of from time to time, of not enough, that sometimes a candidate can in fact be too crap even in your safe areas.

That's the fifth Senate race since 2010 that the Republicans have thrown away by selecting a muppet.
    Fools. This was presumably the worst instance, if they don't learn here they never will.
    Christine O'Donnell was funny but daft; Sharon Angle was unpopular; Todd Akin and Michael Mourdock were horrible; Roy Moore was batshit crazy as well as horrible.

On balance, I think it's less bad for the Republicans that Moore lost than that he won.

• Mr. F, did you ever see any of the Young Turks US presidential election coverage?

You comment about being batshit crazy reminded me of the host (a left wing sort) saying he was declaring war on the Democrats. It made a CGI rapping Ming Campbell look like a prime example of subtlety and reason.
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,833
    Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

Splendid rezult - and hopefully for their sakes the Republicans will learn the lesson all parties get reminded of from time to time, of not enough, that sometimes a candidate can in fact be too crap even in your safe areas.

That's the fifth Senate race since 2010 that the Republicans have thrown away by selecting a muppet.
    Fools. This was presumably the worst instance, if they don't learn here they never will.
    Christine O'Donnell was funny but daft; Sharon Angle was unpopular; Todd Akin and Michael Mourdock were horrible; Roy Moore was batshit crazy as well as horrible.

On balance, I think it's less bad for the Republicans that Moore lost than that he won.

Yes, the saga of Roy Moore now comes to an end and he will probably disappear. If he’d won, he’d be news for years to come. Hopefully the Republicans have learned their lesson about vetting candidates before the selection.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,234
    Sandpit said:

Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

Yes, the saga of Roy Moore now comes to an end and he will probably disappear. If he’d won, he’d be news for years to come. Hopefully the Republicans have learned their lesson about vetting candidates before the selection.
    The party of Trump and Bannon ?
    Don't be ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.