Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » David Davis quits possibly making a challenge to TMay more lik

Comments

• Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

Pulpstar said:

If Barnier rejects the plan then May has to walk away.

... She's not prepared to walk away....
    Why do you think that is, I wonder?
    She's petrified and doesn't believe in it. In which case she should never have ran at the time.

If you're not prepared to walk away cleanly you will never get a good negotiation.

It's exactly the same as that to have a good peace you must be prepared to fight, to get a good negotiation you must be prepared to walk away. Barnier is prepared to, May is not, so May has zero power or influence.
    There's a much simpler explanation: the consequences of walking away would be utterly disastrous.
    Well then maybe in the referendum when Leavers were proposing we walk away and take back control maybe those who believe walking away would be a disaster should have said so?

Except they did and we chose to take back control anyway despite it apparently risking disaster.

In order to take back control we need to be prepared to walk away and risk disaster if need be. Otherwise we may as well tell the EU that we are their vassal and will do whatever they want.
    No Leavers said anyone who warned about the economic risks of Brexit were peddling project fear.
    Yes so take both at their word. Be prepared to do what the leavers said and if the risks turn out to be not there then they were right and if disaster happens the Remainers were right.

If leavers were now saying don't prepare for No Deal then you'd have a point that they his risks but they're not
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,387
    Always kept on telling you David Davis is a copper bottomed shit.

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/1016235638868332544
  • Options
    kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456
    Can anybody advise, I am having a problem with vanilla not updating comments it seems to be about an hour or two behind when its on my iphone, any ideas why?
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,814
    Alistair said:

It is at time's like these that I am thankful we do not have the total chaos we would have had under Ed Miliband

https://twitter.com/David_Cameron/status/595112367358406656

:D
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,962

I thought a lot of the opposition to that was the reduction to 600 seats which has now gone?
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,619
    Theresa May’s new policy will prevail in the Conservative party’s internal battle over Britain’s future relationship with the EU. The main reason for this is that the UK’s prime minister is no longer working against the grain of logic, but very much with it.

https://www.ft.com/content/b6a5a89e-8303-11e8-96dd-fa565ec55929
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,917
    Interesting they've commented on Baker's resignation before Davis's.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Can't be much longer before Boris is going to have to come out of hiding.

We've not heard a word from him in days and days.

Theresa might even have him tied up in the Downing St. basement... :D
  • Options
    RobD said:

I thought a lot of the opposition to that was the reduction to 600 seats which has now gone?
    Davis is a shit.

Even with the DUP on board it only takes a handful of Tory MPs to rebel
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,269
    Alistair said:

It is at time's like these that I am thankful we do not have the total chaos we would have had under Ed Miliband

"First you gave the Leavers their Referendum, and then you let them go and win it!"
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,204
    GIN1138 said:

Can't be much longer before Boris is going to have to come out of hiding.

We've not heard a word from him in days and days.

Theresa might even have him tied up in the Downing St. basement... :D

He's writing two articles.
  • Options
    kjohnw said:

Can anybody advise, I am having a problem with vanilla not updating comments it seems to be about an hour or two behind when its on my iphone, any ideas why?

You need to be actually logged in to see the updates (I think).
  • Options

kjohnw said:

The mot exclusive PBers get to see comments before they are even made. Handy for those juicy betting tips.
  • Options
    hamiltonacehamiltonace Posts: 642
    The snp lost the support of business and ultimately lost their hopes of independence and with Brexit it is the same. Brexiters can blame who they want but they need to look at themselves. Boris summed up why a hard Brexit was never going to happen. There is an argument for a hard Brexit but it requires the government to turn around and say Fook the consumer. This has happened in Switzerland where my beef steak this weekend cost. £15 at the local supermarket or in Korea where only borrowing for heavy capital investment is allowed. No cheap car loans. Or in Ireland business is told forgot about paying taxes even when part of eu.

• Options

kjohnw said:

I have iphone SE but when i try to login it does not let me says site is 'unsecure' ?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,105
    Davis' departure makes no difference to the EU telling the Prime Minister to fuck off with her "take it or leave it" Cabinet-approved deal....
  • Options
    NemtynakhtNemtynakht Posts: 2,311

Pulpstar said:

She's petrified and doesn't believe in it. In which case she should never have ran at the time.

If you're not prepared to walk away cleanly you will never get a good negotiation.

It's exactly the same as that to have a good peace you must be prepared to fight, to get a good negotiation you must be prepared to walk away. Barnier is prepared to, May is not, so May has zero power or influence.
    There's a much simpler explanation: the consequences of walking away would be utterly disastrous.
    Well then maybe in the referendum when Leavers were proposing we walk away and take back control maybe those who believe walking away would be a disaster should have said so?

Except they did and we chose to take back control anyway despite it apparently risking disaster.

In order to take back control we need to be prepared to walk away and risk disaster if need be. Otherwise we may as well tell the EU that we are their vassal and will do whatever they want.
    No Leavers said anyone who warned about the economic risks of Brexit were peddling project fear.
    Even if you call it project fear or not - it was still stated before the vote, and actually I voted remain because it seemed to much of a economic risk. Let’s be honest a significant part of the economic analysis provided by remain has already been disproved. Whether you think a punishment budget etc was Project Fear or not I’ll leave it up to you.
  • Options
    tpfkartpfkar Posts: 1,546
    RobD said:

It hasn't gone at all. The proposal to cancel the reduction to 600 seats was in the Afzal Khan private members bill, which the Gvt has disgracefully blocked from proceeding despite the Commons voting for it at 2nd reading (take back control huh?)

The final proposals to be sent to Gvt in September. I just wonder if they will pull a fast one, and move the proposals for England Wales and Scotland, and not NI (they can do this apparently) Would be sneaky but wouldn't put it past the Tories when desperate.
  • Options
    anothernickanothernick Posts: 3,578

Theresa May’s new policy will prevail in the Conservative party’s internal battle over Britain’s future relationship with the EU. The main reason for this is that the UK’s prime minister is no longer working against the grain of logic, but very much with it.

Logic? Since when have the Tory Brexiteers been influenced by what is logical? Their stance is antithetical to logic.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    kjohnw said:

kjohnw said:

I have iphone SE but when i try to login it does not let me says site is 'unsecure' ?
    That is a problem that will only get worse. RCS needs to stop messing about making videos and turn pb into an https site. Browsers are becoming more and more sniffy about insecure ones, and the next release of Chrome will ratchet up the stakes even more.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Loving the Brexiteers now arguing whether the Chequers deal is Brexit or not.

And why they resigned, or didn't.
  • Options
    Blue_rogBlue_rog Posts: 2,019
    kjohnw said:

Also, when you,re not logged in, the time reverts to GMT
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,884
    edited July 2018

Here comes the weirdo again on sky.

Not at a tv at present - who is the weirdo among so many
    Some guy with an absolutely massive "Brexit - It is worth it" sign on parliament green and then as soon as Sky start to interview somebody he runs up and waves around smaller versions of the same sign in the background. He looks a right odd one.
    Not the dancing leprechaun Brexiteer?

https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/805831597417172992
    He's enjoying himself and doing no harm. Let him be. ;)
    The joys of filming in a public park!

His banner actually says: “Brexit: is it worth it?” and is draped in a Union flag with twelve stars on it, so I’d say he’s more likely to be a mad Remainer than a mad Brexiteer.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Me? Are you kidding? I was with you all the time! That was beautiful! Did you see the way the Leavers fell into our trap? Ha Ha!
  • Options
    RobD said:

600 Seats hasn’t gone, is still going to be the proposal brought forward in the autumn.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    MaxPB said:

Pulpstar said:

It would be today, but how much of a disaster would it be if the government had spent the last two and a bit years planning for it, investing in customs infrastructure, subsidising industry to help lengthen supply chains, getting the existing EU-Third country deals rolled over? Instead we've done no planning, the trade secretary has been too busy kissing Don's arse and industry has no fucking clue as to what the fallback position is and can't plan anything.
    Yeah, anyone who voted Leave in 2016 and Tory in 2017 must be pretty embarrassed right about now.

TBH only either Labour or a stronger Tory government can see Brexit through.
  • Options
    mwadamsmwadams Posts: 3,139

Pulpstar said:

This, of course, is the massive flaw in the whole thing. The "leave" coalition was free to peddle *every* form of the argument, however contradictory. The "remain" coalition had no concrete "alternatives" to peddle (having burned their options *before* the referendum with the damp squib renegotiation).

So yes - Project Fear on the one hand, and Take Back Control Whatever The Cost on the other. Contradictory. Impossible to reconcile. And the basis on which we are leaving.
  • Options
    currystarcurrystar Posts: 1,171
    Freggles said:

MaxPB said:

Pulpstar said:

It would be today, but how much of a disaster would it be if the government had spent the last two and a bit years planning for it, investing in customs infrastructure, subsidising industry to help lengthen supply chains, getting the existing EU-Third country deals rolled over? Instead we've done no planning, the trade secretary has been too busy kissing Don's arse and industry has no fucking clue as to what the fallback position is and can't plan anything.
    Yeah, anyone who voted Leave in 2016 and Tory in 2017 must be pretty embarrassed right about now.

TBH only either Labour or a stronger Tory government can see Brexit through.
    Labour????? The majority of their MPs want to cancel Brexit
  • Options
    Andrea Leadsom on DP

"The British public knew exactly what they were voting for"

This isn't Brexit

"I don't agree"

If Brexiteers can't agree if this is Brexit or not, how the fuck can they claim we knew what we were voting for?
  • Options
    Tories have lost their knack of eviscerating their leaders... :(
  • Options
    People's Vote petition hits 200,000
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Tories have lost their knack of eviscerating their leaders... :(
    I wouldn't overly worry, someone had fed Beth the line Lidington was going to be Brexit Sec when I was getting dressed this morning.
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,712

Alistair said:

"First you gave the Leavers their Referendum, and then you let them go and win it!"
    So Cameron was first with the Strong and Stable (or vice versa) slogan.
    To be fair, things probably would have been quieter under Miliband.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,056
    Scott_P said:

Andrea Leadsom on DP

This isn't Brexit

"I don't agree"

If Brexiteers can't agree if this is Brexit or not, how the fuck can they claim we knew what we were voting for?

A second referendum is surely inevitable now. This can't go on.
  • Options

Only 17 million to go.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,283
    MaxPB said:
    Max not a good look especially in advance of your wedding.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Andrea Leadsom on DP

This isn't Brexit

"I don't agree"

It's a damn shame the Referendum voting form didn't spell out in some small print at the bottom what 'Leave' vote meant e.g. exit EU, SM, CU.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Andrea Leadsom on DP

This isn't Brexit

"I don't agree"

Oh, but it can. For years.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Andrea Leadsom on DP

This isn't Brexit

"I don't agree"

Haven't some of the most heated exchanges on here been between Brexiters who have argued with each other over what any particular preferred flavour of Brexit actually means.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,986
    Sandpit said:

Some guy with an absolutely massive "Brexit - It is worth it" sign on parliament green and then as soon as Sky start to interview somebody he runs up and waves around smaller versions of the same sign in the background. He looks a right odd one.

His banner actually says: “Brexit: is it worth it?” and is draped in a Union flag with twelve stars on it, so I’d say he’s more likely to be a mad Remainer than a mad Brexiteer.
    I was referring to the leprechaun. :)
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Scott_P said:

Andrea Leadsom on DP

This isn't Brexit

"I don't agree"

Haven't some of the most heated exchanges on here been between Brexiters who have argued with each other over what any particular preferred flavour of Brexit actually means.
    Even as May's deal is denounced for being "not Brexit" some of the original EFTA/EEA lot are still arguing that it was only project fear from the Remain campaign that said Brexit meant leaving the single market.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,105
    Definitely has the feel of The Last Days of Something Collapsing.....
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

MaxPB said:
    What's his wedding got to do with anything ?
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,619

Logic? Since when have the Tory Brexiteers been influenced by what is logical? Their stance is antithetical to logic.
    You see Mrs May as a 'Brexiteer'?

It's a view.....
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    2 Brexiteers on DP. Both of them claim the British public knew what they voted for.

One says they are delivering it

One says they are being betrayed
  • Options

Sandpit said:

I was referring to the leprechaun. :)
    There’s now I think four Remain protestors annoying the hell out of Adam Boulton on College Green. They’re waving EU flags and wearing hats that say “Stop Brexit” as well as the aforementioned signs. Rather amusing if you’re not a Sky News producer, democracy’s fun sometimes!
  • Options
    Leadsome and Boris should both walk (as it appears their jobs are both up for grabs as far as Number 10 is concerned)

Terrible party management from Theresa May again.
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    I can buy in to all that. He would most certainly have my vote on this. Feminists are fighting a battle that was won decades ago all they are doing now is recreating systems to benefit girls in a society they are not disadvantaged.
  • Options
    tpfkartpfkar Posts: 1,546

Scott_P said:

Andrea Leadsom on DP

This isn't Brexit

"I don't agree"

It's a damn shame the Referendum voting form didn't spell out in some small print at the bottom what 'Leave' vote meant e.g. exit EU, SM, CU.
    Whose fault is that though? The referendum was set up so Vote Leave could tempt us with undeliverable and contradictory nonsense - enough to win the vote but not enough to implement anything afterwards. Once we pulled the A50 trigger we were always heading somewhere here.

I'm one of many who initially accepted the vote, but it then dawned on me quite how clueless those in charge were and their mouths had got leaps ahead of their ability to deliver. I'd still be delighted if we could find a way out - I just wonder if June 2016 will soon feel like a long time ago.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

TOPPING said:

MaxPB said:
    Championing a potentially misogynist sentiment in advance of your own wedding (assuming he is marrying a woman) is I don't think well-judged.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Leadsome and Boris should both walk (as it appears their jobs are both up for grabs as far as Number 10 is concerned)

Terrible party management from Theresa May again.
    That's if it's true. Maybe Davis is just trying to big himself up.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Andrea Leadsom on DP

This isn't Brexit

"I don't agree"

It is certainly a lot closer than it was this time yesterday.

It is clear that
    * leavers have no agreed definition of what "Brexit" means in practice;
    * the current government will not be able to come up with a Brexit deal that can gain the support of the Tory Party or Parliament.

So it's either a cliff edge Brexit or a collapse of the entire process. Which could well result in a new referendum.
  • Options
    brendan16brendan16 Posts: 2,315
    edited July 2018
    Scott_P said:

2 Brexiteers on DP. Both of them claim the British public knew what they voted for.

One says they are delivering it

One says they are being betrayed

And Leadsom claiming preferential treatment for EU migrants over people from the rest of the world would definitely end and it was a red line for her - with Laura K pointing out that was not Mrs May's position when she was interviewed by her at the weekend.

Laura K also informed Leadsom that Davis had been offered her job by No 10 to keep him in the government. What a mess.

I did think Steve Baker was rather dignified even though he was obviously upset.

• Options
    EU support rising among 16-26 year olds in every country.
    https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1016275509712490496
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Andrea Leadsom on DP

This isn't Brexit

"I don't agree"

It is clear that
    * the current government will not be able to come up with a Brexit deal that can gain the support of the Tory Party or Parliament.

So it's either a cliff edge Brexit or a collapse of the entire process. Which could well result in a new referendum.
    Time to extend A50 that's for sure.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I said it wouldn't end well...

Theresa's been taking the piss. Not just at her Brexiteer colleagues but at the 17.4m who voted Brexit who they are in the Cabinet to represent.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    TOPPING said:

Pulpstar said:

TOPPING said:

MaxPB said:
    Championing a potentially misogynist sentiment in advance of your own wedding (assuming he is marrying a woman) is I don't think well-judged.
    Don't worry, I think my soon to be wife agrees with my sentiments. She's no fan of modern feminists either, plus she's Swiss so to her our Conservatives are pretty tame.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Pulpstar said:

TOPPING said:

MaxPB said:
    Does what he said really constitute misogyny?
  • Options

63% Remain in the UK? That's totally out of line with pollsters here.
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414
    Well it did make running through a wheatfield look positively grown up.
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293

While we are f##king about banning plastic straws....

On-the-ground investigation finds use of banned CFC-11 is rife in China’s plastic foam industry

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/jul/09/mysterious-source-of-illegal-ozone-killing-emissions-revealed-say-investigators

my local council made a big fuss about how it was banning plastic use where it can to save the seas. But its the f**king collection and recycling authority. There are no circumstances in which the stuff that it collects, shreds and either burns or buries is going to end up in the sea. Total virtue signalling shi*e.
  • Options
    RobD said:

TOPPING said:

Pulpstar said:

TOPPING said:

MaxPB said:
    Does what he said really constitute misogyny?
    Then there is the more subtle sexism. Men caused the banking crisis. Men earn more because they are more assertive in pay negotiations. One FT commentator recently complained that: ‘High-flying women are programmed to go for high-flying men. Most men aren’t attracted to women who are more successful than they are.’ Can you imagine the outrage if such trite generalisations were made about women, or other minorities? Feminists are now amongst the most obnoxious bigots.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Note the age group.
  • Options

Joining Lord Adonis in the 'Driven Bonkers by Brexit' - a strong contender in:

https://twitter.com/MelanieLatest/status/1016252131832139776

I like how she advocates "restoring faith in the democratic process" by:

- Appointing someone to the legislature;
    - That person being the former leader of a party which won less than 2% at the last election;
    - Allowing that person to run in a Party leadership (which is against the Party's rules, which states that only MPs can run).

That said, given his influence on British politics, Farage should have a peerage (though he'd then have to choose between sitting in the Lords or the EP, so he might have already been offered one and turned it down). Brexiteers are woefully under-represented in the Lords.
    Lords? House of Unelected Has-Beens, you mean :lol:
  • Options
    brendan16brendan16 Posts: 2,315
    edited July 2018

So what. Bored of silly petitions - probably with loads of signatures again from the Vatican City, Turks and Caicos and Vanuatu.

I don't see any circumstance where Corbyn and May will want to go back for another go.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

RobD said:

Note the age group.
    Then the graphic doesn't agree with the text.

Edit: Oh, I'm dumb... it's after DK excluded.
  • Options

Ageism rife in the polling "industry", I see :)
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760

That's appalling. Didn't the Clarkson one get millions? I think the people's vote would be better off without oddballs like Grayling and Adonis leading them.
  • Options
    Brom said:

That's appalling. Didn't the Clarkson one get millions? I think the people's vote would be better off without oddballs like Grayling and Adonis leading them.
    Tony Blair is in favour of a "People's Vote" :D
  • Options
    Isn't Raab now known as Győr?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Győr
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,986
    The choice of Raab as Brexit Secretary is an interesting one. A Leaver like Davis May is clearly making a sop to Brexiteers while as a former corporate lawyer with a law degree from Oxford and a Master's degree from Cambridge he should be an intellectual match for Barnier
  • Options
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/07/09/rats-leaving-sinking-ship-brussels-predicts-flight-brexiteers/

Representatives for the remaining 27-member states admitted that Mr Davis had been frozen out of the negotiations long ago in favour of Theresa May’s top Brexit civil servant Oliver Robbins and that his departure would make little practical difference to the talks.

"Davis' resignation will be framed as not taking responsibility for a soft Brexit but looks more like not taking responsibility at all,” one EU diplomat said, “It is starting to look like the flight of the Brexiteers.”

“They landed your country in a mess and now they’re leaving for higher ground. Rats and sinking ships...that age old tale," the diplomat added.

Hard to take responsibility once you've been frozen out....
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Note the age group.

What's significant is the trend and the fact that the UK is following the same trend. People increasingly value the EU and don't want to give it up.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,986
    edited July 2018

It is 45 to 55 year olds though who decide elections and referenda
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Note the age group.

What's significant is the trend and the fact that the UK is following the same trend. People increasingly value the EU and don't want to give it up.
    Or is it a reversion to trend after the Eurozone crisis?
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Note the age group.

Never Gonna Give EU Up? :D
  • Options
    The picture at the top of this thread makes Davis look like Rowley Birkin QC
  • Options

He has some good ones from his leadership campaign.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    HYUFD said:

The choice of Raab as Brexit Secretary is an interesting one. A Leaver like Davis May is clearly making a sop to Brexiteers while as a former corporate lawyer with a law degree from Oxford and a Master's degree from Cambridge he should be an intellectual match for Barnier

Unless Raab has demanded Robbins is sacked from the negotiations before he took the job then it is essentially a non-job.

But it could well be a spring-board to being in pole position to replace Theresa whenever the Tories pull the plug on her.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

He has some good ones from his leadership campaign.
    https://twitter.com/tseofpb/status/1016095321187848194?s=21
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,545
    Barnesian said:

Joining Lord Adonis in the 'Driven Bonkers by Brexit' - a strong contender in:

https://twitter.com/MelanieLatest/status/1016252131832139776

Melanie Philips is even nuttier than I thought she was! Funny.
    Yes, but bonkers long before Brexit.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Note the age group.

If it is, it's reflected in the UK as well, even as we're supposedly heading for the sunlit uplands of Brexit.

It should be abundantly clear that there is no future in Brexit. All we can do is look for a way to exit from it with dignity.
  • Options
    I have reluctantly accepted that we are heading for a full fudge brexit, and can only hope that TM doesn't give the EU any more concessions (though I fully expect she will) , but at least we have managed to avoid getting sucked into a full political integration of Europe which is clearly heading for one president, one anthem, one flag, one army, one currency, ECJ, tax harmonisation, - one undemocratic superstate. we have at least escaped the worst of the EU, and when it all goes tits up, we will be on the outside - thankfully
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Andrea Leadsom on DP

This isn't Brexit

"I don't agree"

It is clear that

Time to extend A50 that's for sure.
    May would not be able to get that through her Party. And if she tried to do it with opposition votes the government would collapse. I think I am right in saying that extending article 50 requires primary legislation in the UK and unanimity in the EU - neither of which will be easy.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

RobD said:

600 Seats hasn’t gone, is still going to be the proposal brought forward in the autumn.
    Reduce the number of Unelected Has-Beens NOT the number of elected MPs :)
  • Options
    Brom said:

Isn’t the record something like 2m for the one demanding an EU referendum, or the one simply asking Gordon Brown to resign.?
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Steve Baker calling for Theresa May to stay? That tells you all you need to know about the numbers of the true faithful.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Note the age group.

If it is, it's reflected in the UK as well, even as we're supposedly heading for the sunlit uplands of Brexit.

It should be abundantly clear that there is no future in Brexit. All we can do is look for a way to exit from it with dignity.
    Looking at the barometer results PDF, the net 'positive' view of the EU was higher back in the mid 2000s, suffering a dip around 2010, and is now slowly recovering.

http://ec.europa.eu/commfrontoffice/publicopinion/index.cfm/Survey/getSurveyDetail/instruments/STANDARD/surveyKy/2180
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,603
    edited July 2018

HYUFD said:

So can we now expect Raab C. Brexit?

(My coat awaits)
This discussion has been closed.