Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » In March Henry G Manson tipped Sadiq Khan for London Mayor

SystemSystem Posts: 11,009
edited September 2013 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » In March Henry G Manson tipped Sadiq Khan for London Mayor when he was 33-1

“What puts Sadiq Khan in such a great place for this contest is that Ed Miliband also made him Shadow Minister for London two months ago. This remit will enable him to meet, speak, campaign, engage with the whole London electoral college for this selection ahead of elections in 2014 and the general election a year later.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Doubt Boris will stand next time. He'll stand a good chance of winning.
  • Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815
    FPT

Al-Madinah School

Admissions - Supplementary Information Form for pupils wishing
    to apply to the school under the Muslim faith criteria.

SECTION 3 – RELIGIOUS PRACTICE

This section is to be completed by the Imam* in the presence of the parent/carer and the child/ren.
    Name of Imam:
    Name of Mosque:
    Name of child/ren to
    which this form applies:

Date:
    * Only official Imams employed or appointed by the Mosque as an Imam are
    authorised to sign this form. Signatures of Madrasah teachers and unofficial
    Imams will not be accepted.

Accepting the Shahadah (proclamation of faith)
    • Praying 5 times a day
    • Fasting during the month of Ramadan
    • Paying Charity (Zakat)
    • Pilgrimage (when and if obligatory)

Question 1

I confirm that the immediate family of the child/ren named in this
    application adheres to all of the following 5 pillars of Islam:

Yes No

Belief in the oneness of Allah (Tawhid)
    • Belief in the finality of the Prophet Muhammad, (peace be upon him)
    • Respect of all the companions of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)

Question 2

I confirm that the immediate family of the child/ren named in this
    application adheres the following principles of Islam:

Yes No

Question 3
    In my opinion the immediate family of the child/ren named in this
    application follows the Islamic code of dress by dressing appropriately and modestly.

Yes No

Name of Imam:
    Signature of Imam:
    Date:

Declaration
    I confirm that the information given in this form is true and accurate:

Name of parent / carer:

Signature of parent / carer:
    Date:

Parental Declaration
    I confirm that the information given in this form is true and accurate:
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,158
    One thing which may be an issue for him is his friendship with Babar Ahmad, extradited to the US on terrorism charges and due to stand trial in 2014. He (Khan) apparently stated on his website that he had known him for at least 15 years. No suggestion that he knew about any of his alleged activities of course but this sort of link may not be helpful.
  • Options
    Godfrey Bloom in hot water again, according to Sky News.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Sky: Godfrey Bloom MEP involved in row at UKIP fringe meeting in which he said the "room was full of sluts..."

Then called Michael Crick "a racist"...
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

Sky: Godfrey Bloom MEP involved in row at UKIP fringe meeting in which he said the "room was full of sluts..."

Then called Michael Crick "a racist"...

... and a "sad little man".
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    So what would Mr Khan do for London ?

Visit each prisoner personally with a bug scanner ?
  • Options
    tim said:
    I thought that was rather good. Well done Mr Bloom! :-)

• Options
    Sky: Bloom admits calling women 'sluts', but claims it was a 'joke'...
  • Options
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    Interesting idea, but the mayors to date have tended to be charismatic, not sure he has that about him.

I think David Lammy would be an excellent labour choice for mayor. Obviously cares deeply about the city, and I could see him getting along OK with the business types on the other side of the coin.
  • Options
    I have to say that is hilarious...
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,901
    tim said:
    That is absolutely brilliant
  • Options
    Andrew Adonis seems to be positioning himself for a run too. He'd get my vote if still lived down there. But I doubt I would be joined by many, especially if it were an open primary.
  • Options
    tim said:

""I think people don't understand the difference between the word slut and slag, maybe it's something to do with the lack of grammar schools in our education system""

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1ro9vnj

I'm told most grammar school teachers put sluts at the front of the classroom and slags at the back.

Obvious difference, innit?

• Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    Attack is the best form of defense.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    FPT @SouthamObserver
    "Not much to say really except for anyone on the centre left this is a very depressing day. Labour is unfit to govern while people like Ed Balls hold positions of "

Stop being such a drama queen! A story by Damien McBride serialised in the Mail is about as interesting as a SeanT post on the Burqa. If that's how trivial your vote is then put your cross against the Tories and have done with it
  • Options
    FluffyThoughtsFluffyThoughts Posts: 2,420
    edited September 2013
    I think that twelve-to-one is appropriate. As much as you can expect from any left-wingers attention-span.

Of course it may all depend upon his apponent. A grey-squirel, a painted barrier; maybe a challenge from Mandlesoehn (and he has less skeletons then Tessa Jowell)!

So, simply: Too-early; indeterminate.
  • Options
    @tim - Nothing to stop UKIP setting up free schools where, in addition to the core curriculum, special lessons can be given to ensure that pupils are properly versed in the distinction between 'slag' and 'slut'.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
  • Options

@tim - Nothing to stop UKIP setting up free schools where, in addition to the core curriculum, special lessons can be given to ensure that pupils are properly versed in the distinction between 'slag' and 'slut'.

These are vital life lessons I've feel as though I missed out on in school. Bloody comprehensives.
  • Options
    Still reeling after reading the Guardian thread under the report of the Farage speech.

thought for a moment i was reading the telegraph equivalent. Spartism almost completely absent.
  • Options
    If Michael Crick and Channel 4 have nothing worthwhile to report on they could report on this

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/boys-quizzed-over-500-rapes-a-year-by-gangs-8335165.html

• Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    MrJones said:

Except when it helps ensure that what would otherwise be a mere footnote expands into a bigger story.

• Options
    Bloom should have said to Crick "UKIP is working hard to broaden the background of its candidates and councillors. UKIP is committed to avoiding discrimination..."

Not too difficult to do, I suspect.
  • Options
    Roger said:

FPT @SouthamObserver
    "Not much to say really except for anyone on the centre left this is a very depressing day. Labour is unfit to govern while people like Ed Balls hold positions of "

Stop being such a drama queen! A story by Damien McBride serialised in the Mail is about as interesting as a SeanT post on the Burqa. If that's how trivial your vote is then put your cross against the Tories and have done with it

What the hell are you on about. That is the most outrageous thing I have ever read on PB. You have me in bits. I demand redress etc etc etc

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't think Labour is fit for office with so many of the Brown/Blair warriors still in situ and all that poison still bubbling under the surface. Balls in No 11 spending half his time settling scores with people on his own side who dare to disagree with him is not a happy recipe for government and will do a lot of damage not just to the country but also to the cause of centre left politics.

• Options
    tim said:

Sluts and slags is obviously more low rent.

Didnae Labour offer 'Gulags-for-Slags'. Surely UKIP refusing sluts* [sic] similar accomodation should be a step-up, no...?

* If the comments was aimed at journalists! :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    SPOT THE DIFFERENCE

slut
    /slət/

Noun
    A slovenly or promiscuous woman.

Synonyms
    trollop - strumpet - harlot - streetwalker - slattern

slag
    /slæɡ/

Noun
    Slag is a pejorative slang term, primarily used in United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland and Australia, to describe women who often engage in casual sex and promiscuous behaviour. Its meaning is broadly similar to the terms "slut" and "skank". It originally derives from the same term for piles of impurities skimmed off.

Synonyms
    tart - scrubber - whore - pro - brass - prostitute - hooker - hustler - moll - call girl - courtesan - working girl - harlot - slapper - streetwalker - camp follower - loose woman - fallen woman - strumpet - trollop - white slave - bawd - cocotte - fille de joie

One is amateur, the other professional?

A bit like the difference between a barrister and solicitor perhaps?
  • Options
    I'm confused. Is Godfrey Bloom a militant Closet Racist or is he just a Looney?

Anyway, when is the Fruitcake wing of UKIP going to make its power grab?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Grandiose said:

MrJones said:

Except when it helps ensure that what would otherwise be a mere footnote expands into a bigger story.

There'd be better responses true - like every time the media try a smear ignore whatever the question was and call for an inquiry into why scores of council child protection units turned a blind eye to the grooming gangs for years.

If they did that every time the media tried a racism smear the media would look for another tactic because they don't want people saying that on the telly.

edit: but nothing looks worse than grovelling so attack is still better.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    As anyone seen the godfrey bloom calling crick a racist and hitting him with the ukip brochure yet,IT'S BRILLIANT WATCH - it's on the Stephen tall site,watch it ;-)

http://stephentall.org/2013/09/20/ukips-godfrey-bloom-brands-michael-crick-a-racist-and-hits-him-with-partys-no-black-faces-conference-brochure/

• Options
    Meanwhile, Sunny Hundal has sent a tantalising tweet:

"Big Labour announcement tonight at 6:30pm #embargo"
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    "Roger said:

FPT @SouthamObserver

Stop being such a drama queen! A story by Damien McBride serialised in the Mail is about as interesting as a SeanT post on the Burqa. If that's how trivial your vote is then put your cross against the Tories and have done with"

Roger's comment sums up all the problems with Labour - spin,spin,spin then denial, denial denial - nasty party bang to rights.
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    Godfrey Bloom is the Conservative Party's best friend.

More, I say, more!
  • Options
    As a member of the "younger generation", I doubt that using "slag" woould really have helped Mr Bloom. Using "slag" to mean (and I had to look this up) to mean "A coward" or "A contemptible person, a scumbag" is just not done. Nowadays whilst it is perhaps less offensive that "slut" it means a similar sort of thing, perhaps wider in meaning and therefore less imparting of a single one.
  • Options
    Has King Juan Carlos abdicated yet?
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    antifrank said:

4pm, I seem to remember, although whether that was UK or Spanish time was regretfully unclear.
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

A bit like the difference between a barrister and solicitor perhaps?

Yes, it's a question of whether the taxi-cab principle applies.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:
    Everyone cracked up laughing when he said it, sounds like women laughing too, hardly a tumbleweed moment...

Come on PBers get a sense of humour, leave the faux outrage to the Westminster robots
  • Options
    isam said:

RodCrosby said:
    Everyone cracked up laughing when he said it, sounds like women laughing too, hardly a tumbleweed moment...

Come on PBers get a sense of humour, leave the faux outrage to the Westminster robots
    The crick incident was funny.

• Options
    antifrank said:

Damian McBride to be appointed Director of Communications?
  • Options
    Farage: 'hitting Michael Crick over the head? Tempting...'
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,799
    Unlike a slut, a slag can be either male or female.

I know someone who had a client who complained at length about "that slag" who was intending to give evidence against him in his trial for tax evasion, and remarked how much better his prospects of acquittal would be if "that slag" wasn't around to give evidence against him. "That slag" subsequently disappeared.
  • Options
    Sky reporter: 'Bloom will have to resign or be booted out of UKIP'
  • Options
    antifrank said:

It's embargoed until 6:30 pm when he's going to announce his new job in a different leadership position.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124

antifrank said:

Damian McBride to be appointed Director of Communications?
    Ed Balls to step down?
  • Options
    antifrank said:

No. But it appears Godfrey is about to

• Options
    edited September 2013
    RodCrosby said:

Sky reporter: 'Bloom will have to resign or be booted out of UKIP'

antifrank said:

Hmm...

I'm just going to put posts together, la-la-la.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,138

As anyone seen the godfrey bloom calling crick a racist and hitting him with the ukip brochure yet,IT'S BRILLIANT WATCH - it's on the Stephen tall site,watch it ;-)

http://stephentall.org/2013/09/20/ukips-godfrey-bloom-brands-michael-crick-a-racist-and-hits-him-with-partys-no-black-faces-conference-brochure/

That is pretty funny. With any luck it will get more coverage that Farage's speech. I saw a bit at lunch time and frankly even he looked slightly bored with saying the same things once again.

• Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24179292

And meanwhile the armed-wing of the Labour Party did nothing. It is time to reform the Police Service [sic] of England: They should be a law-enforcement agency or bring back the militias (I kid yee not)!
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,917
    edited September 2013
    The big announcement involving the King of Spain today seems to be that the royal household will state this afternoon whether he will have a new operation on his left hip in the US or in Spain:

http://politica.elpais.com/politica/2013/09/20/actualidad/1379675505_370615.html

His son Felipe will represent the King at the forthcoming Ibero-American Summit.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited September 2013
    @AveryLP – “ Synonyms: - trollop - strumpet - harlot - streetwalker – slattern”

Ah, - that brings back memories of fatherly warnings from my childhood…!

All ignored of course.
  • Options
    Roger

I think you dismiss the potential impact of MacBride revelations. OK we aren't learning anything politicial anoraks such as ourselves didn't know already (Labout were unfit to govern from before 1997) - but ordinary people will be genuinely shocked or disgusted at what is emerging. Some very smelly stuff may attach to Ed n Ed. They may be forced into 'categorical condemnations' of Brown and Blair's style. Labour is being damaged by it. We just don't yet know how badly. But to poohpooh the potential for serious damage is naive. It is toxic spill.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Ed Miliband is abdicating?

• Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699

Friend of Woolas gets his comeuppance LOL
  • Options
    DavidL said:

That is pretty funny. With any luck it will get more coverage that Farage's speech. I saw a bit at lunch time and frankly even he looked slightly bored with saying the same things once again.

Respect to bloom,anyone who can turn the racism card back on lefty crick and then hit him with a brochure deserves respect ;-)

• Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,138
    Sean_F said:

Unlike a slut, a slag can be either male or female.

I know someone who had a client who complained at length about "that slag" who was intending to give evidence against him in his trial for tax evasion, and remarked how much better his prospects of acquittal would be if "that slag" wasn't around to give evidence against him. "That slag" subsequently disappeared.

Lawyers may be sluts but there are some clients you really don't want to have.
  • Options

lib dems parliamentary party is not exactly a rainbow of ethnicities so perhaps a little ironic
  • Options
    Sadiq Khan - winning the Labour nomination where he faces tough and better known opposition is one thing, winning the Mayoral election is quite another.

At 33/1 he was probably fair value, at today's best price of 14/1 (OGH please note), he doesn't look particularly compelling.
  • Options
    Grandiose said:

As a member of the "younger generation", I doubt that using "slag" woould really have helped Mr Bloom. Using "slag" to mean (and I had to look this up) to mean "A coward" or "A contemptible person, a scumbag" is just not done. Nowadays whilst it is perhaps less offensive that "slut" it means a similar sort of thing, perhaps wider in meaning and therefore less imparting of a single one.

he could have contextualized saying " I'm feeling rather gay, what with the upcoming conference etc."
  • Options
    jamesvanillajamesvanilla Posts: 5
    edited September 2013
    some of you may be interested in a chart I put together showing the predicted labour majority according to monthly yougov averages (taken from UKPR) put into baxter, since the start of the parliament.

http://www.frugallerforum.co.uk/labourmaj.png

http://www.frugallerforum.co.uk/labourmaj.png
  • Options
    Don't east end gangsters use 'slag' to refer to blokes

Eg I'm gonna get the slag wot grassed me up....
  • Options

The big announcement involving the King of Spain today seems to be that the royal household will state this afternoon whether he will have a new operation on his left hip in the US or in Spain:

http://politica.elpais.com/politica/2013/09/20/actualidad/1379675505_370615.html

His son Felipe will represent the King at the forthcoming Ibero-American Summit.

Perhaps after the hip operation he will be able to walk down steps, and someone misinterpreted the statement?
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    "This remit will enable him to meet, speak, campaign, engage with the whole London electoral college for this selection ahead of elections in 2014"

Wasnt one of Ed's reforms supposed to be an open selection for the London Mayor candidate?
  • Options
    Jamesvanilla

I like! Although the 'Labour poll slide deniers' will find fault with it. If you extrapolate the trend of the last 6 months into May 2015 it will show....bad news for Ed.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    taffys said:

My favourite episode of The Sweeney, "Money, Money, Money..." uses the word brilliantly in that context

"I'm gonna sort that slaaag..."
  • Options

@AveryLP – “ Synonyms: - trollop - strumpet - harlot - streetwalker – slattern”

Ah, - that brings back memories of fatherly warnings from my childhood…!

All ignored of course.

I was always instructed by my father to sit at the front of the class.

Missed all the fun.

• Options
    taffys said:

Not in my company they dont...
  • Options
    Grandiose said:

Grandiose

To a kipper it is not the gloss that is important.

It is getting the apostrophe in the right place.
  • Options
    tim said:

Right wing populist dilemma

Are UKIP going to campaign against the prison smoking ban?

They don't want a return to the old days of people being able to smoke anywhere they like, just that publicans should be able to have a room for people to smoke in if they so desire.

If the same applied in prison, whats the big deal?

• Options
    AveryLP said:

Grandiose said:

Grandiose

If only they still had such high standards, Avery. We need a new eurosceptic / pedantic party.
  • Options

taffys said:

East End gangsters nowadays patrol Whitechapel to make sure there are no homosexuals in the area don't they?

• Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    Roger said:

"

I disagree, Roger. SO was right, they are not fit to govern. I think much of the blame resides with Blair, Big bad Al and Peter M. They legitimised the dark arts of politics far more than anyone before them. The Brownites were applying the forces of physics, every reaction has one equal and opposite - except they were stronger, more ruthless and more numerous.

The Labour party have a history of intense nastiness and bullying over the last 20 years, if I were a member I would want a purge of the whole lot of them who have proved to be without morals, courage or honesty. The blame for the antics in the Labour party should be shared by all Labour MPs from 1997 to 2010. The are culpable for allowing this to happen in their name, and I think there is therefore a fair argument to say our own Nick Palmer (along with the other Labour MPs) is no better than the main protagonists, as he (they) lacked the morality and strength to stand up and be counted. I think the whole parliamentary party needs to do some soul searching and ask to be forgiven for the deplorable behaviour over those years. Where we as a nation have a right to expect leadership we were given a master class in the destruction of our enemies.

The Blair and Brown years will be remembered as a lost opportunity, internal fighting and economic disaster, peppered with illegal war and dishonest presentation of facts (or fiction) to take us to war.

If there is any good to come from this period of history I hope it will hasten the the dilution and reduction of influence of Political Parties.

The concept of a manifesto covering all areas that parties are then beholden to implement is crass and produces massive negative effects. A manifesto should cover the areas of National Interest. The candidates should then develop an individual and local agenda to cover the remaining detail. Far more engaging for the electorate, the candidate and reduces the influence of central party oily slickers. It would give MPs the chance to actually stand for something and do it in parliament.

Until we weaken political parties we will not overcome all the sleaze and slime that infests politics.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,045
    antifrank said:

Vince Cable has defected?
  • Options
    Until today it was 1/3 of all UKIP MEPs to have stood down or otherwise left the party since the election right?
  • Options

antifrank said:

Guessing they will say they will scrap the 'bedroom tax'..
  • Options
  • Options
    isam said:

East End gangsters nowadays patrol Whitechapel to make sure there are no homosexuals in the area don't they?

Not sure: I defer to your better knowledge. I must admit I fell into the Al-Beeb definition of "East-London" and have included a few fellows from Lewisham, Bromley and Bexley. My mistake....
  • Options
    edited September 2013

The announcements could be combined.

Sort of hip hop style.
  • Options
    isam said:

taffys said:

They're not very effective if that's the case, Sam!
  • Options

antifrank said:

Yeah, good guess. And then, if they do form the government, we can smugly say 'told you so' when they renege.
  • Options
    If you are able to lock away cash for a year and want to earn the best guaranteed (and legal) return what do you do?
  • Options
    Neil said:

AveryLP said:

Grandiose said:

Grandiose

If only they still had such high standards, Avery. We need a new eurosceptic / pedantic party.
    A pedantic party might defy definition, Neil.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    6.30 is an odd time (on a Friday?) to make an announcement.

Too late for the evening news?

Why?
  • Options
    philiph said:

6.30 is an odd time (on a Friday?) to make an annoucement.

Too late for the evening news?

Why?

To avoid moving the market? They're announcing the renationalisation of everything!
  • Options
    tim said:

isam said:

tim said:

They don't want a return to the old days of people being able to smoke anywhere they like, just that publicans should be able to have a room for people to smoke in if they so desire.

I think it's a total ban.

The key thing here is in what order Grayling plans to introduce these measures.

1."Grayling to ban smoking in prisons"

2."Grayling to ban IVF for prisoners"

3."Grayling to ban 18 plus movies in prisons"

4."Grayling to ban prisoners having sex"

Probably best go 2,3,4,1.

A full ban is certainly being considered, although no doubt a lot of compromises will be similarly considered on the long road to implementation. The next government's justice secretary will be helped by falling prison numbers, I think, if the crime stats are anything to go by.
  • Options
    tim said:

Not a dilemma at all. UKIP opposed the smoking ban. Makes no difference if it is inside or outside prison.
  • Options
    tim said:

isam said:

tim said:

I think it's a total ban.

The key thing here is in what order Grayling plans to introduce these measures.

1."Grayling to ban smoking in prisons"

2."Grayling to ban IVF for prisoners"

3."Grayling to ban 18 plus movies in prisons"

4."Grayling to ban prisoners having sex"

Probably best go 2,3,4,1.

they ought to ban drugs in prison while they're about it
  • Options
    RichardNabaviRichardNabavi Posts: 3,413
    edited September 2013

If you are able to lock away cash for a year and want to earn the best guaranteed (and legal) return what do you do?

Depends what you mean by 'guaranteed'. If you mean covered by the Financial Compensation Scheme guarantee (up to £85K), then your options are pretty limited: one year bonds (or savings accounts with introductory 'bonus') will get you at best a paltry 1.7% or so before tax.

You can get quite a lot more from corporate bonds but you need a short maturity to guarantee no capital loss from having to sell at a time when interest rates might be higher, you won't be covered by the compensation scheme, and of course there's no guarantee that any given issuer won't go bust.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Back Messi & Ronaldo to be top Champs League scorer? 30% ROI

Follow @raceclear & @scoresandscorer ???

:)
  • Options
    tim said:

antifrank said:

Yeah, good guess. And then, if they do form the government, we can smugly say 'told you so' when they renege.

Fancy a bet?

"Six out of ten voters want bedroom tax scrapped

By Adam Bienkov Friday, 20 September 2013 "

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2013/09/20/six-out-of-ten-voters-want-bedroom-tax-scrapped

There won't be any reneging on that one.
    Particularly when the Govt work out how much extra it's costing them
    If labour do want to scrap it,good on labour.
  • Options
    Speaking of prisons has anyone seen the new Cell Block H? Wentworth Prison...

So realistic! Every prisoner is a victim of circumstance who is in there through no real fault of their own!
  • Options
    Need to track down who 'Roger the cabin boy' and Seaman Staines are now then.

(yes, I know they're urban myths)
  • Options
    Good afternoon, everyone.

Mr. Isam, I haven't seen it but I'm aware of its existence (it's on right before The Walking Dead).

Reminds me slightly of the insane Corston Report, which suggested no women should ever go to prison.
  • Options

tim said:

antifrank said:

Fancy a bet?

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2013/09/20/six-out-of-ten-voters-want-bedroom-tax-scrapped

If labour do want to scrap it,good on labour.
    Ironically by 2015 there will be less of a need for it, as it will have succeeded in its aim of freeing up housing stock for those who need it.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,799

There really is "Roger the Ship's Boy" in Swallows and Amazons, along with Able Seaman Titty, and an old man whose nickname is "Salty Seaman."

I think that Arthur Ransome was having a lot of fun at his readers' expense, in a more innocent age.

• Options

he really does resemble him
  • Options
    tim said:

antifrank said:

Fancy a bet?

I suspect 6 out of 10 voters don't know what the Bedroom Tax is.
This discussion has been closed.