Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » TMay heads back from Salzburg looking more isolated than ever

SystemSystem Posts: 11,683
edited September 2018 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » TMay heads back from Salzburg looking more isolated than ever

Rarely has a prime minister looked more isolated both home and abroad. Great pic from the inimitable @StefanRousseau pic.twitter.com/HTJESvrJ21

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,003
    edited September 2018
    First.

Unlike the Conservatives at the next GE
  • Options
    Second! Like Remain...
  • Options
    Is Grieve's so-called meaningful vote only on a theoretical deal? I assume so, but just checking.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125

Is Grieve's so-called meaningful vote only on a theoretical deal? I assume so, but just checking.

After he didn't even vote for his own amendment, I'm not sure Grieve is any longer a meaningful politician.
  • Options
    No Deal leads to a Corbyn government.

Brace yourselves and strap in.
  • Options
    FPT: I don't disagree with anything you say Mr. Nabavi, but anyone who has been involved in negotiations would see this as very stacked against the UK government, with the exception of point (1). I would also suggest that the EU negotiators seem a little smarter than ours, though that is an opinion, and matters seem to have improved since Davis skulked off. It could all still work out OK in the end. The one positive is that the EU, far from being the bogeyman of Brexitloon mythology is generally an organisation that thrives on compromise. That is our best bet
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,205
    FPT:-

@notme said:

“May can (but probably wont) come out of this as: "we tried, we wanted to maintain close relationships, but it is an unacceptable for the European Union to try and annexe part of the United Kingdom. An agreement on a deep and workable trade relationship seems to be unacceptable to the European Union. We will be leaving the EU on March 31st next year. If we fail to reach agreement on a withdrawal deal, I cannot pretend it wont be difficult. The EU would have inflicted maximum damage on the British economy and done so to punish us for leaving. We will never forget."

Resounding applause at party conference...”

I have no idea whether a deal is in practice doable. But I would not support a speech like that which strikes all the wrong notes. IMO.

I would have thought that, if one were to walk away, it should simply be a factual statement along the lines of that it has proved not possible, despite all the claims of those who wanted Brexit, to come up with a deal which maintains the integrity of the UK, the SM and respects the GFA. Accordingly, since a democratic mandate is so important and not wanting to rely on a mandate two and a half years old given in different circumstances and in the absence of information now available, there needs to be a referendum on a No Deal Brexit / Remain as now basis. If necessary, I will seek an extension of Art 50 to allow this to happen. And once that result is in then it will be for the government to enact the result. In the meanwhile preparations to be stepped up for a no deal Brexit.

If the HoC won’t pass a new referendum bill then I will resign and wish my successor good luck because he/she will need it.

I certainly would not talk about punishments or revenge or any of that. We need to live with each other in the future not up the rhetoric.

If she were going to do this best done soon.

Of course, this all may be unnecessary if this is just the usual stuff which goes on. But some sort of Plan B is needed.

Anyway back to work. I will look in later to see if I need to start bulk buying lentils.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

No deal leads to Brighton winning the league !

• Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293

There's No Deal and there's No Deal whatsoever. Are we heading to no deal whatsoever? No planes flying, unable to use drivers license abroad? Trucks cant enter or leave the UK?
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,639

Yes, but it may have some downsides too...
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    Curse of new thread, etc, etc...

Dementia? Not joking.
    https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1042787465017192450
  • Options
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Sean_F said:

Foxy said:

tlg86 said:

Sean_F said:

Some good news for the Lib Dems.

Ipsos Mori have Con 39%, Lab 37%, Lib Dems 13%.

Conference boost? Some churn going on with Ukip down to 2%:

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1042783247007137792
    Perhaps Cable's speech caught the zietgeist?

Exotic spresem is the new covfefe.
    It's funny that it doesn't matter how dismal a party conference is, it always produces a bounce.

I remember when the Quiet Man turned up the volume in 2003, and the next YouGov poll put the Conservatives 5% ahead,
    I'm not sure this is to do with the party conference, I mean the fieldwork for this poll started on Saturday.

I think this is just part of the slow leakage from Labour to the LibDems that polls have recorded over the summer, probably due to Brexit, like we saw in the early months of 2017 when 'Article 50' hype was at its peak. I would still be pretty optimistic of winning the bulk of those people back though, based on the canvassing experience last year - people who said they were considering switching from Labour over to the LibDems or Greens were pretty persuadable even in the dark early days of the 2017 campaign, as compared to people who said they were leaning towards switching from Labour to the Tories, who were INCREDIBLY firm in saying they wouldn't even consider Corbyn's Labour at the start of the campaign.
  • Options
    He hasn't got a f****ing clue about international business. We are just not that important. It will be easier for companies that sell, say 10% of their sales to UK to refocus on growth markets to balance the small loss that they will lose to tariffs in UK. Meanwhile we will have to refocus on 44% of our exports as our exports are no longer competitive. The madness known as Brexit
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,611
    Cyclefree said:

@notme said:

“May can (but probably wont) come out of this as: "we tried, we wanted to maintain close relationships, but it is an unacceptable for the European Union to try and annexe part of the United Kingdom. An agreement on a deep and workable trade relationship seems to be unacceptable to the European Union. We will be leaving the EU on March 31st next year. If we fail to reach agreement on a withdrawal deal, I cannot pretend it wont be difficult. The EU would have inflicted maximum damage on the British economy and done so to punish us for leaving. We will never forget."

And a resounding raspberry from the rest of the country.

Anyway back to work. I will look in later to see if I need to start bulk buying lentils.

Start now before the panic buying....
  • Options
    Not a great last day of summer.....
  • Options
    notme said:

There's No Deal and there's No Deal whatsoever. Are we heading to no deal whatsoever? No planes flying, unable to use drivers license abroad? Trucks cant enter or leave the UK?
    The latter, we're close to that or an extension to Article 50.

We simply are running out of time to get stuff sorted and ratified.

Remember solving Northern Ireland was meant to be easy.
  • Options

notme said:

It was all meant to be easy. It is time to call this out, there was no mandate for this self-destructive madness
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

@notme said:

I have no idea whether a deal is in practice doable. But I would not support a speech like that which strikes all the wrong notes. IMO.

I would have thought that, if one were to walk away, it should simply be a factual statement along the lines of that it has proved not possible, despite all the claims of those who wanted Brexit, to come up with a deal which maintains the integrity of the UK, the SM and respects the GFA. Accordingly, since a democratic mandate is so important and not wanting to rely on a mandate two and a half years old given in different circumstances and in the absence of information now available, there needs to be a referendum on a No Deal Brexit / Remain as now basis. If necessary, I will seek an extension of Art 50 to allow this to happen. And once that result is in then it will be for the government to enact the result. In the meanwhile preparations to be stepped up for a no deal Brexit.

If the HoC won’t pass a new referendum bill then I will resign and wish my successor good luck because he/she will need it.

I certainly would not talk about punishments or revenge or any of that. We need to live with each other in the future not up the rhetoric.

If she were going to do this best done soon.

Of course, this all may be unnecessary if this is just the usual stuff which goes on. But some sort of Plan B is needed.

An A50 extension to have a "No Deal At All vs Remain Sheepishly #peoplesvote" does at least give a few more moths for stocking up on lentils and shotguns.
  • Options

notme said:

But thats assuming the other stuff isnt all done and ready to be agreed. The stuff that can be agreed, the 80% is already there.

We dont need an extension of membership, but a fall back into customs union/single market for a fixed time call it a transition or whatever. Not doing so will rip all the economies of Europe, ours more so, but all of them will suffer.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Well I shall be observing it from afar.

The other positive will be all those Eurosceptics who have said No Deal/WTO will be good for the country.

It will be their 'we abolish boom and bust' moment.
  • Options

notme said:

Do you think the EU has negotiated its Article 50 obligations in good faith?
  • Options
    notme said:

notme said:

But thats assuming the other stuff isnt all done and ready to be agreed. The stuff that can be agreed, the 80% is already there.

We dont need an extension of membership, but a fall back into customs union/single market for a fixed time call it a transition or whatever. Not doing so will rip all the economies of Europe, ours more so, but all of them will suffer.
    Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.

If everything isn't agreed then we get No Deal.
  • Options

notme said:

What is the relevance of that right now ?
    They are not justiciable, in any event.
  • Options
    notme said:

No Deal whatsoever will happen if the UK does not pay the money the EU believes it is owed and which the UK had previously agreed to pay.

• Options

notme said:

Yes. If the UK has accepted the obvious truth that leaving the single market and customs union would have to mean special status for Northern Ireland, we wouldn't be stuck now.
  • Options

notme said:

It was all meant to be easy. It is time to call this out, there was no mandate for this self-destructive madness
    Person who did not want us to leave the EU in light of new evidence is now convinced we shouldnt leave the EU.
  • Options
    The financial markets seem completely unperturbed.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

notme said:

It is easy. David Davis said it was. Today!! Weren't you listening?
  • Options

Foxy said:

The other positive will be all those Eurosceptics who have said No Deal/WTO will be good for the country.

Most of us will be observing it much nearer to home.
  • Options

The financial markets seem completely unperturbed.

Incompetence priced in.
  • Options

notme said:

No Deal whatsoever will happen if the UK does not pay the money the EU believes it is owed and which the UK had previously agreed to pay.

And vice versa, of course.
  • Options

notme said:

As much as we have.
  • Options
    FensterFenster Posts: 2,115
    I wish we were all ruled by Martin Selmayr forever and ever.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,336
    The other day I suggested that normal EU negotiating procedure included a Crisis phase and then a Total Collapse of Talks phase, followed by a Last Desperate Effort phase, and finally a fudge. I think we're doing the first, and we will still end up with a deal.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,205
    Isn’t that in effect my No Deal / Remain option? If we go the option 1) route, we may as well remain. Option 2 leads to no government.

So we may as well have another vote.

No deal Brexit may still win. But to go down that option without a vote will lead to even more division. There will be enough leavers saying that’s not the sort of Brexit they voted for.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Didn't Juncker specifically say this morning that she was polite and not aggressive....
  • Options

notme said:

notme said:

An act of massive self sabotage for both sides to not allow planes to fly in and out of heathrow. To not let uk visitors go to spain on holiday. To not let BMW export their cars and cadburys to import their chocolate from Poland.
  • Options

The other day I suggested that normal EU negotiating procedure included a Crisis phase and then a Total Collapse of Talks phase, followed by a Last Desperate Effort phase, and finally a fudge. I think we're doing the first, and we will still end up with a deal.

You are probably right.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850

notme said:

The amount due is presumably our share of net liabilities, ie 18 bn euros.
  • Options
    Trying to work out if the Brexit talks are more Game of Thrones or House of Cards.

Or Keystone Cops.
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    But we're not, are we? There isn't any time left to do so in any meaningful way.
  • Options
    Appeal over the heads of Barnier, et al, to this guy ?
    “Those who explain that we can easily live without Europe, that everything is going to be alright, and that it’s going to bring a lot of money home are liars.”

Now that's a plan.
  • Options

Probably.
  • Options
    Fraser Nelson wins the internet for today:
    "Chequers goes pop"
  • Options

You are probably right.
    As you and Nick have shown great facility in putting a positive spin on whatever policy emanates from your respective sides of the political divide, that doesn't entirely fill me with confidence...
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

“Those who explain that we can easily live without Europe, that everything is going to be alright, and that it’s going to bring a lot of money home are liars.”

Now that's a plan.

Macron is, of course, correct.

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,444
    edited September 2018
    notme said:

notme said:

notme said:

An act of massive self sabotage for both sides to not allow planes to fly in and out of heathrow. To not let uk visitors go to spain on holiday. To not let BMW export their cars and cadburys to import their chocolate from Poland.
    Without wanting to trigger some people, Brexit can be compared to the start of the WWI.

Things escalated way out of hand.

The thing is, why was it clear to someone like me, and countless other firms in the banking, financial services, and insurance sectors way back in early 2016 that the EU would protect the four freedoms?

Why did the government and so many others delude themselves that they wouldn't.
  • Options
    FensterFenster Posts: 2,115
    Good - it will make May's conference speech easier. A 'Fuck the EU' theme will be a much more pleasing sell.
  • Options
    notme said:

"Chequers goes pop"

Ahem.

After Chequers went pop and we saw DExEU’s midnight runners, David Davis and Steve Baker resigning around midnight, and then Boris Johnson resigning a few hours later it seemed inevitable Mrs May would be ousted this year. But she’s still in place and from that my reading of the situation is that there’s no majority for in the Parliamentary Conservative Party for ousting Mrs May.

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2018/08/12/betting-on-will-there-be-a-tory-leadership-contest-in-2018/
  • Options

Nigelb said:

Now that's a plan.

Macron is, of course, correct.

More importantly from our point of view, he is determined.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,715
    edited September 2018
    FPT

So Theresa May goes to the House of Commons, says she has explored all avenues, but the EU have been unrealistic about what the UK can offer (despite its obligations under Article 50). Reluctanty, she has accepted that there will be no deal... She will work with whoever wants to put sensible measures in place to ameliorate the worst effects of no deal from late March 2019 - but No Deal Brexit it is....

Who can do anything to stop that? (Apart from Brussels of course...)

There two big assumptions in there. Mrs May is saying in effect that the ability to diverge from the EU is more important than maintaining a minimal border in Ireland and is also more important than any relationship with the EU and our neighbouring countries. I would question both those assumptions

• Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,779
    The EU is behaving quite poorly I feel. I suspect we'll all hate it, but I sort of feel Theresa May deserves to get some sort of a deal. I don't think I'll ever really warm to her, but she does have amazing qualities of persistence and resilience. I do quite like Boris and I do quite like Rees-Mogg. However May is making a far more coherent effort to deliver Brexit than either of them. Particularly Boris is rather floundering around (making some good points, and he's not totally wrong, but nonetheless).

I do rather wonder the extent to which we're up shit creek is due to a certain David Davis. If history writes well of him I'd be very surprised.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Foxy said:

Most of us will be observing it much nearer to home.
    Don't worry, I'll be back, because it will get better.
  • Options

notme said:

notme said:

notme said:

Without wanting to trigger some people, Brexit can be compared to the start of the WWI.

The thing is, why was it clear to someone like me, and countless other firms in the banking, financial services, and insurance sectors way back in early 2016 that the EU wouldn't protect the four freedoms?

Why did the government and so many others delude themselves that they would.
    And me also. The EU are very attached to their pillars, though they arent as core and historic as they imply. While a fudge could be possible, they've been quite consistent, if you want free movement of goods, you need to accept free movement of labour (not people, labour). The further you impede labour, the further you go from free movement of goods.

The choice has only ever really been a Norway model or a Canada model. Pick one and try and improve it and maybe customise it a bit. But Chequers wanted the Norway access with the Canada obligations....
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

notme said:

What is the relevance of that right now ?
    They are not justiciable, in any event.
    It's very important for domestic politics.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

notme said:

"Chequers goes pop"

Ahem.

After Chequers went pop and we saw DExEU’s midnight runners, David Davis and Steve Baker resigning around midnight, and then Boris Johnson resigning a few hours later it seemed inevitable Mrs May would be ousted this year. But she’s still in place and from that my reading of the situation is that there’s no majority for in the Parliamentary Conservative Party for ousting Mrs May.

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2018/08/12/betting-on-will-there-be-a-tory-leadership-contest-in-2018/
    Our political puns are ever so au courant...

But yes, the decent thing would have been to credit you.
  • Options
    Fenster said:

Good - it will make May's conference speech easier. A 'Fuck the EU' theme will be a much more pleasing sell.

But it is not a sustainable strategy. This is much of the problem we have had since the start: may has seen the entire process through the prism of keeping the Tories together and her in Number 10. The national interest has never been a consideration.

• Options
    edited September 2018

The thing is, why was it clear to someone like me, and countless other firms in the banking, financial services, and insurance sectors way back in early 2016 that the EU wouldn't protect the four freedoms?

Did you get that the wrong way around?
  • Options
    Anorak said:

Did you get that the wrong way around?
    Oops, blinking auto-correct.
  • Options
    notme said:

notme said:

notme said:

notme said:

And me also. The EU are very attached to their pillars, though they arent as core and historic as they imply. While a fudge could be possible, they've been quite consistent, if you want free movement of goods, you need to accept free movement of labour (not people, labour). The further you impede labour, the further you go from free movement of goods.

The choice has only ever really been a Norway model or a Canada model. Pick one and try and improve it and maybe customise it a bit. But Chequers wanted the Norway access with the Canada obligations....
    Hmm... 'notme' says 'and me also' .. I'm struggling :)
  • Options
    Omnium said:

notme said:

notme said:

notme said:

notme said:

touché
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040
    As I have been saying since day one, Brexit is a calamity and Brexiteers are f*cking idiots!
  • Options

notme said:

"Chequers goes pop"

Ahem.

My most humble apologies.... But the timing was better..
  • Options
    Some gallows humour doing the rounds....

https://twitter.com/TomMcTague/status/1042809620270592000
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040

Fenster said:

But it is not a sustainable strategy. This is much of the problem we have had since the start: may has seen the entire process through the prism of keeping the Tories together and her in Number 10. The national interest has never been a consideration.

The Tories put their party interests ahead of the national interest. Every single time!
  • Options
    notme said:

notme said:

notme said:

notme said:

My analogy still holds.

https://twitter.com/TSEofPB/status/722391453599723520
  • Options

Fenster said:

Nonsense, she's very much been trying to deliver Brexit in a way which is in the national interest.

Still, as regards the purely party-political aspect of this, I'm not sure that this is a blow for her in terms of the Tory conference. If you imagine a scenario where the EU had made enthusiastic noises about how close we are to an agreement based on Chequers, that would inevitably have provoked the anti-Chequers brigade into increased vociferousness. As it is, pretty much everyone, including May herself, can say with regret that, despite her huge effort to compromise, the EU aren't playing ball and that as a result we may have to go for a looser arrangement. That actually suits all sides in the short term, and still leaves room for movement in the next stage, and for her to say that she's still confident of a deal.
  • Options
    notme said:

Omnium said:

notme said:

notme said:

notme said:

touché
    We all chose our forum names in the long forgotten past I'm sure. I've sometimes regretted mine - chosen for Trollope's Duke of Omnium, but on a site with cycling fan Mr S, it might seem like it was chosen for that.

Given your nom-de-guerre please don't venture into any discussions of logic though.
  • Options
    murali_s said:

As I have been saying since day one, Brexit is a calamity and Brexiteers are f*cking idiots!

Nah, but it is polarising. The only sustainable and coherent long term solutions are WTO and Remain.

I forecast a Withdrawal Agreement, with customs union and SM alignment, in a Blind Brexit to give more time to prepare for No Deal Brexit on 31 Dec 2020.
  • Options
    murali_s said:

I don't think you're the most persuasive of advocates for the EU,
  • Options
    ANALYSIS Theresa May asked the EU for a Tory conference lifeline - instead they threw her a grenade

.....Theresa May had been hoping for some warm words from the EU which would have served as a get-out-of jail free card at the Tory get-together. Anything that would have let her hold her Chequers plan up and say ‘this has not been killed off... yet’ would have been a help. Instead they sent her away with a target stuck to her forehead.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/conservative-party/theresa-may/news/98383/analysis-theresa-may-asked-eu
  • Options
    murali_s said:

Fenster said:

The Tories put their party interests ahead of the national interest. Every single time!

Yep, I wrote about it on this very site last year. It still rings very true today, IMO ;i)

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2017/06/13/its-time-for-labour-to-push-back-against-tory-plastic-patriotism/

• Options
    Omnium said:

notme said:

Omnium said:

notme said:

notme said:

notme said:

touché
    We all chose our forum names in the long forgotten past I'm sure. I've sometimes regretted mine - chosen for Trollope's Duke of Omnium, but on a site with cycling fan Mr S, it might seem like it was chosen for that.

Given your nom-de-guerre please don't venture into any discussions of logic though.
    Trollope's Duke of Omnium. Excellent choice. Great novel, 'The Prime Minister'.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

murali_s said:

Nah, but it is polarising. The only sustainable and coherent long term solutions are WTO and Remain.

I forecast a Withdrawal Agreement, with customs union and SM alignment, in a Blind Brexit to give more time to prepare for No Deal Brexit on 31 Dec 2020.
    Even 2020 might be too soon. But if that is true, and we get a withdrawal agreement, there'll be no disaster or war analogy.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

murali_s said:

But one of the most perceptive.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

murali_s said:

It's why he won last time...
  • Options

Sean_F said:

murali_s said:

It's why he won last time...
    No that was the fault of your lot. You're now doing the same trick for the other side.
  • Options
    Who can sort this mess out? Not May, by looks of things.

Starting to think Gove is too long at 11 on BF.
  • Options

murali_s said:

Fenster said:

Yep, I wrote about it on this very site last year. It still rings very true today, IMO ;i)

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2017/06/13/its-time-for-labour-to-push-back-against-tory-plastic-patriotism/

In general, we all tend to think that the policies we favour are in the national interest. Those of us who support Brexit do so because we think it's the correct course of action, not because we think it benefits the Conservative Party.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,005
    The Chequers Deal is really now just a starting point for FTA negotiations in the transition period.

To get the Withdrawal Agreement and Transition Period we will have to stay in the single market and customs union in all but name until at least December 2020 anyway
  • Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,908
    If the choice is between no deal and the whole of the UK staying in the customs union, surely May chooses the latter? Am I right in thinking the customs union resolves the Irish border?
  • Options
    Anorak said:

Sean_F said:

murali_s said:

But one of the most perceptive.
    Not really. Abusing your opponents, without making the slightest attempt to understand them, is just getting in your excuse for defeat early.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,005
    Foxy said:

murali_s said:

Or a general election in 2020 with the Tory leader at the time standing on a platform of a Canada style FTA for GB as the goal post transition period if the Tories win a majority
  • Options
    rkrkrk said:

If the choice is between no deal and the whole of the UK staying in the customs union, surely May chooses the latter? Am I right in thinking the customs union resolves the Irish border?

It mostly resolves the Irish border but means we lose ease of trade in the EU but can't do deals to improve our trade with the rest of the world, or influence the EU in such deals though will have to abide by them. Customs Union plus single market solves one of those problems, but then we have no independent trade policy, no freedom from EU regulations, and are required to accept continued free movement.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    edited September 2018
    Bloke at work said May a gonner. Is this true? Not seen the news.
  • Options
    EU ambushes May over Brexit plan

Tusk gives UK four weeks to save exit talks and rejects Chequers proposals

https://www.ft.com/content/95466282-bcde-11e8-8274-55b72926558f
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,304
    edited September 2018
    What's Boris's next move? Surely he'll pop up at some 'fringe event' during conference and absolutely eviscerate Theresa and all her works. He'll then sit back and wait for a desperate and humiliated nation to choose him as its saviour from Brexit.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,109
    edited September 2018
    I see the recent 'May's doing rather well & we're reaching the kabuki & fudge stage' phase on PB didn't last long, and we're back to prolapses and pitiful blustering about withholding £39b. Can we have a sweepstake on which poster will be the first to demand Tusk's official residence should be nuked?
This discussion has been closed.