Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » And now after five years the return of PB NightHawks

SystemSystem Posts: 11,017
edited March 2020 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » And now after five years the return of PB NightHawks

For many years a regular feature on PB was nighthawks – an overnight open thread. For some reason we stopped doing it and I am bringing it back following calls by a couple of longstanding PBers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,263
    edited March 2020
    First!

Like the USA
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,962
    Glorious!
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285

Ok. I now feel weird. It is FIVE years since the last nighthawks? Where does the time go?

3 months in lockdown will go in a blink...
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,199
    Random question: What do people think will happen to corporate April Fools jokes?

Will they be canned as not appropriate to the present circumstance?

Will there be many with a pandemic theme?
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    Hurrah...its back....

Why did it go? Some of the finest pbCOM moments have been played out here....

• Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,204

Ok. I now feel weird. It is FIVE years since the last nighthawks? Where does the time go?

3 months in lockdown will go in a blink...
    Depends whether I run out of bottled beer.
  • Options

Random question: What do people think will happen to corporate April Fools jokes?

Recipe for disaster for many companies if they get it wrong. I think if I ran a big corporation, I would probably stay clear.
  • Options
  • Options
    Johnson's lefty critics basically seem to be arguing that being locked down by the state and be made to queue to get into a supermarket was something that should be done sooner rather than later.

Hmm...
  • Options
    blairfblairf Posts: 98
    long time lurker, tempted back. posted (and even wrote an article ten years ago). not sure why I'm posting again. Corona related I think. Current madness will either be seen as a monumental testament to modern ingenuity avoiding monumental death, or mass hysteria. Three years and we get the answer.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,202

Recipe for disaster for many companies if they get it wrong. I think if I ran a big corporation, I would probably stay clear.
    We’ll probably have some idiot policeman claiming it’s against the law.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,105
    I want the return of 8 smiling Gordons.

It's what the nation needs in these dark times.....
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    The U.S. Just Signed A $450 Million Coronavirus Vaccine Contract With Johnson & Johnson

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2020/03/30/the-us-just-signed-a-450-million-coronavirus-vaccine-contract-with-johnson--johnson

Nearly a $1bn to be spent, but don't get your hopes up, they haven't even really started yet.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050

I thought Andy Burnham's measured approach to the Tories is the right tone...to things like HS2 and now Covid 19....

If Andy Burnham had won in 2015.......the last 5 years of British politics would have been profoundly different....for the Tories too...

Makes me even more angry with Corbyn et al....
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,301
    tyson said:

Hurrah...its back....

Ah yes. 2010 election. YouGov daily tracker.

'Wibbly wobbly Tory bottoms.'

'Cameron. Pledge a referendum on EU membership. NOW!'

'Osborne has to go.'

'That Michael Crick really is a...'
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,937
    edited March 2020
    blairf said:

long time lurker, tempted back. posted (and even wrote an article ten years ago). not sure why I'm posting again. Corona related I think. Current madness will either be seen as a monumental testament to modern ingenuity avoiding monumental death, or mass hysteria. Three years and we get the answer.

I fear it might endure as another Y2K moment. All those who lack the knowledge of all the work that went into averting disaster and who have an axe to grind for or against a particular position or party will use any lack of hundreds of thousands of deaths as 'evidence' it was all a giant waste. Sadly and annoyingly many of those doing this will be from the more extreme elements of my own libertarian persuasion.

Edit. Oh and very welcome back.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,105
    Do we have a ballpark for the seats Tories would have gained/Labour would have lost in December on more updated boundaries?
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,045
    A lot of people are finding Hopper's painting particularly resonant at the moment. Cold War Steve has got in on some Hopper action.

https://twitter.com/Coldwar_Steve/status/1244680613283745792?s=20

• Options

Er, does this mean we are no longer constrained to stick rigidly to the thread header topic?

FINALLY.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,603
    tyson said:

I thought Andy Burnham's measured approach to the Tories is the right tone...to things like HS2 and now Covid 19....

If Andy Burnham had won in 2015.......the last 5 years of British politics would have been profoundly different....for the Tories too...

Burnham should have tried to inspire the membership in 2015 and he might have won.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,814
    edited March 2020

tyson said:

Hurrah...its back....

Ah yes. 2010 election.

Who knew ten years on we'd have voted for Boris to Get Brexit Done and instead he'd put us all under house arrest while the economy contracts by 15% in one quarter and thousands die of a deadly new virus!!!

Fire Up The Quattro I'm going back to 2010! :D
  • Options

The U.S. Just Signed A $450 Million Coronavirus Vaccine Contract With Johnson & Johnson

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2020/03/30/the-us-just-signed-a-450-million-coronavirus-vaccine-contract-with-johnson--johnson

Nearly a $1bn to be spent, but don't get your hopes up, they haven't even really started yet.

Sky business were discussing it today and it is not expected before mid 2021
  • Options

blairf said:

I fear it might endure as another Y2K moment. All those who lack the knowledge of all the work that went into averting disaster and who have an axe to grind for or against a particular position or party will use any lack of hundreds of thousands of deaths as 'evidence' it was all a giant waste. Sadly and annoyingly many of those doing this will be from the more extreme elements of my own libertarian persuasion.

look out for the ONS weekly death statistics published tomorrow (and every Tuesday) at 10 AM. These are the only indubitable facts we have in this. death demography is hard (part of my job but i'm no expert). it may turn out behavioural change washes out indirect/directs, competing causes and directs.
  • Options

I am not sure I can manage until mid 2021 to have another drink or chocolate bar...
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,045
    edited March 2020

tyson said:

Burnham should have tried to inspire the membership in 2015 and he might have won.
    He took his foot off the pedal once he heard that HYUFD was backing him.
  • Options
    Instead of asking how folks would vote in a nonexistent election, are any of the posters asking their panel how many have had C19 symptoms?

Not quite an antibody test, but better than nowt.
  • Options

blairf said:

A technical question: let us say a significant proportion of the population develops immunity and there is no vaccine. What happens to people who are at high risk if they do catch it? How do they benefit? There is still no cure, the risk of death is great. So do they have to stay isolated for ever?
  • Options

Instead of asking how folks would vote in a nonexistent election, are any of the posters asking their panel how many have had C19 symptoms?

Not quite an antibody test, but better than nowt.

that will be being polled. 100% stone cold guarantee. by many parties. my anecdata is that this is rife in London ~10% based on aforementioned anecdata.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,594
    edited March 2020
    tyson said:

Didn't Burnham run in 2016 not 2015?

Ed Balls the best choice in 2010?
  • Options
    eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,890
    Wow, I had totally forgotten about PB Nighthawks.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    wow just wow - Trump Presser
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

A technical question: let us say a significant proportion of the population develops immunity and there is no vaccine. What happens to people who are at high risk if they do catch it? How do they benefit? There is still no cure, the risk of death is great. So do they have to stay isolated for ever?
    I dont think that possible. If immunity is long lasting then a vaccine is possible.
  • Options
    Floater said:

what's he done now?
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,150
    BBC's Sophie Hutchinson still telling us viral load is the amount of virus you get infected with.
  • Options

I really don’t think I can face being locked up for 15 - 18 months.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

no. as immunity develops, the chance of the vulnerable meeting someone actively spreading goes down. So they can venture out. this depends on the 'herd immunity' which has got kinda a bad name, but is where we all end up (absent a vaccine)
  • Options
    Floater said:

What’s the fool saying now?
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

That is my fear. We are slipping into a dystopia with the best of intentions.
  • Options
    eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,890
    Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

True, but I'd rather have a 10% chance of dying after a 5% chance of catching it than a 10% chance of dying after a 50% chance of catching it.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

The theory is that the more people who have had it and have immunity, the less likely it is to spread and reach those who lack immunity. My understanding is that in cases like Italy it is the swamping of the ICU system that has led to a higher proportion of deaths. So I would suppose that overall the chances of both catching it and subsequently dying from it are much reduced if you still lack immunity.

But that is a very cautious layman's interpretation and could be very wide of the mark.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,658
    Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

That's neither practicable nor desirable imo.

We just have to hope the levels requiring ICU remain manageable and presumably treatment regimes will improve as medical teams learn what works best.
  • Options
    blairf said:

blairf said:

look out for the ONS weekly death statistics published tomorrow (and every Tuesday) at 10 AM. These are the only indubitable facts we have in this. death demography is hard (part of my job but i'm no expert). it may turn out behavioural change washes out indirect/directs, competing causes and directs.
    It was interesting to see someone had posted similar stats from Spanish regions on here earlier today. They were terrifying.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,850

tyson said:

All candidates except Corbyn pivoted to austerity light.

I was going to vote Burnham until he joined YC and L4%K in dropping opposition to austerity.
  • Options

Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

The theory is that the more people who have had it and have immunity, the less likely it is to spread and reach those who lack immunity. My understanding is that in cases like Italy it is the swamping of the ICU system that has led to a higher proportion of deaths. So I would suppose that overall the chances of both catching it and subsequently dying from it are much reduced if you still lack immunity.

But that is a very cautious layman's interpretation and could be very wide of the mark.
    That’s my understanding too. By reducing the chance of their getting it, we make sure we have the capacity to cope with those that do.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,576
    Why did NightHawks ever disappear from PB? That's the big question.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,710
    Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

As I understand the numbers, herd immunity is achieved at 40% of the population. COVID19 mortality is unknown but it is greater by an order of magnitude than flu, which is also very infectious, and less than SARS, which is much less infectious. Probably 1% to 3%. This means, I think, a quarter of a million or so people need to die in the UK before we reach herd immunity.

This death is a somewhat horrible one. Currently the hospital system is coping after seeing 1400 deaths. We are talking about a scale of need that is 100 times bigger. The effect on the healthcare system is unimaginable.

We need a vaccine. Failing that we need to isolate the infected from the uninfected and the vulnerable from everyone else. And we need to test, test and test.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,269
    Foxy said:

tyson said:

Owen Smith ran in 2016.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

tyson said:

No, 2016 was Owen Jones.

I mean Owen Smith. Near enough.
  • Options
    FF43 said:

Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

As I understand the numbers, herd immunity is achieved at 40% of the population. COVID19 mortality is unknown but it is greater by an order of magnitude than flu, which is also very infectious, and less than SARS, which is much less infectious. Probably 1% to 3%. This means, I think, a quarter of a million or so people need to die in the UK before we reach herd immunity.

This death is a somewhat horrible one. Currently the hospital system is coping after seeing 1400 deaths. We are talking about a scale of need that is 100 times bigger. The effect on the healthcare system is unimaginable.

We need a vaccine. Failing that we need to isolate the infected from the uninfected and the vulnerable from everyone else. And we need to test, test and test.
    I thought it was 60%? Although of course in reality it’s a sliding scale.
  • Options
    Local news talking about improved air quality as roads empty.

Electric cars can't come soon enough.
  • Options
    Anyone concerned that the current situation might be used as a reason to threaten civil liberties in the future won't be reassured by this new Jeremy Cliffe article in the New Statesman.

https://www.newstatesman.com/science-tech/2020/03/rise-bio-surveillance-state
  • Options

Foxy said:

tyson said:

Owen Smith ran in 2016.
    Yes, it is all coming back to me now.
  • Options
    OK. Time for bed. Food delivery coming tomorrow. Sadly it is all healthy and nutritious.

Stay safe comrades.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Bloody hell. Was nighthawks really 5 years ago?

Damn I’m getting old!
  • Options
    eristdoof said:

Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

True, but I'd rather have a 10% chance of dying after a 5% chance of catching it than a 10% chance of dying after a 50% chance of catching it.
    Given the state of my lungs I probably have a very high chance of dying if I catch it. So until and unless a vaccine is developed I am going to have to live the life of a recluse. That does not fill me with a lot of hope. Life without seeing my family is not really worth living TBH.

I am not going to criticise the government as I am sure that there must be much work going on that we are not aware of, particularly from experts. I just don’t understand what the long-term strategy is - saving the NHS is all very well - but in the end isn’t the strategy the same as it’s always been - “herd immunity” but just over a long time frame. I wish I knew what the strategy is for at risk people other than just hiding them away.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Floater said:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1244739955731107840?s=19
  • Options
    "On Monday, former supreme court justice Lord Sumption said that excessive measures were in danger of turning Britain into a “police state”, singling out Derbyshire police – which deployed drones and dyed a lagoon black – for “trying to shame people in using their undoubted right to take exercise in the country and wrecking beauty spots in the fells”."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/mar/30/uk-police-guidelines-coronavirus-lockdown-enforcement-powers-following-criticism-lord-sumption
  • Options
    FF43 said:

Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

every toy model i've seen suggests the absolute best course is isolating the infected. virtual leper colonies. you can achieve this brutally or not. but that is the No. 1 successful strategy from all the toy models i've seen. and toy models have a habit of being close to the most sophisticated ones.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,814
    edited March 2020
    Andy_JS said:

Anyone concerned that the current situation might be used as a reason to threaten civil liberties in the future won't be reassured by this new Jeremy Cliffe article in the New Statesman.

https://www.newstatesman.com/science-tech/2020/03/rise-bio-surveillance-state

I think the idea that future governments will want to repeat this nightmare for made up reasons is silly.

In a few weeks we're going to see near economic oblivion due to this virus and lock-down.

No government in their right mind will want to see a repeat of this in the next one hundred years... And despite the current poll rating I still the the Tories are done for at the next election as no government will survive this levels of economic catastrophe.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,965
    Emily has very big hair on Newsnight!
  • Options

tyson said:

I was going to vote Burnham until he joined YC and L4%K in dropping opposition to austerity.
    I am sure L4%K means something to the initiated...
  • Options
    Have we heard from @Beverley_C since this morning?
  • Options
    whunterwhunter Posts: 60
    Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

They have access to healthcare, including ICU's
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

FF43 said:

Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

Sorry you're right I got the percentages the wrong way round. So approximately 400 000 deaths are needed to get to herd immunity at 1% mortality, I reckon.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Question: If Capitalism is so good why does it need to be bailed out with Socialism every 10 years or so?
  • Options
    Poor, poor Spain

Spain 87,956 +7,846 7,716 +913
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

eristdoof said:

Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

Given the state of my lungs I probably have a very high chance of dying if I catch it. So until and unless a vaccine is developed I am going to have to live the life of a recluse. That does not fill me with a lot of hope. Life without seeing my family is not really worth living TBH.

I am not going to criticise the government as I am sure that there must be much work going on that we are not aware of, particularly from experts. I just don’t understand what the long-term strategy is - saving the NHS is all very well - but in the end isn’t the strategy the same as it’s always been - “herd immunity” but just over a long time frame. I wish I knew what the strategy is for at risk people other than just hiding them away.
    As well as the possibility of vaccine, there is the development of effective treatments. Perhaps targeted antivirals, perhaps monoclonal antibodies, or simply convalescent serum. In addition the virus could just Peter out or become less virulent. Where there is life, there is hope. Hang in there @Cyclefree.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Question: If Capitalism is so good why does it need to be bailed out with Socialism every 10 years or so?

Beats me - ask East Germany or the CCCP
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

eristdoof said:

Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

Without a vaccine there can be no other strategy. And one of the reasons they are discussing things like herd immunity is that vaccines for things like Coronaviruses are extremely difficult to develop. There was a lot of progress made on a SARS vaccine but it never got to the point of human testing so to date we have no vaccine for either SARS or MERS.

That is not to say we won't get one for COVID-19 but those talking with near certainty of one being developed any time soon are perhaps being over optimistic.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

I blame CNN.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    blairf said:

FF43 said:

Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

every toy model i've seen suggests the absolute best course is isolating the infected. virtual leper colonies. you can achieve this brutally or not. but that is the No. 1 successful strategy from all the toy models i've seen. and toy models have a habit of being close to the most sophisticated ones.
    Both my mum and my father-in-law would be in the category that would need to be permanently isolated.

And it would utterly destroy them; it's not a long-term option.

Both are in in their 80s - they would happily take their chances to experience a bit of libery and social contact. It's as much as we can do to get them to accept a short-term isolation.
  • Options
    DAlexanderDAlexander Posts: 815

The sky is so clear now, I've never seen the North Star so bright before.
  • Options

Was just thinking the same
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

That’s my understanding too. By reducing the chance of their getting it, we make sure we have the capacity to cope with those that do.
    What does this “coping” consist of? There is no cure. “Coping” just seems to be a polite way of saying that those admitted to hospital die in beds rather than on trollies or on the floor.

And what does the “testing” actually achieve? Not saying it’s wrong or unnecessary but what is it for, exactly?
  • Options
    Floater said:

Was just thinking the same
    Hope she is ok.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,916
    Regarding Boris’ great leader ratings... he has provided, by design or accident, exactly what a large percentage of the country want - social democracy inside closed borders. The reason neither side can usually win big majorities is they promise one or the other.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    So it turns out that socialised medicine was a massive strategic advantage. Who knew?
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

eristdoof said:

Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

Surely the long-term strategy has to be develop a vaccine.
  • Options
    FF43 said:

IanB2 said:

FF43 said:

Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

Sorry you're right I got the percentages the wrong way round. So approximately 400 000 deaths are needed to get to herd immunity at 1% mortality, I reckon.
    we just don't know! the modelling is exquisitely sensitive to many parameters we just don't have. test... test... test... data... data... data.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Andy_JS said:

It was born because there wasn't enough politics happening to provide 3 political threaders a day; then we flipped in 2015 from there being not enough politics to a lot too much.
  • Options

Cyclefree said:

eristdoof said:

Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

Without a vaccine there can be no other strategy. And one of the reasons they are discussing things like herd immunity is that vaccines for things like Coronaviruses are extremely difficult to develop. There was a lot of progress made on a SARS vaccine but it never got to the point of human testing so to date we have no vaccine for either SARS or MERS.

That is not to say we won't get one for COVID-19 but those talking with near certainty of one being developed any time soon are perhaps being over optimistic.
    Thanks. Not very encouraging from my perspective.
  • Options

The sky is so clear now, I've never seen the North Star so bright before.
    Venus certainly looked bright a few days ago.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Floater said:

The religious fundamentalism and the plugs for different company's
  • Options

Cyclefree said:

eristdoof said:

Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

And if there isn’t.....?
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,150
    Andy_JS said:

"On Monday, former supreme court justice Lord Sumption said that excessive measures were in danger of turning Britain into a “police state”, singling out Derbyshire police – which deployed drones and dyed a lagoon black – for “trying to shame people in using their undoubted right to take exercise in the country and wrecking beauty spots in the fells”."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/mar/30/uk-police-guidelines-coronavirus-lockdown-enforcement-powers-following-criticism-lord-sumption

He presented a cogent case on the World at One (Radio 4) earlier today. Worth listening to.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,960
    Andy_JS said:

Only they didn't dye a lagoon black.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    Was this the last outing?

https://www7.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2015/05/26/pb-nighthawks-is-now-open-55/

Ah, happy days - May 2015. Comments include commiserations to one Nick Palmer ex-(2)- MP.
  • Options
    if i could ask for one thing. it won't happen but hey ho. isolate an entire town and test everyone, test them every week. and track them. in these war conditions it wouldn't be that hard. maybe norwich.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,067
    Foxy said:

Cyclefree said:

eristdoof said:

Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

As well as the possibility of vaccine, there is the development of effective treatments. Perhaps targeted antivirals, perhaps monoclonal antibodies, or simply convalescent serum. In addition the virus could just Peter out or become less virulent. Where there is life, there is hope. Hang in there @Cyclefree.
    I'm intrigued by this terrifying disease which mysteriously came and then vanished:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweating_sickness
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,850

tyson said:

I am sure L4%K means something to the initiated...
    Liz 4% Kendall

The least successful leadership candidate in Labour history
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,341

Do we have a ballpark for the seats Tories would have gained/Labour would have lost in December on more updated boundaries?
    I've thought about this for 30 seconds and so far as I can see the more egregious gerrymandering measures have been removed so it may be more neutral than some would hope. I'd caution that any movement of seats to England from Wales or Scotland might be exploited by nationalist parties.

We do need more detail though. Chloe Smith's written statement is here:
    https://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-statement/Commons/2020-03-24/HCWS183/
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

eristdoof said:

Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

And if there isn’t.....?
    I'm going to have to refer you to @Foxy's post. I do feel for your predicament though.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

IanB2 said:

Cyclefree said:

blairf said:

What does this “coping” consist of? There is no cure. “Coping” just seems to be a polite way of saying that those admitted to hospital die in beds rather than on trollies or on the floor.

And what does the “testing” actually achieve? Not saying it’s wrong or unnecessary but what is it for, exactly?
    If there isn't a healthy human nearby the virus has nowhere to go and dies out. The key to keeping transmission to an absolute minimum of to keep the uninfected segregated from the infected. Testing allows a degree of confidence in who is in which group. Testing doesn't solve the problem of itself. You need to segregate. But it allows that segregation to be more accurate. Accurate segregation not only reduces transmission it also allows healthy people to go about their normal activities.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

Was this the last outing?

https://www7.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2015/05/26/pb-nighthawks-is-now-open-55/

Ah, happy days - May 2015. Comments include commiserations to one Nick Palmer ex-(2)- MP.

Ironic. What a lucky escape that defeat was.
This discussion has been closed.