Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Moggsy edges up to a new high in the next CON leader betting

Comments

• Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    If you want to be leader you would think you would put yourself forward in the media or do speeches or even get yourself on QT,it looks like the Mercer doesn't want the job.

Rees-Mogg taking first place because he's doing these things.
  • Options

Also, in the Vanilla forums, the buttons at the top have become invisible for me (but they still exist, just to the right of the still-visible username at the top).

They are invisible on my chromebook but visible on my iPhone.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,847
    edited April 2018

If you want to be leader you would think you would put yourself forward in the media or do speeches or even get yourself on QT,it looks like the Mercer doesn't want the job.

He’s doing it because the media loves a clown.
    The BBC, among others, is complicit in creating these nutters. Boris for example got his big (TV) media break on Have I Got News For You.

They think it adds to the gaiety of the nation.
    Actually, it just dumbs down political debate.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,115
    Are we sure it doesn't just censor pompous twats? Hmmmm, I never get on the Beeb either, Andrew......
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,847
    edited April 2018

Also, in the Vanilla forums, the buttons at the top have become invisible for me (but they still exist, just to the right of the still-visible username at the top).

The home button at the bottom has disappeared in vanilla on the iphone. Makes it much more inconvenient to refresh.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,277

The BBC, among others, is complicit in creating these nutters. Boris for example got his big (TV) media break on Have I Got News For You.

Actually I thought Boris was superb on HIGNFY, genuinely funny. Foreign Secretary is proving a little more problematic for him.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited April 2018
    Interesting that there haven't been any homicides so far this year in Brent, despite the fact that the area around Harlesden used to be regarded as one of the most dangerous in London about 10 to 15 years ago. They must be doing something right in Brent regarding crime which the other areas like Walthamstow might be able to learn from.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Under Theresa the Tories have very much become the party of caravan holidays and jumble sales. It's no surprise that London - a city of edginess, ambition and vim - should see them as dull and irrelevant or even a touch morbid. These days I can barely picture a Tory who wouldn't partake in tea dancing.

Though West London is still largely Tory
    Absolute rubbish. The vast majority of West London is Labour. I think you are mistaking West London with South West London!

This is easily verifiable by simply searching google.

https://goo.gl/images/c3AqPf
    BLAH
    It's amazing the lengths you go to to avoid admitting an error. Just admit you are wrong man, it won't hurt you! People will respect you for it. Let's unpack this response, one by one. The map I posted clearly shows that WEST London is a Labour area.

Westminster [parts of it are Tory, Westminster North is Labour]
    the City [this in in East Central London, not West London]
    Chelsea [this is South West London, the clue is in the postcode, SW3]
    Putney [south of the river, South West 15, and only just Tory by a tiny majority anyway]
    Fulham [South West 6]
    Richmond Park [in the far SW of the capital, again south of the water]
    Hillingdon etc [some parts of it are Tory, not all by any means]
    City of London and Westminster Tory MP. Westminster Council Tory Council.
    Chelsea Tory MP and Tory Council in Kensington and Chelsea.
    Fulham Tory MP.

All those areas make up the West Central London Assembly seat which is also Tory so I was correct to say West London was mainly Tory still even if you just confine it to central West London
    No you were completely wrong to say that. The map clearly shows that that West London, i.e. that part of London that is in the west of the city and has a W postcode is overwhelmingly Labour. Why not just concede the point for once instead of dancing on ever decreasing pinheads?
    Because you are wrong. Even when I have shown you the West Central London Assembly area is majority Tory and has a Tory Assembly member you persist in saying West London is overwhelmingly Labour
    For crying out loud, buy a compass before you bother me again.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/LondonParliamentaryConstituency2017Results3.png
    8 Tory MPs in West Greater London even on that link you have given me.

Again hardly 'overwhelmingly Labour'
    Your claim was "West London is still largely Tory"
  • Options

On that basis - Brian Blessed for PM!
  • Options
    AnazinaAnazina Posts: 3,487
    DavidL said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

Anazina said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Under Theresa the Tories have very much become the party of caravan holidays and jumble sales. It's no surprise that London - a city of edginess, ambition and vim - should see them as dull and irrelevant or even a touch morbid. These days I can barely picture a Tory who wouldn't partake in tea dancing.

Absolute rubbish. The vast majority of West London is Labour. I think you are mistaking West London with South West London!

The posher bits of West London, Westminster, the City, Chelsea, Putney, Fulham, Richmond Park, Hillingdon etc are still largely Tory.

It is East London, North London up to the Essex border and with the exception of Barnet with its high Jewish population and South London up to the Kent border which are now overwhelmingly Labour
    BLAH
    BLAH
    No you were completely wrong to say that. The map clearly shows g on ever decreasing pinheads?
    Do not bother trying to argue with HYUFD. He is a notorious troll.
    He is a Tory politician in Essex too.
    He needs to spend less time on pinheads and more time on potholes.
    And their no street lighting policy.

Although, as been proven again today, he likes to keep people in the dark.
    We are getting more police in Essex and there has been no rise in crime at the time street lights have been switched off
    At least that anyone could see.
    :) Reminds me of an old joke.

Daddy, daddy, there's an Essex County Council politician at the door with a canvas form.

Tell him I can't see him.
  • Options

The home button at the bottom has disappeared in vanilla on the iphone. Makes it much more inconvenient to refresh.
    I'll ask Robert to drop vanilla a message.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited April 2018
    He has only just discovered the BBC has a massive layer upon layer paper pushing hierarchy?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

Anazina said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

The posher bits of West London, Westminster, the City, Chelsea, Putney, Fulham, Richmond Park, Hillingdon etc are still largely Tory.

It is East London, North London up to the Essex border and with the exception of Barnet with its high Jewish population and South London up to the Kent border which are now overwhelmingly Labour
    SNIP
    No you were completely wrong to say that. The map clearly shows g on ever decreasing pinheads?

We are getting more police in Essex and there has been no rise in crime at the time street lights have been switched off
    At least that anyone could see.
    :) Reminds me of an old joke.

Daddy, daddy, there's an Essex County Council politician at the door with a canvas form.

Tell him I can't see him.
  • Options
    I've always liked Philip May, so not surprised this is happening, people I know who have met him say he's very engaging, and will talk to everyone who attends an event (or will try to)

https://twitter.com/LOS_Fisher/status/981898017639976960
    https://twitter.com/wallaceme/status/981898404610625537
    https://twitter.com/wallaceme/status/981899026772692994
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

BLAH
    SNIP
    No you were completely wrong to say that. The map clearly shows that that West London, i.e. that part of London that is in the west of the city and has a W postcode is overwhelmingly Labour. Why not just concede the point for once instead of dancing on ever decreasing pinheads?
    Because you are wrong. Even when I have shown you the West Central London Assembly area is majority Tory and has a Tory Assembly member you persist in saying West London is overwhelmingly Labour

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/LondonParliamentaryConstituency2017Results3.png

Don't go there. You'll be there all bloody day.
  • Options
    Test
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    "Enlisting PM's husband for campaign emails feels pretty odd..."

Sounds a bit sexist....Gordon Brown enlisted his much more human wife to try and revamp his image, as did Ed Miliband.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,414
    edited April 2018

I loved Brian Blessed's first stint on HIGNFY, he was shamelessly flirting with Alan Duncan.
  • Options

He has only just discovered the BBC has a massive layer upon layer paper pushing hierarchy?
    Maybe when they'd watched it, they felt the programme just consisted of a high-pitched whining noise....
  • Options

I've always liked Philip May, so not surprised this is happening, people I know who have met him say he's very engaging, and will talk to everyone who attends an event (or will try to)

I got one of these this afternoon as well. Which is a little odd since there are no local elections in Scotland this year. But I suppose with a phone bank it doesn't really matter where you are.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,896

ttps://twitter.com/LOS_Fisher/status/981898017639976960
    ttps://twitter.com/wallaceme/status/981898404610625537
    ttps://twitter.com/wallaceme/status/981899026772692994

Good on him, the more the merrier :)
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,931
    What I don’t get is this: surely there is no Tory MP left who seriously believes Johnson could be their leader, let alone the PM. Given that, how on earth is it a risk for Mrs May to deposit him back on the backbenches. He is not a danger to her. Only to the country.
  • Options

Maybe when they'd watched it, they felt the programme just consisted of a high-pitched whining noise....
    I am guessing that is why they cancelled Robot Wars.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Interesting that there haven't been any homicides so far this year in Brent, despite the fact that the area around Harlesden used to be regarded as one of the most dangerous in London about 10 to 15 years ago. They must be doing something right in Brent regarding crime which the other areas like Walthamstow might be able to learn from.

NW10 is one of the largest postal districts in London so people less likely to accidental stroll into enemy territory (which is usually the trigger for the aggro) ?

http://travelquaz.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/london_postcode_map.gif
  • Options

Rubbish,the man can speak in front of a audience with authority and answer questions honestly .

Go on YouTube and watch him,read the comments underneath of the thousands who have watched him and the likes.

This is a man not made by the BBC but of a gap in hard leave side and he's taken it,maybe Mercer is to much a remainer to put himself forward?
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,983
    Mr. Mark, Brian Blessed would make a fantastic Speaker.

Mr. Urquhart, well, putting it on at the same time as Blue Planet II was not exactly conducive to its success...
  • Options

What I don’t get is this: surely there is no Tory MP left who seriously believes Johnson could be their leader, let alone the PM. Given that, how on earth is it a risk for Mrs May to deposit him back on the backbenches. He is not a danger to her. Only to the country.

I imagine the PM is saving the major reshuffle for about this time next year, with lots of new blood promoted and old wood cleared out. She won’t want to rock the boat before we actually leave the EU though.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

He's still got about 30 hardcore supporters.

One of whom is a minister who has publicly said he would like to cut off Michael Gove's penis.

The most interesting story I've heard is that Boris has realised his time is up and is now looking at installing his brother as PM.
  • Options
    currystarcurrystar Posts: 1,171
    Anyone see Dianne Abbott trying to defend Khan and his hiding away on Sky News. It was hilarious.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,931
    Andrew Adonis sounds like the right-wing nutjobs who have been howling about BBC bias for all these years. I wonder if any if them have the self-knowledge to recognise this!
  • Options

I am guessing that is why they cancelled Robot Wars.
    The rumour was that they cancelled RW because they couldn’t make it safe enough for the spectators.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    DavidL said:

I got one of these this afternoon as well. Which is a little odd since there are no local elections in Scotland this year. But I suppose with a phone bank it doesn't really matter where you are.
    I'm old fashioned, I prefer to do it on the doorstep, not on the phone.

Edit - #AccidentalInnuendo
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,209

Andrew Adonis sounds like the right-wing nutjobs who have been howling about BBC bias for all these years. I wonder if any if them have the self-knowledge to recognise this!

I seem to recall a BBC political editor saying they kept two piles of letters on their desk. One from Lefties saying he was bias, the other from Righties saying he was bias. As long as the two piles were roughly of equal height, he slept at night.

Probably apocryphal.
  • Options

I seem to recall a BBC political editor saying they kept two piles of letters on their desk. One from Lefties saying he was bias, the other from Righties saying he was bias. As long as the two piles were roughly of equal height, he slept at night.

Probably apocryphal.
    John Sergeant shared that story about Robin Oakley.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,304

Theresa's fear will be that the media will feast on his every utterance. Unrestrained by high office, Boris could mock and deride whatever she does, particularly concerning Brexit. The euro-sceptic Right would love to have Boris as their master of the hounds. Together they'd rip her to pieces.
  • Options

Theresa's fear will be that the media will feast on his every utterance. Unrestrained by high office, Boris could mock and deride whatever she does, particularly concerning Brexit. The euro-sceptic Right would love to have Boris as their master of the hounds. Together they'd rip her to pieces.
    Keeping a rival at FO has always been a smart move. They are away from the UK a lot.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,057

Boris’s job is to act as a lightning rod for the Brexiteers. For now he is still needed.
  • Options

Yep. She already has one George Osborne, she doesn’t need another one in Boris.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
  • Options
    Mr. Observer, indeed. Boris isn't fit to be Foreign Secretary.

That said, axing him right now would feed right into the Russian propaganda machine.

Mr. Borough, indeed.

Mr. Eagles, not directly comparable, but Boris could be Valens (shit emperor) to the pretty good Valentinian of his brother. One would hope they wouldn't be like Arcadius and Honorius.

Mr. Currystar, can't blame Khan for hiding, given the London crime rate.
  • Options
    Compared to Khan, Boris Johnson's performance as London Mayor is like comparing Christiano Ronaldo with Carlton Palmer. Boris acheived a great deal as London Mayor despite all the negative stuff written about him on here and his obvious personality flaws. Khan has achieved nothing and when real leadership of the Capital is required like now he has disappeared. He is a disgraceful politician who is happy to be in front of the TV cameras to have a go at Trump or some other mad right wing loon, but not to answer for his own job performance.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,070
    currystar said:

Compared to Khan, Boris Johnson's performance as London Mayor is like comparing Christiano Ronaldo with Carlton Palmer. Boris acheived a great deal as London Mayor despite all the negative stuff written about him on here and his obvious personality flaws. Khan has achieved nothing and when real leadership of the Capital is required like now he has disappeared. He is a disgraceful politician who is happy to be in front of the TV cameras to have a go at Trump or some other mad right wing loon, but not to answer for his own job performance.

The fact that you're not a tribal Tory makes this analysis all the more persuasive.
  • Options

That said, axing him right now would feed right into the Russian propaganda machine.

Mr. Borough, indeed.

Mr. Eagles, not directly comparable, but Boris could be Valens (shit emperor) to the pretty good Valentinian of his brother. One would hope they wouldn't be like Arcadius and Honorius.

Forget Arcadius and Honorius, they are trying to avoid being like Ed and David Miliband

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10253871/Boris-says-he-would-never-shaft-his-brother-like-Ed-Miliband-did.html
  • Options
    PeterCPeterC Posts: 1,274

Probably apocryphal.
    Adonis until recently seemed a balanced and erudite man. For some reason he seems to have gone quite raving mad.
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, Arcadius and Honorius also loathed one another.

Mr. C, the certainties of life were shattered when he found out most voters disagreed with him. How could democracy get it wrong?
  • Options
    currystar said:

Best quote about Carlton Palmer.

"He covers every blade of grass out there, but that's only because his first touch is so crap" - Dave Jones
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,990
    People are being a little silly when they talk about police numbers as if they are the only factor in reducing crime. They're an important part, but far from the whole story. There are legal and social factors that are just as important, which is why it is difficult to make a direct connection between changes in police numbers and crime.

As a rather extreme example: you could triple the number of police, yet have crime increasing if you keep them in the station doing paperwork, or have a legal system that makes it hard to convict, or a society that encourages criminality.

Police are just a part - albeit an important one - of an entire system.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    currystar said:

Latest YouGov Well/Badly in London
    Khan well 54%
    Khan Badly 27%

Amongst CON voters
    Khan Well 36%
    Khan Badly 53%

That suggests he is doing something right and your view simply is your view alone.

Maybe you are uncomfortable in having a Muslim mayor.

http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/75psf9zu45/QueenMary_LondonResults_Feb18_VI.pdf
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,990
    currystar said:

I like Boris, in some ways because of his personality flaws. But I fear that anything might shine when compared to Khan.

I've wittered on here before about Boris and his role in the lamentable Garden Bridge. Whatever else he may have achieved as mayor, his handling of that disastrous vanity project shows he is unsuited to be PM.

On the other hand, unlike some on here I was impressed with the way he got a coalition of countries to support us over the chemical attack.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,582
    Anazina said:

Jacob Rees-Mogg – lord help us.

He is: those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make favourite for the Tory leadership
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

When was he ever restrained by high office?

I see your point, but if you follow too slavishly a policy of keeping pissers in the tent pissing out you end up with an awfully full tent. Boris could be an embarrassment for sure, but look at Osborne - he has his lolz but is fundamentally impotent. The pen is actually not mightier than the sword, and certainly not mighty enough to bridge the gap between being a Somebody and a former Somebody.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,582

Asking for a friend who backed Jeremy Hunt at prices of 100/1 plus and stands to win a nice five figure sum when he does become PM.

Hunt is now 21s on Betfair, do I start to lay some of my stakes? Or should I wait for his price to fall a bit more, if so, what odds?

Depend whether your *friend* wants a guaranteed pair of shoes, or to gamble on the outside chance of a full Imelda...
  • Options

currystar said:

Khan well 54%
    Khan Badly 27%

Amongst CON voters
    Khan Well 36%
    Khan Badly 53%

That suggests he is doing something right and your view simply is your view alone.

http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/75psf9zu45/QueenMary_LondonResults_Feb18_VI.pdf
    Hitler was popular with the Germans. I could not care less what religion someone comes from, its all abour performamce.

Name something good he has done. He said he would be building 80,000 affordable homes, since he took tenure the number of social housing starts in just over a 1,000. Boris massively beat that. And Khan is a labour politician who should be helping those less well off. Its so easy to say you are going to make improvements which Khan is very good at, he is hopeless at actually doing anything.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

I loved Brian Blessed's first stint on HIGNFY, he was shamelessly flirting with Alan Duncan.
    "I'm going to chin you if you don't watch it...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgOiiFv9DZ0
  • Options

currystar said:

"He covers every blade of grass out there, but that's only because his first touch is so crap" - Dave Jones
    Carlton Palmer 18 Engalnd Caps
    Matt le tessier 8 Engalnd Caps

And we wonder why we never win anything
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Jacob Rees-Mogg is as false a favourite as I can recall since Marco Rubio. Assuming that Theresa May gets to see out Brexit, which now looks to be the working assumption, his USP as the most extreme Brexit extremist will be irrelevant and his lack of experience will count heavily against him.

I’d have thought that now might be a good time to think about Philip Hammond again. The Brexit obsessives will have calmed down again by the time the job comes up for consideration and he’ll have both the cv and the gravitas for the role. He shouldn’t be a 40/1 shot anyway.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,057
    Redwood suggests the EU was responsible for the collapse of British Leyland!
    https://twitter.com/johnredwood/status/981828937750892545?s=21
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419
    Ishmael_Z said:

When was he ever restrained by high office?

I see your point, but if you follow too slavishly a policy of keeping pissers in the tent pissing out you end up with an awfully full tent. Boris could be an embarrassment for sure, but look at Osborne - he has his lolz but is fundamentally impotent. The pen is actually not mightier than the sword, and certainly not mighty enough to bridge the gap between being a Somebody and a former Somebody.
    Osborne is politically impotent primarily because he's not in parliament. All he can do now is provide words for others (were he still an MP, he would have a few other problems, such as his involvement in the Remain campaign), but would still be a formidable presence on the backbenches.

Osborne is not a threat to May other than indirectly (and even then, not much); Boris very much is a threat for the same reasons that Geoffrey Howe was a threat to Margaret Thatcher.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

currystar said:

I have a friend who works out in the Gulf States. About 5-6 years ago, his kid came home from school and was wittering about them being coached by some international footballer and him being amazing.

He was like sure sure, whatever. His son informed my friend, that said player wanted to know if the anybody fancied a game, could they get a team together. My friend was a reasonable player as a youth playing lowly semi-pro and with his mates thought he would go and see who this billy big bollocks was.

So they turn up and it is one Carlton Palmer, there was much sniggering, then they started to play and my friend said Palmer was just absolutely class on the ball and super fit despite being a good 10+ years older than the Dads.
  • Options
    PeterC said:

Probably apocryphal.
    Adonis until recently seemed a balanced and erudite man. For some reason he seems to have gone quite raving mad.
    Agreed. In New Labour days he came across as a slightly worthy technocrat interested in pragmatic solutions to complex problems who was willing to do a bit of homework. Now he just raves about anything and everything. He may have had some sort of a point about Vice Chancellor's pay, for example, but pretending that this was the solution or cause of the student debt mountain or would make any material difference to it was absurd. He really does seem to have lost the plot.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,939

currystar said:

Khan well 54%
    Khan Badly 27%

Amongst CON voters
    Khan Well 36%
    Khan Badly 53%

Interesting comment from Mr Smithson.

Most of us would have assumed that the most likely reason for someone opposing Khan is his politics. But instead Mike goes straight for the smear attack accusation of racism.

Taking too many lessons in smearing from Mr Meeks I think.
  • Options
    David Lammy really is a pillock,

We haven’t seen a police while I’ve been here and I’ve been here for a little while now,” David Lammy told the BBC earlier....As a policeman stands in shot behind him…

https://order-order.com/2018/04/05/we-havent-seen-a-police-while-ive-been-here/
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    LOL, can they STILL not kill this story?
  • Options
    currystar said:

currystar said:

Carlton Palmer 18 Engalnd Caps
    Matt le tessier 8 Engalnd Caps

And we wonder why we never win anything
    Phil Neville holds more England caps than Paul Gascoigne.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

As much as I enjoy blaming the EU for things I'm fairly sure that British Leyland and later Rover went down the pan because they had terrible British management.
  • Options

Mr. Borough, indeed.

Question for you, does Sadiq Khan control police funding and staffing in London?
  • Options

That's not what he said but the point he is making is daft enough. Obviously Nissan and Toyota both came here whilst we were in the EU as did Tata cars who have transformed Jaguar and Land Rover. As the proud owner of a newish Jaguar XF I can attest to the latter's achievement. Its a brilliant car to drive.

I would also suggest that as a generality taking time out of your day to show that Redwood is a fruit cake is perhaps not the most productive use of your time.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

currystar said:

Khan well 54%
    Khan Badly 27%

Amongst CON voters
    Khan Well 36%
    Khan Badly 53%

https://twitter.com/TheFLZone/status/954006520135593984?s=17

Very poor comment mike on the - "a Muslim mayor" bit.

Maybe he doesn't like him because he thinks he's crap.

Why is it his view alone,even the poll here has him doing badly with Tories 53% and in London heading to 30%,like to see new polls after the murders in London media attention.
  • Options
    Miss Anazina, according to the below link, the Mayor is responsible for policing and crime policy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayor_of_London#Powers_and_functions

This would include stop-and-search, which is opposed by Khan. Correspondingly, stop-and-search has declined dramatically, as knife (and other potentially fatal) crime has risen.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,991

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

Anazina said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

It's amazing the lengths you go to to avoid admitting an error. Just admit you are wrong man, it won't hurt you! People will respect you for it. Let's unpack this response, one by one. The map I posted clearly shows that WEST London is a Labour area.

Westminster [parts of it are Tory, in south of the water]
    Hillingdon etc [some parts of it are Tory, not all by any means]
    Fulham Tory MP.
    BLAH

Save it for your leaflets. Few of us can vote for you. None of us *would* vote for you.
    If I wanted you to vote for me I would be in a different party!
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

BLAH

Westminster [parts of it are by any means]
    Fulham Tory MP.

All those areas make up the West Central London Assembly seat which is also Tory so I was correct to say West London was mainly Tory still even if you just confine it to central West London

As I said the London Assembly Member for West Central London is indeed a Tory
  • Options

currystar said:

Khan well 54%
    Khan Badly 27%

Amongst CON voters
    Khan Well 36%
    Khan Badly 53%

54% approval rating for Khan is not overwhelming especially if the crime rate continues going up.

It might tempt an independent like Sugar
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039

https://twitter.com/chrisdeerin/status/981433027774513152
  • Options
    DavidL said:

That's not what he said but the point he is making is daft enough. Obviously Nissan and Toyota both came here whilst we were in the EU as did Tata cars who have transformed Jaguar and Land Rover. As the proud owner of a newish Jaguar XF I can attest to the latter's achievement. Its a brilliant car to drive.

I would also suggest that as a generality taking time out of your day to show that Redwood is a fruit cake is perhaps not the most productive use of your time.
    Hope you have better luck with the Jag than the Audi!
  • Options

currystar said:

Khan well 54%
    Khan Badly 27%

Amongst CON voters
    Khan Well 36%
    Khan Badly 53%

Why is it his view alone,even the poll here has him doing badly with Tories 53% and in London heading to 30%,like to see new polls after the murders in London media attention.
    It was hardly analysis. Just chucking out comments like his is beneath what I expect on PB.
  • Options

David Lammy really is a pillock,

We haven’t seen a police while I’ve been here and I’ve been here for a little while now,” David Lammy told the BBC earlier....As a policeman stands in shot behind him…

https://order-order.com/2018/04/05/we-havent-seen-a-police-while-ive-been-here/

That is quality!
  • Options

currystar said:

Khan well 54%
    Khan Badly 27%

Amongst CON voters
    Khan Well 36%
    Khan Badly 53%

When Boris left office there was a whole host of things that he had achieved. I thought he would be a terrible mayor but he wasn't. Obviously he had some stuff that went wrong but overall he can look back with pride at some definte acheivements. Khan is doing nothing. Now is a time for him to lead London and deal with the rising crime head on. Where is he? Hiding because he does not want to answer difficult questions. Whatever you think about Boris he would be in front of the press detailing what he was going to do. All we have now is other labour politicians cringefully trying to stick up for Khan and blame the Government.
  • Options
    currystar said:

currystar said:

Khan well 54%
    Khan Badly 27%

Amongst CON voters
    Khan Well 36%
    Khan Badly 53%

Hitler was popular with the Germans. I could not care less what religion someone comes from, its all abour performamce.

Name something good he has done. He said he would be building 80,000 affordable homes, since he took tenure the number of social housing starts in just over a 1,000. Boris massively beat that. And Khan is a labour politician who should be helping those less well off. Its so easy to say you are going to make improvements which Khan is very good at, he is hopeless at actually doing anything.
    Well he has delivered the Night Tube for a start, which was beyond Boris who was all blither and no delivery. It has transformed the transport system, and saved London residents ££££. I don't know if you live here, but I think you'll find he's rather popular.
  • Options

currystar said:

Khan well 54%
    Khan Badly 27%

Amongst CON voters
    Khan Well 36%
    Khan Badly 53%

For the supporters of his main opponents to give Khan a 36% "doing well" share is an exceptional achievement. I cannot think of any similar level of support from opponents.

• Options

currystar said:

Khan well 54%
    Khan Badly 27%

Amongst CON voters
    Khan Well 36%
    Khan Badly 53%

It was hardly analysis. Just chucking out comments like his is beneath what I expect on PB.
    Really??????
    How is it not analysis?
    Where is Khan now????
    What has he acheived????

Have you actually read any threads on PB if you think what I have written is below what you would expect on PB. The mind boggles!!!!
  • Options
    currystar said:

currystar said:

Khan well 54%
    Khan Badly 27%

Amongst CON voters
    Khan Well 36%
    Khan Badly 53%

When Boris left office there was a whole host of things that he had achieved. I thought he would be a terrible mayor but he wasn't. Obviously he had some stuff that went wrong but overall he can look back with pride at some definte acheivements. Khan is doing nothing. Now is a time for him to lead London and deal with the rising crime head on. Where is he? Hiding because he does not want to answer difficult questions. Whatever you think about Boris he would be in front of the press detailing what he was going to do. All we have now is other labour politicians cringefully trying to stick up for Khan and blame the Government.
    What about the measures to control air pollution which is a political gamble given that diesel car owners are going to be singled out?

• Options
    God alone knows what these people will do if/when Jezza loses the next election.
  • Options

Miss Anazina, according to the below link, the Mayor is responsible for policing and crime policy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayor_of_London#Powers_and_functions

This would include stop-and-search, which is opposed by Khan. Correspondingly, stop-and-search has declined dramatically, as knife (and other potentially fatal) crime has risen.

A question for you, is Khan responsible for funding and staffing the Met?
  • Options

currystar said:

currystar said:

Khan well 54%
    Khan Badly 27%

Amongst CON voters
    Khan Well 36%
    Khan Badly 53%

What about the measures to control air pollution which is a political gamble given that diesel car owners are going to be singled out?

The Government are already massively targeting diesel car owners, its hardly a political gamble
  • Options

currystar said:

currystar said:

Khan well 54%
    Khan Badly 27%

Amongst CON voters
    Khan Well 36%
    Khan Badly 53%

The T-Charge is a visionary proposal and much warranted.

The Night Tube has changed the face of London.

The mayor does not control funding for the Met.

Can the PB Tories let us know who does?
  • Options
    currystar said:

currystar said:

currystar said:

Khan well 54%
    Khan Badly 27%

Amongst CON voters
    Khan Well 36%
    Khan Badly 53%

The Government are already massively targeting diesel car owners, its hardly a political gamble
    Do you actually live in London or are you another quasi PB expert who sniffs from the sidelines?
  • Options
    Anazina said:

currystar said:

currystar said:

Khan well 54%
    Khan Badly 27%

Amongst CON voters
    Khan Well 36%
    Khan Badly 53%

The T-Charge is a visionary proposal and much warranted.

The Night Tube has changed the face of London.

The mayor does not control funding for the Met.

Can the PB Tories let us know who does?
    Has has he done on the 80,000 affordable homes?

http://www.sadiq.london/homes_for_londoners
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,962
    Anazina said:

currystar said:

currystar said:

currystar said:

Khan well 54%
    Khan Badly 27%

Amongst CON voters
    Khan Well 36%
    Khan Badly 53%

Do you actually live in London or are you another quasi PB expert who sniffs from the sidelines?
    Are they only focusing on diesel cars in the capital or something?
  • Options
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    "Malcolm Turnbull says Australia is an option for South Africans who fear persecution"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-03/peter-dutton-escalates-row-with-south-africa/9615496
  • Options
    Anazina said:

currystar said:

currystar said:

currystar said:

Khan well 54%
    Khan Badly 27%

Amongst CON voters
    Khan Well 36%
    Khan Badly 53%

Isn't that exactly what Khan is doing at the moment? Do you know where he is?
This discussion has been closed.