Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » CNN reveals document on Russian tower deal signed by Trump con

Comments

• Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092

Andrea Leadsom absolutely destroys Bercow there.

Bercow will be lucky to see the day out
    What?!
  • Options

After the crap David Cameron had to deal with over 'Calm down dear'

I am loving this

https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1075371683618406402

Isn't Corbyn such a polite old-fashioned gentleman that he calls terrorist sympathisers and anti-semites "friends" out of simple courtesy?

We all knew that Cameron was an arrogant twit, and "calm down dear" only confirmed that, but Corbyn has now contradicted his established persona of affable reasonableness. Oh dear.
    Calm Down Dear was a well know line from a regular advert seen on TV at the time.
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,886
    It is really quite a remarkable feat to unite the Tories.
  • Options
    grabcocquegrabcocque Posts: 4,234
    edited December 2018
    TGOHF said:

Sean_F said:

Friendly reminder: gammons are not a race, and being a puce-hued shouty racist isn't a protected characteristic.

It is however a silly insult on the part of some left wingers.
    That's the best thing about "gammon" as an insult: how touchy gammons get about it.
    Gammon is like the N word - it says more about the person saying it than shocks as an insult.
    Hahahahahahaha.

You're right, gammon is just as bad as the n-word. In many ways, the gentle mockery leavers have had to endure is actually even worse than slavery.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    edited December 2018
    @Donny43 got there before me.

• Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,799
    Pulpstar said:

Oort said:

notme2 said:

I hope Lincolnshire County Council has enough grit, gumption, plasterboard and UPVC double glazing to build 100,000 pensioner chalets in twelve weeks cos we're sure as shit not letting them all live in Remainia when Spain deports the diaspora Costa community.

I hope Lincolnshire County Council has enough grit, gumption, plasterboard and UPVC double glazing to build 100,000 pensioner chalets in twelve weeks cos we're sure as shit not letting them all live in Remainia when Spain deports the diaspora Costa community.

We have 3.7 million Eu citizens in the UK. Every year we have a net addition of 100,000 Eu citizens to the uk.
    Actually we have 62.9m EU citizens in the UK. Sadly, about 59.2m are in danger of having that citizenship stripped from them.
    Minus about 7 million British citizens entitled to Irish passports who haven't already got one. So Arlene Foster for example will be all right, as will Tony Blair.

But you're right. Most of us are being stripped of our EU citizenship because millions of xenophobic Sun readers have globbed on to the EU membership issue because that's the path of least resistance.
    7 million O_O !?
    It could be that high. I'm entitled to an Irish passport, but I have no desire to obtain one.
  • Options
    What a disaster Bercow is
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,027
    The way the whole Tory party are going for Bercow is astonishing.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,943

I am loving this

Not a good look from Corbyn
  • Options
    Donny43Donny43 Posts: 634
    edited December 2018
    https://twitter.com/JGForsyth/status/1075374221361070080

Bercow doesn't have plausible deniability on this.
  • Options
    OortOort Posts: 96
    Pulpstar said:

Oort said:

notme2 said:

We have 3.7 million Eu citizens in the UK. Every year we have a net addition of 100,000 Eu citizens to the uk.
    Actually we have 62.9m EU citizens in the UK. Sadly, about 59.2m are in danger of having that citizenship stripped from them.
    Minus about 7 million British citizens entitled to Irish passports who haven't already got one. So Arlene Foster for example will be all right, as will Tony Blair.

But you're right. Most of us are being stripped of our EU citizenship because millions of xenophobic Sun readers have globbed on to the EU membership issue because that's the path of least resistance.
    7 million O_O !?
    Source:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/magazine-37246769

"That means about 6.7 million people in the UK who don't already have an Irish passport who could be entitled to one. We think that's a conservative estimate, but it's still quite a lot more than the current population of the Republic of Ireland, which is 4.8 million."
  • Options
    notme2notme2 Posts: 1,006
    edited December 2018

notme2 said:

That pretty much open and shut case of racism. It’s just a more acceptable form of racism because you assume white older people are fair game.

Here's a picture of me playing a tiny violin for those poor, hard-done-by old white racists.

Poor things. Must be hard for them.
    Ah see, we have it right here. To paraphrase, they are white and older, probably alright, even if they are getting a bit of racism, its alright, look at them, on their gold plated pensions in their houses they bought for next to nowt. Do 'em a bit of good to see what others suffer. With their fat gammon faces taking away our future etc etc

This is why the left is myopic about anti-semitism. Everything is seen through the marxist perception of victim and oppressor. " They seem to be rich, well connected and powerful. They dont look like victims to me."
  • Options
    Matt Hancock is awesome, he's just offered Bercow his phone.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Donny43 said:

Scott_P said:
    If he can lay a wreath for dead terrorists, no one is going to care about on-the-record sexism.
    Why is calling somebody a "stupid woman" sexist?
    This seems to have been the general view on past occasions:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/philip-hammond-caught-up-sexism-12953514

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2013/07/10/stupid-woman-hague-under-fire-for-sexist-pmqs-jibe

Yeah, but those are Tories.
    They are Remainers..

• Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,799

Is it?
  • Options
    Beckett just makes it worse
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    Bercow is probably right on this narrow point, tbh.

Struggling to have any sympathy for him though.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Is it?
    Vicky Ford, Anna Soubry, Andrea Leadsom to name but three.
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    I think the hard-left should use 'gammon' more. It shows their hypocrisy and they're too stupid to see it.
  • Options
    Bercow needs to suspend the house, so everyone can calm down.
  • Options

Not really - he's a better LotO than Corbyn.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    It seems like someone from team Javid was reading PB over the last few years. £30k minimum income for migration is the simplest and best way forwards.
  • Options

To be fair, if you looked up "stupid woman" in a dictionary, there's a good chance it would have a picture of Andrea Leadsom.

What rot. If a Tory said that about Diane Abbott, they’d be outrage.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,924
    HYUFD said:

I am loving this

Not a good look from Corbyn
    He's on the right track, of course! She's perhaps not stupid but unable to understand the consequences of her actions on other people.
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092

https://twitter.com/JasonCowleyNS/status/1075362887156359168

What are we expecting?

Come on - we've still got 20 mins to speculate!

So where is it?
  • Options

To be fair, if you looked up "stupid woman" in a dictionary, there's a good chance it would have a picture of Andrea Leadsom.

Indeed, she went to Cambridge University, which means she's the opposite of a stupid woman.
  • Options

What are we expecting?

So where is it?
    Holding back now that the Commons is in meltdown?
  • Options
    notme2 said:

This is why the left is myopic about anti-semitism. " They seem to be rich, well connected and powerful. They dont look like victims to me."

You do demonstrate an interesting trend of the far right. Devoid of any actual harm, you guys need to invent a grievances so you can feel victimised. It's ludicrous, prima facie, to think the old, white people that unleashed this Brexit disaster should not face mockery for their actions.

But you don't think racism is bad, so you attempt to don the mantle of victimisation by essentially redefining racism to mean "holding people accountable for their racism".

But, here's the rub, you don't get to redefine racism. The alt reich don't get to redefine racism. Gammons don't get to redefine racism. And gammons cannot escape a reckoning for what they have wrought by trying to pathetically claim victim status.

Suck it up, gammons.
  • Options

What are we expecting?

So where is it?
    I guess all the crap as hit the fan elsewhere.....
  • Options

Bercow needs to suspend the house, so everyone can calm down.

Can't see how that wouldn't make it worse.
  • Options

Indeed, she went to Cambridge University, which means she's the opposite of a stupid woman.
    Quite. I can only assume her weakness on detail is more about laziness, illness or age.
  • Options

What are we expecting?

So where is it?
    Events, dear boy.
  • Options
    CD13 said:

I think the hard-left should use 'gammon' more. It shows their hypocrisy and they're too stupid to see it.

It's as if theyve not learned any lessons from Brexit and Trump.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,129

Dunno about that. "Stupid Woman" is so benign compared to the sort of insult she is sadly accustomed to that she would probably feel quite chuffed about it.
  • Options
    Only thing I can see on Newstatesman blog is Len McCluskey going on about no to a 2nd referendum.

That 'aint Big nor is it New.

• Options
    Corbyn ends up a car crash week for him being dragged to the HOC to apologise for calling the PM a 'stupid woman'

You could not make it up
  • Options
    Love bbc iplayer... Parliament live its like a netflix marathon!
  • Options
    To be clear, using "stupid woman" as an insult like that is problematic, because it has disrespectful and misogynistic overtones. If Mr Corbyn said that, then he should immediately return to the house to apologise to Mrs May and withdraw the comment.

This is what Bercow should have said.

On a point of order: if Hansard does not record a thing as having been said, has it been said?
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Sean_F said:

Friendly reminder: gammons are not a race, and being a puce-hued shouty racist isn't a protected characteristic.

It is however a silly insult on the part of some left wingers.
    That's the best thing about "gammon" as an insult: how touchy gammons get about it.
    Gammon is like the N word - it says more about the person saying it than shocks as an insult.
    Hahahahahahaha.

You're right, gammon is just as bad as the n-word. In many ways, the gentle mockery leavers have had to endure is actually even worse than slavery.
    The prosecution rests m'lud...

• Options
    40% is fair bit higher than I would have it personally.

https://twitter.com/kevcunningham/status/1075377057352351744
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256

Suck it up, gammons.

Should that not be "Suck it up, gammons - you won"? Asking on behalf of a turkey....

:D:D
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    tlg86 said:

This is bad of me, but one of the things that really jumped out at me from that front cover is https://order-order.com/2018/02/15/standard-deliveroo-love-in/

What are they playing at? It's bizarre. Imagine The Times regularly giving praise-laden front-page coverage to Pizza Express.
    Thanks for that, it stands out like a sore thumb. Rotten to the core.
    You are complaining about flagrant abuse of the power of the press to promote the interests of the people who run it? I think you may not have been paying attention since the time of William Caxton.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,826

I am loving this

Isn't Corbyn such a polite old-fashioned gentleman that he calls terrorist sympathisers and anti-semites "friends" out of simple courtesy?

We all knew that Cameron was an arrogant twit, and "calm down dear" only confirmed that, but Corbyn has now contradicted his established persona of affable reasonableness. Oh dear.
    Calm Down Dear was a well know line from a regular advert seen on TV at the time.
    Allo Allo
  • Options

May went to Oxford University. Either you have parliamentary standards or you do not. Leadsom’s accusation of double standards is perfectly justified.
  • Options

Corbyn ends up a car crash week for him being dragged to the HOC to apologise for calling the PM a 'stupid woman'

You could not make it up

Maybe the Labour leadership should take the Christmas holiday to think whether the hour cometh for Magic Grandpa to think about retiring.

Let Starmer and Watson and mcDonnell take it from here.
  • Options

notme2 said:

This is why the left is myopic about anti-semitism. " They seem to be rich, well connected and powerful. They dont look like victims to me."

You do demonstrate an interesting trend of the far right. Devoid of any actual harm, you guys need to invent a grievances so you can feel victimised. It's ludicrous, prima facie, to think the old, white people that unleashed this Brexit disaster should not face mockery for their actions.

But you don't think racism is bad, so you attempt to don the mantle of victimisation by essentially redefining racism to mean "holding people accountable for their racism".

But, here's the rub, you don't get to redefine racism. The alt reich don't get to redefine racism. Gammons don't get to redefine racism. And gammons cannot escape a reckoning for what they have wrought by trying to pathetically claim victim status.

Suck it up, gammons.
    Far right. Lol. I was married to an african woman for fifteen years. I just recognise hypocrisy when i see it.
  • Options
    Donny43 said:

What are we expecting?

So where is it?
    Events, dear boy.
    Corbyn is probably still typing up his apology before its publication on the NS website....
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    SeanT said:

Wow. He looks deeply pained. A knee in the cullions.
    He is relieved that there is uproar and noise to give him 'thinking time'. Normally he would be demanding order! order!

Not sure that is a facial expression I have seen him pull before. Looks as if he is having a beer barrel inserted in an orifice.
  • Options
    This reminds me of my favourite "Bercowsplaining" image.

• Options
    CD13 said:

Quite of the Day, 19xii18
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,903
    Andrew said:

40% is fair bit higher than I would have it personally.

https://twitter.com/kevcunningham/status/1075377057352351744

What is the basis for the probabilties ?
  • Options

I am loving this

Allo Allo
    That's "you stupid woman".
  • Options
    Is the Staggers big announcement this from McCluskey?

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/12/len-mccluskey-second-brexit-referendum-risks-tearing-our-society-apart

Are any of the Unite sponsored Labour MPs in favour of a 2nd vote?
  • Options
    I don't understand why Bercow made such a mess of this?

1. I did not hear Mr Corbyn make the remark.
    2. If he did make the remark, he should come to the house to apologise and withdraw the remark.
    3. I wait to hear from Mr Corbyn if he denies having made the remark. If he does, I will refer the matter to the commons standards committee.
  • Options
    Looks like Corbyn is going to try and lie his way out of it..
  • Options

You could not make it up

Maybe the Labour leadership should take the Christmas holiday to think whether the hour cometh for Magic Grandpa to think about retiring.

Let Starmer and Watson and mcDonnell take it from here.
    Surely Messiahs do not retire? They get "taken up" and their followers then fight over their shoes and gourds.

I have seen that long documentary. I know how it works. Romani ite domum
  • Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,929

IanB2 said:

Foxy said:

IanB2 said:

So as a deal hater yourself, you are reconsidering?

I have always said it was a shit deal.
    Kerguelen is aFrench dependancy, not sure he would get a visa. Could I suggest South Georgia?
    South Georgia is magnificient and should be on everyone's bucket list
    Is there anything there apart from birds and seals?
    That sounds like an incredible trip.
    It was our retirement present to each other in 2009 and was a voyage into a world of unbelievable beauty and experiences. We landed on Antartica under strict environment and safety procedures and got up close with the king penguins and seals. One of the bays we arrived at had 22 glaciers, flat calm sea with icebergs and whales gently carving through the crystal clear water. We also had several days of hurricane seas.

It was a privilege to experience this most beautiful and spectacular part of our planet
    Lucky you. I glimpsed land in Antarctica at first light, then a 48 hour storm meant anyone not up at penguin's fart never saw it. The ship's captain, a Dutch chap in his 70's, said those 48 hours were the worst conditions of his entire career..... Icebergs with a Force 11 behind them can't half shift! We eventually made it out, to head on to South Georgia and beyond.
    We experienced similar sea conditions at times and are fortunate that we are excellent sailors and considered it part of the voyage
    When I crossed the Drake Passage on the Lyubov Orlova (subsequently broke her tow on the way to the breakers and subject of lurid headlines about cannibal rats) the captain came on the tannoy and said; 'There are two types of objects in your cabin. Those on the floor, and those which will shortly be on the floor. I suggest you intervene in the process'. It was pretty rocky and we were confined to our cabins for a day with ham sandwiches handed out - but great fun!
    There were only 6 of us in the dining room for breakfast with most confined to their cabins with anti sea sickness medication. The voyage from Antartica to South Georgia following Ernest Shackleton's sea route was mostly in a hurricane sea
    I was once caught in a storm off the Falklands which locals said was the worst on record. I have photos looking out of a porthole with the sea at 45%. We all survived.
  • Options

To be clear, using "stupid woman" as an insult like that is problematic, because it has disrespectful and misogynistic overtones. If Mr Corbyn said that, then he should immediately return to the house to apologise to Mrs May and withdraw the comment.

This is what Bercow should have said.

On a point of order: if Hansard does not record a thing as having been said, has it been said?

My understanding is no. If it is not recorded it was not said. Of course that only worked before the days of recording Parliament electronically.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Corbyn denies. Bercow should just wipe his hands of this shitshow by referring it to the commons standards committee.
  • Options
    TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840
    edited December 2018
    People who think gammon is racist have a bit of a victim complex, people who compare it to seriously racist words probably just have some very confused views on the subject of racism.

I'm not exactly great at lip reading myself but is that clear enough for it to be proof that he said stupid woman, watched it a few times and couldn't confirm it to any level but not something I'm good at doing.

Wouldn't be impressed if he did, not his usual standard.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,187
    Scott_P said:
    https://twitter.com/GuardianHeather/status/1075380545964728320

Yeah, I bet they weren't saying that with the Chelsea fan/Raheem Sterling incident.
  • Options

People who think gammon is racist have a bit of a victim complex, people who compare it to seriously racist words probably just have some very confused views on the subject themself.

One of our frothier gammon-apolgists just compared it to the n-word. That's quite the victim complex.
  • Options

People who think gammon is racist have a bit of a victim complex, people who compare it to seriously racist words probably just have some very confused views on the subject of racism.

I'm not exactly great at lip reading myself but is that clear enough for it to be proof that he said stupid woman, watched it a few times and couldn't confirm it to any level but not something I'm good at doing.

Gammon isn't a big deal - but using it does confirm the user is a virtue signalling FBPE wanker.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,109
    Scott_P said:
    It's a lovely day when the Christmas holidays begin.

Can I shock everyone? As I'm partially deaf, I've become quite a good lip-reader. I've looked at the video and I think Corbyn's telling the truth. The second word looks like 'people' to me - there's an L in it.

Whether that helps him or not I don't know. A sexist smear at his enemies might be better than calling all his supporters 'stupid.'
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    SeanT said:

Those who use it now on Twitter and elsewhere just look passe and vindictive, and a little dim; those who over-react to it are fools.

Ssssssh, you're not supposed to point it out. PB is the only place I frequent where the word routinely provokes a hilarious overreactions from people. Soon it will have no power anywhere at all.

Somewhat surprised we haven't seen a reclamation movement from the right yet.

#gammonpride

OH SNAP I JUST INVENTED A NEW MOVEMENT.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Scott_P said:
    I was struggling to fit woman into the second word he mouthed... people looks to fit a bit better watching the video again.

Although calling people stupid is below his usual standard as well.

Edit: Conservatives taken attention away from their own flaws and painted Corbyn as the problem though. Job done..
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,936

SeanT said:

Those who use it now on Twitter and elsewhere just look passe and vindictive, and a little dim; those who over-react to it are fools.

Ssssssh, you're not supposed to point it out. PB is the only place I frequent where the word routinely provokes a hilarious overreactions from people. Soon it will have no power anywhere at all.

#gammonpride

How do you have time to frequent other places?!
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Gammon isn't a big deal - but using it does confirm the user is a virtue signalling FBPE wanker.
    I voted to leave, you messy bitch.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

A survey of "100 experts".

http://ukandeu.ac.uk/brexit-policy-panel-november-2018/

"Our experts think there is a 52% chance that the government’s deal will _eventually_ be passed by Parliament ...." (my emphasis, as they only have it at 19% to pass by 19/Jan).
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

SeanT said:

#gammonpride

How do you have time to frequent other places?!
    Well, this place and Twitter. I presume that other websites are available, but not while Brexit is happening.
  • Options
  • Options
    Andrew said:

Pulpstar said:

"Our experts think there is a 52% chance that the government’s deal will _eventually_ be passed by Parliament ...." (my emphasis, as they only have it at 19% to pass by 19/Jan).
    52%

T H E
    C U R S E D
    N U M B E R S
  • Options

I have to say, in a sense, that's almost to miss the point. Is it really smart of him to make muttered asides about anyone being stupid while he's on camera?

OK, so I have occasionally said such things, especially to the incompetent loons who run the Stupid Loan Company, but I try not to do it where people will notice.

It was very careless. It also suggests if he's making errors like this that he's feeling the pressure.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    ydoethur said:

Scott_P said:

Can I shock everyone? As I'm partially deaf, I've become quite a good lip-reader. I've looked at the video and I think Corbyn's telling the truth. The second word looks like 'people' to me - there's an L in it.

Whether that helps him or not I don't know. A sexist smear at his enemies might be better than calling all his supporters 'stupid.'
    I take a principled position of holding the opposite view to you on Corbyn's actions so I withdraw my post saying it looked like he did say people and now insist he clearly said woman!

;)

Edit: More seriously I did struggle to copy the mouth movement for woman onto what Corbyn did.
  • Options
    Andrew said:

Pulpstar said:

Do the panel think there's a 52% chance? Or do 52% of the panel think it will happen? The two aren't the same...
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    What's worse than Corbyn is the duplicitous manner Bercow handles these things. Anna Soubry was right. If it had been a Tory who had said it, Bercow would have reacted immediately. What an odious man he is. He needs to GO.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Can I shock everyone? As I'm partially deaf, I've become quite a good lip-reader. I've looked at the video and I think Corbyn's telling the truth. The second word looks like 'people' to me - there's an L in it.'

I am no Corbyn supporter, but it looks more like "people" than "woman" to me. The "Wo" of "woman" requires more of a pucker of the lips. The "pe" of "People" draws the side of the mouth out.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1075382608480092162

Oh my goodness, didn't see that tackle, did hear what he said to about the referee... dog ate class homework.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Scott_P said:

I take a principled position of holding the opposite view to you on Corbyn's actions so I withdraw my post saying it looked like he did say people and now insist he clearly said woman!

;)
    I love the way Labour's tribalism always works against them :lol:
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,903

ydoethur said:

Can I shock everyone? As I'm partially deaf, I've become quite a good lip-reader. I've looked at the video and I think Corbyn's telling the truth. The second word looks like 'people' to me - there's an L in it.'

I am no Corbyn supporter, but it looks more like "people" than "woman" to me. The "Wo" of "woman" requires more of a pucker of the lips. The "pe" of "People" draws the side of the mouth out.
    Yes that's my reading of the situation too.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095

What's worse than Corbyn is the duplicitous manner Bercow handles these things. Anna Soubry was right. If it had been a Tory who had said it, Bercow would have reacted immediately. What an odious man he is. He needs to GO.

Bercow departing as Speaker before year end would spoil Christmas in a number of households......
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    ydoethur said:

I have to say, in a sense, that's almost to miss the point. Is it really smart of him to make muttered asides about anyone being stupid while he's on camera?

OK, so I have occasionally said such things, especially to the incompetent loons who run the Stupid Loan Company, but I try not to do it where people will notice.

It was very careless. It also suggests if he's making errors like this that he's feeling the pressure.

Careless errors have been the watchwords for the entire sorry Corbyn era. He's just not very good at front bench politics. Partly it's because he's old and partly because he was thrust into the limelight despite never having developed an affinity for the dark arts of front bench politics by climbing the greasy pole the way most front benchers do. Remember that in his three decades as an MP he's never so much as been a PPS.

Labour are artificially handicapping themselves *a lot* by having him as leader.
  • Options
    Bob__SykesBob__Sykes Posts: 1,176
    I've seen the clip of Bercow squirming in response to Leadsom, but what did he actually say when he got some words out?
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    edited December 2018
    Mr Cocque,

In football, to call someone a 'black c*nt' is a racial slur. To call someone a 'c*nt' is common banter. The colour of the skin is the issue. 'Gammon' doesn't refer to its nutrient flavour but to the colour of the skin. Ah, you may say, but the reason behind it is the real issue; calling someone a 'Gammon' is merely mocking their skin colour, so that's alright.

I fully agree, go right ahead and use it at every opportunity you can.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    Scott_P said:
    And he will also find that he didn't call Leadsom a "stupid woman"......
  • Options
    OortOort Posts: 96

ydoethur said:

And the second consonant of the second word looks the same as the first. "People".
  • Options
    SeanT said:

You're using it to provoke, it makes you look a juvenile tit. But I imagine that's a badge of pride. I've done the same myself.

Incidentally, it HAS been proudly reclaimed on Twitter; you just haven't noticed. There's lots of Kippers and Leavers who've put gammon in the Twitternames, or use pictures of it in their avatars.

Really? Well bum. I'm going to have to stop using it now. No point unless it's going to piss people off.
This discussion has been closed.