Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Introducing my 270/1 shot to win WH2020 – Colorado Governor Jo

Comments

• Options
    Roger said:

If...IF this turned out to be wrong info from the government albeit because our intelligence services -oxymoron alert- got it wrong again I would guess May would have to resign pronto!
    Corbyn was right on the IRA and invading Iraq, now he'll be proven right about the poisoning.

He's going to win a landslide in 2022.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,187

Once upon a time watching at home I was very please to get the "what links these four things?" after one option, "Combined English Universities"...

Cricket teams?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,943

Roger said:

If...IF this turned out to be wrong info from the government albeit because our intelligence services -oxymoron alert- got it wrong again I would guess May would have to resign pronto!
    Corbyn was right on the IRA and invading Iraq, now he'll be proven right about the poisoning.

There is nothing whatsoever in this new 'evidence' that disputes the Russians did it
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    HYUFD said:

Roger said:

There is nothing whatsoever in this new 'evidence' that disputes the Russians did it
    ""We were able to identify it as novichok, to identify that it was military-grade nerve agent......

"He said establishing its origin required "other inputs", some of them intelligence-based, that the Government has access to....."we identified that it is from this particular family and that it is a military grade, but it is not our job to say where it was manufactured."

• Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,244

Once upon a time watching at home I was very please to get the "what links these four things?" after one option, "Combined English Universities"...

Is that like word association football?
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    HYUFD said:

Roger said:

Mossad would be funnier, especially if there is a GoPro in Guido's office.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300

They'd be a good subject for a documentary imo.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,962
    edited April 2018

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

""We were able to identify it as novichok, to identify that it was military-grade nerve agent......

"He said establishing its origin required "other inputs", some of them intelligence-based, that the Government has access to....."we identified that it is from this particular family and that it is a military grade, but it is not our job to say where it was manufactured."

Is there much non military grade Novichok kicking about?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

Though I would suggest Mossad had slightly less motive for assassinating a defected former Russian agent than the FSB
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

If anything this is the confirmation that a miltary grade nerve agent only able to be produced by a nation state was used for the first time in Europe and specifically in the UK
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

Roger said:

"In 1993, the U.S. Congress Office of Technology Assessment WMD proliferation assessment recorded Israel as a country generally reported as having undeclared offensive chemical warfare capabilities."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

It's all coming together.
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419
    TOPPING said:

Pulpstar said:

Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

Foxy said:

Danny565 said:

Nadine Dorries won't be appearing on Have I Got News for You again:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43630295

I think Nadine has a point, the rather overused format of panel shows does seem hard on women. It suits more the testosterone charged banter of male comedians. Very few comedians can cope with Hislop or Merton either.
    Though he plays the fool in HIGNFY, Paul Merton is actually one of the quickest and most intelligent wits about though, I didn't realise just how fast he was till I fancied a change from R5L and listened to "Just a Minute" on the way home the last few months. As you say (And I think for him in particular) there aren't many comedians of either sex that can keep up.
    I think Victoria Coren is one of the better ones (of either sex) at keeping up Hislop and Merton, of the episodes I've seen in the last few years. Jo Brand is usually good too.
    That new quiz she does is fiendishly difficult.
    I applied to go on that. Our team (codesmiths) were rejected, probably for getting too many answers right while providing too little entertainment. To say the auditions were low-tech is an understatement: we had to 'buzz' in using an unloaded stapler.

One question I remember: what is fourth in this sequence: 3125; ?
    13?
    :smile:
    No.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Roger said:

So where in this evidence is there to show Russia did it?
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,799

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

Mossad did the 9/11 attack, so why wouldn't they do this?
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Pulpstar said:

Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

Foxy said:

Danny565 said:

I think Nadine has a point, the rather overused format of panel shows does seem hard on women. It suits more the testosterone charged banter of male comedians. Very few comedians can cope with Hislop or Merton either.
    Though he plays the fool in HIGNFY, Paul Merton is actually one of the quickest and most intelligent wits about though, I didn't realise just how fast he was till I fancied a change from R5L and listened to "Just a Minute" on the way home the last few months. As you say (And I think for him in particular) there aren't many comedians of either sex that can keep up.
    I think Victoria Coren is one of the better ones (of either sex) at keeping up Hislop and Merton, of the episodes I've seen in the last few years. Jo Brand is usually good too.
    I applied to go on that. Our team (codesmiths) were rejected, probably for getting too many answers right while providing too little entertainment. To say the auditions were low-tech is an understatement: we had to 'buzz' in using an unloaded stapler.

Also no (wrong number in the wrong sequence - the fourth in yours would be 25, I think?)
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

LOL!!

Roger said:

I'd give him the ballon d'or as well.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387
    tlg86 said:

Cricket teams?
    Next clue then, Westminster...
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,251
    edited April 2018

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

Suggest you address that to the privy council
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,844
    Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

Foxy said:

Danny565 said:

Unlike most panel shows, HIGNFY is pretty tightly scripted from the presenter’s point of view, although good ad-lib skills are clearly also required. It’s one of those things that lots of people think they’ll be good at, but very few are.

The standard comedy panel show is so popular because it’s really cheap to make - a studio, a set and half a dozen performers who only cost a few hundred quid a day. Most of them need minimum prep and work on the basis that you record much more material than you need then edit it all down later. The outtakes reel from Mock the Week is one of the funniest things I’ve ever watched, they had to record a lot more than they ever needed because most of the jokes were unbroadcastable!
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

They are the only ones really capable of producing it and with the motive to assassinate a defected former Russian agent
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Pulpstar said:

Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

Foxy said:

Danny565 said:

13?
    No.
    Well, if I may beg to differ, on that information it could be!
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Roger said:

"In 1993, the U.S. Congress Office of Technology Assessment WMD proliferation assessment recorded Israel as a country generally reported as having undeclared offensive chemical warfare capabilities."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

It's all coming together.
    Yup, as we saw with the King David Hotel bombing Zionists have no problems killing British citizens to achieve their goal.
  • Options

Ishmael_Z said:

Pulpstar said:

Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

Foxy said:

Danny565 said:

Also no (wrong number in the wrong sequence - the fourth in yours would be 25, I think?)
    I thought it was a trick question - 5 being the 4th of the four numerals 3125.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

They are the only ones really capable of producing it and with the motive to assassinate a defected former Russian agent
    You've never heard of false flag operations? Look up the Zinoviev letter, the Tories and their allies have form for using bullshit about Russia to harm Labour

So what makes Mrs May say the Russians were behind it but Porton Down doesn't back her.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Pulpstar said:

Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

Foxy said:

Danny565 said:

13?
    No.
    It could be many things based on the revealed information. But it isn't. (Someone on our team did get it within the 45 seconds and off just the one clue given).
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Pulpstar said:

Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

Foxy said:

Danny565 said:

13?
    No.
    It could be many things based on the revealed information. But it isn't. (Someone on our team did get it within the 45 seconds and off just the one clue given).
    17?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

You've never heard of false flag operations? Look up the Zinoviev letter, the Tories and their allies have form for using bullshit about Russia to harm Labour

So what makes Mrs May say the Russians were behind it but Porton Down doesn't back her.
    So now you are backing Corbynite conspiracy theories that it was all MI5? Final nail in the coffin for your claim to be a Tory I think!
  • Options

tlg86 said:

Cricket teams?
    No - Combined English Universities was a constituency from 1918-50 (I think). It's obviously political but I can't get a specific link from that to Westminster. i don't know if anyone famous represented CEU (and am not checking because that'd be cheating).
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Pulpstar said:

Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

Foxy said:

Danny565 said:

13?
    No.
    17?
    I'm intrigued as to your working but you're not getting any closer.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

You are not doing justice to the statement from Porton Down. They clearly identified the military nerve agent as only able to be produced by a nation state and that to identify the source the government use other sources not available to them.

The privy council will be in possession of this information and TM will have acted on it.

• Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

So now you are backing Corbynite conspiracy theories that it was all MI5? Final nail in the coffin for your claim to be a Tory I think!
    MI6, they lied over Iraq.

Remember when they pulled someone's thesis off the interweb and said it was actionable intelligence.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Pulpstar said:

Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

Foxy said:

Danny565 said:

13?
    No.
    17?
    I'm intrigued as to your working but you're not getting any closer.
    No that was posted too soon so was a shocker, sorry!!

I didn't edit - actually it was 1.416667 but that is hardly likely to be right!

The first one was simple subtracting six each time (starting from 31). The second is saying three numbers: 3, 12, 5 - and saying 2nd number = (first number) x (third number) - (first number).
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

Remember when they pulled someone's thesis off the interweb and said it was actionable intelligence.
    Are you genuinely questioning the action of the government
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

You are not doing justice to the statement from Porton Down. They clearly identified the military nerve agent as only able to be produced by a nation state and that to identify the source the government use other sources not available to them.

The privy council will be in possession of this information and TM will have acted on it.

The same privy council that had members like Chris Huhne on it?

Yes, a very honourable organisation with the highest standards.

The war criminal Tony Blair is still a member of the Privy Council.
  • Options
    FYI - When in the next few years I'm running to be Prime Minister, the comments by me on this thread were a joke. I'm just trying to reel them in understand the mindset of the Corbynites.

It is important to know how the mind of the Corbynites work, when they work.
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,976

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

Pretty clear how the Corbynites will spin it
  • Options
    edited April 2018

FYI - When in the next few years I'm running to be Prime Minister, the comments by me on this thread were a joke. I'm just trying to reel them in understand the mindset of the Corbynites.

You should take a leaf out of HYUFD's book - in his/her mind he/she is the Conservative Hazel Blears of interviews.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,903

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

I'm afraid the actions of MI5 and the Blair Gov't over Iraq mean that statements we ought to be able to take as the perfect truth from the Gov't in matters of war and peace we may not be ble to do so.
    This was the real pernicious, vicious effect of the last Labour Gov't. No wonder the membership wanted to be as far rid as possible with Corbyn, who is obviously miles from Blair politically.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

If this stuff is a pure uncontaminated chemical (or if the only contaminants in the samples they have, are contaminants that they could have picked up in Salisbury) there is no way for Porton Down to know where it came from. Russian sodium chloride is no different from the French or Chinese or US versions. You could actually identify US table salt from the others because they tend to iodate it on public health grounds, but I doubt the Russians do that with novichok.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,109

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

I thought that was Alistair Campbell over the objections of the SIS.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

Indeed. Portion Down are the scientists, how would they know *where* something comes from? All they’ve said today is what the chemical is, which is what’s expected from them. Other intelligence agencies will know more about where the agent could have been produced.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,529

Only the Messiah would deny that he is the Messiah...
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

That's my point, if the SIS were a top organisation they'd have rebutted Campbell and Blair.

So how do we know they are resisting Mrs May's spin?
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

You should take a leaf out of HYUFD's book - in his/her mind he/she is the Conservative Hazel Blears of interviews.
    I've had him down as the Tory Comical Ali.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

ydoethur said:

That's my point, if the SIS were a top organisation they'd have rebutted Campbell and Blair.

The point being that they didn't endorse it. It was part of a briefing note by Campbell to journalists that later got reused as part of the government's case for war (which on its own shows how shaky a case it was).

So the SIS didn't 'lie' about somebody's PhD thesis as you claim. In fact they were the ones to disown it and Campbell had to officially deny apologising to them.

(I misread 'rebutted' as 'recruited,' which struck me as odd.)
  • Options

TOPPING said:

I've had him down as the Tory Comical Ali.
    There was a The Reunion about Basra, just recently. With several British Army commanders. V interesting to hear them explain the situation as it unfolded. Chemical Ali of course featured, but much more interesting was how they explained away the overall "result" there.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

The point being that they didn't endorse it. It was part of a briefing note by Campbell to journalists that later got reused as part of the government's case for war (which on its own shows how shaky a case it was).

So the SIS didn't 'lie' about somebody's PhD thesis as you claim.
    But they didn't rebut it, they were complicit in it. Had they informed the country about it then the march to war would have come to a shuddering halt.

As Ranger One put it, 'Half a truth is worse than a lie'
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,576
    Ishmael_Z said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

If this stuff is a pure uncontaminated chemical (or if the only contaminants in the samples they have, are contaminants that they could have picked up in Salisbury) there is no way for Porton Down to know where it came from. Russian sodium chloride is no different from the French or Chinese or US versions. You could actually identify US table salt from the others because they tend to iodate it on public health grounds, but I doubt the Russians do that with novichok.
    Quite. It’s not like a radioisotope where you could make an educated guess where it came from. There is very little/nothing to tell you where a chemical was made - other than the likely capabilities of the manufacturer.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited April 2018
    Sandpit said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

Indeed. Portion Down are the scientists, how would they know *where* something comes from? All they’ve said today is what the chemical is, which is what’s expected from them. Other intelligence agencies will know more about where the agent could have been produced.
    According to some cult members I saw on the Facebook, they couldn't do that, because this nerve agent was only ever produced in Russia and so it would be impossible for UK scientists to identify it...unless...unless....we had also secretly produced it and then who knows tried to kill the ex Russian spy...
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387
    edited April 2018

tlg86 said:

Cricket teams?
    No - Combined English Universities was a constituency from 1918-50 (I think). It's obviously political but I can't get a specific link from that to Westminster. i don't know if anyone famous represented CEU (and am not checking because that'd be cheating).
    If I told you Westminster was a constituency until 1918 you'll see you've actually got the answer at hand...

the other clues were Calais and Bermondsey - which is not really decreasing order of ease, to my mind.

• Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

Put. Down. The. Tinfoil.....
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,799

A creditable effort, but you ought to refer to Zionists as Zios, or Zionazis.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,811
    LOL, I see the Tories are caught out lying again, Boris the Buffoon categorically stated that Porton Down had proved the Novichok was from Russia and now we finds they have no clue at all. How long can these lying toerags remain in place.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

LOL, I see the Tories are caught out lying again, Boris the Buffoon categorically stated that Porton Down had proved the Novichok was from Russia and now we finds they have no clue at all. How long can these lying toerags remain in place.

Ian Blackford also said it was Russia.

Is he a Tory too?

https://www.ianblackford.scot/2018/03/skripal-attack-a-step-too-far-by-russia/
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961
    edited April 2018
    malcolmg said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/04/03/porton-scientists-have-not-verified-precise-source-nerve-agent/

I don't get this story. The headline is "Porton Down scientists 'have not verified the precise source' of nerve agent used in Salisbury spy attack", yet in the article it states:

"However, he said that “it is not our job” to determine precisely where the nerve agent, identified as belonging to the novichok family, was manufactured but he explained the work done at Porton Down formed part of the Government's wider intelligence picture. "

So what's the story? :p
  • Options
    JonnyJimmyJonnyJimmy Posts: 2,548
    ?
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Afternoon Malc - Porton Down confirm it is a military grade nerve agent only from a nation state and they affirmed that the identification of the source comes from other information available to the government.

If you have the quote where Boris said Porton Down has categorically stated that Porton Down have identified it as from Russia please provide the link

• Options
    edited April 2018
    malcolmg said:

That is Boris for you, and why he shouldn't be Foreign Secretary. It was almost as bad an idea as putting Chris Williamson on BBC News were he is making a total arse of himself and constantly contradicting himself and lying about his enemies.

What Porton Down said at the time that it was a military grade nerve agent, likely Novichok. They identified four countries that could produce it - us, at Porton Down itself, France, the US and Russia. They presumably(!) knew they hadn't done it. It seems a little unlikely France or the US did. That leaves Russia.

We all know Russia did it simply because not only does nobody else have means and motive, but they haven't bothered to deny it, seeking only to muddy pools and confuse matters. Indeed, one figure on Russian TV more or less admitted their guilt and positively gloried in it. But for some people the evidence will never be enough, just as the evidence against Richard III over the murder of his nephews or Hitler's guilt in the Holocaust is never quite proved for their apologists.
  • Options
    RobD said:

malcolmg said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/04/03/porton-scientists-have-not-verified-precise-source-nerve-agent/

I don't get this story. The headline is "Porton Down scientists 'have not verified the precise source' of nerve agent used in Salisbury spy attack", yet in the article it states:

"However, he said that “it is not our job” to determine precisely where the nerve agent, identified as belonging to the novichok family, was manufactured but he explained the work done at Porton Down formed part of the Government's wider intelligence picture. "

So what's the story? :p
    Exactly
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,899
    ydoethur said:

malcolmg said:

That is Boris for you, and why he shouldn't be Foreign Secretary. It was almost as bad an idea as putting Chris Williamson on BBC News were he is making a total arse of himself and constantly contradicting himself and lying about his enemies.

What Porton Down said at the time that it was a military grade nerve agent, likely Novichok. They identified four countries that could produce it - us, at Porton Down itself, France, the US and Russia. They presumably(!) knew they hadn't done it. It seems a little unlikely France or the US did. That leaves Russia.

We all know Russia did it simply because not only does nobody else have means and motive, but they haven't bothered to deny it, seeking only to muddy pools and confuse matters. Indeed, one figure on Russian TV more or less admitted their guilt and positively gloried in it. But for some people the evidence will never be enough, just as the evidence against Richard III over the murder of his nephews or Hitler's guilt in the Holocaust is never quite proved.
    There's also Litvinenko. They got away with using hideous weapons against someone in our country before, and did so in an incompetent manner that would be hilarious if it wasn't so serious.

They have form.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

malcolmg said:

We all know Russia did it simply because not only does nobody else have means and motive, but they haven't bothered to deny it, seeking only to muddy pools and confuse matters. Indeed, one figure on Russian TV more or less admitted their guilt and positively gloried in it. But for some people the evidence will never be enough, just as the evidence against Richard III over the murder of his nephews or Hitler's guilt in the Holocaust is never quite proved.
    There's also Litvinenko. They got away with using hideous weapons against someone in our country before, and did so in an incompetent manner that would be hilarious if it wasn't so serious.

They have form.
    That is a good point I should have added.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Ian Blackford also said it was Russia.

Is he a Tory too?

https://www.ianblackford.scot/2018/03/skripal-attack-a-step-too-far-by-russia/
    How stupid of him to believe the Tories
  • Options

Too late, the Tory membership know a Corbyn Putin sympathiser when they see one.

Your comments were more supportive of Corbyn than most Labour backbenchers are, let alone Tories
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Too late, the Tory membership know a Corbyn Putin sympathiser when they see one.

Your comments were more supportive of Corbyn than most Labour backbenchers are, let alone Tories
    You missed Daniel Kawczynski defending Putin then.
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    Has anyone linked to this article about the Jewdas event, which is a bit more wholesome than the Guido account.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/03/jeremy-corbyn-passover-jewdas-good-news
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,703

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

Can't you find any previous members of the Privy Council who did more than lie about a speeding ticket?
    Maybe Profumo or Stonehouse?
  • Options

ydoethur said:

malcolmg said:

They have form.
    Indeed. British Airways were less than happy that several thousand people got to fly on a radioactive aeroplane over a fortnight, before it was identified and pulled off the line for decontamination.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Afternoon Malc - Porton Down confirm it is a military grade nerve agent only from a nation state and they affirmed that the identification of the source comes from other information available to the government.

If you have the quote where Boris said Porton Down has categorically stated that Porton Down have identified it as from Russia please provide the link

http://www.dw.com/en/boris-johnson-russias-position-in-skripal-case-is-increasingly-bizarre/a-43043873
  • Options

Has anyone linked to this article about the Jewdas event, which is a bit more wholesome than the Guido account.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/03/jeremy-corbyn-passover-jewdas-good-news

It is only countered by the vile language and singing on the audio in the video which has not been played on the media
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

Can't you find any previous members of the Privy Council who did more than lie about a speeding ticket?
    There's the current Kipper Jonathan Aitken who committed perjury.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    edited April 2018

Pulpstar said:

Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

Foxy said:

Danny565 said:

4?

5^5, 4^4, 3^3, 2^2

EDIT - I see @JonnyJimmy has already got there. My best man is one of the Question Editors on the show.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

There's the current Kipper Jonathan Aitken who committed perjury.
    Profumo was stripped of his membership of the Privy Council by Macmillan.

Edit - and so was Aitken in 1997:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/politics97/news/06/0626/aitken.shtml
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

ydoethur said:

malcolmg said:

They have form.
    Indeed. British Airways were less than happy that several thousand people got to fly on a radioactive aeroplane over a fortnight, before it was identified and pulled off the line for decontamination.
    The same British Airways who put hundreds of people at risk so the MI6 could sneak agents into Iraqi occupied Kuwait?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Airways_Flight_149
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

http://www.dw.com/en/boris-johnson-russias-position-in-skripal-case-is-increasingly-bizarre/a-43043873
    His quote says Porton Down identified the nerve agent and then went into the other aspects that incriminate Russia. He did not say Porton Down identified Russia
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    People may find this article of interest re Privy Councillors:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21342555
  • Options
    edited April 2018

HYUFD said:

You missed Daniel Kawczynski defending Putin then.
    Daniel Kawczynski has never suggested it was an MI5 stitch up job, while he is also a staunch monarchist and unionist
  • Options
    I hesitate to say it but 'nothing has changed'
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Sandpit said:

ydoethur said:

malcolmg said:

They have form.
    The same British Airways who put hundreds of people at risk so the MI6 could sneak agents into Iraqi occupied Kuwait?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Airways_Flight_149
    I’m not sure that BA had much choice in that one, the only people on the plane who didn’t want to go to Kuwait were their own crew. And they lost the 747.

But top marks for trolling anyway.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,576
    Reality check on "London more dangerous than New York":

Looking at 2017, the homicide rate per 100,000 population stood at 1.2 in London and 3.4 in New York.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43628494
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830

Looking at 2017, the homicide rate per 100,000 population stood at 1.2 in London and 3.4 in New York.

Interesting - thanks for posting this.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited April 2018

Yes, the reason people are talking about the murder rate this year is because it isn't usual for London to have a higher rate than New York.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961
    AndyJS said:

Yes, the reason people are talking about the murder rate this year is because it isn't usual for London to have a higher rate than New York.
    How you can fact check what is happening in 2018 with 2017 numbers is beyond me.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Net number down 3,000 - in the smallprint!
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679

It is only countered by the vile language and singing on the audio in the video which has not been played on the media
    So from 4 hours of footage all they can come up with a swear word and some booing of this group's political opponents in the Jewish community. Pretty thin stuff.
  • Options
    Boris a liar or just plain incompetent?

So glad I'm laying him as next PM/Tory leader

https://twitter.com/EL4JC/status/981205256452431872
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

You’re either a troublemaker or an idiot.

Porton Down said very clearly that “other inputs” available only to the government were required to connect it to Russia.

The government shouldn’t be making intelligence public
  • Options

The two are not mutually exclusive. Look at Corbyn and Trump.
  • Options
    Charles said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

Porton Down said very clearly that “other inputs” available only to the government were required to connect it to Russia.

Boris did, see my post at 6.13pm
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

The two are not mutually exclusive. Look at Corbyn and Trump.
    Very true.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

And yet in Q1 ‘18, the absolute numbers crossed over, with similar populations.

Homicides in London in Q1 are already half way to the 2017 total, while in NYC they’re falling.

One more murder in London last night, a 17 year old girl shot who was a youth worker. Two attempted murders as well, another shooting and a stabbing.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

And yet in Q1 ‘18, the absolute numbers crossed over, with similar populations.

Homicides in London in Q1 are already half way to the 2017 total, while in NYC they’re falling.

One more murder in London last night, a 17 year old girl shot who was a youth worker. Two attempted murders as well, another shooting and a stabbing.
    Not true, it is only in Feb and March we saw a crossover.

As per the article

In January, for example, the Met investigated eight murders in London. The NYPD looked into 18 killings.

And that means that while Scotland Yard has opened 47 homicide inquiries so far this year, New York has in fact opened 50 murder files.
  • Options

Charles said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

Boris does lots of things he shouldn’t!
  • Options
    Charles said:

Boris does lots of things he shouldn’t!

This fits into my wider point. It is the actions of Boris that seem to confirm the worldview of the Corbynista.

Given their boy has a serious chance of becoming PM at the next election that scares me a lot.

We could have two de facto Russian popinjays in the White House and No 10 by 2022.
  • Options

Charles said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

That doesn’t say what you think it does. Boris doesn’t say what PD confirmed.
  • Options
    Honestly I don't know where to begin with this. TMI for starters?

https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/981205780157300736
This discussion has been closed.