Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Osborne’s Standard has surely got this right – TMay is in offi

Comments

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,664

Like I say - that image is going to be plastered across every single Focus leaflet in the land at the next General Election.
    That is an awful look for the peoples vote. Surely labour are going to get hammered by the remainers over this
    Some cover from the peoples vote campaign agreeing now us not the time?
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,799

334 - 85 crushing defeat for the peoples vote

Oh dear

There must have been about 20 Opposition voting with the government.
  • Options
    TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840
    Danny565 said:

IanB2 said:

Wollaston amendment defeated 334 v 85

So an absolute majority against a referendum, even if every abstainer had voted "Yes".

I wonder if this will FINALLY stop this delusion that Corbyn could trigger a second referendum if only he snapped his fingers.
    The counter to that is the same as with May's Deal that a few people could come over if it was close and they could make the difference with their vote.

Given the right moment it could be possible but I suspect the different factions needed cannot come together, the Tiggers have different priorities.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095

Either Stephen Bush reads PB or great minds think alike...

https://twitter.com/stephenkb/status/1106241566832844802

I quite like Notorious TIG. Just don't drive around in a GMC Yukon though, Chuka.....
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,832

Oh dear

It's no great surprise. There's no enthusiasm for a second vote on the Conservative benches and not much on the Labour benches either. Even this LD doesn't support it.

Once we have enacted the result of the 23/6/16 referendum there's every reason to argue for a new referendum to seek to rejoin the EU on terms which would be clearly spelled out in advance.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,579
    notme2 said:

Of course the big secret the elite won't acknowledge is that the working class generally want out, are aware they get screwed whoever rules and in a deal, a no deal or remain and couldn't give a shit about what benefits business and the middle classes and their 3 holidays a year.

Hilariously so. “But what about Tarquin’s Erasmus overseas study in Berlin?”
    Or indeed "Brexit's Impact on Michelin Dining" (not a spoof...)
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

What a clown I have as my MP.....
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Oh dear

There must have been about 20 Opposition voting with the government.
    Which is not as many as is sometimes suggested are bitterly against a referendum. But in fairness with an abstention whipped no need to fear it might pass
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091

Danny565 said:

IanB2 said:

So an absolute majority against a referendum, even if every abstainer had voted "Yes".

I wonder if this will FINALLY stop this delusion that Corbyn could trigger a second referendum if only he snapped his fingers.
    The counter to that is the same as with May's Deal that a few people could come over if it was close and they could make the difference with their vote.

Given the right moment it could be possible but I suspect the different factions needed cannot come together, the Tiggers have different priorities.
    I think the chances were pretty slim anyway, but it's definitely dead now.
  • Options
    Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,597
    DougSeal said:

I voted to leave.

You voted to leave. So f*cking what?
    If that is the terms on which you wish to conduct debate, "So f*cking what" yourself. Your side has won. Get over it.
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    So there is an explicit majority in the Commons against a second referendum.

Marvellous!
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Athenian democracy was actually closer, in terms of democratic immediacy, to the kind of anarchist ideas of continual participatory decision-making that would give many conservatives a fright.

Indeed. See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mytilenian_Debate for a vote to commit genocide, followed by a vote the other way on exactly the same subject the following day. It was like being governed by Sun headline writers. Athens was not the wonder it was cracked up to be; look what it did to Socrates.
    Nor was that the worst decision, by any means. Like the ERG, the Athenians never missed an opportunity to miss an opportunity to obtain peace with honour in the war against Sparta.
  • Options
    Nigel_ForemainNigel_Foremain Posts: 13,779
    Danny565 said:

IanB2 said:

He is too thick to be able to manage anything as coordinated as snapping his fingers. He would have to put a decision like that to a revolutionary committee to check that snapping fingers was not an act of bourgeois authoritarianism.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,249

TOPPING said:

I voted to leave. I did not vote to ask the EU for permission to leave. Yet, it has been all along as if the UK electorate voted for the latter, the final straw being the vote to rule out the so called "no deal". The EU's decision to offer utterly punitive withdrawal terms amounts to their saying no to a request from the UK to ask for permission to leave. Their aim is to keep the UK in the EU, either as now or under May's BINO arrangement which would be even more advantageous to them than the current status quo.

With a resolute PM determined to leave, the exact opposite of what we have, the starting point for negotiations should have been for the UK to declare that it would be leaving, and that the EU could only choose whetherhe insistence on the backstop) we would walk away until after March 29th 2019. The UK would have declared that it did not accept that the EU would fail to negotiate after that date, and made it clear to all the world that the UK was perfectly prepared to wait because we knew we would get better terms after we were out. We would, because the question of whether or not the UK leaves would be off the table. We would publish draft tariff schedules that were as punitive as they could be to EU imports under the limitations of WTO terms, declaring that we hoped that they would last no more than a few weeks once the EU stance changed to a goal of negotiating a trade settlement in its interests, rather than of offering nothing to dissuade the UK from leaving. When the EU retailiated with plans for similar tariffs of their own, we would react with equinimity, pointing out that it was EU manufactured goods that were primarily at risk given the vast imbalance in trade between us. If bottlenecks developed at UK ports, on account of all the empty lorries leaving the UK, we would announced that priority would be given to those which were actually loaded. We would publish how the UK would use the short term tariffs on EU imported goods to offset the increased costs on UK consumers and businesses, such as through reductions or new exemptions from VAT. We would have started a public information campaign to highlight UK manufacturing and encourage the public to make informed choices (such as, for example, drawing attention to which cars are assembled in the UK). And I think public opinion would have hardened against remaining in those circumstances.

Tl;dr?

Leaver shocked at entirely predictable events following Leave vote.
    I am not shocked at the actions of the EU elite. I am not even shocked that a Remain supporting PM let them get away with it. I am just angry that she did.
    So why all the complaining if you foresaw this?
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,163
    notme2 said:

Of course the big secret the elite won't acknowledge is that the working class generally want out, are aware they get screwed whoever rules and in a deal, a no deal or remain and couldn't give a shit about what benefits business and the middle classes and their 3 holidays a year.

Dorling and Tomlinson say that the proportion of leave voters in social class C2, D, E was just 41%; middle class was 59%
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,924
    Charles said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Floater said:

SeanT said:

Floater said:

Cyclefree said:

SeanT said:

This is infinitely depressing. We have lost. We have no backbone. The Enlightenment is over. Now comes the Darkening.

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1106196762690314240?s=21

Imagine the furore and outrage if another school had caved into pressure from protesters and stopped teaching classes on Islam...
    An utter disgrace.
    It is
    If I were 25 years old, I would emigrate tomorrow. Britain is finished. Europe is finished. Stagnation and religious strife await.

I’d go to America. Where English freedoms and the Enlightenment are still, thank god, protected by that Constitution. And I’d buy lots of guns.

Or I’d go to Asia. The future.
    You might want to look more closely at American news before making that decision.

Or try eating some of their 'cheese'.
    In posh parts of California you can get every variety of European cheese plus their own new artisanal stuff, which is nice. Also Californian wines (not quite as good as Aussie, but v pleasant). Plus all those deserts and mountains. The sweet summer sweat. Warm smell of calyptus.

Fuck it, I’m going.
    True, there are small pockets of the US where one can get decent stuff. Dreadful bureaucracy though - much worse than here.
    Indeed. I have encountered the US tax system. I am still recovering.

It is amazing how vivacious their economy is - creating giants like apple, and amazon, and google - when the bureaucracy seems designed to frustrate it.
    Go to Socal.

The weather is what you imagine, while in Norcal on a good day it's like Birmingham
    That's not fair. Once you get inland - say San Jose - it's not bad. It's just not as good as SoCal.
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    notme2 said:

Tarquins studies are 95% of remain rage. The WC just laugh and have a pint. Tbh Tarquin and the enraged middle classes can suck on my farts
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    A long thread but one well worth a perusal:

https://twitter.com/TheScepticIsle/status/1106228189368631297
  • Options
    notme2 said:

How did he get into University? Big scandal going on at the moment about the bank of mum and dad opening doors.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Bit odd to be able to amend an amendment
  • Options
    Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,597

But Vote Leave repeatedly said No Deal wouldn’t happen.

They also said we’d know this.

https://twitter.com/fleetstreetfox/status/1105048571039150080?s=21

It is nonsense to claim that the Leave campaign was based on the condition that the UK would only leave once an agreement was in place, and that if that could not happen then we would stay in the EU indefinitely. Was the Leave campaign really saying that the UK should fail to serve A50 in perpetuity if the EU failed to come to the negotiating table in good faith? Do you really believe that?

I read that paragraph as being conditional on the assumption that the EU would act in good faith. When it turned out very quickly that the EU were instead behaving as utter b******s, due to an early correct appreciation that their negotiating opponent was a weak jellyfish, their main negotiating goal being to bring the UK to a position when it changed its mind by offering nothing, then it was implicit that Plan B would need to kick in and A50 would have to be served.
    THERE IS NO MANDATE FOR NO DEAL
    DO YOU READ THE DAILY EXPRESS?

there is no such thing as no deal. there is only the choice between reaching an agreement of some form with the eu before or after the uk leaves.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Danny565 said:

IanB2 said:

I think the chances were pretty slim anyway, but it's definitely dead now.
    It is badly damaged I'd say but still not completely out for the count.

Proves beyond doubt that TIG don't care that much about a second referendum though.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    How did the 2nd referendum vote go? innocent face....
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,437

Ayes: 85
    Noes: 334

Few votes for the People's Vote.....

Interesting. Implies that without Labour abstentions it'd be pretty close
    But an absolute majority of MPs against which is probably the crucial point.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Like I say - that image is going to be plastered across every single Focus leaflet in the land at the next General Election.
    That is an awful look for the peoples vote. Surely labour are going to get hammered by the remainers over this
    Some cover from the peoples vote campaign agreeing now us not the time?
    People might think they only like Votes they know they will win.....
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Floater said:

https://twitter.com/michaelsavage/status/1106245353429450752
  • Options
    edited March 2019

notme2 said:

Dorling and Tomlinson say that the proportion of leave voters in social class C2, D, E was just 41%; middle class was 59%
    There are more of them and more that vote
  • Options
    Immediate e mail from TIG - labour have let you down !!!
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,793

IanB2 said:

What a clown I have as my MP.....
    What you like a People's Vote to get rid of her? :D
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    O/T

An interesting read IMO:

"As Western civilization declines or at least frays at the edges, the ways our culture has developed to deal with the gap in the attractiveness distribution are receding and dying. Young people enter the equality-inducing institution of monogamy later and later or not at all, spending more time in a chaotically unequal polygynous dating world. Monogamy itself is weaker, as divorce becomes easier and even married people often report encountering “dead bedrooms” in which one or both spouses feel no obligation to give a partner who they do not regard as sufficiently attractive access to sexual experiences. Religious belief is in constant decline, and with it declines the belief in the dignity of celibacy or the importance of anything other than hedonism (sexual or otherwise). Even fairy tales that for centuries helped us understand how to live charitably with each other are disavowed and cultural tastemakers like Time Magazine and the BBC denigrate them as sexist.

The result of these cultural changes is that the highly unequal social structures of the prehistoric savanna homo sapiens are reasserting themselves, and with them the dissatisfactions of the unattractive “sexually underprivileged” majority are coming back. It is ironic that the progressives who cheer on the decline of religion and the weakening of “outdated” institutions like monogamy are actually acting as the ultimate reactionaries, returning us to the oldest and most barbaric, unequal animal social structures that have ever existed. In this case it is the conservatives who are cheering for the progressive ideal of “sexual income redistribution” through a novel invention: monogamy."

https://quillette.com/2019/03/12/attraction-inequality-and-the-dating-economy/
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092

Sure, but it looks like when this is voted on again next week and they don't abstain, it'll come a lot closer than MV2 did.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Bit odd to be able to amend an amendment
    I think thats what banjaxed the Govt's motion last night - they were for it until an amendment passed, then they were agin it.

Same tonight - vote against everything except ours, and if thats amended, vote against it too....
  • Options

Sure, but it looks like when this is voted on again next week and they don't abstain, it'll come a lot closer than MV2 did.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Floater said:

SeanT said:

Floater said:

Cyclefree said:

SeanT said:

This is infinitely depressing. We have lost. We have no backbone. The Enlightenment is over. Now comes the Darkening.

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1106196762690314240?s=21

Imagine the furore and outrage if another school had caved into pressure from protesters and stopped teaching classes on Islam...
    An utter disgrace.
    It is
    If I were 25 years old, I would emigrate tomorrow. Britain is finished. Europe is finished. Stagnation and religious strife await.

I’d go to America. Where English freedoms and the Enlightenment are still, thank god, protected by that Constitution. And I’d buy lots of guns.

Or I’d go to Asia. The future.
    You might want to look more closely at American news before making that decision.

Or try eating some of their 'cheese'.
    In posh parts of California you can get every variety of European cheese plus their own new artisanal stuff, which is nice. Also Californian wines (not quite as good as Aussie, but v pleasant). Plus all those deserts and mountains. The sweet summer sweat. Warm smell of calyptus.

Fuck it, I’m going.
    True, there are small pockets of the US where one can get decent stuff. Dreadful bureaucracy though - much worse than here.
    Indeed. I have encountered the US tax system. I am still recovering.

It is amazing how vivacious their economy is - creating giants like apple, and amazon, and google - when the bureaucracy seems designed to frustrate it.
    Go to Socal.

The weather is what you imagine, while in Norcal on a good day it's like Birmingham
    That's not fair. Once you get inland - say San Jose - it's not bad. It's just not as good as SoCal.
    Mountain View is nice, I'll give you that

San Jose is a dive :smiley:
  • Options
    AramintaMoonbeamQCAramintaMoonbeamQC Posts: 3,589
    edited March 2019
    30th June amendment fails - 311 to 314.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Floater said:

Less popular than May's deal ..
  • Options

Everyone seems to be waiting for Cox to come up with a new way of saying the same thing.
  • Options

I'm worried we've lost your vote BigG...
  • Options

My guess would be a majority of about 50 or so against a second referendum if Labour whip in favour of it.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

notme2 said:

That's the problem with the term "middle class", the real median is not the what we might call the newspaper definition of middle class, which in fact tends to be the upper quintile of incomes.

Which is why a huge amount of utter bollocks is written about the middle class, and what it means for politics, the economy, etc.
  • Options

30th June amendment fails - 311 to 314.

LOL !

A bad night for Remain..
  • Options
    CiceroCicero Posts: 2,201
    While everyone is following the Parliamentary excitement, I think the implications of JRMs "not for public disclosure" comment in the Dispatches Programme on his returns due from Somerset Capital Management may have been overlooked.

Aside from the obvious public interest in an MP making millions from a firm benefiting from shorting UK assets that are damaged by Brexit, there is also the question of how much is disclosed to Somerset's investors. More to the point the ultimate beneficial owners of the investment vehicles that invest in Somerset funds are also not disclosed.

Who is JRM investing for? Why are they paying him such large returns? There are certain rumours, and if they are true then JRM is in really serious trouble.
  • Options

But Vote Leave repeatedly said No Deal wouldn’t happen.

They also said we’d know this.

https://twitter.com/fleetstreetfox/status/1105048571039150080?s=21

It is nonsense to claim that the Leave campaign was based on the condition that the UK would only leave once an agreement was in place, and that if that could not happen then we would stay in the EU indefinitely. Was the Leave campaign really saying that the UK should fail to serve A50 in perpetuity if the EU failed to come to the negotiating table in good faith? Do you really believe that?

I read that paragraph as being conditional on the assumption that the EU would act in good faith. When it turned out very quickly that the EU were instead behaving as utter b******s, due to an early correct appreciation that their negotiating opponent was a weak jellyfish, their main negotiating goal being to bring the UK to a position when it changed its mind by offering nothing, then it was implicit that Plan B would need to kick in and A50 would have to be served.
    THERE IS NO MANDATE FOR NO DEAL
    DO YOU READ THE DAILY EXPRESS?

there is no such thing as no deal. there is only the choice between reaching an agreement of some form with the eu before or after the uk leaves.
    Do I read the Daily Express? Are you having a laugh? Let me make it simple enough that even the average intellect of a leaver that does read that excuse for a newspaper can understand: The leave campaign said there would be a deal before we left (remember the easiest deal in history?). There is therefore no mandate for the wet dream of the ERG. There is no evidence that there is support for a hard Brexit. Now there is no chance of a second referendum it cannot be tested, but leaving without a deal was not what was voted for. Without a deal we are in limbo. Hope you understand that. I made the words as simple as possible
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    This seems a bit silly. Aren't people who signed up to them generally pretty politically switched on? Many of them must know that it was TIG who defied what People's Vote and Best For Britain said about the amendment, and Labour who did what they wanted. How are they going to feel about getting blatant lies emailed to them?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,029
    Doesn't the Powell amendment weaken the Benn amendment? If they only won by three I think that suggests Benn will be carried.
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    edited March 2019
    As if MPs are gonna pass up the chance to give themselves the power to shape Brexit.
  • Options
    RoyalBlue said:

So there is an explicit majority in the Commons against a second referendum.

Marvellous!

So now Labour MPs should stop dicking about and vote for May's Deal.

Should.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,827

They are a f***ing disgrace. Corbyn is the biggest liar in the history of lying toe-rag lefties
    Calm down thats no way to address the next PM
  • Options
    glw said:

notme2 said:

That's the problem with the term "middle class", the real median is not the what we might call the newspaper definition of middle class, which in fact tends to be the upper quintile of incomes.

Which is why a huge amount of utter bollocks is written about the middle class, and what it means for politics, the economy, etc.
    Indeed.

• Options

I'm worried we've lost your vote BigG...
    I think the cult that you follow that was formally known as the Labour Party has lost the possible votes of many people that would vote for it if it was not led by a numpty
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,947
    AndyJS said:

O/T

An interesting read IMO:

"As Western civilization declines or at least frays at the edges, the ways our culture has developed to deal with the gap in the attractiveness distribution are receding and dying. Young people enter the equality-inducing institution of monogamy later and later or not at all, spending more time in a chaotically unequal polygynous dating world. Monogamy itself is weaker, as divorce becomes easier and even married people often report encountering “dead bedrooms” in which one or both spouses feel no obligation to give a partner who they do not regard as sufficiently attractive access to sexual experiences. Religious belief is in constant decline, and with it declines the belief in the dignity of celibacy or the importance of anything other than hedonism (sexual or otherwise). Even fairy tales that for centuries helped us understand how to live charitably with each other are disavowed and cultural tastemakers like Time Magazine and the BBC denigrate them as sexist.

The result of these cultural changes is that the highly unequal social structures of the prehistoric savanna homo sapiens are reasserting themselves, and with them the dissatisfactions of the unattractive “sexually underprivileged” majority are coming back. It is ironic that the progressives who cheer on the decline of religion and the weakening of “outdated” institutions like monogamy are actually acting as the ultimate reactionaries, returning us to the oldest and most barbaric, unequal animal social structures that have ever existed. In this case it is the conservatives who are cheering for the progressive ideal of “sexual income redistribution” through a novel invention: monogamy."

Sounds utter incel bollocks to me.
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,936
    AndyJS said:

O/T

An interesting read IMO:

Houellebecq predicted all of this twenty five years ago in his first book, dealing with a completely free market in the dating economy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/12/books/review/michael-houellebecqs-sexual-distopia.html
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    My MP (Justin Madders) among the 18 who voted against a referendum.
  • Options

Doesn't the Powell amendment weaken the Benn amendment? If they only won by three I think that suggests Benn will be carried.
    The Powell amendment limited any extension to June 30 and was intended to increase support for the Benn amendment.
  • Options
    blueblueblueblue Posts: 875

They are a f***ing disgrace. Corbyn is the biggest liar in the history of lying toe-rag lefties
    Oooh, is there a position opening up for him in Venezuela?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,029

The Powell amendment limited any extension to June 30 and was intended to increase support for the Benn amendment.
    Did Benn vote for it?
  • Options
    kyf_100 said:

AndyJS said:

O/T

An interesting read IMO:

Houellebecq predicted all of this twenty five years ago in his first book, dealing with a completely free market in the dating economy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/12/books/review/michael-houellebecqs-sexual-distopia.html
    Can't wait to read his new one. Very annoyed it is not being translated until this autumn.
  • Options
    What votes are left this evening?

Just tuned in
  • Options
    If you are a Leaver it is imo entirely plausible to say you voted to Leave and all the chaos and potential damage to the UK is fine because any version of Leave is better than any version of Remain. Included in their thought process was a range of outcomes of which our current one is one such.

The Tyndall line if I have it correctly.

What I find absolutely unbelievable is the Leavers who are amazed at the current situation and moan that it shouldn’t have been like this and this isn’t what was supposed to happen. That is naivety on a grand scale and that is putting it politely.
  • Options

If Corbyn can't be ahead in the polls for best leader now, I think Trump stands a greater chance of winning Humble Human of the Year than Corbyn stands of becoming PM. Corbyn is a cretin of monumental proportions and the electorate know it. Michael Foot, donkey jacket an all would be miles ahead of Theresa May, but Corbyn? the man is a joke.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

If you are a Leaver it is imo entirely plausible to say you voted to Leave and all the chaos and potential damage to the UK is fine because any version of Leave is better than any version of Remain. Included in their thought process was a range of outcomes of which our current one is one such.

What I find absolutely unbelievable is the Leavers who are amazed at the current situation and moan that it shouldn’t have been like this and this isn’t what was supposed to happen. That is naivety on a grand scale and that is putting it politely.

I admit that I am amazed at the behaviour of people like Christopher Chope, Mark Francois, Andrea Jenkyns. I thought that they would be willing to take Yes for an answer.
  • Options
    blueblue said:

Oooh, is there a position opening up for him in Venezuela?
    +1 He is the only man that could make the situation there worse!
  • Options

If Corbyn can't be ahead in the polls for best leader now, I think Trump stands a greater chance of winning Humble Human of the Year than Corbyn stands of becoming PM. Corbyn is a cretin of monumental proportions and the electorate know it. Michael Foot, donkey jacket an all would be miles ahead of Theresa May, but Corbyn? the man is a joke.
    You are underestimating him again.

Extraordinary how many times his opponents make the same mistake
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754
    TOPPING said:

Im amazed at the current situation

the economy is growing, employment is at an all time high, London retains its top spot in finance, wages are increasing and the public finances are the best they have been for over decade.

we have politicians who arent fit for purpose but thats been the case for decades and Brexit is simply ome of those things which has flushed it out.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,987
    Dead heat?
  • Options
    Benn defeated.
  • Options
    May taking back control..
  • Options
    Wow 314 - 312 TM by 2
  • Options
    Benn fails - 312 to 314
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,987
    312 to 314!
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    TOPPING said:

Sure, people shouldn’t have expected parliament to actually do what it was told by the public.
  • Options
    Lol we wont agree anything but we don't want to do anything
  • Options
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077
    So what the hell happens now?
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    We're spared the spectactle of MPs all failing to agree on the different Brexit options then.
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

312 to 314!

LOL!. MP's are showing that there is a majority against every single course of action.
  • Options
    What a survivor - Theresa May
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    Lock the doors and set fire to parliament. They get out when they agree on a route forward.
  • Options

You are deluding yourself. It is quite sweet really, that someone could be so taken in by a politician. I wish I had your sort of faith in a politician.
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited March 2019
    Sean_F said:

TOPPING said:

I admit that I am amazed at the behaviour of people like Christopher Chope, Mark Francois, Andrea Jenkyns. I thought that they would be willing to take Yes for an answer.
    As Raphael Behr has written well, many people have refused to accept that Brexit would have to be a process, rather than a permanent "cause". Once the cause had to turned into a process by necessity, it was no longer the absolute, pure, thing and cause, leaving people either to withdraw from it, or persist with the illusion of purer moral certainty being located somewhere just over the hill.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,046
    TOPPING said:

Well there's plenty of PBers amazed at the behaviour of the ERG.

Perhaps those PBers who are members of the Conservative party should have warned the country that many of their MPs are nutters.
  • Options

It seems utterly incredible, but I am beginning to think she might get MV3 or 4 through.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Artist said:

As if MPs are gonna pass up the chance to give themselves the power to shape Brexit.

I will be surprised if the answer will be yes. But I am sure all those people who claim the government must listen to parliament will listen to parliament on that, if they do want to pass on it.
  • Options

He has this quality that people forget that he is more formidable than he looks. Becoming PM is still not easy for him, but it not as far away as it might seem.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754
    Sean_F said:

Barnesian said:

312 to 314!

LOL!. MP's are showing that there is a majority against every single course of action.
    they really are prats

I often wonder if they have any idea of what damage this is doing to them
  • Options

It seems utterly incredible, but I am beginning to think she might get MV3 or 4 through.
    It is beginning to look like it
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,046
    Sean_F said:

Barnesian said:

312 to 314!

General election.
This discussion has been closed.