Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Henry G Manson: Main focus for LAB in North East is winning

12346»

Comments

• Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

"In political terms, is Barack Obama very liberal, somewhat liberal, moderate, somewhat conservative, or very conservative?"

Hmmm. He might be "very liberal" in the same way that the FDP are "very liberal", ie. he's centre-right.

No. Obama is not "centre-right".

He is simply a disappointment ! Raising the hope of so many and then dashing them.

Watch Netanyahu strutting his stuff !
  • Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    surbiton said:

HYUFD said:
    According to this, Francis maude arranged Thatcher funeral. All last week, PBTories had been claiming, all the planning had been done by the last government.

That is, Surbiton, if I may say, one of the most lamentable attacks you've crafted in a while. Key elements were planned long in advance, I assume Maude was put in charge once Lady T died to actually pull the plan off, something like that. Or the DM's got his role completely wrong. http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/interactive/2013/apr/17/margaret-thatcher-funeral-commentary#michael-billington

I'd give all Prime Ministers a ceremonial funeral, of whatever political colour or perceived success/length/etc. It is after all the highest office (I would say) to which a servant of the crown and a citizen of this country can rise.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    @Grandiose.

I couldn't agree more, I think you were being charitable in your description of that post.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    john_zims said:

@surbiton

'Lest we forget ! Harold Wilson won 4 elections. He had a small private ceremony.'

How could we forget, you've made the same point every day for the past 10 days.

I couldn't have. I was in Germany the last two days !

Anyway, which part of the statements stung you the most. The fact that he won 4 elections or that his funeral was a simple one.
  • Options
    john_zims said:

@surbiton

'Lest we forget ! Harold Wilson won 4 elections. He had a small private ceremony.'

How could we forget, you've made the same point every day for the past 10 days.

Harold Wilson won two working majorities in 5 elections, and lost one.
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @Tim

Does all this mean Tony Blair will get a big parade through the 500,000 graves in Iraq with a pair of George W's boots attached.
  • Options
    PBModeratorPBModerator Posts: 661
    NEW THREAD
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @surbiton

'I couldn't have. I was in Germany the last two days !

Anyway, which part of the statements stung you the most. The fact that he won 4 elections or that his funeral was a simple one.'

No internet connection in Germany?

The only thing that stung me was the repetitive nature of your post.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,935
    Surbiton - In US terms he is liberal
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    edited April 2013
    test ... eta yes
This discussion has been closed.