Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The percentage of CON voters saying Brexit “wrong” reaches rec

13»

Comments

• Options
    Scott_P said:

Good footage for Jacob tonight as Angela Rayner condemns the demonstrators.

Let's hear from Corbyn - he has a growing problem with the hard momentum members

twitter.com/jamin2g/status/959541145226436608
    He is such a charmer isn't he...
  • Options
    Three words demolish the idea that the EU does not want a special, bespoke trade deal with the UK: “level playing field”. These three words may also give Britain’s negotiators a rather uncommon feeling: bargaining power....

The tough-talk over tax blacklists and retaliatory sanctions are eye-catching of course. But read the document carefully and another message is clear. The EU is nervous about Britain becoming a low-tax, low-regulation haven. And it doesn’t quite know what to do about it.

https://www.ft.com/content/558148da-07ec-11e8-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5

• Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    Scott_P said:
    Reminds me of the lyrics to road to nowhere by talking heads.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,942

Three words demolish the idea that the EU does not want a special, bespoke trade deal with the UK: “level playing field”. These three words may also give Britain’s negotiators a rather uncommon feeling: bargaining power....

The tough-talk over tax blacklists and retaliatory sanctions are eye-catching of course. But read the document carefully and another message is clear. The EU is nervous about Britain becoming a low-tax, low-regulation haven. And it doesn’t quite know what to do about it.

https://www.ft.com/content/558148da-07ec-11e8-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5

I'm sure Foxy will disagree.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Still not getting the 'economic arguments aren't everything' memo, I see.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Will just make JRM even more popular with the masses...
    JRM is really quite tall isn't he? (In comparison to normal people)
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172

dr_spyn said:

A gallery is to put a Victorian painting of naked adolescent girls back on display after a row over censorship.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42917974

Are the postcards back on sale?
    The curator has certainly managed to generate a lot of publicity for Manchester City Art Gallery,which alongside Birmingham City Art Gallery and Tate Britain has a fantastic collection of Victorian painting, but which is not visited as much as it should be. Great result for her!
    The curator removed it to spark a debate.

And the debate was, "Put it back".

Only through the prism of Malcolm Tucker could that be called "a great result".
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,860

Let's hear from Corbyn - he has a growing problem with the hard momentum members

According to an article in the Guardian today, it is all right wing made-up nonsense.
    According to those who were there it was the JRM supporter in the white shirt that was punching people
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

A gallery is to put a Victorian painting of naked adolescent girls back on display after a row over censorship.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42917974

Are the postcards back on sale?
    The curator has certainly managed to generate a lot of publicity for Manchester City Art Gallery,which alongside Birmingham City Art Gallery and Tate Britain has a fantastic collection of Victorian painting, but which is not visited as much as it should be. Great result for her!
    The curator removed it to spark a debate.

And the debate was, "Put it back".

Only through the prism of Malcolm Tucker could that be called "a great result".
    Indeed. I suspect he won't be getting any calls from head hunters in the next 100 years.
  • Options

According to an article in the Guardian today, it is all right wing made-up nonsense.
    According to those who were there it was the JRM supporter in the white shirt that was punching people
    Nothing to do with Guardian article talking about hard left take over of Labour councils being right wing fake news.
  • Options

Good try - the main one has been identified as a Corbyn supporting momentum member and labour know it. Why would Angela Rayner condemn it
  • Options

Good try - the main one has been identified as a Corbyn supporting momentum member and labour know it. Why would Angela Rayner condemn it
    I am sure Squawk Box says otherwise, which is where BJO appears to get his news from these days.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,335
  • Options

I am sure Squawk Box says otherwise, which is where BJO appears to get his news from these days.
    The problem is that it was filmed and the culprits identified. Jacob comes out of it well and momentum trash labour's reputation again
  • Options
    swing_voterswing_voter Posts: 1,435
    Until the Conservatives can have a vision of what BREXIT means (even a JB bluff about punching above our weight etc) then the divisions within the party undermine the case. I do not read much into this poll but it certainly puts just a little bit more pressure on the government esp TM and DD to deliver a coherent vision.

Meanwhile JRM has seen a boost to his credibility no end by the UWE incident, just raises his profile that little bit more - still think he is not the right one to launch a leadership challenge
  • Options
    Saw you on Sky tonight Nick - very interesting and 100% support from our family
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited February 2018
    The quality of US polls really is bonkers...within the space of a few days there is a range of a tie to +23 disapprove. That is more than MoE.
  • Options

https://twitter.com/RaheemKassam/status/959529976616947712?ref_src=twcamp^share|twsrc^m5|twgr^email|twcon^7046|twterm^1
  • Options

Until the Conservatives can have a vision of what BREXIT means (even a JB bluff about punching above our weight etc) then the divisions within the party undermine the case. I do not read much into this poll but it certainly puts just a little bit more pressure on the government esp TM and DD to deliver a coherent vision.

Meanwhile JRM has seen a boost to his credibility no end by the UWE incident, just raises his profile that little bit more - still think he is not the right one to launch a leadership challenge

Good post - JRM's handling of the situation will have impressed many and improved his profile

One to watch I would say
  • Options

Not by people who were there like the woman who was punched in the face by the JRM supporter in the white shirt.

Guido is not an independent source
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Mortimer said:

Scott_P said:
    Still not getting the 'economic arguments aren't everything' memo, I see.
    Scott is yer da waving his Oasis vinyl at the teenagers listening to rap music : “ they play real instruments you know..”
  • Options

The quality of US polls really is bonkers...within the space of a few days there is a range of a tie to +23 disapprove. That is more than MoE.
    I suspect somewhere in the DEM camp there is a Gianelli-type berating a Lyman-type for going too early and blowing an electoral advantage.
  • Options
    As I thought...I wondered where BJO is getting his news...Skwawkbox is making these claims.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,060
    Scott_P said:
    Her strategy of saying we want to leave everything but for nothing to change was truly masterful. It allows her to fight off any conceivable move against her from any flank of the party simultaneously, while not actually doing anything.
  • Options

Not by people who were there like the woman who was punched in the face by the JRM supporter in the white shirt.

I find it difficult that you cannot accept the video evidence and all the reports that identify the culprits. Why would Angela Rayner apologise. You need to accept that sometimes you are wrong. Indeed you are the only person trying to claim it wasn't momentum
  • Options

I find it difficult that you cannot accept the video evidence and all the reports that identify the culprits. Why would Angela Rayner apologise. You need to accept that sometimes you are wrong. Indeed you are the only person trying to claim it wasn't momentum
    It is actually really sad that BJO has now just become a poster of stories from Fake News sites.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Ate you calling this woman a liar she was hit in the face by the man in the white shirt
    Andreea‏
    @_andreeatweets
    Follow Follow @_andreeatweets
    More Andreea Retweeted Chloe
    The member of the audience in the white shirt started getting violent towards the people being disruptive. I was standing in front of him when he punched me. No student was violent here.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,714
    On topic, I think Jacob Rees Mogg damages the cause he espouses by calling the transition a "vassal state". Because it is a memorable phrase, doesn't sound good and has an element of truth. I believe he would do better to describe it as a necessary first step, but only a step, on a journey.
  • Options

As I thought...I wondered where BJO is getting his news...Skwawkbox is making these claims.

Well Sky and BBC are not as they show the video on their news programmes
  • Options

No from the woman who was hit in the face by the JRM supporter who she says started it.

Guido is not a reliable source compared to her
  • Options

Ate you calling this woman a liar who was hit in the face by the man in the white shirt
    Andreea‏
    @_andreeatweets
    Follow Follow @_andreeatweets
    More Andreea Retweeted Chloe
    The member of the audience in the white shirt started getting violent towards the people being disruptive. I was standing in front of him when he punched me. No student was violent here.
    She was remarkably vocal for someone who has been punched and no one is giving her credence in the reporting
  • Options

No from the woman who was hit in the face by the JRM supporter who she says started it.

Yes I’d believe Squawkbox over clear video any day.
  • Options
    FF43 said:

On topic, I think Jacob Rees Mogg damages the cause he espouses by calling the transition a "vassal state". Because it is a memorable phrase, doesn't sound good and has an element of truth. I believe he would do better to describe it as a necessary first step, but only a step, on a journey.

It depends how dogmatic he is about Brexit. His positioning may actually be a step ahead of Boris on the path of 'we'd be better off remaining than this dog's breakfast'.
  • Options

i believe the woman who says she was hit in the face by the JRM thug
  • Options
    edited February 2018

You also believed that changing the colour of a passport was going to cost £100m's and all the other crap that is the lead story on Sqwawkbox.
  • Options

It is actually really sad that BJO has now just become a poster of stories from Fake News sites.
    You mean from the best placed witness.

The one that was punched in the face by the bloke in the white shirt.

Guido Fake News I am afraid
  • Options
    edited February 2018

The only reason you found this and the twitter account of somebody with a few 100 followers is because it is the lead story on Sqwawkbox (a site that has been found repeatedly posting inaccurate stories)...with exactly the tweet you linked.

Pretty much every post you make these days is the same. As Donald Trump would say...SADDDDDD.
  • Options

You also believed that changing the colour of a passport was going to cost £100m's and all the other crap that is the lead story on Sqwawkbox.
    Whats Squakbox.

Can you not see the bloke in the white shirt hit Andrea in the face

Sad this poor victim at the hands of the JRM thug is called a liar by PB Tories
  • Options

Yes she was the innocent virginal bystander -with no skin in the game.
  • Options

Of course you would but it does not fit the video evidence and certainly the media reporting. Can you explain why multiple witnesses have identified the hooded protester as a momentum and labour party member who shouted racist, bigot, and a fascist government direct to JRM
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,232
    edited February 2018

A couple of days ago I linked to an article on Uncut, criticising Corbyn's record on Iran. In response our resident Momentum nutcase went off on one about how Corbyn had signed more EDM condemning Iran's human rights record than any other active politician.

So I investigated and found that this was a load of rubbish. For example, in 2013-14 Corbyn signed 686 EDMs (which is a staggering figure) but only two on Iran, and one of them was actually praising the regime for its actions on releasing selected political prisoners. In that year, he actually signed more EDMs on the Women's Suffrage Movement, which ended 90 years ago, than on Iran. If you go back across those five years, he signs about 10% of EDMs on Iran, roughly half of which are praising the regime.

Curiously, he does have a consistent criticism of their treatment of Baha'is (I don't know why) and trades unionists (less surprisingly). But the egregious Wisemann's claims didn't stand up to anything approaching intelligent scrutiny (which I appreciate they wouldn't have got from him anyway).

So I did a Google search and I found those claims endlessly repeated - on Squawkbox. It clearly hasn't learned from making up most of that silly D-notice story (including the invention of an entire phone conversation with the Home Office). It's still gallantly falsifying information to try and make Corbyn look good.

Again, I raise the parallel between Trump and Corbyn. Both populists, both liars, both hated by the power brokers in their party, both in hock to dodgy foreign despots, and both supported by fake news websites - Trump Breitbart, and Corbyn Squawkbox. (Of course the comparison is somewhat unfair. Breitbart is commercially successful and employs several people, while Squawkbox is the work of a devoted but not overbright nobody.)

What's disturbing is how uncritical his supporters are of the propaganda machine gathering around him.
  • Options

And her credentials are?
  • Options

Although there has been a clear trend of Trump's ratings improving. That might not continue but November might not be as bad for the GOP as it was looking at the start of the year.
  • Options

Whats Squakbox.

Can you not see the bloke in the white shirt hit Andrea in the face

Sad this poor victim at the hands of the JRM thug is called a liar by PB Tories
    Poor victim - now you are really losing it. You know you would do labour's cause good just by condemning the protest as has Angela Rayner.

And the media are condemning it but I suppose the media are all tories
  • Options

And her credentials are?
    She was at the event and hit in the face twice by the JRM thug.

She is Creative Producing MA Passionate about the power of arts and tech in bringing people together. Views are my own

Bristol, England

According to her Twitter feed
  • Options
    Truly worried about the red fascists attacking political opponents like JRM. You saw the same thing thing with the systematic trashing of conservative posters and signs across the country during the last election. Sensible labour votets should fear this too. First they csme for the conservatives. Tben they came for the moderates
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

You think she deserved smacking in the face?

Twice by a JRM thug

That says a lot about you
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,672
    edited February 2018

And her credentials are?

She is Creative Producing MA Passionate about the power of arts and tech in bringing people together. Views are my own

Bristol, England

https://twitter.com/YvetteCooperMP/status/959568635927912448?ref_src=twcamp^share|twsrc^m5|twgr^email|twcon^7046|twterm^1
    https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/959531769262428160?ref_src=twcamp^share|twsrc^m5|twgr^email|twcon^7046|twterm^1
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited February 2018
    Forschungsgruppe Wahlen:

CDU/CSU 31%
    SPD 19%
    Grüne 14%
    AfD 14%
    Linke 11%
    FDP 7%
    Others 4%

http://www.wahlrecht.de/umfragen/
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

And her credentials are?

Bristol, England

lol you really are pathetic in your support of the disgusting moral swamp that Labour is becoming
  • Options

Of course you would but it does not fit the video evidence and certainly the media reporting. Can you explain why multiple witnesses have identified the hooded protester as a momentum and labour party member who shouted racist, bigot, and a fascist government direct to JRM
    It fits perfectly just not with Guido version that (amazingly) starts after he has thrown 2 punches at the poor girl.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Forschungsgruppe Wahlen:

CDU/CSU 31%
    SPD 19%
    Grüne 14%
    AfD 14%
    Linke 11%
    FDP 7%
    Others 4%

http://www.wahlrecht.de/umfragen/

Lindner made a big mistake walking out of coalition talks.
  • Options

TGOHF said:

You think she deserved smacking in the face?

Twice by a JRM thug

That says a lot about you
    She was not hit in the face. Watch the video and you will see she got up and joined the protest

You are only making labour's cause worse. Just accept you are wrong
  • Options
    A right to the face followed by a left by JRM thug

https://twitter.com/chloekayex/status/959494136427696128
  • Options

UWE Bristol don't seem to think that their students were attacked. You'd think if one (or more) was, the university might have mentioned it.

https://twitter.com/UWEBristol/status/959566982042578950
  • Options
    edited February 2018

A right to the face followed by a left by JRM thug

twitter.com/chloekayex/status/959494136427696128

What a coincidence....guess the other tweet in Skwawkbox article on this....It is like BJO read it and used basically the same text as the headline and linked to the two tweets in it....but of course he has never heard of this website.
  • Options
    Can anyone identify the white shirt wearing thug.

Hopefully the police will be able to charge him with JRM thuggery
  • Options

And her credentials are?

Bristol, England

Hey BJO.

We've always got on very well, so I'll content myself - as a UWE alumnus, indeed! - with some advice.

What she *claims* happened and what *did* happen may be two very different things. And even if she is telling the truth, or at least part of her story is true, the fact it is being spread by Skwawkbox means we have, realistically, to go with the presumption that it's false until we get hard evidence to the contrary. Guido is not an outlet I would trust without good reason, but the fact is as matters stand he has video evidence to back his story and on the other hand Momentum - who were squarely in the wrong turning up with their faces covered anyway - have the unsupported word of somebody working with a notorious forger and liar to counter it.

Therefore I would advise you to be very careful in declaring her to be reliable simply because her story is something you want to believe is true. Sadly it doesn't work like that.
  • Options

It fits perfectly just not with Guido version that (amazingly) starts after he has thrown 2 punches at the poor girl.
    No point in discussing this with you. Fortunately many in labour are condemning it the most recent being Yvette Cooper. At least they have the common sense to see how much damage this can do to labour and the grace to call it out.

I am convinced the extremes in momentum will turn the people against Corbyn and his mob in time
  • Options
    Floater said:

And her credentials are?

Bristol, England

lol you really are pathetic in your support of the disgusting moral swamp that Labour is becoming
    You should go to SpecSavers

A poor innocent girl gets hit in face by JRM thug and its Corbyns fault

I f only JRM believed in the kinder gentler politis of Jezza rather than attracting thugs like the bloke in the white shirt
  • Options

UWE Bristol don't seem to think that their students were attacked. You'd think if one (or more) was, the university might have mentioned it.

Nixon was brought down because his henchmen broke into a campaign headquarters and were dumb enough to photograph themselves doing it.

Why do some people never learn?

And with that thought, good night.
  • Options

No point in discussing this with you. Fortunately many in labour are condemning it the most recent being Yvette Cooper. At least they have the common sense to see how much damage this can do to labour and the grace to call it out.

I am convinced the extremes in momentum will turn the people against Corbyn and his mob in time
    The left always fail when they think the quiet majority agree not only with their message, but with their methods.

Kinnock's 'we're alrighhhhhhhhhht' was one example of it.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited February 2018
    YouGov / Times:

Lab 42% (nc)
    Con 42% (+1)
    LD 6% (-1)
    Greens 3% (+1)
    UKIP 2% (-1)

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/9971#comments
  • Options

Floater said:

And her credentials are?

Bristol, England

I f only JRM believed in the kinder gentler politis of Jezza rather than attracting thugs like the bloke in the white shirt
    You and your like will see the end of Corbyn
  • Options

Floater said:

And her credentials are?

Bristol, England

Chris Bryant is the latest labour MP to condemn the protest

They know how toxic this could be for labour
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,990
    edited February 2018

Floater said:

And her credentials are?

Bristol, England

From the brief look at the two videos I've seen no-one comes out of it very well. JRM didn't NEED to go and confront the thugs, nor did other people need to get involved.
  • Options
    trawltrawl Posts: 142

Floater said:

And her credentials are?

Bristol, England

Bigjohnowls I’m hoping it is not actually you posting. If it is you are embarrassing yourself.
    The kinder gentler “politis” of Jezza doesn’t exist. It is hooded bullies turning up to intimidate those they don’t agree with. That is what Labour is now.
  • Options

Floater said:

And her credentials are?

Bristol, England

From the brief look at the two videos I've seen no-one comes out of it very well. JRM didn't NEED to go and confront the thugs, nor did other people need to get involved.
    Actually the reporting does show JRM in a good light together with his subsequent comments

He is coming out of it well and it will have done him no harm tonight
  • Options

From the brief look at the two videos I've seen no-one comes out of it very well. JRM didn't NEED to go and confront the thugs, nor did other people need to get involved.</blockquote

No he dodnt NEED to do so. But he chose to. Good for him

You Red Fascists depend on intimidation and fear. People like you would not survive the first purge.

• Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,121
    AndyJS said:

YouGov / Times:

Lab 42% (nc)
    Con 42% (+1)
    LD 6% (-1)
    Greens 3% (+1)
    UKIP 2% (-1)

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/9971#comments

Toxic Theresa May and Brexit meltdown Tories in massive polling crash....

Oh.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,121

Can anyone identify the white shirt wearing thug.

Hopefully the police will be able to charge him with JRM thuggery

"JRM thuggery"?

*points and laughs at BJO*

Fuck me, you're really scared of this guy, aren't you?
  • Options
    trawl said:

Floater said:

And her credentials are?

Bristol, England

Bigjohnowls I’m hoping it is not actually you posting. If it is you are embarrassing yourself.
    The kinder gentler “politis” of Jezza doesn’t exist. It is hooded bullies turning up to intimidate those they don’t agree with. That is what Labour is now.
    Look at the latter half of this video, if you don't believe the media:

https://twitter.com/Jamin2g/status/959541145226436608
  • Options

Floater said:

And her credentials are?

Bristol, England

There is nothing kind or gentle about Corbyn.

Truly dark days await our country if he gets even within a sniff of power.
  • Options

Credit where credit is due: that's a very fair and balanced statement.
  • Options

Good post - JRM's handling of the situation will have impressed many and improved his profile

One to watch I would say
    This evening's events will have enhanced JRM's chances of becoming Tory leader and PM.
  • Options

https://twitter.com/RaheemKassam/status/959529976616947712?ref_src=twcamp^share|twsrc^m5|twgr^email|twcon^7046|twterm^1
    JRM showing courage, maturity and leadership all of those "protesters" combined couldn't drum up in a million years.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Scott_P said:
    Hopefully, JRM will be our equivalent of General Franco, by then.
    I thought that was actually quite funny by Hugo Rifkind.
  • Options

trawl said:

Floater said:

And her credentials are?

Bristol, England

Look at the latter half of this video, if you don't believe the media:

https://twitter.com/Jamin2g/status/959541145226436608
    What's odd is that the likes of McDonnell think that if they did act like that in power, there wouldn't be any sort of backlash and that they'd be immune from the same sort of problem. Unleash or legitimise these activities and who knows where it ends.
  • Options

One to watch I would say
    This evening's events will have enhanced JRM's chances of becoming Tory leader and PM.
    Put that way, this was a pretty cunning plan to get Corbyn into power
  • Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,908
    ydoethur said:

A couple of days ago I linked to an article on Uncut, criticising Corbyn's record on Iran. In response our resident Momentum nutcase went off on one about how Corbyn had signed more EDM condemning Iran's human rights record than any other active politician.

So I investigated and found that this was a load of rubbish. For example, in 2013-14 Corbyn signed 686 EDMs (which is a staggering figure) but only two on Iran, and one of them was actually praising the regime for its actions on releasing selected political prisoners. In that year, he actually signed more EDMs on the Women's Suffrage Movement, which ended 90 years ago, than on Iran. If you go back across those five years, he signs about 10% of EDMs on Iran, roughly half of which are praising the regime.

This is surely one of the most bizarre attack lines on Jeremy Corbyn.
    The man lives and breaths Amnesty International.
    He was joint chair of the APPG on Human Rights.

Here is a list of EDMs from 2007 - 2009 that Jeremy Corbyn signed.
    Has he signed more than any other MP?
    I haven't counted other MPs as that would take ages.

Has he signed loads - answer is definitely yes. I suspect he has signed more than any other MP actually given his longevity and his clear interest in the topic.

2007 - EDM against persecution of Iran Trade Unionists:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2007-08/141

2007 - EDM against arrest of students:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2007-08/524

2007 - EDM against death penalty for juveniles in Iran:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2007-08/525

2007 - EDM calling for negotiations not war with Iran:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2007-08/623

2008 - EDM against child executions in Iran:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2007-08/788

2008 - EDM condemning Human Rights abuses in Iran:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2007-08/833

2008 - EDM criticising UK home office for saying Iran is safe for homosexuals + not to send back a gay man to Iran:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2007-08/1180

2008 - EDM against arrest of Bahai's
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2007-08/1608

2008 - EDM against war with Iran
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2007-08/2070

2009 - EDM against arrest of students and trades unionists in Iran
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2008-09/1476

2009 - EDM in support of protestors disputing Presidential election and against alleged arrest and torture and murder by revolutionary guards
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2008-09/1755

2009 - EDM against arrest of prominent human rights lawyer in Iran
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2008-09/1799

2009 - EDM against child executions in Iran
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2008-09/2106

2009 - EDM against persecution of minorities in Iran
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2009-10/337

2009 - EDM in support of international human rights day specifically criticising Iranian govt:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2009-10/391
  • Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,908
    edited February 2018
    ydoethur said:

I did 2010 also - but couldn't fit them in the text limit:

2010 - EDM against arrest of Bahai leaders in Iran:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2009-10/549

2010 - EDM congratulating Amnesty for campaign for equal rights for women in Iran:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2009-10/624

2010 - EDM condemning execution of two Iranians:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2009-10/749

2010 - EDM against military action in Iran:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2009-10/928

2010 - EDM criticising Tony Blair and hawkish stance on Iran to Chilcot inquiry:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2009-10/801

2010 - EDM criticising deterntion without trial of Bahai leaders:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2010-12/117

2010 - EDM criticising UK hypocrisy in refusing to allow international inspectors to see our nuclear weapons whilst calling for Iran to allow inspections
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2010-12/359

2010 - EDM against execution of alleged adulterer in Iran
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2010-12/450

2010 - EDM against stoning to death of adulterer in Iran
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2010-12/452

2010 - EDM generally against stoning to death in Iran
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2010-12/535

2010 - EDM against arrest of Iranian trades unionist:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2010-12/633

2010 - EDM expressing concern for wellbeing of Iranian lawyer
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2010-12/649

2010 - EDM calling for fair trials in Iran, access to legal representation and removal of death penalty in specific case:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2010-12/1062

2010 - EDM condemning a hanging:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2010-12/1121

2010 - EDM against imprisonment of trades unionist:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2010-12/1161

2010 - EDM against televised confession and calling for release of prisoners:
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2010-12/1181

This discussion has been closed.