Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Boris fan club sticks with their man but other national pa

SystemSystem Posts: 11,017
edited May 2020 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Boris fan club sticks with their man but other national papers are more critical

As can be seen there is quite a divide between how the papers are reporting the TV address by the PM last night. The loyalists try to take the best view for Johnson while others point to the contradictions and difficulties.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,045
    First.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Calling the Guardian and Mirror "others" while dismissing the others as "loyalists" is a rather interesting choice.

Boris could have announced the elimination of COVID19 and a cure for cancer and the Mirror would have found a way to be critical.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,541

Calling the Guardian and Mirror "others" while dismissing the others as "loyalists" is a rather interesting choice.

Boris could have announced the elimination of COVID19 and a cure for cancer and the Mirror would have found a way to be critical.

While some of the others treat him as though he does so on a daily basis.
  • Options
    I worry about how many of the people who can't comprehend what the word "alert" means may also be drivers on our roads. I understand I'm younger than average for this site and even I am only just old enough that I didn't have to do the hazard perception test but I understand the logic of it and have seen mocks of it done by friends.

If you're incapable of figuring out for yourself what alert means or what a hazard is then please, please, please hand in your driving licence. You're too much of a danger to be on our roads.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,541
    CEOs Were Asked to Remove Masks Before Meeting With Mike Pence in Iowa
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/05/ceo-iowa-asked-remove-masks-mike-pence.html
    ..Mere hours after Vice President Mike Pence’s press secretary tested positive for COVID-19, he was set to meet with a group of food industry executives who had gathered for a roundtable discussion in West Des Moines. But before Pence joined them on the stage, someone came in and asked all five guests to remove their masks, which they all did dutifully, reports the Intercept, which posted a segment of the live video stream of the event that showed the sequence of events. “The strange request underscored just how committed the White House is to ignoring federal health advice intended to slow the spread of the pandemic coronavirus,” notes the Intercept’s Robert Mackey...
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,045

Hey, baby steps first. Perhaps start with a simple message that doesn't need a 60 page glossary to explain it before starting on a cancer cure.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,892
    It really was The Thick of It

Let's announce a speech

We can't make the announcement in the speech we leaked to the press.

We'll make the speech about not making any announcement.

Get all the journalists on the phone and explain to them that we did announce something in the speech, they just didn't hear it.
  • Options
    FPT
    Chris said:

Chris said:

Chris said:

Chris said:

Chris said:

How is it that I find myself defending Boris?

Look, they had a terrible first half. They went 5-0 after a piss poor performance. Yes, Boris was careless, sloppy, ill-briefed, ill-prepared and, well, just ill.

But do any of you really think Jeremy Corbyn would have been better? Would you have wanted lockdown under Herr Gove? Or IDS?

I don't see how anyone could accuse Boris last night of not taking this seriously. He tried to educate the nation on the nuances of this virus and how to get us back into life again. So nuanced that the last person you need in the mix is that prize prick Piers Morgan. This is complex. Really, really, really complex.

We need to get back but we have to stay alert. Watching that R number will be critical. There will be tweaks to policy and it won't be an easy ride. Some people are going to die (sorry Nicola).

I wish I could understand what this stuff about "watching the R number" means.

That when R goes back above 1 (as it reportedly has in Germany already) we go back into lockdown?
    That seems to be the implication of the new fifth test. I doubt that’s what would happen in practice though.
    Well, all I can say is that surely even the Boris fans care about the political (and economic) consequences of getting this wrong. And if R goes above 1 and stays above 1, in only a few weeks we're going to have a second wave bigger than the first one. How long do they think the second lockdown would have to be, in those circumstances?
    That's not right technically.

If R goes above 1 it will start rising again but how fast depends upon the R and where to depends upon the base number of infections.

If R goes back to say 3 then it won't take long for a second wave to be bigger than the first wave.

If R goes back to say 1.1 then it would take a very long time for a second wave to be bigger than the first wave and it might be possible to try and get R back down somehow without a second lockdown.
    Not "a very long time". Maybe six weeks.
    If the prior peak was 100,000
    If the baseline when lockdown is lifted to raise R above 1 is 10,000
    If R goes to 1.1
    And if the reproduction cycle is 5 days long

Then it would take 17 weeks to get from 10,000 to 100,000 would it not?
    Reportedly, serology testing indicates around 10% of the population has been infected. That means testing has identified around 3% of infections.

You think we're now detecting 40% of infections?

SERIOUSLY??????
    No. I never said that.
    Your calculation was based on assuming a daily rate of 10,000. It's much higher.
    Today. Its higher than that today. As R is below 1 today it will be lower than that tomorrow and will be lower than that every day going forward unless or until R goes above 1 again. So unless today marks the crossover point then R is going to be lower than today's figure.

Besides I believe the prior peak was much higher than 100,000 too. But my simple exercise was to demonstrate why both R and baseline numbers matter.

If you change it to a prior peak of 250,000 per day and baseline when R goes above 1 is 25,000 then it would still take 17 weeks.
  • Options

Hey, baby steps first. Perhaps start with a simple message that doesn't need a 60 page glossary to explain it before starting on a cancer cure.
    I'm loving the simultaneous complaints on here that there is no detail and that there is too much detail. Brilliant!
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    Scott_xP said:
    Have you posted this because you like the idea of Cummings as a mad messsianical cult leader, or to demonstrate how ridiculous it is that anyone could possibly think that was a good comparison?
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

I worry about how many of the people who can't comprehend what the word "alert" means may also be drivers on our roads. I understand I'm younger than average for this site and even I am only just old enough that I didn't have to do the hazard perception test but I understand the logic of it and have seen mocks of it done by friends.

If you're incapable of figuring out for yourself what alert means or what a hazard is then please, please, please hand in your driving licence. You're too much of a danger to be on our roads.

I was driving on the A3 on my way to work. There was a Coronavirus driving a red 1998 Nissan Micra at 30mph in the middle lane. It was swerving all over the place. I think it had been drinking. These viruses do not respect the Highway Code.

Thankfully the government told me to stay alert. If I handed had that precise advice I shudder to think what might have happened.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,263

Road hazards do have the tiny advantage that you can see them.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

I was driving on the A3 on my way to work. There was a Coronavirus driving a red 1998 Nissan Micra at 30mph in the middle lane. It was swerving all over the place. I think it had been drinking. These viruses do not respect the Highway Code.

Thankfully the government told me to stay alert. If I handed had that precise advice I shudder to think what might have happened.
    Yes a Micra swerving all over the place is a driving hazard.

Now think really hard and tell me what you think a coronavirus hazard could be?

If you're incapable of identifying a hazard that says more about your than the advice.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Road hazards do have the tiny advantage that you can see them.
    Yes you can. You don't need to see an accident to think "that is a hazard"

You don't need to see the virus to think "that is a hazard" here either.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,965
    edited May 2020

I'm loving the simultaneous complaints on here that there is no detail and that there is too much detail. Brilliant!
    There is no detail because the detail that has been provided isn't clear, missing fundamental issues and even contradicts itself.

As an example, let's start with the advice of go to work if you can't work from home. What happens if you can't work from home but can't leave home as you have school age children who cannot go to school.

I suspect that one is a legal minefield as desperate HR departments look the furlough closure date of June 30th, the 45 day notice period that is formerly required and think better start sending notifications out.
  • Options
    eek said:

There is no detail because the detail that has been provided isn't clear, missing fundamental issues and even contradicts itself.

As an example, let's start with the advice of go to work if you can't work from home. What happens if you can't work from home but can't leave home as you have school age children who cannot go to school.

Since the advice is if you're able to and its safe to do so then go to work then if you're not able to and its not safe to do so then I'd suggest the advice is that you don't.

Now was that tough?
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,925
    The PM has clearly signalled the furlough scheme is ending. Soon, a lot of businesses will have very serious decisions to make. This could lead to many people losing their jobs and incomes. That will have major political and economic consequences. Shit’s about to get real.

Join a union if you can. As per @CarlottaVance on the previous thread, think carefully about your choice. One may be best avoided.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

eek said:

Since the advice is if you're able to and its safe to do so then go to work then if you're not able to and its not safe to do so then I'd suggest the advice is that you don't.

Now was that tough?
    See my the point I added while you were replying.

Now imagine what you do next Monday after the announcement that 25%/50% of the department may no longer have jobs.

Oh and the advice wasn't clear as I really wasn't being sarcastic as I posted the above - the if able to do so wasn't part of any headline on the BBC news last night.
  • Options
    eek said:

eek said:

Now was that tough?

Now imagine what you do next Monday after the announcement that 25%/50% of the department may no longer have jobs.
    In your fictitious scenario the same as you'd do during the school holidays I imagine. Make alternative arrangements if you're capable of doing so. If you're not capable of doing so then make whatever choice is appropriate for you.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,603
    Two people meeting in a park, but staying 2m apart.

It's like a scene from a spy novel.

Anyway, it looks like it will be OK for people to visit one relative as long as you stay in the garden. Tough if your relative lives in a flat.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    Because companies need to be doing risk assessments now if they haven't yet before they ask their staff to come back in?
  • Options

The PM has clearly signalled the furlough scheme is ending. Soon, a lot of businesses will have very serious decisions to make. This could lead to many people losing their jobs and incomes. That will have major political and economic consequences. Shit’s about to get real.

Join a union if you can. As per @CarlottaVance on the previous thread, think carefully about your choice. One may be best avoided.

Yep - 45 day notice letters will have to be sent this week if a company has 100 or more workers.

This week is definitely not going to be pretty and it's going to result in people doing very stupid things next week to try and keep their job.
  • Options

Anyway, it looks like it will be OK for people to visit one relative as long as you stay in the garden. Tough if your relative lives in a flat.

Couldn't your flat-based relative meet you in a park?
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    I wouldn't call myself a Boris loyalist. I pretty much loathed him before the GE.

However, most of the flak he's taking is because people are afraid of the virus. Sticking indoors on 80% pay felt pretty safe for a lot of people. Suddenly we're being asked to begin the tentative baby steps back to life. It frightens a lot of people.

But it's got to be done.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

If you're incapable of identifying a hazard that says more about your than the advice.
    I have stayed alert and spotted a Coronavirus hazard, it made a broadcast last night.
  • Options
    NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,347
    Scott_xP said:
    For lots of people their employer may no longer be trading soon. No doubt that will be Boris's fault too for having the lockdown for too long
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    edited May 2020

Today. Its higher than that today. As R is below 1 today it will be lower than that tomorrow and will be lower than that every day going forward unless or until R goes above 1 again. So unless today marks the crossover point then R is going to be lower than today's figure.

We should have a bit more leeway than that - given the number of deaths, a chunk of the population is already immune and raises the threshold above 1.0.

Say if it was 10 million infected (50k deaths at 0.5%IFR), we can afford up to R of 1.18. It's obviously more complicated than that, but possibly a useful buffer looking at Germany's reported R estimates.

• Options

eek said:

eek said:

Now was that tough?

In your fictitious scenario the same as you'd do during the school holidays I imagine. Make alternative arrangements if you're capable of doing so. If you're not capable of doing so then make whatever choice is appropriate for you.
    How when most childminders aren't working? Not being awkward here as we were discussing it about my wife's colleagues last night who need to go to the office to be able to concentrate but can't because the obvious childcare options are closed for the foreseeable future.

I take it you are arguing for the sake of it as you clearly aren't thinking the second step where you discover it doesn't work.

Schools aren't open = use childcare well um, errr that's closed and the Grandparents aren't an option.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

I have stayed alert and spotted a Coronavirus hazard, it made a broadcast last night.
    Your sarcasm is super smart.

I'm sure if you go shopping this week and see someone stood in the shop coughing you'll get within 2 metres of them because you're incapable of thinking what a hazard is.

Or not, maybe you'll be alert to the hazard and not get within 2 metres of them.

Or maybe you'll be even more alert to the hazard of the fact you may not see who is sick and stay 2 metres away from everyone.
  • Options

I wouldn't call myself a Boris loyalist. I pretty much loathed him before the GE.

However, most of the flak he's taking is because people are afraid of the virus. Sticking indoors on 80% pay felt pretty safe for a lot of people. Suddenly we're being asked to begin the tentative baby steps back to life. It frightens a lot of people.

But it's got to be done.

Sitting inside at 80% sounds great until you discover the company has discovered it can meet current market demand without you.

And if you've been furloughed while the company is open, unless demand increases rapidly (which I doubt) most of those furloughed workers have jobs that no longer exist.

How companies cope with notice of redundancy requirements is the biggest question I would have this week.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Your sarcasm is super smart.

I'm sure if you go shopping this week and see someone stood in the shop coughing you'll get within 2 metres of them because you're incapable of thinking what a hazard is.

Or not, maybe you'll be alert to the hazard and not get within 2 metres of them.
    I hope I can spot what they have touched and coughed on and if they just had a temperature, I will rely on my infrared vision. Everything will be fine, because it was just people coughing that caused this whole fiasco. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,916

Yes , amazing lack of self awareness
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,150

Scott_xP said:
    For lots of people their employer may no longer be trading soon. No doubt that will be Boris's fault too for having the lockdown for too long
    No, Boris got that bit right, that is not to say he won't eventually wind up as the fall guy for all the failed businesses. Who said being PM would be easy and make one popular?
  • Options
    I'm more confused than last night, so can I meet a friend for a game of socially distanced footie in the park or not
  • Options
    When 2 out of 3 posts on this site are retweets from Scott then it makes the site pointless
  • Options

Couldn't your flat-based relative meet you in a park?
    Depends on their level of mobility. Even Captain Tom would struggle to reach the park.
  • Options
    Why the fuck is this confusing?????

I have been meeting my parents, I keep 2 metres away from them.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    No, Boris got that bit right, that is not to say he won't eventually wind up as the fall guy for all the failed businesses. Who said being PM would be easy and make one popular?
    If the economy ends up collapsing when hundreds of thousands lose their jobs, I would be surprised if the Government wasn't blamed.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    "we hope people will act on this week" does not mean "you must go to work tomorrow" either.

First step is employers need to do risk assessments and then they need to contact their employees. Unlikely that will all be done before Wednesday anyway unless they were already working on it.
  • Options

You didn’t stay at home?
  • Options
    rjkrjk Posts: 66
    edited May 2020

Jonathan said:

Most of us thought that shaking hands with everyone in a hospital with coronavirus patients was pretty hazardous. Does that count? I do appreciate that we ought to treat people who engage in such risky activity in the same way that we might treat dangerous drivers, but I don't see any way that this would be enforced.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,199
    We have all been ALERT to repetition of political slogans for many years, knowing that it's only when political obsessives are bored silly with a new slogan that the less ALERT public at large will first notice it.

So we should not be surprised to see this at play with the slogan "Stay ALERT" and the entirely unsurprising coincidence of the use of the same word in the ALERT levels, that we can expect to govern our lives for many months to come.

I am afraid that you can expect to come to loath the repetition of the word ALERT so ubiquitous is it intended to become, and I expect much repetition on the different ALERT levels as we move between them.

It is therefore curious that Opposition parties have made such a determined attempt to associate the word ALERT with negative connotations, when it is so central to government strategy. Perhaps they fear the electorate being warned to be ALERT to real or imagined dangers from the Opposition during an election campaign as the government leverage their current work with ALERT.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,189
    We're back to "but what if someone goes out for 10 runs a day?"
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,916
    Scott_xP said:
    There speaks someone who doesn't know Stratford is the end of the jubilee line, with three platforms, where empty trains fill up

Poor. Attempt. Propaganda
  • Options

Unless you have been taking them food or medicine, up to now you have been breaking the rules.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,189

Unless you have been taking them food or medicine, up to now you have been breaking the rules.
    Oh no! Someone should report them to the police.
  • Options
    There was a Coronavirus on the train yesterday acting suspiciously. Seemed to be carrying some kind of package with wires coming out of it and muttering something about political correctness gone mad.

Not as bad as a gang of Coronavirus hanging out behind the Tesco bins, exchanging cash and smoking something exotic.

Be alert!
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,892
    tlg86 said:

Oh no! Someone should report them to the police.

Perhaps an alert neighbour...
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,280
    I have checked in to catch up on the morning news to see the site taken over by incessant anti government tweets from Scott which frankly are devoid of debate and are ruining the chance to contribute

So for now I will catch up with domestic work and watch the debate on the news channels
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    @Philip_Thompson your arrogance and condescendence is really on another level this morning. Your constant spinning for the government must be making you insecure.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,150

Scott_xP said:
    If the economy ends up collapsing when hundreds of thousands lose their jobs, I would be surprised if the Government wasn't blamed.
    It may be unfair for Johnson to have to take the spanking for circumstances that may be out of his control, but he put his arse on the line when he duplicitously sacrificed Mrs May.
  • Options

@Philip_Thompson your arrogance and condescendence is really on another level this morning. Your constant spinning for the government must be making you insecure.

What arrogance?

Arrogance in having enough faith in people that that they can spot what a hazard is and understand alert? Condescension in thinking that people making a big deal about not being smart enough to know what a hazard is and not knowing how to be alert are just being flippant and puerile? Is that what you mean?

Or do you mean something else?
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,413
    Starmer's barmy army certainly have their tails in the wind over the past couple of days. :lol:
  • Options

I have been taking them food and will contnue to do so as they are in their late 70s.
    My point is you can now go out for exercise as much as you like. If your parents go out for exercise then you can meet them in a park and just stand 2 metres away from them. Is it really that difficult to understand ?
  • Options
    I can see some flunky getting busy with the Tipex this morning following Raaab's policy announcements.
  • Options

I have checked in to catch up on the morning news to see the site taken over by incessant anti government tweets from Scott which frankly are devoid of debate and are ruining the chance to contribute

So for now I will catch up with domestic work and watch the debate on the news channels

Trouble is that Scott has a point. There are a tone of unanswered and unanswerable questions this morning.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,725
    edited May 2020
    Scott_xP said:
    We've established in the past that you post these as criticisms never just for info, but what about this one is critical? There is a lack of clarity at present and that appears to be a way to improve it.

Still, it makes more sense than criticising a lack of clarity and the release of any guidance to reduce that lack of clarity.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    It may be unfair for Johnson to have to take the spanking for circumstances that may be out of his control, but he put his arse on the line when he duplicitously sacrificed Mrs May.
    Mrs May was a terrible PM who created her circumstances. That's different.
  • Options

I note that when he is called out when suggests impossible next steps he stops talking.

It really is a shame Vanilla doesn't offer an ignore button as this is the 3rd day I've replied to half baked details from him (today he forgot Childcare was closed, last week it was knowing more about IT projects than 2 people who earn their living fixing them).
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,192
    Thoughts:
    1. Love the Thick of It comparison - it really is a real life re-enactment of that episode.
    2. Love the "ITS VERY CLEAR" insistence from PB/FB Tories being roundly ridiculed by anyone with ears.
    3. WY Cop Shop says "Fuck this we're offski". The singularly most dangerous thing I've read. I know the current "we've had enough of experts" version of the Tory party thinks its funny to blame the experts for their incompetence, but Maybot tried that at the police federation and it backfired badly
    4. The sky is literally about to fall in on the government as scores of sizable businesses place a significant number of furloughed employees on notice of redundancy. There is literally nothing to reassure the hospitality industry of any kind of restoration. The travel and holiday industry was scuttled last night. If you run one of these companies the only change you may have of not losing the business is to lay everyone off and try to mothball things. Sunak could join in with the "nothing has changed" by making furlough and other schemes open ended and unlimited. Or else BOOM.
  • Options
    FishingFishing Posts: 4,561
    edited May 2020

I always made sure to bring my dad an apple when I visit him once a day. Of course he doesn't eat apples, but I took it to him anyway.
  • Options

I have been taking them food and will contnue to do so as they are in their late 70s.
    My point is you can now go out for exercise as much as you like. If your parents go out for exercise then you can meet them in a park and just stand 2 metres away from them. Is it really that difficult to understand ?
    When the PM says 1 person max and his deputy says both parents then yes, it is difficult to understand.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,283

But it's got to be done.

On here I would say most of the praise he is receiving on PB is because people are sh*t-scared of the virus. Normally critical thinkers have turned in to the government's biggest fans. Not surprising because when one is scared one typically seeks to accept authority.
  • Options
    You can meet anyone in the park if socially distanced. FFS this is such nonsense.
  • Options

Thoughts:
    1. Love the Thick of It comparison - it really is a real life re-enactment of that episode.
    2. Love the "ITS VERY CLEAR" insistence from PB/FB Tories being roundly ridiculed by anyone with ears.
    3. WY Cop Shop says "Fuck this we're offski". The singularly most dangerous thing I've read. I know the current "we've had enough of experts" version of the Tory party thinks its funny to blame the experts for their incompetence, but Maybot tried that at the police federation and it backfired badly
    4. The sky is literally about to fall in on the government as scores of sizable businesses place a significant number of furloughed employees on notice of redundancy. There is literally nothing to reassure the hospitality industry of any kind of restoration. The travel and holiday industry was scuttled last night. If you run one of these companies the only change you may have of not losing the business is to lay everyone off and try to mothball things. Sunak could join in with the "nothing has changed" by making furlough and other schemes open ended and unlimited. Or else BOOM.

As I stated earlier but it's worth repeating.

Furlough scheme ends June 30th
    45 Day notice of redundancy notices need to be sent by May 15th (this Friday).

There really is zero time for this to be fixed - it needs to be sorted by close of play tonight.
  • Options
    I've always tried to live by the rule of "if I have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all." Perhaps we could all learn to follow this rule here.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,725
    Not a great performance. You have to get your illustrative examples to line up as people will remember those.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,710
    Based on those front pages, Johnson has massively mucked up the communication. Only the Sun shows a coherent message that the government would presumably want.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,871
    @CarlottaVance

Still struggling to find proof re your lies on care homes I see, I presume the numbers do not support your claims on several previous threads.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,917
    I'm off out on a necessary journey in a minute, will report back how the roads were.
  • Options
    eek said:

I note that when he is called out when suggests impossible next steps he stops talking.

It really is a shame Vanilla doesn't offer an ignore button as this is the 3rd day I've replied to half baked details from him (today he forgot Childcare was closed, last week it was knowing more about IT projects than 2 people who earn their living fixing them).
    I didn't forget childcare is closed I tried to be helpful. Its a difficult situation and I'm sure people will be making difficult decisions.

As for IT I never said I knew more than anyone else. I said that I would be surprised if they hadn't thought about the problem - and I said that if it didn't work then that would surely be discovered this week in the Beta test and they would go to a Plan B. Given that it seems the problem has been discovered in the Beta test and they have gone to Plan B then how was I wrong please?
  • Options
    Park benches need to get a lot bigger.
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    This is presumably just a minor screwup - seems pretty clear that it's one household, not one person. Since if you infect one of your parents, they will then infect the other, so you may as well just meet both at once and get it over with.
  • Options
    Fishing said:

I always made sure to bring my dad an apple when I visit him once a day. Of course he doesn't eat apples, but I took it to him anyway.
    Multi tasking. Taking an apple and taking the piss.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,199

When 2 out of 3 posts on this site are retweets from Scott then it makes the site pointless

What is the S number?

(S is the proportion of posts on the thread that are retweets from Scott)
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1259751988750888961

He was the man who didn't understand how close Dover was to Calais. Why they send such an obviously incompetent moron out to bat for the Government beats me.
  • Options
    Anyone know if non hospitality shops, say bookshops can now reopen?
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Anyone know if non hospitality shops, say bookshops can now reopen?

They can't.
  • Options

https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1259751988750888961

He was the man who didn't understand how close Dover was to Calais. Why they send such an obviously incompetent moron out to bat for the Government beats me.

So you can stand in a queue for a supermarket two metres from people you don't know but you can't stand in a park 2 metres from people you do know???
This discussion has been closed.