Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » You can’t fault Corbyn’s ambition in going to Trafford to laun

13»

Comments

• Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    rcs1000 said:

FF43 said:

Companies will tend to overstate job losses when they want the government to do something but understate job losses when actually carrying them out.

I think there's truth in that. If firms reduce their London footprint, they won't boast of it.
    True, however, there is little to no evidence that jobs are being lost. Speaking from my own experience it's been very easy so far and that three open positions that need to be filled by someone.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,052

FF43 said:

London's homicide rate was 1.6 per 100 000 in 2011, so presumably similar in 2017 on your figures
    Chicago's homicide rate was 24 per 100 000 in 2017.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/nov/30/new-york-crime-free-day-deadliest-cities-worldwide

I'm surprised Minsk is the worst in Europe.
    For a while, Bodmin was number 3 in the UK.
    Actually scratch my original comment. I didn't see Tallinn above it, which is even more surprising to me.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095

'Next Labour leader must be a woman, says Harriet Harman' (BBC)

So Catwoman v Short-Trousers it is then.

And what of the transgenders?
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387
    rcs1000 said:

FF43 said:

Companies will tend to overstate job losses when they want the government to do something but understate job losses when actually carrying them out.

I think there's truth in that. If firms reduce their London footprint, they won't boast of it.
    The announced job losses are almost exactly what Morgan Stanley said they would be ten months ago, which was probably when they were "positioning"
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,938
    MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

FF43 said:

True, however, there is little to no evidence that jobs are being lost. Speaking from my own experience it's been very easy so far and that three open positions that need to be filled by someone.
    I'm not particularly close to this anymore, but it would be interesting to track financial situations vacant numbers in London, Paris and Frankfurt. I may see what I can do...
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387
    rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

FF43 said:

I'm not particularly close to this anymore, but it would be interesting to track financial situations vacant numbers in London, Paris and Frankfurt. I may see what I can do...
    I think the hiring situation situation, in terms of pull factor, will go from "unparalleled in Europe" to merely "good"
  • Options

NEW THREAD

This discussion has been closed.