Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Do Farage’s claims about 100k people signing up for his new pa

SystemSystem Posts: 11,017
edited February 2019 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Do Farage’s claims about 100k people signing up for his new party stand up?

What do you mean by “signed up to”? Are you claiming 100,000 members, which would be twice as many as UKIP had, despite Arron Banks work on lapsed members. Or are the 100,000 just vague expressions of interest?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    First
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,952
    100 002nd.
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,942
    Third referendum.
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870
    edited February 2019
    I see brexitparty.com is still available for $2795.

Entirely legitimate purchase if, for example, you are organising a party on the 29th March.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    Farage has had a random number headline generator gifted to him.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,962

I see brexitparty.com is still available for $2795.

How about brexitparty.eu?
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    There's no way these are all people who are registered to vote in the UK and will pay money to join the party. Journalists, duplicate sign ups and foreignerswill be on the mailing list.

Tell me when Others hits 10% in the polling.
  • Options
    100k Russian Twitter trolls have RT'd something.

And @Scott_P ;)
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,881
    FPT:

Have journalists given up doing basic research any more?

https://www.thebrexitparty.org/

There's two forms here, one that says "Coming Soon. Register Your Interest", collecting emails and phone numbers, and the other that says "Donate to Us" with an external link to a Paypal site to donate a Sterling amount.

There's also a few social media links to "official" Twitter and Facebook pages.

There's no way to become a member and no way to join the party, anyone claiming numbers for either is being very misleading.

A good journalist might be asking, a couple of months down the line, for a list of foreign donors via the Paypal link. I wonder if Paypal can provide the necessary detail on foreign donations to satisfy the Electoral Commission.
  • Options
    The EU elections will be fascinating if they do happen. Although we’ll vote on Thu but nothing will be counted until Sunday.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,150
    Don't know if this paper has been discussed here:
    Which outcome to the Article 50 process do the British people want? by Benjamin Lauderdale
    It presents a national and parliamentary constituency-level analysis of the British public’s preferences regarding the resolution of the current Article 50 withdrawal process from the EuropeanUnion, using YouGov data (sample size 51833).
    http://benjaminlauderdale.net/files/papers/LauderdaleBrexitDealPreferencesMRP.pdf

That and The Keys to Downing Street: Leave-Voting Marginals by Richard Johnson
    https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-keys-to-downing-street-leave-voting-marginals/
    support the electoral rationality of Corbyn's position on Brexit.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,721
    Is it Farage's party? Who is Catherine Blaiklock, who is listed as the Leader?
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,599
    Are there funny cat videos on their website? If so, 100,000 sign-ups is small beer.
  • Options
    RobD said:

The EU elections will be fascinating if they do happen. Although we’ll vote on Thu but nothing will be counted until Sunday.

Reason enough for us to leave! Having to wait days to know the outcome? That has to be against some human right's legislation.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    Posted from the previous thread as I put effort typing it.

Floater said:
    » show previous quotes
    And the other EU airlines that have gone under?

This isn’t aimed at you but where would this place be if people didn’t post “facts” which reveal they have no bloody clue. What was BMI regional’s fleet, legacy profitability, RASK, CASK, business plan and business proposition? What have fuel prices done which haven’t affected other airlines in the same way?

Perhaps we could discuss the failures of Air Berlin or Alitalia or Air Comet or Air Madrid or Cimber or Small Planet or Eurolot or or or.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    100k, made up of 1k genuine UK supporters, 2k Americans, and 97k Russian bots.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,263
    No
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    On topic, why bother with facts when the Express will happily do your dirty work for you?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

She looks well up to UKIP leadership standards.

'Blaiklock has been highlighted in the media for articles she posted on The Conservative Woman in which she discussed introducing hanging for drug dealers and argued that food banks are contributing to obesity in low-income families, who should be eating potatoes, being cheaper and healthier. She has also been noted for her anti-Muslim statements written on a range of conservative websites.'

Not sure why she felt the need to leave Batten era UKIP.
  • Options
    I think he might be seeing what he wants to see. I don't think they needed the prospect of a split to go a little barmy, and we've certainly had plenty of past moments of the whingers whining and then doing nothing before.
  • Options
    eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,890
    kle4 said:

RobD said:

Reason enough for us to leave! Having to wait days to know the outcome? That has to be against some human right's legislation.
    No it's against human rights to anounce the results in one area before another has voted. If the EU wanted to be evil they could have insisted that the UK votes on a Sunday like most other countries in the EU.
  • Options

kle4 said:

Blaiklock has been highlighted in the media for articles she posted on The Conservative Woman
    I was able to pretty much fill in the rest just from that
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,917
    kle4 said:

I think he might be seeing what he wants to see. I don't think they needed the prospect of a split to go a little barmy, and we've certainly had plenty of past moments of the whingers whining and then doing nothing before.
    More wishful thinking on Labour's problems by Han Dodges.
  • Options
    eristdoof said:

kle4 said:

RobD said:

No it's against human rights to anounce the results in one area before another has voted. If the EU wanted to be evil they could have insisted that the UK votes on a Sunday like most other countries in the EU.
    I bet Juncker is working on it right now.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

What is this, 2015? There's been a split coming since at least then. The fact there hasn't been tells you all you need to know.

A split Labour party under FPTP is electoral suicide and gives the utterly incompetent Tories a free hand - it certainly doesn't lead to the cancellation of Brexit. There's already a "cancel Brexit" party led by some guy named Vince and they're not exactly surging in the polls.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    kle4 said:

That doesn't mean they will just carry on whining. There is a tipping point.
  • Options
    kyf_100 said:

kle4 said:

There's already a "cancel Brexit" party led by some guy named Vince
    Sounds like fake news to me, very implausible.
  • Options

kle4 said:

That doesn't mean they will just carry on whining. There is a tipping point.
    It's hardly inevitable was my point. There is no guarantee of a tipping point occurring. Sure, it's possible, and though I don't think this is it it is possible. But given there is no guarantee, and plenty of reasons why it might not happen, and because it's been threatened for a long time it is at the least an unlikely explanation as to the tone of reaction from certain people.

It's from the 'they are scared of X and that is why they criticise y' school of reaction.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,917
    Dan Hodges, predictor of 50 of the last 0 labour splits.
  • Options
    _Anazina__Anazina_ Posts: 1,810
    Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

Han shot first!
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,055
    kle4 said:

eristdoof said:

kle4 said:

RobD said:

I bet Juncker is working on it right now.
    They can set conditions for an A50 extension...
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,599
    If all of the wibble had been correct, we would now have about 30 new 'centrist' anti-Brexit parties.
  • Options

If all of the wibble had been correct, we would now have about 30 new 'centrist' anti-Brexit parties.

To be fair, there have been about 30 new centrist anti-Brexit parties: Renew, Advance Together, all that lot. It's just that none of them have got any traction whatsoever.
  • Options

kle4 said:

She looks well up to UKIP leadership standards.

'Blaiklock has been highlighted in the media for articles she posted on The Conservative Woman in which she discussed introducing hanging for drug dealers and argued that food banks are contributing to obesity in low-income families, who should be eating potatoes, being cheaper and healthier. She has also been noted for her anti-Muslim statements written on a range of conservative websites.'

Not sure why she felt the need to leave Batten era UKIP.
    Not extreme enough?

Or perhaps it's a class thing. One of the things I find most fascinating about the split of (demise of?) UKIP is the transformation from the double breasted blazer bomber command tie home counties brigade to being the party of the salt of the earth, hey tommy tommy football "fan" party.

Class has always been the dividing line of British politics, hence Labour and the Tories.
    I suspect there are plenty of former Kippers who don't want to be part of a working class party.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,105
    It will be very funny if someone does come forward and say they have organised for their pets to be signed up 97,000 times....

You can see the headlines now:

"British Bullldogs" are mainstay of Farage's New Party.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    So I blitzed the BBC documentary. It really was great. I definitely like Tusk more than I did, Juncker came across as the complete **** that he clearly is. Merkel, Dave and Tsipras come out of it looking very bad, Merkel probably the worst. She's definitely been the architect of much of the EU's internal turmoil.

I think it's also clear that Dave's poor renegotiation was a huge factor in the leave decision, part of me still thinks that if we'd just had an in/out referendum without Dave's deal the In campaign would have won by a thin margin. The fact that Dave promised so much and achieved so little with the EU calling it gold made them look completely incredulous and the British public are notoriously good at spotting a fake.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,724
    geoffw said:

Which outcome to the Article 50 process do the British people want? by Benjamin Lauderdale
    It presents a national and parliamentary constituency-level analysis of the British public’s preferences regarding the resolution of the current Article 50 withdrawal process from the EuropeanUnion, using YouGov data (sample size 51833).
    http://benjaminlauderdale.net/files/papers/LauderdaleBrexitDealPreferencesMRP.pdf

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-keys-to-downing-street-leave-voting-marginals/

If I may politely disagree regarding the second paper. Whilst I accept the underlying facts (that the road for Labour success lies thru Leave constituencies), his conclusion (Labour must back leave to get these votes) is simplistic. My train is coming to a station so i shall continue in 30mins.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Dan Hodges, predictor of 50 of the last 0 labour splits.

51st time lucky?
  • Options
    kyf_100 said:

kle4 said:

What is this, 2015? There's been a split coming since at least then. The fact there hasn't been tells you all you need to know.

A split Labour party under FPTP is electoral suicide and gives the utterly incompetent Tories a free hand - it certainly doesn't lead to the cancellation of Brexit. There's already a "cancel Brexit" party led by some guy named Vince and they're not exactly surging in the polls.
    Be careful what you wish for.

A Corbyn led Government would look to actively dismantle the economic models and security partnerships of Britain of the last 50+ years.

It'd make Theresa May's Government look like a teddy bear's picnic.
  • Options

A Corbyn led Government would look to actively dismantle the economic models and security partnerships of Britain of the last 50+ years.

You're right, but isn't that exactly what the Conservatives are doing right now?
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

So I blitzed the BBC documentary. It really was great. I definitely like Tusk more than I did, Juncker came across as the complete **** that he clearly is. Merkel, Dave and Tsipras come out of it looking very bad, Merkel probably the worst. She's definitely been the architect of much of the EU's internal turmoil.

I think it's also clear that Dave's poor renegotiation was a huge factor in the leave decision, part of me still thinks that if we'd just had an in/out referendum without Dave's deal the In campaign would have won by a thin margin. The fact that Dave promised so much and achieved so little with the EU calling it gold made them look completely incredulous and the British public are notoriously good at spotting a fake.

Will try and catch up with it.

It’s almost certain that the day the referendum was lost for Remain was the day Dave unveiled his ‘deal’, 23rd Feb 2016 from memory. It said that it was impossible to negotiate with the EU, they didn’t care about the UK, and that the Cameron government thought they’d actually accomplished something.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,989

You're right, but isn't that exactly what the Conservatives are doing right now?
    Anyone see McDonnell on Marr this morning? Very impressive.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,847
    viewcode said:

geoffw said:

If I may politely disagree regarding the second paper. Whilst I accept the underlying facts (that the road for Labour success lies thru Leave constituencies), his conclusion (Labour must back leave to get these votes) is simplistic. My train is coming to a station so i shall continue in 30mins.
    The first paper is a psephologists delight.
    And gladdening reading for Remainers.
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

The bar must be set very low for McDonnell to be considered impressive.
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

Yet when it comes to Luciana Berger, she’s a disgrace to her party and deserves to be deselected?
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

It's what switched me from Remain to Leave. That and Gove's excellent op-ed on the issue.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

It's what switched me from Remain to Leave. That and Gove's excellent op-ed on the issue.
    spotting a fake.... really , they didn't spot Blair, but I grant you, they had no say in Brown's premiership.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

It’s almost certain that the day the referendum was lost for Remain was the day Dave unveiled his ‘deal’, 23rd Feb 2016 from memory. It said that it was impossible to negotiate with the EU, they didn’t care about the UK, and that the Cameron government thought they’d actually accomplished something.
    Whilst Dave told us forcefully - and unconvincingly - that it was a great deal.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

Given that Gove's whole credo up until the referendum campaign had been that threatening to leave was the way to get a better deal, if Cameron's negotiation didn't deliver he should have admitted that his strategy had been wrong all along.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

Yep, that was the day that solidified leave as the only choice in my mind.

The deal was a turd dressed up as a triumph.

Remainers often like to laugh at leavers for not knowing our place in the world.

But the truth is that deal told us everything we needed to know about how the EU sees us. Their contempt for us. Our utter irrelevance to them. Blowing the "it's better to be an influential voice within the EU" remainer argument out of the water.

We are better, and stronger, out of it.
  • Options
    kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

Remainers often like to laugh at leavers for not knowing our place in the world.

But the truth is that deal told us everything we needed to know about how the EU sees us. Their contempt for us. Our utter irrelevance to them. Blowing the "it's better to be an influential voice within the EU" remainer argument out of the water.

Cameron did the worst thing a leader can do by creating a sense of humiliation. The reaction of Conservatives to his deal was wholly irrational because of it.
  • Options
  • Options
    kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

:+1:

And everything that’s happened since the referendum only reinforces that view.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Sandpit said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

Amen brother
  • Options
    Rexel56Rexel56 Posts: 807
    To be fair, most of the 100,000 thought they were getting an insurance quote from GoSkippy
  • Options
    nielhnielh Posts: 1,307
    kyf_100 said:

kle4 said:

The moment for a meaningful split in the labour party has passed. They should have split after Corbyn was elected leader. But they figured out that this was political suicide.

The context is different now, the split will happen because politicians on all sides are forced in to it. But that doesn't mean nothing meaningful will come out of it. A new party (ie without the baggage of the liberal democrats) which is focussed on reentering the EU could gain a lot of support. It could be incredibly disruptive to both the labour and the conservative parties, particuarly if we end up with no deal - it is as bad as people think it will be, and the blame can be pinned on the two main parties.
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

the man is poison
  • Options
    kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

Cameron then doubled-down on disaster by telling us we were "Little Englanders" for not buying his renegotation. The renegotaiton that was deemed so shite, he was banned from even referencing it by the Remain. The Deal That Dare Not Speak Its Name.

There will be so much about the whole of our relationship with the EU for the past 20 years that will be studied for decades as a What Not To Do. By all concerned.
  • Options
    @geoffw

Ok, I am now on another train and so can continue the convo from downthread. Yes, the point one needs to comprehend is that the aim is to get a plurality in a seat, not a majority. The fact that seat-x voted 60/40 in terms of Leave is not relevant in itself, it's a question of how cohesive the votes are: if you can get all the Remain votes but the Leave votes are distributed amongst two or more parties, then you may win 40/30/30. In the specific instance of Labour Leave, there's little point in aiming for the Leave vote if you can't compete (if Labour, Con and Ukip are all competing for Leave votes, it's difficult to see Lab winning) and/or you lose more Remain votes than you gain Leave votes.

If Labour could arrange a by-election in a majority Leave constituency, it would be interesting to see them put this to the test and stand an avowedly Leave candidate, see if his vote went down or up
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,974
    Sandpit said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

With the greatest of respect to ydoethur, Cameron should have been a teacher; a man amongst boys, and a boy amongst men.

He was way out of his depth and that's why we are we are.
  • Options

No.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

kyf_100 said:

kle4 said:

There's already a "cancel Brexit" party led by some guy named Vince
    Sounds like fake news to me, very implausible.
    They must be impressive, he has his very own nuclear missile.
  • Options
    The death cult is in full song tonight. Leave won when affluent reactionaries decided that their hatred of the EU justified race-baiting.
  • Options
    StreeterStreeter Posts: 684
    kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

Name one way the U.K. is stronger out of the EU.
  • Options
    matt said:

Posted from the previous thread as I put effort typing it.

Floater said:
    » show previous quotes
    And the other EU airlines that have gone under?

This isn’t aimed at you but where would this place be if people didn’t post “facts” which reveal they have no bloody clue. What was BMI regional’s fleet, legacy profitability, RASK, CASK, business plan and business proposition? What have fuel prices done which haven’t affected other airlines in the same way?

Perhaps we could discuss the failures of Air Berlin or Alitalia or Air Comet or Air Madrid or Cimber or Small Planet or Eurolot or or or.

I think you and I are on same page.

The amount of times I see people opining on what headline A means for the Industry I work in.

Then you follow up it becomes clear they are just using a headline to push their viewpoint without understanding the underlying facts.

At times it is a bit like that old (new) Labour practice, just keep repeating the lie and hope enough of it sticks.
  • Options
    I see yesterday's war over Dave's Deal is still being fought. It's time to let that go. For starters, it gives the unhealthy impression that Brexit was nothing more than a massive sulk over it. Not a good look - nothing productive ever emerged from a fit of bad temper.
  • Options
    Streeter said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

We make our own choices and stand on our own on the world stage.

In the same way Australia or New Zealand or Canada do.

Yes, we're a second rate power. No delusions of imperial grandeur here.

But the EU "deal" made it very, very clear that from within the EU we had about the same power as Merthyr Tydfil has by being part of the UK.

Better to be an independent nation making its own choices than a minor province which has devolved its decision making powers to somewhere else.
  • Options
    kyf_100 said:

But the EU "deal" made it very, very clear that from within the EU we had about the same power as Merthyr Tydfil has by being part of the UK.

Some Leavers really do wear their stupidity on their sleeves.
  • Options

The death cult is in full song tonight. Leave won when affluent reactionaries decided that their hatred of the EU justified race-baiting.

Leave won when Merkel decided that anybody who wanted to come to the EU could come to Germany, then once they were there, they could go anywhere they wanted in the EU.

The day I have the ability to vote Merkel out for that decision is the day the EU becomes remotely democratic. Until then, all I hear from you is the same tired old argument about it in some way being racist to want to have control over your own borders.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,960

Sandpit said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

With the greatest of respect to ydoethur, Cameron should have been a teacher; a man amongst boys, and a boy amongst men.

No. We are here for much more complex reasons than that. The blame cannot be put onto one person: Farage or Cameron, Juncker or Corbyn - and doing so is just a lazy way of trying to explain away complex issues.

For instance, I'd argue that a referendum was inevitable: there was just too much clamour for one - and not just in the Conservative Party. If Cameron hadn't done it, someone else would have within a few years. A referendum as an issue was never going to go away: part because of UKIP, and partly because of the EU's deaf ear.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,658
    kyf_100 said:

Leave won when Merkel decided that anybody who wanted to come to the EU could come to Germany, then once they were there, they could go anywhere they wanted in the EU.

The day I have the ability to vote Merkel out for that decision is the day the EU becomes remotely democratic. Until then, all I hear from you is the same tired old argument about it in some way being racist to want to have control over your own borders.
    The problem with you analysis is that the people who came to Germany didn't want to go anywhere else.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

kyf_100 said:

kle4 said:

Be careful what you wish for.

It'd make Theresa May's Government look like a teddy bear's picnic.
    For you, a Brexiteer, to make that point is self satire of the highest order. Well done.
  • Options

kyf_100 said:

Some Leavers really do wear their stupidity on their sleeves.
    And some federalists wear their haughty sense of superiority with the contempt of a pre-revolutionary French aristocrat.
  • Options

kyf_100 said:

The problem with you analysis is that the people who came to Germany didn't want to go anywhere else.
    They said the same for Somalian refugees in the Netherlands.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,183
    edited February 2019

Sandpit said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

Your Venerable Cheerful Majesty, what makes you think we would have wanted Cameron? I lead the groups of immature rowdies I am in charge of. He followed his.

(And at least with my lot, there's the hope they'll grow up some day!)
  • Options
    kyf_100 said:

Streeter said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

We make our own choices and stand on our own on the world stage.

In the same way Australia or New Zealand or Canada do.

Yes, we're a second rate power. No delusions of imperial grandeur here.

Better to be an independent nation making its own choices than a minor province which has devolved its decision making powers to somewhere else.
    Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales are presumably listening to that.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    A overflowing public lavatory spilling piss, excrement and vomit like a geezer. That’s Brexit.
  • Options
    Streeter said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

We'll be a second rate global power rather than 1/28th of a second rate global power.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

It's a puzzling tweet on so many levels.

For a start, it implies the likes of Pidcock and Burton are not round the bend. Such we know isn't the case.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Streeter said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

We'll be a second rate global power rather than 1/28th of a second rate global power.
    Technically in your model we are currently 1 + 1/28 of a second rate power, so still better.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

A overflowing public lavatory spilling piss, excrement and vomit like a geezer. That’s Brexit.

Do you mean 'like a geyser?' Or has Corbyn had some unfortunate eruption I am unaware of?
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

MaxPB said:

Streeter said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

Technically in your model we are currently 1 + 1/28 of a second rate power, so still better.
    While in the EU we have no voice, just 1/28th of a voice.
  • Options
    kyf_100 said:

It’s racist to whip up untrue fears of millions of Muslims being poised to descend on Britain to win votes. But the affluent reactionaries decided that was worth it to indulge their anti-EU prejudice.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Jonathan said:

MaxPB said:

Streeter said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

How did we manage to invade Iraq against the will of France and Germany?
  • Options
    ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201
    Streeter said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

It is interesting why you used "stronger."

I get the impression that a lot of remain voters think being in the EU means rampaging around the world beating up smaller countries.

I would have posed the question as - Name one beneficial reason why the UK should leave the EU.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Jonathan said:

Do you mean 'like a geyser?' Or has Corbyn had some unfortunate eruption I am unaware of?
    Fnarr fnarr... :)
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Streeter said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

Will we get back our permanent seat on the UN security council that we obviously must have had to give up when we became a colony of the EU?
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Jonathan said:

MaxPB said:

Streeter said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

Complete crap.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

Jonathan said:

MaxPB said:

Streeter said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

The EU has moved on since then, it has a fully functional diplomatic corps now.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Jonathan said:

Works both ways.
  • Options

Streeter said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

It is interesting why you used "stronger."

I get the impression that a lot of remain voters think being in the EU means rampaging around the world beating up smaller countries.

I would have posed the question as - Name one beneficial reason why the UK should leave the EU.
    Good question. Difficult to think of any rational answer tbh.
  • Options
    ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Jonathan said:

MaxPB said:

Streeter said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

I has a fully dysfunctional diplomatic corps that the 28 will not let anywhere near a serious situation after Ukraine.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

Jonathan said:

Works both ways.
    Fair point...
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Jonathan said:

MaxPB said:

Streeter said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

... which makes not a jot of difference to our ability to carry out our own foreign policy.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Jonathan said:

MaxPB said:

Streeter said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

It did back then too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2705089.stm

European Union foreign policy chief Javier Solana has said the case for war against Iraq has not yet been made - making a thinly-veiled attack on the crisis' "hawks".
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    Were the 100,000 Saga members redirected there !

You only have to look at the crowds who turn out at the regular hate fests to see the demographic . Congratulations to all the grannies and grandpas who love telling everyone they’d do anything for their grand kids but who decided to throw them under a bus and make them second class citizens of Europe .

• Options

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Jonathan said:

MaxPB said:

Streeter said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

... which makes not a jot of difference to our ability to carry out our own foreign policy.
    We have a foreign policy?
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,830

kyf_100 said:

It’s racist to whip up untrue fears of millions of Muslims being poised to descend on Britain to win votes. But the affluent reactionaries decided that was worth it to indulge their anti-EU prejudice.
    You, however, are an affluent reactionary, albeit pro, rather, than anti-EU.
This discussion has been closed.