Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The New Hampshire polling looks almost solid for Bernie – but

SystemSystem Posts: 11,683
edited February 2020 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The New Hampshire polling looks almost solid for Bernie – but then so did Iowa

Given the delays in getting a firm result from Iowa I wonder whether our first clear cut outcome could happen on Tuesday night in New Hampshire. For even when the Iowa party gets all the outstanding data in on Monday then it is far from clear that this will be the end of the matter.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ClippPClippP Posts: 1,684
    First
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    Second like England.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750
    Be pretty funny if Mayor Pete won Iowa, Bernie won NH, and then Biden still just cleared up in the rest.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    kle4 said:

Be pretty funny if Mayor Pete won Iowa, Bernie won NH, and then Biden still just cleared up in the rest.

Based on who their supporters are that's pretty much the baseline going into this, that's why Biden was seen as a front-runner.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,989
    I have a feeling this is peak Trump and low water for the Democrats. I also have a feeling that Sanders can beat Trump with the right VP pick. So I'm laying Trump at 1.68 on BF.
  • Options
    The Scots really are uncivilised savages.

Booing the kicker? Shame on you.
  • Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,908
    Barnesian said:

I have a feeling this is peak Trump and low water for the Democrats. I also have a feeling that Sanders can beat Trump with the right VP pick. So I'm laying Trump at 1.68 on BF.

I think it's pretty close to a certainty that at some point between now and November you'll be able to cash out at a profit on that.

Whether you'll recognize the right time or not is a different issue!
  • Options

Must be nationalists in the crowd.
  • Options
    Why is it whenever there is bother, Kyle Sinckler is always there?
  • Options
    Has anybody ever seen a worse game of rugby?
  • Options

Scotland doesn't deserve Independence until they stop booing the kicker.

• Options

I think a Scotland v Italy match a few years ago was pretty shite.

The weather is terrible, it has reduced the second best side in the world to rubbish.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,611
    Root denies overbooking Archer:
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/feb/08/joe-root-england-jofra-archer-injury
    He really isn’t very bright.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited February 2020

I think a Scotland v Italy match a few years ago was pretty shite.

The weather is terrible, it has reduced the second best side in the world to rubbish.
    Not just the weather, England have been brain dead. The past 2 matches has shown what a different side are without the likes of Big Billy (even though he hasn't been at his best for 2-3 years).
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    looking at the most recent 5 opinion poles from New Hampshire, the only people to get over the 15% threshold and therefor get delegates to the national convention are Bernie and Pete. If so In 3 days time this could look like a 2 hours race.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,007
    FPT UK political axes, has any election in recent history been decided on social liberal or social conservative topics? This isn't America. Brexit and tax/spend were clearly important, but with ultra-cheap borrowing, it seems tax/spend has vanished. Maybe a more useful question is, what points of meaningful political contention remain unsettled after the 2019 election? Seems to be Scotland and the EU relationship.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    That rugby match was like watching RLB and Richard Burgon debate, the Hans Solo movie double header with Radiohead live from Glastonbury of a match.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,238
    Nigelb said:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/feb/08/joe-root-england-jofra-archer-injury

Do you mean overbowling? It was Burns who had that problem when they were playing footie...
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

It was clear Archer had a serious problem in the summer when he went from bowling 95mph to struggling to hit 85mph.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    edited February 2020
    BigRich said:

looking at the most recent 5 opinion poles from New Hampshire, the only people to get over the 15% threshold and therefor get delegates to the national convention are Bernie and Pete. If so In 3 days time this could look like a 2 hours race.

Iowa and New Hampshire between them account for 65 delegates total, a candidate needs just under 2000 to win. Long way to go yet.

As for New Hampshire you can qualify for some delegates by getting over 15% in either of the congressional districts.
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    So it looks like Bercow, is using his new book to criticize, those people who have accused him of bullying. i will not be buying his book, so will probably never know what he has sead about them, but this is not a dignified look.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51402674
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,306
    In these polls Biden is still consistently in double figures. He needs to be down to single figures if Buttigieg is going to win.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125

Scotland doesn't deserve Independence until they stop booing the kicker.

Plus 300 years, just to be safe.
  • Options
    I appear to have upset ScotNat twitter with this tweet.

I've been called, inter alia, a prick and a radge.

https://twitter.com/TSEofPB/status/1226208485223936000
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,225
    Barnesian said:

Spectacular trade. Start spending it.
  • Options

They’re just the warmup act. Imagine what will happen when Malc sees it...
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,718
    edited February 2020
    kinabalu said:

Barnesian said:

I`ve been laying Trump as well. He`s absurdly short-priced.
  • Options
    Stocky said:

kinabalu said:

Barnesian said:

He's going to win. If its Sanders he is going to win bigly. Its deeply depressing even although I have a small wager on it.
  • Options
    The 2012 Republican screw-up in Iowa was even worse than Mike says. Not only did they initially announce Romney had won it and then two weeks later decide Santorum had, they also managed to somehow allow Ron Paul to end up with the largest number of Iowa delegates.
  • Options
    Ah 2012, what innocence days those were when we had to deal with the Santorum surge.
  • Options

I'm sure you've been called worse. I don't go to a lot of rugby internationals but I have never seen a kicker boo'd, even if the penalty itself was controversial. It's a poor show.
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,718
    edited February 2020
    DavidL said:

Stocky said:

kinabalu said:

Barnesian said:

He's going to win. If its Sanders he is going to win bigly. Its deeply depressing even although I have a small wager on it.
    Don`t underestimate the effect of turnout. Anyone with Democrat leanings will surely vote in this one, along with some who have become disillusioned with Trump. Trump may have exhausted his base with his successful social media campaigning last time.

A agree that choosing Sanders would change my view I think - but I`m betting on Democrats having more sense than this!?
  • Options

The 2012 Republican screw-up in Iowa was even worse than Mike says. Not only did they initially announce Romney had won it and then two weeks later decide Santorum had, they also managed to somehow allow Ron Paul to end up with the largest number of Iowa delegates.

I increasingly find the idea that any of the other 49 states pay any attention to what these plonkers get up to bizarre. Hopefully we have seen the end of it.
  • Options
    EPG said:

FPT UK political axes, has any election in recent history been decided on social liberal or social conservative topics? This isn't America. Brexit and tax/spend were clearly important, but with ultra-cheap borrowing, it seems tax/spend has vanished. Maybe a more useful question is, what points of meaningful political contention remain unsettled after the 2019 election? Seems to be Scotland and the EU relationship.

I think the old left/right economic divide is now much less important in determining which team you are in.

It's much more "do you want to protect our old values and stand up for Britain or do you want to be tolerant of all views and cooperate internationally?" Socially conservative or socially liberal? That's the dividing line. Leavers or Remainers. They are the teams.

I'm in the Remain team but I applaud Boris for standing up for Britain against US bullying.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Stocky said:

DavidL said:

Stocky said:

kinabalu said:

Barnesian said:

Don`t underestimate the effect of turnout. Anyone with Democrat leanings will surely vote in this one, along with some who have become disillusioned with Trump. Trump may have exhausted his base with his successful social media campaigning last time.

A agree that choosing Sanders would change my view I think - but I`m betting on Democrats having more sense than this!?
    Trump's base is every bit as motivated as the Democrats. And so many of the Democrats seem to find trivial reasons as to why they can only vote for A but wouldn't support B. As the sitting President Trump starts ahead. I very much hope I am wrong but I fear we will have 4 more years to endure, health permitting.
  • Options

A real problem it that it took the party so long to sort out the Iowa mess which completely undermined Santorum who got little benefit from winning.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,449

For a glorious minute, I read this as 'uncivilised sausages'. Which would have been more fun, particularly given Ellis Genge's interview.
  • Options
    Finally, all-green on the next Labour leader race. Took me a long time to get there. I'll probably leave it for a bit now.

On the race to be Democratic nominee, I'm now all green except for Clinton and Bloomberg, who I've just laid some more. I couldn't resist at 5.2. I could understand anything from 8/1 to 14/1, but not just over 4/1 on current polling.

I'm neutral on Biden.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    DavidL said:

Stocky said:

DavidL said:

Stocky said:

kinabalu said:

Barnesian said:

Trump's base is every bit as motivated as the Democrats. And so many of the Democrats seem to find trivial reasons as to why they can only vote for A but wouldn't support B. As the sitting President Trump starts ahead. I very much hope I am wrong but I fear we will have 4 more years to endure, health permitting.
    Trump's base got him less votes than Romney in Wisconsin.
  • Options
  • Options

To be fair, conditions were appalling: the weather, and the fans.

But, whilst you can excuse the weather you can't excuse the fans.
  • Options

twitter.com/TSEofPB/status/1226208485223936000

Have you been called an Islamophobe yet?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Stocky said:

DavidL said:

Stocky said:

kinabalu said:

Barnesian said:

If Trump does win again, I'll be looking with interest at the odds of him quitting before his term is up.
  • Options
    Dirty Leeds aren't going to blow (automatic) promotion for the second season in a row are they?
  • Options
    She does still seem to be the one candidate whose moment hasn't yet come to be put in the spotlight. That may yet be after all the others have been stress-tested to destruction.
  • Options

I've been called xenophobic.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    DavidL said:

Stocky said:

DavidL said:

Stocky said:

kinabalu said:

Barnesian said:

Health permitting. An average American male, aged 73 has a 3% chance of dying in the next 12 months, 25% chance of dying in the next 5 years and a life expectancy of 12 years.

Trump is clinically obese (BMI>30) with an unhealthy lifestyle and unknown medical record but is well looked after medically. Make your own calculations.

EDIT: His choice of VP matters. Is it Pence?
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,779

A real problem it that it took the party so long to sort out the Iowa mess which completely undermined Santorum who got little benefit from winning.
    Indeed. Santorum oozed out of the arse-end of Iowa with little froth.
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

DavidL said:

Stocky said:

DavidL said:

Stocky said:

kinabalu said:

Barnesian said:

Health permitting. An average American male, aged 73 has a 3% chance of dying in the next 12 months, 25% chance of dying in the next 5 years and a life expectancy of 12 years.

Trump is clinically obese (BMI>30) with an unhealthy lifestyle and unknown medical record but is well looked after medically. Make your own calculations.

EDIT: His choice of VP matters. Is it Pence?
    Awful thought. He wouldn’t pick Palin - would he?
  • Options
    Non drinker non smoker and looks robust - I think Trump makes 80 no sweat.

Unless you can die from an aggressive malignancy of the soul?
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

Non drinker non smoker and looks robust - I think Trump makes 80 no sweat.

Unless you can die from an aggressive malignancy of the soul?

Menander posited the precise opposite - ‘those whom the gods love die young.’
  • Options

You're racist against Aliens?
  • Options

It’s the only thing that Mars his record.
  • Options

Those xenos, coming here and taking the laying-eggs-in-living-creatures jobs of English aliens... :)
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

You're talking out of your Uranus... :)
  • Options

That rugby match was like watching RLB and Richard Burgon debate, the Hans Solo movie double header with Radiohead live from Glastonbury of a match.

With Pineapple Pizza at half-time?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Talking of ism's...There was talk yesterday on here about would Little Britain fly in todays world, somebody has pointed me to an old Spitting Image clip (I am not going to say what it was, as I don't want OGH to get in trouble), but christ alive....it 100% wouldn't fly today. Some of the language is the sort that is even too much for a Boris column back in the day. The writers would immediately be getting cancelled if they tried to repeat it today.
  • Options

Talking of ism's...There was talk yesterday on here about would Little Britain fly in todays world, somebody has pointed me to an old Spitting Image clip (I am not going to say what it was, as I don't want OGH to get in trouble), but christ alive....it 100% wouldn't fly today. Some of the language is the sort that is even too much for a Boris column back in the day.

Oh go on. Give us a hint.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

You're talking out of your Uranus... :)
    We could have quite a Ceres of celestial puns. Or we could just leave it there.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Those xenos, coming here and taking the laying-eggs-in-living-creatures jobs of English aliens... :)
    Hey, viewcode, don't worry! Me and my squad of ultimate PB Tories will protect you! Check it out!
  • Options

Talking of ism's...There was talk yesterday on here about would Little Britain fly in todays world, somebody has pointed me to an old Spitting Image clip (I am not going to say what it was, as I don't want OGH to get in trouble), but christ alive....it 100% wouldn't fly today. Some of the language is the sort that is even too much for a Boris column back in the day. The writers would immediately be getting cancelled if they tried to repeat it today.

I don't think the Thought Police are going to batter down Mike's door because you reveal a problematic Spitting Image sketch from the 80s.
  • Options
    At least his choice of pizza toppings is sensible and appropriate.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

At least his choice of pizza toppings is sensible and appropriate.
    And not deep dish....that stuff is not pizza.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Spookily similar to the way everyone I know eats food. It seems to be lame twitter attacks on mayor pete day.
  • Options

viewcode said:

Hey, viewcode, don't worry! Me and my squad of ultimate PB Tories will protect you! Check it out!
    You always were a Gorman, Sunil.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

viewcode said:

How do I get out of this chicken-shit outfit? :lol:
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

viewcode said:

Have you thought of trying an eggsplosive device?
  • Options
    Yes looks OK to me. Maybe a bit avid but nothing out of the ordinary.
  • Options
    Boeing’s Space program seems to be in the same trouble as its commercial aircraft division:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/02/07/boeing-starliner-software-problems/
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

viewcode said:

Unacceptable. The British people have had enough of egg spurts.
  • Options
    TGOHF666TGOHF666 Posts: 2,052
    Have the Shinners taken over Oireland then ?
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

viewcode said:

They just want to wing it.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

viewcode said:

Sunil, come here! Come *HERE*!
  • Options
    TGOHF666 said:

Have the Shinners taken over Oireland then ?

They did that in 1918.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

viewcode said:

That’s the stock response.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

viewcode said:

Supreme punning, guys.....
  • Options

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

viewcode said:

That one was gravy.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

viewcode said:

It’s not easy to pullet off.

But nothing to really crow about.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,779
    IshmaelZ said:

Spookily similar to the way everyone I know eats food. It seems to be lame twitter attacks on mayor pete day.
    Yes thank god that Ed Milliband showed us the way. All that sitting in a bathtub and waiting for osmosis to happen is so old hat! Everyone I know has switched too.
  • Options
    Well I thought the rugby was bad this afternoon, but the new hand-egg league, the XFL, is even worse.
  • Options
    Always said Dele Alli was a bad 'un.

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1226256258057035780
  • Options

twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1226256258057035780

Anybody who wears Supreme is a tw@t....
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,440
    edited February 2020

Indeed, I'm coming to the conclusion anyone who wears/owns any Superdry stuff might be similar.

It seems to be the brand of the anarchists kids of the middle classes.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Indeed, I'm coming to the conclusion anyone who wears/owns any Superdry stuff might be similar.
    How can you tell? It isn't as if their logos are particularly visible ;)
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    I found an amusing but poignant Harold Macmillan quote when working on a piece on whether or not Britain should have a codified constitution or not:

“We have not overthrown the divine right of kings in order to fall down before the divine right of experts.”
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079

Really? Superdry is the brand of middle-aged Dads these days.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Tories eye mansion tax and raid on pensions

Boris Johnson has been weighing up shock plans to impose a “mansion tax” on owners of expensive homes, in a move which will infuriate the ­Conservative Party’s grassroots and stun MPs.

Severe cuts to pension tax relief enjoyed by millions of voters are also being considered by the Prime Minister and his Chancellor, Sajid Javid, for the Budget next month in an effort to pay for a huge increase in public spending.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/02/08/tories-eye-mansion-tax-raid-pensions2/

We appear to have elected Jeremy Corbyn after all...
  • Options

Tories eye mansion tax and raid on pensions

Boris Johnson has been weighing up shock plans to impose a “mansion tax” on owners of expensive homes, in a move which will infuriate the ­Conservative Party’s grassroots and stun MPs.

Severe cuts to pension tax relief enjoyed by millions of voters are also being considered by the Prime Minister and his Chancellor, Sajid Javid, for the Budget next month in an effort to pay for a huge increase in public spending.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/02/08/tories-eye-mansion-tax-raid-pensions2/

We appear to have elected Jeremy Corbyn after all...

#NotTheToryPartyAnymore
  • Options

Really? Superdry is the brand of middle-aged Dads these days.
    Them too.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    edited February 2020
    13 minutes till the Irish exit poll
  • Options

And in terms of historical accuracy, how good has the Irish exit poll been?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967

What's the equivalent of the BONG in Ireland?
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,352
    Has Iowa been fully declared?
  • Options
    RobD said:

What's the equivalent of the BONG in Ireland?
    The theme to Mrs Brown's Boys.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Well I thought the rugby was bad this afternoon, but the new hand-egg league, the XFL, is even worse.

Just dropped in and watched bits from the game. Making Scotland look good.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Just dropped in and watched bits from the game. Making Scotland look good.
    Its what the WNBA is to the NBA. The standard is so far below the NFL it isn't even the same game. It is so slow and full of mistakes. I would say it is like comparing the Premier League to Conference North / South in football.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190

If you're looking for entertainment, it's worth watching highlights of Leverkusen v Dortmund.
This discussion has been closed.