Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Tories get wiped out in the East Midlands, Yorkshire & The

SystemSystem Posts: 11,019
edited May 2019 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Tories get wiped out in the East Midlands, Yorkshire & The Humber, The South West, and Wales

EAST MIDLANDS DECLARED

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited May 2019
    First...unlike Labour or Tories.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    2 hard to keep up
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,745
    Third. Like the...Greens?
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    edited May 2019
    LDEM + GREEN currently higher than BXP and yet Francois talks of the "British people speaking clearly".

Complete joke.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,114
    Any Tory or Labour MP with a pulse should have known this was coming down the pike, the moment these elections were confirmed. Their very existence is at best an acknowledgement that our politicians in Westminster have been inept - at worst an acknowledgment that they have conspired to prevent any type of Brexit.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,120
    Bluey-green parties still ahead of the others (provided you include purple).
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,194
    edited May 2019
    Scott_P said:
    Don't worry, the ship's unsinkable. Now move my deck chair. It seems to have slid towards the bow for some reason.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,725
    Labour to make it to double figures of seats, or have they just lost out? Those couple they squeaked ahead of the LDs could be psycologically crucial, since they should be double that of the Tories, when it might have been only a couple.

Well done Greens.

Tories aiming for 4 at best.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    > @TheWhiteRabbit said:
    > > @SouthamObserver said:
    > > https://twitter.com/europeelects/status/1132781828601991174?s=21
    >
    > Only 62%?

Missing the results from two of the largest English regions (NW & SE,) plus Scotland.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    > @MarqueeMark said:
    > Any Tory or Labour MP with a pulse should have known this was coming down the pike, the moment these elections were confirmed. Their very existence is at best an acknowledgement that our politicians in Westminster have been inept - at worst an acknowledgment that they have conspired to prevent any type of Brexit.

550+ MPs have been told their parties are utter crap.

Seismic.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited May 2019
    Plaid Cymru: win for the Brexit Party is good news for us because it means Labour didn't win. Interesting logic.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,274
    Overall and despite BXP topping the poll, Leave is clearly in retreat compared to 2014, however you cut the numbers.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Brexit party still trailing Revoke petition. Could be close though.
  • Options
    notme2notme2 Posts: 1,006
    > @Gallowgate said:
    > LDEM + GREEN currently higher than BXP and yet Francois talks of the "British people speaking clearly".
    >
    > Complete joke.

“Let’s add up those columns we don’t like and ignore all the others”
  • Options

> @Scott_P said:

>

No difficulty there. The Tories need to represent one or the other. Either exit properly or don't bother.
    Pretending they could unify the positions within the party just paralysed them. It is paralysing Labour to a lesser degree.

It may well be that neither can win outright by definitively choosing one extreme or another, but they will not really move forward until they do so and take the hit if that is what it requires.
  • Options
    > @Black_Rook said:
    > > @TheWhiteRabbit said:
    > > > @SouthamObserver said:
    > > > https://twitter.com/europeelects/status/1132781828601991174?s=21
    > >
    > > Only 62%?
    >
    > Missing the results from two of the largest English regions (NW & SE,) plus Scotland.

I'm hopeful the Brexit Party will get 29.99% after Northern Ireland is added.
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819
    kle4 said:

Labour to make it to double figures of seats, or have they just lost out? Those couple they squeaked ahead of the LDs could be psycologically crucial, since they should be double that of the Tories, when it might have been only a couple.

Well done Greens.

Tories aiming for 4 at best.

In the end CHUK did more damage to the LDs in their short political lifetime than they did to Labour, taking enough LD votes to deny them of seats and let Labour hang on.

Corbyn should send a thank you note to Chuka.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    > @Gallowgate said:
    > LDEM + GREEN currently higher than BXP and yet Francois talks of the "British people speaking clearly".
    >
    > Complete joke.

BXP+UKIP > LD+Green

BXP + Tory + UKIP > LD + Green + Nationalists.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    Greens currently 1% behind Labour.

Likely to rise, but not nesssarily by very much
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,836
    > @IanB2 said:
    > Overall and despite BXP topping the poll, Leave is clearly in retreat compared to 2014, however you cut the numbers.

The Conservatives were not a Leave party in 2014, although slightly more than half their voters were.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    > @IanB2 said:
    > Overall and despite BXP topping the poll, Leave is clearly in retreat compared to 2014, however you cut the numbers.

Erm, no.

It is not possible to apportion the surviving supporters of the muddle parties to one side or the other.
  • Options

Any Tory or Labour MP with a pulse should have known this was coming down the pike, the moment these elections were confirmed. Their very existence is at best an acknowledgement that our politicians in Westminster have been inept - at worst an acknowledgment that they have conspired to prevent any type of Brexit.

True enough, but the latter may get their reward in the end, whereas those who wanted an orderly exit will not.
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819
    Heidi Allen didn't even seem to care about CHUKs poor showing, she's clearly already defected in spirit to the LDs. Will the rest follow?
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    Italy looks like

Lega 32-33%
    PD 21-22
    5 Stars 19
    FI 8-9
    FdI 5-6
  • Options
    edited May 2019

BXP+UKIP > LD+Green

BXP + Tory + UKIP > LD + Green + Nationalists.

And? My point is that it isn't "clear" at all. Nothing about this is clear.
  • Options
    What principles? It's Adonis you're talking about!
  • Options
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

> @IanB2 said:

The Conservatives were not a Leave party in 2014, although slightly more than half their voters were.

Indeed. But whatever assumption you make about Tory and Labour voters - significant proportions of which would have been leavers - there’s a significant leave to remain swing since 2014 in these results.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,120
    > @IanB2 said:

Certainly the results don't suggest No Deal has the support of more than about a third of the electorate - or indeed as much support as Revoke.

A problem for Boris Johnson, I'd have thought.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    IanB2 said:

Sean_F said:

> @IanB2 said:

Indeed. But whatever assumption you make about Tory and Labour voters - significant proportions of which would have been leavers - there’s a significant leave to remain swing since 2014 in these results.
    Sadly the simplistic coverage will not pick up on this.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,815
    Love how a massive win for the Breexit Party is currently being spun as the nation running into the loving bosom of the EU! :D
  • Options
    > @AndyJS said:
    > Map now available:
    >
    > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48403131

This is what I don't get. We've had the East of England results for an hour, and yet large swathes are blank
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,962
    > @IanB2 said:

Well, a lot of them probably said "fuck it". If there is another referendum, they may be more motivated.
  • Options
    Looks like it's going to be touch and go as to whether the Brexit Party gets 30% in the UK.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

> @Black_Rook said:

> > >

> >

> > Only 62%?

>

> Missing the results from two of the largest English regions (NW & SE,) plus Scotland.

NI accounts for about 2.5% and a third of 2.5% is 0.8%, so BXP should drop by about that much when NI is added in
  • Options
    TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,708
    My local results:

Liverpool (North West) result:

Lab: 41.4% (-10.4)
    Brex: 18.9% (+18.9)
    LDem: 17.2% (+12.2)
    Grn: 15.7% (+5.4)
    UKIP: 2.3% (-18.6)
    Con: 2.1% (-5.0)

Not quite CON gain Bootle I'm afraid.
  • Options
    kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456
    > @Black_Rook said:
    > > @IanB2 said:
    > > Overall and despite BXP topping the poll, Leave is clearly in retreat compared to 2014, however you cut the numbers.
    >
    > Erm, no.
    >
    > It is not possible to apportion the surviving supporters of the muddle parties to one side or the other.

Spot on
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,925
    WIn for remain in terms of %s but Brexit on a FPTP basis...
  • Options
    Which region is up next ?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    None for Labour?

Surely terminal for Richard Leonard if so?
  • Options
    From declared councils... Hannan might get 9th or 10th place
  • Options
    AndyJS said:
    For my area

Wiltshire, South West

The Brexit Party
    Share %35.8(+35.8)
    Liberal Democrats
    Share %25.1(+15.0)
    Green
    Share %16.3(+6.5)
    Conservative
    Share %11.3(-24.2)
    Labour
    Share %4.2(-5.7)
    Change UK
    Share %3.2(+3.2)
    UKIP
    Share %3.2(-28.2)
    English Democrats
    Share %0.6(-0.4)
    Neville Seed
    Share %0.2(+0.2)
    Larch Maxey
    Share %0.1(+0.1)
    Mothiur Rahman
    Share %0.0(+0.0)

Did Mr Rahman literally get 0, or are they rounding down?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

WIn for remain in terms of %s but Brexit on a FPTP basis...

Good job FPTP has no relevance at all in this election.
  • Options
    StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    > @Scott_P said:
    > https://twitter.com/holyroodmandy/status/1132783509322510338

If Scons are happy with 12% of the vote then fine by me. I can remember the dark days when my party was at 14%. We weren’t remotely happy. It made us tough, it made us listen and it made us work.

Roll up yer sleeves Ruth. You’ve got a Boris to beat.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

> @Black_Rook said:

> > >

> >

> > Only 62%?

>

Will they settle on UK or GB share? You know what they're like... :(
  • Options
    > @viewcode said:
    > > @Black_Rook said:
    >
    > > > @TheWhiteRabbit said:
    >
    > > > > @SouthamObserver said:
    >
    > > > > https://twitter.com/europeelects/status/1132781828601991174
    >
    >
    >
    > > >
    >
    > > > Only 62%?
    >
    > >
    >
    > > Missing the results from two of the largest English regions (NW & SE,) plus Scotland.
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm hopeful the Brexit Party will get 29.99% after Northern Ireland is added.
    >
    > Will they settle on UK or GB share? You know what they're like... :(

Supposed to be UK, someone on here said yesterday.
  • Options
    > @Scott_P said:
    > https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1132784234622521344

Still voting for the donkeys with the red rosettes in Liverpool, if nowhere else.
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited May 2019
    I'm finding it very hard to see how anyone can read a broad remain/leave result into these results other than a broad rejection of no-deal. The only party representing no-deal - so far - has simply failed to get anything like a workable national majority.

That seems like one of the only clear conclusions from this, but if the Tories will be determined to elect Boris on a no-deal ticket, then that's what I suppose they'll do.
  • Options
    > @AndyJS said:
    > Looks like it's going to be touch and go as to whether the Brexit Party gets 30% in the UK.

Looks like they'll scrape it, whilst Labour should now avoid being overtaken by the Greens.

Another tremendous victory for Corbyn.
  • Options
    > @RobD said:
    > > @IanB2 said:
    > > Overall and despite BXP topping the poll, Leave is clearly in retreat compared to 2014, however you cut the numbers.
    >
    > Well, a lot of them probably said "fuck it". If there is another referendum, they may be more motivated.

Indeed. Many Leave voters have never voted in EU elections and weren't about to start now when we should already have left the EU.

To me it looks like the country is still virtually split 50/50 and another referendum really could go either way and would probably be 52/48 again....
  • Options
    > @TheWhiteRabbit said:
    > From declared councils... Hannan might get 9th or 10th place

Pretty much what we expected. He was always going to be elected.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    GIN1138 said:

Love how a massive win for the Breexit Party is currently being spun as the nation running into the loving bosom of the EU! :D

Entirely predictable spinning.

To me it looks like the country is still quite evenly divided, maybe Remain has a small edge, but more polarised than ever. There is no easy way out of this, and I think that either of the extreme options of No Deal or Revoke would be dangerous.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,836
    > @IanB2 said:
    > > @IanB2 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The Conservatives were not a Leave party in 2014, although slightly more than half their voters were.
    >
    > Indeed. But whatever assumption you make about Tory and Labour voters - significant proportions of which would have been leavers - there’s a significant leave to remain swing since 2014 in these results.

People were assuring me five years ago, on this forum, that 70% of the vote had gone to pro-EU parties.
  • Options
    Widders bonkersing it up on Sky News .. Thornberry now on..
  • Options
    kjohnw said:

> @Black_Rook said:

> > @IanB2 said:

>

> Erm, no.

>

> It is not possible to apportion the surviving supporters of the muddle parties to one side or the other.

Spot on

Of course not. But if you take a range of different educated guesses and, whichever you choose, the result comes out the same, you can safely conclude that leave support has dropped regardless of how the muddle parties break. In reality I suspect things are worse for leave as my bet would be most of the remaining Tories are remainers.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,989
    > @AndreaParma_82 said:
    >
    > Italy looks like
    >
    > Lega 32-33%
    > PD 21-22
    > 5 Stars 19
    > FI 8-9
    > FdI 5-6

Salvini and Lega landslide in Italy then
  • Options
    StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    > @ydoethur said:
    > https://twitter.com/nickeardleybbc/status/1132784996417232897
    >
    >
    >
    > None for Labour?
    >
    > Surely terminal for Richard Leonard if so?

A shame. I liked him. I really, really, really liked him. He was even better than Jim Murphy.
  • Options

From declared councils... Hannan might get 9th or 10th place

Looking at the results from last time the Tories have been wiped out in most places they had 2 seats before, so were lucky to hold theone inthe West Midlands, got one in East of England where they did have 3 seats, so should win 1 in SE too, and Scotland is its own beast as ever.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,930
    > @glw said:
    > Love how a massive win for the Breexit Party is currently being spun as the nation running into the loving bosom of the EU! :D
    >
    > Entirely predictable spinning.
    >
    >
    > To me it looks like the country is still quite evenly divided, maybe Remain has a small edge, but more polarised than ever. There is no easy way out of this, and I think that either of the extreme options of No Deal or Revoke would be dangerous.

It’s going to come to that - or a referendum.
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949
    Are the Greens definitely going to clear 12%? I think it's going to be really close but then Northern Ireland will drag them just below.
  • Options
    > @viewcode said:
    > > @Black_Rook said:
    >
    > > > @TheWhiteRabbit said:
    >
    > > > > @SouthamObserver said:
    >
    > > > > https://twitter.com/europeelects/status/1132781828601991174
    >
    >
    >
    > > >
    >
    > > > Only 62%?
    >
    > >
    >
    > > Missing the results from two of the largest English regions (NW & SE,) plus Scotland.
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm hopeful the Brexit Party will get 29.99% after Northern Ireland is added.
    >
    > Will they settle on UK or GB share? You know what they're like... :(

UK share for Betfair, should be UK share for Ladbrokes too.
  • Options
    Thornberry has been got at - now changing her tune on Sky - all about a GE.
  • Options
    BBC Scotland projection: SNP 3 seats (38%,) Brexit 1 seat (15%,) LD 1 seat (14%,) Con 1 seat (12%)

Labour projected to finish 5th with 9%, 1pt only ahead of the Greens
  • Options
    > @TGOHF said:
    > Thornberry has been got at - now changing her tune on Sky - all about a GE.

Seamus been on the blower?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Pulpstar said:

viewcode said:

UK share for Betfair, should be UK share for Ladbrokes too.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,328
    At least Adonis has to go home with his tail between his legs tonight.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    Brexit Party 2016:: 52%
    Brexit Party 2019:
    Sean_F said:

> @IanB2 said:

> > @IanB2 said:

>

>

>

>

> The Conservatives were not a Leave party in 2014, although slightly more than half their voters were.

>

> Indeed. But whatever assumption you make about Tory and Labour voters - significant proportions of which would have been leavers - there’s a significant leave to remain swing since 2014 in these results.

People were assuring me five years ago, on this forum, that 70% of the vote had gone to pro-EU parties.

Sean_F said:

> @IanB2 said:

> > @IanB2 said:

>

>

>

>

>

It’s fair to say there’s been a swing from Remain to Leave since 2014. But the tide is receding compared to 2016.
  • Options
    Disastrous for Scottish Labour.
  • Options
    > @TGOHF said:
    > Thornberry has been got at - now changing her tune on Sky - all about a GE.

Lady Emily looked very, very cross on the BBC :D
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,989
    edited May 2019
    > @IanB2 said:

On what grounds? Cameron's Tories were pro Remain in 2014 the Tories are now pro Leave.

UKIP got just 27% in 2014, Brexit Party plus UKIP plus Tories on 44% tonight
  • Options
    > @StuartDickson said:
    > > @ydoethur said:
    > > https://twitter.com/nickeardleybbc/status/1132784996417232897
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > None for Labour?
    > >
    > > Surely terminal for Richard Leonard if so?
    >
    > A shame. I liked him. I really, really, really liked him. He was even better than Jim Murphy.

Could yet manage it, I think, taking the SNP's third. But unlikely as most councils in.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    > @kle4 said:
    > > @Scott_P said:
    >
    > > https://twitter.com/annemcelvoy/status/1132782100904652800
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No difficulty there. The Tories need to represent one or the other. Either exit properly or don't bother.
    >
    > Pretending they could unify the positions within the party just paralysed them. It is paralysing Labour to a lesser degree.
    >
    > It may well be that neither can win outright by definitively choosing one extreme or another, but they will not really move forward until they do so and take the hit if that is what it requires.

Precisely. People make out like "compromise" or being in the "middle" is automatically right or the recipe for success. Often it is but sometimes its the worst possible option.

If the M6 is freely-flowing then whether you go 70mph Southbound or 70mph Northbound is rather irrelevant, you will be OK either way. If you hesitate, stall, prevaricate and stop on the motorway undecided whether to go North or South you are likely to be in an accident. If you stand there in the middle of the road as a hapless pedestrian watching the vehicles go past you'll get ran over.

Pick a direction of travel and go. In or out.
  • Options

At least Adonis has to go home with his tail between his legs tonight.

He was second on the Labour list, in a region that is hardly fertile picking for them - I don't think he ever had much chance.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,930
    > @GIN1138 said:
    > Love how a massive win for the Breexit Party is currently being spun as the nation running into the loving bosom of the EU! :D

It’s a strong rejection of No Deal.
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    > @AndyJS said:
    > Looks like it's going to be touch and go as to whether the Brexit Party gets 30% in the UK.

Plenty of strong areas to be added yet based on BBC's map.
  • Options
    > @IanB2 said:
    > > @Black_Rook said:
    >
    > > > @IanB2 said:
    >
    > > > Overall and despite BXP topping the poll, Leave is clearly in retreat compared to 2014, however you cut the numbers.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > Erm, no.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > It is not possible to apportion the surviving supporters of the muddle parties to one side or the other.
    >
    >
    >
    > Spot on
    >
    > Of course not. But if you take a range of different educated guesses and, whichever you choose, the result comes out the same, you can safely conclude that leave support has dropped regardless of how the muddle parties break. In reality I suspect things are worse for leave as my bet would be most of the remaining Tories are remainers.

Most of the remaining Tories are more likely supporters of May's Deal. Apart from blind loyalty/robotic voting, there is no other reason left to back the Conservatives in this particular election.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

> @kle4 said:

> > @Scott_P said:

>

> >

>

>

>

>

>

> No difficulty there. The Tories need to represent one or the other. Either exit properly or don't bother.

>

> Pretending they could unify the positions within the party just paralysed them. It is paralysing Labour to a lesser degree.

>

> It may well be that neither can win outright by definitively choosing one extreme or another, but they will not really move forward until they do so and take the hit if that is what it requires.

Precisely. People make out like "compromise" or being in the "middle" is automatically right or the recipe for success. Often it is but sometimes its the worst possible option.

If the M6 is freely-flowing then whether you go 70mph Southbound or 70mph Northbound is rather irrelevant, you will be OK either way. If you hesitate, stall, prevaricate and stop on the motorway undecided whether to go North or South you are likely to be in an accident. If you stand there in the middle of the road as a hapless pedestrian watching the vehicles go past you'll get ran over.

Pick a direction of travel and go. In or out.
    Personally I like compromise, I'm probably inclined to go for it even when it is not the best option (I do try to recognise the true point that oftentimes the middle between two extremes is right, but it is not always so, as you suggest), but in the situation the parties find themselves the time for that compromise was some time ago, internally and externally.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

It’s going to come to that - or a referendum.

A referendum doesn't solve anything, the divisions would still be there. Remain getting 55% and calling the whole thing off doesn't fix things. What we need is a deal that a clear majority of the population around the centre ground can support.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,939
    > @IanB2 said:
    > > @Black_Rook said:
    >
    > > > @IanB2 said:
    >
    > > > Overall and despite BXP topping the poll, Leave is clearly in retreat compared to 2014, however you cut the numbers.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > Erm, no.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > It is not possible to apportion the surviving supporters of the muddle parties to one side or the other.
    >
    >
    >
    > Spot on
    >
    > Of course not. But if you take a range of different educated guesses and, whichever you choose, the result comes out the same, you can safely conclude that leave support has dropped regardless of how the muddle parties break. In reality I suspect things are worse for leave as my bet would be most of the remaining Tories are remainers.

You would be completely wrong. Just look at the microcosm on here. At least 3 very sttong Leave supporters didnt vote for TBP. There are also many Leave supporyers who refused to vote in these elections on principle.

As i said on here several days ago, anyone trying to gauge the public view on Remain vs Leave based on these elections is on a fools errand.
  • Options
    ByronicByronic Posts: 3,578
    edited May 2019
    > @IanB2 said:
    > Overall and despite BXP topping the poll, Leave is clearly in retreat compared to 2014, however you cut the numbers. <

+++++

I've been crunching the maths, and I think you are right.

The vote has been massively polarised, but Remain is, now, significantly ahead. Even, e.g, in Brexity Wales.

The other fact is, Leavers have flocked to one flag - Nigel! - and the Remainers have fragmented. So it looks like a Leaver victory, but it isn't, if you dig down.

The challenge is for Remainers to find one single party to represent their cause, otherwise they are doomed, despite being the plurality (at least of voters).
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    AndyJS said:

viewcode said:

Supposed to be UK, someone on here said yesterday.
    Thank you

• Options
    Bradley Wiggins could win the TDF in reverse if he back-pedalled half as fast as Thornberry on Sky from 2 hrs ago.

Her phone must have been on fire.
This discussion has been closed.