Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The magnificent resilience of TMay ploughing on relentlessly a

14567810»

Comments

• Options

kle4 said:

Dreadful stuff, I hope they can face punishment of some kind, but he still thinks Brexit created a situation rather than was an outlet for it, good and bad. Things don't get conjured out of the aether.
    Brexit has legitimised it.

I’ve have had my Englishness/Britishness questioned a lot since June 2016.

If you don’t look Anglo Saxon or have an Anglo Saxon name then it isn’t pleasant.

Gove regrets the nasty side of the Leave campaign now.
    There were idiots throwing rocks through the windows of Eastern European food markets in shire towns back in the early 2000s, long before Brexit was ever even thought of as a serious concept. There will always be idiots and they don't really need legitimising to be f**kwits
    But it has become a lot worse since 2016 that's the point I'm making.

No point arguing with you, I pointed out to you over the last few years that UKIP were legitimising bigotry and racism and you denied it, and look at them now, the political wing of Tommy Robinson and the EDL.
    Of course you are of the idiotic tendency that believes if only no one spoke about these things they would all go away and everything would be flowers and humming birds. You are a real snowflake aren't you.
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    CD13 said:

Mr Cole

"Hmm. This was in a IVth Form chemistry course and the issue was a bout protesting against a limestone quarry, as raised by Mr Tyndall."

There's little point protesting about a limestone quarry. Limestone dust is virtually neither respirable or crystalline. Nothing is harmless (even water are toxic in excess) but there's a world of difference between RCS and limestone dust. That's before we get into the specifics of the dilution effect.

PS I did get an A in Chemistry A level in the sixties.

Pure limestone would be okay, but chalk has a fair bit of silica in it which certainly can be harmful.
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    CD13 said:

Mr Cole

"Hmm. This was in a IVth Form chemistry course and the issue was a bout protesting against a limestone quarry, as raised by Mr Tyndall."

There's little point protesting about a limestone quarry. Limestone dust is virtually neither respirable or crystalline. Nothing is harmless (even water are toxic in excess) but there's a world of difference between RCS and limestone dust. That's before we get into the specifics of the dilution effect.

PS I did get an A in Chemistry A level in the sixties.

And for people whose chemistry is a bit rusty - chalk is a form of limestone. It isn't called limestone in everyday language but it is primarily calcium carbonate so it counts.
This discussion has been closed.