Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The betting moves even more to Cummings still being in his job

SystemSystem Posts: 11,682
edited May 2020 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The betting moves even more to Cummings still being in his job next month

Based on the betting, Cummings is now slightly more likely to survive in his job than before the press conference. pic.twitter.com/Pf2LijTbcc

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,216
    First. Like Pravda.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,667

First. Like Pravda.

I'll second that!
  • Options
    Brutal from the Mail there
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,609
    Some interesting practical experiments going on in the US ‘heartland’.

https://twitter.com/lookner/status/1264806143907545089
  • Options
    30, like the number of miles Dominic drove on his wife's birthday, with his son in the car, to test his eyesight
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    Yeah, that's the sort of thing I've been having to put up with the past fortnight. Coronavirus is over, at least in the coastal towns.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    Nigelb said:

https://twitter.com/markmobility/status/1264511798142799873?s=19
  • Options
    state_go_awaystate_go_away Posts: 5,417
    I have watched Ozarks , they are all bad uns
  • Options

I think the comments at the end of the last thread by a few people on the Daily Mail are worth repeating here.

In my humble opinion it is a horrid, hateful, bigoted, nasty, authoritarian rag that makes its trade on spewing hate.

And it wouldn't surprise me if many of those gleefully sharing it now not so secretly normally hold that opinion too.

Concur with most of this although it does have a habit of knowing what is going on Middle England
  • Options
    SaltireSaltire Posts: 525
    Memorial Day weekend is a big thing in the US. The problem is that next year the Memorial that are marking might be something much more recent.
  • Options
    Just think the Proclaimers would have walked from London to Durham and back .Think about that for a minute
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,138
    Cummings’ fate is a bit irrelevant now unless you’ve money on it. It’s a breach in the Conservative Party that counts politically. Dom will undoubtedly stay but he, and by extension his sub, Mr BJ, are damaged goods in their own party (okay, Johnson’s Party). They have been shown not to walk on water - as evidenced by the email inboxes of the backbenchers this weekend, not to mention the Mail and ConHome. Everyone knows this was, charitably, a complete PR fiasco. That’s all that matters now.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

The bloke on the right in the foreground looks the most stereotypical North Carolinan NASCAR fan imagineable.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,189

Yeah, that's the sort of thing I've been having to put up with the past fortnight. Coronavirus is over, at least in the coastal towns.
    I could see by the picture that everyone was 'staying alert'.
  • Options
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,992
    If they'd come out with the full story on Friday night, and combined it with an actual (you know) apology, then we wouldn't be talking about this at all.
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,441

Just think the Proclaimers would have walked from London to Durham and back .Think about that for a minute

Irrelevant but cool fact:
    If you are on the International Space Station, and you play "I'm gonna be", you travel 1000 miles in the time it takes the song to play:

https://what-if.xkcd.com/58/
  • Options
    A lot of 'natural selection' going on in the Ozarks.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,992
    Retroactively changing things.

Ouch. Not a smart thing to do.

It's a good thing no-one on this board has the power to retroactively change posts and comments. (Bwahahahahaha...)
  • Options

I think the comments at the end of the last thread by a few people on the Daily Mail are worth repeating here.

In my humble opinion it is a horrid, hateful, bigoted, nasty, authoritarian rag that makes its trade on spewing hate.

And it wouldn't surprise me if many of those gleefully sharing it now not so secretly normally hold that opinion too.

Yeah, but it knows it’s readership.
  • Options

There is a proclaimers parody on the rounds 'And I will drive two, sixty miles and I will drive two, sixty more...'
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,352
    Typical.mail pressing all.the buttons like fury oitrage and the like. Its a rag... stick.to.the Times.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/ShehabKhan/status/1265019811471536128

I wonder if this might not be a tactical mistake, or the beginnings of an anti-Tory alliance?
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,300
    eadric said:

The Guardian has form in this department. When they get a scoop they like to juice it up, at the start, with a massive lie that gets the ball rolling; by the time everyone realises they lied, then it is too late, the scoop is a thing

Remember this notorious Guardian apology

"On 13 December the following clarification was published: "An article about the investigation into the abduction and death of Milly Dowler (News of the World hacked Milly Dowler's phone during police hunt, 5 July, page 1) stated that voicemail 'messages were deleted by [News of the World] journalists in the first few days after Milly's disappearance in order to free up space for more messages. As a result friends and relatives of Milly concluded wrongly that she might still be alive"

"Since this story was published new evidence – as reported in the Guardian of 10 December – has led the Metropolitan police to believe that this was unlikely to have been correct and that while the News of the World hacked Milly Dowler's phone the newspaper is unlikely to have been responsible for the deletion of a set of voicemails from the phone that caused her parents to have false hopes that she was alive"

They repeated the lie in THIRTY SEVEN articles until they finally retracted

It is quite a brutal and ruthless paper, as bad as the Mail, its eerie twin sister

https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2011/dec/20/corrections-and-clarifications

Boris was sacked twice for lying. Firstly, in 1988 when working as a journalist at the Times, and secondly in 2004 when he was in the Tory Shadow Cabinet.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

I wonder if this might not be a tactical mistake, or the beginnings of an anti-Tory alliance?

The old adage, don't interrupt your opponents when they are making a mistake. If they start to team up, its looks like Brexit blocking all over again and descends into party political stuff, he said, she said.

And of course Labour have had some lockdown breakers themselves. Tahir Ali for instance.

I would just let Boris continuing to look shit and leave it at that.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

It's a good thing no-one on this board has the power to retroactively change posts and comments. (Bwahahahahaha...)
    Are you Dom to Mike's Boris? :lol:
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,952
    We need polling
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,897
    eadric said:

The Guardian has form in this department. When they get a scoop they like to juice it up, at the start, with a massive lie that gets the ball rolling; by the time everyone realises they lied, then it is too late, the scoop is a thing

"On 13 December the following clarification was published: "An article about the investigation into the abduction and death of Milly Dowler (News of the World hacked Milly Dowler's phone during police hunt, 5 July, page 1) stated that voicemail 'messages were deleted by [News of the World] journalists in the first few days after Milly's disappearance in order to free up space for more messages. As a result friends and relatives of Milly concluded wrongly that she might still be alive"

"Since this story was published new evidence – as reported in the Guardian of 10 December – has led the Metropolitan police to believe that this was unlikely to have been correct and that while the News of the World hacked Milly Dowler's phone the newspaper is unlikely to have been responsible for the deletion of a set of voicemails from the phone that caused her parents to have false hopes that she was alive"

It is quite a brutal and ruthless paper, as bad as the Mail, its eerie twin sister

https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2011/dec/20/corrections-and-clarifications

Don't forget (Dominic Cummings won't have done) about Cadwalladr's five consecutive Observer front pages regarding the referendum leave campaigns, data and funding - each one followed by a page 50 correction of material facts regarding the previous week's article.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,937
    DougSeal said:

Cummings’ fate is a bit irrelevant now unless you’ve money on it. It’s a breach in the Conservative Party that counts politically. Dom will undoubtedly stay but he, and by extension his sub, Mr BJ, are damaged goods in their own party (okay, Johnson’s Party). They have been shown not to walk on water - as evidenced by the email inboxes of the backbenchers this weekend, not to mention the Mail and ConHome. Everyone knows this was, charitably, a complete PR fiasco. That’s all that matters now.

Yep, Johnson and Cummings are both weaker - internally and externally - than they were this time last week.

• Options

They are going to fuck it up
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,420

There are also a number of newly minted Tim Montgomerie fans amongst our number.
  • Options
    humbuggerhumbugger Posts: 377

Playing politics during a pandemic. Frivolous.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    The most worrying point about this saga is the fact that almost noone seems to understand the difference between quarantine and lockdown.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Yep, Johnson and Cummings are both weaker - internally and externally - than they were this time last week.

Not really.

Dom still has a vice like grip on BoZo's nads, and none of the cabinet blinked.

EDIT: And Dom has 19 new names for his shitlist.
  • Options

Or both.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

It worked fantastically last time when the coalition of loser parties and ex Tories lined up together.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    Scott_xP said:

I doubt they can fuck it more than the Boris and his coterie....

Bring back John Major and his cones hotline....seriously all is forgiven....
  • Options

If there was anything guaranteed to bring out a pretty much unanimous show of support for the PM, from Tory MPs, this is probably it.
  • Options
    BantermanBanterman Posts: 287
    Sandpit said:

eadric said:

Don't forget (Dominic Cummings won't have done) about Cadwalladr's five consecutive Observer front pages regarding the referendum leave campaigns, data and funding - each one followed by a page 50 correction of material facts regarding the previous week's article.
    Dom's revenge will come when they can least cope with it
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,297
    Scott_xP said:

That is just plain stupid to do that post tonight

• Options
    Sandpit said:

eadric said:

If the Guardian valued their expert virtuous journalist so high, I have no idea how Carole Conspiracy is still employed by them. Her twitter rants are totally deranged, its left wing version of Alex Jones.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,007

Sandpit said:

eadric said:

If the Guardian valued their expert virtuous journalist so high, I have no idea how Carole Conspiracy is still employed by them. Her twitter rants are totally deranged, its left wing version of Alex Jones.
    At least she's not a lying felon like Guido.
  • Options
    Foreign visitors to Spain will no longer have to undergo a two-week quarantine from 1 July, the government has announced.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52800611

Seems like a big call.
  • Options
    eadric said:

I know you’re a journalist yourself so you’ll probably shoot me down in flames here, but thing is, no one gives, or has ever really given, that much of a shit about the Guardian compared to most other papers and I say that as a former regular, and still occasional, reader. It has its place in the landscape certainly but it is not likely to bring down a government - occasional scoops like Jonathan Aitken aside. It’s survival is down to the Scott Trust Endowment. No one gave a monkeys about the police “speaking” to him. If the story had come out even without that it would still have traction as the facts of 260 mile trip in these circumstances are so striking.

The Mail, on the other hand has its finger on the pulse of Middle England, and that’s where elections are won.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,102
    Nigelb said:

Aren't those called the bleachers?
  • Options

So long as they all agree to say nothing and let Boris keep digging they will be fine.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,548
    rcs1000 said:

Telling.

The claim is correct - just checked it.

The only query is whether he did it somewhere else.
  • Options
    I see Labour on manoeuvres in this cross party 'Get Boris' powow. Sadly I am not tactically minded enough to guess what they're up to, but it feels like that clever Mr. Starmer is up to something, and the nationalists should be wary - they aren't dealing with Corbyn anymore.
  • Options
    Mail is brutal lol
  • Options

It worked fantastically last time when the coalition of loser parties and ex Tories lined up together.
    But then we had the Grand Master Loser in charge.
  • Options
    Gabs3Gabs3 Posts: 836
    Joint statement on Hong Kong from Canada, Australia and the UK:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/joint-statement-from-the-uk-australia-and-canada-on-hong-kong

I wonder if this is the shape of British foreign policy post-Brexit. Not as large a club as the EU, but perhaps easier to coordinate for that reason.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    That's one massive Tory-reading paper they've got back onside, as least on the front page.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    Only paper so far leading on real news.
  • Options
    ozymandiasozymandias Posts: 1,503

Sorry I can hold no longer. returning to post after a while. CHB was hysterically off-beat during the GE and I see nothing has changed.

Tactical mistake - obviously. Anti-Tory alliance? They're opposition for goodness sake - they're anti-tory by definition. Alliance? Thought that's what opposition parties tended to be.

Oh and in case no one's being paying attention, the Tories have 80 more MP's than this "alliance" combined. What can they do exactly? Great to hear it.

You're acting as if there was a GE next week, not four years (!) away. If Blair could manage to get a comfortable majority in 2005 after his "illegal" war then I'm sure this fluff with Cummings will have the following impact in GE 24: None.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,205
    So why can’t cafes and restaurants reopen if shops can?
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    Are the figures improving that quickly or are these 'look squirrel' strategies?
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

God knows
  • Options
    Gabs3 said:

Joint statement on Hong Kong from Canada, Australia and the UK:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/joint-statement-from-the-uk-australia-and-canada-on-hong-kong

I wonder if this is the shape of British foreign policy post-Brexit. Not as large a club as the EU, but perhaps easier to coordinate for that reason.

A more relevant club for our country to be involved with.
  • Options
    eadric said:

DougSeal said:

eadric said:

I know you’re a journalist yourself so you’ll probably shoot me down in flames here, but thing is, no one gives, or has ever really given, that much of a shit about the Guardian compared to most other papers and I say that as a former regular, and still occasional, reader. It has its place in the landscape certainly but it is not likely to bring down a government - occasional scoops like Jonathan Aitken aside. It’s survival is down to the Scott Trust Endowment. No one gave a monkeys about the police “speaking” to him. If the story had come out even without that it would still have traction as the facts of 260 mile trip in these circumstances are so striking.

The Mail, on the other hand has its finger on the pulse of Middle England, and that’s where elections are won.
    I think you're quite wrong. The Guardian is massively influential because it has become the Paper of Record for The Blob: the left wing commentariat, the BBC, academics, charities, educators, Labour, Libs, common purpose, all that malarkey

This is aided by its being free online (which may prove a masterstroke in the end). Its website is hugely popular

I'd say there are only three or four papers in the country that still have real if dwindling influence: the Mail, the Guardian, the Times, and - perhaps, perhaps not - the Sun.

Of those there's a good case for saying the Guardian is the most potent
    Interesting view. I suppose my perspective comes from moving in such circles, left wing metropolitan elitist as I have been, and listening to it being mocked mercilessly by its own readership.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    Only paper so far leading on real news.
    The Daily Telegraph hasn't done 'real news' since the Barclays' took it over.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

I see Labour on manoeuvres in this cross party 'Get Boris' powow. Sadly I am not tactically minded enough to guess what they're up to, but it feels like that clever Mr. Starmer is up to something, and the nationalists should be wary - they aren't dealing with Corbyn anymore.

The sensible thing for them to do is something Parliamentary at the first Opposition Day debate - make the Tory MPs walk through the lobbies to oppose a motion censuring the PM for the conduct of his advisor. To be immediately followed by a letter-writing campaign to all the Tory MPs from "their constituents" about how upset/annoyed/furious they are that their MP doesn't hate Cummings as much as they do.

I imagine that getting everyone active for an opposition party in a Tory seat to write an individual letter, with their own sad story, at the same time, might have something of an affect on the MP's mailbox.

I don't know why I'm giving them advice though.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

I expect they will with hotels by July
  • Options

Sorry I can hold no longer. returning to post after a while. CHB was hysterically off-beat during the GE and I see nothing has changed.

Tactical mistake - obviously. Anti-Tory alliance? They're opposition for goodness sake - they're anti-tory by definition. Alliance? Thought that's what opposition parties tended to be.

Oh and in case no one's being paying attention, the Tories have 80 more MP's than this "alliance" combined. What can they do exactly? Great to hear it.

You're acting as if there was a GE next week, not four years (!) away. If Blair could manage to get a comfortable majority in 2005 after his "illegal" war then I'm sure this fluff with Cummings will have the following impact in GE 24: None.
    Thank you for your kind words, welcome back
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

The most worrying point about this saga is the fact that almost noone seems to understand the difference between quarantine and lockdown.

Can't we have an English word - One is French and the other probably American ! Maybe a suggestion would be a Refrain!
  • Options

Cyclefree said:

You haven't read about Weston-Super- Mare Hospital yet then?
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Many thanks. I do, often, re-read your vehement assertions from the campaign that there would be a hung parliament. And then read your posts just after the Exit poll.

It was good to see you back, posting whilst I was lurking, after your self-imposed exile.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Cyclefree said:

I believe it closed today but expected it to be resolved.

No idea beyond that
  • Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556
    Wow, I expected the heat to go out of this fairly quickly, but today's Cummings-Boris one-two punch was the equivalent of putting out a forest fire in a day.

For the love of God, please let's not go insane every time a scandal or bad headline pops up, or any other effervescent mélange of ephemeral froth.

And yes, that goes for good Tory headlines and for Labour stumbles as well. Very few things ever really merit the intensity of the immediate reaction.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Cyclefree said:

Becauase none of this has been thought through properly and there is no strategy in place to keep us safe whilst out and about, save 'stay alert'. Coronavirus policy is evolving on Boris' whim or the next required act of political expediency. It is a shambles.
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    edited May 2020

Cyclefree said:

I am expecting 6 July for hotels, pubs (maybe outside only) and cafes. And restaurants.

The Plan (Stage 3) talks about 4 July but this is a Sat - I don't think they will bring the change in on a Sat.

• Options

Many thanks. I do, often, re-read your vehement assertions from the campaign that there would be a hung parliament. And then read your posts just after the Exit poll.

It was good to see you back, posting whilst I was lurking, after your self-imposed exile.
    Yes, I got the HP wrong - I hope we can move on now as it's quite boring having to apologise for getting one of my predictions wrong.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,667

Pulpstar said:

Can't we have an English word - One is French and the other probably American ! Maybe a suggestion would be a Refrain!
    Isn't that French, from refraindre?
  • Options

Cyclefree said:

I believe it closed today but expected it to be resolved.

No idea beyond that
    It could be nothing, it could herald a second wave.
  • Options

Yes, I got the HP wrong - I hope we can move on now as it's quite boring having to apologise for getting one of my predictions wrong.
    Sure thing. I'll remember that when you make more predictions :wink:
  • Options
    humbuggerhumbugger Posts: 377
    edited May 2020
    A few thoughts:

1. You've lost the argument if you start citing fuel tank capacity and the bladder capacity of a 4 year old to support your case.
    2. Hatred of Cummings blinds some. The Guardian clearly rushed to judgment before checking all the facts. CHB clearly failed to understand the significance of the statement by Durham Police before rushing to judge that it was crucifying, prior to asking what it meant.
    3. Those who pronounced their verdict before hearing all the evidence displayed their liberal left pro-EU prejudice (The Bishops), their panic (a few Tory MPs) or their trolling (CHB), or were JHB.
    4. 20 Tory MPs calling for Cummings to go suggests 345 Tory MPs did not feel strongly enough to agree, for whatever reason. Do the math.
    5. Boris will not take the easy option if he thinks doing so is wrong. He thinks dumping Cummings would have been unfair, or would damage the government or both. Those who think he just wants to be popular are just plain wrong.
    6. The next GE will almost certainly not be for another 4 years. By the time the voters deliver their verdict, Cummings' trip to Durham will be long forgotten.
    7. Big G is correct, the next GE will be depend on how well the voters think the government handles the economy. Unless of course the Corbynite wing leaves Labour and we get a re-run of 1983.

Good night all.
  • Options

Your voice of sanity has been much missed indeed. Welcome back!
  • Options
    eadric said:

Scott_xP said:
    Milder than yesterday. They won't be panicking. By Wednesday this will likely be over
    If you say so.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

I heard 'confinement' today. Quite nice, only it makes us all seem like we're pregnant with the illegimate offspring of the local squire.
  • Options
    humbugger said:

A few thoughts:

1. You've lost the argument if you start citing fuel tank capacity and the bladder capacity of a 4 year old to support your case.
    2. Hatred of Cummings blinds some. The Guardian clearly rushed to judgment before checking all the facts. CHB clearly failed to understand the significance of the statement by rushing to judge that it was crucifying, prior to asking what it meant.
    3. Those who pronounced their verdict before hearing all the evidence displayed their liberal left pro-EU prejudice (The Bishops), their panic (a few Tory MPs) or their trolling (CHB), or were JHB.
    4. 20 Tory MPs calling for Cummings to go suggests 345 Tory MPs did not feel strongly enough to agree, for whatever reason. Do the math.
    5. Boris will not take the easy option if he thinks doing so is wrong. He thinks dumping Cummings would have been unfair, or would damage the government or both. Those who think he just wants to be popular are just plain wrong.
    6. The next GE will almost certainly not be for another 4 years. By the time the voters deliver their verdict, Cummings' trip to Durham will be long forgotten.
    7. Big G is correct, the next GE will be depend on how well the voters think the government handles the economy. Unless of course the Corbynite wing leaves Labour and we get a re-run of 1983.

Good night all.

To be mentioned so many times in one post, what an honour!

My Labour backers will be thrilled, a raise for me!
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,937

Pulpstar said:

Quarantine is derived Venetian, not French. It refers to the 40 days crew had to wait on ships before they could disembark when they arrived in Venice.

• Options

He did say yesterday afternoon that Cummings was gone, so at least he's keeping his repertoire fresh :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Wow, I expected the heat to go out of this fairly quickly, but today's Cummings-Boris one-two punch was the equivalent of putting out a forest fire in a day.

For the love of God, please let's not go insane every time a scandal or bad headline pops up, or any other effervescent mélange of ephemeral froth.

And yes, that goes for good Tory headlines and for Labour stumbles as well. Very few things ever really merit the intensity of the immediate reaction.

Why did it require such an intervention to take the heat out of it (if that is what it has done) if it had not cut through?
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    The Guardian has had a go as well. To be honest, I prefer this to the Times’s version even if it has a few basic errors...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/may/25/richard-hoare-obituary
  • Options

He did say yesterday afternoon that Cummings was gone, so at least he's keeping his repertoire fresh :wink:
    I've still got a 60% success rate on predictions, I am very happy with that.
  • Options
    Charles said:

The Guardian has had a go as well. To be honest, I prefer this to the Times’s version even if it has a few basic errors...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/may/25/richard-hoare-obituary

That's a lovely piece.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Ah, it's all right. The bits where you 'pretend' to be Keir Starmer etc are so funny they almost make up for the irritation you cause at other times.
  • Options
    We. Need. Polling.
  • Options

Ah, it's all right. The bits where you 'pretend' to be Keir Starmer etc almost make up for the irritation you cause at other times.
    I am not pretending, I really am Keir Starmer.
  • Options

We. Need. Polling.

What for? Is there a General Election soon?
  • Options
    Actually, I am now Tony Blair.
  • Options
    Over the years, Boris has been sacked twice for lying:

In 1988, Boris was sacked from his job at The Times newspaper over allegations he fabricated a quote from his godfather, the historian Colin Lucas, for a front-page article about the discovery of Edward II’s Rose Palace.

After becoming leader of the Conservatives in 2003, Michael Howard gave Boris two new jobs – party vice-chairman and shadow arts minister. Boris was sacked from both positions in November 2004 after assuring Mr Howard that tabloid reports of his affair with Spectator columnist Petronella Wyatt were false and an “inverted pyramid of piffle”. When the story was found to be true, he refused to resign.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-lies-conservative-leader-candidate-list-times-banana-brexit-bus-a8929076.html
This discussion has been closed.