Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The must win the for LAB on May 3rd – Barnet with its sizeable

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 11,182
    edited April 2018
    rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

While my sympathies are entirely with the householder, it's not the job of the government to ban people from leaving flowers and the like.
    Though there have been several allegations of intimidation alongside the tribute placing, which if true would be a matter for the authorities.

Intimidation is a criminal offence, and should be treated accordingly.

Laying flowers for someone - however distasteful - does not come under the heading of intimidation.

We have no right not to be offended. Sometimes, like this case, that seems harsh. But the alternative, where the state criminalises behaviour because of how it makes someone feel, is much worse.
    Delicate one, this, for the reasons you say. Laying flowers may not be illegal - but then nor is clearing flowers away. (I don't think?) In fact, my first thought when Iheard them laying flowers was that it was an attempt to intimidate - 'look, we can do what we like in your neighbourhood - we'll be coming for you in due course' though of course the unfortunate old couple in question have long since gone into hiding so are no longer around to be intimidated. I would say flower-laying on private property where the action is not welcome comes at least under the heading of anti-socialbehaviour and is pretty much exactly what ASBOs were created for.
  • Hi everyone, long time lurker here, now with an interest in self promotion. With Zuckerberg given it easy in Congress. Its important to note that Facebook also restricts what the people will see, including political posts they deserve access too - https://theconversation.com/facebook-is-restricting-search-results-is-this-taking-transparency-seriously-94762
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,755
    rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

While my sympathies are entirely with the householder, it's not the job of the government to ban people from leaving flowers and the like.
    Though there have been several allegations of intimidation alongside the tribute placing, which if true would be a matter for the authorities.

Laying flowers for someone - however distasteful - does not come under the heading of intimidation.

We have no right not to be offended. Sometimes, like this case, that seems harsh. But the alternative, where the state criminalises behaviour because of how it makes someone feel, is much worse.
    I would view it as a form of threatening behaviour. It's telling the householder "We know where you live."
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,766

rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

Genuine question - is it a criminal offense to remove the flowers?
    I have no idea. There are enough lawyers on this site, so someone will know :)
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,164
    rcs1000 said:

Ahem:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42829652
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,729
    edited April 2018

rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

I would have thought technically it's an offence to leave them under littering laws.

Edit - although come to think of it as they are on a fence rather than an offence presumably it's the decision of the householder.
  • Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,846
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

Police will regularly remove flowers from sites of fatal RTAs as they say there is evidence they can act as a distraction and cause further accidents. So on the basic question of removing flowers and tributes I assume it is not illegal.
  • RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    I don’t want us to get involved in Syria, but it should be Theresa May’s decision. Parliament should focus on making laws and scrutinising the Executive, not usurping its role.
  • TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

If you remove the flowers "dishonestly", the answer is yes - it is capable of being theft.

If there is another crime, the bar might be lower still.
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,704
    What is the post bombing plan in Syria?

We're British. We don't plan. We're much happier totally screwing things up as we go along.
  • numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,414

A Lib Dem PPB focusing on Brexit.

What a wasted opportunity.

This is why they’re not capitalising on the political vacuum. They have nothing to say other than Brexit Is Bad.
  • rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

I can understand the friends and neighbours on the street being a little peed off at the traveller community turning up every day to place flowers at the place where their boy met his match, but I wouldn't bother taking them down. I'd just smile to myself and think that it was just one less oxygen thief that we have to worry about.
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392
    RoyalBlue said:

I don’t want us to get involved in Syria, but it should be Theresa May’s decision. Parliament should focus on making laws and scrutinising the Executive, not usurping its role.

It's a question of if the executive chooses to ask the legislature. It seems to be becoming more common. I'm not convinced it should always be necessary though.
  • Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,846
    edited April 2018

Claim Assad has been taught a lesson and that this will be a warning to anyone else who thinks about using Chemical Weapons. Then sit back feeling satisfied until the next time they are used. Repeat ad infinitum.
    ydoethur said:

We're British. We don't plan. We're much happier totally screwing things up as we go along.
    We prefer to think of it as being spontaneous.
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,517

That would depend on the objectives we want from the bombing.

BTW, changed your mind about the Russian inquiry yet? ;)
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    ydoethur said:

It'll take a lot of effort to make things worse than they already are.
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

We prefer to think of it as being spontaneous.
    Speak for yourself. I prefer to think of it as saving energy that would be wasted coming with a plan that wouldn't work anyway :smile:

ydoethur said:

It'll take a lot of effort to make things worse than they already are.
    I'm pretty sure Boris could manage it somehow if he really put his mind to it.

That would depend on the objectives we want from the bombing.

BTW, changed your mind about the Russian inquiry yet? ;)
    Which Russian enquiry?

There are so many I cant keep up!!
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,755

Nuke them till they glow.
  • YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382

May and Trump will go and get applauded .Similar to Cameron and Sarkozy in Libya.
  • TwistedFireStopperTwistedFireStopper Posts: 2,538
    edited April 2018
    I think the BBC gets it right most of the time, although I ain't a big fan of the telly tax.
    Granted Neil does seem pro Tory, but has Jones never listened to Radio 5Live? I have listened to discussions and interviews on there where Rachel Burden has almost vomited even saying the word "Conservative"!
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/11/bbc-andrew-neil-media-politics
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,670
    Cookie said:

rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

Delicate one, this, for the reasons you say. Laying flowers may not be illegal - but then nor is clearing flowers away. (I don't think?) In fact, my first thought when Iheard them laying flowers was that it was an attempt to intimidate - 'look, we can do what we like in your neighbourhood - we'll be coming for you in due course' though of course the unfortunate old couple in question have long since gone into hiding so are no longer around to be intimidated. I would say flower-laying on private property where the action is not welcome comes at least under the heading of anti-socialbehaviour and is pretty much exactly what ASBOs were created for.
    Should be arresting them for littering
    Sean_F said:

Nuke and get Nuked.

Good plan.

Sean_F said:

Nuke and get Nuked.

Good plan.
    Literally a MAD plan

I think the BBC gets it right most of the time, although I ain't a big fan of the telly tax.
    Granted Neil does seem pro Tory, but has Jones never listened to Radio 5Live? I have listened to discussions and interviews on there where Rachel Burden has almost vomited even saying the word "Conservative"!
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/11/bbc-andrew-neil-media-politics

It's not a very convincing piece. Neil is right wing and gets away with things a left wing presenter would not seems to be the crux of the issue. I can get my head around that. But I don't see that that means there is right wing dominance or, as he puts it toward the end, that the left is marginalised in the media.

I don't think Mr Neil has much time for young Owen.
    tlg86 said:

He's 33 - not much longer and he won't be the fiery young voice anymore. He needs to jump straight to compelling old beardie.
    kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

He's 33 - not much longer and he won't be the fiery young voice anymore. He needs to jump straight to compelling old beardie.
    He's older than me. That means if he's young, then I'm young.
    tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

I think he was born middle-aged, that one.
  • tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

33? I've got boxer shorts older than that...
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,786
    kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

I think he’ll morph into something more like a Trotskyite Ronnie Corbett.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,051
    I always find these roadside shrines rather mawkish, and they can be surprisingly persistent, with their dead flowers browning in the cellophane. For example there was a fatal stabbing on a road that I often drive up 30 months ago, and these flowers and notes get added to on a regular basis, even now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-34941437

We see ittoo with roadside deaths, but it always seems odd to me to remember the victim at the place of his violent sudden death, rather than at any other place associated with the deceased. Its as if the unquiet spirit haunts the place. I guess it is a modern secularised form of "pop up" cemetary.
    Well I didn't know that. Sarah Smith is the daughter of former Labour leader John Smith.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274

Radio 5 live = radio daily mirror
    I don't know about Andrew Neil - he said this recently:

Struggled through to end of Blade Runner 2. A bigger multi-million dollar load of old bollocks I’ve never seen in my life. No wonder everybody now wants to be in TV drama.

I liked it better than the first one, frankly.
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

Sean_F said:

Nuke and get Nuked.

Good plan.
    What nukes do Syria possess?
    kle4 said:

Struggled through to end of Blade Runner 2. A bigger multi-million dollar load of old bollocks I’ve never seen in my life. No wonder everybody now wants to be in TV drama.

Ah, but does he like pineapple on a pizza?
  • AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

Quite. And even the families of criminals, however misguidedly they might express it, have the need to mourn.

rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

Quite. And even the families of criminals, however misguidedly they might express it, have the need to mourn.
    Do you agree with the removal of flowers laid at the site where Lee Rigby was murdered?
  • hunchmanhunchman Posts: 2,591
    Barnet would be a certain "OTHER" gain if the local residents knew the full details of just what has gone on with all the fraud, theft and money laundering that has emanated from addresses in the borough.....with its links to the Panama Papers and the Paradise Papers, and its links to many politicians, both Conservative and Labour, and smaller parties for that matter. This is not heresy or conspiracy theory, it is documented fact which I can show anybody that wishes to see it based on prima facie evidence of Companies House records.
  • FF43FF43 Posts: 15,542
    Andrew Neil's issue paradoxically is that if your idea doesn't fit in with his prejudice, he will engage with you and, providing you stand your ground, your idea will be fully proofed. I have seen good exchanges on climate change for example. But he doesn't bother to engage with those having similar biases to his own, which means their ideas never get fully aired.
  • Foxy said:

I always find these roadside shrines rather mawkish, and they can be surprisingly persistent, with their dead flowers browning in the cellophane. For example there was a fatal stabbing on a road that I often drive up 30 months ago, and these flowers and notes get added to on a regular basis, even now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-34941437

We see ittoo with roadside deaths, but it always seems odd to me to remember the victim at the place of his violent sudden death, rather than at any other place associated with the deceased. Its as if the unquiet spirit haunts the place. I guess it is a modern secularised form of "pop up" cemetary.

I see a shrine on a road where I attended the fatal incident over 10 years ago.
    I remember seeing little shirines many years ago on crazy mountain roads in Greece and Spain. Maybe we've become too involved with the EU and need to Brexit....
  • AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    tlg86 said:

rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

Do you agree with the removal of flowers laid at the site where Lee Rigby was murdered?
    No.

Sean_F said:

Nuke and get Nuked.

Good plan.
    What Nukes do their greatest allies possess?

Last time i looked plenty.

Anyway you think Nuclear weapons is the post bombing plan for Syria?
    tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

I am resigned to the fact that some do, unfortunately, and have made piece with it.

tlg86 said:

rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

No.
    Fair enough. Personally I think it was right to remove flowers from that site. I think the residents at Hither Green should just ignore them and hope the attention dies down.

Incidentally, it shows just loaded pikeys are. Flowers ain't cheap.
  • Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

No.
    Fair enough. Personally I think it was right to remove flowers from that site. I think the residents at Hither Green should just ignore them and hope the attention dies down.

Incidentally, it shows just loaded pikeys are. Flowers ain't cheap.
    Not when you pay for them, anyway.

Sean_F said:

Nuke and get Nuked.

Good plan.

With lots of embedded Russian troops, the risk of hitting them with US bombs, or conversely of Russians knocking down US aircraft is quite significant.
    kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

I am resigned to the fact that some do, unfortunately, and have made piece with it.
    Surely a gentleman of class has a piece without it?
    ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

Damn my stupid fingers. Eliminating homonyms must be the priority for this government.
  • MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    Foxy said:

Sean_F said:

Nuke and get Nuked.

Good plan.

With lots of embedded Russian troops, the risk of hitting them with US bombs, or conversely of Russians knocking down US aircraft is quite significant.

Presumably that's why Trump is issuing the warnings, so that the Russians can remove troops first.

• TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,742
    I see our defence secretary is on top of his brief in these portentous times.

https://twitter.com/GavinWilliamson/status/984112357629624322

Though tbf I think I prefer this to the armchair bellicosity.
  • Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

Damn my stupid fingers. Eliminating homonyms must be the priority for this government.
    Homophones. But, yes, we should sort them out, same as jew-haters.

It's probably a good strategy to bamboozle the Kremlin as well.
    Ishmael_Z said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

Homophones. .
    Godsdamnit, I just cannot get anything right tonight. That one's one my brain, not my fingers.
  • CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,540
    rcs1000 said:

They're not leaving the flowers where the burglar died. They're leaving them opposite the 78 year old victim's house. He's already had death threats and 'we know where you live'.

It's probably a good strategy to bamboozle the Kremlin as well.
    Its all in code - innit? 'Natural Burial Company' - 'we're coming for you, Assad'.....
    kle4 said:

Ishmael_Z said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

Homophones. .
    Godsdamnit, I just cannot get anything right tonight. That one's one my brain, not my fingers.
    I just blame autocorrect.

Funny thing is, my iPad knows what I want to type most of the time, my very expensive high end computer does not.

He clearly doesn't want to be thought of as spineless.
    edited April 2018
    Well, someone brainwashed by the British Intelligence Services would say that, wouldn't they?

And in the game of 'first response to the tweet' we have:

@LenzoToggz
    She has a remarkable grasp of English, or is it like one of those Police Statements where she just signs whats been written...
    0 replies 0 retweets 2 likes

And this one:

@LPC1231
    This is utter rubbish. We are not sheep. You can’t pull the wool over our eyes. Have you seen this rubbish @georgegalloway

Good times.
    kle4 said:

Well, someone brainwashed by the British Intelligence Services would say that, wouldn't they?

@LenzoToggz
    She has a remarkable grasp of English, or is it like one of those Police Statements where she just signs whats been written...

And this one:

@LPC1231
    This is utter rubbish. We are not sheep. You can’t pull the wool over our eyes. Have you seen this rubbish @georgegalloway

At least unlike the good Lenzo Toggz she knows how to use an apostrophe correctly.

I'm assuming incidentally that any statement from Ms Skripal is made in Russian and translated. Or can she actually speak English?
    edited April 2018
    I thought Pb was not anti Semitic now or racist .But I see they condone the world Pikey.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikey .Where I used to work it was a displinary offence to use the term , we were told to say travelling community.
  • rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038

Foxy said:

Sean_F said:

Nuke and get Nuked.

Good plan.

Presumably that's why Trump is issuing the warnings, so that the Russians can remove troops first.

In Julian Lewis's terms, will these missiles will be aimed at the monsters or the maniacs?
    kle4 said:

@LenzoToggz

And this one:

@LPC1231

Good times.
    https://twitter.com/LPC1231/status/984144733244133377

I prefer genuine lies, myself......
    ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

@LenzoToggz

And this one:

@LPC1231

At least unlike the good Lenzo Toggz she knows how to use an apostrophe correctly.

I'm assuming incidentally that any statement from Ms Skripal is made in Russian and translated. Or can she actually speak English?
    Its curious how her 'husband to be' has disappeared without trace.....one might have thought him even more concerned about her condition than her cousin.....
    ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

@LenzoToggz

And this one:

@LPC1231

I thought she had lived here with her father for a time, and visits regularly, so I would not be surprised if she speaks English.
  • rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    kle4 said:

I thought it was pretty bad as a movie, but some of the set-piece visuals were stunning. It deserved the Best Cinematography Oscar that it won at least.

kle4 said:

@LenzoToggz

And this one:

@LPC1231

Good times.

It has always puzzled me that there are pubs that advertise 'Good ales' and 'real food.'

I accept real ale is a recognised version of the nectarine beverage, but how often do you ask for fake food (except in a Mackies, obviously)?
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,753

kle4 said:

@LenzoToggz

And this one:

@LPC1231

Good times.

Is a fake lie...the truth?
    edited April 2018
    Yorkcity said:

I thought Pb was not anti Semitic now or racist .But I see they condone the world Pikey.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikey .Where I used to work it was a displinary offence to use the term , we were told to say travelling community.

Gypsy and Traveller community is generally the terminology where I am. Roma apparently does not always apply. Pikey is definitely a derogatory term.

I saw a comedy sketch which involved using the term gypsy at one point (not as a slur or anything) and the comments were full of indignant comments that gypsy was a slur, it seems to be in formal use, and proudly used by some. I used to use 'gypo' as an insult as a child though, in much the way kids would use gay as an insult, without even really thinking about the origin.
    rpjs said:

kle4 said:

I thought it was pretty bad as a movie, but some of the set-piece visuals were stunning. It deserved the Best Cinematography Oscar that it won at least.
    Oh, I didn't think it was great (except visually), but considering how long it was I wasn't bored, and I watched the first one a few days before the second, and frankly found it lacking.
    Yorkcity said:

I intend to cause offence where that lot are concerned.

Incidentally, I remember there was a big hoo ha over Martin Brundle using that word on the grid at the 2008 Canadian Grand Prix. I actually think on that occasion he was using the word in its correct form - i.e. as an abbreviation for turnpike - used to describe road maintainers. Nevertheless, ITV apologised having received a few complaints.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6VSJfpU5Hg
    kle4 said:

Yorkcity said:

Gypsy and Traveller community is generally the terminology where I am. Roma apparently does not always apply. Pikey is definitely a derogatory term.
    Thanks that was my understanding to.

It must be some secret code. Where is @Yokel when we need him?
    tlg86 said:

Yorkcity said:

Why? What good will it do? Who will it help? Does it show you in a flattering light?

Speaking for myself, having missed it earlier, I don't think it was appropriate and I'd advise you to avoid using it in future.
    ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

@LenzoToggz

And this one:

@LPC1231

Good times.

It has always puzzled me that there are pubs that advertise 'Good ales' and 'real food.'

I accept real ale is a recognised version of the nectarine beverage, but how often do you ask for fake food (except in a Mackies, obviously)?
    "Sourced locally"....in which restaurants have gotten away with that meaning they shop in the local Tescos...
  • Real Madrid 0 - Juventus 2 - last night repeating itself

Good game
    DavidL said:

"The wombles are in the park. I repeat: the wombles are in the park."
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,956
    edited April 2018
    Juve are about to do a Pikey Roma

Real 0 - Juve 2

Real lead 3-2 on aggregate.
    ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

Yorkcity said:

Why? What good will it do? Who will it help? Does it show you in a flattering light?

Speaking for myself, having missed it earlier, I don't think it was appropriate and I'd advise you to avoid using it in future.
    I won't call them travellers, because they ain't travellers and I think it's offensive to genuine travellers of Irish Heritage.
    tlg86 said:

Yorkcity said:

Incidentally, I remember there was a big hoo ha over Martin Brundle using that word on the grid at the 2008 Canadian Grand Prix. I actually think on that occasion he was using the word in its correct form - i.e. as an abbreviation for turnpike - used to describe road maintainers. Nevertheless, ITV apologised having received a few complaints.

I understand your reaction .I used to work for the Police and we were advised not to use that term.

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

@LenzoToggz

And this one:

@LPC1231

Good times.

"Sourced locally"....in which restaurants have gotten away with that meaning they shop in the local Tescos...
    Does that mean when Tesco say they source things locally that they shop at a nearby Morrisons, mark it up 15% and resell?

Nothing would surprise me about them...
    Would you support or oppose UK military action in response to the alleged chemical attack in Syria if it results in conflict with Russia?

Support 28%
    Oppose 48%
    Neither 10%
    Don't know 13%
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

@LenzoToggz

And this one:

@LPC1231

Good times.

Does that mean when Tesco say they source things locally that they shop at a nearby Morrisons, mark it up 15% and resell?

Nothing would surprise me about them...
    Wasn't it KFC that got caught bulk buying from local supermarket during the chicken crisis of March 2018?
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941

Would you support or oppose UK military action in response to the alleged chemical attack in Syria if it results in conflict with Russia?

Support 28%
    Oppose 48%
    Neither 10%
    Don't know 13%

Onpy 50% don’t want war with Russia? Amazing.
  • Would you support or oppose UK military action in response to the alleged chemical attack in Syria if it results in conflict with Russia?

Support 28%
    Oppose 48%
    Neither 10%
    Don't know 13%

Do you have a link to that poll please.
    Yorkcity said:

tlg86 said:

Yorkcity said:

I understand your reaction .I used to work for the Police and we were advised not to use that term.
    A friend of mine is a copper and he tells me off for using that word. It's quite a big issue around where we live and, yes, it's very sensitive.

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

@LenzoToggz

And this one:

@LPC1231

Its curious how her 'husband to be' has disappeared without trace.....one might have thought him even more concerned about her condition than her cousin.....
    He is probably enjoying the hospitality of the FSB in one of their free accommodations....

Support 28%
    Oppose 48%
    Neither 10%
    Don't know 13%

https://news.sky.com/story/poll-britons-baulk-at-conflict-with-russia-over-syria-11326620
  • Would you support or oppose UK military action in response to the alleged chemical attack in Syria if it results in conflict with Russia?

Support 28%
    Oppose 48%
    Neither 10%
    Don't know 13%

Seems a strange poll as no one can tell the end result

If the poll said should the allies take out the chemical weapon locations as Macron said I think this would command a majority
  • If the Lib Dems want to start polling 20% plus in the polls they should make this a major policy.

https://twitter.com/electoralreform/status/984150341343047680

Support 28%
    Oppose 48%
    Neither 10%
    Don't know 13%

https://news.sky.com/story/poll-britons-baulk-at-conflict-with-russia-over-syria-11326620
    Ta
  • Yorkcity said:

tlg86 said:

Yorkcity said:

All I will say is that the course for "Traveller, Roma and Gypsy Liaison Advocate" never gets any volunteers.

Juve are about to do a Pikey Roma

Real 0 - Juve 2

Real lead 3-2 on aggregate.

Roma were at home. This is remarkable. But I still expect Real to score.
    edited April 2018
    tlg86 said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

Yorkcity said:

I won't call them travellers, because they ain't travellers and I think it's offensive to genuine travellers of Irish Heritage.
    There are other words you could use. 'Gangsters' would seem appropriate in this particular context. Or 'cartel.' If they move about and don't have fixed addresses, 'nomads' would cover it.

The point is if they're not travellers then the word you used isn't accurate anyway, so you come out doubly badly.

DavidL said:

"The wombles are in the park. I repeat: the wombles are in the park."
    If he starts going on about marmalade sandwiches the Syrians had better find cover.
This discussion has been closed.