Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Trump: Pardon Me

124»

Comments

• Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,818

malcolmg said:

justin124 said:

Tempus fugit . Perhaps it is the downside of being blessed with a very good memory, but I do find it hard emotionally to get my mind to accept the reality that not a single MP elected in 1970 now sits in the House of Commons - indeed the vast majority have passed away.To me , it feels but a few years ago. It was my O level month.

O levels, a blast from the past. No F passes in those days, it was straight pass or fail. I did mine in 1971, failed every prelim due to bone idleness and horses/drinking and they were not going to let me sit the O levels but I did a couple of weeks work just to show them and passed all 8 easily.
    You were on the bevvy and nags in 4th year? An early developer!
    Well in before that TUD, I used to light the coal fire and marked the boards in days before they were allowed TV's etc. Boards were hard work when you had lots of meetings. Great days that and the cards and Pitch and Toss, and of course the girls in the evenings.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,116

justin124 said:

malcolmg said:

justin124 said:

Tempus fugit . Perhaps it is the downside of being blessed with a very good memory, but I do find it hard emotionally to get my mind to accept the reality that not a single MP elected in 1970 now sits in the House of Commons - indeed the vast majority have passed away.To me , it feels but a few years ago. It was my O level month.

O levels, a blast from the past. No F passes in those days, it was straight pass or fail. I did mine in 1971, failed every prelim due to bone idleness and horses/drinking and they were not going to let me sit the O levels but I did a couple of weeks work just to show them and passed all 8 easily.
    My experience was very different. There were pass grades 1 - 6 - Grade 1 being a Distinction. Fail grades were 7 - 9. A few years later the pass grades became A - C with Fail grades of D and E. I believe GCSE grades have now reverted to 1-6 with grade 6 being a Distinction.
    IIRC from what my grandchildren tell me, 9 is top, although I believe one can get a 9*.

I've got some grandchildren teaching for them and others taking them!
    Don’t think so. 9 is an approximate equivalent to the old A*, though apparently a bit harder to get.
    Seems to change with each grandchild who takes the exams! One did them 15 years ago, another 13, then there's a gap due to children not getting married until their late 30's so one did them last year, and is doing A levels next year, and two more are starting the two year run-up in September.
    What is the difference, do any of our educators know, between GCSE and IGCSE?
    The I stands for International. They are therefore designed for students who do not have a native command of English.

Very popular with many private schools as well because for that reason they are easier, although attempts have been made to tighten up on eligibility requirements.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

justin124 said:

Well in before that TUD, I used to light the coal fire and marked the boards in days before they were allowed TV's etc. Boards were hard work when you had lots of meetings. Great days that and the cards and Pitch and Toss, and of course the girls in the evenings.
    We didn’t ‘ave an ‘ole...
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,292
    kle4 said:

HYUFD said:
    This is something of a relief to me. Since I am a racist regardless of what I believe or how I act, I guess that means I need do nothing.
    Without going all Goodwins Law here, didn't the last person to claim personality traits were 'inherited' sport a funny little moustache?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    eadric said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:
    This is something of a relief to me. Since I am a racist regardless of what I believe or how I act, I guess that means I need do nothing.
    Yes, this one from L'Oreal's lovely new consultant is especially liberating:

“Once white people begin to admit that their race is the most violent and oppressive force of nature on Earth, then we can talk.”

No matter what I do I am part of the most violent and oppressive force on earth and always will be, because of my skin colour.

So I might as well go out and be horribly violent and oppressive then, at least it will be fun.
    I remember the saying well

Sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me. Unless, no matter how obliquely, I am called a racist at which point I will throw a shit fit and even promise to become racist as an act of revenge.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,818
    ydoethur said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

justin124 said:

We didn’t ‘ave an ‘ole...
    Ydoethur , the 70's were great days, I have fond memories.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,226

I doubt Starmer gives her a moments thought

Nor does be need to
    If Starmer has any sense, he'd give some consideration to how to work with the Lib Dems.

The Corbyn approach was to see them as essentially a party of the left that needed to be crushed by constantly pointing to the "evils" of the Coalition and calling them Tories. You can see the logic but, in practice, about as many ex-Lib Dems responded by voting for the real Tories as by voting Labour. This was broadly a wash in Tory/Labour seats, and a straightforward gift to the Tories in seats where Labour weren't a factor.

Probably the better model is Blair/Ashdown. Blair had no compunction about going toe to toe in by-elections (Labour absolutely did not go easy in the Eastleigh and Littleborough & Saddleworth by-elections when Blair was a new leader trying to prove himself). But, ultimately, he correctly saw it as useful to have a centrist Lib Dems (i.e. not nibbling too much at his left fringe) as they'd soak up disgruntled Tories and pin Conservative resources down in quite a few seats.

Blair also realised the personal relationship was important. In a closer election, the Lib Dems' 46 MPs in 1997 would have been helpful for him. As it turns out, he simply didn't need them. But his relationship with Ashdown was such that the safety net was there for Blair had that election campaign gone poorly for Labour. Contrast the relationships between Clegg, Cameron, and Brown/the Brownites. I don't think the maths could have worked anyway in 2010 but there's no question that Clegg was vastly more personally comfortable with Cameron than Brown (who never believed in cultivating the relationship at all).

I'd note that the Lib Dems are highly unlikely to be at 1997 seat levels at the next election, and Starmer will be MORE interested in how the SNP relationship works. But they could plausibly be at the 20-25 level with a fair wind, and are probably an easier partner than the SNP.
    Lib Dems probably aren't any threat to Labour anymore (they might even drop to third in Sheffield Hallam next time) so they should choose Davey and focus on all their southern marginals and near misses like Cheadle and hope Starmer soaks up the residual LD vote in Con-Lab maginals by default.

If the Tories drop from 45% to 40% the Lib Dems could quite feasibly end up with 30 MPs next time if Davey is leader even though they are unlikely to get more than 10-15% of the vote nationally.
    Under any reasonable system that would justify 60-100 seats.
  • Options
    Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,060

kinabalu said:

Donald Trump. What a jerk. I’ve been posting for ages that he is heading for the rocks and thank god it looks like I’m right again. Of course I do not (despite my almost spooky record) expect people to take my calls on blind trust. I owe it to the site to provide a killer exposition of why Trump is toast. Let’s start with what he must hold to have a chance of re-election – the Rust Belt.

So if you’re like me the first thing you think of when hearing that term is the motion picture, The Deer Hunter. We’ve all seen it. It’s a modern classic. It was on again last week and I watched it, this time with a focus not on the plot and the dialogue – which I know backwards – but on what it tells us about this year’s presidential election.

It’s set in Pennsylvania where Trump is defending a margin of 0.72%. Polls have him losing it but we don’t need polls when we can listen to real flesh & blood residents of the state and we have a solid sample of them here. We have Michael (Robert de Niro), Nick (Christopher Walken), Stevie (John Savage), Fredo (John Cazale), and of course Linda (Meryl Streep). Blue collar. Steel. Backbone of America. Woke? Give me a break.

In 2016 they voted as follows. Linda for Clinton (swayed by pussygate). Fredo for Trump (also influenced by pussygate – at last a politician he could relate to). Walken and Stevie for Trump (jobs mainly plus time for something different). De Niro, as one would expect, saw through the Donald, could see he was a phony, but felt Hillary Clinton had nothing to say to people like him. So despite being interested in politics, he didn’t vote. He went hunting in the mountains (for deer) instead.

So what do they plan to do in 2020? Have they made their minds up yet? Turns out they have and the results are striking.

Linda and Fredo are unchanged and further entrenched. She hates Trump with a passion, he is looking forward to the rallies and breaking out his cap again. Since his accident at the plant which left him in a wheelchair Stevie has become a rather serious-minded person. In particular he no longer finds Donald Trump remotely funny. He’s had his fill of him and will be voting Dem. As will Walken, who is bitterly disappointed by Trump’s response to the coronavirus. “Shit, the guy can’t tell his ass from his windpipe,” as he put it. De Niro smirks and nods at that. But Biden looks like a crock of shit to him so once more, his interest in politics notwithstanding, he won’t be voting. Plans to spend polling day as he did in 2016 – up in the mountains shooting deer.

Scores on the doors. In 2016 this group delivered 3 votes for Trump and 1 for Clinton. In 2020 it’s the exact opposite, 3 for Biden and only 1 for Trump. Just Fredo with his MAGA gear and conspiracy theories about “lizards” and “globalists” and all the rest of it. The basest of the base.

Conclusion? Too obvious to bother spelling out beyond “landslide”.

Nap of the day. You can back Biden to take Penn at 1.65. There are worse bets. :smile:

Brilliant stuff, Kinabalu. Entirely persuasive. Might I suggest for a future analysis, you could talk us through the next London Assembly elections through the prism of Love Actually?
    Please nobody mention Love Actually, the worst film ever made.
    Says someone who never saw”The Lawnmower Man”.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,924
    eadric said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

“Once white people begin to admit that their race is the most violent and oppressive force of nature on Earth, then we can talk.”

No matter what I do I am part of the most violent and oppressive force on earth and always will be, because of my skin colour.

So I might as well go out and be horribly violent and oppressive then, at least it will be fun.
    Humans of any skin tone can be horribly violent to each other. Whether of the same skin tone or different. And that's both one on one and collectively, and the collective is why/how we replaced the Neanderthals and the Denisovians and whatever other Homo species there were in the dim and distant past.
    AIUI the poor souls shipped to the Caribbean were often war captives, sold by their captors, their one-rime neighbours.
  • Options
    kamskikamski Posts: 4,229
    Off topic:
    As most Covid cases in Germany these days are in meat factories, people are finally looking at the reality of what goes on there, and it isn't pretty.

Maybe existence is really trying to tell us to eat less meat?
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,292

kinabalu said:

Donald Trump. What a jerk. I’ve been posting for ages that he is heading for the rocks and thank god it looks like I’m right again. Of course I do not (despite my almost spooky record) expect people to take my calls on blind trust. I owe it to the site to provide a killer exposition of why Trump is toast. Let’s start with what he must hold to have a chance of re-election – the Rust Belt.

So if you’re like me the first thing you think of when hearing that term is the motion picture, The Deer Hunter. We’ve all seen it. It’s a modern classic. It was on again last week and I watched it, this time with a focus not on the plot and the dialogue – which I know backwards – but on what it tells us about this year’s presidential election.

It’s set in Pennsylvania where Trump is defending a margin of 0.72%. Polls have him losing it but we don’t need polls when we can listen to real flesh & blood residents of the state and we have a solid sample of them here. We have Michael (Robert de Niro), Nick (Christopher Walken), Stevie (John Savage), Fredo (John Cazale), and of course Linda (Meryl Streep). Blue collar. Steel. Backbone of America. Woke? Give me a break.

In 2016 they voted as follows. Linda for Clinton (swayed by pussygate). Fredo for Trump (also influenced by pussygate – at last a politician he could relate to). Walken and Stevie for Trump (jobs mainly plus time for something different). De Niro, as one would expect, saw through the Donald, could see he was a phony, but felt Hillary Clinton had nothing to say to people like him. So despite being interested in politics, he didn’t vote. He went hunting in the mountains (for deer) instead.

So what do they plan to do in 2020? Have they made their minds up yet? Turns out they have and the results are striking.

Linda and Fredo are unchanged and further entrenched. She hates Trump with a passion, he is looking forward to the rallies and breaking out his cap again. Since his accident at the plant which left him in a wheelchair Stevie has become a rather serious-minded person. In particular he no longer finds Donald Trump remotely funny. He’s had his fill of him and will be voting Dem. As will Walken, who is bitterly disappointed by Trump’s response to the coronavirus. “Shit, the guy can’t tell his ass from his windpipe,” as he put it. De Niro smirks and nods at that. But Biden looks like a crock of shit to him so once more, his interest in politics notwithstanding, he won’t be voting. Plans to spend polling day as he did in 2016 – up in the mountains shooting deer.

Scores on the doors. In 2016 this group delivered 3 votes for Trump and 1 for Clinton. In 2020 it’s the exact opposite, 3 for Biden and only 1 for Trump. Just Fredo with his MAGA gear and conspiracy theories about “lizards” and “globalists” and all the rest of it. The basest of the base.

Nap of the day. You can back Biden to take Penn at 1.65. There are worse bets. :smile:

Brilliant stuff, Kinabalu. Entirely persuasive. Might I suggest for a future analysis, you could talk us through the next London Assembly elections through the prism of Love Actually?
    Says someone who never saw”The Lawnmower Man”.
    What's so bad about 'The Lawnmower Man'? I agree that it's not very good, but why the worst film ever made?
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,471
    justin124 said:

I am not watching today's 1970 Broadcast , but in my view election results programmes were far better in those days. For the last 25 years or so , they have become much more of a chat show format and rather treated as entertainment.The serious solemn nature of the occasion has rather been lost - and no longer are viewers presented with every individual constituency result.

They used to prioritise showing the detailed results. Now they assume people interested in those can look them up themselves on the internet, and instead concentrate on chat as you say.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,658
    kamski said:

Off topic:
    As most Covid cases in Germany these days are in meat factories, people are finally looking at the reality of what goes on there, and it isn't pretty.

Maybe existence is really trying to tell us to eat less meat?

I cannot believe people are unaware in a general sense that meat production is a grisly business. People are also already generally aware it's better to eat less of it. So while in the long term I'm sure that will be the trend, especially as meat substitutes are getting better apparently, I'm not convinced there will be a dramatic impact from Covid putting a bit more of a focus on it.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    eadric said:

Alistair said:

eadric said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me. Unless, no matter how obliquely, I am called a racist at which point I will throw a shit fit and even promise to become racist as an act of revenge.
    I didn't say anything about racism, the lovely Ms Bergdorf did.

I am going to be violent and oppressive, as that is, apparently, my only destiny.

I may start by bludgeoning a fox to death, while wearing a kimono
    For a writer you have really bad reading comprehension skills.
  • Options
    Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,060

justin124 said:

malcolmg said:

justin124 said:

My experience was very different. There were pass grades 1 - 6 - Grade 1 being a Distinction. Fail grades were 7 - 9. A few years later the pass grades became A - C with Fail grades of D and E. I believe GCSE grades have now reverted to 1-6 with grade 6 being a Distinction.
    IIRC from what my grandchildren tell me, 9 is top, although I believe one can get a 9*.

Don’t think so. 9 is an approximate equivalent to the old A*, though apparently a bit harder to get.
    Seems to change with each grandchild who takes the exams! One did them 15 years ago, another 13, then there's a gap due to children not getting married until their late 30's so one did them last year, and is doing A levels next year, and two more are starting the two year run-up in September.
    My understanding was that in the past IGCSE did not require coursework, just an exam. In the most recent iteration of GCSEs coursework went for most subjects.
    The big difference now is that state schools pretty much have to do GCSEs not IGCSEs as the latter will not count anymore towards performance measures.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,213
    eadric said:

Alistair said:

eadric said:

Alistair said:

eadric said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

I am going to be violent and oppressive, as that is, apparently, my only destiny.

I'm not a writer
    Fabulist?
  • Options

justin124 said:

malcolmg said:

justin124 said:

My understanding was that in the past IGCSE did not require coursework, just an exam. In the most recent iteration of GCSEs coursework went for most subjects.
    The big difference now is that state schools pretty much have to do GCSEs not IGCSEs as the latter will not count anymore towards performance measures.
    IGCSE did - and still does - require coursework. But it’s called a ‘portfolio’ rather than coursework.
  • Options

justin124 said:

malcolmg said:

justin124 said:

Thanks; I have two 14 yr old grandchildren. One, in UK, is doing, I believe, GCSE. The other, at a British school in Thailand, is doing the IGCSE.
    I might, if the virus calls down this Autumn, get the opportunity to compare their experience this Christmas.
  • Options
    eadric said:

Alistair said:

eadric said:

Alistair said:

eadric said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

I'm not a writer
    You’re a journalist who doesn’t write?
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

justin124 said:

I am not watching today's 1970 Broadcast , but in my view election results programmes were far better in those days. For the last 25 years or so , they have become much more of a chat show format and rather treated as entertainment.The serious solemn nature of the occasion has rather been lost - and no longer are viewers presented with every individual constituency result.

They used to prioritise showing the detailed results. Now they assume people interested in those can look them up themselves on the internet, and instead concentrate on chat as you say.
    Invariably they are so busy chatting, that they switch to live footage of a declaration when it's nearly done!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    eadric said:
    He converted the First Nation peoples of California to Christianity and was accused - probably falsely - of beating and threatening them until they did so.

He is as a result a hate figure for First Nation scholars.
  • Options
    eadric said:
    Madness.
  • Options

eadric said:
    Madness.
    What have Suggs and co. done??
  • Options
    Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981

kinabalu said:

I thought Camino's "Heaven's Gate" was generally accepted as the worst film ever made?
  • Options
    state_go_awaystate_go_away Posts: 5,417
    edited June 2020
    Andy_JS said:

justin124 said:

Trouble is there is only so many times you can hear " well it seems like a good /bad night for us but its only an exit poll and lest see the real results " being said . Its not helped by the interviewers always demanding to know what the interviewees party is going to do about the results (before any results are announced).

Personally I like a bit/lot of number analysis ,mixed with a bit of drama/aggro (Galloway always used to provide that !
  • Options

eadric said:
    Madness.
    LOL!
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,226
    edited June 2020
    eadric said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

If you could be good enough to start those of your posts where you are deliberately intending to be horrible, violent or oppressive with a clear symbol (for example ‘###’) it might help to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding? ;)
  • Options

kinabalu said:

I thought Camino's "Heaven's Gate" was generally accepted as the worst film ever made?
    Star Trek V.

At least, it was until The Last Jedi was released.
  • Options

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:
    Without going all Goodwins Law here, didn't the last person to claim personality traits were 'inherited' sport a funny little moustache?
    Lamarck had a moustache? I am sure he was clean-shaven in the pictures I have seen....
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,046
    eadric said:

eadric said:
    Madness.
    The peak moment is when, after the statue is toppled, one young man symbolically hits it with.... his skateboard

This is the Revolution of the Skateboarders. Clueless overgrown teens who can't get laid.
    Or employed.
  • Options

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:
    Lamarck had a moustache? I am sure he was clean-shaven in the pictures I have seen....
    Lysenko?
  • Options
    state_go_awaystate_go_away Posts: 5,417

Andy_JS said:

justin124 said:

Trouble is there is only so many times you can hear " well it seems like a good /bad night for us but its only an exit poll and lest see the real results " being said . Its not helped by the interviewers always demanding to know what the interviewees party is going to do about the results (before any results are announced).

Personally I like a bit/lot of number analysis ,mixed with a bit of drama/aggro (Galloway always used to provide that !
    I also think it would be good if one of the channels (Channel 4?) brought in betting odds analysis for the night - they allow it for horse racing so why no politics
  • Options

eadric said:
    Madness.
    LOL!
    The meaning behind [Embarrassment] was particularly dark, considering the band's previous material. Primarily written by Lee Thompson, the plot of the song reflected the unfolding turmoil following the news that his teenage sister, Tracy Thompson, had become pregnant and was carrying a black man's child. The subsequent rejection by her family, and the shame felt, was reflected in the song.[4]

As Thompson was on the road with the band, he only heard snippets of the story, through phone calls and letters, but this was enough for him to piece the story together. The song is a clear indication of changing attitudes (see miscegenation). The real-life story had a happy ending, however; Thompson later stated that when the child named "Hayley" was born, the antipathy of Tracy's relatives dissolved.[1]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P23Gqn6y8AI
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

kinabalu said:

Star Trek V.

At least, it was until The Last Jedi was released.
    TBH, all the odd-numbered Star Trek films were awful. The even numbered ones I found really enjoyable. And whilst I am more of a Star Trek girl than a Star Wars one, I have enjoyed all the Star Wars movies.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,855

eadric said:
    Madness.
    They were always close to the line, but now they’ve taken one step beyond.
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,069

Grayling appears to have the half-life radium-226. He could take a public dump on the Cenotaph and be revealed to have punched Vera Lynn yet still be popping up in various roles in Tory governments.

https://twitter.com/StevePeers/status/1274297504276910087?s=20

It's proof that the defining virtue in politics is loyalty not competence.
  • Options
    eadric said:

Have you ever watched it?

I have. It is ponderous, and portentous, but it is also magnificent in places. Very underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OApQGRkJzkE

No. From the write-up it is not my kind of movie, but I know of its reputation.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,901
    eadric said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQTnnDCXZNM
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,158
    MaxPB said:

I've been reading about the Wirecard fiasco this morning. The German regulator has had an absolute shocker. The FCA is a flawed organisation for sure, but on this evidence it seems wonderful compared to BaFin. The FT alerted readers to a potential multi billion fraud at the company, instead of investigating the claims of fraud, the German regulator investigated the FT and took them to court under the pretence of destabilising a financial corporation and the the journalists being linked to hedge funds based in London who had multiple short positions on Wirecard.

It's quite possibly the worst regulatory response to a claim of mega fraud I've seen, @Cyclefree may have seen worse though.

Genuinely shocked at how BaFin closed ranks and protected it's own instead of getting to the bottom of fraud allegations that are now going to sink the company and has damaged the German financial sector and their reputation.

Frankfurt, definitely not going to be where investors go with their billions on this evidence.

I have seen some pretty bad stuff from the FCA. But I have long thought and said - on here, amongst other places - that the BaFin is one of the weakest and most ineffective regulators around.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,161
    Just checked into 1970. A woman in a market going on about Rhodesia. Difficult to remember what an issue that was back then.
  • Options
  • Options
    SurreySurrey Posts: 190
    edited June 2020
    Let him talk. A lot in Britain has a "feudal connotation", such as the monarchy and the House of Lords. It's good that he uses the unpalatability of such constructs as a given. Got to wonder how long he will last, though, now that he's done it.
  • Options
    Surrey said:

Let him talk. A lot in Britain has a "feudal connotation", such as the monarchy and the House of Lords. It's good that he uses the unpalatability of such constructs as a given. Got to wonder how long he will last, though, now that he's done it.
    The problem I have with him is that it's obvious he is so desperately out of his depth and doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

When he's briefed and sticks on message he's just about ok but he suffers from an inability to speak off script.

To me he's what Boris Johnson would be like if he didn't have the blustering skill.

Unfortunately for us all (fortunately for Raab?) he is amongst similar morons in the current cabinet. It is the worst of my lifetime by a country mile.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,544

eadric said:
    Madness.
    They're an embarrassment?
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,402
    edited June 2020
    Foxy said:

eadric said:
    Madness.
    They're an embarrassment?
    Alleged mistreatment of Native Americans whilst doing his Missions.

There was some controversy when he was canonised in 2015 ish.

I think there was a campaign to replace a statue of him in Washington with an LGBT activist.

AIUI Ulysses S Grant was a slaveowner - with a far more complex story than BLM / Woke seem to be able to handle. Was given a slave, then freed him.
This discussion has been closed.