Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Labour’s gains in Scotland were mostly down to the SNP misplac

13»

Comments

• SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614
    edited September 2018
    murali_s said:

dixiedean said:

AndyJS said:

I think I would have preferred an Indian win on this occasion. For a team to score 464 would gave been a magnificent performance.

It would.

But it is a pretty impressive England performance overall. Yes, there have been some major problems - but they have pulled together when it mattered. And beaten the best team in the world 4-1. I don't think anyone would have predicted that a couple of months ago.

Cook going out on a high. Anderson achieving his goal of becoming the most successful pace bowler in history.

We were saved by our lower order players - but runs are runs at the end of the day. It was a team playing together and achieving together.
    Tbf though, winning 5 out of 5 tosses helped. Would have been different had India won all 5.
    Tosses were very crucial even though Joe Root made a blunder at Trent Bridge. Need to take the toss out of the game or at least make it fairer in my opinion.

The series was competitive but showed that both sides are very flawed.

If India are to prove their number one status - they have to win in South Africa, England and Australia. They have flunked the South Africa and England missions and likely to fail in Australia..

England still great at home and rubbish away from home. At least this series was competitive - when England played in India they were murdered.

There was a proposal at the ICC last year to do away with the toss at Test matches, giving the away side the choice of whether to bat or bowl, in an attempt to level up what’s become a significant home advantage over recent years. Not sure whether it’s going to be adopted or not though, but on the face of it it seems to be a sensible idea.
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,780
    Apologies if it has been linked to already but yet another set of good economic news today. Wages rising by 2.9%, now 0.5% ahead of inflation and unemployment falling yet again to a 40 year low. Add on the growth spurt reported yesterday and things look set pretty fair for the remainder of the year now.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45481485
This discussion has been closed.