Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » On the third day of Christmas, our MPs sent to me – a general

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited December 2018 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » On the third day of Christmas, our MPs sent to me – a general election?

Poldark is not a documentary. As with many a period drama, it captures in the mirror as much of a picture of the era in which the adaptation was made as that in which it’s set. That’s not just true of the characters and their actions but of the world around them. To take one example, the ease and comfort with which they appear to nip up the 280 miles or so to London from Cornwall (or back) is more in keeping with taking the GWR than being cramped into a stagecoach for perhaps five days across dusty, rutted and/or muddy roads.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,102
    Oh I don't know about the last part. There is probably a higher risk of non Tory MPs not being able to make the HoC than Tory ones, most of whom still come from the south of England.

Am I not right in thinking that the DUP are more likely to refuse to support the government if, by some miracle, the MV passes? A tactical abstention by Labour may well make May even more vulnerable and it doesn't really move her any further forward because she still needs yet more legislation.
This discussion has been closed.