Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Boris admitted to hospital

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited April 2020 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Boris admitted to hospital

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson admitted to hospital for tests, 10 days after testing positive for coronavirus https://t.co/RhjYRNfpUN

Read the full story here

Comments

• First
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    2nd
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    III
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,043
    Grim times.
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,696
    December 12th 2019 seems a looooooooooong time ago...
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,401
    Get well soon, Prime Minister.

RobD said:

If we needed a new PM at very short notice would HM call Raab as First Secretary of State?

That would seem likely, given that he is the designated successor.
    Deja Vu. We had a long discussion on this around 7.30 ish this morning. It's complicated and not as simple as Raab assuming power.

Anyway, let's hope Boris is okay.
    I missed that conversation, and the context has changed since. The PM could be dead by the time 24 hours have passed since then. Appointing a successor quickly would be critical.
    I do so hate people surmising what ifs if someone were to die.. its nasty.
    Each to their own. I do not regard speculating about worst case scenarios as nasty. It's worth thinking about what happens in a crisis so we might have some idea what would happen.

kle4 said:

RobD said:

kle4 said:

Queen to announce tomorrow that she will become PM.

She's been playing the long game.
    I always suspected the Royals never reconciled to the revolution of 1689.
    Surely the current lot are - they wouldn't be on the throne if it weren't for the 1689 revolution.
    Sure, but it's one thing to accept the price demanded for it and another not to regret that price. Parliament was not required to set every year since 1689 after all. Not right at the start at least*

*actually I'm not sure about that, but I think it was a few more years before annual parliaments were required, I might be wrong on that.
  • Well this is scary, animals are testing positive for Covid-19.

https://twitter.com/kelvinnewman/status/1246904252775137281
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,281
    Bugger - my very funny Boris Bus quip lost in the passing of a thread.
    he PM is expected to remain in hospital overnight, according to the BBC’s political editor.

Johnson is in an NHS hospital in London where he will stay for “as long as needed”.

Johnson was taken to hospital earlier this evening, he has been admitted, so expected to stay in overnight and is having what are described as ‘routine tests’ -

Nothing routine about this situation....
    Floater said:

he PM is expected to remain in hospital overnight, according to the BBC’s political editor.

Johnson is in an NHS hospital in London where he will stay for “as long as needed”.

Johnson was taken to hospital earlier this evening, he has been admitted, so expected to stay in overnight and is having what are described as ‘routine tests’ -

Nothing routine about this situation....

The tests may be routine though.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842
    One point my friends noted with the virus was that they needed to sleep sometimes for ~18 hours a day. That's the body trying to produce the antibodies to fight it. Absolubtely critical to rest, rest, rest if you get the virus.
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,281

Well this is scary, animals are testing positive for Covid-19.

I don't think that's new news - I am sure I read earlier that domestic cats have tested positive but that they have not been shown to pass C-19 on to humans*

(*Though, now I type that, I can't see any reason why :disappointed:)
    dr_spyn said:
    One of those situations where you have to wonder why the hold up earlier today about it. Once it was revealed she had repeatedly flouted her own guidance her position was untenable, whereas just once was at least potentially survivable.

Larry the cat is in danger.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,748
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    GIN1138 said:

December 12th 2019 seems a looooooooooong time ago...

Back then, you'd have predicted that an April threader beginning "Boris admitted" would continue "that Jennifer Arcuri..."
  • dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,279
    https://twitter.com/nickeardleybbc/status/1246904827755495425

Statement from Dr Catherine Calderwood.
  • RobD said:

If we needed a new PM at very short notice would HM call Raab as First Secretary of State?

Deja Vu. We had a long discussion on this around 7.30 ish this morning. It's complicated and not as simple as Raab assuming power.

I missed that conversation, and the context has changed since. The PM could be dead by the time 24 hours have passed since then. Appointing a successor quickly would be critical.
    Its risk management and contingency planning. We're just a food manufacturer not a government but we've also had to discuss what happens if certain people fall ill who are critical to the business and how we will work around them.

Whats the alternative - make it up as it unfolds?
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,282
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,711
    Pulpstar said:

One point my friends noted with the virus was that they needed to sleep sometimes for ~18 hours a day. That's the body trying to produce the antibodies to fight it. Absolubtely critical to rest, rest, rest if you get the virus.

Indeed, rest as long as he needs, acting PM Dominic Raab can take over in the meantime
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,837
    Without wishing anything but the very best for Boris. Raab v Starmer is not the same as Boris v Jezza.
  • Well this is scary, animals are testing positive for Covid-19.

I’m not getting within two metres of a tiger.
    Obviously you've not watched Tiger King.
  • HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

Indeed, rest as long as he needs, acting PM Dominic Raab can take over in the meantime
    Raab would be a disaster, Hunt would be better

You say that now, but in your pomp...
  • glwglw Posts: 9,535

It's curtains for kittens.
    "Raab" trending on Twitter.
  • nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    eadric said:

fpt For mysticrose

I’ve had the same conspiratorial thoughts

If it’s abioweapon,this is a perfect doomsday weapon. Easily transmitted. Scary and nasty. Survives on surfaces for days. A sneeze can send if 70 feet. No immunity.

The idea is you’d make the virus. And also the vaccine. Vaccinate your own population.
    Then in emergency release it

You, china, have the the vaccine

The virus will not kill billions but it is bad enough to terrify the world and crash economies. So you become the global hegemon, handing out the vaccine, to supplicant countries

But then the virus escapes prematurely, before the vaccine is ready.....

I don’t believe but if i was writing the script that’s how it would go

My honest guess is it came from the lab my mistake.

You accepting liability?
    This shall now form a plank of my support for the Union. I don't want to lose the ability to claim a constituent part of my country invented such a thing.
  • AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Sounds concerning. He’s been a terrible Prime Minister but nevertheless I still wish him a speedy recovery.

Not least because the alternatives hardly inspire confidence.
  • ChrisChris Posts: 11,009
    eadric said:

fpt For mysticrose

If it’s abioweapon,this is a perfect doomsday weapon. Easily transmitted. Scary and nasty. Survives on surfaces for days. A sneeze can send if 70 feet. No immunity.

The idea is you’d make the virus. And also the vaccine. Vaccinate your own population.

The virus will not kill billions but it is bad enough to terrify the world and crash economies. So you become the global hegemon, handing out the vaccine, to supplicant countries

Come off it - we know it came from a meteorite!
  • FossFoss Posts: 694
    DEFRA did manage to loose Foot and Mouth back in 2007.
  • alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518
    edited April 2020
  • alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518
    nichomar said:

eadric said:

fpt For mysticrose

You accepting liability?
    :)
    eadric said:

fpt For mysticrose

If it’s abioweapon, it is a perfect doomsday weapon. Easily transmitted. Scary and nasty. Survives on surfaces for days. A sneeze can send if 70 feet. No immunity.

The idea is you’d make the virus. And also the vaccine. Vaccinate your own population. Then in emergency release it

That sounds like something a certain bestselling international thriller writer would come up with... ;)
  • isamisam Posts: 40,731
    Oh dear. Get well soon Boris. I feel genuinely sad about this.

Regarding the Scottish CMO... I’m struggling to see what’s bad about someone travelling to their own house really, if they’re only with people who they live with in their other house. Maybe that’s not what happened, I’ve not really read it properly

Or did he give it to Boris???
  • MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,281
    edited April 2020
    If Boris couldn't continue, Raab would take over as PM in the short-term but there would then have to be a proper Conservative party leadership election.

I doubt Raab would win that.

I would have thought the final two would most likely be Sunak and Hunt.

Regretfully if you get within 20 it's probably up to the tiger if it wants to close the gap to two, or less...
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,959
    eadric said:

fpt For mysticrose

If it’s abioweapon, it is a perfect doomsday weapon. Easily transmitted. Scary and nasty. Survives on surfaces for days. A sneeze can send if 70 feet. No immunity.

The idea is you’d make the virus. And also the vaccine. Vaccinate your own population. Then in emergency release it

I don’t believe this - but if i was writing the script that’s how it would go

My honest guess is it came from the lab, by mistake.

This what I wrote here in the small hours of this morning. My fevered imagination...

"In the novel, it is uncertain whether China has "won". It crafted the virus to wreak economic havoc once its own fortress was built - but suffered greatly when it had the virus released from a Wuhan lab by foreign powers, appalled after having learnt of its plans. Of course, neither side could admit what had occurred.

The foreign powers hadn't won either, not with so many tens of million dead. But along with the rest of the world, they had settled into a policy of "buy China last". China was gradually crumbling from this lack of trade. The Chinese Communist Party was riven with factions. We join as a military plot on whether to invade Taiwan is being decided upon...."
  • rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,881
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Boris.
    MikeL said:

Raab would take over as PM in the short-term but there would then have to be a proper Conservative party leadership election.

I would have thought final two would most likely be Sunak and Hunt.

The short term could be months, maybe a year.
    I bet Gove's doing what he does best right now - plotting!!!
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,789
    If Johnson is unable to continue as PM the case for a GNU would be stronger.

Not seeing it? And Labour have already said they wouldn't anyway.
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    A while ago @AlastairMeeks wrote this thread header ( https://www7.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2020/02/19/a-journal-of-the-plague-year-the-politics-of-covid-19/ ) which links to a tweet showing the results of a very simplistic and pessimistic model of the virus. Currently real life deaths are outpacing the model

I've turned the model into a spreadsheet that you can copy and play around with the numbers. By good chance today is one of the days the model spits out a number for. The model predicted seven and a half thousand deaths by now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XTwPjI5l4d_xZAXOQy72LU8eRoPJyfU6fp9Hgx1flUo/edit?usp=sharing
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Hope he gets well soon - and anyone else afflicted with this illness.
    isam said:

Regarding the Scottish CMO... I’m struggling to see what’s bad about someone travelling to their own house really, if they’re only with people who they live with in their other house. Maybe that’s not what happened, I’ve not really read it properly

It's bad when you appear on TV telling everyone else not to do it and then, erm, go out and do it.
    RobD said:

Corbyn said they shouldn't, but he's irrelevant now.
    I'd love to hear the COM's thinking on this. I've just told Scotland to stay at home, so let's load the car up and head out to Fife? No one will notice.
    MikeL said:

If Boris couldn't continue, Raab would take over as PM in the short-term but there would then have to be a proper Conservative party leadership election.

It would be sorted out by the MPs nobody sane would now have an election
  • MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651

RobD said:

Its risk management and contingency planning. We're just a food manufacturer not a government but we've also had to discuss what happens if certain people fall ill who are critical to the business and how we will work around them.

Whats the alternative - make it up as it unfolds?
    I don't understand the approach to risk management taken by senior politicians across the world, really. It isn't just here, there's the Trudeaus in Canada, and plenty who could have caught it but fortunately didn't. At least QE2 was safely wrapped in cotton wool. Frankly a lot of world leaders would have been better to descend into their nuclear bunker or modern equivalent.

All developed countries presumably have the necessary emergency communications infrastructure for high-level government as to not require face-to-face meetings with the top bods. Why not use them? Yes it's going above and beyond the official advice to the general public, but politicians meet a lot of people (and a lot of those people are important to emergency response, senior administrators and advisers) so from a risk management point of view it's worth being stricter to prevent the response being damaged by inconveniently timed incapacitations at the top. At the very least cutting down on handshakes and unnecessary meetings weeks before (how often would a phone call suffice?) could have been a decent start. Instead, there were still members of the public going round tours of the Palace of Westminster and lots of MPs and cabinet ministers holding relatively unimportant visits and meetings just a few weeks ago.
    edited April 2020
    isam said:

What's bad is she's told people not to do that sort of thing and then done it, several times.
    BBC news confirms Raab will lead the government's coronavirus meeting tomorrow

RobD said:

Good. At least this dark weekend has put the Corbyn era into a burial pit.
    edited April 2020
    GIN1138 said:

Plotters will be at work, sealed with spitting on their palms and shaking hands. Conspiracies are often brought down by their own foibles.
    isam said:

True. The problem is she advised other people not to do it.

RobD said:

In the interview this morning Starmer seemed to suggest the same thing. I'm still not seeing why the case is stronger, could you elaborate on that?
    GIN1138 said:

If he isn't, Lady McGove is.....

eadric said:

fpt For mysticrose

I don’t believe this - but if i was writing the script that’s how it would go

My honest guess is it came from the lab, by mistake.

This what I wrote here in the small hours of this morning. My fevered imagination...

"In the novel, it is uncertain whether China has "won". It crafted the virus to wreak economic havoc once its own fortress was built - but suffered greatly when it had the virus released from a Wuhan lab by foreign powers, appalled after having learnt of its plans. Of course, neither side could admit what had occurred.

The foreign powers hadn't won either, not with so many tens of million dead. But along with the rest of the world, they had settled into a policy of "buy China last". China was gradually crumbling from this lack of trade. The Chinese Communist Party was riven with factions. We join as a military plot on whether to invade Taiwan is being decided upon...."
    Better plot: China has the vaccine and secretly administers it to all its citizens (by bundling it with polio or flu vaccines) *except* the inhabitants of Wuhan. *China* then deliberately releases the virus in Wuhan, sacrificing its own so that it can plausibly present itself as victim rather than perpetrator.
    Floater said:

Or did he give it to Boris???
    Probably
    https://twitter.com/Number10cat/status/1246895323844403200
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,401
    isam said:

Cos when every fuckwit heads off for a jolly to the hills or the coast we end up in the mess of two weekends ago.
    RobD said:

RobD said:

In the interview this morning Starmer seemed to suggest the same thing. I'm still not seeing why the case is stronger, could you elaborate on that?
    Just because of the need for unity, having an unelected PM who might be a divisive figure wouldn't be ideal.
    New headline ‘Queen furious as Johnson upstages her speach’

RobD said:

RobD said:

Just because of the need for unity, having an unelected PM who might be a divisive figure wouldn't be ideal.
    Is unity important? I would have thought opposition was more important to ask the tough questions. A GNU is not going to happen unless things get far, far worse.
  • isamisam Posts: 40,731
    Andy_JS said:

isam said:

kle4 said:

isam said:

What's bad is she's told people not to do that sort of thing and then done it, several times.

isam said:

It's bad when you appear on TV telling everyone else not to do it and then, erm, go out and do it.
    Yes. I guess I think the policy is stupid, but if she’s telling others not to do stuff, she shouldn’t do it herself obviously.

What’s the harm in moving from one empty house to another?
    isam said:

Andy_JS said:

isam said:

kle4 said:

isam said:

isam said:

Yes. I guess I think the policy is stupid, but if she’s telling others not to do stuff, she shouldn’t do it herself obviously.

If the travel is not essential it should not be done. That's the central message from the government.

isam said:

IIRC there had been a particularly harsh response to Scottish urbanites heading out to campervans and second homes in the Highlands and elsewhere, where it was feared capacity to respond would be less and they didn't want the virus spreading out in waves from the cities.

I think that's what made her position even more tenuous. What she did wasn't just going arguably against the spirit of the campaign she was fronting, it was something that had been actively and specifically condemned. It would utterly undermine the credibility of the messaging if she continued in her position.
  • CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,074

I have 3 cats with me in self-isolation ......
  • kinabalukinabalu Posts: 38,851
    edited April 2020

Yes I think the country will turn to Starmer.

Amazing timing too - just elected today.
    dr_spyn said:
    A big mis-step by Sturgeon not firing her.

But it is not exactly a slow news day, so damage minimal.
  • YokesYokes Posts: 1,178
    The situation for the PM is straightforward. He is likely to be 2 weeks in if he was confirmed 10 days ago. There is precisely no sign of recovery with issues in his breathing still prevalent.

If i read the medical thing right days 10 to 15 or so are where the greatest numbers of fatalities occur if there has been no recovery signs.
  • guybrushguybrush Posts: 234
    Michael Osterholm (American infectious disease epidemiologist, and ex-US gov Bioterrorism advisor) was recently on the Joe Rogan podcast, and discussed the Wuhan lab conspiracy theory. His take that Corvid-19 was way too elegant, too sophisticated to be a man-made bio-weapon.

So I tend to go with Occam' razor here. Brilliant conspiracy theory/thriller novel ground though, I admit.
  • squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,287

dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

Damage considerable... shown to.be weak.
  • MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,281
    edited April 2020
    nichomar said:

MikeL said:

Oh sure - I agree it probably wouldn't go to members - but my point is it wouldn't automatically be Raab.

At a minimum there would be MPs' votes.
    Did I hear correctly this morning that 5 LT bus drivers have died from the virus? The front line is more extensive than many perceive
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Is unity important? I would have thought opposition was more important to ask the tough questions. A GNU is not going to happen unless things get far, far worse.
    It's not an either or issue. It is possible to display unity of purpose and spirit whilst still providing appropriate opposition.

A GNU is not needed. Both sides parking partisan nonsense for a bit so that they work together on the important matters, including bringing in the opposition to some degree, and the opposition continuing to provide constructive challenge, that is what is needed.

And I think by and large that is what they will both do.
    guybrush said:

Michael Osterholm (American infectious disease epidemiologist, and ex-US gov Bioterrorism advisor) was recently on the Joe Rogan podcast, and discussed the Wuhan lab conspiracy theory. His take that Corvid-19 was way too elegant, too sophisticated to be a man-made bio-weapon.

So I tend to go with Occam' razor here. Brilliant conspiracy theory/thriller novel ground though, I admit.

He's not crediting Chinese bioscientists with enough elegance, enough sophistication.....

The real sophistication is 75%+ showing no symptoms. I bet they were really chuffed when they cracked that.
  • CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,074

Sounds concerning. He’s been a terrible Prime Minister but nevertheless I still wish him a speedy recovery.

Not least because the alternatives hardly inspire confidence.

My feelings too.

Best wishes to any on here who are suffering - @Floater’s son, I think. @GideonWise and @MaxPB too. And anyone else.
    guybrush said:

"Escaped from a lab" doesn't have to imply anything other than that the lab was doing research into coronaviruses. It could still be a virus that originated in bats.

dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

The Scotpol explainer has logged on.

Are the Scottish voters going to give her a kicking as per your devout wish?
    MikeL said:

nichomar said:

MikeL said:

Oh sure - I agree it probably wouldn't go to members - but my point is it wouldn't automatically be Raab.

The Cabinet will select a replacement by agreement, probably Raab unfortunately. It would be months before that is put to any kind of vote as the UK would be in a national crisis of even greater proportions that we thought.
    guybrush said:

Occam's razor does not say that the simpler explanation of something is necessarily the correct one, it says you should not multiply entities beyond necessity. It doesn't in this instance favour one theory over the other.
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,401
    isam said:

Andy_JS said:

isam said:

kle4 said:

isam said:

isam said:

Increased risk of a RTA. Increased risk of a breakdown. Increased risk of a medical emergency in a rural area with fewer facilities than your home town.

Are you getting it yet?
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Alistair said:

A while ago @AlastairMeeks wrote this thread header ( https://www7.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2020/02/19/a-journal-of-the-plague-year-the-politics-of-covid-19/ ) which links to a tweet showing the results of a very simplistic and pessimistic model of the virus. Currently real life deaths are outpacing the model

I've turned the model into a spreadsheet that you can copy and play around with the numbers. By good chance today is one of the days the model spits out a number for. The model predicted seven and a half thousand deaths by now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XTwPjI5l4d_xZAXOQy72LU8eRoPJyfU6fp9Hgx1flUo/edit?usp=sharing

Punting Initial Infections to 360 is my way of getting to today's death figure.
    edited April 2020
    nichomar said:

Did I hear correctly this morning that 5 LT bus drivers have died from the virus? The front line is more extensive than many perceive

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52169002

Three drivers, two controllers.

Probably impossible to tell for sure whether people are catching it at work or through other means, but given what these people were potentially exposed to you'd have to put a pretty high probability on the former, sadly.

There are quite a lot of low-paid jobs (HCA, social care, warehouse work, supermarket jobs) that we are really seeing the "social value" of right now and there's a lot of those jobs I really wouldn't want to do right now it if I was, say, fiftysomething and not terribly fit.
    Only a month ago, a member of my extended family told me that it was all hyped up by the media and a fuss that would die out.

Tonight our PM lies in hospital.
    edited April 2020
    eadric said:

dr_spyn said:

Scots will have noticed. As will sturgeon’s enemies in the SNP, eg Alex Salmond.
    Yes Salmond is Boris to Sturgeon's May, if she loses the Nationalist majority at Holyrood next year as May lost the Tory majority in 2017 then Salmond like Boris will pounce
  • MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    GIN1138 said:

eadric said:

fpt For mysticrose

That sounds like something a certain bestselling international thriller writer would come up with... ;)
    Sometimes as they say, the truth is stranger than fiction.

Eadric, if you're still around I'm with you on your thoughts on this. I'd better not continue in that vein, however, as we'll be accused of being identical.

What a day. I'm off to bed.
  • Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,019
    Am I bad person?

The first thing I did on reading this news was to check Betfair, not BBC news.
  • squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,287
    edited April 2020

dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

The Scotpol explainer has logged on.

Are the Scottish voters going to give her a kicking as per your devout wish?
    No not yet.. but its damaging to Sturgeon as she has been weak and indecisive .it was obvious first up that it was a "man overboard"situatiom .....and she should have gone immediately .

MikeL said:

nichomar said:

MikeL said:

The Cabinet will select a replacement by agreement, probably Raab unfortunately. It would be months before that is put to any kind of vote as the UK would be in a national crisis of even greater proportions that we thought.
    And no matter how grave the crisis, there is no way we can have an election durinv lockdown anyway.
    HYUFD said:

eadric said:

dr_spyn said:

Scots will have noticed. As will sturgeon’s enemies in the SNP, eg Alex Salmond.
    Yes Salmond is Boris to Sturgeon's May, if she loses the Nationalist majority at Holyrood next year as May lost the Tory majority in 2017 then Salmond like Boris will pounce
    Surely not. It's not like Salmond to pounce.....
  • Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,019
    eadric said:

guybrush said:

"Escaped from a lab" doesn't have to imply anything other than that the lab was doing research into coronaviruses. It could still be a virus that originated in bats.
    Yes, quite. That’s been my belief from early in feb.

The fact there was a lab investigating bat coronaviruses just a few hundred meters from the fateful ‘wet market’ of Wuhan is too much coincidence to believe.

So. It came from honest scientists doing honest research, but it leaked. Maybe a worker sold a Lab bat in the black wet market.
    It sounds far too much like a conspiracy theory to me.

I'd like to see real solid evidence from reputable sources before I give it the time of day.
  • BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    isam said:

WRT Scottish CMO:

I actually agree on the going to a second home, if you traval only with mebers of your own family bring your own food stay in the house when you get there and don't interact with anybody while there, then the risk of increasing the spread is probably minimal.

But:

What I don't like is the people setting the rules not flowing them. Those in power will fell less resistant about taking away freedoms and liberty of others if they do not expect to have to follow the same rules.

While it might be argues that COVID is a spashale case, I think it is shining a light on an attitude an agagance, and its reminding me why I'm a libertarian and pushing me towards Anarchism.
This discussion has been closed.