Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The known unknown in this year’s local elections: Ukip cont

2»

Comments

• TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

So on the net ratings, Ed Miliband is doing worse than George Osborne.

So George leading the welfare debate sees his ratings improve and the Tories improve.

More George please.

Voters approve of disabled bay parking but not double yellow line breaches ?
  • dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,279
    Which wrist did Ed Miliband break?

From bitter experience I know that trying to shave with a left hand is difficult with a safety razor.
  • TGOHF said:

So on the net ratings, Ed Miliband is doing worse than George Osborne.

So George leading the welfare debate sees his ratings improve and the Tories improve.

More George please.

Voters approve of disabled bay parking but not double yellow line breaches ?
    I wouldn't go that far.

Ask me in three months time.
  • New Thread
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,520

Have you tried parking in central Cambridge? It's just about impossible.

TGOHF said:

Millionaire ignores parking rules - they must be for the little people.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/News/SLIDESHOW-Ed-Miliband-hits-campaign-trail-in-Cambridge-20130415160716.htm

"Labour leader Ed Miliband hit the campaign trail in Cambridge ahead of county council elections - but blundered by leaving his car parked on double yellow lines.

Meeting voters yesterday before giving a stump speech in Market Hill, Mr Miliband said he expected his party to make gains in the polls on May 2."

"Mary Rose Noel, 53, from Chesterton, was less impressed with Mr Miliband’s response when she quizzed him on benefit reforms."

Absolute rubbish. Even when Park Street was more or less accessible due to Jesus Lane being dug up recently, I have no problem finding anywhere to park. The Grand Arcade car park is a three or four minute walk away. Or there are several Park and Rides.

Note that the parking bays on the other side of the road are for disabled parking.

Mind you, Miliband went to Oxford. I can't blame him for not wanting to spend long in a far superior place. ;-)
  • PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    edited April 2013
  • MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    AveryLP said:

British businesses show support for Dave's plan to renegotiate powers from the EU, as revealed by British Chambers of Commerce survey.

A high proportion of UK companies want a renegotiation of Britain's membership in the EU, with certain powers returned to Westminster.

Of the 4,000 companies surveyed, 64% said that transferring power back to Britain would have positive effect on businesses in the UK.

11% said they felt it would have a negative impact, 14% no impact, while the rest were unsure.

A number of respondents identified employment law as the area they felt would most benefit from being brought back to London.

AveryLP again peddling 'fools gold'. Cammo has promised a referendum on Europe IF he wins the next GE in 2015; IF he is still leader of the Tories; IF he doesn't renege on his promise and IF he is even alive. A week is a long time in politics as Thatchers death attests. How long in time is a full two years into the future?

• MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    stodge said:

Afternoon all :)

I don't quite see the point of cutting and pasting the whole Guardian story and then providing the link - either one or the other would have been fine and the Guardian isn't yet behind a paywall so we can all read it for ourselves.

Solid 15% rating for the LDs (just in case the UKIP fans were getting excited) with the Labour lead at an unspectacular 6%. I'm sure Ed Milliband and Nick Clegg will happily take those numbers on GE day in 2015. That looks like a solid Labour majority on a swing of 7%.

As SeanT remarked a good month ago now, ICM can no longer be regarded as as the benchmark as regards Ukip.

• OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,722
    dr_spyn said:

Has anyone had any leaflets from Candidates? Only one from the Yellow Peril has landed on the doormat.

We've had one UKIP one.
This discussion has been closed.