Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » With 49 CLPs now having decided just under two thirds are goin

12346»

Comments

• Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,137

Northern Ireland Update :

Seamus Mallon (Former SDLP Deputy Leader) has sadly passed away.

May your soul rest in peace.

Indeed. Rest in Peace!
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,767
    Thanks you for a most excellent post Mr N :)
  • Options
    ClippPClippP Posts: 1,684

ClippP said:

I have been and still am under the weather with a bug but have been popping in on the odd occasion and to be honest it is time for everyone to move on and accept we are out next week and get behind the country to make it a success

The problem is that when Conservatives say "Get behind the country", they really mean "Get behind the hard right-wing Tory project" - which will destroy th environment, social relations and the welfare state.

So no thank you very much. Th shambolic prime minister who currently occupies No 10 does not represent me.
    I do not accept for one minute this is a hard right government and Boris is a liberal conservative and will carry out policies to benefit the environment and social relations.
    Only this week he has introduced 'Jacks' law for bereaved parents of children under 18 and will host the international climate change conference in Glasgow in the autumn.
    The left are going to have to find a new way of attacking this government as hard right does not wash
    Well, extreme right-wing Tories would see Johnson as a "liberal conservative". I don´t. If he were, we might have had a clean election, whose result people could respect. I see Johnson and his cronies as a gang of unscrupulous scavengers and parasites.

Hope you get better soon.
  • Options
    nunu2nunu2 Posts: 1,453

Oh dear it appears the tw@tterati left are losing their shit because the bloke who has the #1 listened to podcast in the world said he will probably vote Bernie Sanders and Sanders campaign are going to use that in an advert...and their outrage is because said podcast occasionally (probably about 10 really right wing people) in nearly 1500 episodes.

https://twitter.com/gaywonk/status/1220554118034608128

Go woke, go broke.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,187
    IshmaelZ said:

“Bond came to the conclusion that Tilly Masterton was one of those girls whose hormones had got mixed up. He knew the type well and thought they and their male counterparts were a direct consequence of giving votes to women and 'sex equality.' As a result of fifty years of emancipation, feminine qualities were dying out or being transferred to the males. Pansies of both sexes were everywhere, not yet completely homosexual, but confused, not knowing what they were. The result was a herd of unhappy sexual misfits--barren and full of frustrations, the women wanting to dominate and the men to be nannied. He was sorry for them, but he had no time for them.”

I did not make that up. Actually, it is worse than I remembered it as being.

Mind you I re-read Thunderball the other day and it was excellent.

Remarkable stuff. I hadn't remembered that. Wow and not in a good way. Imagine if somebody like Rod Liddle said that on Question Time these days. Fiona Bruce would shut him right down and rightly so.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,515
    HYUFD said:
    The ones who might need help or advice about their residential status.
    Idiot.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,767
    nunu2 said:

Oh dear it appears the tw@tterati left are losing their shit because the bloke who has the #1 listened to podcast in the world said he will probably vote Bernie Sanders and Sanders campaign are going to use that in an advert...and their outrage is because said podcast occasionally (probably about 10 really right wing people) in nearly 1500 episodes.

https://twitter.com/gaywonk/status/1220554118034608128

Go woke, go broke.
    This phrase 'woke' seems to equate to dozy so far as I can see. 10/10 for intent, and much less so for actual thought.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,955
    HYUFD said:
    That's just plain weird that is.

- We must stop low skilled EU migration

by...

- Increasing the skills of British workers

Is IDS saying that Brits are so low skilled that they can't compete with low skilled EU workers without lots of additional training?
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    HYUFD said:
    What a berk Toby Young is. The application process for getting residency rights is Carry On Kafka. There are a lot of very stressed European nationals out there.

But he would know nothing about what life is like without connections to smooth the path.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    ClippP said:

I have been and still am under the weather with a bug but have been popping in on the odd occasion and to be honest it is time for everyone to move on and accept we are out next week and get behind the country to make it a success

The problem is that when Conservatives say "Get behind the country", they really mean "Get behind the hard right-wing Tory project" - which will destroy th environment, social relations and the welfare state.

So no thank you very much. Th shambolic prime minister who currently occupies No 10 does not represent me.
    A month ago there was a report that 6000 of the 7500 members of Britain First - including Tommy Robinson - had joined the Tory Party since the election. If true, it certainly now has its own NeoNazi wing.
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    edited January 2020
    rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

by...

Is IDS saying that Brits are so low skilled that they can't compete with low skilled EU workers without lots of additional training?
    Apparently not they need training
  • Options
    Time to quarantine France for a millennium.

Build a wall all around France.

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1220789075369656320
  • Options

HYUFD said:
    What a berk Toby Young is. The application process for getting residency rights is Carry On Kafka. There are a lot of very stressed European nationals out there.

But he would know nothing about what life is like without connections to smooth the path.
    Indeed,

https://twitter.com/sundersays/status/1220779294160576513
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    New thread
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,187

In many ways it was better when his focus was boobs rather than brexit. At least there was authenticity and passion there.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    edited January 2020

OllyT said:

Wishful thinking. Brexit being merely OK (ie. not a total disaster) will not be enough to convince millions of people that we made the right decision. It has become a totemic issue and there is not a hint of evidence that the remain half of the country is warming to the idea.

The key will be whether the new Tory voters in Labour's old "red wall" feel they have benefitted from Brexit and I wouldn't hold my breath on that becoming true. I think the best they can hope for is that things won't be much worse.

It is a totemic issue solely because we're still debating it and it hasn't happened yet.

Once its happened and is history that's another matter.
    Thatcher stopped being PM 30 years ago and died around 20 years ago. That doesn’t stop a political party and its supporters mentioning her at seemingly every opportunity. History doesn’t mean the end of a word or a belief in its resonance to shift votes.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,282
    rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

by...

LOL
This discussion has been closed.