Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If the ERG plotters get their 48 letters today and TMay loses

Comments

• Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,809
    DavidL said:

Government once again fails to halt the court cases that will rule Brexit revocable:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/theresa-may-fails-again-to-block-court-case-that-could-allow-the-uk-to-reverse-brexit-2018-11

I think that that is an unlikely conclusion both because of the wording of Article 50 and the general law as regards notices.

Art 50 requires unanimity to extend the period. How is it consistent with that to allow the party giving notice to withdraw it unilaterally (and then possibly serve notice again once they are ready)?

In general law, eg tenancies, if a party gives notice of intention to quit or conclude the tenancy the other party is allowed to rely upon that and hold them to it. The EU have responded to our notice by negotiating (after a fashion) with us for 2 years. They have relied upon the notice which they insisted upon before they would even start discussions. They can hold us to it.

Of course the CJEU is more like a political forum than a real court but I can't imagine that they will want to leave the EU in such an uncertain position.
    I think that must be correct. Otherwise, any member State could play cat and mouse with the rest.
  • Options

What does it mean to not have a backstop?

The UK enters transition (presumably) and if we can't agree a long term partnership, it's no deal - is that the idea?

No, it means no transition, we crash out in utter chaos in a few weeks' time, unless the EU can be persuaded to change their minds or (more likely, but still not very likely) can be persuaded to agree to some kind of 'clarification' which keeps the DUP happy. Unfortunately I think the entrenched positions of various MPs now mean that even that wouldn't work.
    (See my reply to WG)
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,518
  • Options
    grabcocquegrabcocque Posts: 4,234
    What happens if HM Govt puts the deal-minus-backstop to a vote, and it carries?

Ball is in Ireland's court now. Accept the backstopless deal or cause no deal chaos, Leo. Your call. Choose wisely.
  • Options

The UK enters transition (presumably) and if we can't agree a long term partnership, it's no deal - is that the idea?

No, if there's no backstop then there's a no deal crash out next March.
    I mean those people who think that TM could have got a WA "without a backstop" - what does that look lik?
    Like the current deal with some black marker pen through all the sections about backstops.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Charles said:

If we’d threatened to walk away they may have. If you must do a deal you’ve little leverage

Indeed. That's why they've got the leverage. We can't credibly threaten to walk away.
    Yes. I would have played the whole thing differently

But we’ve ended up in an ok place

And for the backstop, if they try to enforce, I’d repudiate it.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,218

DavidL said:

Government once again fails to halt the court cases that will rule Brexit revocable:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/theresa-may-fails-again-to-block-court-case-that-could-allow-the-uk-to-reverse-brexit-2018-11

I think that that is an unlikely conclusion both because of the wording of Article 50 and the general law as regards notices.

Art 50 requires unanimity to extend the period. How is it consistent with that to allow the party giving notice to withdraw it unilaterally (and then possibly serve notice again once they are ready)?

In general law, eg tenancies, if a party gives notice of intention to quit or conclude the tenancy the other party is allowed to rely upon that and hold them to it. The EU have responded to our notice by negotiating (after a fashion) with us for 2 years. They have relied upon the notice which they insisted upon before they would even start discussions. They can hold us to it.

Of course the CJEU is more like a political forum than a real court but I can't imagine that they will want to leave the EU in such an uncertain position.
    The CJEU usually rules in a way which grants more power to the commission. Bearing that in mind, I think they will rule something like thus:

A50 cannot be unilaterally revoked

A50 can be revoked by bilateral agreement with the Commission, with the approval of the Council,

The agreement may include enjoining us not to invoke Article 50 again for some lengthy period.
    I think the wording in the second part of Art 50 about unanimous consent by MSs is of great significance here. Of course the EU could agree to us withdrawing the notice but it would require unanimity.
  • Options

I mean those people who think that TM could have got a WA "without a backstop" - what does that look lik?
    Something like this, I think:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/Oftheunicorn.jpg
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,518
    Charles said:

TOPPING said:

In order for something like this deal to pass, somebody is going to negotiate away the godforsaken backstop.

It doesn't make any sense to ask the woman whose deep and enduring incompetence ensured it made it in the first place, to be the person responsible for negotiating it away again.

What would you have in place of the backstop?
    An agreement that neither of us would implement a hard border, an agreement to work together on solutions to avoid it and an agreement to co-operate and punish to the full extent of the law any criminals who break the law and don't pay their taxes which is all customs duties are.
    And you don't think Theresa May, Olly Robbins, David Davis, or Dominic Raab have suggested such a deal to the EU?
    I think David Davis and Raab did suggest it. I think the EU tried their luck and May and Robbins fell apart like first two little pigs houses getting blown down by the big bad wolf. If May wasn't so desparate to get results after her disastrous election she could have said no to the backstop when they proposed it.
    Why would she do that? She actually wants to get this through parliament.

Really, this idea that Theresa May screwed up the negotiations by not being tough enough is the most ludicrous nonsense. I actually agree that the backstop is daft, but the idea that the EU could be persuaded to drop it if only we'd shouted louder is off-the-wall raving bonkers.
    If we’d threatened to walk away they may have. If you must do a deal you’ve little leverage
    And if (/when) the answer is 'fine, come back when you're ready', what then ?
  • Options
    Labour surge 7 points ahead in latest Survation / GMB poll:

Labour: 44%
    Conservative: 37%
    Liberal Democrats: 9%
    SNP: 3%
    UKIP: 3%
    Greens: 2%
  • Options

TOPPING said:

DavidL said:

The CJEU usually rules in a way which grants more power to the commission. Bearing that in mind, I think they will rule something like thus:

A50 can be revoked by bilateral agreement with the Commission, with the approval of the Council,

The agreement may include enjoining us not to invoke Article 50 again for some lengthy period.
    This is why we need to leave and if, at some point in the future we decide to remain we will see what terms we want to do so or be allowed to do.

We cannot cock around with our various treaty obligations and agreements because each time we do we weaken our negotiating position for next time round as people, simply, won't believe we would be acting in good faith and would insert, as you say, a host of penal clauses.
    I can imagine the Council deciding to redraft or remove article 50 at some point. It was meant to symbolic, it wasn't actually meant to be used.
    Paradoxically, scrapping A50 might make it easier to leave.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,282
    Charles said:

Charles said:

Indeed. That's why they've got the leverage. We can't credibly threaten to walk away.

They won't try to enforce it, Charles, they don't want it. A dispute may be brought, if we are operating under WTO terms, by a fellow WTO member under MFN which could either force us to put up a border or force us to drop any tariffs for goods from any other country that aren't applied to RoI goods.
  • Options

Very low figure for the SNP. They are usually 4 and occasionally 5%. If accurate there would be a lot of Labour gains in Scotland.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,914

Between this poll and Brexit, my considered conclusion is that we're fucked.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Charles said:

TOPPING said:

In order for something like this deal to pass, somebody is going to negotiate away the godforsaken backstop.

It doesn't make any sense to ask the woman whose deep and enduring incompetence ensured it made it in the first place, to be the person responsible for negotiating it away again.

What would you have in place of the backstop?
    An agreement that neither of us would implement a hard border, an agreement to work together on solutions to avoid it and an agreement to co-operate and punish to the full extent of the law any criminals who break the law and don't pay their taxes which is all customs duties are.
    And you don't think Theresa May, Olly Robbins, David Davis, or Dominic Raab have suggested such a deal to the EU?
    I think David Davis and Raab did suggest it. I think the EU tried their luck and May and Robbins fell apart like first two little pigs houses getting blown down by the big bad wolf. If May wasn't so desparate to get results after her disastrous election she could have said no to the backstop when they proposed it.
    Why would she do that? She actually wants to get this through parliament.

Really, this idea that Theresa May screwed up the negotiations by not being tough enough is the most ludicrous nonsense. I actually agree that the backstop is daft, but the idea that the EU could be persuaded to drop it if only we'd shouted louder is off-the-wall raving bonkers.
    And if (/when) the answer is 'fine, come back when you're ready', what then ?
    Too busy for hypotheticals. Where we are today this isn’t plausible
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Between this poll and Brexit, my considered conclusion is that we're fucked.
    Yep
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,803

Broken, sleazy, divided, back stabbing Tories on the slide...
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,189

BoJo loses his seat according to electoral calculus.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Theresa, Honey

YOU'VE MADE JEREMY CORBYN LOOK LIKE A PLAUSIBLE PRIME MINISTER

YOU'RE GIVING A PALEO-LENINIST A MAJORITY YOU HONKING GREAT BERK

Look what you've done. I hope you're happy.
  • Options
    Andy_CookeAndy_Cooke Posts: 4,814

DavidL said:

Would that be a decision taken by QMV?
    It's not one "where the Treaties provide otherwise", after all.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    tlg86 said:

BoJo loses his seat according to electoral calculus.

And there was much rejoicing.

Although I am not sure he will stand again
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I like this biography of Boris Johnson https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1064877294785835009
  • Options
    Fake News Alert.

Survation say this poll is from 12th March 2018. Their most recent poll has Labour ahead 40/39.
  • Options
    The Tories need to do a deal with May where they
    a) Get her deal over the line (2nd ref or No Deal Brexit are both complete disasters for them) in exchange for her going once the deal is over the line.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Fake News Alert.

Survation say this poll is from 12th March 2018. Their most recent poll has Labour ahead 40/39.

Apologies. That'll teach me to believe what I read on Twitter.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,803
    Sean_F said:

Fake News Alert.

:(
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

They won't try to enforce it, Charles, they don't want it. A dispute may be brought, if we are operating under WTO terms, by a fellow WTO member under MFN which could either force us to put up a border or force us to drop any tariffs for goods from any other country that aren't applied to RoI goods.
    We’ve discussed this before.

Tariffs will be applied, just the monitoring will be done in a different way. But it will be done in the same way as all U.K. land borders*

(* except Gibraltar, but don’t worry Spain that’s not really part of the UK)
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Fake News Alert.

I've just put my life savings on Labour most seats!

/Joke
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Fake News Alert.

It was just some Labour activist trolling.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Survation poll did put Labour 7% ahead right now, although the UKIP score would be much higher than 3%.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,658
    edited November 2018

Ok - old poll
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited November 2018
    Sean_F said:

Fake News Alert.

It amazing how tw@tter can spread fake news. Some rando with hardly any followers tweets this 20hrs ago and of course people jump all over it and a day later it makes its way onto PB.
  • Options
    Still, BoJo losing his seat. I want to believe.

If only the gods hadn't abandoned us.
  • Options

I like this biography of Boris Johnson https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1064877294785835009

A monstrous basilisk that grew up into BoJo.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:
    Hard to disagree with that. Interesting stats about the amount of progress the Dems made at State level too. It may not have been a blue wave but the republicans got seriously wet.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

Fake News Alert.

It was just some Labour activist trolling.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Survation poll did put Labour 7% ahead right now, although the UKIP score would be much higher than 3%.
    I was surprised that Ukip weren't a bit higher than 3% - but, yeah, we all fell for it.
  • Options
    Just logged on are we still at 48-n letters?
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256

Who cares? Facebook is down.
  • Options

Because of Brexit?
  • Options

Still, BoJo losing his seat. I want to believe.

If only the gods hadn't abandoned us.

We told them we were leaving and invoked A50

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Even if it was true that the EU suffered most, that would be pretty cold comfort for us. No deal hurts everyone.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,052
    Charles said:

TOPPING said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

Tariffs will be applied, just the monitoring will be done in a different way. But it will be done in the same way as all U.K. land borders*

Gibraltar isn’t part of the UK at all.
  • Options
    I don't really know what motivates UKIP voters any more. Since the party wandered off into the toxic shallows of gammon-hued islamoscepticism it's difficult to reason about how these people will vote. If they vote.
  • Options

Charles said:

TOPPING said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

It's a British Overseas Territory. Not part of the UK. But it's treated as part of the South West for census purposes.
  • Options

Because of Brexit?
    It must be. What else could explain it? ;)

In any case, for most people, it is probably more of an annoyance than Brexit.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Fake News Alert.

'lol'

I remember Tim, formerly of this parish, hyping a Labour lead poll in the run up to the 2010 election. Lots of 'if these rumours are true' hyperbole.

Probably a banning offence if you think about it.
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870
    edited November 2018
    For those of you who Reddit, Sebastian Payne of the FT is about to do an "Ask Me Anything": https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/9yspe4/im_sebastian_payne_and_i_write_editorials_and/ . He's quite a cogent and engaging writer, so it may be worth following.

Also, Sunil, he'll answer questions about trains.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Sean_F said:

Fake News Alert.

'lol'

I remember Tim, formerly of this parish, hyping a Labour lead poll in the run up to the 2010 election. Lots of 'if these rumours are true' hyperbole.

I didn't do it on purpose. I posted it in good faith.

Don't come for me. I AM ARMED.
  • Options

Charles said:

TOPPING said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

It's a British Overseas Territory. Not part of the UK. But it's treated as part of the South West for census purposes.
    I think you mean the EU Parliament elections - it's not in the UK Census.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Fake News Alert.

'lol'

• Options
    tlg86 said:

Charles said:

TOPPING said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

I think you mean the EU Parliament elections - it's not in the UK Census.
    Yeah, that makes sense. The population of the Gibraltar was included in the population of the south west to work out how many MEPs it got.
  • Options
    Charles said:

TOPPING said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

We have discussed this before and yet people refuse to face reality.

Your solution would be the mystical techno-phyto-mythological doesn't yet exist plan I imagine.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Your solution would be the mystical techno-phyto-mythological doesn't yet exist plan I imagine.

The real problem is that it's not a question of who is right, it's a question of what the EU and Ireland will accept.
  • Options
    George Osborne posted a poll in good faith and he's apologised.
  • Options
    In a time when Labour didn't have issues with Jews,

Clement Attlee, the Labour prime minister whose government founded the welfare state, looked after a child refugee who escaped from the Nazis in the months leading up to the second world war, it can be revealed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/20/clement-attlee-child-refugee-paul-willer-fled-nazis-1939
  • Options

TOPPING said:

The real problem is that it's not a question of who is right, it's a question of what the EU and Ireland will accept.
    Who is 'right' in Ireland ? It's a good question - one you can look back over the last thousand years at so far as British (And previously Norman, with a mild sprinkling of Dutch) involvement is concerned.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Fake News Alert.

'lol'

Wasn't it a fake Lib Dem lead at the height of the Cleggasm? I seem to recall numerous 'Lib Dems gain Witney on these numbers' posts from tim.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

George Osborne posted a poll in good faith and he's apologised.

Tony Blair let in about 2m by mistake but no apologies there.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,850
    AndyJS said:

Pulpstar said:

https://twitter.com/MSmithsonPB/status/1064877326691954688

Fun cover, though I do wonder if many people under the age of 50 get Dad's Army references.

Yes it's been on TV plenty enough for anyone in their 30s to get it.
    I'm 36 and while I get the reference it doesn't really mean anything to me. Never seen the show.
    It's not the funniest vintage comedy show IMO but it's miles better than most new comedy.
    Who do you think you are kidding Mr Andy!!!
  • Options

TOPPING said:

That doesn't matter either it is if the WTO accepts there is a security angle.

Not a gamble May can accept.
  • Options

Theresa, Honey

not aged well....

tbf, a poll like that is entirely plausible to happen soon...
  • Options
    Good afternoon, everyone.

What's the timetable for the deal reaching the Commons?

F1: just the winner's market up. Hopefully the rest will be up soon.
  • Options

Theresa, Honey

not aged well....

It is genuinely bewildering that a government that is falling apart, on its 3rd Brexit Secretary in as many months and seems to have lost its coalition partner/majority is still marginally leading in the polls. If Labour were not on a different planet they would be giving this some serious thought.
  • Options
    Not strictly fake news, more (very) old news.
  • Options

Charles said:

TOPPING said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

The Spanish complaint today is the wording in the WDA makes it look like it is

(But it was a joke anyway)
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Theresa, Honey

not aged well....

It is genuinely bewildering that a government that is falling apart, on its 3rd Brexit Secretary in as many months and seems to have lost its coalition partner/majority is still marginally leading in the polls. If Labour were not on a different planet they would be giving this some serious thought.
    On the most recent polls Jezza will be PM
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Charles said:

TOPPING said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

Trusted traveller does
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    DavidL said:

Theresa, Honey

not aged well....

There were two polls out over the weekend giving Labour leads of 3% and 4%. Beyond that , I suspect that the polls have tended to flatter the Tories as a result of Brexit effectively freezing out the Opposition parties from day to day commentary.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,101

A unicorn is just a rhino with a good PR agency......
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,619
    Charles said:

TOPPING said:

Charles said:

TOPPING said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

Trusted traveller does
    You don't need to check the ones you trust, it is the ones you don't trust that need checking.

If you rely on the magic technology who checks the rest who just wander across.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,101
    justin124 said:

DavidL said:

Theresa, Honey

not aged well....

There were two polls out over the weekend giving Labour leads of 3% and 4%. Beyond that , I suspect that the polls have tended to flatter the Tories as a result of Brexit effectively freezing out the Opposition parties from day to day commentary.
    The Labour opposition is hardly frozen out - it just doesn't have a clue what to say on Brexit. Witness Magic Grandpa on SKY.....
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Fake News Alert.

'lol'

quite.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

justin124 said:

DavidL said:

Theresa, Honey

not aged well....

The Labour opposition is hardly frozen out - it just doesn't have a clue what to say on Brexit. Witness Magic Grandpa on SKY.....
    I doubt that many people - other than political anoraks - have noticed them much at all.
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414

Or a rhino is an armoured unicorn.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,988

DavidL said:

Theresa, Honey

not aged well....

The latest EMA including the two weekend polls has:

Con 39.3%
    Lab 38.5%
    LD 8.4%

Combining this with the latest Scottish GE poll and using Electoral Calculus gives:

Con 302
    Lab 270
    LD 16
    SNP 40
    Grn 1
    PC 3
    UKIP 0
    NI 18

Tories 24 short of an overall majority.

Minority Labour government with support of SNP and LDs (and PC and Green).
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    justin124 said:

justin124 said:

DavidL said:

Theresa, Honey

not aged well....

I doubt that many people - other than political anoraks - have noticed them much at all.
    The Tory shitshow is the only circus in town right now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46269757 2867 comments and still going strong.

Corbyn could propose a unicorn on a stick for his Brexit plan and noone would care or notice right now.
  • Options
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Barnesian said:

DavidL said:

Theresa, Honey

not aged well....

Con 39.3%
    Lab 38.5%
    LD 8.4%

Combining this with the latest Scottish GE poll and using Electoral Calculus gives:

Con 302
    Lab 270
    LD 16
    SNP 40
    Grn 1
    PC 3
    UKIP 0
    NI 18

Thanks for the figures, interesting stuff.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    ERG have been as effective as toddlers bailing out a bath with forks.
  • Options
    Does anyone know whether Stewart Jackson would be interested in standing again in Peterborough in the event of a by-election?
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Does anyone know whether Stewart Jackson would be interested in standing again in Peterborough in the event of a by-election?

The candidate has already been chosen:

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/politics/peterborough-s-conservatives-choose-their-candidate-to-fight-the-next-election-1-8676251
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

TOPPING said:

Who is 'right' in Ireland ? It's a good question - one you can look back over the last thousand years at so far as British (And previously Norman, with a mild sprinkling of Dutch) involvement is concerned.
    First time I’ve ever been called a Dutch sprinkle!
  • Options

The deal is in some respects a unicorn with a monumentally awful PR agency. It certainly has more cake than the EU said could ever be possible.
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

DavidL said:

Theresa, Honey

not aged well....

Con 39.3%
    Lab 38.5%
    LD 8.4%

Con 302
    Lab 270
    LD 16
    SNP 40
    Grn 1
    PC 3
    UKIP 0
    NI 18

Minority Conservative government with support of LDs and DUP (who propped up the Tories last time and this, respectively).
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

I think he's ruled himself out.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    Current Peterborough MP seems to have added driving and phoning to her amazing skill set. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-46279719#
  • Options
    edited November 2018

AndyJS said:

The candidate has already been chosen:

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/politics/peterborough-s-conservatives-choose-their-candidate-to-fight-the-next-election-1-8676251
    Thanks. He looks a bit like Ben Gummer.
  • Options
    kjh said:

Charles said:

TOPPING said:

Charles said:

TOPPING said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

Trusted traveller does
    You don't need to check the ones you trust, it is the ones you don't trust that need checking.

The vast bulk of trade is by a few small groups.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited November 2018
    dr_spyn said:

Current Peterborough MP seems to have added driving and phoning to her amazing skill set. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-46279719#

Ms Onasanya told the Old Bailey she could not have been driving as she does not use her mobile phone when at the wheel.

That's a goody!
  • Options
    Something's going on with the oil price at present, it's dropping like a stone.

https://www.bloomberg.com/energy
  • Options
    kjh said:

Charles said:

TOPPING said:

Charles said:

TOPPING said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

Trusted traveller does

Vast bulk of trade is small group of companies. Self reporting plus spot checks and then spot checks on everyone else
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Jeremy Corbyn missed a vote last night on an amendment placed in his own name to the Finance Bill. This was an amendment which potentially could have defeated the Government as eight DUP MPs voted with Labour, the SNP, Lib Dems, and Plaid Cymru. Senior Labour MPs are furious that party lost the vote when a tighter whipping operation could have defeated the Government.

Labour reportedly claim that he missed the vote because he was paired with a Tory MP, although the Tories insist he was not. So what’s the truth?

UPDATE: Labour have now clarified that Corbyn wasn’t paired after all, but he was given permission not to be there, because of “meetings”.

https://order-order.com/2018/11/20/why-did-corbyn-miss-a-vote-last-night/

Obviously too busy with the local manhole cover appreciation society meeting. Magic Grandpa doesn't half do some lying, or at least his office does.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

If I remember Robert's YouTube video about this then this is an inevitable consequence of tight oil producers in the US reacting to higher prices some months ago. The oil price is roughly where it was a year ago. While geopolitical factors - like sabre-rattling with Iran - might temporarily push the price up the fundamentals of the market will always drag the price back down to the marginal cost of production of tight oil in the US.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

World trade worries?
  • Options
  • Options
    Charles said:

kjh said:

Charles said:

TOPPING said:

Charles said:

TOPPING said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

Trusted traveller does

The vast bulk of trade is by a few small groups.
    The vast amount of a fall off a cliff won't hurt you.
This discussion has been closed.