Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » No surrender to the IHRA

SystemSystem Posts: 11,019
edited September 2018 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » No surrender to the IHRA

Labour MP John Mann: "The eight should announce themselves."https://t.co/TLPEhQJJPw

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,605
    edited September 2018
    First like the symphony written by Beethoven before the second.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,925
    With Jezza in my heart..
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,836
    edited September 2018
    Jezza could always send the nukes into Israel, if he became PM.
  • Options
    Great thread. The 12 who spoiled their ballot papers - did they scrawl "justice for Willsman"?
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,836

Regarding the polling, being level-pegging against a not very good government in mid-term, is not usually a good position for the Opposition.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,574
    Pulpstar said:

With Jezza in my heart..

Bit like endocarditis ?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,057
    edited September 2018
    Good pun!
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Jezza called always send the nukes into Israel, if he became PM.

They have plenty already.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,114
    "After the events yesterday I would have drawn the line under the whole affair and moved on to targeting the many areas the government are screwing up."

This issue was never put to bed...it was just resting, until the next NEC meeting, when the diehards will resurrect Jeremy's preferred wording.

Then the flan hits the fan.
  • Options
    TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840
    edited September 2018
    The problem with the alternative line of attack about Corbyn caring more is it is his enemies who keep the story or stories somewhat related to it running. Any fatigue or annoyance at caring about issues related to Israel-Palestine more than British issues will surely be a factor Corbyn's opponents also come up against. One major reason the stories have less impact as time goes on is the law of diminishing returns (also a bit of crying wolf) but a factor must just be that people are tired of hearing about it.

Which doesn't make it promising as a continued attack line.

Edit: Although thinking on it getting tired of hearing about it would probably just be part of the diminishing returns part anyway.
  • Options
    Would you like a pasty supper, Bibi Netanyahu?
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    I agree with Keiran Pedley's tweet, but it applies just as much to the "moderates" who want a stridently "pro-Israel" message as it does to the lefties who want a stridently pro-Palestine message.

I think Corbyn's stance on Israel/Palestine is a bit too uncritically pro-Palestinian for my liking, but, even if he's PM, his stance on it isn't going to make a jot of difference to anything. We're in a time where (as Obama found) even the US has next to no impact on the issue, let alone Britain. It's really not worth the bed-wetting on either wing of Labour.
  • Options
    As i speculated last thread, I'd be amazed if some of the 20 (spoilt / no) MPs don't self-declare as to their 'supporters' this would surely be an act of corbynite purity and pride for them....
  • Options
    One of the comments on the article:

"Ivanka. We can't thank you enough."
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    I think I would die choking on popcorn if Williamson was deselected.
  • Options
    I ask again.

If Jezza is so obsessed with Israel and its right to exist.

Then when will he give a speech outlining exactly what his government will do as far as foreign policy towards Israel?

Will the good offices of the Foreign Office be diverted to work with Iran?

I think the public should be told.
  • Options
    JWisemannJWisemann Posts: 1,082
    I think most the general public can see who is banging on about Israel to the exclusion of all else and it certainly isnt Corbyn.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    edited September 2018
    Take foreign policy: In public and in private, President Trump shows a preference for autocrats and dictators, such as President Vladimir Putin of Russia and North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, and displays little genuine appreciation for the ties that bind us to allied, like-minded nations.

Astute observers have noted, though, that the rest of the administration is operating on another track, one where countries like Russia are called out for meddling and punished accordingly, and where allies around the world are engaged as peers rather than ridiculed as rivals.
    Yes it's been quite obvious for a while now that DOJ and State Department appear to be running counter to the President's wishes.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    I think I would die choking on popcorn if Williamson was deselected.
    Not gonna happen. That Blairite nutter twerp might see his job under threat though.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,815
    edited September 2018
    Scott_P said:
    The silent majority are so called because they are well... Silent.

However they do make their presence felt at elections...

#ToriesOut
  • Options
    glw said:

Yes it's been quite obvious for a while now that DOJ and State Department appear to be running counter to the President's wishes.

It must be a nightmare for the Kremlin. How do they conduct foreign policy towards the US when the government as a whole is tougher than ever but the President is obsequious?
  • Options

The problem with the alternative line of attack about Corbyn caring more is it is his enemies who keep the story or stories somewhat related to it running. Any fatigue or annoyance at caring about issues related to Israel-Palestine more than British issues will surely be a factor Corbyn's opponents also come up against. One major reason the stories have less impact as time goes on is the law of diminishing returns (also a bit of crying wolf) but a factor must just be that people are tired of hearing about it.

Edit: Although thinking on it getting tired of hearing about it would probably just be part of the diminishing returns part anyway.

Yep, exactly. All the buffoons on here and in the right-wing westminster bubble twattersphere are completely getting it twisted as to how dragging this nonsense on is looking and who it is making look bad. Clue again: it isnt Corbyn.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

I agree with Keiran Pedley's tweet, but it applies just as much to the "moderates" who want a stridently "pro-Israel" message as it does to the lefties who want a stridently pro-Palestine message.

I think Corbyn's stance on Israel/Palestine is a bit too uncritically pro-Palestinian for my liking, but, even if he's PM, his stance on it isn't going to make a jot of difference to anything. We're in a time where (as Obama found) even the US has next to no impact on the issue, let alone Britain. It's really not worth the bed-wetting on either wing of Labour.

Yes it is - it is revolting. I was born in wartime and the films from the death camps, childrens shoes, suitcases, piles of clothes, and indescribable anguish for the jews was etched into my and the nations fabric

Nothing you can say must be allowed to diminsh what happened and how we welcomed them imto our Country. They are British and part of our society and must be made to feel safe.

Nothing else matters and Corbyn is wholly unfit to lead our Country
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

glw said:

It must be a nightmare for the Kremlin. How do they conduct foreign policy towards the US when the government as a whole is tougher than ever but the President is obsequious?
    For the Kremlin this is the greatest intelligence operation in decades, probably since WWII. The fact that the institutions are fighting back in spite of the President doesn't change that fact.
  • Options

You sound as if you want to wish it away.

This will follow Corbyn and labour all the way to the next GE if he remains leader
  • Options

As i speculated last thread, I'd be amazed if some of the 20 (spoilt / no) MPs don't self-declare as to their 'supporters' this would surely be an act of corbynite purity and pride for them....

You can bet they will be outed by the likes of Guido and others even if they don't self declare
  • Options

This will follow Corbyn and labour all the way to the next GE if he remains leader
    I think the polling shows most people haven't heard or noticed it as politics is irrelevant to their lives for 99% of the time...
  • Options
    Yes, what a surprise that a former Telegraph and Spectator staffer agrees with the absolute raging swollocks we hear on here.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    edited September 2018

You can bet they will be outed by the likes of Guido and others even if they don't self declare
    Really? Does someone actually know how each MP voted - ie was it not anonymous?
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

Yep, exactly. All the buffoons on here and in the right-wing westminster bubble twattersphere are completely getting it twisted as to how dragging this nonsense on is looking and who it is making look bad. Clue again: it isnt Corbyn.
    Talking to yourself I see. And while the press will attack Corbyn over this it is coming from within and will break labour
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

Yes, what a surprise that a former Telegraph and Spectator staffer agrees with the absolute raging swollocks we hear on here.
    you are right they are everywhere...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/sep/05/jewish-concern-corbyn-israel-palestine-antisemitism-ihra
  • Options

glw said:

Don’t you mean unhinged ?
    https://dailycaller.com/2018/09/05/full-transcript-trump-daily-caller-interview/
    “But I had a business dispute with Mueller before that. I had a real business dispute. And he’s Comey’s best friend. And I could give you 100 pictures of him and Comey hugging and kissing each other...”
  • Options

Really? Does someone actually know how each MP voted - ie was it not anonymous?
    I thought it was a secret ballot. Correct me if I am wrong though
  • Options

Hahaha. Love this senile guy's endless pronouncements on THIS DEFINITELY BEING THE END OF CORBYN, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!?.

Big G, 2015: Corbyn's overwhelming election as leader looks bad for Corbyn
    Big G, 2016: Corbyn's overwhelming re-election as leader looks bad for Corbyn, now this is a gamechanger
    BIg G, 2017: Corbyn's annihilation of the Tory majority looks bad for Corbyn, this is a gamechanger
    Big G, 2018: Corbyn's supporters winning all the seats on the NEC looks bad for Corbyn, gamechanger
    Big G, 2019: May being kicked out of office looks bad for Corbyn, gamechanger
    Big G, 2020: Corbyn elected looks bad for Corbyn, gamechanger
    BIg G, 2030: Corbyn's third term in office looks bad for Corbyn, gamechanger.
    BIg G, 2035: The dissolution of the Tory party looks bad for Corbyn, gamechanger.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited September 2018
    "The Labour Party is lost to ultra-left fanatics

David Aaronovitch

This week’s NEC elections showed how the old stalwarts have been thrown on the fire in an ideological takeover"

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/comment/the-labour-party-is-lost-to-ultra-left-fanatics-fnmhgrfh6
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

Hahaha. Love this senile guy's endless pronouncements on THIS DEFINITELY BEING THE END OF CORBYN, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!?.

Big G, 2016: Corbyn's overwhelming re-election as leader looks bad for Corbyn, now this is a gamechanger
    BIg G, 2017: Corbyn's annihilation of the Tory majority looks bad for Corbyn, this is a gamechanger
    Big G, 2018: Corbyn's supporters winning all the seats on the NEC looks bad for Corbyn, gamechanger
    BIg G, 2035: The dissolution of the Tory party looks bad for Corbyn, gamechanger.
    You need a rest.
  • Options

JWisemann said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/sep/05/jewish-concern-corbyn-israel-palestine-antisemitism-ihra
    french pb tories too!!!

https://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/270118/standing-at-the-twilight-of-democracy
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

Your abuse is unacceptable and sadly so evident in Corbyn's inner circle.

And it shows you are in panic mode.

I am not senile and I think many on here would see that as an insult

I was alive in the war years and saw the Jews suffering. Were you
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

Medics!
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

So you're suggesting that if Corbyn gets into power then we can face an 81 year old Corbyn being responsible for the dissolution of the opposition? Presumably because he doesn't believe in democracy so the opposition gets dissolved?
  • Options

JWisemann said:

french pb tories too!!!

https://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/270118/standing-at-the-twilight-of-democracy
    Yeah, I'm not sure how quoting an endless series of noted right-wingers and Israel fanatics is proving anything?

We know editors of the Sunday Telegraph and people who have a history of being obsessively pro-Israel don't like Corbyn, it is not what I think we'd call headline news.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

JWisemann said:

So you're suggesting that if Corbyn gets into power then we can face an 81 year old Corbyn being responsible for the dissolution of the opposition? Presumably because he doesn't believe in democracy so the opposition gets dissolved?
    Well it's a much nicer term than "liquidated"
  • Options

JWisemann said:

No, just that it will go the way of the old Liberal Party and finally die on its arse as completely unsuited to the 21st Century.
  • Options
    I appear to have triggered the Corbynites.
  • Options

JWisemann said:

You are constantly slandering labour and its supporters as anti-semitic with zero evidence which is cynical, disgusting and dangerous to those suffering from genuine prejudice, so Im afraid insults are all you deserve at this point really.
  • Options

JWisemann said:

:+1:
  • Options

I think they are in panic mode to be honest
  • Options

If PB starts Trigger Warnings at the top of the thread header, then it is the end.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    JWisemann said:

JWisemann said:

You are constantly slandering labour and its supporters as anti-semitic with zero evidence which is cynical, disgusting and dangerous to those suffering from genuine prejudice, so Im afraid insults are all you deserve at this point really.
    It's funny that you only ever turn up to defend Corbyn against charges of anti-semitism. It's an odd thing to be especially interested in.
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

JWisemann said:

You are either a troll, using anti-semitism to get your kicks - or you actually mean this shit you dribble out.

Either way, it paints you as the lowest of the low.
  • Options

If PB starts Trigger Warnings at the top of the thread header, then it is the end.
    It always amuses Mike that during my first stint as guest editor Vodafone started putting adult content warnings for PB.
  • Options

No, I just think its absolutely hilarious coming here every six months to see what new thing you think is DEFINITELY THE END OF CORBYN NOW IT MUST BE SURELY WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO in what should really be in green ink.
    I guess I thought disgusted of Tunbridge Wells was a stereotype rather than a curious interactive reality.
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

JWisemann said:

Zero evidence....

You sound like a Trump supporter.
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

JWisemann said:

Even Corbyn admits to the party have an anti semetic problem

And were you alive to witness the horrors the Jews experienced in the war. You would have a lot more sympathy if you had lived through those times
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    The tweet that's a reply to is comical.

Chris Williamson MP #JC9, yes 9
    ‏Verified account @DerbyChrisW

Unopposed vote in favour of #MandatoryReselection at tonight's #DemocracyRoadshow in Bermondsey & Old Southwark constituency and joyous celebration for #JC9's clean sweep in Labour's NEC election. Proceedings were brought to a conclusion with a rendition of We Shall Overcome.
  • Options

tim has broken the news as to who the 'spoilt ballot' 12 were... makes sense to me!

https://twitter.com/GOsborneGenius/status/1037404840169746432
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754

It always amuses Mike that during my first stint as guest editor Vodafone started putting adult content warnings for PB.
    was it related to the repeated use of the expression dockside hooker ?
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

No, I just think its absolutely hilarious coming here every six months to see what new thing you think is DEFINITELY THE END OF CORBYN NOW IT MUST BE SURELY WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO in what should really be in green ink.
    I guess I thought disgusted of Tunbridge Wells was a stereotype rather than a curious interactive reality.
    Why are you shouting if you are not in a panic
  • Options

was it related to the repeated use of the expression dockside hooker ?
    Dockside Hooker is a term that I've used exclusively below the line.
  • Options
    KP: "It's quite amazing how much importance seems to be placed on the Israel - Palestine conflict in Labour circles when in reality there isn't loads the British govt can do about it"

Very true. But it is absolutely amazing how much importance gets placed on the Israel - Palestine conflict in student politics when in reality there is absolutely sod all your student union can do about it. Doesn't stop them fighting about it though, tooth and claw...
  • Options

Pretty sure TSE would do it just for the LOLs.

Meanwhile, this might be the start of an interesting spat:
    https://www.theguardian.com/education/2018/sep/05/education-department-teachers-express-political-views-headteachers-unions
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

JWisemann said:

Actually, to slander someone means to verbally make a statement.

So you are wrong in the first four words, before we start on the rest.
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

I fear you might be Diane Abbott - you've been a member since Nov 2013 and are shown to have visited the site 1,217 times..... that's a lot of 6 months.
  • Options

That might be sound judgment, if @SeanT was updating us on his life and travels :smiley:
  • Options

Which ones? There are now two Momentums: Momentum and Provisional Momentum.
  • Options

So what are you planning now ... ?
  • Options

Probaby the labour party itself. How can Yvette Cooper, Starmer, Hilary Benn, Kinnock, Harman and Tom Watson and others allow this to continue
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Nigelb said:

JWisemann said:

JWisemann said:

Zero evidence....

OK. Shall we look at the facts, rather than the rabid, senile nonsense spewing out of here?

SO we have a small number of complaints that amount to approx 0.01% of the membership and 99% of those that have come to light are in some way related to criticism of Israel. There might have literally been a handful of actual anti-semitic nutcases amongst hundreds of thousands of people , just as there are undoubtedly in the Tory party too.

Virtually everything that has been picked up on happened during the pre-Corbyn era anyway, and yet strangely noone seemed to have suggested there was a problem then.

As we know anti-semitic views are much more prevalent amongst Tory voters than amongst Labour voters.

Corbyn has a long history of supporting early day motions against anti-semitism, better than his critics.

Basically the whole thing is tired bullcrap from a bunch of exhausted and discredited establishment right-wingers who are finding their endless mission to smear and destroy Corbyn dying on its arse.

• Options
    Nigelb said:

I don't think I'll ever top this.

What of David Cameron? With this referendum he must be feeling like the couple who agreed to make home made porn. It sounded like a good idea at the time, he thought it would be fun to do, but now as he sits back and views his production, he must be thinking this hasn’t turned out how he expected it to turn out, whilst regretting his initial decision and feeling a bit nauseous about it all.
  • Options

Nigelb said:

What of David Cameron? With this referendum he must be feeling like the couple who agreed to make home made porn. It sounded like a good idea at the time, he thought it would be fun to do, but now as he sits back and views his production, he must be thinking this hasn’t turned out how he expected it to turn out, whilst regretting his initial decision and feeling a bit nauseous about it all.
    I don't think you can. It is a good analogy
  • Options
    The_TaxmanThe_Taxman Posts: 2,979
    edited September 2018
    Corbyn supporters should chill out and listen to some Bob Marley - They might like the linked song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sak3QDH7_pg
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

Nigelb said:

JWisemann said:

JWisemann said:

Zero evidence....

OK. Shall we look at the facts, rather than the rabid, senile nonsense spewing out of here?

SO we have a small number of complaints that amount to approx 0.01% of the membership and 99% of those that have come to light are in some way related to criticism of Israel. There might have literally been a handful of actual anti-semitic nutcases amongst hundreds of thousands of people , just as there are undoubtedly in the Tory party too.

Virtually everything that has been picked up on happened during the pre-Corbyn era anyway, and yet strangely noone seemed to have suggested there was a problem then.

As we know anti-semitic views are much more prevalent amongst Tory voters than amongst Labour voters.

Corbyn has a long history of supporting early day motions against anti-semitism, better than his critics.

Basically the whole thing is tired bullcrap from a bunch of exhausted and discredited establishment right-wingers who are finding their endless mission to smear and destroy Corbyn dying on its arse.

If you say so
  • Options

JWisemann said:

JWisemann said:

Actually, to slander someone means to verbally make a statement.

So you are wrong in the first four words, before we start on the rest.
    OK Judge Judy. I'm not trying to present my case in a court of law. I'm just calling out the rabid, hysterical lunacy coming out of some of the more demented regulars here in perfectly understandable colloquial terms.
  • Options
    Just popped in for a few minutes and realised I had missed out on the opportunity to have a go at a raging Corbyn supporter/troll/antisemite.

In case you are still on here, be in no doubt, anyone that supports Corbyn is a racist. Stop pretending that it doesn't exist you miserable excuse for a human being. Anti-semites are the scum of the earth and Corbyn is one. he will be called out on it again and again. He is scum
  • Options

And it won't do anything but reinforce the views of Conservative voters about Corbyn, which really doesn't matter because they are not going to vote for him anyway.
  • Options

Corbyn supporters should chill out and listen to some Bob Marley - They might like the linked song!

No Willsman, no cry?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    AndyJS said:

David Aaronovitch

This week’s NEC elections showed how the old stalwarts have been thrown on the fire in an ideological takeover"

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/comment/the-labour-party-is-lost-to-ultra-left-fanatics-fnmhgrfh6

Any helpful hints in regards to the Times...?
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

Nigelb said:

JWisemann said:

JWisemann said:

Zero evidence....

Cool - see you in March. Happy Xmas.
  • Options

Just popped in for a few minutes and realised I had missed out on the opportunity to have a go at a raging Corbyn supporter/troll/antisemite.

In case you are still on here, be in no doubt, anyone that supports Corbyn is a racist. Stop pretending that it doesn't exist you miserable excuse for a human being. Anti-semites are the scum of the earth and Corbyn is one. he will be called out on it again and again. He is scum

Equally, you should be in no doubt that this kind of hysterical, unhinged ranting only helps Corbyn.
  • Options

And it won't do anything but reinforce the views of Conservative voters about Corbyn, which really doesn't matter because they are not going to vote for him anyway.
    You are ignoring a raft of centre-left Labour voters who are appalled by how this is playing out. Some will hold their nose - but some will not. I know them. They are amongst my friends.
  • Options

JWisemann said:

JWisemann said:

Even Corbyn admits to the party have an anti semetic problem

And were you alive to witness the horrors the Jews experienced in the war. You would have a lot more sympathy if you had lived through those times
    There are no tanks in Baghdad...
  • Options

Nigelb said:

I don't think you can. It is a good analogy
    Erectile disfunction?
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Equally, you should be in no doubt that this kind of hysterical, unhinged ranting only helps Corbyn.
    No its not unhinged, and no it doesn't help him. He is a racist. If you support him you are a racist by proxy.
  • Options

Probaby the labour party itself. How can Yvette Cooper, Starmer, Hilary Benn, Kinnock, Harman and Tom Watson and others allow this to continue
    The problem is they have little power to stop it at the moment. The only thing they can do is wait or leave. The only way I could see them leaving is in a National Government due to Brexit causing the Tories to split. The Tory party is a vehicle for the ambitious to be politicians, the Labour party is almost like a religion. The only way MPs will leave in any decisive way would be to work in a National Government IMO.
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

It was more effective than many other attack lines which is why they have pushed it for a while but in terms of winning over new converts I don't think it will work to any great degree anymore, it does play well with the already converted, these people are lost to Corbyn anyway.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

David Aaronovitch

Any helpful hints in regards to the Times...?

Week six, ring up to cancel, and they'll offer you a good deal to stay.

Otherwise register and you can read one article a week for free.
  • Options

No Willsman, no cry?
    lol
  • Options

that is why your cult will just get smaller and smaller. For the labour party to stand a chance of power it has to appeal to floating voters. there are a lot of people who would gladly lend Labour their vote if it was not going to a terrorist sympathising, economically illiterate anti-semite
  • Options

Danny565 said:

No its not unhinged, and no it doesn't help him. He is a racist. If you support him you are a racist by proxy.
    Yep, it is unhinged, and yep, it does help Corbyn, because when the criticism of a politician becomes so persistently OTT, the "middle ground" voters end up just not listening to ANY criticisms of him (even if it's, hypothetically, a valid criticism) because they assume it will be drivel.

Even Tony Blair knows that:

"I never made my line of attack overly harsh. I always tried to make it telling. The aim was to get the non-politician nodding. I would wonder not what appealed to a Labour Party Conference in full throttle, but what would appeal to my old mates at the Bar, who wanted a reasonable case to be made .... Expressed like that, these attacks seem flat, rather mundane almost, and not exactly inspiring - but that's their appeal. Any one of these charges, if it comes to believed, is actually fatal. Yes, it's not like calling your opponent a liar, or a fraud, or a villain or a hypocrite, but the middle-ground floating voter kind of shrugs their shoulders at these claims. They don't chime. They're too over the top, too heavy, and they represent an insult, not an argument. Whereas the lesser charge, because it's more accurate and precisely because it's more low-key, can stick."
  • Options

Nigelb said:

I don't think I'll ever top this....
    Where’s your ambition ?

• Options
    In all seriousness this issue wth labour and anti semitism has woken childhood memories that I realise have been held deep seated in my memory and it is like this has opened images that are just too cruel to describe and are haunting. As a child I cried over the images and the dreadful stories a young person should not have to see.

I am wholly opposed to Corbyn and his inner circle on many things, but to see Jews in our Country living in daily fear is just obnoxious to me and for that I cannot forgive him

Cobynites can call me senile but at least I did not suffer as the Jews did and I will always defend their right to live in peace and safety in our Country
  • Options
    edited September 2018

that is why your cult will just get smaller and smaller. For the labour party to stand a chance of power it has to appeal to floating voters. there are a lot of people who would gladly lend Labour their vote if it was not going to a terrorist sympathising, economically illiterate anti-semite
    Labour are ahead in the polls and have an increasing membership from an already record-breaking baseline.

(As an aside, I'd like to add that there are plenty of Jewish Corbyn supporters and also Jewish people who DO think this is a ridiculous and dangerous smear campaign that is doing damage to the real fight against anti-semitism, but all we seem to hear from in the media - I wonder why? - is right-wing pro-Israel groups and figures, who would be implacably opposed to Corbyn no matter what.)
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Nigelb said:

I don't think I'll ever top this....
    Where’s your ambition ?

Actually the morning thread might be on that level.
This discussion has been closed.