Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » When some men want to be humiliated and embarrassed they hire

SystemSystem Posts: 11,683
edited August 2018 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » When some men want to be humiliated and embarrassed they hire dominatrices whereas Nigel Farage is considering running for London Mayor

Nigel Farage considers running for London mayor https://t.co/zKaSNpDIpc

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Another ego trip. What an arsehole.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,983
    I wonder if there's a part of the country in which Farage is less popular...
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    Jonathan said:

A fairly harmless ego trip though. The Conservatives have little chance anyway, and Sadiq Khan is OK as Mayor, albeit a bit ineffectual.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,108
    edited August 2018

Coughs modestly..
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,440
    edited August 2018

I said Scotland in my opening paragraph.

Then again the Scots elected David Coburn.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,304

Jonathan said:

A fairly harmless ego trip though. The Conservatives have little chance anyway, and Sadiq Khan is OK as Mayor, albeit a bit ineffectual.
    Go Shaun

Team #BackBailey
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Mr. Divvie, ah ha! You fell into my cunning and entirely deliberate trap to finally acknowledge we're countrymen!

On a slightly more serious note, it's interesting to see that Farage values publicity over the near certainly large margin of defeat he might suffer. If he actually stands.

Edited extra bit: on a related note: https://twitter.com/simongerman600/status/1035136327426166784
  • Options
    Nigel_ForemainNigel_Foremain Posts: 13,790
    I wonder whether the group of people that encouraged him to stand might include anyone called Vladimir or Donald?
  • Options
    Mr. Foremain, I think it unlikely that either the Impaler or the Duck offer Farage political advice.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

It's not harmless. He will become the story and squash a sensible debate on London's needs. London needs a vigorous campaign where people who actually want and can do the job.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    The supplementary vote, like the alternative vote system, allows for tactical voting against a particular candidate in the first round.

Does it? I thought that it just allows you to vote with your conscience in the first round and vote with your head in the second. If you vote Tory with your first preference to stop Farage getting second, you're stuck with the Tory in the run-off whether you like it or not.
  • Options

I said Scotland in my opening paragraph.

Then again the Scots elected David Coburn.
    I'd imagine these 'staunch' voters would very much fall into the 'Do You Feel More British than Scottish' category.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

It's not harmless. He will become the story and squash a sensible debate on London's needs. London needs a vigorous campaign where people who actually want and can do the job.
    Fair point, but London Mayoral campaigns aren't noted for their rigorous exploration of the issues.
  • Options

Mr. Foremain, I think it unlikely that either the Impaler or the Duck offer Farage political advice.

I am sure you must be right, neither of those two give advice, only instructions.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
    Dominatricies? :p
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850

Oxford, Cambridge, Bristol, Brighton & Hove?

There are boroughs where Farage could win a fair-sized vote, ie Barking & Dagenham, Enfield, Havering, Bexley, Bromley, Sutton, Hillingdon, Croydon.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Is Farage close to the Mosley family?
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Fair point, but London Mayoral campaigns aren't noted for their rigorous exploration of the issues.
    Yup. Post Brexit, Britain needs London at the top of its game. I believe tightly fought campaigs that dig into policy makes for a better outcome, whoever wins.

Farage trolling the Tory party for whatever mad reason he has, turning the whole thing into a circus and denying Khan scrutiny and a test is
    L depressing.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    This is nothing to do with dominatrices and everything to do with an attention whore. Nigel Farage is about as likely to stand for the Mayoralty as I am, but meanwhile we're all discussing him.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Have I spelt it wrong ?
  • Options

RobD said:

Have I spelt it wrong ?
    I presume one isn’t enough? :D
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

The supplementary vote, like the alternative vote system, allows for tactical voting against a particular candidate in the first round.

Does it? I thought that it just allows you to vote with your conscience in the first round and vote with your head in the second. If you vote Tory with your first preference to stop Farage getting second, you're stuck with the Tory in the run-off whether you like it or not.

I believe it does.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Have I spelt it wrong ?
    Zero is more than enough.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Have I spelt it wrong ?
    I'm not an expert in this, but I thought you needed at least one, to untie you at the end.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Not sure why people voting for losers should get a second choice...
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190

tlg86 said:

I believe it does.
    This is quite a clever way of the Tories winning the election. Tell everyone to vote Tory to stop Farage coming second, but say that they can still vote Labour with their second preference to make sure Labour win in the second round...
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Have I spelt it wrong ?
    I'm not an expert in this, but I thought you needed at least one, to untie you at the end.
    That’s what safe words are for.

A bit of advice, never choose ‘mower’ as your safe word.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,304
    I befriended (and only befriended) a couple of working girls who used to do B&D, typically for CEOs and other high-powered folk.

They said that the majority of the time the sessions consisted of them arriving at their client's place (hotel or home) and telling them to do the cleaning.
  • Options
    G&S fans know that the original safe word was one teeming with hidden meaning: Basingstoke.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,003
    Off-topic:

No major reason for drama yet, but the International Space Station has a small but continuous leak. It appears to be coming from a Soyuz orbital module, and is proving hard to fix.

This might have implications for NASA's manned spaceflight plans.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Have I spelt it wrong ?

I read of one case where a man nearly died of asphyxiation after being tied up, because the dominatrix fell asleep in another room.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,616

G&S fans know that the original safe word was one teeming with hidden meaning: Basingstoke.

Gin & Slimline?
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,674
    But one thing is clear. Salmond, innocent or guilty, is signalling his power in a way I find deeply worrying. The message being sent out to women is that if you make accusations you will be up against enormous power and wealth....
    ......massive donations to crowdfunders send the same old signal to us: what happens to women is always less important than the reputation of “great” men.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/30/alex-salmond-crowdfunding-scottish-independence?CMP=share_btn_tw

• Options
    Sean_F said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Have I spelt it wrong ?

I read of one case where a man nearly died of asphyxiation after being tied up, because the dominatrix fell asleep in another room.
    Wasn’t that a scene in “Blott on the Landscape” by Tom Sharpe?
  • Options

Sean_F said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Have I spelt it wrong ?

I thought she went out to buy some groceries and forgot about him.
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    edited August 2018
    Sean_F said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Have I spelt it wrong ?

"read of"
  • Options

Off-topic:

No major reason for drama yet, but the International Space Station has a small but continuous leak. It appears to be coming from a Soyuz orbital module, and is proving hard to fix.

Do you have a source for that? (I believe you, I just want to know the details).
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754
    TOPPING said:

I befriended (and only befriended) a couple of working girls who used to do B&D, typically for CEOs and other high-powered folk.

They said that the majority of the time the sessions consisted of them arriving at their client's place (hotel or home) and telling them to do the cleaning.

shit

hadnt realised Mrs B was a dominatrix
  • Options
    Anorak said:

Sean_F said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Have I spelt it wrong ?

"read of"
    His memories are pretty fuzzy from that night ;)
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929

Off-topic:

Yes, it means they should get on with it.
  • Options
    Mr. Jessop, let's hope they can manage to get the leak fixed.
  • Options

Duct tape.
  • Options

Gin & Slimline?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruddigore
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Have I spelt it wrong ?

That was it.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    An enlightening thread - do click through and read it all - for those on the left who seem to believe that Corbyn was the only person in Britain protesting Apartheid in the 80's. It was one of the most mainstreamiest parts of the left for decades, and Corbyn couldn't hold a candle to Hain in this regard.
    https://twitter.com/pauloCanning/status/1035127990433271808
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,897
    edited August 2018
    Pulpstar said:

Duct tape.
    The universal solution. Saved Apollo 13 when they needed to get a square peg into a round hole.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Have I spelt it wrong ?

That was it.
    Mrs. Forthby, who played the roles of Miss Dracula the Cruel Mistress, Catwoman, and Doris the Schoolgirl Sexpot (she was about 50 at the time).
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Anorak said:

... for those on the left who seem to believe that Corbyn was the only person in Britain protesting Apartheid in the 80's ...

Straw man alert!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Danny565 said:

Anorak said:

... for those on the left who seem to believe that Corbyn was the only person in Britain protesting Apartheid in the 80's ...

Straw man alert!
    Seriously? If I had a penny for every starry-eyed Momentumite tweeting that picture of JC being carted off by the plod ... I could buy a couple of pints.

The only man in Labour who's been on the right side of history my hairy arse.
  • Options

But one thing is clear. Salmond, innocent or guilty, is signalling his power in a way I find deeply worrying. The message being sent out to women is that if you make accusations you will be up against enormous power and wealth....
    ......massive donations to crowdfunders send the same old signal to us: what happens to women is always less important than the reputation of “great” men.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/30/alex-salmond-crowdfunding-scottish-independence?CMP=share_btn_tw

I'd imagine the confidential anonymity element of such a process would be the most reassuring aspect for anyone making accusations. Luckily the women in question still retain that, Salmond not so much. Perhaps ire should be directed at the leaker(s), whoever they may be.
  • Options

I'd imagine the confidential anonymity element of such a process would be the most reassuring aspect for anyone making accusations. Luckily the women in question still retain that, Salmond not so much. Perhaps ire should be directed at the leaker(s), whoever they may be.
    I think that's a bit of a stretch on Suzanne Moore's part.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,238
    England's top six today scored a grand total of 71.

Ian Bell is 141 not out, on a day when pretty much every other side is struggling with the bat (if you want to see a car crash, look at Leicestershire).

Can I remind people I recently tipped him to be recalled for Sri Lanka?
  • Options
    Jeremy Corbyn claimed Nato was set up to 'promote a cold war with the Soviet Union' in a newly revealed speech.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6110943/Corbyn-claimed-Nato-set-promote-cold-war-Soviet-Union.html

More conspiracy theories than Alex Jones....
  • Options
    US President Donald Trump has attacked CNN's president Jeff Zucker on Twitter, saying that he should be fired.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45357329
  • Options
    TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840
    https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2018/08/jeremy-corbyn-s-two-universes

Thought this was quite interesting, not about right or wrong just a reflection on the two different universes (as he puts it) of Corbyn.

I am more interested in a politician that talks to the second universe of normal people...

• Options

Jeremy Corbyn claimed Nato was set up to 'promote a cold war with the Soviet Union' in a newly revealed speech.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6110943/Corbyn-claimed-Nato-set-promote-cold-war-Soviet-Union.html

Nato and the Warsaw pact were clearly setup in opposition to each other, I imagine both share in the blame but claiming one side or the other started it is probably a bit too close to the truth to be called a conspiracy theory.
  • Options

Cold wars are better than hot ones.
  • Options
    Anorak said:

Danny565 said:

Anorak said:

Straw man alert!
    Seriously? If I had a penny for every starry-eyed Momentumite tweeting that picture of JC being carted off by the plod ... I could buy a couple of pints.

Tweeting a picture of Corbyn being arrested is not the same as claiming nobody else in Labour or on the left protested apartheid. That is why it is a straw man.
  • Options
    RhubarbRhubarb Posts: 359

Off-topic:

Do you have a source for that? (I believe you, I just want to know the details).
    Try the Independent.
  • Options
    Who was the last british politician to have their own chant?
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Cold wars are better than hot ones.
    Unlike pizza. Whatever the topping.
  • Options

Thatcher?
  • Options

“Maggie, Maggie, Maggie...”
  • Options

"Maggie, Maggie Maggie! Out, out, out!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZJxFo5Br_0
  • Options

David Cameron in 2015.

The Smoggies came up with a most entertaining chant about Dave and the steel industry.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Anorak said:

Danny565 said:

Anorak said:

Straw man alert!

Tweeting a picture of Corbyn being arrested is not the same as claiming nobody else in Labour or on the left protested apartheid. That is why it is a straw man.
    Full story here (including an article by a young reporter called Seumas Milne about the attempted takeover of the Anti-Apartheid Movement by Corbyn and other extreme-left activists using classic entryist techniques, similar to those they've now successfully used to take over the Labour Party):

https://twitter.com/TimesCorbyn/status/990669933792067585

The attempt was defeated with help from the ANC, who provided a statement dissociating themselves from the group Corbyn supported.
  • Options

Thought this was quite interesting, not about right or wrong just a reflection on the two different universes (as he puts it) of Corbyn.

I am more interested in a politician that talks to the second universe of normal people...

The solution has been obvious for some time. Corbyn needs a partner from the right of the party capable of dealing with press.

Corbyns error, which will keep him out of office, is that he is unable to work with or motivate people who do not fully agree with him.

Blair worked with and promoted left wingers.
  • Options
    The Smoggies chant was along the lines of

‘David Cameron you fucked a pig, you made it squeal,
    Get off your arse and save our steel.’
  • Options

The Smoggies chant was along the lines of

‘David Cameron you fucked a pig, you made it squeal,
    Get off your arse and save our steel.’

Not a chant, but very entertaining:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2HoOI0K0M4
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    https://twitter.com/TimesCorbyn/status/990698081149743106

We may be dealing with an apartheid regime with despicable views but come on Jeremy protesting outside their embassy just isn't cricket old sport...

Edit: interesting thread Richard.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
  • Options
    fitalass said:
    Was he in it?
  • Options
    Mike’s been on holiday for less than 24 hours and we’ve had two resignations already
  • Options

Break: Veteran Parliamentarian Frank Field confirms he has resigned the Labour whip to serve as an Independent Labour MP (1/2)

— Tom Newton Dunn (@tnewtondunn) August 30, 2018
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, I hadn't heard that before.

I do wonder if an opportunity was missed for a 'save our bacon' pun.
  • Options

Mike’s been on holiday for less than 24 hours and we’ve had two resignations already
    Who's the other one? This tweet seems to have vanished.

Or is that a reference to Salmond being canned?
  • Options
    Always had a lot of time for Frank Field, but I wonder how he feels about being one of the MPs that nominated Jezza. Remember Jezza only just scraped enough nominations to be allowed to be considered for leadership election.
  • Options

Frank Field tells me: “I’m seeing the Chief Whip tomorrow. I’m hoping that this action will lead to the Labour Party again becoming the most prominent party against racism. Until then, I am resigning the whip". (2/2)

• Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    Sadly Frank Fields leaving is exactly what the Corbynites want.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    fitalass said:

Frank Field tells me: “I’m seeing the Chief Whip tomorrow. I’m hoping that this action will lead to the Labour Party again becoming the most prominent party against racism. Until then, I am resigning the whip". (2/2)

I fear he'll have a long wait.
  • Options
    Very sad that a life-long Labourite feels the need to leave the party.
  • Options
    He's timed it well for the evening news and the papers.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

fitalass said:
    Was he in it?
    Any political party that thinks that it can afford to lose a longing serving back bench MP of the calibre of Frank Field is a lost cause.
  • Options
    I don't think Field quitting the whip means too much in the context of this parliament, unless he plans a by-election in which case the Gov't will end up having one less vote on Brexit stuff..

I assume he'll sit as an independent for the rest of the parliament and then retire from the commons (He is 76) when the next GE occurs.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Very sad that a life-long Labourite feels the need to leave the party.

Has he left the party, or only the parliamentary party? 'Resigning the whip' suggests the latter.

Edit - he's only resigned the whip. He will continue to be a Labour MP, but vote independently and not attend meetings.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/aug/30/frank-field-resigns-labour-whip-over-antisemitism-crisis

For all the headline drama, I'm not sure how this does much more than formalise the situation really,
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,067
    Could Kate Hoey follow suit?
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

The solution has been obvious for some time. Corbyn needs a partner from the right of the party capable of dealing with press.

Corbyns error, which will keep him out of office, is that he is unable to work with or motivate people who do not fully agree with him.

Blair worked with and promoted left wingers.
    It is unfortunate that Corbyn just packed his cabinet and front bench with people who agreed with him and never gave anyone else a chance...

I don't think the messenger would help much if Corbyn was still leader, he could be a bit smoother with the media but considering how they have been with him I don't expect or perhaps even want him to treat them any differently to how they treat him. I think the problem would largely remain regardless of having someone smooth from the right of the party to deal with the press. They would still really go for Corbyn.

Abandon the idea of good press and go straight to the voters, the tv rules kick in around election time so there is no choice for the TV coverage but to attempt to show balance and that is when we have the opportunity to get our message across.
  • Options
    Cricket or politics. Which is most depressing?
  • Options

We may be dealing with an apartheid regime with despicable views but come on Jeremy protesting outside their embassy just isn't cricket old sport...

I do admire your stoical defence of Corbyn but nothing you can do now will change the narrative on Corbyn and anti semetic views and this will follow him for as long as he leads the labour party including a GE campaign.

Who would have thought that virtually all the summer holidays would be dominated with Corbyn's anti semetic issues giving the government a free pass. Labour's lost summer
  • Options
    We'll see if anyone else joins Frank Fields. Kudos to him for resigning.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,306
    ydoethur said:

Ian Bell is 141 not out, on a day when pretty much every other side is struggling with the bat (if you want to see a car crash, look at Leicestershire).

Good call. I would play him at 3 and drop Root to 4. The problem, however, is who plays 1 and 2.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Who's the other one? This tweet seems to have vanished.

Or is that a reference to Salmond being canned?
    Yes Salmond.
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293

hasnt his local party go infested with corbynites threatening de selection? FF is one of the very few who could possibly pull of as an independent. Though it would be difficult.
  • Options
    notme said:

hasnt his local party go infested with corbynites threatening de selection? FF is one of the very few who could possibly pull of as an independent. Though it would be difficult.
    I agree.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

Good call. I would play him at 3 and drop Root to 4. The problem, however, is who plays 1 and 2.
    They only have to score 17 between them to do any better.
  • Options

Why Kudos?
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,003

I do admire your stoical defence of Corbyn but nothing you can do now will change the narrative on Corbyn and anti semetic views and this will follow him for as long as he leads the labour party including a GE campaign.

Who would have thought that virtually all the summer holidays would be dominated with Corbyn's anti semetic issues giving the government a free pass. Labour's lost summer
    The same thing happened with the rail chaos back in May: Labour could easily have got Grayling's scalp (and rightly so), but they ended up attacking the privatised companies (in the case of Northern, wrongly, and GTR mostly wrongly).

In the process that gave Grayling a free pass.
This discussion has been closed.