Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Harris retains her strong favourite position in the Democratic

Comments

• Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,937
    Nigelb said:

HYUFD said:

Nigelb said:

HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

Demings would be the better choice, from Florida, a key swing state, rather than the safe Democratic areas of California and DC Like Harris and Rice

I think Biden's number one priority is to find a VP candidate who is (a) experienced enough to step into his shoes, and (b) does not scare off any moderate voters.

That's why Harris is the favourite. She's the conservative choice.
    Her prosecution record could ironically scare off African Americans
    Unlikely.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/23/kamala-harris-gop-police-336150

(Though I acknowledge I’m talking my own book.)
    https://theappeal.org/kamala-harris-criminal-justice-record-killed-her-presidential-run/
    That’s your best effort ?
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/07/kamala-harris-biden-criminal-justice-reform-304534
    https://newsone.com/3895238/kamala-harris-cory-booker-polling-black-voters/
  • Options
    You’d think Corbyn had just won a landslide by Novara comments
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,624
    Nigelb said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

dixiedean said:

A challenge from the Left would be a gift to Starmer. He's gonna be another Kinnock I reckon.

Benn challenged Kinnock for the leadership in 1988, Kinnock won 88% to 11% for Benn
    The wierd thing is I doubt it is a close run thing as to which one is more idolised, and idealised, among party members today.
    Yes, but if Kinnock had won a general election...
    Judging by how many of the Labour leaders who have been PMs are now regarded by the party, he might have gotten lucky.
  • Options
    alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518

Commentator just said in halftime chat that Chelsea have not lost a home game they were leading at half time in nine years. That's an impressive record.

Man Utd haven't since 1986.
  • Options

You’d think Corbyn had just won a landslide by Novara comments

Please do share a selection of your favourites, they're probably good for a laugh.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,280
    Nigelb said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

dixiedean said:

A challenge from the Left would be a gift to Starmer. He's gonna be another Kinnock I reckon.

Benn challenged Kinnock for the leadership in 1988, Kinnock won 88% to 11% for Benn
    The wierd thing is I doubt it is a close run thing as to which one is more idolised, and idealised, among party members today.
    One of my favourite what ifs is what would happen if Thatcher had survived the leadership challenge in 1990.

I reckon Thatcher would have doubled down and kept the poll tax and called an election in the summer of 1991 after a successful Gulf war.

As for the result, I think Kinnock may have won the election if not a majority.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,187
    alex_ said:

Commentator just said in halftime chat that Chelsea have not lost a home game they were leading at half time in nine years. That's an impressive record.

Indeed, Ipswich Town were the last to do it.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,306
    Nigelb said:

Regarding Bojo's plane - to make a cheap point, I think we need a grovelling apology and promise to be good in future from @williamglenn, as he said we'd be getting nothing like the 'subtle' French Presidential plane design, but it appears we have more or less a carbon copy of that design but with the Union flag.

Personally I think it looks quite nice, but I'm rather underwhelmed. It isn't Austin Powers *enough* for £900,000 as far as I am concerned. I expect to uncontrollably burst out singing Rule Britannia when I see it for that money. The person who said it just looks like a standard British Airways' jumbo is pretty on the mark.

All of which rather misses the point, which is that Boris just blagged himself a personal jet, and convinced you that it’s costing less than a million.
    It may be the 'point' as far as the wider public is concerned, but personally I'm not bothered by Boris Johnson nicking the jet (which he uses anyway?). I would be worried if it undermined our military capacity, but I have heard nothing to suggest it will.

I don't think money should be spared in advertising the UK overseas - Thatcher didn't either. Major didn't either, judging from the money he lavished on athletics training following our crappy showing in the Atlanta Olympics. I would be very much in favour (for example) of there being a new Royal Yacht. Anyone who doesn't think there's a difference in sending a trade delegation to Malacca and entertaining the movers and shakers aboard Britannia, letting them meet the Queen and see her in her geegaws, and just 'meeting them' in a conference room somewhere is mad.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Nigelb said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

dixiedean said:

Judging by how many of the Labour leaders who have been PMs are now regarded by the party, he might have gotten lucky.
    https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1219623989347332097?s=20
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328

DougSeal said:
    Good stuff.

Biden is a bruiser.

Liking the ‘whining child’ line - the Trumptons don’t like it up em.
    Biden may bumble from time to time, but he does come out with pitch perfect zingers too. This is one of them. It will drive Trump crazy.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    alex_ said:

Though to be fair in recent years haven't they kept that record by not winning at half time?
  • Options
    Aaron Bastani: “Labour is going backwards under Starmer, it seems very possible he loses more seats for example Ian Lavery’s majority is tiny and the black and brown people will see his majority go”
  • Options
    “Don’t forget, Corbyn got a higher voteshare than both Ed and Brown”
  • Options

Aaron Bastani: “Labour is going backwards under Starmer, it seems very possible he loses more seats for example Ian Lavery’s majority is tiny and the black and brown people will see his majority go”

Starmer might be able to live with that.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,108
    RobD said:
    It originates from this tweet https://twitter.com/USCPR_/status/1266113526545944576 which twists an Amnesty USA report from 2016

Which cites this article:

https://www.amnestyusa.org/with-whom-are-many-u-s-police-departments-training-with-a-chronic-human-rights-violator-israel/

That accuses the Israelis - with some justice - of excessive use of force and extra judicial killings. However, the link between the two is tenuous at best. It isn’t, to be honest, a terribly convincing article. The French train with the Israeli police too and yet I don’t see quite the same problems, ina country that also has a deeply troubled history of race relations. Heck, so do the Met. So the article seems to be a classic post hoc, ergo propter hoc fallacy probably by a BDS activist who is also an Amnesty member.

But USPCR are an organisation linked to Hamas and Islamic Jihad. Effectively, they are an American fundraising branch for them through the PNIF. They are Nazi scum who do dreadful damage and should be ignored.
  • Options
    Wow remarkable there wasn't a second for Pulisic then!
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,940
    HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

Nigelb said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

dixiedean said:

Not on net favourable.
    That's Clem.
  • Options

That isn’t by any means impossible. Hemsworth, Wansbeck, Delyn, two seats in Coventry, both seats in Newport, all held by wafer thin margins, may go next time due to changing voting habits anyway.

The trick for Starmer is to fight his way back through other seats.

Not impossible - equally, not easy.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

Nigelb said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

dixiedean said:

Not on net favourable.
    That's Clem.
    Amusing numbers for Ramsay MacDonald.

If you'd asked in the past his numbers would have been comparable to Blairs I imagine.
  • Options
    Hurrah.
  • Options
    A lot of smugness about to come from BT. Sky will be pissed off that the title was clinched on BT Sport.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

Nigelb said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

dixiedean said:

Not on net favourable.
    That's Clem.
    True, on net favourable Attlee, then Smith, then Wilson.

Interesting though Blair gets a net unfavourable rating despite being the most successful general election winner for Labour ever, while Foot and Corbyn despite being electoral disasters overall get net favourables
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,940
    edited June 2020
    ydoethur said:

That isn’t by any means impossible. Hemsworth, Wansbeck, Delyn, two seats in Coventry, both seats in Newport, all held by wafer thin margins, may go next time due to changing voting habits anyway.

Wansbeck won't exist after boundary changes.
    Delyn and the Newport ones will be very different too.

The trick will be to get a decent swing. Then there won't be any lost and a number won back.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

A lot of smugness about to come from BT. Sky will be pissed off that the title was clinched on BT Sport.

I'm surprised they agreed to switch the order of the matches after the restart.

The original plan was for Chelsea v Citeh to kick off at 12.30 on Saturday and Liverpool v Palace at 5.30 on the same Saturday.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    They don’t care about power, they care about ideas.

That’s why they never have power to sort out welfare systems and instead are quite happy to talk about transgender rights.

And with that, good night.
  • Options
    Clear penalty but harsh for the red card. Looked ball to hand to me, which in the new rules I believe has to be a penalty still but shouldn't be a red I'd have thought.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,079

Nigelb said:

Regarding Bojo's plane - to make a cheap point, I think we need a grovelling apology and promise to be good in future from @williamglenn, as he said we'd be getting nothing like the 'subtle' French Presidential plane design, but it appears we have more or less a carbon copy of that design but with the Union flag.

Personally I think it looks quite nice, but I'm rather underwhelmed. It isn't Austin Powers *enough* for £900,000 as far as I am concerned. I expect to uncontrollably burst out singing Rule Britannia when I see it for that money. The person who said it just looks like a standard British Airways' jumbo is pretty on the mark.

All of which rather misses the point, which is that Boris just blagged himself a personal jet, and convinced you that it’s costing less than a million.
    It may be the 'point' as far as the wider public is concerned, but personally I'm not bothered by Boris Johnson nicking the jet (which he uses anyway?). I would be worried if it undermined our military capacity, but I have heard nothing to suggest it will.

I don't think money should be spared in advertising the UK overseas - Thatcher didn't either. Major didn't either, judging from the money he lavished on athletics training following our crappy showing in the Atlanta Olympics. I would be very much in favour (for example) of there being a new Royal Yacht. Anyone who doesn't think there's a difference in sending a trade delegation to Malacca and entertaining the movers and shakers aboard Britannia, letting them meet the Queen and see her in her geegaws, and just 'meeting them' in a conference room somewhere is mad.
    You want us to secure trade deals by parading the Queen in her geegaws?

That sounds a bit tacky to me. That's not what I picture when I think Global Britain.
  • Options

That's going to be engraved on the Corbyn monument isn't it?
  • Options

tlg86 said:

The original plan was for Chelsea v Citeh to kick off at 12.30 on Saturday and Liverpool v Palace at 5.30 on the same Saturday.
    But it looked like the Palace game was going to be the clincher. If it wasn't for the draw against the Toffees delaying it to now it would make sense to have it decided at Anfield v Palace.
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    To point re the header, my gut is that the VP nod will go to Rice.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,336
    ydoethur said:

Agreed.
    But Corbyn’s results were likely the high water mark of the run left approach. For Starmer, it’s a case of reculer pour mieux sauter.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited June 2020
    kle4 said:

That's going to be engraved on the Corbyn monument isn't it?
    Before he get cancelled and the mob pull it down for having said something 50 years ago which in the future is deemed now not ok with the woke-arti.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

I guess that was Sky's decision. Presumably they could have had Man City v Burnley on the Sunday rather than Monday night.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,902

It's coming home, it's coming home, football's coming home.

Guessing your footage is running a minute or two ahead of mine 🙈
    I am watching on Sky.
    You’re not.

It’s on BT Sport.
    On Sky
    It really isn’t, it’s on BT Sport!!
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,918

Nigelb said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

dixiedean said:

One of my favourite what ifs is what would happen if Thatcher had survived the leadership challenge in 1990.

I reckon Thatcher would have doubled down and kept the poll tax and called an election in the summer of 1991 after a successful Gulf war.

I also wonder if Thatcher would have gone the extra mile and persuaded Bush Snr to finish the job and remove Saddam in GW1. Imagine if that had been done by people with an understanding of the need for a postwar plan for the country rather than a couple of morons with no idea and no interest in a stable Iraq after Saddam
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,584
    kinabalu said:

Nigelb said:

That sounds a bit tacky to me. That's not what I picture when I think Global Britain.
    Also a bit hard on someone who is now rather elderly, to put it politely.
  • Options

I am watching on Sky.
    You’re not.

It’s on BT Sport.
    On Sky
    My point was I'm watching it on a Sky Q box, if you stream via the BT Sport App there's about a minute delay.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,748
    edited June 2020
    HYUFD said:

dixiedean said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

Nigelb said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

dixiedean said:

Not on net favourable.
    That's Clem.
    True, on net favourable Attlee, then Smith, then Wilson.

Interesting though Blair gets a net unfavourable rating despite being the most successful general election winner for Labour ever, while Foot and Corbyn despite being electoral disasters overall get net favourables
    Blair's unpopularity is astonishing. He's not perfect, but in this company he's a giant amongst pipsqueaks.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,319
    HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

Off to check on the odds on Ian Lavery succeeding Sir Keir Starmer?

https://twitter.com/skwawkbox/status/1276204792050790405

Leadership challenge? From the people offended at people challenging Corbyn?
    Starmer trounced Long Bailey 56% to 27%, he is secure and has a mandate to cleanse the hard left from Labour
    I wouldn't put it that strongly - the mandate IMO is to lead from, the centre-left, without a huge purge. We discussed it at the (online) CLP meeting this evening - one member was extremely unhappy and another dubious, but everyone else felt that Starmer needed to take a severe line on the anti-semitism issue, not least with the EHRC report coming next month (which is my view).

But I can see some left-wingers peeling off if Layla wins and moves the LibDems to the left. I can think of a couple of people who I know would consider it.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,152
    I have a bet on Susan Rice. A very nice 340/1

Go girl!!!
  • Options

Nigelb said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

dixiedean said:

I also wonder if Thatcher would have gone the extra mile and persuaded Bush Snr to finish the job and remove Saddam in GW1. Imagine if that had been done by people with an understanding of the need for a postwar plan for the country rather than a couple of morons with no idea and no interest in a stable Iraq after Saddam
    She had a profound influence on Bush Senior.

Saddam was unlucky that when he invaded Kuwait Thatcher was in America at a conference with Bush.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

Nigelb said:

It is what all countries do, all the time. It just so happens that we are actually quite good at it.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    Ms Sultana is no stranger to sharing fake anti-Israeli propaganda..
  • Options
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

I guess that was Sky's decision. Presumably they could have had Man City v Burnley on the Sunday rather than Monday night.
    I reckon it might start happening more.

Sky don't have absolute control of the final day fixtures anymore and if the title race goes to the last day it might happen on BT Sport again.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Nigelb said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

dixiedean said:

Bush Snr was not going to do it without UN approval, 1988-1990 was the one time we had a UK PM to the right of a Republican President. Indeed my parents had some friends in New Hampshire at the time of the Republican primary in 1992 when Buchanan was challenging Bush and some Republicans told them in the hotel lift they wished they had Thatcher as President
  • Options

Ms Sultana is no stranger to sharing fake anti-Israeli propaganda..
    Another one that Starmer should ensure one way or another loses the whip. When they start losing the whip the antisemitism in the Labour Party will be gone rather than hibernating.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
  • Options
    This could be important.

"But the Democrats have a secret weapon in 2020 on the other side of the age spectrum: senior voters. Among this age group — voters 65 and older — polls so far this year reveal a dramatic shift to the Democrats. That could be the most consequential political development of this election."

"They thought he would bring them closer to the America they wanted, with some of the decency and values of the past. As far as many white seniors are concerned, they didn’t get it."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/25/opinion/trump-biden-senior-voters.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage
  • Options
    edited June 2020

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Sky don't have absolute control of the final day fixtures anymore and if the title race goes to the last day it might happen on BT Sport again.
    Did you know that the title has not changed hands on the final day without the teams involved playing each other for a very long time. I can't remember how far back you have to go, but I think it's pre-war.

So it needs something to happen that's not happened for a very long time.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

I am watching on Sky.
    You’re not.

It’s on BT Sport.
    On Sky
    My point was I'm watching it on a Sky Q box, if you stream via the BT Sport App there's about a minute delay.
    Even so, you wasted at least 40 seconds of my time scouring through the Sky channels on Virgin cable, before I discovered it was in fact on BT Sport.

I hope you feel suitably contrite.
  • Options

I am watching on Sky.
    You’re not.

It’s on BT Sport.
    On Sky
    Indeed. Streaming is definitely slower.
  • Options
    It's the other headline that will worry Tories. This one rule for us is starting to stick.
  • Options

I am watching on Sky.
    You’re not.

It’s on BT Sport.
    On Sky
    Even so, you wasted at least 40 seconds of my time scouring through the Sky channels on Virgin cable, before I discovered it was in fact on BT Sport.

I hope you feel suitably contrite.
    But the fact he was watching on Sky rather than streaming like I am is the difference of why he's seeing the goals first.
  • Options
    Thoroughly irresponsible from BT showing Liverpool fans congregating together.
  • Options
    Chelsea corner with 150 seconds remaining
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Did you know that the title has not changed hands on the final day without the teams involved playing each other for a very long time. I can't remember how far back you have to go, but I think it's pre-war.

That's one hell of a stat.

But last days like 1994/95 and 2011/12 are probably the most memorable I can recall.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Thoroughly irresponsible from BT showing Liverpool fans congregating together.

Are they doing that? Irresponsible.

NBCSN are showing lots of Liverpool fans at home, Zoom style. Or so I'm led to believe.
  • Options
    Can't wait to read Rachael Swindon's thoughts
  • Options

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

That's one hell of a stat.

But last days like 1994/95 and 2011/12 are probably the most memorable I can recall.
    Part of the reason is because the final games weren't always played at the same time. Someone won the title on the beach, I think, so I should have clarified the teams involved playing their final games at the same time.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

Off to check on the odds on Ian Lavery succeeding Sir Keir Starmer?

https://twitter.com/skwawkbox/status/1276204792050790405

Leadership challenge? From the people offended at people challenging Corbyn?
    Starmer trounced Long Bailey 56% to 27%, he is secure and has a mandate to cleanse the hard left from Labour
    I wouldn't put it that strongly - the mandate IMO is to lead from, the centre-left, without a huge purge. We discussed it at the (online) CLP meeting this evening - one member was extremely unhappy and another dubious, but everyone else felt that Starmer needed to take a severe line on the anti-semitism issue, not least with the EHRC report coming next month (which is my view).

But I can see some left-wingers peeling off if Layla wins and moves the LibDems to the left. I can think of a couple of people who I know would consider it.
    They won’t be missed.
  • Options
    Red flares and parties breaking out on Merseyside
  • Options
    Liverpool champions
  • Options
    Here we go:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/167125836149517664/

Derby County players on holiday in Majorca celebrate after learning that they have won the 1971-72 league title.
  • Options
    Right I'm off to go and cry like a disgraced televangelist.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Nigelb said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

dixiedean said:

And then run into black Wednesday
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411

Liverpool win after 30 years!

Maybe that means LAB might win sometime too! :lol:
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,691
    edited June 2020
    Interesting analysis in the Guardian on the relationship in various countries between the severity and length of lockdown and the progression of the virus in terms of number of cases.

What can we tell from this analysis? That CV-19 is a bugger to get rid of. We will almost certainly be living with a version of lockdown for the foreseeable future. You definitely want to suppress the incidence - Germany is in a better place than Sweden for example even though cases are rising in both countries. Severity of lockdown isn't a guarantee of successful suppression.

My interpretation is it isn't a question of whether we lock down,it's how we do it. And we need to be a bit smart about it.
  • Options

No one cares anymore.

But for what it's worth:

https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/status/1276214340862054401
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

kinabalu said:

Nigelb said:

I mention the Queen because she is still very much a working monarch. When she no longer feels she can represent the UK in this way (which I hope won't be for ages), of course she will hand it over to Charles. Entertaining aboard a Royal Yacht wouldn't be anything different for the Queen - at least she gets a holiday of sorts on either side.
  • Options
    🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    FF43 said:

Interesting analysis in the Guardian on the relationship in various countries between the severity and length of lockdown and the progression of the virus in terms of number of cases.

What can we tell from this analysis? That CV-19 is a bugger to get rid of. We will almost certainly be living with a version of lockdown for the foreseeable future. You definitely want to suppress the incidence - Germany is in a better place than Sweden for example even though cases are rising in both countries. Severity of lockdown isn't a guarantee of successful suppression.

My interpretation is it isn't a question of whether we lock down,it's how we do it. And we need to be a bit smart about it.

Cases are not rising in Sweden, testing has simply been massively ramped up.

Their ICU wards are emptying of Covid patients.
  • Options
    Texas is super fucked though. Houston is a week away from Hospital saturation.
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,175
    As a United fan I am delighted for the old enemy. Stopping Citeh in their tracks is good for football.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Good to see the reds back.

Oh and well done to Liverpool.
  • Options
    Sky have a reporter outside Anfield. No mask or anything. The media cannot criticise people going to the beach and then indulge Liverpool fans.
  • Options
    For people wanting to see how fucked Texas is there is
    https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/additionaldata/

And specific Houston focus with projections of how fucked they will be from these peeps
    https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/daily-new-covid-19-cases/
  • Options
    Don't live in Merseyside anymore but must have a fellow Red neighbour, someone set off red fireworks as we won the title. Nobody gathering in the street.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,152

Carnyx said:

kinabalu said:

Nigelb said:

I mention the Queen because she is still very much a working monarch. When she no longer feels she can represent the UK in this way (which I hope won't be for ages), of course she will hand it over to Charles. Entertaining aboard a Royal Yacht wouldn't be anything different for the Queen - at least she gets a holiday of sorts on either side.
    HMQ is unlikely to be travelling anywhere by the time any Royal Yacht is built.

If the government was really interested in using British soft power it would think about doing something about the performing arts, which are being crucified by this lockdown and which have been abandoned by the government.
  • Options
    TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,697
    Too much noise outside.

Has something happened?
  • Options

Too much noise outside.

Has something happened?

Imagine there's a lot of red fireworks going off across the country tonight. Considering everyone has to be at home and nobody's at pubs yet, wish I'd thought of that LOL.
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,175

Too much noise outside.

Has something happened?

The reinstate RLB petition just passes passed 2,000 signatories
  • Options

Too much noise outside.

Has something happened?

The reinstate RLB petition just passes passed 2,000 signatories
    😆
  • Options
    edited June 2020
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,894

No one cares anymore.

But for what it's worth:

https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/status/1276214340862054401
    That is supporting Starmer right?
  • Options
    He's just a really likeable dude.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,691
    Alistair said:

FF43 said:

Maybe. Think my point about Germany with fewer cases being in a better place still stands however. Looking at the Swedish stats, the large numbers still in ICU is striking. 180 currently. In contrast, Scotland with half the population has just 7.
  • Options
    Off topic. Good to see that Jess Phillips has some solid sci-fi titles on her book shelves. Iain M Banks, Orson Scott Card, Arthur C Clark, William Gibson, Isaac Asimov, Frank Herbert,...
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    Fox: Biden +9 in FLA, +2 in GA and NC, +1 in ..... Texas.
  • Options
    eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,883
    FF43 said:

Alistair said:

FF43 said:

Maybe. Think my point about Germany with fewer cases being in a better place still stands however. Looking at the Swedish stats, the large numbers still in ICU is striking. 180 currently. In contrast, Scotland with half the population has just 7.
    They have also been doing gazillions of tests in Gütersloh and Warendorf, where the Tönios abbatoir has that huge outbreak. School breaks up this week and most holiday accommodation is insisting that holiday makers from those districts can prove a cuurent negative test to be allowed to stay there.
  • Options
    Andrew said:

Fox: Biden +9 in FLA, +2 in GA and NC, +1 in ..... Texas.

Get in!
This discussion has been closed.