Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Moving the dial. How Britain swung last year

Comments

• Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
  • Options
    MTimT2MTimT2 Posts: 48
    edited March 2018

John_M said:

kle4 said:

JWisemann said:

Still waiting for someone to explain how an attack with a supposedly extremely powerful nerve agent has so far yet to have killed a single person.

Well, being discovered just six miles from one of the best facilities in the world for dealing with nerve agents might have helped.

How lies the snow in Moscow, comrade? Or can you not see outside from your troll farm bunker?
    I doubt the proximity to Porton Down helped the two initial victims much, at least initially.

It's much more likely to be incompetent delivery. If you remember the Litvinenko (sp?) case, the agents who delivered it were utterly incompetent, and it took them a couple of goes - and in the process they left a radioactive trail across London.

IAAAFFBAEAIIPTG, but may the chemical have been inexpertly delivered, so they got a sub-lethal dose?
    Indeed, incompetent delivery could happen. Of all the silly conspiracy theory bollocks out there, the idea it cannot have been Russia because it hasn’t yet succeeded is among the stupidest. Governments, intelligence agencies and operatives never cock up do they? What a load of horseshit.

Perhaps it was not Russia, despite the targets and the method making suspicion reasonable, but ‘they didn’t succeed (yet)’ is bloody idiotic as reasoning for why it couldn’t be them.
    Nerve agents aren't designed to be conveniently applied to individual targets. Like the Litvinenko killing, the weapon is as interesting as the object.
    I know we're used to things like Sarin which are designed to be spread widely, but why can't you have a nerve agent designed to apply to individual targets?
    We do, it's called botox and it is used in cosmetic surgery routinely and less frequently in the treatment of muscular spasm disorders ... Or saxitoxin used in anesthaesia.

For an assassin's weapons, it would not take too much effort to create an effective delivery means, but it gets increasingly more difficult as the subject is more unwilling and more so again if you want the deliverer to go unnoticed and complete delivery unharmed himself or herself.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,209
    nielh said:

As I predicted when he started. He didn't last long.

Mind you no one else does either.
    Guess this means the lunatics are running the asylum.

There's still a couple of Generals trying to keep things under control. Doubt they will last long either.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,896
    Well that was pretty boring in terms of detail, although the Chancellor did have a few jokes and political jibes at those on the other side of the House.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    So, blame Russia, fired before 8am the next morning.

We probably can't expect too much support from the EU either, given the gas supply situation.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,209
    John McD talking about Tory bully boys.

Irony is finally dead and buried.
  • Options
    McIRA having a go at the government for not cutting the deficit fast enough. Is he smoking crack?
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,586
    As I predicted, the BBC is covering the Telford case - just a bit more slowly than the newspaper which has already been investigating for 18 months:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-43385049
  • Options
    OBR teeing themselves up to be absolutely miles off here.

They have not forecast any major changes in borrowing as a result of government in any years, and none for 2017/18 makes sense, as we are much too late for that.

Their forecast for 2017/18 amounts to a suggestion that whilst the first ten months of the year have been lower than last year, and receipts among the best ever, February and March will be some of the worst months for the Exchequer in years. I do not believe it for a moment.

In respect of other years, they say this: "On the receipts side, relatively little of the higher 2017-18 starting point is assumed to persist, as most of the unexpected strength in SA income tax and onshore corporation tax appears to reflect timing changes rather than genuinely higher underlying liabilities." If true that would be interesting, but I have not seen the detail.

• Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    MTimT2 said:

John_M said:

kle4 said:

JWisemann said:

Still waiting for someone to explain how an attack with a supposedly extremely powerful nerve agent has so far yet to have killed a single person.

Well, being discovered just six miles from one of the best facilities in the world for dealing with nerve agents might have helped.

How lies the snow in Moscow, comrade? Or can you not see outside from your troll farm bunker?
    I doubt the proximity to Porton Down helped the two initial victims much, at least initially.

It's much more likely to be incompetent delivery. If you remember the Litvinenko (sp?) case, the agents who delivered it were utterly incompetent, and it took them a couple of goes - and in the process they left a radioactive trail across London.

IAAAFFBAEAIIPTG, but may the chemical have been inexpertly delivered, so they got a sub-lethal dose?
    Indeed, incompetent delivery could happen. Of all the silly conspiracy theory bollocks out there, the idea it cannot have been Russia because it hasn’t yet succeeded is among the stupidest. Governments, intelligence agencies and operatives never cock up do they? What a load of horseshit.

Perhaps it was not Russia, despite the targets and the method making suspicion reasonable, but ‘they didn’t succeed (yet)’ is bloody idiotic as reasoning for why it couldn’t be them.
    Nerve agents aren't designed to be conveniently applied to individual targets. Like the Litvinenko killing, the weapon is as interesting as the object.
    I know we're used to things like Sarin which are designed to be spread widely, but why can't you have a nerve agent designed to apply to individual targets?
    We do, it's called botox and it is used in cosmetic surgery routinely and less frequently in the treatment of muscular spasm disorders ... Or saxitoxin used in anesthaesia.

For an assassin's weapons, it would not take too much effort to create an effective delivery means, but it gets increasingly more difficult as the subject is more unwilling and more so again if you want the deliverer to go unnoticed and complete delivery unharmed himself or herself.
    Choose one's poison. They're everywhere in nature, including the herbaceous border
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-29949698

The suspected killer of Markov 1978 only emerged after 35 years, so he may still go to his grave legally an innocent person: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9949856/Prime-suspect-in-Georgi-Markov-umbrella-poison-murder-tracked-down-to-Austria.html

That was 'only' the Bulgarian secret service in action, not the KGB.
  • Options
    So Brexit neither creating a "bonus" nor a trade problem. Boring middle ground indeed.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    Will the last sensible person in trumps cabinet please remember to turn the lights off....
  • Options
    Hammond absolutely nails John McDonnell on bullying.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,847

So Brexit neither creating a "bonus" nor a trade problem. Boring middle ground indeed.
    Hardly. We’re predicting another five years of near stagnation. Does 1.3%, 1.4% even keep up with population growth?

Growth suddenly slowed in Q2 2016, apparently. I wonder why.
  • Options
    http://cdn.obr.uk/EFO-MaRch_2018.pdf

Page 18 details our "divorce bill" at £37.1bn, including £16.4bn in contributions to the budget until 2020, i.e. until we actually leave.

The rest, c.£20bn is really for the withdrawal.

That is what the Government told us but some doubted...
  • Options
    ElliotElliot Posts: 1,516
    I can't think of any plausibke explanation for this other than Trump being blackmailed.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,057
    Elliot said:

I can't think of any plausibke explanation for this other than Trump being blackmailed.
    What’s your explanation for Steve Bannon supporting the Front National?
  • Options

Will the last sensible person in trumps cabinet please remember to turn the lights off....

I believe Ben Carson is still hanging on as Secretary of Housing.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,277

£45bn???

The OBR have gone nuts.

Completely confused by that. Should have been nearer £39bn.
  • Options

twitter.com/johannabarr/status/973542436000628736

Given trump previous statements on terrorists that was probably a positive factor in her hiring not a negative.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    That's one of those stats that looks clever but really isn't. We'd have been delighted with those figures in 2008-2012.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    DavidL said:

£45bn???

The OBR have gone nuts.

Completely confused by that. Should have been nearer £39bn.
    They're just wrong.

There are no methodological changes (see p.98) and no new spending commitments.
  • Options

Wow, Tillerson was just about the last adult left in the White House.
  • Options
    There won't be this time either. 2018 will exceed 1.5% for a start.
  • Options

I believe Ben Carson is still hanging on as Secretary of Housing.
    He has his ideas...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/05/ben-carson-egyptian-pyramids-were-grain-stores-not-pharoahs-tombs
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

That's one of those stats that looks clever but really isn't. We'd have been delighted with those figures in 2008-2012.
    No doubt, during the Great Depression, too.
    Depends how low a bar you want to set.

It’s rather odd to be so lacklustre given the strength of our peers and trading partners.
  • Options

twitter.com/JohnCassidy/status/973547900725792768

twitter.com/RupertMyers/status/973548545763610624

That stone / wikileaks story has been previously reported no?
  • Options
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,115
    Boaty McBoatface survives its first big test:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-43378290
  • Options
    JonathanDJonathanD Posts: 2,400
    tlg86 said:

Growth in 2010 to 2012 was better than that.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:
    Yup, it was the first reason I turned against Mrs May.
  • Options

MTimT2 said:

John_M said:

kle4 said:

Choose one's poison. They're everywhere in nature, including the herbaceous border
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-29949698

The suspected killer of Markov 1978 only emerged after 35 years, so he may still go to his grave legally an innocent person: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9949856/Prime-suspect-in-Georgi-Markov-umbrella-poison-murder-tracked-down-to-Austria.html

That was 'only' the Bulgarian secret service in action, not the KGB.
    Delphinium is one of my favorite flowers too!

All the best neurotoxins are from nature - evolution is still the best inventor, whether it is medicines, biotech tools or weapons you are after.
  • Options
    JonathanD said:

tlg86 said:

But was 2008 to 2012 more or less than the (I can't do compound interest in my head) 7.0% forecast by the OBR?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,991
    Just a week ago Pompeo dismissed claims Putin did not interfere in the 2016 election.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/cia-chief-pompeo-slams-putin-election-meddling-claim-false-article-1.3868366

If anything he will be even more anti Putin than Tillerson, Tillerson at least had had previous business dealings in Russia

• Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    To be fair, few of us would expect to keep our jobs in the long term after being known publicly to consider our boss to be a fucking moron.
  • Options
    Rex Tillerson is the son of Patty Sue and Bobby Joe. How all-American is that?

Anyway, Trump has now lost Big Oil....
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

JonathanD said:

tlg86 said:

But was 2008 to 2012 more or less than the (I can't do compound interest in my head) 7.0% forecast by the OBR?
    No but my point is 2010 to 2012 felt pretty bad economically and the average growth rate then was slightly faster than what is being forecast for the next 5 years.
  • Options

Kelly, Mattis and McMaster are said to have a pact - one goes, the lot go. If true, and if exercised, I think that would be real implosion time for the Administration and wet knickers time for the GOP.
  • Options
    That’s superb. Amis could not have done better in his pomp.
  • Options
    JonathanD said:

tlg86 said:

JonathanD said:

tlg86 said:

No but my point is 2010 to 2012 felt pretty bad economically and the average growth rate then was slightly faster than what is being forecast for the next 5 years.
    It felt bad because inflation was quite high. A litre of diesel went from £1.00 to £1.40.
  • Options

To be fair, few of us would expect to keep our jobs in the long term after being known publicly to consider our boss to be a fucking moron.

How long do you given Sir Alan Duncan given that a few months ago it was revealed he thinks his boss, Boris Johnson, is a c*nt.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

tlg86 said:

It’s rather odd to be so lacklustre given the strength of our peers and trading partners.
    It's not just odd, its wrong. Its so wrong that you can't help think the OBR has been lent on so Hammond can have more days like today when he exceeds expectations. It also takes the pressure off to spend much more money too (or at least May and Hammond will think it does). It's delusional because people don't pay that close attention.

These forecasts will look silly in 8 days when we get the February deficit figure and it becomes obvious that the out turn will be significantly lower than £45bn. The next day we will get the upward revisal of GDP for 2017. In April we will get Q1 of 2018 which I would guess will be 0.4 or 0.5%. And so on and so forth.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:
    Clearly a key player in the Administration:

"In his role in the White House, McEntee did tasks such as giving the president messages and making sure the clocks were correctly set for daylight-saving time."
  • Options
    tpfkartpfkar Posts: 1,546
    That is really low politics from Putin and Trump to overshadow Big Phil Hammond's spring statement by attempted assassination / sacking Tillerson. Sounds like collusion to me...
  • Options
    DavidL said:

tlg86 said:

It's not just odd, its wrong. Its so wrong that you can't help think the OBR has been lent on so Hammond can have more days like today when he exceeds expectations. It also takes the pressure off to spend much more money too (or at least May and Hammond will think it does). It's delusional because people don't pay that close attention.

These forecasts will look silly in 8 days when we get the February deficit figure and it becomes obvious that the out turn will be significantly lower than £45bn. The next day we will get the upward revisal of GDP for 2017. In April we will get Q1 of 2018 which I would guess will be 0.4 or 0.5%. And so on and so forth.
    But Phil won't get to announce that he has exceed expectations for 2017/18!
  • Options
    tpfkar said:

That is really low politics from Putin and Trump to overshadow Big Phil Hammond's spring statement by attempted assassination / sacking Tillerson. Sounds like collusion to me...

It's all the Finchley Road people
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,328

Page 18 details our "divorce bill" at £37.1bn, including £16.4bn in contributions to the budget until 2020, i.e. until we actually leave.

Exactly.

As I've said before, there's a lot of bullshit spoken about Brexit on here.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Exactly.

I'm just trying to unpick if the OBR has had to accept any of the government's say so on this.

Edit: not very much of it, indeed it is very slightly lower than the Treasury (page 215 and following)
  • Options

Indeed. But if we applied that test there would be no moderating influences left in the White House at all.

I am wondering if the timing has to do with Trump's intentions for the North Korean negotiations. If so, bad news indeed.
  • Options

DavidL said:

tlg86 said:

He'll think he can do that in the budget. But he is undoubtedly politically inept. As bad as his boss in that department. The Tories have gone from the most politically astute (sometimes admittedly overly so in that they played silly games) to the least politically astute leadership in a very short period of time. I'm not liking the change much.
  • Options
    MTimT2 said:

Indeed. But if we applied that test there would be no moderating influences left in the White House at all.

I am wondering if the timing has to do with Trump's intentions for the North Korean negotiations. If so, bad news indeed.
    Or just because Trump feels more self-confident after securing a foreign policy win in his terms and has decided he’ll do it his way?
  • Options
    MTimT2 said:

tlg86 said:

"In his role in the White House, McEntee did tasks such as giving the president messages and making sure the clocks were correctly set for daylight-saving time."
    Then why the need not to even come back in to get his coat???
  • Options
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

tlg86 said:

He'll think he can do that in the budget. But he is undoubtedly politically inept. As bad as his boss in that department. The Tories have gone from the most politically astute (sometimes admittedly overly so in that they played silly games) to the least politically astute leadership in a very short period of time. I'm not liking the change much.
    George Osborne failed to correct the record when we [didn't] have a double dip recession, a time which the newspaper still report as having happened when in fact it didn't.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,926
    Wait, wasn't the chap a former Russian spy :o ?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,419
    edited March 2018
    Pulpstar said:

Technically he was both wasn't he.

A bit like Roger Hollis, Tom Driberg, and Harold Wilson.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,931
    How very Jeremy Corbyn.

But Trump gets a free pass from the Brexit loons because he put a Churchill bust in the Oval Office. Imagine if Barack Obama had imposed trade sanctions on the UK and then failed to condemn a Russian attack on British soil. There would have been uproar.

• Options

twitter.com/atrupar/status/973553670892802050

Surprised he didn’t say there was blame on both sides...
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

No, I think the POTUS is a current agent...
  • Options
    On one level, it's remarkable that King Tillerson got as far as he did in the USA....

He must have given mere President Trump an inferiority complex.
  • Options

MTimT2 said:

tlg86 said:

Perhaps his jokes were *really* bad ... ?

"I'll get my coat..."

"...no, you won't."
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,991

How very Jeremy Corbyn.

But Trump gets a free pass from the Brexit loons because he put a Churchill bust in the Oval Office. Imagine if Barack Obama had imposed trade sanctions on the UK and then failed to condemn a Russian attack on British soil. There would have been uproar.

There is no clear evidence yet Trump will not exempt us from trade sanctions as he has done with Australia and unlike Obama who said we would be 'at the back of the queue' for any trade deal post Brexit Trump has said we will be at the front.

Trump has also appointed Mike Pompeo as his new Secretary of State who has a history of a tough anti Kremlin line and even Trump himself has said the US will condemn Russia if proved they were responsible for te attack, even May has said it was 'likely' they were responsible but not as yet confirmed
  • Options
    AlsoIndigoAlsoIndigo Posts: 1,852

MTimT2 said:

tlg86 said:

I thought the implication in the article was that staff had been operating on an interim security clearance, and the full clearance had just come (or failed to come) through.

I imagine if someone was working in the Cabinet Office and was suddenly found to have failed his vetting he would be out the door pretty sharply, possibly even precipitously depending on the reason of the failure.
  • Options

How very Jeremy Corbyn.

To be fair, I don’t think there are many Trumpers on here.

Although there are many who don’t realise just how similar Trumpery and Brexiteering are.

Seriously, can anyone remember the last time a US President so conspicuously failed to support us in public? We really are in new geopolitidal waters and the U.K. is going to have to figure out what it is for, and who it’s allies are.

This ain’t Kansas anymore.
  • Options

Exactly.

I'm just trying to unpick if the OBR has had to accept any of the government's say so on this.

Edit: not very much of it, indeed it is very slightly lower than the Treasury (page 215 and following)
    The OBR future payments is based on the Governments estimate of what it will pay

"On future financial flows and the financial settlement terms described in the joint report published by the UK Government and the European Union on progress during phase one of the Article 50 negotiations, the Government directed us to the Chancellor’s letter to the Treasury Select Committee of 24 January 2018 setting out the Treasury’s estimate of the total cost of the settlement. "
  • Options

How very Jeremy Corbyn.

Although there are many who don’t realise just how similar Trumpery and Brexiteering are.

Seriously, can anyone remember the last time a US President so conspicuously failed to support us in public? We really are in new geopolitidal waters and the U.K. is going to have to figure out what it is for, and who it’s allies are.

Eisenhower and our adventure in the Suez canal might be the last time a US President failed to support us publicly.

I think we're used to very pro UK Presidents in recent times, such as Reagan and Weinberger offering to loan us an Aircraft Carrier during the Falklands.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,931
    HYUFD said:

How very Jeremy Corbyn.

There is no clear evidence yet Trump will not exempt us from trade sanctions as he has done with Australia and unlike Obama who said we would be 'at the back of the queue' for any trade deal post Brexit Trump has said we will be at the front.

Trump has also appointed Mike Pompeo as his new Secretary of State who has a history of a tough anti Kremlin line and even Trump himself has said the US will condemn Russia if proved they were responsible for te attack, even May has said it was 'likely' they were responsible but not as yet confirmed

Of course. And there are no American tanks in Baghdad.

The Russians launch an attack on British soil. The US president has yet to speak to our PM about it, having recently imposed trade sanctions on the UK. If Obama had acted in the same way there would have been uproar.

• Options
    This is going to need a real response from the government.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/973559988412125185
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Cameron, of course, did point out the security risks implied by Brexit.

All of a sudden, it’s not a good time to be giving two fingers up to our European allies. Putin is testing NATO, and we can be pretty sure we can’t count on the US so long as Trump is at the controls.

Cameron was widely deplored by the PB armchair gang for scaremongering.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,304

How very Jeremy Corbyn.

Well quite. Tears were shed on here when Obama merely warned that creating a new US/UK trade deal would be a protracted process - never mind ripping apart the arrangements we already have.
  • Options
    Rex Tillerson should sue Trump for unfair/constructive dismissal.
  • Options
    Trump is such a shitbag.
    Who in their right mind would work for him or deal with him?
  • Options
    JonathanD said:

Exactly.

The OBR future payments is based on the Governments estimate of what it will pay

"On future financial flows and the financial settlement terms described in the joint report published by the UK Government and the European Union on progress during phase one of the Article 50 negotiations, the Government directed us to the Chancellor’s letter to the Treasury Select Committee of 24 January 2018 setting out the Treasury’s estimate of the total cost of the settlement. "
    Where does it say that?

Most of the references in the annex are to the joint report.
  • Options
    ... I thought he was told on Friday...?
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,983
    Good afternoon, everyone.

Mr. Walker, both the UK and EU, before this nerve agent incident occurred, both said they wanted to maintain intelligence and security co-operation.
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038

Trump is such a shitbag.
    Who in their right mind would work for him or deal with him?
    Other shitbags? I can think of a UK minister who'd be highly qualified.
  • Options

Are there any? I mean, I'm prepared to give Trump a chance to see how his approach on North Korea plays out, because at least it seems to be getting more traction than 8 years of Obama. But its a huge leap from that to saying I'm a Trumper. I find virtually every other aspect of his existence just plain objectionable.

Brexit does not owe its existence to President Donald Trump. It may owe much more to the tin-eared efforts of "back of the queue" Obama - although All Out War suggests that George Osborne may have had a hand in that little episode.....

• Options
    That's Trump spin apparently.
  • Options

JonathanD said:

Exactly.

Where does it say that?

Most of the references in the annex are to the joint report.
    That's from bottom of page 1 of the foreword. The graph of net payments over time on p18 is also good.
  • Options
    Question....why is putin so keen on nerve agents to knock off former agents? Why not just have them shot, stabbed or abducted and tortured etc?

Is it to cause as big a scene as possible? Maximum suffering of the victim?
  • Options
    Just another Trump lie.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Good afternoon, everyone.

Mr. Walker, both the UK and EU, before this nerve agent incident occurred, both said they wanted to maintain intelligence and security co-operation.

Like all the Brexiters, you’re failing to account for the critical importance soft power.

Of course we will retain those formal arrangements. But formal agreements - even NATO - ultimately rely on sentiment and willing.

Brexit - and certainly the way we have gone about it - is about destroying goodwill and trust.
    Again, very similar to Trumpism in that respect.
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,995

How very Jeremy Corbyn.

Eisenhower and our adventure in the Suez canal might be the last time a US President failed to support us publicly.

I think we're used to very pro UK Presidents in recent times, such as Reagan and Weinberger offering to loan us an Aircraft Carrier during the Falklands.
    Don't get too excited. It was only the USS Iwo Jima not a Nimitz CVN.
  • Options

Question....why is putin so keen on nerve agents to knock off former agents? Why not just have them shot, stabbed or abducted and tortured etc?

Is it to cause as big a scene as possible? Maximum suffering of the victim?

Why kill a retired, pardoned spy at all unless you want to send a message ?
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658

How very Jeremy Corbyn.

Is it possible that what we are seeing here is evidence that the U.K. is no longer routinely sharing sensitive intelligence with the US because of a fear that to do so might represent a security risk (or at least only sharing on condition that it isn’t shown to the White House)? See previous instances post terrorist incidents. After all in this sort of situation you wouldn’t expect governments to automatically accept the analysis of others without doing their own assessment. However the US would normally have almost exactly the same access as the U.K. and would therefore usually be expected to draw their own conclusions. However if we are not sharing intelligence with the White House then they could be completely in the dark.

• Options

How very Jeremy Corbyn.

More recently than Suez, Wilson refused to get involved with America's little Vietnam adventure.
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,715

HYUFD said:

How very Jeremy Corbyn.

Of course. And there are no American tanks in Baghdad.

The Russians launch an attack on British soil. The US president has yet to speak to our PM about it, having recently imposed trade sanctions on the UK. If Obama had acted in the same way there would have been uproar.

Come on give Trump a chance to weigh all the evidence before coming to a well thought out rational response - this is, of course, what he is known for.
This discussion has been closed.