Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If you are betting on the Trump exit markets be careful to che

124»

Comments

• Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,860
    After the success of Toby Youngs appointment.

I understand Roy Chubby Brown is to be appointed tomorrow as Equality Tsar
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,710
    Y0kel said:

FF43 said:

Michael Wolff reports Donald Trump repeatedly telling the same stories word for word in the same conversations. That's a clear sign of dementia is it not? I had a relative who did as the disease took hold.

The 'not entirely with it' line has been hawked for quite a while as a way to get him out but he seems to pass in public.
    I mean Donald Trump is on the face of it demonstrating clinical symptoms of Alzheimer's disease? I suppose my relative could have passed muster in public in the early stages. He was witty and intellectual man. It's a cruel disease.
  • Options
  • Options
    Foxy said:
    It's the infinite percentage increase in the UKIP vote share which has stymied them.
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    FF43 said:

Y0kel said:

FF43 said:

Michael Wolff reports Donald Trump repeatedly telling the same stories word for word in the same conversations. That's a clear sign of dementia is it not? I had a relative who did as the disease took hold.

The 'not entirely with it' line has been hawked for quite a while as a way to get him out but he seems to pass in public.
    I mean Donald Trump is on the face of it demonstrating clinical symptoms of Alzheimer's disease? I suppose my relative could have passed muster in public in the early stages. He was witty and intellectual man. It's a cruel disease.
    Donald Trump is not well on a number of fronts. If you want to be cold about it,its the 25th Amendment they would use as the tool.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,611

Foxy said:
    It's the infinite percentage increase in the UKIP vote share which has stymied them.
    Infinite increase in LDs has them caught in a clasic Yellow Purple squeeze.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Y0kel said:

FF43 said:

Y0kel said:

FF43 said:

Donald Trump is not well on a number of fronts. If you want to be cold about it,its the 25th Amendment they would use as the tool.
    He's definitely not well? I'm surprised, he looks fine whenever he appears in public.
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    edited January 2018
    AndyJS said:

Y0kel said:

FF43 said:

Y0kel said:

FF43 said:

He's definitely not well? I'm surprised, he looks fine whenever he appears in public.
    There have been genuine questions regarding degenerative issues with Trump for a while, as well as his psychological state. Despite the fact that his administration leaks like a sieve, there is no statement from anyone in a position to confirm it.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    Y0kel said:

Trumpton

Anyone following this should bear in mind that for Trump its all about the money (or the appearance of it) and pretense of money bringing success, power and attraction.

If you take that edifice away, thats him done. This is why he is so fearful of the investigations and why Comey got dumped, because those have a lot to do with money. I've said it before, Trump is all in because he won't merely be run out of the presidency if and when the balloon goes up, his empire will go with him, he will be a derided nobody.

Politcis is brutal to losers....look at Blair, Brown, Cameron et al...Thatcher, just sad at the end of the day......

But if you have a lot to lose before you come into politics, you are a quadruple loser...that is why very few (if any) big names have the stomach, or inclination to venture into such a mean sport where everything, everything gets taken....

But step forward DJT...what a fucking idiot.....
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,995
    tyson said:

Y0kel said:

Trumpton

Anyone following this should bear in mind that for Trump its all about the money (or the appearance of it) and pretense of money bringing success, power and attraction.

If you take that edifice away, thats him done. This is why he is so fearful of the investigations and why Comey got dumped, because those have a lot to do with money. I've said it before, Trump is all in because he won't merely be run out of the presidency if and when the balloon goes up, his empire will go with him, he will be a derided nobody.

Politcis is brutal to losers....look at Blair, Brown, Cameron et al...Thatcher, just sad at the end of the day......

But if you have a lot to lose before you come into politics, you are a quadruple loser...that is why very few (if any) big names have the stomach, or inclination to venture into such a mean sport where everything, everything gets taken....

Blair has a net worth of £60 million now, he would not have got that if he had stayed a second-rate barrister
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,586
    Fine jeremiad from the splendid James Fallows...

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/it-was-an-open-secret/549653/
    Based on the excerpts now available, Fire and Fury presents a man in the White House who is profoundly ignorant of politics, policy, and anything resembling the substance of perhaps the world’s most demanding job. He is temperamentally unstable. Most of what he says in public is at odds with provable fact, from “biggest inaugural crowd in history” onward. Whether he is aware of it or not, much of what he asserts is a lie. His functional vocabulary is markedly smaller than it was 20 years ago; the oldest person ever to begin service in the White House, he is increasingly prone to repeat anecdotes and phrases. He is aswirl in foreign and financial complications. He has ignored countless norms of modern governance, from the expectation of financial disclosure to the importance of remaining separate from law-enforcement activities. He relies on immediate family members to an unusual degree; he has an exceptionally thin roster of experienced advisers and assistants; his White House staff operations have more in common with an episode of The Apprentice than with any real-world counterpart. He has a shallower reserve of historical or functional information than previous presidents, and a more restricted supply of ongoing information than many citizens. He views all events through the prism of whether they make him look strong and famous, and thus he is laughably susceptible to flattering treatment from the likes of Putin and Xi Jinping abroad or courtiers at home...
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Eng 346/9.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,896
    AndyJS said:

Eng 346/9.

And all out with no further score. 346 seems a little low, let’s see how we get on with the ball after lunch.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,896
    Sandpit said:

AndyJS said:

Eng 346/9.

And all out with no further score. 346 seems a little low, let’s see how we get on with the ball after lunch.
    Not a bad start from Broad. Nine to go!
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419
    HYUFD said:

tyson said:

Y0kel said:

Trumpton

Blair has a net worth of £60 million now, he would not have got that if he had stayed a second-rate barrister
    Blair quite clearly wasn't a loser. He is, however, very much seen as a liar.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    Well worth half an hour, if you have it spare;

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/life-hard-rebroadcast-2/
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    On topic, I think you're ultimately on the wrong side of that bet Mike.

Trading-wise I can see the logic, however.

No bet for me.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,059
    Trump has obviously spent the day coming up with the name "Sloppy Steve".

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/949126530839572481
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Apologies for polluting the site with a link to shitebart, but....

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/01/04/conservative-donor-rebekah-mercer-issues-statement-steve-bannon/

The comments are delicious.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,150
    FF43 said:

Y0kel said:

FF43 said:

It didn't stop Ronald Reagan though. And for Trump is should be easier to get away with since, non-snarkily, he was already incoherent when the voters elected him.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,836
    Cowley Hill ought to be a safe Labour ward. It's the most deprived ward in Hertsmere, and 50% social housing. And, the outgoing Conservative was done for sexual assault, which won't have helped.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,586
    Pong said:

Apologies for polluting the site with a link to shitebart, but....

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/01/04/conservative-donor-rebekah-mercer-issues-statement-steve-bannon/

The comments are delicious.
    Steve Bannon is a kind-hearted man with a great vision for his country. He takes no prisoners....

Donaeld Trump is a patriot who strives for goodness and decency

That's one commenter, not two.... 300+ upvotes.
    We're still draining the swamp, and MAGA....
    Tough to experience cognitive dissonance in the absence of cognition.
  • Options
    brendan16brendan16 Posts: 2,315
    edited January 2018
    Y0kel said:

FF43 said:

Y0kel said:

FF43 said:

Who is they? The 25th amendment requires two thirds of both the Senate and House for the President to be removed. The Republicans are only defending 8 out of the 51 seats they hold at the mid terms - mostly in solid red states with strong candidates who are a lot more electable than Roy Moore.

I just don't see the politics delivering it - Republican voters still by a clear majority approve of Trump and the backlash from removing a democratically elected President would be huge. I expect this will play out and the voters will decide in 2020 or Trump just decides not to seek re election.

There is a lot of wishful thinking.

I do also find it symptomatic that all this tittle tattle has totally wiped what is going on in Iran off the media agenda - a far more serious matter. Seems the protests have been put down and order is restored - but the media has given up caring for more of the Trump ongoing saga.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-42556729
This discussion has been closed.