Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Bloomberg moves upwards in the WH2020 Dem nomination betting

SystemSystem Posts: 11,006
edited February 2020 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Bloomberg moves upwards in the WH2020 Dem nomination betting

The big development continues to be the growing betting support for multi-billionaire and former Mayor of New York, Michael Bloomberg, who is self funding his campaign to win the nomination and to beat Trump.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    E pluribus unum.
  • Options
    Hope Bloomberg can do this and/or become President.
  • Options
    Is OGH not watching the news?
  • Options

So long as its not Trump, Sanders or Warren I can live with anyone.

Still want to see Buttigieg, just to see the apoplexy of the MAGA crowd being replaced by an openly gay liberal.
  • Options
    @kinabalu

Only someone silly Will lay you 1.6....
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited February 2020
    https://twitter.com/Tony_Diver/status/1227915434982244352?s=20

Not a very diverse mob these eco-fascists. Where are the celebs campaigning for more diversity within the movement?
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,216
    edited February 2020
    FPT:

IanB2 said:

Cookie said:

Cookie said:

What's your view, Green Machine? Are you from the north or the republic, and do you have an allegiance?
    I'm in the North @Cookie.

I don't really have an allegiance as such. There are good and bad in every party. I'm pretty open minded. I guess that maybe makes me pretty central.

The problem I feel is, down south there are no centre alternatives.
    I've always found ROI politics fascinating, in that it eschews the left-right pattern of almost every other democracy. I always perceived FG as infitessimally more economically right that FF, but as FG always govern in coalition with Labour this distinction is almost meaningless. Even the names are more impenetrable than those of most European democacies.
    I'd always seen FF as the centre party, if such a thing exists, but perhaps this is not so?
    I'd say F.F are slightly​ right of F.G, not by much though.
    FF are in the ALDE whereas FG is EPP. Surely that tells us what we need to know?
    For anyone who doesn't know what they stand for, ALDE = Alliance of Liberals​ and Democrats for Europe & EPP = European People's Party.
    Isn't there a rule which says there can't be two parties from one country in any Group?
    No. Croatia has five parties within ALDE (only one with MEPs), and a fair few countries have two member parties both with MEPs, like Netherlands and Denmark.
  • Options

Not a very diverse mob these eco-fascists. Where are the celebs campaigning for more diversity within the movement?

They aren't working at 11AM on a Thursday, should give you a hint!
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

FPT:

IanB2 said:

Cookie said:

Cookie said:

What's your view, Green Machine? Are you from the north or the republic, and do you have an allegiance?

I don't really have an allegiance as such. There are good and bad in every party. I'm pretty open minded. I guess that maybe makes me pretty central.

I've always found ROI politics fascinating, in that it eschews the left-right pattern of almost every other democracy. I always perceived FG as infitessimally more economically right that FF, but as FG always govern in coalition with Labour this distinction is almost meaningless. Even the names are more impenetrable than those of most European democacies.
    I'd always seen FF as the centre party, if such a thing exists, but perhaps this is not so?
    FF are in the ALDE whereas FG is EPP. Surely that tells us what we need to know?
    For anyone who doesn't know what they stand for, ALDE = Alliance of Liberals​ and Democrats for Europe & EPP = European People's Party.
    Isn't there a rule which says there can't be two parties from one country in any Group?
    No. Croatia has five parties within ALDE (only one with MEPs), and a fair few countries have two member parties both with MEPs, like Netherlands and Denmark.
    OKC, I think you are thinking of the rules for setting up a group, which require diversity of where their members come from.
  • Options

They aren't working at 11AM on a Thursday, should give you a hint!
    They will all be ok, when they finally decide to grow up and get a job, mummy and daddy will make sure one of their mates gets them something.
  • Options
    eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,883

isam said:
    This explains both a lot of the support for and opposition to climate change. The science is merely incidental. If CC proposed solutions involved extending free trade and economic liberalism much on the right would be all over it and the left viciously opposed to it.
    That comment does nothing more than show you are susceptible to Belief Bias.
  • Options

So long as its not Trump, Sanders or Warren I can live with anyone.

Still want to see Buttigieg, just to see the apoplexy of the MAGA crowd being replaced by an openly gay liberal.
    Reps would just repeat what they did to Obama.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,125
    Surely directly or indirectly Bloomberg's own money is distorting this market? I think he is more like a 1/20 shot than 1/4.
  • Options

A bunch of soap dodging parasites.

The police should use rubber bullets on them.

These gits are apparently are going to ruin my university reunion next week.

I was planning on getting the train to Cambridge but I’ll use my 4.4 litre beast to drive to Cambridge now.
  • Options

IanB2 said:

FPT:

IanB2 said:

Cookie said:

Cookie said:

OKC, I think you are thinking of the rules for setting up a group, which require diversity of where their members come from.
    Croatia's line up of liberal parties is quite something:

• Croatian Peasant Party (HSS)
    • Civic Liberal Alliance (GLAS)
    • Istrian Democratic Assembly (IDS)
    • Croatian Party of Pensioners (HSU)
    • Alliance of Primorje-Gorski Kotar (PGS)
    • Democrats (D)
    • Croatian Labourists (HL)
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,987
    DavidL said:

Surely directly or indirectly Bloomberg's own money is distorting this market? I think he is more like a 1/20 shot than 1/4.

That's what I suspect too so I'm laying him. Sweaty business though as his price comes in!
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,084

@kinabalu

Only someone silly Will lay you 1.6....

OK. I'll tell you if I find said silly billy.
  • Options
    Mentioning billionaires trying to buy the nomination, the latest poll for South Carolina (pre-Iowa, just, so treat with care), has Steyer second on 19%. Biden had a clear lead but whether he still does after Iowa/NH is anyone's guess - likewise, if not, where those votes have gone in a much more racially diverse state than the first two.

Apart from Gabbard, all the other remaining candidates have legitimate aspirations on the nomination - though obviously some are a good deal stronger than others.
  • Options
    Rishi Sunak going into Downing Street, wonder if he'll be promoted?

Modesty will prevent me from mentioning tipping him for a promotion and 250/1 for next Tory leader.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

FPT:

IanB2 said:

Cookie said:

Cookie said:

The UK must have had 2+ within the groupings, once you include the NI parties?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,899
    FUCKOFFBLOOMBERG
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095

I'm also worried that they don't seem to know about the role of grasses in carbon capture. What twat digs up greenery to make a point about global warming? Maybe they'd like to bring a chainsaw to Hyde Park next?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,284
    edited February 2020
    Pulpstar said:

FUCKOFFBLOOMBERG

Keep calm.

I was panicking over Biden and that turned out alright.

Just how red are you with Bloomberg?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

FUCKOFFBLOOMBERG

Keep calm.

• Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,606
    Lol Bloomberg. The Republican pretending to be a Democrat. He's got no chance, especially in light of the racist stop and search policy he put in place in NYC as mayor.
  • Options

IanB2 said:

FPT:

IanB2 said:

Cookie said:

Cookie said:

The UK must have had 2+ within the groupings, once you include the NI parties?
    You don't need to include NI.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

FUCKOFFBLOOMBERG

Keep calm.

Ouch.
  • Options

I'm also worried that they don't seem to know about the role of grasses in carbon capture. What twat digs up greenery to make a point about global warming? Maybe they'd like to bring a chainsaw to Hyde Park next?
    The same twats who block public transport ensuring people get in cars instead perhaps?
  • Options
    edited February 2020

The same morons who go to Canning Town and block electric trains...then are shocked when the locals give them a kicking.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

FUCKOFFBLOOMBERG

Keep calm.

Serious
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Lol Bloomberg. The Republican pretending to be a Democrat. He's got no chance, especially in light of the racist stop and search policy he put in place in NYC as mayor.

That depends on whether the Dems come to the conclusion that every one of the remaining field will certainly be beaten by Trump.
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    edited February 2020
    Javid resigns
  • Options
    Javid resigned
  • Options
    The environment is serious and there are legitimate concerns about it.

Extinction Rebellion are not serious and have no legitimacy.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,938
    Javid has resigned as Chancellor
  • Options
    So who the fuck becomes chancellor?!
  • Options
    Wow that doesn't give much time for a successor to do their own budget given its due soon surely?
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

FUCKOFFBLOOMBERG

Keep calm.

Serious
    I'll be alright if he gets it, and I don't think backing at his current price is a good move. It's been a slow motion car crash on his price mind.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Rishi Sunak apparently, Kuenssberg just said on BBC
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited February 2020
    MaxPB said:

My very small book (one bet only) hopes Rishi Sunak ;)
  • Options

The same twats who block public transport ensuring people get in cars instead perhaps?
    They don't seem to have much a PR operation do they? Ironic, given it's where most of these pillocks will end up earning their six-figure salaries in a year's time....
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    HYUFD said:
    Whose great idea was telling a minister all your advisers have to go? Big Dom?
  • Options
    I hope you all got on Philip Thompson’s 250/1 tip on Sunak as next Tory leader.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

MaxPB said:

That depends on whether the Dems come to the conclusion that every one of the remaining field will certainly be beaten by Trump.
    Not really. The Dems have a special method of self-sabotage that not many appreciate. Anyway, he would probably be as crap at the job as Trump. Far too up himself.
  • Options
    Javid gone
  • Options

HYUFD said:
    Whose great idea was telling a minister all your advisers have to go? Big Dom?
    Who else. He's a total liability now.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

MaxPB said:

That would be a gigantic promotion, is he even in the Cabinet at the moment?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    This reshuffle is making Extinction Rebellion ripping up the lawn look sensible.
  • Options

I hope you all got on Philip Thompson’s 250/1 tip on Sunak as next Tory leader.

Sort of. On at 25/1
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Javid has resigned as Chancellor

Wow.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077
    This is all very amusing.
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,800
    This is turning into a Corbyn reshuffle done under Milne's direction.
  • Options
    Well, kudos to Javid for having the guts to resign. I've often named him a lightweight, but that does show some gumption at least.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Hopefully Gove. We need some new thinking and thinking is a scarce commodity.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    If Rishi Sunak is the new Chancellor it means all the great offices of State in the Boris Cabinet, PM, Chancellor, Home and Foreign Secretary will now be held by Leavers in a complete turnaround from the Cameron and May years.

Javid was the most senior Remainer left in Government

https://www.darlingtonandstocktontimes.co.uk/opinion/14304747.rishi-sunak-why-i-will-vote-for-us-to-leave-the-eu/
  • Options
    Also, does this mean Javid will look for a way out f Parliament soon and a by-election in his constituency? Can't see him sticking around to be a back bencher until Boris toodles off in 2027 or whatever.
  • Options
    Disappointed to see Javid go but hopefully at least this means we won't have the next few years with a divided Downing Street and a repeat of the TB-GBs.
  • Options
    The sensible era of Cameron approach to reshuffles is definitely history now.

That crazy idea where your first instinct was not to reshuffle somebody if they appeared to be well qualified for the job and had been doing it perfectly well.
  • Options
    I can't stop laughing.

Cummings has managed to completely blow up Johnson's reshuffle, or he has engineered Javid out deliberately to make way for some loon who will do as he's told by Britain's leading complexity theorist.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077
    HYUFD said:

If Rishi Sunak is the new Chancellor it means all the great offices of State in the Cabinet, PM, Chancellor, Home and Foreign Secretary will now be held by Leavers in a complete turnaround from the Cameron and May years.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/latest-news/rishi-sunak-mp-explains-eu-decision-toughest-of-his-career-1-7751036

I thought we had already left the EU?
  • Options
    Boris Johnson is needlessly creating enemies right now in the Parliamentary Party.

Days like today will come back to haunt him.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,918
    MaxPB said:

HYUFD said:

MaxPB said:

Attends but non-voting. I think, anyway.
  • Options
    After 1 month he has sacked a handful of Ministers! Going well is it?...or isn't it?..

:smile:

:
  • Options
    The ex-Chancellor of the Exchequer.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

HYUFD said:

MaxPB said:

Not officially. "Attends" cabinet but not officially in it, on the other hand number 2 in the Treasury so not completely illogical a promotion.

I'd hope its either confirmed as him or Gove.
  • Options

Well, kudos to Javid for having the guts to resign. I've often named him a lightweight, but that does show some gumption at least.

Agreed
  • Options
    This is the first big mistake of the Johnson government IMO. When the markets are calling out for a bit of stability and certainty, we've contrived to get rid of the guy in charge because he didn't want to bankrupt the nation.
  • Options
    When should the next budget have been?
  • Options

11th of March.

Beware the ides of March etc
  • Options

After 1 month he has sacked a handful of Ministers! Going well is it?...or isn't it?..

:smile:

:

Not entirely illogical. This is the first reshuffle after a landslide, this is his opportunity to set the Cabinet he wants rather than the one he thought he should have based on pre-election numbers.
  • Options
    Boris Johnson evidently wanted Sajid Javid out. Don't be fooled into thinking this is Dominic Cummings' work.
  • Options
    I think giving Mark Carney a peerage and making him Chancellor would be the best move from here. No one in the Tory ranks has any kind of gravitas for the role, especially given how turbulent the global economy is and now that we need to ride the waves of it outside the EU.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,084
    DavidL said:

I'm expecting Sunak. "Boris" will want a patsy there.
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,800

There's absolutely yonks yet.

The bar set by the Scottish government the other week has not been cleared.
  • Options
    Blimey.

The government is falling apart already.
  • Options

Boris Johnson evidently wanted Sajid Javid out. Don't be fooled into thinking this is Dominic Cummings' work.

Indeed. Javid was clearly not signed up to increasing the deficit in a way tha Boris wanted to, for that reason Boris wanted him out.
  • Options
    Sunak confirmed.
  • Options

Blimey.

The government is falling apart already.

I'm loving this.
  • Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556
    Excellent. I was worried the new Government seemed to be starting off with a rift between PM and Chancellor, which as we know from the TB-GB era can be destructive.

Far better to lance the boil now and get someone totally aligned with the PM.
  • Options
    Gove will be pissed off.

He’s always wanted to be Chancellor.
  • Options

Sunak confirmed.

Patsy for Dom at No 11. Look for the ratings agencies to put the UK on negative watch.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

HYUFD said:

If Rishi Sunak is the new Chancellor it means all the great offices of State in the Cabinet, PM, Chancellor, Home and Foreign Secretary will now be held by Leavers in a complete turnaround from the Cameron and May years.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/latest-news/rishi-sunak-mp-explains-eu-decision-toughest-of-his-career-1-7751036

I thought we had already left the EU?
    We have but the battle has now shifted to whether we go to hard Brexit WTO+ terms after December and the end of the transition period or a softer Brexit more closely aligned to the EU
  • Options
    I'm baffled by the surprise. So far the reshuffle is entirely consistent with all of Boris Johnson's past work. The wailing and lamentations of Conservatives just shows they have allowed themselves to be blinded by Brexit. Everything is about Boris Johnson. Get used to it.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

DavidL said:

I'm expecting Sunak. "Boris" will want a patsy there.
    That's what the BBC are saying. As Chief Secretary he probably knows more about the nuts and bolts of the budget than Javid did but I don't really know much about him. He is in a strongish position right now. To lose one Chancellor is unfortunate, to lose two....
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Indeed. Javid was clearly not signed up to increasing the deficit in a way tha Boris wanted to, for that reason Boris wanted him out.
    The Saj is the third Chancellor sacked by Boris, after Ken Clarke and Philip Hammond.
  • Options
    When Cameron said Cummings was a psychopath turns out Dave was underselling it.
  • Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556

Boris Johnson is needlessly creating enemies right now in the Parliamentary Party.

Days like today will come back to haunt him.

Like when he kicked out 21 party grandees and won a landslide immediately afterwards? That's some Scooby-Doo level of haunting... :wink:
  • Options
    Am I the only one that thinks Chancellor Sunak sounds like a Star Wars character?
  • Options

Sunak confirmed.

Looks like a massive No 10 power grab to neutralise the power of the Treasury (which no doubt was trying to block some of Boris's spending plans)
  • Options
  • Options

Rishi Sunak going into Downing Street, wonder if he'll be promoted?

Modesty will prevent me from mentioning tipping him for a promotion and 250/1 for next Tory leader.

What a difference half an hour makes. When I wrote that I thought maybe something like Defence, not Chancellor. Massive promotion.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,514
    MaxPB said:

BoZo has access to a magic money forest, including free Caribbean holidays...
  • Options
    Joint SpAd team. Wtf is this shit. Sunak should have refused.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Joint SpAd team. Wtf is this shit. Sunak should have refused.

I'm not so sure.

TB-GBs were terrible for the country.

Cameron and Osborne being key allies in sync was great for the country.
This discussion has been closed.