Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The must win the for LAB on May 3rd – Barnet with its sizeable

1235»

Comments

• Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,067
    Foxy said:

Sean_F said:

Re Barnet

Does anyone have details as to how the Jewish proportion of each ward has changed in recent years ?

IIRC AndyJS had the details on the changes between 2001 and 2011.

Actually it might be useful to see how the demographics changed generally in the Barnet wards.

Overall, the Jewish population increased from just under 15% to just over 15%, between 2001 and 2011.
    How does that compare with non-Jewish White British ?

I imagine that having a critical mass of synagogues, Jewish schools, Kosher butchers etc is what has kept the Jewish population so high.
    60% of Barnet residents describe themselves as white British, and 20% as white other. I am not sure how much of the white other are Jewish, or how much white EU, as this would be self assessment.
    That 60% White British was from the 2001 census by 2011 it was down to 45%:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Borough_of_Barnet#Demographics

The population of Barnet has increased from 300k in 1991 to an estimated 386k in 2016.

Big changes since Maggie's day.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,658
    edited April 2018
    Michael Oliver really screwed up that Real v. Juve game at the end there. Not a clear penalty and surely a little bit of commonsense could have let Buffon have a yellow card rather than red.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,658
    edited April 2018

geoffw said:

Has the ability to edit your own posts gone? Can't seem to correct a typo in my last one.

Still there if you tap in top right corner
    Not for me (Firefox on a Macbook Air).

Nor me (Macbook / Safari)
    Correction - the edit button is there, it's just white on white so you have to spot when the cursor changes shape and click there. :smile:

Edited: to prove it
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,594

Foxy said:

Sean_F said:

Re Barnet

Does anyone have details as to how the Jewish proportion of each ward has changed in recent years ?

Actually it might be useful to see how the demographics changed generally in the Barnet wards.

Overall, the Jewish population increased from just under 15% to just over 15%, between 2001 and 2011.

I imagine that having a critical mass of synagogues, Jewish schools, Kosher butchers etc is what has kept the Jewish population so high.
    60% of Barnet residents describe themselves as white British, and 20% as white other. I am not sure how much of the white other are Jewish, or how much white EU, as this would be self assessment.

The population of Barnet has increased from 300k in 1991 to an estimated 386k in 2016.

The figure that I quoted was from the current Barnet Ward profiles:

https://www.barnet.gov.uk/citizen-home/council-and-democracy/council-and-community/ward-profile-reports.html

• Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,541

No, she was at a Sikh temple celebrating Vaisakhi
    Thanks.

I'm thankful we've been spared Boris looking like the Khasi of Khalabar.
    Take your pick

or

Pretty sure you’re missing an r there...
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,962
    edited April 2018

geoffw said:

Has the ability to edit your own posts gone? Can't seem to correct a typo in my last one.

Still there if you tap in top right corner
    Not for me (Firefox on a Macbook Air).

Nor me (Macbook / Safari)
    The button is invisible for me, but mousing over where it should be reveals the menu.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,056
    Y0kel said:

I'd be relatively comfortable that if the strikes were heavy but short that Russia wouldn't do a thing of note but if the objective is to punish those in the Assad camp to the point where the chucking of poison gas mixes out of choppers was just not worth it, then cant be anything but heavy and possibly have some controversial targeting.

I've been watching a lot of Russian TV over the last few weeks and there is such a sense of foreboding way beyond the usual pro-Kremlin talking points.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,067
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Sean_F said:

Re Barnet

https://www.barnet.gov.uk/citizen-home/council-and-democracy/council-and-community/ward-profile-reports.html

For some reason Barnet council are using the 2001 census for ethnicity and the 2011 census for religion:

Ethnicity  
    The ward’s profile matches that of Barnet in all groups apart from residents who describe
    their ethnic origin as Indian, which is slightly higher than the Barnet average. (Source: Barnet
    Census Profiles 2001)

Religion
    In terms of faith Woodhouse has the joint third largest proportion of Hindus in Barnet. All
    other faiths match the Barnet average profile apart from there are fewer Jewish residents.
    (Source: Census 2011)
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,725
    edited April 2018

Michael Oliver really screwed up that Real v. Juve game at the end there. Not a clear penalty and surely a little bit of commonsense could have let Buffon have a yellow card rather than red.

Totally disagree. Blatant penalty - a clear shove in the back, not a bumping of shoulders or something, because the defender was out if position and it was the only way for him to stop a goal - and buffon got right up in his face and physically bumped into the ref. People should be sent off for thar more often. Why is ignoring abusive language and aggressive actions toward the ref 'commonsense'?

Night all
  • Options
    chloechloe Posts: 308

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Sean_F said:

Re Barnet

For some reason Barnet council are using the 2001 census for ethnicity and the 2011 census for religion:

Ethnicity  
    The ward’s profile matches that of Barnet in all groups apart from residents who describe
    their ethnic origin as Indian, which is slightly higher than the Barnet average. (Source: Barnet
    Census Profiles 2001)

Religion
    In terms of faith Woodhouse has the joint third largest proportion of Hindus in Barnet. All
    other faiths match the Barnet average profile apart from there are fewer Jewish residents.
    Don’t forget either Corbyn’s Labour came close in all 3 Con Barnet constituencies last year.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,594

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Sean_F said:

Re Barnet

Ethnicity  
    Census Profiles 2001)

Religion
    That does seem odd, but does account for the discrepancy.

Not just in Barnet, it will be interesting how the White EU voters react to the Tories, in the first post Brexit vote, Irish, Maltese and Cypriots already of course.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    NEW THREAD
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679

Oooh, now this will be popular. Nothing worse than going on a date with a pleb, I'll dump anyone who doesn't know what a fish knife is.

There’s a dating app exclusively for people who went to private school

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/09/dating-app-exclusively-people-went-private-school-7452900/

Imagine using a fish knife to slice pizza laden with pineapple.

There's a dating app for just about every niche. The only one that doesn't seem to be covered is alien abduction.
This discussion has been closed.