Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Voting closes in the LAB leadership contest with Starmer rated

SystemSystem Posts: 11,003
edited April 2020 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Voting closes in the LAB leadership contest with Starmer rated as a 99% chance on Betfair

As polls close for the Labour leadership election, I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has taken part in this campaign.I honestly believe that we have come out of the other end of this contest as a better party: more united and ready to build another future. pic.twitter.com/Ff1SS6D3By

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,239
    edited April 2020
    Hopefully it won’t be tears for Keir’s supporters.
  • Options
    Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981
    Perhaps 99% of punters have forgotten how the bookies make money
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077
    Can’t wait to cancel my DD when Keir doesn’t win.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    It would be hilarious if Starmer fails.

Total valid votes cast: 600,000

Starmer 400,000 votes
    Rebecca Long Bailey 410,000 votes
    Nandy 70,000 votes
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Airbus in Spain using their 3D printers to make medical visor frames for nearby Spanish hospitals and medical facilities
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,290
    (FPT)
    RobD said:

Chris said:

RobD said:

kamski said:

RobD said:

TGOHF666 said:

RobD said:

Those carrying out the testing at IKEA Wembley dont have the right PPE.

FFS can those organising this go off and run a brewery instead

I could imagine this been done giving the enormous pressure to increase testing numbers.
    What happens when the test numbers rise and the deaths keep on increasing ?
    They should really be ramping up for the antibody test, that's the one you want to do in huge numbers. I am not sure what the benefit is of testing hundreds of thousands of people to know if they actually have it. I don't think contact tracing is a thing anymore? But they've committed themselves to it, and the pressure is there for them to do it, regardless of whether or not it is the best thing to do.
    Until there are enough people confirmed to have antibodies that they can run care homes and hospitals then it would be great to be able to test care workers and frontline health workers, to know if they actually have it.
    Yeah, and once you've tested someone and they have the antibodies, they don't need to be tested for the virus ever again.
    Even if there were no false negatives, there's virtually no evidence about how long immunity to this virus lasts.
    Is there evidence for other, similar, coronaviruses?
    They did a followup on SARS survivors (the most similar coronavirus) which showed the majority still had antibody circulating in the blood, though much reduced amounts, thirteen years later.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    edited April 2020
    Floater said:

Airbus in Spain using their 3D printers to make medical visor frames for nearby Spanish hospitals and medical facilities

I saw Lamborghini were making them too.

I hope they have the logo on....
  • Options
    The chairman of the World Medical Association has said that China's figures on the new coronavirus infections aren't credible, Associated Press reports.

But he added that the numbers aren't credible in many other countries, either.

Dr Frank Ulrich Montgomery said the recent low Chinese numbers were "nonsense" and suggested Beijing was intentionally providing false figures. Other countries are also working with uncertain figures because better data often isn't available, he added.

Dr Montgomery cited the lack of proper testing as a major reason explaining why many developing countries are reporting low infection rates.

He called for the World Health Organization to do more to impress on governments in poorer nations the need to take measures to restrict the spread of the pandemic. If the virus takes hold in megacities such as Cairo, "then it's going to get really dangerous," Dr Montgomery warned.

Paging Tyson......
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,290

No, it will be Keir and loathing on the campaign trail.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

I hope that Boris invites him to COBRA briefings. It is the right thing to do now that we have a Labour leader who is not terminally stupid.

Are COBR still meeting?

Certainly should be invited.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,137

If it is, then surely Labour will spilt.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,935
    edited April 2020
    Looks like Starmer will win on the first ballot then if Yougov is correct.

If so will be the first time the centrist candidate has won a contested Labour leadership election since Blair in 1994, a Starmer win will also shift Labour to a more explicitly pro single market position post Brexit, especially if Nandy is only polling 16% with the Labour selectorate as the most willing to compromise with Leavers candidate
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,799
    On a GNU. Massive distraction agreeing that formally and replacing loads of ministers. I just wonder if, when Starmer has announced ShadCab whether HMG would invite appropriate appointments to shadow / contribute from within as additional ministers of state, with the possibility that they could step up to acting cabinet level should COVID affect the Con led government's ability to operate.

I think still a lot of barriers to that happening, but it is something I wouldn't mind happening.
  • Options
    Comedian Eddie Large has died after contracting Covid-19, his son has said.

The Little And Large star, 78, was best known for his partnership with Syd Little.

His family said he had coronavirus and his son, Ryan McGinnis, posted on Facebook:

"It is with great sadness that Mum and I need to announce that my dad passed away in the early hours of this morning.

"He had been suffering with heart failure and unfortunately, whilst in hospital, contracted the coronavirus, which his heart was sadly not strong enough to fight."

• Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    DavidL said:

I hope that Boris invites him to COBRA briefings. It is the right thing to do now that we have a Labour leader who is not terminally stupid.

It would enrage Corbyn, too. win win.
  • Options
    Pro_Rata said:

On a GNU. Massive distraction agreeing that formally and replacing loads of ministers. I just wonder if, when Starmer has announced ShadCab whether HMG would invite appropriate appointments to shadow / contribute from within as additional ministers of state, with the possibility that they could step up to acting cabinet level should COVID affect the Con led government's ability to operate.

I think still a lot of barriers to that happening, but it is something I wouldn't mind happening.

No need to have a GNU, that is what COBR is for.
  • Options
    ABZABZ Posts: 441
    This is positive: https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-90-minute-covid-19-test-with-98-7-accuracy-to-be-rolled-out-across-uk-11967401

Not quite sure how many tests can be performed in parallel.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,112

DavidL said:

Are COBR still meeting?

Certainly should be invited.
    My understanding is that they are meeting electronically. I may be wrong about that.
  • Options
    Make Bane PM
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,325

Starmer 400,000 votes
    Nandy 70,000 votes

Is there an element of rounding going on.. ???
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,491

Everybody want to rule the world.
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,799

Pro_Rata said:

No need to have a GNU, that is what COBR is for.
    Attending COBR would help inform the situation, but would not help with the amount of information needing to be processed and acted on rapidly by ministers within individual departments.
  • Options

Starmer 400,000 votes
    Nandy 70,000 votes

Is there an element of rounding going on.. ???
    No. That was the joke.
  • Options
    Floater said:

The chairman of the World Medical Association has said that China's figures on the new coronavirus infections aren't credible, Associated Press reports.

Dr Frank Ulrich Montgomery said the recent low Chinese numbers were "nonsense" and suggested Beijing was intentionally providing false figures. Other countries are also working with uncertain figures because better data often isn't available, he added.

Dr Montgomery cited the lack of proper testing as a major reason explaining why many developing countries are reporting low infection rates.

He called for the World Health Organization to do more to impress on governments in poorer nations the need to take measures to restrict the spread of the pandemic. If the virus takes hold in megacities such as Cairo, "then it's going to get really dangerous," Dr Montgomery warned.

Paging Tyson......

The idea that it is "going" to get dangerous on the day that the official death toll will pass 50K is...troubling.
  • Options
    Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,060
    Foxy said:

Everybody want to rule the world.
    :smiley:
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,095
    Do we know if everyone’s received ballot papers yet?
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,834
    I know this should be a clear win for Starmer, but there's been lots of stories going round of ballot papers not being delivered. I do wonder if there might be a surprise in the offing?

Worth a tenner at 50/1 (lay at 1.02)?
  • Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556

Make Bane PM

'Oh, you think loo roll is your ally? But you merely adopted the roll; I was born in it, moulded by it...'
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

I know this should be a clear win for Starmer, but there's been lots of stories going round of ballot papers not being delivered. I do wonder if there might be a surprise in the offing?

Do we know who runs the actual ballot? Is it in house or do they contract it out?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    ydoethur said:

Sandpit said:

Do we know who runs the actual ballot? Is it in house or do they contract it out?
    Last time it was ERS, not sure about this one though.

Not in-house, who would have confidence in that?
  • Options
    FPT:
    British American Tobacco reckons their scientists have found a promising Covid-19 vaccine candidate, and have the capability to mass-produce millions of doses within weeks if given approval to do so.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/04/01/cigarette-maker-claims-coronavirus-vaccine-breakthrough/
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

This is their opportunity to show that Stalin was a bit of an old softy at heart:
    "It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes.".
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,419
    'How many more royals and celebrities were infected at Cheltenham? Organisers are under fire after Andrew Parker Bowles, comic Lee Mack and footballer Charlie Austin catch virus after mixing with 60,000-strong crowd"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8179369/How-Cheltenham-Festival-hotspot-coronavirus-cases.html
  • Options
    DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

This is their opportunity to show that Stalin was a bit of an old softy at heart:
    "It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes.".
    Although Stalin always made sure at key votes his supporters were in the majority.
  • Options

Jeez, I have a telephone interview with the managing partner of a local law firm this afternoon, after a cold-approach by email this morning. Wish me luck!

Good luck! You’ll do great.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

Although Stalin always made sure at key votes his supporters were in the majority.
    Bit like Boris then?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I have just been told that COVID can last 9 days on supermarket trolleys

When I say told, this is by people involved in planning responses - not just a random guy on the internet
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,964
    Good luck, Mr. Gate.

I shall sacrifice a goat to Athena on your behalf.
  • Options

Jeez, I have a telephone interview with the managing partner of a local law firm this afternoon, after a cold-approach by email this morning. Wish me luck!

Very best of luck. Are you good to go or do you have exams to finish yet? If so what are the Universities doing about that?
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Delivery to Starmer voters commences Monday.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,049
    Floater said:

Paging Tyson......

it was the tens off thousands, possibly hundred of thousands that have died that I thought was fake news....and didn't compute with the Chinese doctors journals findings, and China sending out materials (and doctors) to Europe....

• Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Good luck.

Make sure to tidy yourself up in case it turns out to be a video call.
  • Options
    The Corbyn revolution has really petered out on a whimper.....
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

'How many more royals and celebrities were infected at Cheltenham? Organisers are under fire after Andrew Parker Bowles, comic Lee Mack and footballer Charlie Austin catch virus after mixing with 60,000-strong crowd"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8179369/How-Cheltenham-Festival-hotspot-coronavirus-cases.html

How many people in the boxes and enclosures at Cheltenham had been skiing in Italy the week before, that is the question?
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

FPT:
    British American Tobacco reckons their scientists have found a promising Covid-19 vaccine candidate, and have the capability to mass-produce millions of doses within weeks if given approval to do so.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/04/01/cigarette-maker-claims-coronavirus-vaccine-breakthrough/

Dundee University have an interesting study in which they are developing anti-bodies to the virus in a flock of sheep. I presume the leader of the project is from Aberdeen.
  • Options
    ABZ said:
    So these machines are £23,000 a pop.

OK celebs - how many can YOU buy?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,955

Good luck!
  • Options
    Floater said:

When I say told, this is by people involved in planning responses - not just a random guy on the internet

Have you heard that little tip about washing your hands....if you take the view that everything you touch outside your house could be Covid infested, and every passer by is potentially a spluttering Covid germ bag...then act accordingly....
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    There were a lot of stories of people not receiving their ballots and allegedly this seemed more of an issue for members who joined the Labour Party before Corbyn took charge and for those who joined after the general election which would of course favour RLB .

If RLB wins then it will be a case of a stitch up and the Labour Party will implode , however even in the polling of just members who had joined during the height of the Corbyn era her lead wasn’t big and the second choices would favour KS as Nandy supporters wouldn’t be putting RLB as their second choice .

• Options
    ydoethur said:

Sandpit said:

FPT:

The irony of a tobacco company finding a cure for a lung problem would be delicious.
    Indeed so, Alanis Morisette level of irony.
  • Options
    tyson said:

Floater said:

Have you heard that little tip about washing your hands....if you take the view that everything you touch outside your house could be Covid infested, and every passer by is potentially a spluttering Covid germ bag...then act accordingly....
    You really are a grumpy muppet at times

I was sharing the info for others benefit

• Options
    FPT
    My good lady wife has now been out allegedly at Tesco's for more than an hour.

Do I assume:

(a) that there is a very long queue to get into the shop;
    (b) that she is indulging in a wild affair in breach of her social distancing obligations?
    (c) that she was involved in a fight to the death for the last piece of dried pasta and, very uncharacteristically, lost?
    (d) all of the above?

She has returned and is adamant that it was (a). Right...
  • Options
    Floater said:

The "found 17 days later in cruise ship" proved to be bollocks. The longest I have heard of is 72 hours - stainless steel I think that was on. Any research that shows it can be longer than that?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

FPT

Do I assume:

(b) that she is indulging in a wild affair in breach of her social distancing obligations?
    (c) that she was involved in a fight to the death for the last piece of dried pasta and, very uncharacteristically, lost?
    (d) all of the above?

Be original David.

There was a long queue to get into the shop, so to jump it she indulged in a wild affair with the manager to get moved to the front. Once there, there was a wild fight to the death over the last packet of pasta which she won, but she then had to wash the blood off the pasta she’d clubbed the other person to death with so it would scan.

Does that work?
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,210
    Many LibDems voted for Swinson because they felt the party absolutely had to break its duck of female leaders, and it is interesting that the same consideration hasn’t weighed as heavily on Labour members. Perhaps Swinson’s crashing and burning helped them consider who would actually be best for the job?
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Sandpit said:

FPT:

The irony of a tobacco company finding a cure for a lung problem would be delicious.
    Gotta keep the punters alive so they can continue smoking.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

DavidL said:

FPT

Do I assume:

(d) all of the above?

Be original David.

There was a long queue to get into the shop, so to jump it she indulged in a wild affair with the manager to get moved to the front. Once there, there was a wild fight to the death over the last packet of pasta which she won, but she then had to wash the blood off the pasta she’d clubbed the other person to death with so it would scan.

Does that work?
    Sounds a lot more credible, that's for sure.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

FPT

Do I assume:

(d) all of the above?

When the Summons arrives, you'll get a better understanding of what went down.

Was she buying Easter eggs I wonder?
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Many LibDems voted for Swinson because they felt the party absolutely had to break its duck of female leaders, and it is interesting that the same consideration hasn’t weighed as heavily on Labour members. Perhaps Swinson’s crashing and burning helped them consider who would actually be best for the job?

It is weird though that if Starmer wins there will never have been a Labour full leadership election where a woman has finished ahead of a man. Every man in the race has always got more votes than any woman.
  • Options
    Floater said:

tyson said:

Floater said:

I wasn't being grumpy....I was being mischievous....

our daily walk is like playing life size pac man....avoiding joggers, remembering not to scratch your nose, you need eyes in the back of your head...
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

Afterwards if not in advance.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

IanB2 said:

It is weird though that if Starmer wins there will never have been a Labour full leadership election where a woman has finished ahead of a man. Every man in the race has always got more votes than any woman.
    Lisa Nandy will be the next leader after Kier.....
  • Options
    tyson said:

Floater said:

tyson said:

Floater said:

our daily walk is like playing life size pac man....avoiding joggers, remembering not to scratch your nose, you need eyes in the back of your head...
    Fair enough then

I find that as soon as I think about the fact I must not touch face the most excruciating itch starts :smiley:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    IanB2 said:

ydoethur said:

DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

Afterwards if not in advance.
    Usually it was in advance. That is why he was able to outmanoeuvre Trotsky - he was in charge of inviting people to the party Congress, so Trotsky’s supporters were never there. Indeed, he failed to invite Trotsky to the fairly important occasion of Lenin’s funeral...
  • Options
    Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981
    Sandpit said:

Andy_JS said:

How many people in the boxes and enclosures at Cheltenham had been skiing in Italy the week before, that is the question?
    Surely the question should be "Why was such an event allowed to take place given what we knew at the time?"
  • Options
    tyson said:

ydoethur said:

IanB2 said:

Since 2007, when Himself was anointed unopposed, Labour have positively delighted in electing somewhat unexpected and with hindsight, sometimes rather rubbish leaders.

It would be a brave punter to bet on who will win the next leadership election.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    I think we can now kiss recession goodbye and say hello to depression.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I live in a sleepy part of the world, but there are definitely more people and more traffic out and about than yesterday. Has the knock to the government’s credibility made people sceptical about conforming with the lockdown? Are people starting to tire of it? Has the cloudier weather made more people decide to do their essential shopping today?
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077
    edited April 2020
    Thank you all. :)
    DavidL said:

Very best of luck. Are you good to go or do you have exams to finish yet? If so what are the Universities doing about that?
    I still have exams to do in May, and they’re now “e-exams” which are basically just the same exams, but now open-book, and need to be done within 24 hours.

Yeah, I don’t get it either.
  • Options
    tyson said:

Floater said:

tyson said:

Floater said:

A friend of mine with a somewhat mischievous sense of humour suggesting creeping up behind, well let's say novice joggers who are now infecting the posher part of Edinburgh and coughing. He claimed that the absolute reduction on the demands on the NHS could be considerable.
  • Options
    tyson said:

ydoethur said:

IanB2 said:

Thus becoming the second permanent Labour leader after RLB...

Whatever happens the uproar in Labour will continue. My gentle baiting of mates about RLB has them openly admitting they will quit the instant she is declared to have "won". Alternately Starmer wins, is still reliant on a Labour machine which has been rebuilt in Corbyn's image and has to make Burgon shadow Chancellor.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

tyson said:

Floater said:

tyson said:

Floater said:

A friend of mine with a somewhat mischievous sense of humour suggesting creeping up behind, well let's say novice joggers who are now infecting the posher part of Edinburgh and coughing. He claimed that the absolute reduction on the demands on the NHS could be considerable.
    Doesn’t that count as assault?
  • Options
    tyson said:

Floater said:

Paging Tyson......

it was the tens off thousands, possibly hundred of thousands that have died that I thought was fake news....and didn't compute with the Chinese doctors journals findings, and China sending out materials (and doctors) to Europe....

I think it's reasonable to agree with Montgomery that the RECENT reporting from China is laughable.

But the point of contention was whether the INITIAL reporting in Jan/Feb was deceptive to the point of explaining/excusing the tentative pandemic response in other countries. And back then their reporting was solid enough, everyone else was sufficiently warned.
  • Options

Thank you all. :)

DavidL said:

I still have exams to do in May, and they’re now “e-exams” which are basically just the same exams, but now open-book, and need to be done within 24 hours.

Yeah, I don’t get it either.
    We'll have fun writing those with you....
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,299
    DavidL said:

I totally disagree. If it was wrong then, it's wrong now.
  • Options

tyson said:

ydoethur said:

IanB2 said:

Whatever happens the uproar in Labour will continue. My gentle baiting of mates about RLB has them openly admitting they will quit the instant she is declared to have "won". Alternately Starmer wins, is still reliant on a Labour machine which has been rebuilt in Corbyn's image and has to make Burgon shadow Chancellor.
    Surely not even Corbynites would be dense enough to expect that?
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,911
    IanB2 said:

I live in a sleepy part of the world, but there are definitely more people and more traffic out and about than yesterday. Has the knock to the government’s credibility made people sceptical about conforming with the lockdown? Are people starting to tire of it? Has the cloudier weather made more people decide to do their essential shopping today?

I agree. I live in rural Lincolnshire but close to an A road and I have seen a substantial increase in road traffic through this week. All last week and at the start of this week it was almost all lorries with the occasional car and van. Now I am seeing more cars than lorries which is very worrying. Still no where near normal but certainly well up from the start of the lockdown.
  • Options
    paulyork64paulyork64 Posts: 2,461
    RobD said:

ydoethur said:

Sandpit said:

FPT:

the vaccine includes nicotine. it isn't part of the cure but hey, business is business.
  • Options
    tyson said:

Floater said:

Paging Tyson......

Do you think the Chinese government cares more about its citizens or its image on the international stage?
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Andy_JS said:

Surely the question should be "Why was such an event allowed to take place given what we knew at the time?"
    Really glad to se you back Bev. There were a few concerned comments the last few days.
  • Options

IanB2 said:

I agree. I live in rural Lincolnshire but close to an A road and I have seen a substantial increase in road traffic through this week. All last week and at the start of this week it was almost all lorries with the occasional car and van. Now I am seeing more cars than lorries which is very worrying. Still no where near normal but certainly well up from the start of the lockdown.
    Perhaps people needing to stock up again as their stores of fresh food run low.
  • Options

tyson said:

ydoethur said:

IanB2 said:

All the talk from Starmer about "unity" concerns me.

If Starmer is to be taken seriously step one should be sacking Burgon and Long Bailey etc in his first reshuffle. Johnson sacked Hunt, there is no reason why Starmer shouldn't sack Long Bailey.
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913
    ydoethur said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

ydoethur said:

Sandpit said:

Civica Election Services (ERS new title as now part of the Civica Group)
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,299
    RobD said:

tyson said:

Floater said:

Paging Tyson......

Do you think the Chinese government cares more about its citizens or its image on the international stage?
    The latter of course. Frankly, the citizens probably care less about the citizens than the image too. It's a very prestige conscious society from what I can gather.
  • Options
    Floater said:

tyson said:

Floater said:

The info is appreciated but I do think Tyson is right to the extent that we should all behave as if every surface we touch is contaminated and act accordingly. How many shopping trolley handles are unused for even 1 day let alone 9?
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Andy_JS said:

It's not like anyone at the time was saying you'd have to be dumb as a brick to

1) allow it to go ahead

2) join the throng of visitors attending
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    OllyT said:

ydoethur said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

ydoethur said:

Sandpit said:

Civica Election Services (ERS new title as now part of the Civica Group)
    I’ve had dealings with them before.

They’re more useless than a Labour disciplinary policy.

It’s probably just a cock up.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,946
    DavidL said:

FPT

Do I assume:

(d) all of the above?

Women are multi-taskers, one of those tasks being to constantly tell me that this is the case.

(d) all the way.
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,325
    edited April 2020

tyson said:

ydoethur said:

IanB2 said:

All the talk from Starmer about "unity" concerns me.

If Starmer is to be taken seriously step one should be sacking Burgon and Long Bailey etc in his first reshuffle. Johnson sacked Hunt, there is no reason why Starmer shouldn't sack Long Bailey.
    Anyone who supported Corbyn should be sent directly to Rura Penthe.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

tyson said:

ydoethur said:

IanB2 said:

If Starmer wins 53% to 31% for Long Bailey he has a mandate to throw most Corbynites under a bus and make Cooper Shadow Chancellor
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

tyson said:

ydoethur said:

IanB2 said:

If Corbyn wins 53% to 31% for Long Bailey he has a mandate to throw most Corbynites under a bus and make Cooper Shadow Chancellor
    Ummmm...
  • Options
    RobD said:

IanB2 said:

Perhaps people needing to stock up again as their stores of fresh food run low.
    Don't get me wrong I am not judging any individuals on this. It could easily be every single one of them has a really valid reason for being out and about. It is just worrying that there does seem to be a steady day on day increase in traffic.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

tyson said:

ydoethur said:

IanB2 said:

If Corbyn wins 53% to 31% for Long Bailey he has a mandate to throw most Corbynites under a bus and make Cooper Shadow Chancellor
    Ummmm...
    Corrected
  • Options

RobD said:

ydoethur said:

Sandpit said:

FPT:

the vaccine includes nicotine. it isn't part of the cure but hey, business is business.
    It was interesting reading the article to see they were at the forefront of the vaccine for Ebola. Apparently tobacco plants are really useful for developing vaccines. No idea why.
This discussion has been closed.