Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Given the appalling weather let’s be thankful that yesterday w

13»

Comments

• SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614

Mr. Sandpit, aye. Bad odds, were something like 1.5 or evens. As I indicated, I stayed out of that market.

Speaking of which, BBC reckons Renault are fourth best: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/43246098

I didn’t even look at the prices TBH, but I’d have guessed Lewis was the short-odds favourite. But as you and I discussed, with no scrutineering someone could have done something silly.

I’ll stick to betting on races when all the cars have to meet the same rules and make the engines last half a dozen events. 3 weeks until Australia!
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,517
    ydoethur said:

Sod it, not again!

"Flooding and Debris is blocking the rail line at Dawlish, Network Rail has said.

All Great Western Railway and CrossCountry services have been suspended due to "significant damage".

Network Rail added that there will be a flood assessment at 10:00 but it is unlikely any trains will be running before lunch "at the least"."

Dawlish Station is one of the great settings for a station - up there with Grange, Shrewsbury and Morfa Mawddach. I was there last week for half an hour waiting for a train and it was just so beautiful.

But I did think at the time how exposed it is and how very unsurprising weather damage to that line is. Closing the back way via Tavistock was a big error.
    No, not really. The ?LSWR? route is long, and the journey much longer. It also does not serve any major conurbations, and AIUI faces the 'wrong' way at Playnouth for trains coming from, and going to, points west. It also misses Exeter, unless you reverse from there (which adds more delays). Keeping such an expensive line open just for a few days of diversions once in a blue moon does not seem like a good use of funds given the traffic levels of the 1960s to 1980s.

There may be a case for reopening it, but not as a diversionary route.
  • CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,540

Once more unto the speech, what time is Mrs May's speech?

13.30, or 1.30 pm in old money
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,730

ydoethur said:

Sod it, not again!

"Flooding and Debris is blocking the rail line at Dawlish, Network Rail has said.

All Great Western Railway and CrossCountry services have been suspended due to "significant damage".

Network Rail added that there will be a flood assessment at 10:00 but it is unlikely any trains will be running before lunch "at the least"."

Dawlish Station is one of the great settings for a station - up there with Grange, Shrewsbury and Morfa Mawddach. I was there last week for half an hour waiting for a train and it was just so beautiful.

But I did think at the time how exposed it is and how very unsurprising weather damage to that line is. Closing the back way via Tavistock was a big error.
    No, not really. The ?LSWR? route is long, and the journey much longer. It also does not serve any major conurbations, and AIUI faces the 'wrong' way at Playnouth for trains coming from, and going to, points west. It also misses Exeter, unless you reverse from there (which adds more delays). Keeping such an expensive line open just for a few days of diversions once in a blue moon does not seem like a good use of funds given the traffic levels of the 1960s to 1980s.

I would have said personally that if Barnstaple and Crediton justify an entire railway spur, then Okehampton and Tavistock justify a through route even if it's only single track.
    edited March 2018

On the Dawlish rail story: the A379 at Torcross along the Slapton line has been taken out by the sea. One lane is gone.

Looking rather troubling.....

Not surprised by that. Wonder if the tank is still there, or whether the sea has reclaimed it?

(Many moons ago, I met the bloke who campaigned to raise the tank from the sea. He was an interesting character; I don't think he's with us any more).

Oh, isn't the village of Hallsands near there? The one that disappeared overnight after a storm.

Edit:
    http://www.exercisetigermemorial.co.uk/ken-small
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallsands
  • SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,876
    I am supposed to be flying to Hong Kong form Heathrow tonight. Checking the weather forecasts, it does not look great. Are there any PB flying experts who can provide a considered prognosis of how likely it is that flights are going to be grounded at Heathrow today - and this evening more specifically?
  • Once more unto the speech, what time is Mrs May's speech?

Thank you.

That clashes with Jurgen Klopp's press conference, so I'll have to give Mrs May a miss.
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,764

On the Dawlish rail story: the A379 at Torcross along the Slapton line has been taken out by the sea. One lane is gone.

Not surprised by that. Wonder if the tank is still there, or whether the sea has reclaimed it?

(Many moons ago, I met the bloke who campaigned to raise the tank from the sea. He was an interesting character; I don't think he's with us any more).

Oh, isn't the village of Hallsands near there? The one that disappeared overnight after a storm.
    Just up the coast.

I remember a terrible storm in 1979, where the Sea was racing through peoples' houses in Torcross. Afterwards, the village looked as if it had been bombed.
    edited March 2018

I am supposed to be flying to Hong Kong form Heathrow tonight. Checking the weather forecasts, it does not look great. Are there any PB flying experts who can provide a considered prognosis of how likely it is that flights are going to be grounded at Heathrow today - and this evening more specifically?

They generally cancel the short haul flights first to try and keep the log haul schedule running. I’d call your airline and see if they can confirm one way or the other, before you set off for the airport. There will be planes and crews stranded all over the place at the moment, a nightmare for everyone. Good luck!
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Floater said:

Scott_P said:

Sadly, test four

4. Consistent with open outward-looking European democracy

is directly contradicted by test one

1. Respect the referendum

which was vote for a more closed, inward-looking anti-European Brexitocracy

Utter bollocks even by your standards.

You think the EU is democratic?

Not wanting to be part of the EU does not make one anti European.

Understand the last line; but the EU is moving towards greater democratic control and, until we decided to elect Faragists as MEP's we were helping that project.

I don't know how Mrs May squares her pre-referendum remarks with those nowadays. Or her conscience!
    Do explain this move to Democracy by the EU

I might have blinked and missed it

Sandpit said:

They generally cancel the short haul flights first to try and keep the log haul schedule running. I’d call your airline and see if they can confirm one way or the other, before you set off for the airport. There will be planes and crews stranded all over the place at the moment, a nightmare for everyone. Good luck!
    Today, 7 of 8 flights got out of LHR for HKG, with some delays.
    http://www.hongkongairport.com/flightinfo/eng/chkfltarr.html
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Colleagues have been flying in and out of Heathrow and City all week with no problem. They may have been the lucky ones and there is snow in London, but I've definitely seen worse.
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Sod it, not again!

I would have said personally that if Barnstaple and Crediton justify an entire railway spur, then Okehampton and Tavistock justify a through route even if it's only single track.
    Possibly.However Barnstaple is bigger than both Okehampton and Tavistock together, and the Tarka line to Barnstaple serves many other local communities. There are few other places on the Okehampton/Tavistock line.
  • Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,232

I live beneath the Heathrow flight path. Seems as nosy and persistent as usual.
    Jonathan said:

Colleagues have been flying in and out of Heathrow and City all week with no problem. They may have been the lucky ones and there is snow in London, but I've definitely seen worse.

There's been relatively little snow here just west of Cambridge, yet a few days ago the A1 north of Peterborough was shut. Fickle stuff, snow.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,052
    Jonathan said:

Leicester is fine, though the A47 was blocked in Rutland, so very patchy. Quite a few elderly patients cancelling though, for routine stuff.
    edited March 2018

The detailed airport forecast is not great:

http://www.allmetsat.com/en/metar-taf/europe.php?icao=EGLL

If you haven't already got them I recommend the apps Tripit and CheckMyTrip - the latter alerted me to an 8 hour delay hours before the airline fessed up....

If you are flying CX you might also want to see how your inbound aircraft is doing (flightradar24) - it will usually land a couple of hours before your departure time. If its BA it will be more difficult to tell.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,786
    It seems Theresa May has taken the comparison with Gordon Brown to heart and has now come up with her own five tests that are designed to fail.
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,392

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Sod it, not again!

Possibly.However Barnstaple is bigger than both Okehampton and Tavistock together, and the Tarka line to Barnstaple serves many other local communities. There are few other places on the Okehampton/Tavistock line.
    Alternative route to avoid the sea wall:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teign_Valley_line
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited March 2018
    The winning candidate at the Exmouth by-election got about 3% of the electorate, 28% of the vote on the 12% turnout.
    edited March 2018

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Sod it, not again!

Alternative route to avoid the sea wall:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teign_Valley_line
    Otherwise known as the A38. ;)

My favourite option would be to build the inland tunnels that the GWR started work on in 1939. That won't happen, though.

Edit: but some people want to reopen the existing stub line to Heathfield for passengers:
    https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/new-rail-line-could-reopen-1077055
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,557
    Dura_Ace said:

Nigelb said:

Mr. Sandpit, and the Russian election (although that's more about how much Putin will win by than anything else).

Newsnight had a very interesting piece on Ksenia Sobchak a couple of nights back.
    The only Russian presidential candidate to feature in an urban legend about being on a Pulp album cover.
    And a very brave lady indeed.

If you haven't already got them I recommend the apps Tripit and CheckMyTrip - the latter alerted me to an 8 hour delay hours before the airline fessed up....

If you are flying CX you might also want to see how your inbound aircraft is doing (flightradar24) - it will usually land a couple of hours before your departure time. If its BA it will be more difficult to tell.
    Ooh, didn’t know about that METAR site, thanks!

Forecast:
    Temporary
    from 02 at 12 UTC to 02 at 21 UTC
    Wind 18 kt from the East/Northeast with gusts up to 28 kt
    Visibility: 1200 m
    Broken clouds at a height of 800 ft
    snow

If that happens there will be delays for de-icing planes and clearing runways. Luckily they spent a few million on snowploughs a couple of years ago, after the whole place got shut down for a couple of days. Both runways are currently in use.
  • RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    edited March 2018

Thank you.

That clashes with Jurgen Klopp's press conference, so I'll have to give Mrs May a miss.
    If you're a fan of Klopp (and I am) these quotes will make you smile

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11916578/Jurgen-Klopp-the-very-best-of-his-weird-quotes.html?frame=endScreen

I said to the 4th official 'How many mistakes are you allowed to make? If it's 15 you've got one more....'
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Solihull, Blythe:

Con 1252
    Lab 224
    LD 174

Con 75.9%
    Lab 13.6%
    LD 10.5%

Turnout is around 16.5%.

That's great - cheers.

I am going on Virgin for the first time. I am a Virgin virgin.

• Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    Six Nations: bit obvious, but if you're thinking of having a bet, do check the weather forecast as that might alter things (or even lead to cancellation of a fixture).

That's great - cheers.

Assuming your flying Upper Class give yourself plenty of time in the Club House - best lounge on the planet!
  • TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840
    rkrkrk said:

This is Michael Gove - but it could have been Jeremy Corbyn delivering most of this speech:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/michael-gove-water-company-bosses-speech-attack-audience-tax-executive-pay-a8235531.html

This is part of the reason I wanted Labour led by someone like Corbyn, at best we get PM Corbyn, at worst we get a modified Tory party dragged to the left in some parts. The alternative seemed to be a constant surrender to a right wing agenda set by others.
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Roger said:

Thank you.

If you're a fan of Klopp (and I am) these quotes will make you smile

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11916578/Jurgen-Klopp-the-very-best-of-his-weird-quotes.html?frame=endScreen

I said to the 4th official 'How many mistakes are you allowed to make? If it's 15 you've got one more....'
    LOL very good. The last one is especially amusing.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,955
    Sean_F said:

Just up the coast.

I remember a terrible storm in 1979, where the Sea was racing through peoples' houses in Torcross. Afterwards, the village looked as if it had been bombed.
    There are problems down the road at Beesands today. Moving people out, as I understand it.

Nice pub there - the Cricket Inn. Really good grub. It holds the claim to fame of being where Mick Jagger and Keith Richards played their first gig together, when they were down there on holiday.... A certain pleasing circularity to the career of Mick Jagger, MCC member....
    Can anyone think of a country with a trade surplus with the US?
    https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/969525362580484098
    One of the largest easterly wave events on record has been recorded, a professor in coastal geomorphology at Plymouth University has said.

Professor Gerd Masselink said heights of 18ft (5.58m) were recorded at Start Bay - coinciding with spring high tides.

The university is now focusing on surveying Devon's beaches as damage reports come in from Dawlish, Torcross and Beesands.

• tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,164

Can anyone think of a country with a trade deficit with the EU27?

That's great - cheers.

Assuming your flying Upper Class give yourself plenty of time in the Club House - best lounge on the planet!

I am leaving Leamington at 4.00 pm for a 9.00 pm flight. If the roads are decent I’ll have plenty of time in the lounge. I guess that also applies if there are delays. The one flaw in my plan is if the roads are bad but Heathrow is fine!!

That's great - cheers.

Its a 787 (so I hope you're in Upper Class - economy sucks on the 787) which unfortunately means there's no way of telling where the inbound aircraft is arriving from - but there are very many worse places to get stuck than the Club House.....when you arrive there first thing to do is book your 'treatment' - hair cut etc - then relax.

He's certifiable......
  • Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    Jonathan said:

Sandpit said:

Jonathan said:

Scott_P said:
    Maybe she will apologise. She really should. The citizens of nowhere comment was one of the most damaging .
    That comment referred specifically to multinational companies such as Google and Facebook, who have extensive business in the UK yet use aggressive tax avoidance to contribute almost nothing.

Lots of hardcore Remainers are determined to think she was talking about them. She wasn’t.
    She hurt a lot of people . It was stupid and careless.
    Those who misrepresented what she said deliberately stirred it up.

That's great - cheers.

I am leaving Leamington at 4.00 pm for a 9.00 pm flight. If the roads are decent I’ll have plenty of time in the lounge. I guess that also applies if there are delays. The one flaw in my plan is if the roads are bad but Heathrow is fine!!
    If you're using their chauffeur service you'll miss all the check in malarky and be met with your boarding pass at their private terminal entrance - then through their own security channel and into the terminal - have fun!
  • Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

Those who misrepresented what she said

... by reporting it verbatim.
    Off-topic:

Pictures from the railway line at Dawlish:
    https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/dawlish-sea-wall-damaged-storm-1285826
    Scott_P said:

'twisted by knaves to make traps for fools'.......
  • Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,846

Apparently both we and the US have a trade surplus with each other. Which is... unusual to say the least.

https://www.ft.com/content/82ebed88-9ede-11e7-8cd4-932067fbf946
    Since when have railways and weather been off-topic on pb.com?!

Apparently both we and the US have a trade surplus with each other. Which is... unusual to say the least.

https://www.ft.com/content/82ebed88-9ede-11e7-8cd4-932067fbf946
    Lets hope no one tells him about our surplus then......
    If you lived/worked there, would you not pay more attention to the weather/tides with respect to parking your car/van near the coast?
  • RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    Just seen an interesting comment on Twitter. May's vagueness has helped Tory Party unity on Europe, but has also ensured no major disagreements among the EU27 as all contentious issues have been fudged. So we are facing an EU that has a very united front.
  • Six Nations: bit obvious, but if you're thinking of having a bet, do check the weather forecast as that might alter things (or even lead to cancellation of a fixture).

Rest week this weekend...
    Get what you deserve with voodoo polls.....

https://twitter.com/InstituteGC/status/969521137012150272
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,730
    The local police clearly have a lovely sense of humour:
    http://www.twitter.com/TeignmouthNHT/status/969520141829656576
  • MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

"Whenever there have been studies on the impact of the weather on election days the analysis has shown that it has had very little impact."

When it's just 'bad' weather, people will go out and do what they need to do (including voting).

But when you cannot safely get out of your front door...

• MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

If the EU was prepared to reform, then we would never have left in the first place.

Mr. Scrapheap, good thinking, Batman :)
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,841

"Whenever there have been studies on the impact of the weather on election days the analysis has shown that it has had very little impact."

When it's just 'bad' weather, people will go out and do what they need to do (including voting).

But when you cannot safely get out of your front door...

Also depends on how important the vote is perceived to be. The weather wasn't great during the EU ref.

If the EU was prepared to reform, then we would never have left in the first place.
    Where ‘reform’ means ‘do what we (i.e. I) say’?
    Scott_P said:

One short sentence quoted out of context, and then making up their own entirely dishonest context. It was shameful misrepresentation.

One of the largest easterly wave events on record has been recorded, a professor in coastal geomorphology at Plymouth University has said.

Professor Gerd Masselink said heights of 18ft (5.58m) were recorded at Start Bay - coinciding with spring high tides.

The university is now focusing on surveying Devon's beaches as damage reports come in from Dawlish, Torcross and Beesands.

The drawback with having an immensely expensive seafront property in South Hams is that you will be regularly flooded, every Spring.

WRT pubs in the area, I'd recommend the Tradesman's Arms, Stokenham, the Waterman's Arms, Tuckenhay, and the Tower Inn, Slapton.

He's certifiable......
    Possibly his most worrying tweet yet.
    Pulpstar said:

He's certifiable......
    Wait till he tweets his decision to bomb North Korea.
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Pulpstar said:

He's certifiable......
    oh shit - 1930's redux
    Pulpstar said:

He's certifiable......
    Yes, it's possible that he might really think that trade wars are a zero-sum game.

Odd for someone who claims to be an expert in the Art of the Deal.

Well yes I think you've hit upon the error in Tony Blair's argument. The four freedoms are indivisible within the single market and that will never be ceeded by the EU. Our courts over-interpret freedom of movement too, which although it is OUR courts doing so - people blame the EU for the rule..
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950

Jonathan said:

Sandpit said:

Jonathan said:

Scott_P said:
    Maybe she will apologise. She really should. The citizens of nowhere comment was one of the most damaging .
    That comment referred specifically to multinational companies such as Google and Facebook, who have extensive business in the UK yet use aggressive tax avoidance to contribute almost nothing.

Lots of hardcore Remainers are determined to think she was talking about them. She wasn’t.
    Thing is, if you are a politician, and especially after Maggie's no such thing speech, you need to build in the possibility that people will misunderstand, wilfully or otherwise, what you say and don't leave yourself open to that possibility.
    Pulpstar said:

Well yes I think you've hit upon the error in Tony Blair's argument. The four freedoms are indivisible within the single market and that will never be ceeded by the EU. Our courts over-interpret freedom of movement too, which although it is OUR courts doing so - people blame the EU for the rule..
    I actually blame our politicians. Not once during the referendum did remain put forward proposals for reducing EU migration whilst staying in the EU. If they'd proposed to radically reform our benefits system I might have voted Remain. But that would have been far too difficult (and presumably opposed by Labour).
    edited March 2018
    TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

Sandpit said:

Jonathan said:

Scott_P said:

Thing is, if you are a politician, and especially after Maggie's no such thing speech, you need to build in the possibility that people will misunderstand, wilfully or otherwise, what you say and don't leave yourself open to that possibility.
    Oh yes, absolutely right. Theresa May is hopeless at getting the right form of words, even when she's making a perfectly good point. This was always the case, her hugely damaging 'nasty party' phrase being a classic example.
    Pulpstar said:

He's certifiable......
    Worryingly, it sounds as if he isn’t listening to anybody any more. Or more likely, no-one has the balls to tell him that a trade war is a bloody stupid idea.
  • brendan16brendan16 Posts: 2,315

I also wasn't aware we were not planning to stay in Europe either? Any ideas for reforming our continent as per the option 1 that is ahead - perhaps Blair and his institute could get the Russians to organise a Twitter poll?
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    No change in the Conservative Home Tory members next Tory leader poll for March.

Rees Mogg comes top on 21%, Gove is second on 16% and Boris third on 13%. Rudd and Raab complete the top 5.

51% want May to be replaced as leader before the next general election but only 13% want her to stand down as leader now

https://www.conservativehome.com/thetorydiary/2018/03/no-change-in-our-next-tory-leader-survey-rees-mogg-is-top-then-gove-then-johnson.html
    tlg86 said:

Pulpstar said:

I actually blame our politicians. Not once during the referendum did remain put forward proposals for reducing EU migration whilst staying in the EU. If they'd proposed to radically reform our benefits system I might have voted Remain. But that would have been far too difficult (and presumably opposed by Labour).
    They didn't because there weren't any realistic proposals, except crossing fingers and hoping that as the Eurozone economy improved the problem would ease itself. It wasn't because the politicians were stupid or incompetent, there was simply no solution other than leaving the EU and Single Market. (Of course it remains to be seen whether even that will make much difference - I suspect not a huge amount, but we shall see.)
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    Pulpstar said:

Though the EU did allow us to impose transition controls on free movement from the new accession countries in 2004 for 7 years but Blair refused to implement them
  • rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,880
    Sandpit said:

Pulpstar said:

He's certifiable......
    Worryingly, it sounds as if he isn’t listening to anybody any more. Or more likely, no-one has the balls to tell him that a trade war is a bloody stupid idea.
    I still think he’ll back down.
    There’s a decent chance this is just news management.

tlg86 said:

Pulpstar said:

They didn't because there weren't any realistic proposals, except crossing fingers and hoping that as the Eurozone economy improved the problem would ease itself. It wasn't because the politicians were stupid or incompetent, there was simply no solution other than leaving the EU and Single Market. (Of course it remains to be seen whether even that will make much difference - I suspect not a huge amount, but we shall see.)
    Okay, but if we abolished working tax credits, removed the right to be housed in London and South East etc., I'd have taken that in exchange for staying in the EU.
  • Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    Pulpstar said:

He's certifiable......
    Tom Clancy wrote a novel were the USA precipitated a shooting war in the Far East by starting a Trade War first. I would suspect that Trump thinks that novel is a policy document except he was challenged once about whether he had ever read a book :D

Nonetheless, do not worry - Trump will give the UK a great FTA... apparently. IIRC, he cannot wait to do deals with us.
    Does anyone know about the detail of Trump's steel tarrif ?
    Is it just raw steel or stuff made from steel ?
    Sean_F said:

Pulpstar said:

He's certifiable......
    Wait till he tweets his decision to bomb North Korea.
    Do not forget Ronald Reagan's famous radio broadcast about bombing Russia. What a cuddly, old curmudgeon he was.
    Sean_F said:

The drawback with having an immensely expensive seafront property in South Hams is that you will be regularly flooded, every Spring.

WRT pubs in the area, I'd recommend the Tradesman's Arms, Stokenham, the Waterman's Arms, Tuckenhay, and the Tower Inn, Slapton.
    Agree on those three (although I know people who have had very underwhelming meals at The Tower Inn recenly, which I haven't found, but it is a warning). The Beach House at South Milton is also a good 'un for food. The Steam Packet in Kingswear does excellent thin and crispy pizzas.
    tlg86 said:

Okay, but if we abolished working tax credits, removed the right to be housed in London and South East etc., I'd have taken that in exchange for staying in the EU.

I don't think you could direct where people live (and certainly we couldn't as EU members). Reforming working tax credits might have helped a bit at the margin, although politically difficult to do, but I don't think it would have made much difference to the numbers. EU migrants were and are coming here because there are lots of jobs, our job market is dynamic, they want to improve their English, and there were/are few opportunities at home.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    Pulpstar said:

Does Trump know the difference?
  • RogerRoger Posts: 18,891

On topic, it seems to me that the snow is like Brexit. How wonderful you think it is depends largely on whether you have to go to work in it.

It also causes havoc and can be turned into balls

Pulpstar said:

Does Trump know the difference?
    I have no idea, but we make stuff from steel. I'm sure the likes of BMW will be keen to find out too...
    edited March 2018

The canal appears to be fine. Surely narrowboats have no issues with it?
    ydoethur said:

The canal appears to be fine. Surely narrowboats have no issues with it?

ydoethur said:

And of course being a seawater canal it is less likely to freeze - unlike much of the canal network at the moment. Well done Devon.
    Where's the new thread gone???

Where's the new thread gone???

Buried in a snowdrift. Get shovelling!
    Mr. Rentool, there never was a new thread. The General Secretary resigned of his own volition. There is no conflict within the Conservatives/Labour/Darth Vader's conscience.
  • NEW THREAD

This discussion has been closed.