Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Peace in our time but not for long as Mrs May will soon run ou

13»

Comments

• RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    edited June 2018
    Now you’re talking.

All we need to decide is the name:
    Carson Bridge?
    Union Bridge?
    Ulster Bridge?
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,281
    Anazina said:

Will it be another 'Garden Bridge' like the last half-arsed scheme he championed?
    He also championed a bridge from England to France. Perhaps we might combine all three projects and build a garden bridge from Kilkeel to Dieppe by way of Stranraer.
    Maybe better to go from Cork to Brest, avoiding the 'third country'?
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950

TOPPING said:

FF43 said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

I'm not sure what the above means but if Stephen Hammond, Morgan, Mogg and Bill Cash have all signed it (A wide variety of Tory views) then May should probably go with it.

Unfortunately it doesn't mean anything. It buys time but to what purpose? What does May want other than for this to all go away?
    May really is an enigma.

She doesn't seem to have any big ideas, she doesn't seem to have any leadership skills, she doesn't seem to have any people skills and she doesn't seem to be personally ambitious.

It seems odd that she went into politics and then progressed so far up the ladder.
    Agreed. She is not stupid but she seems to have no idea of what she wants. This is a problem.

I think her role model is Angela Merkel. She sees herself as someone who can bring people together and get a deal. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be true.
    You think someone else would do better ? The problem's the iceberg, not the person arranging the deckchairs.
    If Brexit is the iceberg it is only because the EU was the Titanic which was being so badly steered in the first place. Personally I think the British are the lucky ones who got to the lifeboats first.
    Very ignoble view of your fellow Brits there Richard we’re not all like you scrabbling to escape when the going gets tough. Not surprising, that said.
    The country as a whole has had the sense to abandon the ship. Just be grateful we found room for you in spite of your desire to sink beneath the icy waters.
    The country will find itself being towed in the dinghy behind the nice yacht as it sails the high seas.
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603

"No deal looking more and more likely".

Good. Let's hope the EU-rocrats finally believe this. And start shitting themselves.

Negotiations might start getting somewhere then.

They won't, we haven't done any of the planning.
  • Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,232

Fascist Brexit is alive and well on the front of the Express:

https://twitter.com/alliehbnews/status/1006276356693483520?s=21

The 'Will of the People' stuff is sounding soooo 2017. What we need is a plan for our destiny in the post-Brexit world set out with fortitude, coherence and vim. Theresa should invite members of the public to send in their suggestions on a postcard, she'll pick the best one and go with it. That's how Blue Peter used to do things, so it would resonate.
  • No deal would of course mean no money for the EU.

Why are so many on here so abusive to each other and increasingly using unnecessary language

It.is so depressing and leads nowhere

Persuasive arguments are the way to change minds not torrents of abuse

Big G you are right, as ever.

Apologies.

Perhaps if you told Richard not to be such a monumental bellend he might listen.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,069
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

FF43 said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

I'm not sure what the above means but if Stephen Hammond, Morgan, Mogg and Bill Cash have all signed it (A wide variety of Tory views) then May should probably go with it.

Unfortunately it doesn't mean anything. It buys time but to what purpose? What does May want other than for this to all go away?
    May really is an enigma.

She doesn't seem to have any big ideas, she doesn't seem to have any leadership skills, she doesn't seem to have any people skills and she doesn't seem to be personally ambitious.

It seems odd that she went into politics and then progressed so far up the ladder.
    Agreed. She is not stupid but she seems to have no idea of what she wants. This is a problem.

I think her role model is Angela Merkel. She sees herself as someone who can bring people together and get a deal. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be true.
    You think someone else would do better ? The problem's the iceberg, not the person arranging the deckchairs.
    If Brexit is the iceberg it is only because the EU was the Titanic which was being so badly steered in the first place. Personally I think the British are the lucky ones who got to the lifeboats first.
    Very ignoble view of your fellow Brits there Richard we’re not all like you scrabbling to escape when the going gets tough. Not surprising, that said.
    The country as a whole has had the sense to abandon the ship. Just be grateful we found room for you in spite of your desire to sink beneath the icy waters.
    The country will find itself being towed in the dinghy behind the nice yacht as it sails the high seas.
    A bit like this?

https://twitter.com/romepix/status/969613533389426690?s=19

• MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,921
    Entirely OT, but can anyone recommend a cheapish, basic laptop for a friend to use for organising photos, web browsing etc...?
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,281

No deal would of course mean no money for the EU.

I think this was discussed earlier - IIRC we are already legally committed to pay the £39bn. We could of course default but that would hike the cost of borrowing considerably, not to say trash our reputation in the world.
    Foxy said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

FF43 said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

May really is an enigma.

A bit like this?

Wasn’t that on p.14 of the Treasury’s pre-Brexit forecast?
    Mortimer said:

Entirely OT, but can anyone recommend a cheapish, basic laptop for a friend to use for organising photos, web browsing etc...?

I am pleased by my new Chromebook. Great value.
  • SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,879

It's Corbyn's dream scenario.

• RobDRobD Posts: 58,941

I think this was discussed earlier - IIRC we are already legally committed to pay the £39bn. We could of course default but that would hike the cost of borrowing considerably, not to say trash our reputation in the world.
    Aren't those pension liabilities due over the next 40-odd years? I don't think it has to be paid all up front.
    TOPPING said:

Foxy said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

FF43 said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

May really is an enigma.

A bit like this?

Wasn’t that on p.14 of the Treasury’s pre-Brexit forecast?
    I must admit that the canabalism doesn't really appeal, but what else can we do when there are no strawberry pickers?
  • SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,879

murali_s said:

LOL!

The Leavers don't want to own Brexit. WTF!

You own it you thick mother-f*cks. Own it FFS!

Brexit = a calamity
    Brexiteers = Idiots!

Murali = An antidemocratic twat.

Struggling to see why it is anti-democratic to expect those who advocated and voted for something to take responsibility for its consequences.

• viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,232
    Mortimer said:

What you need is a bog-basic laptop.

So you need a place that sells bog-basic laptops.

Cue Argos.

http://www.argos.co.uk/browse/technology/laptops-and-pcs/laptops-and-netbooks/c:30049/opt/sort:price/
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,772
    FF43 said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

May really is an enigma.

I honestly think we are getting to the point where any direction is better than remaining in this never ending muddle. Sometimes you just have to choose.

murali_s said:

LOL!

Brexit = a calamity
    Brexiteers = Idiots!

Murali = An antidemocratic twat.

Struggling to see why it is anti-democratic to expect those who advocated and voted for something to take responsibility for its consequences.

He really doesn’t help his argument by calling people “thick motherfucks”.
    Foxy said:

Mortimer said:

I am pleased by my new Chromebook. Great value.
    Thanks.

I've not used PCs for 6 years, so am a bit out of touch. Does the basic version have the processing power to organise large numbers of photos. Is there a USB/memory card port etc?
  • ElliotElliot Posts: 1,516
    Sean_F said:

murali_s said:

LOL!

Brexit = a calamity
    Brexiteers = Idiots!

Why don't you try showing us what intellectual credentials you possess, rather than just shouting?
    Murali doesn't have any intellectual credentials. His/her intellect is no better than his/her pitiful moral character.
  • hamiltonacehamiltonace Posts: 642
    It would be a good idea for some of the Brexiters to listen to the Love Island discussion about Brexit which was played on Radio 5 today. There is no real mandate in the country for anything except a gentle decoupling of the UK from some of the more extreme centralisation of power in Europe. The majority do not understand the issues and don't want big changes whether they voted remain or leave.

The reason there is no recession or businesses moving is that we have confidence that TM will deliver the fudge. That means we will stay in the common market and have freedom of movement so we can continue to hire EC nationals without any big issue.

I agree entirely that a second referendum is a waste of time. It is up to our politicians to step up.

TM has in my view played the game very well and I am not a supporter of her. She has a great opportunity now to fire DD and get a good deal from the Europeans directly. I even expect her to keep the financial passport for the City and improve the fishing deal. We will be out of EC but in name mostly.
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,697
    Boris does seem to like his bridges doesn't he? :D

It would be a good idea for some of the Brexiters to listen to the Love Island discussion about Brexit which was played on Radio 5 today. There is no real mandate in the country for anything except a gentle decoupling of the UK from some of the more extreme centralisation of power in Europe. The majority do not understand the issues and don't want big changes whether they voted remain or leave.

The reason there is no recession or businesses moving is that we have confidence that TM will deliver the fudge. That means we will stay in the common market and have freedom of movement so we can continue to hire EC nationals without any big issue.

I agree entirely that a second referendum is a waste of time. It is up to our politicians to step up.

TM has in my view played the game very well and I am not a supporter of her. She has a great opportunity now to fire DD and get a good deal from the Europeans directly. I even expect her to keep the financial passport for the City and improve the fishing deal. We will be out of EC but in name mostly.

What as it about 3 set piece speeches repeating that we'd be coming out of the SM and abolishing EU FOM that you didn't understand?
    Why the hell would we want to be joined onto Northern Ireland? Did someone tell Boris that his job as FS was to build bridges or something?
    SeanT said:

Foxy said:

Good. Let's hope the EU-rocrats finally believe this. And start shitting themselves.

The brown trousers are on this side of the table. The EU27 seem quite sanguine, and bemused by our passive aggressive tantrum.

It is now six months to go, and from what I see all we seem to have discussed is what we signed up to last December. If it was poorly understood then, why did we sign.

9 months to go, and no visible progress seems to put the default No Deal Brexit in pole position.

lol. You didn't notice the entire Italian election then? Or indeed the ongoing situation in Poland, Hungary, Sweden, Austria, or the NF's second place in France (and Macron's plunging poll ratings) or the unprecedented rise of the AfD, or the Greek crisis, or the blah blah blah

What's the point? People like you are idiots, with an IQ below that which is necessary for informed debate.

The EU27 are not united, nothing could be further from the truth. The EU (as in Brussels) is right now threatening to withhold the benefits of membership from several East European countries because of their willingnesss to defy Brussels on migration,

The apparently united front we are facing is not the EU27, it is the EU Commission, which has been delegated the responsibility of negotiating Brexit. That is a very different creature from the EU27.

And it is of course united, as it has one aim: to dissolve national sovereignty and identity in the soup of European Federalism, where Warsaw or Lisbon will have no more say in their pan-continental, superpower government than Austin Texas or Sacramento California.

If the Commission can humble and defeat us, and best of all split us up (i.e. hive off Scotland and Ulster), then their most powerfully recalcitrant member will be destroyed, and then their final task is just about done. Federalism awaits. And Budapest can go fuck itself.
    Migration policies they never signed up for nor even realised they were im scope of the treaties. The real benefit of Brexit is being outside such twisting of mandates that could happen in future.
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,004
    TOPPING said:

Why are so many on here so abusive to each other and increasingly using unnecessary language

Apologies.

Perhaps if you told Richard not to be such a monumental bellend he might listen.
    To be honest I agree and while not wanting to sound all Calvinistic abusive language between each other is just so wrong when so many good arguments can be made from each side
    DavidL said:

FF43 said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

May really is an enigma.

I honestly think we are getting to the point where any direction is better than remaining in this never ending muddle. Sometimes you just have to choose.
    Muddling through is underrated.
  • FF43FF43 Posts: 15,545
    DavidL said:

FF43 said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

May really is an enigma.

Do you really think cancelling Brexit is better than the muddle ? I believe that's the viable alternative, but I'm not particularly pushing it.
    Grieve playing down the importance of these votes on newsnight - sounds like safe wins for the government on everything.

TOPPING said:

Apologies.

To be honest I agree and while not wanting to sound all Calvinistic abusive language between each other is just so wrong when so many good arguments can be made from each side
    Remainers insult Brexiters because they think Brexiters are stupid.

Brexiters insult Remainers because they know that the Remainers are right.
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Apologies.

Remainers insult Brexiters because they were overspoilt children that can't handle not getting their way. Brexiters insult Remainers as a parent disciplines a child now and again.
    FF43 said:

DavidL said:

FF43 said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

May really is an enigma.

Do you really think cancelling Brexit is better than the muddle ? I believe that's the viable alternative, but I'm not particularly pushing it.
    No Brexit should not be cancelled. But we need to be clear what we want and what we will not accept. Playing silly games with words to hide deep underlying differences on our own side of the fence is not leadership and will inevitably lead to disaster in our discussions with the EU. We need to be clear. If the EU tells us to piss off so be it. At least we know where we are and what we need to do about it. At the moment the uncertainty is killing us.
  • hamiltonacehamiltonace Posts: 642
    Mortimer said:

What as it about 3 set piece speeches repeating that we'd be coming out of the SM and abolishing EU FOM that you didn't understand?

The fact that unlike you I give the Government over a £1m a year in taxes and as a result politicians will talk to me and tell me not to worry. Speeches I ignore as you should.

Elliot said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Apologies.

Remainers insult Brexiters because they were overspoilt children that can't handle not getting their way. Brexiters insult Remainers as a parent disciplines a child now and again.
    Nah. It’s a natural tendency by Brexiters as a defence mechanism. Perfectly understandable.

Mortimer said:

The fact that unlike you I give the Government over a £1m a year in taxes and as a result politicians will talk to me and tell me not to worry. Speeches I ignore as you should.

I've been speaking to ministers, MPs and MEPs since Brexit and especially in the last 12 months. Literally no-one has drifted from the line that we're leaving the Single Market.
    edited June 2018
    TOPPING said:

Elliot said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Apologies.

Nah. It’s a natural tendency by Brexiters as a defence mechanism. Perfectly understandable.
    Repeating the same flawed point incessantly is another characteristically childlike tendency of Remainers. You lost. Sometimes things don't go your way. Accept it and move on. It's part of growing up.
    Mortimer said:

Grieve playing down the importance of these votes on newsnight - sounds like safe wins for the government on everything.

That would be a bit of good news. We shall see over the next 2 days.
    DavidL said:

Mortimer said:

That would be a bit of good news. We shall see over the next 2 days.
    He has tabled what sounds like another fudge on the meaningful vote Lords amendment, too. If the Govt. don't go for it, then they evidently think they have the votes.
    Elliot said:

TOPPING said:

Elliot said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Apologies.

Repeating the same flawed point incessantly is another characteristically child like tendency of Remainers. You lost. Sometimes things don't go you way. Accept it and move on. It's part of growing up.
    Typical Brexiter, seeing only what they want to see. Of course I lost. It seems that it’s only Remainers who accept this. Brexiters seem to be constantly whining about the dark forces trying to sabotage them.

If you hadn’t noticed we are now discussing what happens next.
    SeanT said:

Foxy said:

The brown trousers are on this side of the table. The EU27 seem quite sanguine, and bemused by our passive aggressive tantrum.

It is now six months to go, and from what I see all we seem to have discussed is what we signed up to last December. If it was poorly understood then, why did we sign.

9 months to go, and no visible progress seems to put the default No Deal Brexit in pole position.

lol. You didn't notice the entire Italian election then? Or indeed the ongoing situation in Poland, Hungary, Sweden, Austria, or the NF's second place in France (and Macron's plunging poll ratings) or the unprecedented rise of the AfD, or the Greek crisis, or the blah blah blah

What's the point? People like you are idiots, with an IQ below that which is necessary for informed debate.

The EU27 are not united, nothing could be further from the truth. The EU (as in Brussels) is right now threatening to withhold the benefits of membership from several East European countries because of their willingnesss to defy Brussels on migration,

The apparently united front we are facing is not the EU27, it is the EU Commission, which has been delegated the responsibility of negotiating Brexit. That is a very different creature from the EU27.

And it is of course united, as it has one aim: to dissolve national sovereignty and identity in the soup of European Federalism, where Warsaw or Lisbon will have no more say in their pan-continental, superpower government than Austin Texas or Sacramento California.

If the Commission can humble and defeat us, and best of all split us up (i.e. hive off Scotland and Ulster), then their most powerfully recalcitrant member will be destroyed, and then their final task is just about done. Federalism awaits. And Budapest can go fuck itself.
    Scotland is valuable. Ulster is a money sink of religious bigots who get angry at flegs. Let it go.
    edited June 2018
    TOPPING said:

Elliot said:

TOPPING said:

Elliot said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Apologies.

Repeating the same flawed point incessantly is another characteristically child like tendency of Remainers. You lost. Sometimes things don't go you way. Accept it and move on. It's part of growing up.
    Typical Brexiter, seeing only what they want to see. Of course I lost. It seems that it’s only Remainers who accept this. Brexiters seem to be constantly whining about the dark forces trying to sabotage them.

Remainers haven't accepted it for a moment. They grind the government to a halt every two months with the latest rearguard fight to try to keep us in.

Look, if being in the EU is so important to you, and your contempt for British electorate so much, why don't you just move to another EU state? You lot keep mentioning how great Germany is.
  • Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,846
    edited June 2018
    TOPPING said:

Elliot said:

TOPPING said:

Elliot said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Apologies.

No you are intent on trying to negate Brexit entirely. You have never accepted the result as valid hence the endless reasons you try to create to undermine it. And of course hence our utter contempt for you.
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,765

Mortimer said:

I give the government a million a year in tax, but I don't have a hotline to them.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,789
    Elliot said:

Ulster is a money sink of religious bigots who get angry at flegs. Let it go.

Elliot said:

Look, if being in the EU is so important to you, and your contempt for British electorate so much, why don't you just move to another EU state?

Is your goal a one-party state of Brexit believers?
    Elliot said:

SeanT said:

Foxy said:

Scotland is valuable. Ulster is a money sink of religious bigots who get angry at flegs. Let it go.
    We should abandon bits of the country that are a net drain on the exchequer and have populations that are socially conservative?

It’s more than Ulster we’d need to ditch in that case. Personally, I’d rather avoid further Balkanisation of what is already a small country.

Elliot said:

Elliot said:

Look, if being in the EU is so important to you, and your contempt for British electorate so much, why don't you just move to another EU state?

I think the motto will be “One country, one people, one Brexit”.
    Mortimer said:

What happens then?
    edited June 2018
    SeanT said:

Foxy said:

So what progress has been made in the last six months?

What should we expect from the next nine? I expect the EU27 to remain united in respect to Brexit policy (after all, that is what Unions are for). They will argue amongst themselves over other issues, but such is the nature of Democracy.

I expect May to go BINO, once she thinks that it is too late for anything else including an ERG coup. Her judgement is famously poor, so that tactic could easily backfire.
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,263
    Foxy said:

I don't know, it seems to me that Mrs May has developed a real appetite for fudge. The EU is unparalleled at fudge - if that's what she wants, she will probably get it, and we'll spend another 5 years exploring what it might mean.
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,765
    SeanT said:

Look, like the rest of you, I hate this endless division. We are all humble mortals, just PB-ers. None of knows the right way: whether you are Remainer or Leaver, it is, for ALL of us, a gamble, a hunch, an intuition. Who can predict what the UK will be like in 5 years, or 10, let alone, Europe, or, for God's sake, the world?

No one.

So we need to make peace.

If Remainers can admit they are disgusting pieces of traitorous human feces, half ejected by the puckering anus that is Brussels, and relying on the Fraudulent Article 50 to prove that they can, with foreign help, destroy their own country, and that they therefore deserve to die in a vat of boiled stomach acid, then we Leavers will admit we were slightly over-optimistic patriots, with the best of intentions, who may yet win out over our excremental opponents.

Deal?

I think that's a very generous offer.
    GIN1138 said:

Mortimer said:

What happens then?
    More can kicking, presumably?

The problem, as I've long suspected, is not opposition to the Brexit reality within the country, but intransigence from unelected European officials.

A shake up strategy is required. I'm not sure May's administration is in a position to do that; unless there is a very cunning, super secret plan being hatched somewhere.
    Mortimer said:

GIN1138 said:

Mortimer said:

What happens then?
    More can kicking, presumably?

The problem, as I've long suspected, is not opposition to the Brexit reality within the country, but intransigence from unelected European officials.

A shake up strategy is required. I'm not sure May's administration is in a position to do that; unless there is a very cunning, super secret plan being hatched somewhere.
    Sooner or later they won't have any more road in which the kick the can.
    Goodnight all. That’s enough Brexit for one day.
  • AnazinaAnazina Posts: 3,487
    edited June 2018
    As I forecast last week, the votes midweek will be a damp squib. The rebellion is weak, and today’s piece of fudgeteering effectively kicks the Customs Union vote down the road in any case.

May seems to get on well with Macron and Merkel. She should just sack the three clowns and call the brexiteers’ bluff. It remains highly possible that she can fudge a moderate deal that will attract
    broad public support.
    RobD said:

Elliot said:

Elliot said:

I think the motto will be “One country, one people, one Brexit”.
    Surely time for a rousing chorus?

https://youtu.be/FN7r0Rr1Qyc
  • CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,074
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

May really is an enigma.

May is not a politician. She seems to have no political skills at all. At best, she is an administrator, though not even a particularly good one, judging by what we’re now learning about what went on in the Home Office.

Such decision-making skills as she has are exhausted once she’s decided what shoes she’s going to wear that day.
  • AnazinaAnazina Posts: 3,487
    Sean_F said:

SeanT said:

Look, like the rest of you, I hate this endless division. We are all humble mortals, just PB-ers. None of knows the right way: whether you are Remainer or Leaver, it is, for ALL of us, a gamble, a hunch, an intuition. Who can predict what the UK will be like in 5 years, or 10, let alone, Europe, or, for God's sake, the world?

No one.

If Remainers can admit they are disgusting pieces of traitorous human feces, half ejected by the puckering anus that is Brussels, and relying on the Fraudulent Article 50 to prove that they can, with foreign help, destroy their own country, and that they therefore deserve to die in a vat of boiled stomach acid, then we Leavers will admit we were slightly over-optimistic patriots, with the best of intentions, who may yet win out over our excremental opponents.

Deal?

I think that's a very generous offer.
    Boiling the stomach acid seems a bit de trop.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,959

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Bomb Dublin. What would they do? Invade us with their theme pubs?
    You make more sense when you're sober Sean.
    No, I don't. I really don't. I make more sense when I am not bored senseless by tedious Remainery bollocks.

Which is what dullard europhiles like Scott P and Alisder Meeks excrete, day after day. Yes. Brexit is a bitch, and will fuck us up for a while. Why? Because Article 50 makes it deliberately rough and punitive. Why are we signed up to A50? Because it was in the EU Constitution/Lisbon Treaty, on which europhiles promised us a referendum (and which eurosceptics would doubtless have won, and therefore nixed) but then they reneged on that promise, and so here we are. Stuck with A50.

Brexiting is awful and painful. Why? Because europhiles lied and forced us into Treaties we didn't want, and which we would have voted down, if the europhiles had possessed an ounce of moral worth and had fulfilled their promises.

Europhiles are lying c*nts, by definition. They are life undeserving of life. Discuss.

NOW I will drink.
    Amazing and this is actually more coherent than Tyndall’s views on Brexit.
    Topping you are simply too fucking dumb to understand anyone's views on Brexit. Most of the time I am amazed you even know how to use a keyboard.
    They say if you have an infinite number of monkeys sats at keyboards and an infinite amount f time, they would evntually create all the works of Shakespeare.

Perhpas Pineapple Pizza Topping is an infinite number of monkeys....?
  • swing_voterswing_voter Posts: 1,435
    Cyclefree said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

May really is an enigma.

May is not a politician. She seems to have no political skills at all. At best, she is an administrator, though not even a particularly good one, judging by what we’re now learning about what went on in the Home Office.

Such decision-making skills as she has are exhausted once she’s decided what shoes she’s going to wear that day.
    None of the Cabinet are coming out of this looking particularly good, Gove may be the only one out of the BREXIT team who can walk away sort of unscathed. I still think a Putsch of sorts by younger Tory backbenchers is on the cards
    Looks like Farage has managed to catch himself in a direct lie.
    https://twitter.com/scottmstedman/status/1006264779151794179?s=21
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,771

Looks like Farage has managed to catch himself in a direct lie.
    https://twitter.com/scottmstedman/status/1006264779151794179?s=21

And you know what, he won't give a shit.
  • Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,880

Nobody is ever going to change their mind on Brexit whether showered in emollient rhetoric or ST's drink soaked abuse. The battle lines are drawn.

ALAB.
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    RoyalBlue said:

Now you’re talking.

All we need to decide is the name:
    Carson Bridge?
    Union Bridge?
    Ulster Bridge?
    Lady Isabella (Carson’s mum) has a nice ring to it. Also building bridges (so to speak) with the Catholics...
    Mortimer said:

Does Mrs May know your ‘friend’is planning to “organise photos” and “web browse”

Mortimer said:

In my experience politicians always talk to you and tell you not to worry.

Especially if you are bearing a cheque
    Charles said:

Mortimer said:

In my experience politicians always talk to you and tell you not to worry.

Especially if you are bearing a cheque
    "Don't worry Mrs May. Another zero on that cheque and we'll see you right..."
  • PurplePurple Posts: 150
    SeanT said:

No one.

Deal?

If you're such a patriot, why do you use the foreign spelling "feces"?
  • PurplePurple Posts: 150
    edited June 2018
    Does that guy never learn? A "garden bridge" over the Thames, a bridge over the Channel, and now a bridge between Scotland and Ireland. Why not go the whole hog and have five bridges to the Isle of Man, one each from Wales, Scotland, England, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland?

It's almost as though he wants his name in the papers.
    HYUFD said:
    What a pathetic headline! Are they losing their touch at the Sun?
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,922
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,771
    Apparently the afternoon sessions have now been cancelled, so it's now just a half day summit.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,575
    rcs1000 said:

Apparently the afternoon sessions have now been cancelled, so it's now just a half day summit.
    There’s a golf course nearby ?
    Both sides have declared the summit a ‘success’ - but the only thing we know for sure is what was on the lunch menu.
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614
    Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

Of course, right next door to the hotel where they’re meeting.

But what a meeting, fair play to both sides for actually getting round the table.
    Hope they sort this out before the Olympics - Airbnb just cancelled about 80% of their Japanese listings:
    https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Sharing-Economy/Japan-home-sharing-law-causes-renters-to-exit-market
    Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

Of course, right next door to the hotel where they’re meeting.

But what a meeting, fair play to both sides for actually getting round the table.
    Indeed.
    Despite my antipathy towards Trump, i’m hoping that this produces something of substance beyond the photo op.
  • OchEyeOchEye Posts: 1,469

Will it be another 'Garden Bridge' like the last half-arsed scheme he championed?
    Is that the Garden Bridge that the Met Police are investigating a missing £40 million, as requested by a Commons Committee?
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,959
    Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

What chance this Glorious Leader having another round of 11 holes in one?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/golf/golf-course-north-koreas-leader-11325632
  • ABLAABLABLAABL Posts: 23
    Really big votes over the next two days. However, it looks like Theresa May has probably done enough to keep her rebel MPs onside (except maybe on the “meaningful vote” amendment.

Important to note this isn’t the piece of legislation where some of her own MPs attached a major Customs Union clause to and that will come back to parliament in a few weeks. She might win this 2 day battle but will have so many more major challenges shortly…

https://www.abitleftandabitlost.com/posts/theresa-may-could-knock-back-every-amendment-this-week-and-still-have-a-worse-june-than-last-year
This discussion has been closed.