Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Punters rate TMay’s chances of getting the Brexit deal agreed

12346»

Comments

• ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,733
    My word. Even by his low standards Grabcocque's posts overnight were extraordinary.

At least when SeanT posts late at night he can do so more or less coherently and amusingly, and retract some of his mistakes.
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

GIN1138 said:

Would staying in the EU be humiliating? 47% Yes. 24% No.

How about: Would leaving the EU but still being ruled over by the EU, being stopped from doing trade deals with other countries and having Northern Ireland be annexed be humiliating? :D

No, as it ends free movement and still leaves the EU which is all most of them cared about, only obsessives cared about trade deals and most have little interest in Northern Ireland other than avoiding a return to the troubles which No Deal could cause
    How do you know it ends free movement?

What's to stop the EU from saying unless we agree to free movement they'll invoke the backstop and annex Northern Ireland?

As long as we have that backstop without any time limit and any way of getting out of it we're done for! :D
    Repudiation or Abrogation get us out of it
  • ydoethur said:

My word. Even by his low standards Grabcocque's posts overnight were extraordinary.

At least when SeanT posts late at night he can do so more or less coherently and amusingly, and retract some of his mistakes.

Libelling Survation, posting the wrong poll numbers and traducing Mrs May in one evening was quite some going.....I wonder if he’ll need aspirin this morning?
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709

HYUFD said:

Which is pointless as the EU will not agree the Deal without the backstop, so as I said more likely PM Corbyn and his backstop of permanent Customs Union

What magical foresight do you have to know the EU will not agree the Deal without the backstop?

Please don't say "because ... said so" because of course they would prior to rejection. If they said at this stage we need this backstop unless you reject it in which case we'll proceed without then that would guarantee rejection. *rolleyes*

Also please don't quote your pathetically absurd mantra that we are only 14% of EU exports when 45% of Irish agricultural exports end in the UK and 80% of overall Irish product exports go into the UK (at least as a land bridge).
    That is only including Northern Ireland, it is the Ulster economy that needs a Deal more thsn the Republic
  • not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,340
    Betfair odds on the Brexit deal passing in 2018 have come in to 4.8 from 6 this morning
This discussion has been closed.