Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Coming up at 2100 GMT on Channel 4 – Brexit the movie

Comments

• Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,998
    'Brexit - The Uncivil War' was very good I thought. Above all it captured how Dominic Cummings was able to target undecided and usual non voters by hammering home his 'take back control' and 'cost of the EU' message while letting Banks and Farage drive the immigration card for those voters most concerned about that (beyond the Turkey posters) thus creating the Coalition that got Leave to 52%
  • Options

dr_spyn said:
    I think the voting age should be lowered to 60. Above that, it is obvious that brexitism becomes a serious issue and all sound judgement is lost
    I am 75 and voted remain and my wife is nearly 80 and voted remain.

You are not going to disinfranchise us are you
    It will not be a problem. If you recall some months back, it was decided here on PB that you should not be driving. I recall your vigorous rearguard action defending car usage in rural Wales, but with Leavers confiscating your transport, my disenfranchisement of you will not be an issue since you cannot get to the polling station. Postal ballots are out since your local Maomentum Chapter will be faking your vote to keep JC in power.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46788256

French author Yann Moix says women over 50 'too old' to love

A French writer is being criticised after saying he would be "incapable" of loving a woman aged 50 or above... despite being 50 himself.

Yann Moix told Marie Claire magazine he found women of that age "too old".

"I prefer younger women's bodies, that's all. End of. The body of a 25-year-old woman is extraordinary. The body of a woman of 50 is not extraordinary at all," he said.

The comments have sparked an angry backlash on social media.

• Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    AndyJS said:

Just decided to take a look at the spreadsheet which correctly predicted how 289 out of 326 districts in England would vote at the EU referendum.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hCtN3IY76azcr_6OiFPvZI0eXi_8JJqxT7d8vNhW2Do/edit#gid=0

Was there anything systematic behind the one it didn't predict?
  • Options

timmo said:

So what happens to the euro elections?
    If it's an extension, nothing.
    On the contrary, if we're still members on 23rd May we have to elect our 73 MEPs. In fact it has been suggested that our MEPs would remain in office even after the extension to Article 50 expired and the UK had left.

A fine old mess, in other words!
  • Options

Channel 4 revert to type in the last 30 seconds of the show

'It wasn't fair!'

Well it was obviously written by Remainers but Cumberbatch managed to give an excellent portrayal of Cummings despite being a Remainer himself
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395

Just saw the end . Was it all that bad?

I'm watching on Channel 4 +1 so I'm only half-way through.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,667

dr_spyn said:
    I think the voting age should be lowered to 60. Above that, it is obvious that brexitism becomes a serious issue and all sound judgement is lost

It will not be a problem. If you recall some months back, it was decided here on PB that you should not be driving. I recall your vigorous rearguard action defending car usage in rural Wales, but with Leavers confiscating your transport, my disenfranchisement of you will not be an issue since you cannot get to the polling station. Postal ballots are out since your local Maomentum Chapter will be faking your vote to keep JC in power.
    I dont recall the driving bit and we can walk to our polling station if necessary
    That's you past 20,000 posts Big_G !
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Alistair said:

AndyJS said:

Just decided to take a look at the spreadsheet which correctly predicted how 289 out of 326 districts in England would vote at the EU referendum.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hCtN3IY76azcr_6OiFPvZI0eXi_8JJqxT7d8vNhW2Do/edit#gid=0

Was there anything systematic behind the one it didn't predict?
    It was mainly due to places like Slough, Luton, Birmingham, Barking&Dagenham where I expected working-class EM voters to be more in favour of Remain whereas evidently a high proportion of them voted Leave.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,612

dr_spyn said:

A French writer is being criticised after saying he would be "incapable" of loving a woman aged 50 or above... despite being 50 himself.

"I prefer younger women's bodies, that's all. End of. The body of a 25-year-old woman is extraordinary. The body of a woman of 50 is not extraordinary at all," he said.

You'd never find a British author over 50 hitching up with a woman in her early 20s...

Night all!
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,205

dr_spyn said:

He's obviously slept with the wrong sort of 50 year old woman.

Anyway, what makes him think that a 25 year old would find the body of a 50 year old man attractive?
  • Options

If you want to know how Leave won you need to watch this programme
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

Is Yann Moix another of SeanT's pseudonyms?
  • Options
    timmotimmo Posts: 1,469

timmo said:

Not what they are saying on R5 at mom...they are saying that it would be a major problem as our Maps have already been pretty much written out..
  • Options
    Excellent production and some great acting.

You don't have to buy into every single word to accept the central thesis that Leave won because of a superior campaign.
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    Cyclefree said:

Anyway, what makes him think that a 25 year old would find the body of a 50 year old man attractive?

What makes him think he is attractive enough to make any woman want to sleep with him?

That is probably the root cause of his angst :D
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

I dont recall the driving bit and we can walk to our polling station if necessary
    Stop messing with my plans for taking over the UK...
    Sorry !!!!!

And just past 20,000 posts . Amazing
    You clearly have too much time on your hands. Anyone would think you are retired ....
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,760
    tyson said:

viewcode said:

tyson said:

AndyJS said:

I'm finding the style of this programme difficult to watch.

It's very Lindsey Andersen, he of "If" and "Oh Lucky Man"....

Oh Christ: that bad?
    Wasn't Lindsey Anderson an ideological right-winger?

I was criticising his style. There were a lot of state-of-the-nation British films in the 60s and 70s, whether kitchen-sink or experimental. His ones were lauded by the critics, but I found them self important and bathetic.

• Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,629
    HYUFD said:

'Brexit - The Uncivil War' was very good I thought. Above all it captured how Dominic Cummings was able to target undecided and usual non voters by hammering home his 'take back control' and 'cost of the EU' message while letting Banks and Farage drive the immigration card for those voters most concerned about that (beyond the Turkey posters) thus creating the Coalition that got Leave to 52%

It was well written, and got the gist of the campaign.

Unleash King Mob...
  • Options

timmo said:

On the contrary, if we're still members on 23rd May we have to elect our 73 MEPs. In fact it has been suggested that our MEPs would remain in office even after the extension to Article 50 expired and the UK had left.

Yes, I think you are right on reflection.

TMay is going to have to buy Labour abstention somehow and get her deal through.

Expect a May GE.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Damn. Any chance of a precis?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

You could at least have put up a spoiler alert!
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

dr_spyn said:

It tends to be the wallet of 50 year old men 25 year old women find attractive rather than their body, not that I can think of any PBers who might possibly be able to comment
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,711
    Alistair said:

FF43 said:

Will it cover the whole 30 seconds Jeremy Corbyn spent campaigning for Remain? And the 29 seconds Theresa May did?

Actually Theresa May made one speech for Remain that was informed and intelligent. She presumably disowns it now.
    Was that the one where she said she'd like to be able to ignore the European Court of Justice?
    I had forgotten about that.(Although I think you mean the European Court of Human Rights) A partially informed and intelligent speech, unlike any since Brexit.
  • Options

You don't have to buy into every single word to accept the central thesis that Leave won because of a superior campaign.

Spoiler alert!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Unleash King Mob...
    I think the kitchen conference call between Cameron, Mandelson and Craig Oliver got in one the reasons Remain lost, Cummings connected with people the establishment had ignored for too long as shown when he went to Canvey to a street Carswell barely knew existed to sign up an unemployed couple for Brexit who had not been contacted by a political party for years
  • Options
    viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

No spoilers beyond the below, you need to watch the whole thing
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

Titanic did not win multiple Oscars as people did not know how it ended, it is how you tell the story that matters
  • Options

timmo said:

TMay is going to have to buy Labour abstention somehow and get her deal through.

Expect a May GE.
    If Labour facilitates Brexit in any way shape or form, it is finished as an electoral force.
  • Options

Expect a May GE.

May may go in May?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,745
    edited January 2019
    Things moving in the wrong direction still for the deal, it's remarkable some still think it will pass. The Brexiteers have really helped make the case for their counterparts in remain.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

Titanic did not win multiple Oscars as people did not know how it ended, it is how you tell the story that matters
    Films must have been really shit that year if that won multiple oscars.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Interestingly Boris seemed to be one of the few politicians Cummings had much time for, if No Deal maybe cometh the hour cometh the man, with Cummings in No 10 as an adviser
  • Options
    tyson said:

AndyJS said:

I'm finding the style of this programme difficult to watch.

It's very Lindsey Andersen, he of "If" and "Oh Lucky Man"....

I like both those films, and even his less well known Britannia Hospital.

But very predictive of our dystophic post Brexit future:

https://youtu.be/GJ1LG08ssaM
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

dr_spyn said:

What makes you think he thinks they would?
  • Options

timmo said:

Expect a May GE.
    If Labour facilitates Brexit in any way shape or form, it is finished as an electoral force.
    I am not so certain. You would think having a terrorist sympathiser and antisemite enabler as leader would do that, but had the opposite effect. We live in strange times.
  • Options

Expect a May GE.

May may go in May?
    Maybe.
  • Options

Expect a May GE.

May may go in May?
    She May do...

But A50 needs extension or withdrawal first. She cannot be relied upon to keep her word, or be able to deliver her party to back one.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

Wait for the sequel.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

It was a truly dreadful film but so much money was sunk into it that it had to be hyped unto success.
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

That's you past 20,000 posts Big_G !
    Amazing
  • Options

timmo said:

Expect a May GE.
    She can't buy it. I'd bet she would offer to just pass what they want and they'd say no, those mps do not want to take a stance on brexit.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

I enjoyed it, it was a real cinema experience when first seen on the big screen, however on the TV after multiple viewings it loses some of its impact
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Unleash King Mob...
    I think the kitchen conference call between Cameron, Mandelson and Craig Oliver got in one the reasons Remain lost, Cummings connected with people the establishment had ignored for too long as shown when he went to Canvey to a street Carswell barely knew existed to sign up an unemployed couple for Brexit who had not been contacted by a political party for years
    Yes, but in what way will their lives be better after Brexit? That much was obvious even in the scene.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

I enjoyed it, it was a real cinema experience when first seen on the big screen, however on the TV after multiple viewings it loses some of its impact
    It is a great film, which is why we remember it, unlike The Last Jedi
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

It's not like the movie that ends up being seen as better always wins Oscars, nor is every Oscar winner good.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

You must like bad direction, bad acting, and bad scriptwriting, Hyufd. The music was good though. And there was one very good scene when the lifeboats looked back on a tranquil sea as the boat began to sink. That was effectively done, and historically accurate.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

A poor example perhaps- good and bad the various star wars films will have greater impact and memory than most.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

I remember it vividly as a waste of three hours.
  • Options
    Just looked up 1997 movies. The competition wasn’t exactly stellar, good will hunting probably being the other film that is still remembered.

For me lost highway was the best from that year.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

I'm going to have to chew my own food on this :( . Ok I assume there's some sort of Channel 4 catch-up thingy. I'll make notes.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Cyclefree said:

dr_spyn said:

Well... he is a man. They all seem to think they are Apollo or have the body of Hercules.... ;)
  • Options

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

I remember it vividly as a waste of three hours.
    My only recollection is of the cinema audience cheering at the end when DiCaprio sank into the icy depths.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

I enjoyed Last Jedi too, certainly more than most recent films in the Star Wars franchise.

Titanic and Saving Private Ryan and Jurassic Park were great 1990s films but had to be seen in the cinema to have full effect
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

For some time the Oscar winners have been decided by overt marketing campaigns and covert threats and pressure from unscrupulous people. The awards are littered with egregious choices that don't otherwise make sense.
  • Options

kle4 said:

Cyclefree said:

dr_spyn said:

Well... he is a man. They all seem to think they are Apollo or have the body of Hercules.... ;)
    A lot of older men confuse their wealth with good looks. Twas ever thus, I think.
  • Options
    NemtynakhtNemtynakht Posts: 2,311

timmo said:

Expect a May GE.
    This is the big unforeseen risk on the left. How many of the pro remain labour voters from 2017 will stay at home when they realise kind Grandpa Corbyn isn’t just very unkind about Jews but he doesn’t secretly want us to stay in the EU. If Corbynism goes out of fashion then Labour are screwed now that they have taken over the party mechanisms
  • Options
    Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Unleash King Mob...
    Yes, but in what way will their lives be better after Brexit? That much was obvious even in the scene.
    As was made clear they voted Leave as their lives were pretty shit anyway, uncontrolled globalisation and multinational corporations and an out of touch elite meant they felt they had nothing to lose by voting Leave and so they did
  • Options
    stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,779
    Re Titanic.

My great-grandfather warned everyone that the Titanic would sink. He screamed that the ship would sink, but nobody would listen.

He was a brave man. He did not give up. He warned them again and again... until he was kicked out of the cinema
  • Options
    viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

For some time the Oscar winners have been decided by overt marketing campaigns and covert threats and pressure from unscrupulous people. The awards are littered with egregious choices that don't otherwise make sense.
    I blame brexit ;-)
  • Options

kle4 said:

Cyclefree said:

dr_spyn said:

*modestly* Well, I do try to keep in shape. :)
  • Options
    viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

I'm going to have to chew my own food on this :( . Ok I assume there's some sort of Channel 4 catch-up thingy. I'll make notes.
    Cumberbatch was brilliant, watch it for his acting alone if you want to ignore the politics
  • Options
    viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

I saw The Favourite last week. Pretty good, but not convinced an Oscar winner. I need to catch up on some of the other contenders.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    HYUFD said:

Interestingly Boris seemed to be one of the few politicians Cummings had much time for, if No Deal maybe cometh the hour cometh the man, with Cummings in No 10 as an adviser

How could he be so blind or deaf to the shorcomings of such a vile human being - as evidenced by his connections to the criminal fraternity exemplified by Darius Guppy?
  • Options

timmo said:

Expect a May GE.
    This is the big unforeseen risk on the left. How many of the pro remain labour voters from 2017 will stay at home when they realise kind Grandpa Corbyn isn’t just very unkind about Jews but he doesn’t secretly want us to stay in the EU. If Corbynism goes out of fashion then Labour are screwed now that they have taken over the party mechanisms
    It's not just Labour voters, but the Labour membership that is strongly pro-remain.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Unleash King Mob...
    As was made clear they voted Leave as their lives were pretty shit anyway, uncontrolled globalisation and multinational corporations and an out of touch elite meant they felt they had nothing to lose by voting Leave and so they did
    Still no answer to how their lives will be better.

• Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

You must like bad direction, bad acting, and bad scriptwriting, Hyufd. The music was good though. And there was one very good scene when the lifeboats looked back on a tranquil sea as the boat began to sink. That was effectively done, and historically accurate.
    I like good films, there are barely any blockbusters recently that can match up to Titanic, we just have endless repeats of franchises and superhero movies, so we have to look to movies like 3 Billboards outside Ebbing to bring some new interesting narrative. I did though like Mary Poppins Returns
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

I like good films, there are barely any blockbusters recently that can match up to Titanic, we just have endless repeats of franchises and superhero movies, so we have to look to movies like 3 Billboards outside Ebbing to bring some new interesting narrative. I did though like Mary Poppins Returns
    Dunkirk?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Unleash King Mob...

They won't, but you can't keep voting for a system that persistently craps on you.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Unleash King Mob...

Well they wanted to reduce immigration and be able to at least elect MPs to are able to make more of our own laws, the votes for Brexit and for Corbyn were both votes against the Corporate and multi national elite
  • Options

timmo said:

Expect a May GE.
    It's not just Labour voters, but the Labour membership that is strongly pro-remain.
    Which is Why he will change position. He probably would prefer we leave but he cannot help it happen other than through inaction. Not and keep the members happy. He's been in post long enough to have learned.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

timmo said:

Expect a May GE.
    Which is Why he will change position. He probably would prefer we leave but he cannot help it happen other than through inaction. Not and keep the members happy. He's been in post long enough to have learned.
    He will do the same as he did with trident.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

How could he be so blind or deaf to the shorcomings of such a vile human being - as evidenced by his connections to the criminal fraternity exemplified by Darius Guppy?
    Boris connects with people as he showed in the London Mayoral election and the EU referendum, he is not running for Pope, you did not even have a good word to say about Paddy Ashdown
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    stjohn said:

Re Titanic.

My great-grandfather warned everyone that the Titanic would sink. He screamed that the ship would sink, but nobody would listen.

He was a brave man. He did not give up. He warned them again and again... until he was kicked out of the cinema

LOL!
  • Options
    kle4 said:

*modestly* Well, I do try to keep in shape. :)
    I prefer to let myself go which is why I now have lost all my teeth and weigh 73st.

Not.

:D
  • Options
    kle4 said:

timmo said:

Expect a May GE.
    There a good line in the Channel4 film when Mandeleson points out he voted against the EU in 1975 and hasn't changed his mind about anything since.

• Options

kle4 said:

timmo said:

Expect a May GE.
    There a good line in the Channel4 film when Mandeleson points out he voted against the EU in 1975 and hasn't changed his mind about anything since.

He doesn't need to change his mind, just his position.

Not even that really, just say he cannot do x so must y, where Y is what the members want any way.

• Options
    kle4 said:

timmo said:

Expect a May GE.
    Corbyn doesn’t seem to be the kind to change his mind
  • Options
    stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,779
    Roger said:

stjohn said:

Re Titanic.

LOL!
    Thanks Roger.

:-)
  • Options

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Unleash King Mob...

They won't, but you can't keep voting for a system that persistently craps on you.
    I understand that, but I also understand that these angry folk with shit prospects are not going to be happy with what they get. Tories shouldnt count on their votes continuing.
  • Options

kle4 said:

timmo said:

Expect a May GE.
    Corbyn doesn’t seem to be the kind to change his mind
    He won't. May probably hasn't changed her mind about remain being better than leaving, it doesn't prevent her also thinking she has to see us leave now.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

I enjoyed Last Jedi too, certainly more than most recent films in the Star Wars franchise.
    Shite screenplay!
  • Options
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

timmo said:

Expect a May GE.

He doesn't need to change his mind, just his position.

Not even that really, just say he cannot do x so must y, where Y is what the members want any way.

Yes, that's probably the best he can do, which is why he won't become a great Leader, or even PM.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Unleash King Mob...

I understand that, but I also understand that these angry folk with shit prospects are not going to be happy with what they get. Tories shouldnt count on their votes continuing.
    Those people in Clacton don't vote. They gave up voting long ago. They ought logically to be Labour voters, but they gave up believing in Labour long ago when Labour stopped believing in them.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

Boris connects with people as he showed in the London Mayoral election and the EU referendum, he is not running for Pope, you did not even have a good word to say about Paddy Ashdown
    I made no critical comments re- Paddy Ashdown beyond saying I had not been a fan. Boris Johnson's connections to Darius Guppy ,however, can be reasonably questioned in the same way that Boothby was a friend of the Kray twins.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Unleash King Mob...

Plenty of unemployed and working class Leavers voted Leave in 2016, then for Corbyn in 2017, it was an anti establishment double whammy. Few are Tories
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,119
    Foxy said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

I saw The Favourite last week. Pretty good, but not convinced an Oscar winner. I need to catch up on some of the other contenders.
    Maybe not. Thin year.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

Dunkirk?
    Yes that was alright, though I went with a friend who fell asleep. Darkest Hour was also good if a bit of a Churchill hagiography
  • Options
    justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

I made no critical comments re- Paddy Ashdown beyond saying I had not been a fan. Boris Johnson's connections to Darius Guppy ,however, can be reasonably questioned in the same way that Boothby was a friend of the Kray twins.
    I’d always imagined you were a big Boris fan ;-)
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

Cumberbatch was brilliant, watch it for his acting alone if you want to ignore the politics
    I caught the last 15 mins on Channel 4 plus 1. Not bad, although they do seem to have forgotten that it pissed down in London on referendum day. Was Cummings's testimony to the Commons word-for-word or edited-for-dramatic-effect?
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

That spreadsheet was the most impressive part of the entire referendum night.
  • Options
    ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201
    viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

I caught the last 15 mins on Channel 4 plus 1. Not bad, although they do seem to have forgotten that it pissed down in London on referendum day. Was Cummings's testimony to the Commons word-for-word or edited-for-dramatic-effect?
    It was made up completely, Cummings has never testified after the vote. One of the criticisms of the program.
  • Options

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

It was made up completely, Cummings has never testified after the vote. One of the criticisms of the program.
    He did appear before the Treasury Select Committee but before the vote
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,060
    HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

Some heated exchanges with Andrew Tyrie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJjShkGCa4c
  • Options

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

Some heated exchanges with Andrew Tyrie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJjShkGCa4c
    Tyrie obviously missed his part in tonight's drama
  • Options
    Wind turbines generating 44% of UK energy, the highest I've noticed so far.

https://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/
  • Options

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

Sad to hear it. We remember dramas, but they inevitably have to twist the facts for dramatic effect. We forget documentaries, but they're often more accurate.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

Thanks Philip. I had no idea whether it would turn out to be reliable beforehand.
  • Options

And a more powerful and convincing argument.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Leave won?!

Wait for the sequel.
    Titled "The Really Uncivil War".
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

AndyJS said:

Thanks Philip. I had no idea whether it would turn out to be reliable beforehand.
    Perhaps, but it was the best guide available. So well done you.
This discussion has been closed.