Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Despite an overwhelming majority of voters thinking Brexit is

12346»

Comments

• BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,987

Barnesian said:

Pulpstar said:

Conservatives Anna Soubry and Ken Clarke voted against the programme motion; Labour's Kate Hoey and Frank Field voted with the government.

Seems a good swap - increases the average IQ on both sides
    I think it is mathematically impossible for both sides to increase their mean IQ.

You are promoted to Chief Economic Advisor to the Government, please pick up your 250k salary.
    It isn't mathematically impossible - that's the point of the joke.

Side A average IQ 90, side B average IQ 110.

Swap a person with IQ 120 from side A with a person of IQ 100 from side B and both sides increase their mean IQ.
    No Side A's mean has gone down in your example.

The point of the joke is with one person changing not a swap.

Side A average IQ 90, side B average IQ 110.

Person with IQ 100 moves from B to A - both sides increase their mean IQ.
    Yes - that's better. I'd better stand in the dunce corner!
  • Andy_CookeAndy_Cooke Posts: 4,814
    You can improve mean IQ of both sides only by having one direction of move (eg from A to B): if all of side A is more intelligent than side B, and the least intelligent member of side A moves to side B, both sides improve in mean intelligence.

If, however, there's a trade (ie flow in both directions), it can't work the same way.
  • another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,024

Pulpstar said:

Also I don't think the chief instigators and architects from the remain camp can complain too much about xenophobia and lieing, I for one ruled out voting Tory in 2015 immediately after seeing this poster in Broxtowe:

https://twitter.com/Pulpstar/status/1006450345483079680

The 'backstabber' meme used against Ed Miliband had anti-semitic undertones.
    How? Backstabbing makes me think historically of Romans and Brutus etc not Jews.
    That's because you're not an anti-semite.

It turns out that backstabbing is a thing alleged about Jews because they are supposedly 'treacherous' and have 'divided loyalties' or some such allegation.

I only found out about such things during the frothing about the George Soros as puppet-master image.

Previously I had associated sinister puppet masters with Don Corleone in the Godfather.
This discussion has been closed.