Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » My 500/1 tip might just turn out be a winner

Comments

• ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,077

Chris said:

How would that work? With an extension being sought and agreed, and then by a 2/3 vote for an election?

Whether the extension is agreed or not, the game will be played out by the 19th, when Johnson will either have sent the letter or not. At that point, the VONC will pass by 2/3.
    A VONC wouldn't trigger an election for fourteen days. That would take us into mid-December before it could take place and I really think that isn't going to happen.
  • justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

ydoethur said:

Labour Looking for Election "This Side of Christmas" - Shami Chakrabarti

Well, unless they come to an agreement with Johnson in the next 48 hours they've pretty much missed their opportunity, haven't they?

Honestly, a phrase about breweries springs to mind with the current Labour Party.
    Aye. I can just about see a November election, but no one will want a December election.
    If a VoNC or an election agreement isn't sorted in the next few days, the window for November will be missed and then no one will want one in December.

In fact, my view is that its either November, or not till next March. The six week campaign period practically makes it unlikely to have an election (and related campaign) span any of December or early January.
    In the 20th century we had three December elections - 1910 - 1918 - and 1923. January elections took place in 1910 and 1906 . February elections were held in 1950 and 1974. It is far from obvious that we need delay until March - particularly given the much greater availability of postal voting.
  • OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,892
    Well, there will be plenty of time for the gambling adverts!
    ydoethur said:

Chris said:

How would that work? With an extension being sought and agreed, and then by a 2/3 vote for an election?

Whether the extension is agreed or not, the game will be played out by the 19th, when Johnson will either have sent the letter or not. At that point, the VONC will pass by 2/3.
    A VONC wouldn't trigger an election for fourteen days. That would take us into mid-December before it could take place and I really think that isn't going to happen.
    That assumes that the full fourteen days would be needed to find a replacement.
    justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

Well, unless they come to an agreement with Johnson in the next 48 hours they've pretty much missed their opportunity, haven't they?

Honestly, a phrase about breweries springs to mind with the current Labour Party.
    Aye. I can just about see a November election, but no one will want a December election.
    If a VoNC or an election agreement isn't sorted in the next few days, the window for November will be missed and then no one will want one in December.

In fact, my view is that its either November, or not till next March. The six week campaign period practically makes it unlikely to have an election (and related campaign) span any of December or early January.
    In the 20th century we had three December elections - 1910 - 1918 - and 1923. January elections took place in 1910 and 1906 . February elections were held in 1950 and 1974. It is far from obvious that we need delay until March - particularly given the much greater availability of postal voting.
    Yes, and the December elections all have in common they took place 96 or more years ago.
    justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

Chris said:

Given that Swinson has vetoed Corbyn and Corbyn has vetoed everyone else, that seems to me a very safe assumption.
  • Well, there will be plenty of time for the gambling adverts!
    When the fun stops - Stop

It's like a little dagger in my heart every time that pops up
    I watch it on the NFL feed from the US. Far better coverage as they don't feel the need to keep explaining basic principles. Plus you get to see the most amazing US adverts.
  • Floater said:

Do me a favour - nice trolling though!!

Since when has been a legitimate discussion of betting being trolling?

It is worthy of discussion that someone who was 500/1 to be next PM in August is now 33/1.

Or to put it another way (BFE) -

Chicago Bears 1.4
    Oakland Raiders 3.45
  • OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,892

I watch it on the NFL feed from the US. Far better coverage as they don't feel the need to keep explaining basic principles. Plus you get to see the most amazing US adverts.
    When we get the trade deal Boris is promising you'll get all this medication adverts here, I expect! They're the ones that make me scratch my head most!
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited October 2019

NFL Redzone - 7hrs of commercial free coverage.

Other sports should learn, as it is fantastic.
  • kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,030

I'll put her down as a maybe....

Perhaps she is one of his philandering victims.

He didn't write, he didn't call.
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Floater said:

It is worthy of discussion that someone who was 500/1 to be next PM in August is now 33/1.
    I purely meant that Bercow is marmite and some people might be triggered by this :-)

I believe OGH might have had an outsider come in before - but he doesn't like to mention it.

• TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,198
    edited October 2019

I can never take the NFL seriously.

First of all that padding and protection, man up, and be like rugby.

Secondly the matches take forever, I've been in relationships that haven't lasted as long as an NFL match.

Secondly the matches take forever, I've been in relationships that haven't lasted as long as an NFL match.
    Says the man who goes to all 5 days of a test match....

But we know that beforehand, NFL matches have like 60 minutes of playing time and last hours.
  • malcolmg said:

eristdoof said:

Bercow would lead a “cabinet of all the talents”

Irrespective of what people actually think of the quality of this cabinet, calling it the "cabinet of all the talents" is just asking for it.

A Cabinet of all the Losers.
    That is more like it , would take another 3 years searching to find any talent for a cabinet at Westminster
    I wish you were wrong but I fear you are not.

Yeats summed it up perfectly

"The Best Lack All Conviction While the Worst Are Full of Passionate Intensity"
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,810

Yorkcity said:

---- And Im back PB more addictive than Betfair!!

Speaking of which

2019-07-07 23:00
    to
    2019-10-06 12:22

No idea where Profit went!!

American Football: £256.99 | Australian Rules: -£108.19 | Basketball: £220.38 | Boxing: £6.40 | Cricket: £204.37 | Darts: -£16.49 | Football: £767.86 | Golf: £618.66 | Horse Racing: £300.85 | Politics: £9.44 | Rugby League: £170.54 | Rugby Union: £224.17 | Snooker: -£509.32 | Tennis: -£245.47 | Volleyball: £75.99 Total P&L: £1,976.18

Glad you are .
    8 bottles of Magners at the side of my armchair this morning ffs

sounds like a good night
    Live now and again more like , more time outs than play
    edited October 2019

But we know that beforehand, NFL matches have like 60 minutes of playing time and last hours.
    Games last about 3hrs. It is really quite a fantastic spectacle. Unlike baseball, now that is generally shit game that takes even longer...the only exception was seeing Aroldis Chapman pitch from behind home plate sending them down at 105mph.

Also, the beauty of redzone is constant action. As soon as the play stops, they switch to another game.
  • stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,777

BJ. Being replaced by JB! Interesting shuffle of letters. :sunglasses:

That would be a Job Blow for Boris.

• SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,833

Sky Sports F1 are good at that too, they go three hours most race days without any ad breaks.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,472
    edited October 2019

Games last about 3hrs. It is really quite a fantastic spectacle. Unlike baseball, now that is generally shit game that takes even longer...the only exception was seeing Aroldis Chapman pitch from behind home plate sending them down at 105mph.

Also, the beauty of redzone is constant action. As soon as the play stops, they switch to another game.
    Professional Gridiron is turgid live, but I can recommend getting to a high school game if in the States in season. They are open to the public, no unnecessary breaks and have the full monty of cheerleaders and marching bands. It's like being in an American teen movie.
    edited October 2019
    Foxy said:

Professional Gridiron is turgid live, but I can recommend getting to a high school game if in the States in season. They are open to the public, no unnecessary breaks and have the full monty of cheerleaders and marching bands. It's like being in an American teen movie.
    US College games are the best atmosphere I have encountered. Just absolutely massive crowds.

I wouldn't watch NFL live every week, but I go most years to one of the NFL games in London and the speed and power is something to behold and some of the hits are just earth shattering.

They are just far bigger and faster than rugby players...probably because the drug testing policy isn't exactly Olympic standard.

To be a running back in the NFL you must be absolutely brain dead. What we want you to do is run full tilt and try and squeeze through a tiny gap between a set of 350 pound 6ft 6+ guys and if they don't manage to get you, some other guy will more than likely clatter you with his helmet into your knees just as you get through the hole. And then rinse and repeat 20-30 times a game.
  • malcolmg said:

Live now and again more like , more time outs than play
    REAL football should be played with the feet!
  • It is not a GNU ("Government of National Unity").

It is a GRU ("Government of Remainer Unity")
  • stjohn said:

If Jon Bon Jovi were hired to PM, he would be JBJ!
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,534
    Sandpit said:

Sky Sports F1 are good at that too, they go three hours most race days without any ad breaks.
    That's cos no one is watching, so the ads are next to worthless :lol:
  • Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

Trump impeachment seems like Kavanaugh the 2nd to me

If it culminates in another 9% lead for the Democrats in the next election, then that sounds OK to me.
    I doubt very much that the democrats want to see Trump removed. Pence would be a much tougher opponent.
    stjohn said:

😂 Very good!
    OT Has this been covered? Is it significant?

Trump impeachment: Second whistleblower emerges

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49953225
    OT (or maybe not)

Does OT mean Off Topic or On Topic?

Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

If it culminates in another 9% lead for the Democrats in the next election, then that sounds OK to me.
    I doubt very much that the democrats want to see Trump removed. Pence would be a much tougher opponent.
    Precisely. They want him damaged, not removed before the election.
  • stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,777

stjohn said:

If Jon Bon Jovi were hired to PM, he would be JBJ!

stjohn said:

😂 Very good!
    Ta.

:smiley:
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,124
    ydoethur said:

justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

Chris said:

Given that Swinson has vetoed Corbyn and Corbyn has vetoed everyone else, that seems to me a very safe assumption.
    Also assumes 5 week campaign. Can be shortened.
    edited October 2019

"However, Mr Zaid said the person had first-hand knowledge of allegations associated with the phone call Mr Trump made with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on 25 July."

If true, that seems extremely significant, because so far the allegations have all been via a source that admits they only heard 2nd hand all this stuff, which is obviously easier for people to claim that you didn't get the full story / pick up inaccuracies.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,187
    Pulpstar said:

Granted admitting a scofflaw to the Supreme Court was fairly extreme, but Trump’s likely crimes against the constitution go well beyond that.

Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

Would he ? I’m not convinced.

In any event, Pence is quite deeply implicated. If Trump were to go down, Pence might conceivably go down too.

ydoethur said:

justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

Chris said:

Not under FTPA IIRC
  • anothernickanothernick Posts: 3,578
    ydoethur said:

Chris said:

No and I'm not sure that the Tory rebels and some of the independents would support a VONC if the extension has been obtained. No doubt some of them harbour hopes of returning to the fold and VONCing the government would ensure they were cast out permanently.
  • Nigelb said:

Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

In any event, Pence is quite deeply implicated. If Trump were to go down, Pence might conceivably go down too.
    Well I don't suppose Donald will go down without taking a few others with him, it's true, but I would have thought Pence was shrewd enough to have kept his nose clean. Anyway the point is that the Dems would be pretty sure of beating the D; why risk taking on an unknown quantity?

Floater said:

If only to remind those who followed your tip to take their profit.

Along those lines, I still have hopes of my 1000/1 on Romney fructifiying as the impeachment story develops. He’s one of the few Republicans of any seniority not adopting the ‘nothing to see here’ pose.

• ydoethur said:

justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

Chris said:

Five minutes would be long enough for most of us.
  • kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,927
    Nigelb said:

Pulpstar said:

Granted admitting a scofflaw to the Supreme Court was fairly extreme, but Trump’s likely crimes against the constitution go well beyond that.
    American politics feels very much like supporting a football team. You cheer your own side and boo the other. And the ref is always a w*nker when a decision doesn't go your team's way.

Sadly I reckon that style of politics is also catching on here.

ydoethur said:

justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

Chris said:

:lol: Brenda says '3' would be enough.

Nigelb said:

Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

Well I don't suppose Donald will go down without taking a few others with him, it's true, but I would have thought Pence was shrewd enough to have kept his nose clean. Anyway the point is that the Dems would be pretty sure of beating the D; why risk taking on an unknown quantity?
    Impeachment, once started, takes on a life of its own. Whether or not it might bring Trump down is perhaps beyond their control.
    As for Pence...
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/mike-pences-role-ukraine-scandal-disgraceful/599449/
    Nigelb said:

Floater said:

If only to remind those who followed your tip to take their profit.

Along those lines, I still have hopes of my 1000/1 on Romney fructifiying as the impeachment story develops. He’s one of the few Republicans of any seniority not adopting the ‘nothing to see here’ pose.

:+1:

Nigelb said:

Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

The interesting thing about Trump dropping out/being dropped is that it throws the entire Dem field and all their strategies out of the window.

Who will scrabble fast enough to respond to facing Pence-Hailey?
    kyf_100 said:

Nigelb said:

Pulpstar said:

American politics feels very much like supporting a football team. You cheer your own side and boo the other. And the ref is always a w*nker when a decision doesn't go your team's way.

Sadly I reckon that style of politics is also catching on here.

Like his colleague Clarence Thomas, who was also credibly accused of being a sex pest during his appointment hearings, Kavanaugh scorns the principle of stare decisis, so scofflaw is not entirely unfair.
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    FPT @OldKingCole

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/02/opinion/long-live-the-queens-and-kings.html

Appears it was the Royalist party rather than an official invitation...

Charles said:

They were even willing to crown Prince Edward as their King..,

Citation needed?
    I found http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f164/royals-asked-or-who-became-monarchs-of-another-country-29576-3.html
    Appears to be a British site; adverts in £'s.
    A forum post saying "I read in a book" isn't a reliable source is it?

No mention in either the "Edward, Earl of Wessex" of "Estonia" articles in Wiki.
    I’ve linked above to an article in the NY Times, citing Buck House

Nigelb said:

Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

The interesting thing about Trump dropping out/being dropped is that it throws the entire Dem field and all their strategies out of the window.

Highest scoring scrabble word I can think of from those two is ‘cheaply’.
    Nigelb said:

Nigelb said:

Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

Highest scoring scrabble word I can think of from those two is ‘cheaply’.
    :lol:
    edited October 2019
    ydoethur said:

justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

Yes, and the December elections all have in common they took place 96 or more years ago.
    I would have thought that the practicalities of holding an election in December in those distant days were a fair more demanding that would be likely today - particularly given the ready availability of postal votes.
    viewcode said:

Nigelb said:

Artist said:

If the speaker was widely seen as neutral, it may not have been a bad idea for him to be the one to just hold fort whilst everyone else campaigns in an election. Installing Bercow however would just add to the perception of it being a remainer coup, which the Tories would jump all over. Opposition parties need to put this GNU idea to bed.

While it might not be the most popular of ideas (for me, too), in what way would installing a new PM backed by a majority in Parliament be a ‘coup’ ?
    You don't understand Leaver logic

1) Boris Johnson, elected as leader of Conservative Party by Conservative Party activists: entirely democratic Prime Minister, what is all the fuss.
    2) John Bercow, elected as PM by a majority of MPs: coup! Hang the traitor!

To put it simply: when a Leaver does it, it's not treason. For example, if Jacob Rees-Mogg stands to make a personal profit of about £15M from Brexit by selling his fund management company then that is perfectly fine, and not even slightly a conflict of interest, oh dear me no.
    Why is selling his business a “profit from Brexit”?
  • Charles said:

FPT @OldKingCole

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/02/opinion/long-live-the-queens-and-kings.html

Appears it was the Royalist party rather than an official invitation...

Not an official invitation? I thought so...
    ydoethur said:

TBF “looking for” isn’t the same as “finding”
  • Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,279
    edited October 2019

ydoethur said:

justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

Chris said:

In all seriousness, it would be a de facto 2nd ref. Since we've been deliberating Brexit for over three years, why do we need a campaign?
    edited October 2019
    justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

I would have thought that the practicalities of holding an election in December in those distant days were a fair more demanding that would be likely today - particularly given the ready availability of postal votes.
    You mean, in those distant days when the electorate was about half the size, life expectancy was around a third lower and we didn't have universal suffrage?
  • justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

True, but it will be about as welcome as the Black Death.
  • rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787

Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

I really don’t think so. Took him multiple tries to get into Congress, barely won the Indiana governorship and was cruising to re-election defeat when Trump picked him for veep, and even other evangelicals think he’s a bit weird. Any Dem would walk it against Pence in 2020.
    rpjs said:

Danny565 said:

Pulpstar said:

I really don’t think so. Took him multiple tries to get into Congress, barely won the Indiana governorship and was cruising to re-election defeat when Trump picked him for veep, and even other evangelicals think he’s a bit weird. Any Dem would walk it against Pence in 2020.
    OTOH, those with a Jones for Indiana could look forward to a Pence/Buttigieg contest...

ydoethur said:

justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

You mean, in those distant days when the electorate was about half the size, life expectancy was around a third lower and we didn't have universal suffrage?
    I believe male life expectancy in 1923 was circa 60 years. Transport is more readily available today - and - to repeat - postal votes are available as an option.

justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

True, but it will be about as welcome as the Black Death.
    In 1974 Heath called the election for 28th February - but had seriously considered doing so for 7th February.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,472
    ydoethur said:

justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

The December 1918 GE must have been a challenge.

Half of men in the military, often overseas, a little local difficulty in Ireland, women over 30 voting for the first time and Spanish Flu breaking out.

Foxy said:

ydoethur said:

justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

The December 1918 GE must have been a challenge.

Half of men in the military, often overseas, a little local difficulty in Ireland, women over 30 voting for the first time and Spanish Flu breaking out.

Well Peter did suggest something about the Black Death just below. December it is, then.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,926
    John Bercow becoming PM of a Governmemt of National Treachery to the Leave vote is certainly possibly, it would leave Boris as Leader of the Opposition and Corbyn sidelined.

Who the next Speaker is would also be important
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,960
    Good afternoon, everyone.

As the current holder of the longest tip, at 250/1, all I can say is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Ba_xCg96E
    edited October 2019
    I see jezza is now calling for the premier league to be nationalized.
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,954

Isn't it easy to ask what won't be nationalised? :p
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,310
    ydoethur said:

Chris said:

Yes, sorry, I mean a vote to hold a new election carried by a 2/3 majority. That doesn't need a 14-day wait.
    edited October 2019
    Ruth Davidson says she will likely stand down as an MSP in 2021 to take a charity or business role as well as focus more time on being a mother.

However she does not rule out leading a future 'Better Together' campaign in any indyref2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49952958
  • Got to love the Wolves scoreline today. 8 point lead going into the international break ... wow!
    edited October 2019

In which case watch the number of foreign players and top British players in the Premier League collapse as they go to Spain, Italy, France or the US for higher pay
    HYUFD said:

Ruth Davidson says she will likely stand down as an MSP in 2021 to take a charity or business role as well as focus more time on being a mother.

However she does not rule out leading a future 'Better Together' campaign in any indyref2

Another massive loss to what used to be the Conservative Party.

HYUFD said:

I said as soon as she resigned as leader that she would have a nice holiday whilst taking the wages and then a nice cushy thinktank / public number with six figure salary. How very Tory.
    RobD said:

John Lansman's Momentum - which is a company.
    edited October 2019
    RobD said:

The man is bonkers. He has called for all the billionaires to be driven out of owning clubs and for them to be stopped from running as businesses.

The EPL is the most successful league in the world, but despite that most clubs only survive because these billionaires stick so much money out of their own pockets into them.

What does he want, for us to going back to being an irrelevant league with every team only fielding players born within 10 miles of the club like back in "the good ol days"? But then he is a Brexit supporter....
  • Gabs2Gabs2 Posts: 1,268
    It still boggles the mind that a government explciitly created to represent one side in the biggest divide in Britain for 40 years can be described as a "unity government".

It would also truly show how biased the Speaker has been, probably killing the concept of an impartial spealer for good.

ydoethur said:

justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

Chris said:

In all seriousness, it would be a de facto 2nd ref. Since we've been deliberating Brexit for over three years, why do we need a campaign?
    Good point. Let's hold it this Thursday and have done.
  • malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

I said as soon as she resigned as leader that she would have a nice holiday whilst taking the wages and then a nice cushy thinktank / public number with six figure salary. How very Tory.
    I guess it saves her the beamer of taking a list spot after being hoofed out of Edinburgh Central. These Unionist big beasts (sic) seem to have a nose for potential electoral humiliation.

RobD said:

The man is bonkers. He has called for all the billionaires to be driven out of owning clubs and for them to be stopped from running as businesses.

The EPL is the most successful league in the world, but despite that most clubs only survive because these billionaires stick so much money out of their own pockets into them.

What does he want, for us to going back to being an irrelevant league with every team only fielding players born within 10 miles of the club like back in "the good ol days"? But then he is a Brexit supporter....
    Even fan owned clubs like in Germany would be better than nationalised ones

RobD said:

I was always surprised the Brexit lot didn't argue for requiring clubs to have 5 British players in the starting line up to develop more talent.
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,954

ydoethur said:

justin124 said:

ydoethur said:

Chris said:

Good point. Let's hold it this Thursday and have done.
    Good luck printing tens of millions of ballot papers in under a week ;)
    edited October 2019
    HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Even fan owned clubs like in Germany would be better than nationalised ones
    In all honesty, I believe that what he wants. I was joking about the nationalization.

Yes they have Bayern, yes they have managed to sign up a few good English youngsters to be developed, but the world doesn't tune into the Bundesliga in the way they do the EPL. Nobody outside of Germany gives much of a crap about most of the games and Bayern Munich have normally won the league by January.

The EPL is like Coke Cola, where ever you go, its on and people love it.
  • The_TaxmanThe_Taxman Posts: 2,979
    HYUFD said:
    29% for BJ the incumbent is not good at all! :wink: More than two thirds of the population prefer someone else...

HYUFD said:

Taking 3 years wages for nothing , just what you would expect.
    edited October 2019

HYUFD said:

To an extent but as last week's Aberdeen council by election showed the Tory vote is still largely holding up despite Ruth's departure.

It does increase the chances of the next non SNP and Unionist First Minister being a LD rather than a Tory though given the biggest gains in recent Scottish polls have been by the Scottish Liberal Democrats

"However, Mr Zaid said the person had first-hand knowledge of allegations associated with the phone call Mr Trump made with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on 25 July."

If true, that seems extremely significant, because so far the allegations have all been via a source that admits they only heard 2nd hand all this stuff, which is obviously easier for people to claim that you didn't get the full story / pick up inaccuracies.
    Not really. There was a direct transcript of the call that was damning and an explicit quid pro quo in the text messages.

HYUFD said:
    29% for BJ the incumbent is not good at all! :wink: More than two thirds of the population prefer someone else...
    But far worse for the others who don't actually have to make the decisions

Corbyn's ratings are beyond dire.
    malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

Hopefully with plenty of flexible, family friendly working hours too, yes a charity or think tank role looks most likely
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

To an extent but as last week's Aberdeen council by election showed the Tory vote is still largely holding up despite Ruth's departure.

It does increase the chances of the next non SNP and Unionist First Minister being a LD rather than a Tory though given the biggest gains in recent Scottish polls have been by the Scottish Liberal Democrats
    LOL, you are mental, you will not be living to see that unless independence comes.

The players are twice the size of rugby players and can hit you off the ball, meaning less bracing for impact. Given the life expectancy of NFL players is in the mid-50s, it is ridiculous to say it is less hard hitting.
    Some level of basic competence would be nice though
This discussion has been closed.