Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Gove’s white lines are a red line for a majority of the electo

Comments

• Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,870
    edited June 2019

The old ones are the best(worst). Stick to your drug confessions and zany 'cancel VAT' schemes, Govey.

https://twitter.com/MrJohnNicolson/status/1137657847481810946

Between that and Javid lying through his teeth on Sophy, the clown said Ruth was an election winner despite the fact the Tories have been also rans forever.
    These people are not right in the tattie.
    PS: Nicholson is a right tool, been wittering on about SNP failing broadband coverage when it is a retained power and responsibility of Westminster, they are pig thick as well as out and out liars.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,198

The current Tory leadership race is the best possible advertisement against drug use ever devised. Look what taking cocaine, cannabis, opium and the rest has done to the contenders' brains and judgement.

Actually, I would say it has been a stunning advert for opium. There is only one candidate who talks as if governing has some responsibility to the truth and rationality.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,054
    malcolmg said:

These people are not right in the tattie.

:lol:
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Well if I was a Con member I’d vote for Gove after that Marr performance.
  • Options

The old ones are the best(worst). Stick to your drug confessions and zany 'cancel VAT' schemes, Govey.

Sturgeons status vs 2019 Westminster politicians far better than Salmonds was in 2016 vs Cameron. Indeed plenty of floating voters would accept Corbyn plus Sturgeon but be petrified of a Corbyn outright majority.
    Damn right.

Gove getting desperate now.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,140

JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

Hunt gives a calm, measured and assured performance on Sky News. He is the complete antithesis of Boris.

He was clam and assured, but still talking unicorns. And, as Ridge pointed out, he has had more Brexit positions than there are days in the year.

A slight over-egging of the pudding there .... :smile: .. That said if the evidence changes I'm not concerned that a politician changes their view.

Like the other contenders in the race, Hunt is guided solely by personal ambition. His consistency in changing position is certainly understandable given that.

Senior politicians show ambition shocker ....

In other news Tottenham Hotspur fail to win trophy shocker .... :wink:

Anyone who has spent time watching the Conservative party knows that it is home to more than its fair share of self-centred chancers who put themselves before the country. Just as anyone who supports Spurs knows that defeat is built into the equation.

Yawn.

Both you and Jonathan are never more boring than when you get onto your partisan stick.
    It is gratifying that PB Tories are never partisan and only ever post through the prism of impartiality.
  • Options
    NormNorm Posts: 1,251
    edited June 2019
    TGOHF said:

I tend to the opposite view - Gove is sunk. His best pitch now is for CoE.
  • Options

Gove getting the tone wrong, not sure he can seriously continue.

Would never expect the pompous little twerp to understand he needs to eat humble pie and not keep assuming he is better than everybody else.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    I think the public are generally very forgiving of past mistakes .

But won’t have much time for hypocrisy . The past cocaine use he could have overcome but I think he’s done for now .

I expect Hunt now will end up in the top two and will be soundly beaten in the membership vote but will be ready to pick up the pieces when Bozo implodes after his fantasy EU plan hits reality .
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,925

JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

Hunt gives a calm, measured and assured performance on Sky News. He is the complete antithesis of Boris.

He was clam and assured, but still talking unicorns. And, as Ridge pointed out, he has had more Brexit positions than there are days in the year.

A slight over-egging of the pudding there .... :smile: .. That said if the evidence changes I'm not concerned that a politician changes their view.

Like the other contenders in the race, Hunt is guided solely by personal ambition. His consistency in changing position is certainly understandable given that.

Senior politicians show ambition shocker ....

In other news Tottenham Hotspur fail to win trophy shocker .... :wink:

Anyone who has spent time watching the Conservative party knows that it is home to more than its fair share of self-centred chancers who put themselves before the country. Just as anyone who supports Spurs knows that defeat is built into the equation.

Yawn.

Both you and Jonathan are never more boring than when you get onto your partisan stick.

Ha, ha!!

• Options
    TGOHF said:

Harry, next you will be admitting the Pope is a Catholic and saying Attila the Hun did not start the Tory Party
  • Options
    nico67 said:

But won’t have much time for hypocrisy . The past cocaine use he could have overcome but I think he’s done for now .

I expect Hunt now will end up in the top two and will be soundly beaten in the membership vote but will be ready to pick up the pieces when Bozo implodes after his fantasy EU plan hits reality .

Hoist by his own petard, it could not have happened to a nicer fellow.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,105

If any of his backers change to someone else, that will be the sign.....
  • Options
    nico67 said:

The public and the Tory party electorate are two very different things, though. Gove's current problems with the first will be exacerbated by his total hypocrisy, but it is the lack of No Deal zeal that is likely to be fatal with the latter.

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    "Gove brought in law to ban teachers for life for cocaine use"

https://order-order.com/2019/06/09/gove-brought-law-ban-teachers-life-cocaine-use/
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,187

Why do labour keep rolling out Barry Gardiner. He is clueless

Can't believe you said that. Good brain, strong on policy, relatively honest for a politician, and a heart of gold.

Pity he has no chance of making the final two.
  • Options
    Have to say I never expected to be enjoying the Tory Leadership (sic ) race , crooks and comic singers abound, never short of a good laugh at the state of the contenders and their pathetic attempts at bribing the nasties members with promises of giving them tax cuts, lower IHT and any other gift they can throw in. Like watching a pack of hyenas share a carcass.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    The moral high ground sought by some Labour members on here is great to see, as if it's any different for senior Labour MPs. The idea that any of our MPs haven't done a line or smoked a bit of weed at least once in their life defies the reality of Westminster.

Most MPs are white and middle class, to not have done a line at least once would be a bigger shock, IMO.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

https://order-order.com/2019/06/09/gove-brought-law-ban-teachers-life-cocaine-use/

He's f**ked now isn't he?
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,150

Very meaty analysis by Ashcroft - we've had some of the charts shown here but it's worth reading the whole thing. Not entirely welcome to most of us, but intriguing.

https://us4.campaign-archive.com/?e=99cd3aa6df&u=7c92abe0d0d9432cf9c5b98c9&id=70101d1a72) .

Yes, quality analysis. No surprise, but clear patterns extracted from the data.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited June 2019

If any of his backers change to someone else, that will be the sign.....
    These are Gove's current backers:

Peter Aldous, Richard Bacon, Kemi Badenoch, Jack Brereton, Alberto Costa,
    David Duguid, George Eustice, Michael Fabricant, George Freeman,
    Nick Gibb, Luke Graham, Bill Grant, Trudy Harrison,
    John Hayes, Kevin Hollinrake, Stephen Kerr, Edward Leigh, Oliver Letwin,
    Rachel Maclean, Mark Menzies, Anne Milton, Nicky Morgan,
    Bob Neill, Guy Opperman, Neil Parish, Claire Perry, Bob Seely,
    John Stevenson, Mel Stride, Tom Tugendhat, Ed Vaizey, Giles Watling.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Oh dear . That really is the final nail in the coffin .
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Will Boris turn up for the tv debate ?

How can anyone support him if he doesn’t ?

I’m not surprised his goons are trying to get Gove out before the debates...
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,881
    edited June 2019
    Floater said:
    How does someone who’s nothing to do with the campaign end up at the count?

How does a party let someone with a conviction for election fraud anywhere near the count?

Sounds like someone is collecting evidence here, reports of voters turning up to be told they’d voted by post already appear very, err, Tower Hamlets-esque?
  • Options

AndyJS said:

He's f**ked now isn't he?
    Wonder when someone will report him to the rozzers, or if they will be as keen to turn up on his doorstep as quickly as they do for someone accused of offending someone with a text message.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Will Boris turn up for the tv debate ?

How can anyone support him if he doesn’t ?

I’m not surprised his goons are trying to get Gove out before the debates...

Boris will turn up to the debates. It's the one arena he does well in, it's policy detail and actually doing the work where he's shit.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,331

Sturgeons status vs 2019 Westminster politicians far better than Salmonds was in 2016 vs Cameron. Indeed plenty of floating voters would accept Corbyn plus Sturgeon but be petrified of a Corbyn outright majority.
    There's something in that, I expect (and the same goes for "dependent on LibDems"). The old "coalition of chaos" line isn't going to work either any more, since the Conservatives have bene providing a more chaotic coalition than we could possibly imagine.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,710

kle4 said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

And yet he criticised no deal, which harms his ambition in the second portion of the contest, should he get that far.

Like Rory Stewart, Hunt is smart enough to know that there is going to be another Conservative party leadership election pretty soon after this one. Having been right about the absolute disaster a No Deal will be is going to be a pre-requisite for having a chance in that fight.

There was polling somewhere showing Stewart equal tops with Boris for next PM, with the public at large. Not bad for a politician no-one had heard of a few weeks ago
  • Options

There's something in that, I expect (and the same goes for "dependent on LibDems"). The old "coalition of chaos" line isn't going to work either any more, since the Conservatives have bene providing a more chaotic coalition than we could possibly imagine.
    Indeed. And they have barely begun. Wait until May has to remain PM because they have elected a leader who the Queen has been informed is unlikely to command a majority.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,187
    TGOHF said:

I thought you were a member.

Just goes to show never assume. It makes an ass out of u and me. Well, just me in this case.

Why aren't you though? Being a member is a chance to play an active part in the development of a centre right offering that can meet the challenges of the early 21st century. It's sorely needed. Labour and the Left are winning the battle of ideas hands down atm.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

The moral high ground sought by some Labour members on here is great to see, as if it's any different for senior Labour MPs. The idea that any of our MPs haven't done a line or smoked a bit of weed at least once in their life defies the reality of Westminster.

Most MPs are white and middle class, to not have done a line at least once would be a bigger shock, IMO.

I’m a Labour voter and think people shouldn’t moralize , we’ve all done things we might have regretted.

My issue against Gove isn’t his cocaine use , its the vomit inducing hypocrisy since.

Game over for Gove , the interest now is who he decides to take down with him , Lady Macbeth won’t be happy and will want to exact some revenge .
  • Options

Yes bribing the DUP to help prop them up has blown any doubts that having a sane SNP as a reasonable partner could be bad. Good enough for both of them , hard to tell who is holding a long spoon and who is the devil between the Tories and the DUP, but Tories edge it.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

TGOHF said:

I thought you were a member.

Just goes to show never assume. It makes an ass out of u and me. Well, just me in this case.

Why aren't you though? Being a member is a chance to play an active part in the development of a centre right offering that can meet the challenges of the early 21st century. It's sorely needed. Labour and the Left are winning the battle of ideas hands down atm.
    Depends what day and the "Topic de Jour " is.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    Sandpit said:

Floater said:

How does a party let someone with a conviction for election fraud anywhere near the count?

Sounds like someone is collecting evidence here, reports of voters turning up to be told they’d voted by post already appear very, err, Tower Hamlets-esque?
    Good points. Whoever let him anywhere near the campaign, assuming they did and he is not just a chancer with a rosette, needs a stern talking-to. On the other hand, the allegations do seem a bit third or fourth hand, rather late in the day, and from a Conservative rather than Brexit Party source.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    Scott_P said:
    On a more practical note we can hardly have a PM whose eligibility for a US visa waiver is in doubt. He also can't be given a consolation prize of Foreign Office for the same reason, or Home Office or justice because hypocrisy.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,399
    nico67 said:

AndyJS said:

Stick a fork in him, he's done.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,847
    Gove was Johnson’s only credible rival.
    And he’s sunk...
  • Options
    I, for one, am shocked that leading Brexiteer Michael Gove has been exposed as a lying hypocrite.
    https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1137666873309503488
  • Options

nico67 said:

AndyJS said:

Stick a fork in him, he's done.
    LOL :smiley: Crackling
  • Options

I, for one, am shocked that leading Brexiteer Michael Gove has been exposed as a lying hypocrite.

Gove now a lay?
  • Options

Gove was Johnson’s only credible rival.
    And he’s sunk...

No one would beat Bozo . So effectively the leadership race is now a positioning of those who want a top job in the cabinet and who also are looking at longer term when Bozo has the shortest tenure of any Tory PM.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Scott_P said:
    On a more practical note we can hardly have a PM whose eligibility for a US visa waiver is in doubt. He also can't be given a consolation prize of Foreign Office for the same reason, or Home Office or justice because hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy - and lies.

• Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,149
    Ishmael_Z said:

Scott_P said:
    On a practical note, if he's PM somebody can get him a visa
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    The important question, now that Gove has blown up his own campaign, is whether he can still successfully derail BoZo.

Or not.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

The important question, now that Gove has blown up his own campaign, is whether he can still successfully derail BoZo.

Or not.

If he pulls down Boris then we get Raab, or possibly Leadsom. Shoot me now.
  • Options

Gove now a lay?
    Ha, one of Brexit's high priests now a layman.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,976
    Is it worth backing Rory?
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,732

Note the word petrified. When floating voters are petrified of your leader you have the wrong man. He is fortunate that the alternatives are almost equally terrible.

A Labour landslide is readily available if they ditch Corbyn. They could probably actually keep most of the Corbyn policies but change the tone, ditch the nastiness and anti-semitism and take away the concern that Corbyn is just the start of a marxist state.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Floater said:

Good points. Whoever let him anywhere near the campaign, assuming they did and he is not just a chancer with a rosette, needs a stern talking-to. On the other hand, the allegations do seem a bit third or fourth hand, rather late in the day, and from a Conservative rather than Brexit Party source.
    Remember that the BP’s idea of a ground game was manning a stall on the High St on Election Day, only Lab and Con really have boots on the ground in the town.

Some parts do seem a little vague, and the story is in the Mail so another pinch of salt there, but if there’s any evidence of ballot boxes getting stuffed that’s a worrying development. Big IF there, of course - although the presence of the convicted ballot box stuffer is probably a good starting point, even if circumstantial evidence at this stage.
  • Options

Gove now a lay?
    Only if you are really a desperate person
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Or not.

I don't think Gove could be seen knifing Boris or being complicit in such a knifing now. I think it's more likely he is exaggeratedly nice.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Or not.

Gove might have destroyed his credibility to the extent that no matter what he does, people will dismiss it. He'd already become a Remainer in the eyes of the One True Brexit contingent.
  • Options

Is it worth backing Rory?

MD, you have to even ask that question and you an educated man, as well throwing your money down the drain
  • Options

Ishmael_Z said:

Scott_P said:
    LOL.

I’d always assumed that a Privy Councillor would be able to get a diplomatic passport if one were requested?
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    malcolmg said:

Yes bribing the DUP to help prop them up has blown any doubts that having a sane SNP as a reasonable partner could be bad. Good enough for both of them , hard to tell who is holding a long spoon and who is the devil between the Tories and the DUP, but Tories edge it.
    I don't think many Brexit Party voters who want Britain to 'take back control' would be too keen on Scottish Nationalists holding the balance of power at Westminster.
  • Options
    The interest for me in this Tory leadership is around what numbers Stewart and Gymah get in the first round .
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Or not.

I don't think Gove could be seen knifing Boris or being complicit in such a knifing now. I think it's more likely he is exaggeratedly nice.
    He would do it in the back this time using a proxy, sure his wife will be consulting her cauldron as we speak.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,952
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Floater said:

Remember that the BP’s idea of a ground game was manning a stall on the High St on Election Day, only Lab and Con really have boots on the ground in the town.

(Snip)
    I think that's a little unfair on the BP (and I'm hardly a fan of theirs). A few weeks before the election, only UKIP and BP had any visible presence in the centre of Peterborough on a busy Saturday afternoon - and it was a large and happy presence.

It's a bit much to expect them to match the Cons and Lab in the GOTV stakes when they don't have much of an organisational track record in the constituency or the data.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,976
    edited June 2019
    Mr. G, British politics is... turbulent currently. Unexpected things can, and have, and probably will happen.

Edited extra bit: anyway, I must be off. Probably won't be back ahead of the race, so let's hope Verstappen has a splendid day.
  • Options
    Artist said:

I don't think many Brexit Party voters who want Britain to 'take back control' would be too keen on Scottish Nationalists holding the balance of power at Westminster.

There's a deal to be done between Farage and Sturgeon if it came to that. Farage always favoured much more Scottish devolution, and I think he'd be fine with the model originally proposed by the SNP in the Scotland's Place in Europe paper.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Artist said:

malcolmg said:

Given they are likely to be like UKIP and have maximum 1 seat , I doubt that will matter. The same nutters were ineffective in UKIP and only Farage will benefit from his latest ponzi scheme.
    PS: BP is just the same bunch of fruitloops
  • Options

Gove now a lay?
    Not at odds of 1/25.

Probably a hold, or a small back at 21/1 (current Betfair market prices).

Prices of everyone actually running are going to come in tomorrow night, when we get the entry list - so unless he withdraws today...
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,149
    edited June 2019
    I think this is maybe getting overblown, hypocricy is the most fundamental principle of conservatism, I know they've been entryized but I don't see why they should completely abandon their values.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,974
    Scott_P said:

Or not.

Again!
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Floater said:

(Snip)
    I think that's a little unfair on the BP (and I'm hardly a fan of theirs). A few weeks before the election, only UKIP and BP had any visible presence in the centre of Peterborough on a busy Saturday afternoon - and it was a large and happy presence.

It's a bit much to expect them to match the Cons and Lab in the GOTV stakes when they don't have much of an organisational track record in the constituency or the data.
    It wasn’t really intended as a criticism of BP, they’re a new party learning to do things and didn’t have a local database. Rather it was a reply to an observation that the reports of unusual activity came from Con sources, as detailed in the MoS article.
  • Options
    Artist said:

malcolmg said:

I'd be as comfortable with them as anyone else.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,917
    Market (Bar the Leadsom whale) thinks it'll be Boris vs Hunt
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,974
    malcolmg said:

Scott_P said:

Or not.

He would do it in the back this time using a proxy, sure his wife will be consulting her cauldron as we speak.
    Who are the other two, then Malc?
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,988
    geoffw said:

Very meaty analysis by Ashcroft - we've had some of the charts shown here but it's worth reading the whole thing. Not entirely welcome to most of us, but intriguing.

https://us4.campaign-archive.com/?e=99cd3aa6df&u=7c92abe0d0d9432cf9c5b98c9&id=70101d1a72) .

Yes, quality analysis. No surprise, but clear patterns extracted from the data.
    Yes very good. Food for thought for all aspiring political leaders.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Scott_P said:

Or not.

Lol. He would have to cover his tracks remarkably well. It couldn't be any of his supporters.
  • Options
    nico67 said:

MaxPB said:

I’m a Labour voter and think people shouldn’t moralize , we’ve all done things we might have regretted.

My issue against Gove isn’t his cocaine use , its the vomit inducing hypocrisy since.

Game over for Gove , the interest now is who he decides to take down with him , Lady Macbeth won’t be happy and will want to exact some revenge .
    Oh I agree with that, it's the hypocrisy that will get him but comments on here about all of the Tory leadership being on drugs etc... is a bit much to take from members of the Labour party who's own leadership probably did a lot of regrettable stuff in their younger days.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    malcolmg said:

Scott_P said:

Or not.

It’s a big cauldron!

Also watch for Harry Cole, ironically of the MoS and behind today’s hit on Gove. Boris stole his girlfriend.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Scott_P said:

Or not.

Who are the other two, then Malc?
    OKC, for sure they will have some like minded privileged hypocrites to assist them
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

malcolmg said:

Scott_P said:

Or not.

It’s a big cauldron!

Also watch for Harry Cole, ironically of the MoS and behind today’s hit on Gove. Boris stole his girlfriend.
    What an incestuous bunch of drug addled swingers.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

nico67 said:

MaxPB said:

Oh I agree with that, it's the hypocrisy that will get him but comments on here about all of the Tory leadership being on drugs etc... is a bit much to take from members of the Labour party who's own leadership probably did a lot of regrettable stuff in their younger days.

Which contenders for the Tory leadership have confirmed that they have not taken drugs? They all seem to have done it.

• Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Artist said:

malcolmg said:

Compared with having Corbyn and McDonnell going on the rampage unchecked, practically any coalition or confidence and supply partner is to be welcomed with open arms.

People may or may not agree with the policy aims of the SNP, but at least they aren't mad.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Market (Bar the Leadsom whale) thinks it'll be Boris vs Hunt

Don't need to be much of a genius to have that opinion.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,040

I think this is maybe getting overblown, hypocricy is the most fundamental principle of conservatism, I know they've been entryized but I don't see why they should completely abandon their values.

But like so many of their fundamental principles, the Tories used to be really good at hypocrisy, now they're not. Modern life IS rubbish, it would appear.
  • Options
    Looks like Boris is a shoo-in.
    If there's any further negotiation with the EU before we leave, then Gove may be the one to do it. He is a politician who can command a brief and also think outside the box. Let Boris set the parameters and put the Gover to work.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Floater said:

(Snip)

It wasn’t really intended as a criticism of BP, they’re a new party learning to do things and didn’t have a local database. Rather it was a reply to an observation that the reports of unusual activity came from Con sources, as detailed in the MoS article.

Given that the BXP does not have members, how will it ever build the ground-game and the local data that it needs?

• Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

Ishmael_Z said:

Scott_P said:
    Obviously. But it wouldn't be a great backdrop to his first visit there, with special features everywhere about how the rules for ordinary folk don't apply to our cokehead PM, would it now?
  • Options

MaxPB said:

nico67 said:

MaxPB said:

Which contenders for the Tory leadership have confirmed that they have not taken drugs? They all seem to have done it.

Does that shock you? Would it shock you if the next set of Labour candidates said the same?
  • Options
    geoffw said:

Looks like Boris is a shoo-in.
    If there's any further negotiation with the EU before we leave, then Gove may be the one to do it. He is a politician who can command a brief and also think outside the box. Let Boris set the parameters and put the Gover to work.

Yes, Let's send the crack head over to negotiate will go down a treat.
  • Options

Artist said:

malcolmg said:

Compared with having Corbyn and McDonnell going on the rampage unchecked, practically any coalition or confidence and supply partner is to be welcomed with open arms.

People may or may not agree with the policy aims of the SNP, but at least they aren't mad.
    And they believe in parliamentary democracy. I am unconvinced that can be truly said of Jezza's inner circle.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Floater said:

(Snip)

Just another Farage ponzi scheme, he will be only one to benefit from BP
  • Options
    That's the other interesting aspect to all of this, Labour have stayed extremely quiet that the next potential PM could be a coke fiend. Rightly, they aren't moralising over it.
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    Surely if Boris Johnson wins, that is the end of Michael Gove as a cabinet minister.
    Revenge .
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

nico67 said:

MaxPB said:

Does that shock you? Would it shock you if the next set of Labour candidates said the same?

Not at all. I am not a member of the Labour party, but my guess is that anyone who stands for the Labour leadership next time will not have a track record of supporting punitive action against drug users.

• Options
    I've dug out back to a small green (Not underwater) on Rory the Tory. Who knows with him !
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Floater said:

(Snip)

Given that the BXP does not have members, how will it ever build the ground-game and the local data that it needs?

Doubt it will last long enough to need that, will be cut and run more like.
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

Surely if Boris Johnson wins, that is the end of Michael Gove as a cabinet minister.
    Revenge .

Nah, he'll be given something like transport where he can make some kind of difference but also close off any leadership ambitions.
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

Revenge .

Hopefully and done in a blaze of publicity as well.
  • Options
    Question - Does doing coke once make you a cokehead or a coke fiend :D ?
    Or did Michael have a err "problem" ?
This discussion has been closed.