Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » CNN reveals document on Russian tower deal signed by Trump con

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,962

According to the Guardian blog:

"May says, if Corbyn does not want to see money spent on no-deal, he should vote for this deal."

How does he do that when she won't hold the vote?

There's some ambiguity regarding where Labour stand on May's deal?
  • Options
    grabcocquegrabcocque Posts: 4,234

Can't really argue with the PM:

May says, if Corbyn does not want to see money spent on no-deal, he should vote for this deal.

Or, better yet, remain.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124

I hope Lincolnshire County Council has enough grit, gumption, plasterboard and UPVC double glazing to build 100,000 pensioner chalets in twelve weeks cos we're sure as shit not letting them all live in Remainia when Spain deports the diaspora Costa community.

If you seriously believe that will happen it's time you had a break.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,662
    RobD said:

"May says, if Corbyn does not want to see money spent on no-deal, he should vote for this deal."

She can't accuse him of not voting for something she hasn't put to a vote.
  • Options
    RobD said:

I hope Lincolnshire County Council has enough grit, gumption, plasterboard and UPVC double glazing to build 100,000 pensioner chalets in twelve weeks cos we're sure as shit not letting them all live in Remainia when Spain deports the diaspora Costa community.

Any sign that Britons are going to be deported en masse from the continent?
    The EU has decided (probably because it's not within its competence, and the EU doesn't want to exceed its competences) that it doesn't have the authority to compel EU member states to admit immigrants from third countries.

Thus it's entirely up to each EU member state if and how they wish to deport all their British illegal immigrants.
  • Options

May says, if Corbyn does not want to see money spent on no-deal, he should vote for this deal.

Or, better yet, remain.
    Yes, that would also work. What won't work is what he's claiming is Labour policy.
  • Options

RobD said:

The EU has decided (probably because it's not within its competence, and the EU doesn't want to exceed its competences) that it doesn't have the authority to compel EU member states to admit immigrants from third countries.

Thus it's entirely up to each EU member state if and how they wish to deport all their British illegal immigrants.
    Fair enough. Any evidence to suggest they will?
  • Options

Or, better yet, remain.
    Yes, that would also work. What won't work is what he's claiming is Labour policy.
    TIL Labour have a brexit policy.
  • Options

RobD said:

Splitting hairs at this point. If Labour had said they were going to support the motion it would have passed already.
  • Options
    Did he tell her to calm down too? :smiley:
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Spain? I'm sure a deal could be done. Gibraltar in exchange for not deporting 100,000 Brexit-horny gammon pensioners.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Or that there are any illegal immigrants in Spain from the UK?
  • Options
    notme2notme2 Posts: 1,006

We have 3.7 million Eu citizens in the UK. Every year we have a net addition of 100,000 Eu citizens to the uk.
  • Options
    felix said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Or that there are any illegal immigrants in Spain from the UK?
    Not yet. But in the event of No Deal, they become illegal immigrants by default unless the EU member state agrees some mechanism for that not to happen.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Spain? I'm sure a deal could be done. Gibraltar in exchange for not deporting 100,000 Brexit-horny gammon pensioners.
    What an unpleasant and nasty piece of work you are.
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    Mr Meeks,

"This could be the boost to our ailing seaside towns' economies that they have so urgently been looking for.

And Skegness is so bracing."

If the government had prepared for the massive influx that cane to Lincolnshire after 2005, they might have won the referendum vote. But it was cheaper to call the locals 'racists', or deny it would happen.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,925
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Splitting hairs at this point. If Labour had said they were going to support the motion it would have passed already.
    You mean all the Labour MPs that have made speeches against the deal would suddenly support/abstain it simply because Corbyn has told them to :o ?!
  • Options
    felix said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

You seriously telling me you don't think that thought hasn't crossed the Spanish government's mind?
  • Options

felix said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

You seriously telling me you don't think that thought hasn't crossed the Spanish government's mind?
    Yes - because unlike you I know something about Spanish politics and the Spanish people.
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,995
    Like all right thinking people I hope this all explodes in May's big stupid grey face but I fear some permutation of her wretched deal will be fisted through the HoC when the dEUmsday (I invented that) clock is at 23:59.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    If he can lay a wreath for dead terrorists, no one is going to care about on-the-record sexism.
  • Options
    notme2 said:

We have 3.7 million Eu citizens in the UK. Every year we have a net addition of 100,000 Eu citizens to the uk.
    Actually we have 62.9m EU citizens in the UK. Sadly, about 59.2m are in danger of having that citizenship stripped from them.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,836

felix said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

It may have crossed their mind, but I doubt if it's a serious possibility. For one thing, they have plenty of their own citizens living here.
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    felix said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Don’t feed the troll.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

You mean all the Labour MPs that have made speeches against the deal would suddenly support/abstain it simply because Corbyn has told them to :o ?!
    Enough would
  • Options
    Donny43Donny43 Posts: 634
    Scott_P said:

He can't vote for it if she won't move the vote...
    If he were to announce today that Labour will vote for it, she'd bring it before the Christmas adjournment.
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092

Or, better yet, remain.
    Isn't Labour's policy to have a second referendum if their renegotiation fails? Works a lot better than May's 3 step plan of:

1. Pointlessly delay
    2. Lose a vote
    3. ???????
  • Options
    CD13 said:

Mr Meeks,

"This could be the boost to our ailing seaside towns' economies that they have so urgently been looking for.

And Skegness is so bracing."

If the government had prepared for the massive influx that cane to Lincolnshire after 2005, they might have won the referendum vote. But it was cheaper to call the locals 'racists', or deny it would happen.

All these ex-pat pensioners no doubt have extensive fruit-picking experience from their youth. I can see only plusses from a mass return from the Costa del Crime.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    If he can lay a wreath for dead terrorists, no one is going to care about on-the-record sexism.
    Why is calling somebody a "stupid woman" sexist?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Enough would
    With flagrant disloyalty eminating alternately from both the ERG and wets in the Tories depending on No 10s apparent position at the time, Corbyn's job is being made extremely easy.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Enough would
    With flagrant disloyalty eminating alternately from both the ERG and wets in the Tories depending on No 10s apparent position at the time, Corbyn's job is being made extremely easy.
    True enough
  • Options
    RoyalBlue said:

felix said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Don’t feed the troll.
    Don't fuck up Brexit then we wouldn't be having this conversation.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Isn't politics amazing.
  • Options
    Re the question to TM on early recall of Parliament are we expecting this to come from labour today
  • Options
    I expect you could put the referendum result squarely at Tony Blair's door, He wanted to rub the 'Rights' nose in it without realising many of his traditional voters were in that category.

Still, he might consider that swapping them for posh Londoners was a good deal.
  • Options
    pbr2013pbr2013 Posts: 649
    Sean_F said:

felix said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

It may have crossed their mind, but I doubt if it's a serious possibility. For one thing, they have plenty of their own citizens living here.</blockquote

And the economies of parts of the Costas would collapse without Brit pensioners
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    https://twitter.com/JasonCowleyNS/status/1075362887156359168

What are we expecting?

Come on - we've still got 20 mins to speculate!
  • Options
    OortOort Posts: 96

Scott_P said:
    Do you think he should have said "stupid person"?

But maybe the transcriber got it wrong and what he really said was "stupid womon"?

Calling a woman a stupid woman is no more sexist than calling a man a stupid man.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,942

Scott_P said:
    Honestly, I don't think thats the case.

Such discourtesy reaches a non political demographic in a way that wreath laying never will.
  • Options

What are we expecting?

Early recall of Parliament ??
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Lesson of the day. It’s only wrong when the other side do it.
  • Options
    What a pity Jeremy Corbyn didn't call her a filthy piece of rancid rectum.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    This seems to have been the general view on past occasions:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/philip-hammond-caught-up-sexism-12953514

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2013/07/10/stupid-woman-hague-under-fire-for-sexist-pmqs-jibe

• Options
    RoyalBlue said:

felix said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Don’t feed the troll.
    Racist trolling is now part of politicalbetting.
  • Options

You disgust me
  • Options

What are we expecting?

Can Labour recall Parliament?
  • Options

You disgust me
    I mainly do it for your benefit, you know.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Scott_P said:
    Honestly, I don't think thats the case.

Such discourtesy reaches a non political demographic in a way that wreath laying never will.
    Yeah, but are we sure it's a negative for that demographic? A perception of plain-speaking seems to be an asset for politicians at the moment.
  • Options

What are we expecting?

A Tory has defected?
  • Options
    notme2 said:

RoyalBlue said:

felix said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Don’t feed the troll.
    Friendly reminder: gammons are not a race, and being a puce-hued shouty racist isn't a protected characteristic.
  • Options

What are we expecting?

No idea to be honest
  • Options

What are we expecting?

No. Only the Speaker can recall the Commons, and he can only do it when requested by the Government.
  • Options

notme2 said:

Actually we have 62.9m EU citizens in the UK. Sadly, about 59.2m are in danger of having that citizenship stripped from them.
    Something I am very much looking forward to. I never asked for or wanted it in the first place.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,189
    edited December 2018

Scott_P said:

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2013/07/10/stupid-woman-hague-under-fire-for-sexist-pmqs-jibe

How Andrew Sparrow on the Guardian is reporting this:

As is often the way, media attention is now focusing not on what was said during the exchangs but on whether or not Jeremy Corbyn called Theresa May a “stupid woman” during PMQs in the chamber.

And the Guardian has never contributed to this sort of frenzy in the past.
  • Options

notme2 said:

RoyalBlue said:

felix said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Don’t feed the troll.
    Friendly reminder: gammons are not a race, and being a puce-hued shouty racist isn't a protected characteristic.
    It is however a silly insult on the part of some left wingers.
  • Options
    After the crap David Cameron had to deal with over 'Calm down dear'

I am loving this

https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1075371683618406402
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,274
    I'd put some money on Sarah W as next LibDem leader, if only I could.
  • Options

notme2 said:

RoyalBlue said:

felix said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Don’t feed the troll.
    Gammon is specific to white people. You apply s physiological characteristic that is not present in any other race, and use that characteristic to assign a set of political values you then humiliate and denigrate based on that.

That pretty much open and shut case of racism. It’s just a more acceptable form of racism because you assume white older people are fair game.
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,886

What are we expecting?

A Tory has defected?
    I wish, instead it's going to be a rehashing of the status quo of something.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

That's the best thing about "gammon" as an insult: how touchy gammons get about it.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

I am loving this

Does it matter? Labour have always treated Tories differently when it comes to such abuse. This is a very mild example compared to some of the stuff they do and say.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

notme2 said:

RoyalBlue said:

felix said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Don’t feed the troll.
    I'd have completely forgotten about the term "gammon" by now if it didn't get right-wingers so bizarrely outraged.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

That's the best thing about "gammon" as an insult: how touchy gammons get about it.
    It's playing the man not the ball. People who use it automatically dismiss an argument because it's made by a middle aged white Conservative.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Mr Meeks,

"All these ex-pat pensioners no doubt have extensive fruit-picking experience from their youth. I can see only plusses from a mass return from the Costa del Crime."

It's predominantly vegetable-picking experience needed. Don't confuse it with Dick-van-Dyke cockneys going apple-picking in sunny conditions. You should know better, we had some Norfolk people in the gang-vans. The extra finger gave them an advantage when it was done by hand.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Yeah, but those are Tories.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

It's playing the man not the ball. People who use it automatically dismiss an argument because it's made by a middle aged white Conservative.
    Oh yeah? What argument was grabcocque dismissing when he used it upthread?
  • Options
    Still, at least Corbyn has stopped people talking about the VONC debacle and Labour's Brexit position.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    It's not inherently sexist but it can be depending on the context e.g. "she's just a stupid woman", where the speaker seeks to build on a stereotype of women as incapable.

In this case, I don't think he was being sexist but it'd be an easy enough accusation to make, using the far left's hypersensitivity on identity questions as a bar.
  • Options

What are we expecting?

No idea to be honest
    No, but they can call for it to be recalled (or not prorogued).
  • Options
    Bercow is an utter disgrace
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Not a comfortable question for the Speaker either.
  • Options
    Bercow's authority being shredded by Tory MPs.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    More faux outrage ! I hope Corbyn stands by his comments.
  • Options
    Bercow is losing the conservatives
  • Options

Bercow is losing the conservatives

Do you think that concerns him?
  • Options

I am loving this

I think that's unfair. JC is a huge 'Allo 'Allo! fan, and in moments of quiet contemplation will often quote René to himself.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Thats the thing about racism, it really winds those people up you are insulting.
  • Options
    Andrea Leadsom absolutely destroys Bercow there.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    notme2 said:

That pretty much open and shut case of racism. It’s just a more acceptable form of racism because you assume white older people are fair game.

Here's a picture of me playing a tiny violin for those poor, hard-done-by old white racists.

Poor things. Must be hard for them.
  • Options
    Anna Soubry also piling on.

One thing that unites Tories is that they think Bercow is a bell end.
  • Options
    BigIanBigIan Posts: 198
    Best PMQs of the year.
  • Options

Andrea Leadsom absolutely destroys Bercow there.

Bercow will be lucky to see the day out
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

Sean_F said:

Gammon is like the N word - it says more about the person saying it than shocks as an insult.
  • Options

notme2 said:

Minus about 7 million British citizens entitled to Irish passports who haven't already got one. So Arlene Foster for example will be all right, as will Tony Blair.

But you're right. Most of us are being stripped of our EU citizenship because millions of xenophobic Sun readers have globbed on to the EU membership issue because that's the path of least resistance.
  • Options
    To be fair, if you looked up "stupid woman" in a dictionary, there's a good chance it would have a picture of Andrea Leadsom.
  • Options
    Oort said:

notme2 said:

Minus about 7 million British citizens entitled to Irish passports who haven't already got one. So Arlene Foster for example will be all right, as will Tony Blair.

But you're right. Most of us are being stripped of our EU citizenship because millions of xenophobic Sun readers have globbed on to the EU membership issue because that's the path of least resistance.
    7 million O_O !?
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    Bercow and Corbyn fouling up at PMQs just in time for news on TV and radio.
  • Options

I am loving this

Isn't Corbyn such a polite old-fashioned gentleman that he calls terrorist sympathisers and anti-semites "friends" out of simple courtesy?

We all knew that Cameron was an arrogant twit, and "calm down dear" only confirmed that, but Corbyn has now contradicted his established persona of affable reasonableness. Oh dear.
  • Options
    Bob__SykesBob__Sykes Posts: 1,176
    I've not seen all the detail yet of the EU's "temporary contingency arrangements" in the event of no-deal, but is it possible that the sensible measures the EU and UK will inevitably put in place to prevent mutual harm will actually look more attractive than Theresa's awful withdrawal deal?

At a first glance summary, I begin to wonder....
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,886
    What a bunch of utter tossers, pantomime lines and political games when we have some quite important real issues to attend to.

Oh and Bercow is an utter punt and can go away.

If they're going to play games can they at least remove Bercow asap.
This discussion has been closed.