Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » A better ‘ole

12346»

Comments

• anothernickanothernick Posts: 3,545
    edited July 2018

Jonathan said:

The cabinet is stronger than it was 24hrs ago.

But it still has no chance of getting its Brexit deal through Parliament.

Nothing has changed.
    It still has no chance of getting its Brexit deal through Brussels.
    No - it has no chance of getting a Brexit deal through either Parliament or Brussels. But it is more likely to try to get out of this bind by remaining in the EU in all but name; with Davis and Johnson in situ it would have been more inclined to go over the cliff.
  • JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,211

JohnO said:

HYUFD said:

Jeremy Hunt the John Major de nos jours?

No, Jeremy Hunt is the man who is trounced by Mogg and Gove and Javid and beaten by Boris too in both the Yougov and ConHome Tory members Tory Leadership polls. He should stick to being Douglas Hurd and focus on the day job.

Javid though maybe John Major to Boris' Heseltine, Mogg's Tebbit and May's Thatcher with Corbyn as Kinnock
    Er, but what about the polls in 3 or 6 or 12 months time? A few months ago, Javid could have been sacked (and apparently very nearly was) and would have disappeared without trace. Now he's the front-runner. You don't seem to get this statement of the stunningly obvious.
    Indeed, polls aren't static.

I remember when he used to say DD was almost certain to replace Mrs May.
    And only Andy Burnham could save Labour.
  • AnazinaAnazina Posts: 3,487
    HYUFD said:

Most Tory activists are increasingly of the view they would prefer 'never' rather than a BINO deal and are ready for hard Brexit
    Ideology before country.
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,695

JohnO said:

HYUFD said:

No, Jeremy Hunt is the man who is trounced by Mogg and Gove and Javid and beaten by Boris too in both the Yougov and ConHome Tory members Tory Leadership polls. He should stick to being Douglas Hurd and focus on the day job.

Javid though maybe John Major to Boris' Heseltine, Mogg's Tebbit and May's Thatcher with Corbyn as Kinnock
    Er, but what about the polls in 3 or 6 or 12 months time? A few months ago, Javid could have been sacked (and apparently very nearly was) and would have disappeared without trace. Now he's the front-runner. You don't seem to get this statement of the stunningly obvious.

No but when it comes to the Tories poll ratings from now on its going to be a case of Down. Down. Down. Way On Down...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy16VUmzj-g

:D
  • TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    edited July 2018
    GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

Peter Bone clip from the Commons devastating on BBC news, talks of Tory activists 'refusing to go out and campaign for the party for the first time'

Tory activists refusing to go out and campaign is the least of your worries... Actually getting Tory voters to the polling stations to vote for you will be the real problem...
    Would be nice to see some polls ,see if the Tories are losing leave voters ?
    Can't see why they wouldn't be... What possible reason would a leave voting Tory have for voting for Theresa May?
    Not just leave voting tories - maybe the ukip vote she persuaded back on side ?
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,956
    JohnO said:

JohnO said:

HYUFD said:

You'll let us know when Dominic Raab asks you run his leadership campaign.

Tell him not to do a Portillo.
  • numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,414
    Danny565 said:
    Michael Gove and Sarah Vines greatest achievement will always be stopping Boris from becoming PM.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    How many more of these types of posts are we going to see in next few days?

https://twitter.com/JohnMQC/status/1016339437184266240

• HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,706
    JohnO said:

HYUFD said:

These were HEAD to HEADs for goodness sake and the only candidate Hunt could comfortably beat was Gavin Williamson.

Javid trounced Hunt 68 to 32, Mogg trounced Hunt 60 40, Gove trounced Hunt 61 39 and Boris comfortably beat Hunt 56 44.

Tory members are not going to replace May with someone promoted because he sucked up to the Great May Fudge. He has got a big job now at FO and should focus on that

JohnO said:

JohnO said:

HYUFD said:

Remember an earldom for me and a barony for you.
    Tom Watson is a tit.

He's not heard of next cab of the rank principle?

https://twitter.com/calroscow/status/1016430985808924672
    Uxbridge by-election this year?
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,786
    ydoethur said:

The simple fact is that the EU is deeply (often justly) unpopular in this country and it is most unlikely after the last two years that it would get a majority to change the course we've set ourselves on for good or ill. At the same time, the EU does not work in good faith and it is determined not to give us any sort of deal that might lead others to follow our example. That means in practice vassalage or No Deal. The first can't be delivered in London beyond what we've seen today. Indeed, this is barely deliverable. So if the EU reject it (as seems likely) we're going out with no deal.

You've made a number of comments about my psychological state - frequently very unpleasant and even defamatory ones. With respect, it would seem to me that you are the one who is traumatised. You seem to be in utter denial about the simple political mathematics of the situation. Whether that is because you are, for whatever reason, convinced that the EU is an unadulterated good and cannot understand why everyone else can't see that, or whether you were just shocked to be on the losing side, I don't know. But your comments include a claim, for example, that this will lead us to join the euro, or Schengen. Neither is even remotely possible. They seem to be the mere reflexes of someone with an inability to accept defeat.

Can I urge you as strongly as possible to get past this? You clearly aren't stupid and you often make comments worth reading. Anything on Brexit and you're off like a puppy that scents biscuits. I think you would be happier to let go and realise that we have to make the best of it. And the best isn't federalism, which is now dead. It's about salvaging what economic links we can. It's easier for those of us who always thought federalism was a stupid idea and wanted the EU to develop into an economic rather than political organisation. But like it or loathe it, it's an idea that's just been firmly forced on us, and that, not your dream of a reversal, is what May is trying to do and what a second referendum would kill off.

I don't know you so if I make comments saying you're "traumatised" it's just banter and not an attempt to delve into your psyche. Apologies if this doesn't come across that way.

You're slightly misrepresenting my views on the EU. I've never said, and don't believe that it's an unadulterated good but do think that Brexit is unadulteratedly bad for the UK.

We're in the last few months of this saga before Article 50 runs out so we'll find out soon whether my judgement about the political mathematics is as faulty as you think. This is a betting site so it's interesting to test predictions about the future against the unfolding reality.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,838
    Hancock to health...
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,952
    HYUFD said:

brendan16 said:

HYUFD said:

I don’t rule out a VoNC, but I feel May would surely win. There is no (non-doolally) alternative.

I'm not so sure that's true. Rather like the election of Pope, the one who goes into the conclave as Pope leaves as Cardinal. So with the Tories. There are some very capable ministers below the media floozy level who could come to the fore, rather in the way that David Cameron did.

The distinctly unfortunate aspect is that we're in the middle of Brexit negotiations.

So, suppose a sensible moderate, but appealing to Brexiteers, candidate was to offer a 12 month delay on Brexit ... in order to bash out the best deal for Britain first?
    ALL who would have to get past the Tory membership in the final round and all the evidence is Tory members will vote for a hard Brexiteer if they get the chance with the possible exception of Javid who pressed May hard on ensuring no preferential treatment for EU migrants in immigration rules
    What exactly is the position on the FOM policy now - is the migration framework what Javid and Leadsome think it is or is it a bit more vague as May suggested in her interview with the BBC at the weekend and be FOM in all but name with preferential treatment for EU nationals. Notwithstanding the 3.5 million already here who have to be granted their settled status.

I think it's quite likely that the EU will push for full FOM - and I expect May will most likely cave on that too to get a deal.
    If she does indeed cave in on that Javid will walk and her leadership will finally be over this time
    Yep.
    JohnO said:

JohnO said:

JohnO said:

HYUFD said:

Remember an earldom for me and a barony for you.
    I want a GCMG.
  • Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    edited July 2018
    Christ, Emily Maitlis just said the phrase "Brexistential crisis".

And I thought we'd hit the nadir with "Bremoaners".

JohnO said:

HYUFD said:

DD is also back as an outside contender after being first off to resign, though Javid and Mogg are frontrunners in my view
  • FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    GIN1138 said:

Wasn't Theresa's Lancaster House speech pretty much the policy ALL Brexiteers rallied behind?

It's been downhill all the way ever since but if she'd stuck to what she said in her Lancaster House speech Brexiteers would be happy...
    Cake today.
    Cake tomorrow.
    Unicorn cake forever.
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,753

A QC who doesn't know the difference between disinterested and uninterested? What is the world coming to?
  • kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456

GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

Peter Bone clip from the Commons devastating on BBC news, talks of Tory activists 'refusing to go out and campaign for the party for the first time'

Tory activists refusing to go out and campaign is the least of your worries... Actually getting Tory voters to the polling stations to vote for you will be the real problem...
    Can't see why they wouldn't be... What possible reason would a leave voting Tory have for voting for Theresa May?
    if we get BINO (which i believe was TM plan all along) the tory vote share will drop dramatically and the party will split in two. May is sacrificing the tory party and the next GE on the altar of the EU
    HYUFD said:

JohnO said:

HYUFD said:

These were HEAD to HEADs for goodness sake and the only candidate Hunt could comfortably beat was Gavin Williamson.

Javid trounced Hunt 68 to 32, Mogg trounced Hunt 60 40, Gove trounced Hunt 61 39 and Boris comfortably beat Hunt 56 44.

Tory members are not going to replace May with someone promoted because he sucked up to the Great May Fudge. He has got a big job now at FO and should focus on that
    On TODAY's polls for goodness sake. And I've no doubt that he will focus on his job, which is in direct contrast to his grotesque predecessor.
    JohnO said:

JohnO said:

HYUFD said:

If Andy Burnham had been Labour leader he might even have beaten May in 2017, he won the Greater Manchester Mayoralty by a landslide
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited July 2018
    Isn't he the c##t Danny Dyer that said net neutrality violated ISPs first amendment rights?
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392
    GIN1138 said:

JohnO said:

HYUFD said:

No but when it comes to the Tories poll ratings from now on its going to be a case of Down. Down. Down. Way On Down...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy16VUmzj-g

:D
    Yes, probably.
    So the Brexiteers are now relying on Barnier to reject May's plan ?
    Seems sensible enough.

HYUFD said:

brendan16 said:

HYUFD said:

I don’t rule out a VoNC, but I feel May would surely win. There is no (non-doolally) alternative.

I'm not so sure that's true. Rather like the election of Pope, the one who goes into the conclave as Pope leaves as Cardinal. So with the Tories. There are some very capable ministers below the media floozy level who could come to the fore, rather in the way that David Cameron did.

The distinctly unfortunate aspect is that we're in the middle of Brexit negotiations.

So, suppose a sensible moderate, but appealing to Brexiteers, candidate was to offer a 12 month delay on Brexit ... in order to bash out the best deal for Britain first?
    ALL who would have to get past the Tory membership in the final round and all the evidence is Tory members will vote for a hard Brexiteer if they get the chance with the possible exception of Javid who pressed May hard on ensuring no preferential treatment for EU migrants in immigration rules
    What exactly is the position on the FOM policy now - is the migration framework what Javid and Leadsome think it is or is it a bit more vague as May suggested in her interview with the BBC at the weekend and be FOM in all but name with preferential treatment for EU nationals. Notwithstanding the 3.5 million already here who have to be granted their settled status.

I think it's quite likely that the EU will push for full FOM - and I expect May will most likely cave on that too to get a deal.
    If she does indeed cave in on that Javid will walk and her leadership will finally be over this time
    Yep.
    Javid has May over a barrel on FOM now, with Boris and Davis gone he is the key figure in how long she survives
  • Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,224
    I think all it is saying is that we are in the merde.

Isn't he the c##t Danny Dyer that said net neutrality violated ISPs first amendment rights?
    Yup
  • ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201
    Pulpstar said:

Seems sensible enough.

They can vote it down when it is put to the HoC, assuming Corbyn will not support it.
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    brendan16 said:

PClipp said:

ydoethur said:

Hunt is on the record as saying that the people need to be able to vote on the terms of Brexit. A second referendum should be odds on now.

Hunt probably still believes in remaining. I don't know why he 'changed his mind'.
    That referendum which had a majority for Leave may have had something to do with it.
    Its funny how some seem to have difficulty with the concept.....they would appear to be Remain first, democrat second.
    Oh dear, Miss Vance! Mr Cameron`s Referendum seems on present form to have been seriously contaminated by undue influence from Russia, via stooges in the DUP and some of the self-proclaimed leaders of the Leave campaign. Perhaps that influences people`s views on what democracy ought to mean.
    And one side (Remain) significantly outspending the other (Leave) -even without the government propaganda

I presume thats what you were referring to?

Wonder what the ad spend of the Russian machine was (or was equivalent to?). I don’t really buy this Remain outspent Leave nonsense.
    What ad spend? It was just some Twitter bots that were so apparently influential that the generation that spends its time on Twitter voted about 70 per cent remain and no one seemed to be aware of them until some time after remain - and Clinton - lost!

Lots of factors boosted the leave vote - Russian Twitter bots were probably rather marginal.

Its been disproved - yet these eu fanatics will grasp at any straw
    edited July 2018
    kjohnw said:

GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

if we get BINO (which i believe was TM plan all along) the tory vote share will drop dramatically and the party will split in two. May is sacrificing the tory party and the next GE on the altar of the EU
    Given what an EU fanatic she's turned into I wonder whether she deliberately threw the general election?

Is it really possible that someone could have run a campaign as bad as she did and blew a 25% poll lead in four weeks without knowing what she was doing?
    JohnO said:

HYUFD said:

JohnO said:

HYUFD said:

On TODAY's polls for goodness sake. And I've no doubt that he will focus on his job, which is in direct contrast to his grotesque predecessor.
    Which reflect the ideological mood of the members which is not going to shift by the time of the next leadership election
  • another_richardanother_richard Posts: 24,967
    JohnO said:

HYUFD said:

What was Javid almost sacked over ?
    HYUFD said:

JohnO said:

HYUFD said:

DD is also back as an outside contender after being first off to resign, though Javid and Mogg are frontrunners in my view
    Your view was that Hunt was doomed when he was reported to the Standards Commissioner.

I'm not sure your views make your Nostradamus.
    Quite satisfied with Theresa these days. One only has to look at the absolutely state of floppy wankers like Jacob Rees and Boris Johnson to realise she is a firewall against the march of the Dickhead Army.

Tom Watson is a tit.

I very much doubt that the cab rank rule had much to do with that commission. He will have been very well paid for his efforts.

A good friend of mine juniored to him in a fairly major case and was extremely impressed. He is a very clever man who has just cut his income by something like 90% to serve his country.

Tom Watson is indeed a tit. His survival of his noncefinder general episodes shows the absolutely desperate lack of talent in Labour.

I'm sure he has his fans still, but I know a few people who have had occasion to meet important people, and none have good views on Boris
    Pulpstar said:

Seems sensible enough.

No. But it would help demonstrate she was incompetent in addition to misguided.

PClipp said:

ydoethur said:

Hunt is on the record as saying that the people need to be able to vote on the terms of Brexit. A second referendum should be odds on now.

Hunt probably still believes in remaining. I don't know why he 'changed his mind'.
    That referendum which had a majority for Leave may have had something to do with it.
    Its funny how some seem to have difficulty with the concept.....they would appear to be Remain first, democrat second.
    Oh dear, Miss Vance! Mr Cameron`s Referendum seems on present form to have been seriously contaminated by undue influence from Russia, via stooges in the DUP and some of the self-proclaimed leaders of the Leave campaign. Perhaps that influences people`s views on what democracy ought to mean.
    And one side (Remain) significantly outspending the other (Leave) -even without the government propaganda

I presume thats what you were referring to?

Wonder what the ad spend of the Russian machine was (or was equivalent to?). I don’t really buy this Remain outspent Leave nonsense.
    The Electoral Commission said so.....

https://tinyurl.com/yc5e2pfa
    This is also the same electoral commission who were given lots of evidence of remain spending doing similar things to leave and yet they seem strangely reluctant to even investigate yet alone pass comment.
  • CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,540
    Missed it at the time, but on Newsnight it’s clear Peter Bone’s comments were met with a lot of barracking from his own side....
    There's also the chance that the Tory leadership contest doesn't go to the members.

Two out of the last three contests didn't go to the members.
    Anazina said:

Quite satisfied with Theresa these days. One only has to look at the absolutely state of floppy wankers like Jacob Rees and Boris Johnson to realise she is a firewall against the march of the Dickhead Army.

New campaign slogan?

Theresa May: Firewall against the DIckhead Army

It can work for internal and external opponents if she wants.
  • glwglw Posts: 9,535
    HYUFD said:

Which is why Mogg is the current favourite of Tory members to succeed May

If JRM is the answer you are asking the wrong question.
    Anazina said:

Quite satisfied with Theresa these days.

I'm sure you are. Most Remainers are.

Which is exactly why she's destroyed the Conservative Party.
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,909
    Anazina said:

It's SHITE being a Remainer! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the f*cking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the Leavers. I don't. They're just w*nkers. We, on the other hand, lost the Referendum to w*nkers. Can't even find a decent opposition to lose a Referendum to. We're ruled by effete arseholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, TSE, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any f*cking difference!

JohnO said:

HYUFD said:

Nothing in particular, but his stock was particularly low after the referendum - including his close association with Osborne who was his patron - and he hardly shone as Business Secretary. In other words, he was politically expendable as, of course, are most cabinet ministers. But he survived and is now prospering.
    GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

Well this floater will certainly be sitting on his hands
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,550
    edited July 2018

Tom Watson is a tit.

Is Labour now arguing for ‘People’s Justice’ ?
    Or perhaps Watson is just a twit.*

* tit, autocorrected.
    DavidL said:

Tom Watson is a tit.

I very much doubt that the cab rank rule had much to do with that commission. He will have been very well paid for his efforts.

A good friend of mine juniored to him in a fairly major case and was extremely impressed. He is a very clever man who has just cut his income by something like 90% to serve his country.

Tom Watson is indeed a tit. His survival of his noncefinder general episodes shows the absolutely desperate lack of talent in Labour.
    Tom Watson has made a lot of poor judgments, I mean he follows me on twitter for starters.

Missed it at the time, but on Newsnight it’s clear Peter Bone’s comments were met with a lot of barracking from his own side....

I doubt many Con MP's will like hearing their fate is to be thrown out on their arses whenever the next election is held but that doesn't make Bone wrong in his analysis.
    edited July 2018

538 reckon he's just to the left of Thomas (Who they have down as the most conservative justice now) but more conservative than both Alito and Gorsuch.
    Roberts is now the likely swing justice who although definitely more conservative than Kennedy; Silver et al reckon perhaps might be a relatively liberal swing vote if Roe vs Wade is attempted to be overturned. But he is definitely a conservative.
    GIN1138 said:

I doubt many Con MP's will like hearing their fate is to be thrown out on their arses whenever the next election is held but that doesn't make Bone wrong in his analysis.
    Surely, faced with the prospect of Jezza and Abbot and co, they will put all doubts aside?
    glw said:

HYUFD said:

For left liberal Remainers maybe

Yeah right.

You can't believe a word that comes out of the woman's mouth...

She'll find a way "in the national interest"...

There's also the chance that the Tory leadership contest doesn't go to the members.

At least three utter members resigned today, I hope that more absolute members resign later in the week.
    GIN1138 said:

Not entirely sure that the stopped clock principle applies to Mr Bone.
    GIN1138 said:

Yeah right.

She's a world class row backer.

There will be a revolution if a supporter of the Great May Brexit Fudge is imposed on the party without consulting the members. I would expect deselections to start shortly after.

Of course the only reason there was no contest last time was Leadsom pulled out, Howard in 2005 was in tune enough with Tory activists they were willing for him to be crowned without a contest
    edited July 2018
    You would think Tom Watson would have learned his lesson when it comes to smearing people....

Tom Watson is a tit.

Labour 2018

Then we have the "brexit means (not) Brexit "party

great choices eh?

HYUFD said:

glw said:

HYUFD said:

I'm not left, liberal, or a Remainer. I wouldn't vote for a party led by JRM.

GIN1138 said:

Surely, faced with the prospect of Jezza and Abbot and co, they will put all doubts aside?

I don't think so... Most Leave voting Tories won't vote for Corbyn but many will stay at home instead.

You would think Tom Watson would have learned his lesson when it comes to smearing people....

Why would you think that? What has he ever done that suggests that he is capable of learning anything?

DavidL said:

Tom Watson is a tit.

Tom Watson has made a lot of poor judgments, I mean he follows me on twitter for starters.
    Do you have many important twatter followers ?
    Floater said:

GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

Three stinking floaters resigned today.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950

And now for Toppo and any other fans I may have today's Tesco Strawberry score is a six:

Aberdeenshire
    Angus
    Fife
    Cambridgeshire
    Herefordshire
    Kent

With nothing else among the fruit and veg worth talking about.

All hand picked by patriotic Englishmen I hope. Without that information your reports are worthless.
    Does Sam Coates read our blog? Note the timings. Could be coincidence.

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/1016434952311844865
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    If I'm being totally honest, I was hoping May was going to snap under the pressure this afternoon and go totally batshit and announce GE2018, EU Ref 2, Indyref2 and Irish reunification referendum all on the same Thursday in November, conducted under the most impossibly opaque AV vote transfer system ever, in a pique of lets-sort-all-this-once-and-for-all-for-fuck's-sake.
    edited July 2018

HYUFD said:

JohnO said:

HYUFD said:

Your view was that Hunt was doomed when he was reported to the Standards Commissioner.

Hunt lacks popularity with both the public AND the members in terms of the leadership. You can survive being unpopular with one and be a contender for leader, not both.

He was also not wholly cleared by the Standards Commissioner they just decided it did not merit further action
  • ElliotElliot Posts: 1,516
    GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

I don't think so... Most Leave voting Tories won't vote for Corbyn but many will stay at home instead.
    Only the stupid ones. Andrea Leadsom was just on the news pointing out all the ways Brexit is being honoured. Raab, Gove and all the other practical minded Leavers know how much they have achieved. Letting in an anti-Western Marxist that spouts pro-Russian propaganda so they can thumb their noses? It's only the really childish Farage types that would do that. Even David Davis says May should remain PM.

If I'm being totally honest, I was hoping May was going to snap under the pressure this afternoon and go totally batshit and announce GE2018, EU Ref 2, Indyref2 and Irish reunification referendum all on the same Thursday in November, conducted under the most impossibly opaque AV vote transfer system ever, in a pique of lets-sort-all-this-once-and-for-all-for-fuck's-sake.

Erm, this is the woman whose most outrageous memory is walking through a wheat field with a stick.
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941

And an AV referendum, surely? :o
    GIN1138 said:

Yeah right.

Suppose the EU does agree to let the UK limit freedom of movement in practice, not just theory. If the four freedoms are now divisible then Leavers will rightly say that the goverment should have asked for more and pressed much harder. May might get the EU to accept her deal, but I think a lot of people would conclude she didn't go far enough and delivered a worse Brexit than an enthusiastic Leaver as PM might have.
    I am detecting that we haven't got many members of the Boris fan club on this forum.

NEW THREAD

Pulpstar said:

GIN1138 said:

Yeah right.

She's a world class row backer.
    Or entirely untrustworthy - you decide
    glw said:

HYUFD said:

glw said:

HYUFD said:

I'm not left, liberal, or a Remainer. I wouldn't vote for a party led by JRM.
    Good for you, Survation on Sunday said more voters would be more likely to vote for a Mogg led Tory Party than any other Tory leadership contender and I will listen to Survation thankyou
    JohnO said:

JohnO said:

HYUFD said:

Nothing in particular, but his stock was particularly low after the referendum - including his close association with Osborne who was his patron - and he hardly shone as Business Secretary. In other words, he was politically expendable as, of course, are most cabinet ministers. But he survived and is now prospering.
    Javid is doing well as Home Sec.

Sometimes people do better in unexpected jobs rather than where they should be expected to fit.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623

Erm, this is the woman whose most outrageous memory is walking through a wheat field with a stick.
    It's always the quiet ones you have to worry about most...
  • RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    A smart move appearing to declare war on the loonies in the Tory party. It worked for Major and it should work for her. The secret is not to give them an inch. She might lose some on the extreme right to a slightly revamped UKIP but she'll more than make up for it with Labour and Tory Remainers who can see that Corbyn is full of shit.

I am detecting that we haven't got many members of the Boris fan club on this forum.

I like his writing.
    TOPPING said:

And now for Toppo and any other fans I may have today's Tesco Strawberry score is a six:

Aberdeenshire
    Angus
    Fife
    Cambridgeshire
    Herefordshire
    Kent

With nothing else among the fruit and veg worth talking about.

All hand picked by patriotic Englishmen I hope. Without that information your reports are worthless.
    You seem a little disappointed that there's not the shortage you expected.

I look forward to the day when its all done by robots apart from the PYO - now PYO is a real money spinner from what I can see.
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

HYUFD said:

JohnO said:

HYUFD said:

Nostradamus made so many predictions he was occasionally right by chance...
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Floater said:

GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

Doesn’t floating while sitting on your hands just leave you grabbing your arse?
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Danny565 said:

AndyJS said:

Well she’s done it. Forced in a way, but she has to go down fighting or keep swimming now. Goodness knows we’ve got an interesting few months coming up.

We've had an interesting four years, since the start of the Scottish referendum campaign.
    One does sometimes wonder how we kept ourselves entertained just a few years ago. What was the big political excitement of 2013, for example?
    SindyRef, just the rest of the UK hadn't noticed yet.
This discussion has been closed.