Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Undefined discussion subject.

1235»

Comments

• OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,718
    edited July 2019
    I suspect you may be right Mr G, but Hunt has now expanded on his comments. Bear in mind that these are quotes from the Guardian
    'There are 420,000 households in our country that are three-generation households where granny, mum and dad and the kids all live under the same roof. I think that is a good thing.

I am not saying we all want to live with our mother-in-law. But I think that three-generation families are a wonderful thing.

If you look at Spain and Italy, where they spend less on social care than us but they don’t have a social care crisis, is because they are societies that hold families together.

As the party of the family, I think we should look to see if we could introduce incentives for that as well.'

TBH I'm not entirely sure any of that is true. Apart from the bit about the mother-in-law, although mine would have been fine. Father in law though.......
    And no way would either my sister or myself had our father living in our house.
  • MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    spudgfsh said:

RobD said:

spudgfsh said:

nichomar said:

Barnesian said:

Fenman said:

Just voted for Ed Davey, 1ST Preference.

Just voted for Jo Swinson. Ed is currently the better candidate but Jo has much more upside to improve. Does that make sense?
    No.
    Don’t waste the older one if there is not a lot of difference, you can always move on to the younger when needed
    I voted Jo Swinson, just so that Labour are the only major party not to have a female leader (Margaret Beckett standing in doesn't count)
    I wonder, will the Tories be the only party that ever elected a woman leader in spite of them being a woman? :smiley:
    Well the Lib Dems would be the first main party's membership to have elected a women leader
    Greens (multiple times), PC
    Main?
This discussion has been closed.