Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Welcome to another Thursday night PB Nighthawks after another

SystemSystem Posts: 11,008
edited April 2020 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Welcome to another Thursday night PB Nighthawks after another evening of clapping on the streets

Being stuck in our homes for most of the day the Thursday evening clapping in the streets for the NHS comes as something of a relief. It is just nice to get out of the house and also to exchange a few words with neighbours.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited April 2020
    First.....in the queue for flour.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,226
    Second, like care home staff
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,116
    It’s odd. Every Thursday I hear about this on here, on WhatsApp, on Facebook.

Every Thursday my street is as quiet as the cemetery next to it.

I do live on a council estate. I don’t know whether that has any bearing on it. Maybe it’s a very middle-class thing?
  • Options
    Judging by the replies, there are a lot of middle aged men on the twitter machine who appear to have spilled their coffee when this popped up on their timeline...

https://twitter.com/Nigella_Lawson/status/1250857872948420610?s=19
  • Options

Judging by the replies, there are a lot of middle aged men on the twitter machine who appear to have spilled their coffee when this popped up on their timeline...

Not just middle aged either: https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1250875250239320066
  • Options
    Trump is taking a hell of an obvious gamble pushing the US toward reopening on 1 May
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    IanB2 said:

Trump is taking a hell of an obvious gamble pushing the US toward reopening on 1 May

Trump needs the economy to recover by November.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    ydoethur said:

I do live on a council estate. I don’t know whether that has any bearing on it. Maybe it’s a very middle-class thing?

I don't think that's right - my son lives in a street of "Coronation st" type older houses and they loudly clap - He lives with 2 nurses and they do appreciate it
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Pagan2 said:

ydoethur said:

Not just middle aged either: https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1250875250239320066
    tsk tsk Owen jones seeing her as a sex object rather than an independent person....does that cancel his woke card
    He has a point though :smiley:
  • Options
    Has anybody seen chris grayling recently?

https://twitter.com/JesseLehrich/status/1250595619397386245?s=09
  • Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,830
    Floater said:

ydoethur said:

I don't think that's right - my son lives in a street of "Coronation st" type older houses and they loudly clap - He lives with 2 nurses and they do appreciate it
    Your son lives with 2 nurses? No wonder he claps
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Pagan2 said:

Floater said:

ydoethur said:

I think the unwoke assumptions in that cancel out to zero.
  • Options
    Floater said:

ydoethur said:

Maybe it’s just the people of Chadsmoor are not interested in the world outside?

Or perhaps they haven’t heard about it?
  • Options
    Floater said:

Pagan2 said:

ydoethur said:

tsk tsk Owen jones seeing her as a sex object rather than an independent person....does that cancel his woke card
    He has a point though :smiley:
    Unfortunate double entendre there...
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Pagan2 said:

Floater said:

ydoethur said:

hehe well I have never claimed to be woke
  • Options
    Also worth watching for a view from the front line. Apparently lots of DIY accidents and errrhh sticking things inside themselves.

https://youtu.be/JrARKkMzBX8
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    This appears to be the site to donate to Cap'n Tom Moore's charity. I think I'll give 'em a few quid, but anyway the NHS figures in my will.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tomswalkforthenhs
  • Options
    YokesYokes Posts: 1,200
    Floater said:

ydoethur said:

I see this Thursday thing go off big time in some proper high unemployment housing estates in Belfast: fireworks, car horns, chiming bells blasting out on speakers I even heard once. All sorts. Dont think its a class conscious activity, at least in this town.
  • Options
    alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52312560

It seems to me that this document misses the point completely, in failing to understand the reasons for the “lockdown”. Which, put simply, are to maximise social distancing, backed by the law where necessary.

Anyone who practices social distancing whilst not within the confines of their house, should not be falling foul of the law simply by some largely arbitrary interpretation of what constitutes a “reasonable” excuse for being outside.

Fundamentally, IMO, the question of “reasonableness” should only become an issue where breaches of social distancing are being observed. There is no sensible reason, to take the example quoted, for buying paint and brushes to be a breach of the law, but buying materials to fix a fence should not. There should be no issue with sitting on a park bench, should doing so result in no social distancing breach. We are not required by the law to be prisoners in our homes. We are required to take sensible precautions when leaving them. That is not the situation suggested by the police “guidance” which seems to focus on Govt wording, rather than Govt purpose/intent.

But this has been discussed before....
  • Options
    After photo of nigella looking hot...better offset with...

https://twitter.com/thomasknox/status/1250809334289833986?s=19
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,388
    No, they have plenty of equally competent folks over there.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,161
    Scott_xP said:
    But you can Go To Jail for driving to the Lake District.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,470
    Toms said:

This appears to be the site to donate to Cap'n Tom Moore's charity. I think I'll give 'em a few quid, but anyway the NHS figures in my will.

The numbers are increasing at an incredible rate each time you look at the page.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

Pagan2 said:

Floater said:

ydoethur said:

Every house out tonight in my middle england street. Mainly clapping but I did my bit on the old pans.

Lots of chat (at a distance) about another three weeks. I detect an acceptance of that, but suspect pushing it beyond into another month will be challenging.
  • Options
    I wonder at what point the Guardian will think her tin foil hattery has gone too far and damaging their brand?
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961

More Europe:

So that's where we've been going wrong all these years. :o
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

Pagan2 said:

Floater said:

ydoethur said:

Every house out tonight in my middle england street. Mainly clapping but I did my bit on the old pans.

Lots of chat (at a distance) about another three weeks. I detect an acceptance of that, but suspect pushing it beyond into another month will be challenging.
    Did you tell them that more than likely all social norms will still be banned for the next 6 months? If Germany arent opening the restaurants and bars for the next 5 months, no chance we will be down the boozer before that (unless we really want that 2nd wave before the winter).
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,658

I wonder at what point the Guardian will think her tin foil hattery has gone too far and damaging their brand?
    I suspect that she still mostly upsets the 'right people' buys a lit of leeway.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

IanB2 said:

If it’s the virus that recovers first, he is done.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,115
    IanB2 said:

He would be, if he was in charge of a centralised country like the UK. But he isn't. The majority of Governors will not go along with it and so there won't be the negative consequence of a rapid resurgence in deaths. And Trump is then able to blame the Governors for the economic damage - he wanted to open the economy, not his fault.

We wait to see whether enough voters will buy that crap, but I can't rule it out.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,658
    I know what they mean, but there's a reason it was hard for ministers to be quizzed this way for most of this period.

The House of Commons Commission said ministers will be quizzed via Zoom for the first time in the House's 700-year history.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52299514
  • Options

Carole seems to be comparing with the White House, where the press core are in their seats.

It may have escaped her notice that Trump is POTUS and basically doesn't believe the plague should effect any aspect of life.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

MaxPB said:

IanB2 said:

If it’s the virus that recovers first, he is done.
    Does he not end up with best of both worlds? Governors and mayors will keep the lockdown, but he gets to say every night that effectively, in the main, the lockdown is over.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

Carole seems to be comparing with the White House, where the press core are in their seats.

It may have escaped her notice that Trump is POTUS and basically doesn't believe the plague should effect any aspect of life.
    Doesn't everyone who gets in the room have to live in isolation and get transported to and from the hige house every day? I thought those were the terms of coming into close contact with Trump.
  • Options
    An interesting fact is that the US only has 9 cities larger than Birmingham.
  • Options

IanB2 said:

He would be, if he was in charge of a centralised country like the UK. But he isn't. The majority of Governors will not go along with it and so there won't be the negative consequence of a rapid resurgence in deaths. And Trump is then able to blame the Governors for the economic damage - he wanted to open the economy, not his fault.

We wait to see whether enough voters will buy that crap, but I can't rule it out.
    This.

Afraid I am of the view that the voters will buy the crap at least in the swing states.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Seeing pictures of the clap for carers, its a lovely thing, but is it just me but there seems to be a lot of people often standing very close to one another.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Toms said:

The numbers are increasing at an incredible rate each time you look at the page.
    Social media.

This could not have happened ten or maybe fifteen years ago.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

I think that's a product of the way the US defines cities. Las Vegas only has 600k in the city proper, but over 2 million in the metro area.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    This is an extremely good analysis of the international PPE supply chain:

Why There Aren't Enough Masks, and How to Get More
    https://www.flexport.com/blog/why-there-arent-enough-masks-and-how-to-get-more/

... One PPE vendor that we know did $80M in revenue last year, and currently has $2B or more worth of demand for his products. They would need a 50% down payment to lock in this capacity. Even in normally functioning credit markets, this would probably be unrealistic for a business of their scale to secure. There is a lot of risk in the production process when scaling manufacturing capacity 20x. And banks have difficulty quantifying this risk, since they are not manufacturing or quality control experts. In the midst of a pandemic that has spooked lenders, getting this degree of financing is likely impossible without some form of government guarantee....
  • Options
    RobD said:

Andy_JS said:

I think that's a product of the way the US defines cities. Las Vegas only has 600k in the city proper, but over 2 million in the metro area.
    Was going to say, San Francisco is officially less than 1 million..but the bay area is more than that and no "gap" between those different areas.
  • Options

Seeing pictures of the clap for carers, its a lovely thing, but is it just me but there seems to be a lot of people often standing very close to one another.

It's another Dom plot to engineer Herd Immunity :wink:
  • Options

nudge unit at work.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

... One PPE vendor that we know did $80M in revenue last year, and currently has $2B or more worth of demand for his products. They would need a 50% down payment to lock in this capacity. Even in normally functioning credit markets, this would probably be unrealistic for a business of their scale to secure. There is a lot of risk in the production process when scaling manufacturing capacity 20x. And banks have difficulty quantifying this risk, since they are not manufacturing or quality control experts. In the midst of a pandemic that has spooked lenders, getting this degree of financing is likely impossible without some form of government guarantee....

"China is the only place in the world that can scale manufacturing as fast as we need right now. Our sources estimate the production capacity of Chinese PPE at 160M units per day. Of that, we believe 80M is consumed domestically and some is reserved for the Chinese national stockpile.

The US Department of Health and Human Services estimates that, throughout the pandemic, the country’s healthcare system will require 3.5 billion units of PPE."
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,911
    Utter garbage from Pagan on PT regarding libel law. It’s relatively simple: if you accuse someone of something that could damage their reputation among right-thinking people, you had better be able to prove it. So, yes, accusing someone of being an alcoholic would be libellous unless you could prove it. They might not sue, but that’s a different matter.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    RobD said:

Andy_JS said:

True, although if you compare US "urban areas" to the West Midlands conurbation you still only get 15 areas in the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_urban_areas
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Midlands_(county)
  • Options
    If you have kids and want their maths to improve. This guy is giving free lectures on high school maths. He more advanced stuff is very good, so i imagine it will be worthwhile.

https://youtu.be/ppWPuXsnf1Q
  • Options
    RobD said:

nudge unit at work.
    If you are nudging you are too close! :smiley:
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

It’s an uninteresting fact given that you are using local authority boundaries - utterly meaningless. Is Leeds bigger than Manchester?
  • Options

Utter garbage from Pagan on PT regarding libel law. It’s relatively simple: if you accuse someone of something that could damage their reputation among right-thinking people, you had better be able to prove it. So, yes, accusing someone of being an alcoholic would be libellous unless you could prove it. They might not sue, but that’s a different matter.

Reminds me of when Jason Donovan sued someone in the 1990s who'd accused him of being gay.
  • Options

Sorry not apologising for not understanding it as from what I hear it being true in this country isn't a defence against it being libellious. Also why i made sure to say that in my opinion he was rather than state it as a fact. Where did I misunderstand?
  • Options
    The only reason I have ever heard of Carol C is because I frequent PB. Lots of people on here seem strangely fond/obsessed with her.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I see McDonnell is causing trouble. We shouldn't talk about anything but coronavirus, but i am now going to talk for 15 mins on betrayal from within the Labour Party and how we were right, we won the argument etc etc etc.
  • Options

The only reason I have ever heard of Carol C is because I frequent PB. Lots of people on here seem strangely fond/obsessed with her.

She's just so entertaining.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Andy_JS said:

It’s an uninteresting fact given that you are using local authority boundaries - utterly meaningless. Is Leeds bigger than Manchester?
    It's still only 15 if you look at US urban areas vs the West Midlands conurbation which is comparing like with like as much as possible.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Andy_JS said:

Andy_JS said:

It's still only 15 areas if you look at urban areas vs the West Midlands conurbation which is comparing like with like as much as possible.
    But you've now joined two cities in England, and are comparing to single cities in the US.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Sorry not apologising for not understanding it as from what I hear it being true in this country isn't a defence against it being libellious. Also why i made sure to say that in my opinion he was rather than state it as a fact. Where did I misunderstand?
    Saying it’s your opinion doesn’t avoid libel. There’s an exception on fair comment and ‘common abuse’ - e.g. you can call someone a dickhead but not a liar.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Pagan2 said:

No longer a lawyer, and when I was I didn't do defamation. My understanding is, it is a good defence to show that what you said is substantially true, BUT the burden of proof is on you to show it's true. Secondly, opinions are fine if they really are opinions. "X is not a good actor" is fine "X is a child molester" is not, and you can't convert it to an opinion by saying "In my opinion X is a child molester."
  • Options

I see McDonnell is causing trouble. We shouldn't talk about anything but coronavirus, but i am now going to talk for 15 mins on betrayal from within the Labour Party and how we were right, we won the argument etc etc etc.

Stop giving the Corbynites oxygen Francis! They are water under the bridge. Dirty water, yes, but under the bridge.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Andy_JS said:

It's still only 15 if you look at US urban areas vs the West Midlands conurbation which is comparing like with like as much as possible.
    Yes, that’s true. Most American cities are underwhelming - in both size and content. Some of those in the top ten are unimaginably dull places.
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

Saying it’s your opinion doesn’t avoid libel. There’s an exception on fair comment and ‘common abuse’ - e.g. you can call someone a dickhead but not a liar.
    see and you expect us lay people to understand it, where does observing someone stumbling around looking drunk cross over to the point where we can say in my opinion he is an alcoholic....you say I am being daft however I am expressing an opinion a lot of perfectly reasonable people would come to. Where is the line where I cant say x and I can say x
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,544

Andy_JS said:

Andy_JS said:

Yes, that’s true. Most American cities are underwhelming - in both size and content. Some of those in the top ten are unimaginably dull places.
    There's New York, San Fancisco, New Orleans and all the rest are Cincinatti.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Pagan2 said:

No longer a lawyer, and when I was I didn't do defamation. My understanding is, it is a good defence to show that what you said is substantially true, BUT the burden of proof is on you to show it's true. Secondly, opinions are fine if they really are opinions. "X is not a good actor" is fine "X is a child molester" is not, and you can't convert it to an opinion by saying "In my opinion X is a child molester."
    Correct. Nor is “in my opinion X is an alcoholic” an avoidance of libel.

Your actor example is covered under fair comment in media law.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Andy_JS said:

Andy_JS said:

It's still only 15 areas if you look at urban areas vs the West Midlands conurbation which is comparing like with like as much as possible.
    But you've now joined two cities in England, and are comparing to single cities in the US.
    Dallas-Fort Worth

Minneapolis-St Paul

San Francisco-Oakland

?
  • Options
    From the New York Times today:

"U.K. Paid $20 Million for New Coronavirus Tests. They Didn’t Work.
    Facing a global scramble for materials, British officials bought millions of unproven kits from China in a gamble that became an embarrassment."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/16/world/middleeast/coronavirus-antibody-test-uk.html
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

Pagan2 said:

Again my question how does your average lay person tell the difference between fair comment and libellious....you said I was being stupid so explain it to me in laymans terms I am willing to be educated
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    ydoethur said:

Nope, I live in a very WWC area of SW London and every street is out in force every Thursday.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,158
    My son is starting work at the Nightingale Hospital tomorrow. Not in a medical capacity but as clerical support staff. Still, doing his bit. Proud of him - and, I confess, a little bit anxious.

Other son is also applying.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,845
    Foxy said:

Andy_JS said:

Andy_JS said:

Whereas we have London, and, um...Edinburgh, Glasgow and Liverpool.

All the rest are Slough.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,694
    Nigelb said:

The CEO of a German ventilator manufacturer that also makes PPE was saying the problem with ramping up PPE production is that it can only realistically be made with full automation. Once you run the machines 24 hours a day you have no other way of increasing production. Ventilators, which are relatively labour intensive to produce, are more amenable to surge production.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

see and you expect us lay people to understand it, where does observing someone stumbling around looking drunk cross over to the point where we can say in my opinion he is an alcoholic....you say I am being daft however I am expressing an opinion a lot of perfectly reasonable people would come to. Where is the line where I cant say x and I can say x
    I’ve just explained it to you.

I can call you a rum sort but not a criminal.

Do you grasp the difference?
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

So if my friend drinks a bottle of rum every night and I suggest he might be an alcoholic that is libellious as I can't prove he is
  • Options
    BannedinnParisBannedinnParis Posts: 1,884
    ydoethur said:

we have a Spanish couple in my block of flats that clap at 2000 every night :/
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

Pagan2 said:

Again my question how does your average lay person tell the difference between fair comment and libellious....you said I was being stupid so explain it to me in laymans terms I am willing to be educated

Foxy said:

Andy_JS said:

Andy_JS said:

All the rest are Slough.
    Manchester, Bristol, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leeds - all very characterful big cities
  • Options
    I think i have been to every major US city and i can't say i fell in love with any. Certainly not compared to Vancouver or Toronto in Canada.

I dont care for NYC. Prefer Boston. Downtown Chicago is cool. San Francisco is a dump. Seattle isnt much better. LA, i would prefer to spend a week in Staines. As a former professional gambler, I actually skipped tournaments rather than spend too much time in Las Vegas.

It is what is outside the cities that is much more spectacular. Yosemite, yellowstone, the great lakes, etc etc etc etc etc
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    FF43 said:

Nigelb said:

The CEO of a German ventilator manufacturer that also makes PPE was saying the problem with ramping up PPE production is that it can only realistically be made with full automation. Once you run the machines 24 hours a day you have no other way of increasing production. Ventilators, which are relatively labour intensive to produce, are more amenable to surge production.
    You build a new line. Or ten.
    Which is where “there is a lot of risk in scaling” comes in.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

You are failing to understand my point....most normal people don't work like that they call it as they see it. you drink a bottle of spirits a night we will call you an alcoholic the fact its not accurate as we can't prove it is neither here nor there. For most of us we don't really know what we can get in trouble saying because we don't worry about it as this law really doesn't apply to us as we aren't like to get sued as there is no point.

You cannot give me even now a defining line between x is an alcoholic being fair use and x is an alcoholic being libellious. Go on tell me where I can say a and where I can get sued
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,006
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Well it's quite simple. Most of us have been drunk. I have on occasion wondered how I got home. I have certainly stumbled around. I'm not an alcoholic though. being an alcoholic is completely different to liking a drink and sometimes doing it to excess.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

You are failing to understand my point....most normal people don't work like that they call it as they see it. you drink a bottle of spirits a night we will call you an alcoholic the fact its not accurate as we can't prove it is neither here nor there. For most of us we don't really know what we can get in trouble saying because we don't worry about it as this law really doesn't apply to us as we aren't like to get sued as there is no point.

You cannot give me even now a defining line between x is an alcoholic being fair use and x is an alcoholic being libellious. Go on tell me where I can say a and where I can get sued
    When in other words can I say x is an alcoholic and be fair use
    when can I say x is an alcoholic and get sued
    draw that line for me with this specific example
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,924
    MaxPB said:

IanB2 said:

The risk is that the US has a second serious wave while the rest of the world largely has it under control.
  • Options

I think i have been to every major US city and i can't say i fell in love with any. Certainly not compared to Vancouver or Toronto in Canada.

I dont care for NYC. Prefer Boston. Downtown Chicago is cool. San Francisco is a dump. Seattle isnt much better. LA, i would prefer to spend a week in Staines. As a former professional gambler, I actually skipped tournaments rather than spend too much time in Las Vegas.

It is what is outside the cities that is much more spectacular. Yosemite, yellowstone, the great lakes, etc etc etc etc etc

I was massively underwhelmed by NY - London is infinitely better - although I visited in a heatwave so need to go again as the oppressive weather killed it.

The national parks and wildernesses in the States are indeed its jewels. I’ve not seen as much as you but can confirm that the Shenandoah is sublime, and the Colorado Rockies awe-inspiring.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,845

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

Pagan2 said:

Foxy said:

Andy_JS said:

Andy_JS said:

All the rest are Slough.
    Manchester, Bristol, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leeds - all very characterful big cities
    Leeds is ugly and dull.

Never been to Nottingham, but I haven’t heard good things.

I could give you the rest, but let’s be honest, are they any match for Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia?
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

Pagan2 said:

Try to treat other people as you yourself might wish to be treated.
  • Options
    BannedinnParisBannedinnParis Posts: 1,884
    how bad is the shadow minister on Newsnight? barely literate
  • Options
    Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,060

Foxy said:

Andy_JS said:

Andy_JS said:

All the rest are Slough.
    Oxford? Cambridge? Chester? York? Cirencester? There are lots of great cities.
  • Options
    Looks like Trump is going for it. Open, open, open and open again.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

So if my friend drinks a bottle of rum every night and I suggest he might be an alcoholic that is libellious as I can't prove he is
    Truth is no particular defence! You would need to be able to prove it in court. Hence why most sensible editors remove any such accusation.
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Well it's quite simple. Most of us have been drunk. I have on occasion wondered how I got home. I have certainly stumbled around. I'm not an alcoholic though. being an alcoholic is completely different to liking a drink and sometimes doing it to excess.
    We all have I suspect. What I am getting that is there seems to be some line drawn where you can say

x is an alcoholic and be fair use
    x is an alcoholic and be sued

I am asking where the line is as a lay person because damned if I can work it out and I suspect what it amounts to is black at one end, white at the other and a huge grey area in the middle. The grey area is the problem because without legal training you really have no idea if you are veering into the grey
  • Options
    Prolonged lockdown will cause more trouble than it is worth says Trump basically.

This discussion has been closed.